[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone taking antidepressants?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 20
File: antidepressants.jpg (18 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
antidepressants.jpg
18 KB, 650x400
Did they make you less depressed?`
I took SSRIs for half a year or so, but for anxiety and all they did was make me sleepy and they did was make me sleepy.
It has been a year since I stopped and I feel extremely tired and low energy now.

Did they work for any of you? I don't think I can take it much more tbqh family.
>>
Nobody? Come on guys, at least some of you should.
>>
Im taking antidepressants and theyre helping, though i plan on slowly stopping with that shit so i dont become too dependent. I dont know whats wrong with you americans but literally none of you have achieved anything by taking SSRI's. I started taking my meds my psychiatrist prescribed me and they helped me immensely
>>
>>28886553
>I dont know whats wrong with you americans but literally none of you have achieved anything by taking SSRI's.

why people still make those retarded sweeping generalizations?
>>
>>28886553
OP here, I'm from Germany. What did you take and how long until you felt some improvements?
>>
I've taken nearly every anti-depressant available and none of them had any positive effect on me.
Stopped taking them because they also had side effects like dry mouth, problems maintaining an erection.
>>
>>28886645
Because its easy to do and takes less effort than quoting each time ive seen an american complain about non working SSRI's and quoting each time ive seen one talking about how theyve worked( which is not even once).
>>
I started taking lexapro in February.

Hasn't really made me less depressed but it has made me less emotional. My anxiety is about the same but my physical reactions aren't as severe.

Has also made my insomnia worse and I'm disassociating a lot more.

So it really hasn't helped anything. I guess the only good thing I can say is that it gives me super vivid weird dreams, whereas before I couldn't remember any of my dreams.
>>
UKfag here. Was on fluoxetine for a year and a half and it didn't do much for me. Started sertraline 2 weeks ago but haven't felt anything yet.
>>
>>28886705
My mistake then. Im taking Rissar/Risset which is some serbian crap i believe and flunisan which may or may not be another serbian only med since what i see when i google each are serbian only websites, but it might be because im incapable. With rissar/risset bs it didnt really help me what so ever but flunisan helped me the second i started taking 2 pills a day, literally felt improvements in maybe a week or so.
>>
>>28886716
how can you be so stupid?

if it worked they obviously wouldn't be here
>>
>>28886779
Worked for me and im still here, there are parts of depression that can never be cured, or maybe im just too lethargic as a person.
>>
>>28886762
>flunisan
Weird I've been prescribed it as well, it is called Fluoxetin here and Prozac in Burgerland. Didn't to much for me at all.

>Rissar
That's Risperidone, which is mostly prescribed for schizophrenia. Why did they give it to you?
>>
>>28886960
Oh its for schizophrenia, then it did help. I used to hear voices and they annoyed me, kinda bored without them now desu senpai, you dont know what you have till you lose it.
Shame the medicine im taking isnt working for you, it really helped me.
>>
I'm on Zoloft right now and literally all it does is make me nauseous and unable to focus while making me feel even worse than before if I stop. It hasn't made me feel any better than before, literally only weed works.
>>
>>28887047
Have you talked to a doctor to give you something else?
>>
>>28886228
>mirtazapine
made me eat and sleep more, didn't help with my depressions
>sertraline
made my stomach hurt, didn't help with my depressions
>venlafaxine
killed my dick and libido, helped with my depressions
They sadly were ruining my liver so I had to go from 375mg to 225mg
Now they aren't doing anything

None of these helped with my anxiety
>>
Yes
Wellbutrin
I was prescribed Risperidone but I didn't take it because I'm not insane, just severely depressed and lethargic.
Since taking I'm much more tired and I just sleep all day
>>
125 mg of zoloft and 50 mg of trazodone. im more talkative but its a curse
>>
I took them but really didn't need to. They numbed me further. I only achieved some happiness when I started eating healthy, lift/cardio at least 5 times a week and slept early for at least 8 hours. Before you arrange to see the doc at least try doing this for a few months. You will feel like a different person. Also consider getting your testosterone levels checked, or just get a full panel.
>>
>>28887536
>You will feel like a different person.
If this works for someone then they didn't have any real problems.
>>
File: b0cPwem.gif (2 MB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
b0cPwem.gif
2 MB, 500x259
>>28886228
I take paroxetine for social anxiety and generalized depression. It works. It works really well, super well.

