[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really considered shitposting if everyone is doing it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_lwzqs4V83K1qdqv28o1_500.jpg (103 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwzqs4V83K1qdqv28o1_500.jpg
103 KB, 500x668
Is it really considered shitposting if everyone is doing it? Why has shitposting become popular?
>>
Because people have short attention spans and all they want to do is post something quickly that will get alot of replies. And all the classic bait threads always get alot of replies because you have people getting baited, people saying dont get baited, people arguing over who is the bigger newfag, people pretending to be newfags oh and dont forget fights about who is more reddit. This board is a literal shithole and people literally dont want to think for even a second to maybe improve it. Theyd just rather post random stupid shit that will get em replies and just be done with it.
>>
>>28887958
Communication that caters to the lowest common denominator. I believe a lot of it has to do with (you)s. Accumulating (you)s is just as normie tier as getting likes or upvotes or whatever. Except with (you)s you don't have to say something everyone likes, you just need an inflammatory, "funny" or divisive post that engages as many people as possible
>>
>>28888289
I'd rather than (you)s from meaningful discussion. The board game general on /tg/ is one of the only places I feel comfortable talking and asking questions, but it's such a slow thread
>>
File: image_31.jpg (82 KB, 540x329) Image search: [Google]
image_31.jpg
82 KB, 540x329
>>28888224
This. The ammount of logical fallacies or posters that play one card and suddenly change their game is ridiculous at this point. Meaningfull conversations are dying because people here seem not to even fucking bother anymore.

No one is really even trying anymore because thinking is hard
>>
Nobody cares about even talking anymore, all they care about is getting replies. And i swear to god at least 50% of this board is here purely to shitpost and do nothing else. Once a shitty bait thread is open literally everyone is shitposting and baiting inside of it instead of contributing to something more well thought out.
>>
>>28887958
I just blame newfags. It's fun and silly and fresh to newfags.

But after 10 years of reading shitposts you just get tired of it, and start to value realposts more. I would rather read a person's honest feelings rather than see their failed attempts at memes.
>>
4chan is a site full of shitposters, that has always been the case and always will be
>>
>>28888888
Let's see then...
Orinails
>>
File: 1442735051059.jpg (42 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
1442735051059.jpg
42 KB, 500x557
>>28888802
I think the notion of bait is to be discussed here

It aint that old, and before you'd have anons explain to you why you're wrong or just calling you a troll. Now if something displease you you can just call it bait, even if its purpose wasnt meant to be a bait.

What we call bait are messages that are designed to trigger people. It's sole function is to annoy a specific group of person, or a whole. But now if you post a message that isn't designed to trigger but still do, you'd be called bait too.

Example : go to /k/ and ask them why their coward ass need to constantly bring war weapons by their side for their own defense, and e v e r y o n e will call bait on you. No honest answer. No truth. Just memes.
>>
>>28888998
> No honest answer. No truth. Just memes
Thats 4chan for ya, but it seems like this board was supposed to bring a safe haven for people who like to discuss things rather than shitpost, atleast thats the idea that i get.
>>
>>28888289
Sometimes when I spread my message and notice I have like 5 replies, I willingly stop lurking the thread because I know I'm only gonna get memes and hatred. I don't get how people would crave for attention so much that they'd even do it with negative attention
>>
>>28888871
thats cuz ur an old depressed loser that has no1 to talk to
>>
>>28889178
And he has a right to want what he wants the same way you and i do.
>>
File: 1415535634569.png (239 KB, 628x477) Image search: [Google]
1415535634569.png
239 KB, 628x477
>>28889108
I thought that board was for feelposting at first. Kinda new to r9k. Years after years I'm still discovering the little communities of 4chan, I guess this is why I can't bring myself to leave this place and never come back.

Do you truly feel that this place is for discussions ?

While I see you guys are less meme oriented, I haven't noticed the community to be particularly nice or more prone to conversation than other boards.
>>
>>28889108
What other boards are good to post in with decent discussion?
>>
>>28888998
your example is literally baiting by your own definition though
>>
>>28889250
Basically this was supposed to be /b/ but with a bot that would prevent spam i believe. Well i come here to discuss things with others, i dont think you can find random discussions about life anywhere other than /b/ and /r9k/ maybe /int/ but here theyre most frequent, plus i identify with alot of mentally ill people that visit this place so. But id agree with you that this board is not particularly nice, for a board that used to pride itself on intelligent discussions everyones pretty hostile and angry all the time, which i consider highly unintelligent.
>>28889258
Id assume you could get topic related discussion on boards like /v/ /lit/ /mu/ /tv/. But sadly those boards are also mostly memes. So i really dont know what to suggest to you, otherwise id also be there and not here right now.
>>
>>28889410
Eh you get the idea. Of all the examples possible, the only /k/ase I could think of was this one.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.