[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw for all we know our consciousness could be a result of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
>mfw for all we know our consciousness could be a result of refracting light off of what once was earth, as we all travel a light wave carrying our visible being through space as earth was destroyed billions of years ago and none of us would ever know it because we're all just a memory
>life isn't short
>life ended milenia ago
>>
File: image.jpg (282 KB, 1242x1179) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282 KB, 1242x1179
This nigga high ass hell
>>
>>29366120
that kind of makes sense, famm

but wouldn't that mean you die when you go into a dark cave?
>>
>>29366120
An "image" of our planet travelling through space like a reflection would be just that- an image.

It would be impossible for a consciousness to exist inside it for a simple reason- this image would not contain a copy of your brain chemistry and synapses- only an image of your head and face. That's some Plato shit right here- reflections do not posses the property of being

But decent trip, I r8 4/10
>>
>>29366120
Modern philosophy all boils down to
>Duuude, what if we don't exist and like, we're unable to tell?

Well I can't tell why should I give a fuck?
>>
>>29366120
We live in a computer simulation that is running on some advanced civililaztion's quantum computers.
>>
>>29366314
Because you can't really tell whether or not you should give a fuck, obviously
>>
File: 2014_2_spiderman_gallery.jpg (46 KB, 565x339) Image search: [Google]
2014_2_spiderman_gallery.jpg
46 KB, 565x339
nigga what the fuk?
>>
>>29366367
I really doubt we would have qualia if that was the case
Programmed beings can only do what they're programmed to
And you can't really program imagination
>>
>>29366367
F U T U R E J A I L
U
T
U
R
E

J
A
I
L
>>
File: 1444682245293.jpg (29 KB, 506x285) Image search: [Google]
1444682245293.jpg
29 KB, 506x285
>>29366373
>you can't really tell whether or not you should give a fuck, obviously

wrong. you are inclined to give a fuck. I mean we "give a fuck" about board games, video games or TV shows even though we know these aren't "real". We give a fuck about a lot of shit that is to some degree an illusion.

If your life was a computer game you would still want to achieve a high score. That's just the nature of human action- it is a purpose in itself not dependent on its environment.

The only thing you shouldn't give a fuck about is whether the Matrix was a documentary or whether this world is sitting on top of a giant tortoise. Unless, like OP, you want some dank trips
>>
>>29366120
this is so fucking retarded i'm going to post it on /sci/
>>
>>29366506
>i'm going to post it on /sci/

Why not /lit/? I'm sure those faggots would have a long philosophical circle-jerk about it
>>
>>29366449
Why couldn't you? Once you can program artificial intelligence, you can do anything. In fact, we already have computer programs that are modeling insects and their behaviors, they're almost early AIs. How can you be sure youre not a program? Could that insect realize he's not real?
>>
>>29366498
Don't tell me what to do and how I think bitchboi
>>
>>29366498
>wrong. you are inclined to give a fuck
Doesn't mean you should, and that's up to judgment values. Don't make up my judgment values for me.
>>
>>29366565
the psuedoscience will trigger /sci/ autists, watch
>>
>>29366572
It's funny that if we're AIs, we make our own AIs inside a computer program. How deep is the rabbits hole? One day our own AIs will make their own AIs in their simulated world. And similarly, what if the computer we're running on is just a simulated computer on the computer of a civilization a level behind?
>>
>>29366639
what if it creates a closed loop where the "first layer" of reality is a simulation inside the "deepest layer"

shit would be cray
>>
>tfw when we're all on an Ultralight Beam
>tfw this is all a horrible God dream
>>
>>29366687
God's got some issues it needs to work out, doesn't it?
Shit.
I hope they're not always like this.
>>
>>29366581
>>29366612

What's with this board and Tumblr tier individualism?

I mean I'd expect individualism out of people with self-respect, but when I get it from people who obviously don't have any it's just weird.
>>
>>29366120
Literally copied from some shitpost on /sci/

who gives a shit if we don't exist right now and already did, we're experiencing shit and are concious, that's what matters
>>
>>29366314
>Well I can't tell why should I give a fuck?

That's logical positivism, which is modern philosophy in the grand scheme of things
>>
>>29367135
/r9k/ hivemind shill pls go
I know what you're up to
trying to turn us against our nature
pfffft
not falling for it this time bubs
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 240x240
>>29366120
>we're the universe experiencing itself
>>
Your last moment before death will appear to last infinitely long to your point of view, because after your brain stops perceiving new things you will not experience the progression of time.
>>
>>29368146
Oh man I'm so afraid of this
I don't really know how time dilation and the experience of time is mediated, but I assume it's neurological and that brain damage (such as when dying) could totally throw it out of whack in random and disastrous ways.
>>
>>29366661
>>29366666
orignalogasdgfg
>>
>>29367992

>this retard telling me about /sci/

heres a piece of our chat from hours ago twat
>>
>>29367992
This htread is older than the one on /sci/ faggot
>>
>>29366506
>>29367992
>the fuckwads on /sci/ are dumber than we first expected
>>
>have ADD
>try to sleep but cannot stop thinking 'am i just laying down still with my eyes open but only see the night and thinking i am sleeping or am i really sleeping with my eyes closed?
>>
>>29366449
>muh qualia
kys my nigguh
>>
File: 1I8ZUAr.jpg (136 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1I8ZUAr.jpg
136 KB, 720x1280
is anyone alive still
>>
File: 1420398875828.png (257 KB, 516x526) Image search: [Google]
1420398875828.png
257 KB, 516x526
>>29369496
stop bumping an old thread nigger licker
>>
>>29366120
Existentialism is babbys first philosophy.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.