But I have taken Prozac, fluoxetine and dumyrox before too. Only paroxetine really worked out 100% for me as far as turning the really bad into a manageable amount of anxiety etc.

Please, to all that are taking antidepressants, I ask you to never lose hope and remember that of our brains have different chemistry and will respond to different meds in different ways. Don't give up hope.

You will get there.
>>
>citalopram for half year, took away anxiety but everything felt like a fog
>voxra combined with citalopram made me very emotional and weird, fight with my friends and family
>seroquel did nothing just gaved me high blood pressure and noseblood
>zyprexa zombie like but sleep good
>i just started lexapro and i have hard time sleeping
>>
On lexapro now tbqh
>>
>>28887554
Pretty much. Exercising and eating healthy = cured depression is a meme that keeps on living thanks to idiots who thought they actually had depression. You were just sad.
>>
>>28886228
Nope, don't want to damage my serotonin receptors. So you use them and like any other drug you start needing more and more to get the effects.

Don't worry, it goes back to normal after you stop, I think, but it makes them really hard to get off of. You might suicide or, in a rare circumstance, shoot up a school. I don't want any part of that.

You guys got suckered in by a drug dealer.

>>28886553
Placebos have actually been shown to be more effective than SSRI's themselves. SSRI is 25% effectiveness while placebo is 33% effective.

>tfw good memory

Chances of you dying in a car accident as a pedestrian is 1 in 286
>>
>>28887617
Yeah I actually spent last summer running every day and eating heathly, all that shit. It didn't really help.
>>
>>28887554
Some people probs don't, but they whine enough about it to make you think they do. If you're truly fucked in the head then fine, go to the doctor. If you have mild anxiety then why not take control of the things that could influence those feels.
>>
>>28887632
>Chances of you dying in a car accident as a pedestrian is 1 in 286

This is wrong actually

>tfw bad memory
>>
>>28887617
It just didn't work for you. Which is unfortunate. Exercise helps ease the symptoms for some people, so it should be encouraged.
>>
I'm on Sertraline and it's done amazing things for me i just regretted not taking them sooner. I'm more sociable, my appetite is back, i actually can sleep now and i don't wake up feeling like the world is slowly closing in and crushing me.

They're a breath of fresh air desu, never understood the hate i've got no side effects and they've been nothing but helpful.
>>
I have taken every type of ssri under the sun and they haven't done a damn thing besides make my head tick when I don't take them and lower my sex drive.
>>
Did anyone get a side effect on SSRI where you feel like you have to pee all the time?
You don't actually have to, but it feels like it. It seems to be kind of rare according to the doctor, but I had this on all SSRIs. It's really shitty, because it makes you feel really uncomfortable.
>>
>>28887812
Try shock therapy
>>
File: Reality.jpg (23 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
Reality.jpg
23 KB, 452x452
>>28887445
How long where you on venlafaxine before you got liver problems? Venlafaxine definitely helps me and I don't want to stop.
>>
i have bipolar one
quetiapine and bupropion are the antidepressants in my cocktail and strattera if you count that
i had a depressive episode recently. we raised the quetiapine dose by 100mg and that worked. it was really weird because i was keeping a thought diary and became ever more alienated from who i thought i was.

it's really weird every time.
ama
>>
File: trynokes.png (218 KB, 300x366) Image search: [Google]
trynokes.png
218 KB, 300x366
>>28886735
Hey fellow UKfag - I was on sertraline for 6 months, did nothing for me.

Just started on fluoxetine, let's hope it works.
>>
>>28887997
Just a few weeks, but I also took a bunch of other meds
Lyrica was probably the biggest issue
You shouldn't worry unless you are taking 3-4 meds every day
>>
>>28886735
>>28888359

stupid memeboys, dont listen to these fags.
>>
Get this shit fucker
>>
>>28888699
what
what did I do
>>
The get is mime. MINE!
>>
Can i wait for the get here?
>>
File: s4sayano.gif (2 MB, 366x360) Image search: [Google]
s4sayano.gif
2 MB, 366x360
>>28888741
>>28888741
no it is not my friend
>>
This is the official get thread now. Fuck antidepressants.
>>
>>28887632
>Placebos have actually been shown to be more effective than SSRI's themselves. SSRI is 25% effectiveness while placebo is 33% effective.

this is simply untrue, SSRI's help over 70% of the people who take them

http://www.psychiatryadvisor.com/mood-disorders/analysis-confiirms-efficacy-of-ssri-antidepressants/article/417102/
>>
File: consume.png (398 KB, 1147x933) Image search: [Google]
consume.png
398 KB, 1147x933
gib 88888888 please mr robot
>>
>>28887445
>Venlafaxine
>Killed dick and libido
Wanna switch? I can't stop jacking it.
>>
File: esfores.jpg (80 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
esfores.jpg
80 KB, 800x800
>>28888814
ooooooh pls gib I wish to have
>>
File: me_irl_kohina1.png (191 KB, 288x365) Image search: [Google]
me_irl_kohina1.png
191 KB, 288x365
>>28888826
we must wait a bit friend, the get will come
>>
File: naughty.png (309 KB, 982x534) Image search: [Google]
naughty.png
309 KB, 982x534
>>28888838
it will, it shall, it must
>>
>>28888814
i>>28888826
You never will
>>
File: you-irl.png (491 KB, 618x560) Image search: [Google]
you-irl.png
491 KB, 618x560
>>28888847
For once we get the get we win
>>
>>28888814
>>28888814
hello soapy soap
>>
File: bullying not allower.jpg (58 KB, 852x292) Image search: [Google]
bullying not allower.jpg
58 KB, 852x292
>>28888867
we are close friend
>>
I think my doc wont give me meds
>>
File: bopples.png (625 KB, 675x826) Image search: [Google]
bopples.png
625 KB, 675x826
>>28888899
well I am happy with that number that is a very aesthetically pleasing number
>>
File: 1356478420340.jpg (67 KB, 629x540) Image search: [Google]
1356478420340.jpg
67 KB, 629x540
What people don't understand about SSRIs is that they don't "fix" your depression, they help you get out of bed in the morning and give you some motivation or ablity to fix your life and stop being depressed

if you take them and don't use that time to do the things you know you need to do to be happy (get out make friends, get a job, clean your shit, whatever your issues are) then you will think "they don't work"

but they were not supposed to make you happy with your shit life, they were supposed to give you a tiny boost to change it.....
>>
>>28888885
fuck so close
>>28888888
oreeeegono
>>
>>28888722
telling ssris dont work.
the difference of life with them is gigantic. they push the mood unbelievable.
>>
>>28888824
Nah, I actually like having no libido
>>
>>28888968
I've been on 3 different SSRIs - none have worked for me personally.

They may work for others, but so far I've yet to find one that does.
>>
>>28888938
if the depression is caused by an inbalance of chemicals in you brain and the antidepressants correct that, how does this not fix the depression?
>>
File: 1358077001320.jpg (150 KB, 539x946) Image search: [Google]
1358077001320.jpg
150 KB, 539x946
>>28888938
>but they were not supposed to make you happy with your shit life, they were supposed to give you a tiny boost to change it.....

oh god no i think this might be right
>>
File: 1462856184807.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
1462856184807.gif
646 KB, 512x481
>>28886228
Was on prozac for 2+ years, paxil for ~8 months, and zoloft for like 2-3 months.

Shit doesn't work. At all. Never made me feel the slightest bit different.

>"Doctor these pills aren't doing anything"
>"ah I see the problem, I'll prescribe you some more"
>>
>>28889029

it depends, if you are say a nurse and your life has not fallen apart it might fix that person's depression

but if you are an average robot who never leaves the house and has nothing and has a sad life, it will help the chemical imbalance but until you fix your life you will never not be depressed

ask yourself if a person with no chemical imbalance could be happy doing what you do day in day out, if the answer is no then fixing the imbalance alone won't help
>>
>>28889018
Mabye you already have a good serotonin levels, then it would makes sense that nothing happens.
For me they changed my life, i was crippled through social anxiety, the real stuff with flashbacks and shit.
The anxiety made me stupid because its impossible to think and learn.
with the ssris i got from worst student in highschool to graduated as class best and enabled me to go to college.
>>
File: 71Pde2wFswL._SL1500_.jpg (174 KB, 1176x1500) Image search: [Google]
71Pde2wFswL._SL1500_.jpg
174 KB, 1176x1500
>>28888938
sucks to be you faggots
doesn't matter what the fuck i'm doing, add more seroquel and i stop being manic or stop being depressed. add more lithium and i stop being manic or stop self-harming or wanting to kill myself.
after they kick in over some time maybe you just sit there in the ashes and things are clear again it's such a relief
then finally you can get moving on lifestyle changes

i don't know how it could happen any other way. i really just can't do the things i would supposedly need to do to be happy in those very extreme circumstances.
>>
>>28889112
That's some bullshit strewn by your psychiatrist to get you on the anti-depressants.

Why would you ever waste time taking useless pills when you're the problem?
>>
>>28889160
why is it bad to be manic?
this literally the best feeling you can get.
>>
>>28886228
Antidepressants, in everything but major cases, have the same affects as placebos.
>>
>>28889204
all aboard the unfunny meme train!
le evil psychiatrist give you le medicine that makes you a zombie and has no effect at the same time.
>>
File: 0547670937.jpg (53 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
0547670937.jpg
53 KB, 720x540
>>28889189
>>28889189
>Why would you ever waste time taking useless pills when you're the problem?

people develop (who are very very depressed) a chemical imbalance and a shortage of serotonin, they basically cannot get out of bed in the morning ; the pills help them get out of bed and fix their lives

kind of like how adderall can allow you to study, but you still have to study, if you just watch TV and take adderall your grades will still be shit and you might say "it didn't work"

the chemical imbalance can be caused by having a shit life for too long
>>
File: 1432837190936.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1432837190936.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>28889160
>seroquel
>pic related

I was on that shit for a long time for 'sleep'. Doctor started upping to dose to 250mg every 4 hours and that shit is literal cancer. I tried killing myself with those and I swear that shit fucked me up for good.
>>
On venlafaxine and it stops me from being an overemotional faggot which is nice. The withdrawal symptoms when you forget a dose sucks though
>>
>>28889199
there are some states associated with mania that just aren't good to have. i might get extremely irritable or extremely sadistic.

and with mania, you have delusions. i'll never feel as perfect as all the times i knew i was the second coming of christ and god corporeal. but delusions can be very bad and always get out of hand.

and then there's the fact that mania just destroys your life. for whatever reason i miss all my appointments, forgo all responsibilities that aren't extremely difficult or glamorous, and do everything irregularly. it's a disaster if you're trying to do a semester, even if all the work is easier.

so when i get manic or uppity i head to my psychiatrist in trepidation.
>>
>>28889276
>kinda like how adderall can allow you to study
Yea because adderall actually fucking works on it's own... like a drug I pay money for should.

Seriously.. my fucking ass about everything you just said. If the shortage of serotonin is the problem, fixing the imbalance should fix the problem. It shouldn't be "take X drug, then fix your problems and that's how these drugs work"

When I got prescribed Norco after my surgery, doctors didn't say. "here take this. It'll regulate the receptors causing you to feel pain, but if you want the pain to go away you should figure something out on your own for that"
>>
>>28889324
I think I'm the only one who likes it.

I'm on 700 right now. 800 is the most they do usually. I'll probably go down a bit before long.

Somehow I get none of the side effects. It does make me stupid and put me to sleep and make my nose stuffy when I take it, but I take it at bedtime (except for prn). Taking 250mg during the day would be torture.

When I went off it for a few years it was awful to go back to how normal people fall asleep instead of feeling the seroquel take everything away.
>>
>>28889420
>Seriously.. my fucking ass about everything you just said. If the shortage of serotonin is the problem, fixing the imbalance should fix the problem. It shouldn't be "take X drug, then fix your problems and that's how these drugs work"

"should"

let's say the person has been very depressed for 3 years and now weighs 350lbs, has no friends, posts on r9k all day and failed out of college

no pill is going to make anyone happy in that life, it's supposed to give you the motivation to fix your shit

it's not really that complicated, not sure why you don't get that someone whose life has fallen apart due to a chemical imbalance might need pills to help him fix his life
>>
>>28889712
>no pill is going to make anyone happy in that life
Opiates would, until your tolerance got too high.

LSD microdosing looks promising. Going to try it when I have some money.
>>
SSRI's are more or less bullshit in my opinion. I'm on Wellbutrin and it seems to help without turning me into a retard. I'm on 450 milligrams of Wellbutrin, 2400 milligrams of gabapentin, and Seroquel as needed. Technically I'm prescribed 450 milligrams of the Seroquel a day, but I'm taking a lot less because it makes me feel retarded. I'd have benzo's if I hadn't already been to the hospital for severe benzodiazepine withdrawals from recreational use.
>>
>>28889897
BEWARE ANY PSYCH PATIENT USING LSD that taking it on top of pharmaceuticals may trigger serotonin syndrome. depends on the drug of course. ask your psychiatrist. the infamous mix is lsd+lithium but it happens with a lot of drugs and is not always well publicized.
>>
>>28890002
Anyone know how long after cessation of lithium and trazadone I'm safe to take mushrooms? I'm going to give it at least a couple weeks.
>>
>>28889712
I don't know if you think I don't have a reason to say what I'm saying, but I've been on anti-depressants for years. YEARS. So don't imply I don't know what I'm talking about.

>no pill is going to make anyone happy in that life, it's supposed to give you the motivation to fix your shit

>it's not really that complicated, not sure why you don't get that someone whose life has fallen apart due to a chemical imbalance might need pills to help him fix his life

There's a fundamental flaw in what you're suggesting. Let me put it this way since you mention adderall

Adderall = amphetimine

Amphetimine causes dopamine to release, which causes stimulation. People with ADD and ADHD self stimulate themselves (in whatever way), and when you introduce this kind of drug it removes the need the 'self-stimulate', allowing you to do whatever you want without the mind-cluttering or jitteryness or whatever adverse affects your disorder causes.

You see the difference between the two? When I take adderall, I notice the affects within a few minutes. It's a substantial, immediate change. You don't need 'motivation' to change anything because the pills do that.

So how the fuck can you say anti-depressants are any different? If the chemical imbalance is the problem, just like it is in ADD and ADHD and almost every other medical problem like that in the world, fixing the imbalance fixes the problem. But it doesn't.

You're excuse of "needing pills to help you help yourself" is the biggest load of shit ever. You might as well take placebos and tell yourself to make change because that's what you're doing anyway.
>>
UK therapist who drops in now and then here.

My general view of anti-depressants is that they don't exist to make you happy or take away your problems. They are there to take the edge off the low mood, allowing you to function better and thus take some action, perhaps in a combination with a talking therapy.

I don't really agree with medication for anxiety unless it's severe. It encourages avoidance of the problem and doesn't solve anything.

Also friendly reminder that just because a medication didn't work for you, doesn't mean it's bullshit. Everyone reacts different to each medication and there's usually alternatives.
>>
>>28890035

I know people who always do their whole addy script for the month in a week, every time and all they do is jerk off and watch porn their grades still suck

the way I am describing ssris working is what a shrink will tell you, the thing is changing the subtle chemical imbalance requires drugs that do not act instantly

placebos will not change the persons brain chemistry and the person will just lay in bed for years

i took Prozac and it helped me greatly with motivation
>>
File: q4.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
q4.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>28890151
Well there's a reason more people say anti-depressants don't work for them than they do, and why the exact opposite is true for drugs that actually work.
>>
>>28889251
It's true, the placebo effect is really strong. It's not that the medicine does nothing, it's just that the effects are marginal enough to be on part with placebo.
>>
File: 1432826459259.jpg (6 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
1432826459259.jpg
6 KB, 237x213
>>28890043
>gotta protect this ideal or pharma companys won't pay me to push certain pills on people

also

>I don't really agree with medication for anxiety unless it's severe. It encourages avoidance of the problem and doesn't solve anything.
So wrong it's not even funny
>>
>>28886228
take paxil it works sometimes
>>
>>28890409
I don't get paid by pharmaceutical companies. I work for a company providing NHS contracts and get paid a flat rate. Its a client's choice whether they want to take anti-depressants or not, literally makes no difference to me.

So you think I'm pushing medication on people but then when I say I'm not really for anxiety medication, it's a problem. You can explain why you think I'm wrong if you like.
>>
Zoloft

lost my sense of time
horny as fuck all the time
insomnia
felt like a zombie by the 3rd bottle

It helped though. it helped take away the suicidal thoughts and gave me a lot of energy
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.