[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't left the house in 2 months, never had a job, play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4
File: WDWDWD.png (20 KB, 742x504) Image search: [Google]
WDWDWD.png
20 KB, 742x504
I haven't left the house in 2 months, never had a job, play games all day and watch streams. And yet when I do IQ tests online I get these type of scores. The only thing being "smart" has ever done for me, is I realise how fucked up the fucking world is.
>>
>>28673242
realize* aw fuck someone is gonna coment on that shit I guarentee it.
>>
Intelligence =|= motivation.

Some of the smartest people I know are either junkies or work some shitty job like at a gas station.

I'm in the 140's, and I struggle to get out of bed every day.
>>
What would be the percentile for a 123 IQ?
>>
>>28673263
i have a high IQ but weak processing speed and working memory.

I score around 110-120 on a legit IQ test but on the comments of it, it says due to my low procsesing speed, poor working memory, anxiety, and overanalyzing questions, my score might be underestimated
>>
>>28673249
comment* you sperg, although i'm sure that was intentional too
>>
>>28673284
peenth percentile
>>
134 here

22 year old NEET, never had a job. Not even fat or ugly just have really bad social anxiety and depression from a bad childhood that I spent raising myself on video games.

The constant paralysis by over analysis contributes heavily to an already bad emotional state.
>>
File: 1456083278824.jpg (66 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1456083278824.jpg
66 KB, 500x377
Maybe now you realize that IQ isn't the most important thing in the person. There are very successful people out there with loving partner, career, home, and just all around fulfilling life and they have average IQ's.

You can tip your fedora and feel euphoric all you want, but in the end of the day you have nothing and they have everything.
>>
>>28673286
Ayy same, 123 iq but attention problems, I guess our scores are underestimated.
>>
this test doesn't mean shit. You're still a NEET robot and no one loves you
>>
>>28673249
that's only for amerifags
>>
We live in a culture where intelligence isn't valued.
>>
>>28673242

what page is that? I want dat test.
>>
>>28673242
A lot of people even really dumb people through experience realize how fucked up this world is. Luck counts for more than intelligence so if you can't work hard/smart or just catch a lucky break you're fucked.
>>
>>28673380
cant imagine anyone loving someone who makes posts like this on the internet
>>
>>28673286
exactly - legit, I never solved below 115, but those were some tests doe, highest I did was 134.

No real tests online, for proper test u need syckoterapisto
>>
link to the test
>>
>>28673455
I took my test from a psychologist and got 123, no shitty online tests.
>>
>>28673455
yeah I had a psychotherapist for some bullshit

I scored lower when I was 16 than when I was 13 on an IQ test. I think I'm progressively getting dumber
>>
>>28673477

Naw man, even if you take tests from psychologists you will still have a slight variation between them.

IMO all above 110 is good enough.
>>
I would like to try this test, OP. Would you be so kind as to provide a link?
>>
>>28673475
on a legit iq test I get around 120, but on an online one I get like 110, mostly because online tests only test you for visual pattern recognition
>>
>>28673477
depression does that. I vivdly remember feeling smarter when I was 10 than I am now. Not as in a knowledge sense. But just as in how aware and perceptive of the world I was.
>>
>>28673495
Thats why I dont believe the people here that got 130+
>>
File: bubu.png (37 KB, 752x769) Image search: [Google]
bubu.png
37 KB, 752x769
LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK
???
LINK

I want to feel superior goddamit gimme link.
>>
140+ iq reporting in, iq really doesn't mean anything, only still in Mensa for the discounts at my local electronics store
>>
>>28673527
IQ does mean something. Just doesn't affect how successful you'll be in life. But it certainly does mean something. I have a hard time engaging in a conversation that actually interests me or being able to relate to anybody with an average to low iq.
>>
>>28673568
Tbh, I have trouble engaging in a conversation with anyone in general, regardless of their IQ
>>
I heavily doubt the reliability of IQ tests. I think it's much more about motivation.
How can you explain the phenomen of a stacy, who talk shit about her newest snapchat convo all day, but at the same time, gets over the top grades and doing better than you?
>>
>>28673765
because she can follow the rules easily

you don't need to be highly intelligent to get good grades, just motivated and able to follow guidelines

I cannot function in school without my Adderall, and even then it just motivates me to do productive things outside of the curriculum
>>
>>28673800
>>28673765
plus, it's not as if Stacy is particularly dumb or anything, she might have an IQ of 105~ or even higher

a high IQ doesn't mean you're particularly intuitive or a divergent thinker. and divergent thinkers typically end up becoming outsiders, as they're unable to follow norms
>>
IQ tests essentially measure your brain's processing capabilities, and even then, only short-term. Working memory, processing speed, timed pattern recognition, etc. Yes there are some verbal aspects and simple recalling of facts (crystallized knowledge) as well, but it's heavily based on "How quickly can you figure out [x] accurately".

A person with high IQ doesn't necessarily make good long term decisions. They don't necessarily have a good ability to connect with others (get frustrated by how slow everyone connects the dots or seems to misunderstand half the shit you say). Honestly, it's a hindrance in some ways and in some environments.

I have taken legit IQ tests at different points in my life and always scored between 145 and 150. Meanwhile, I'm a permavirgin pedo with social anxiety, although I do at least have a career that I enjoy.
>>
>>28673568
I would say it "doesn't determine" whether you'll be successful.
>>
>people still falling for the IQ test meme

Jesus Christ
>>
Everytime I take an IQ test the more I get convinced that they're not something to think too much of.

I've done a few, gotten between 130 and 140 each time.
Now in uni, I've failed multiple exams, and never gotten above C-grade.. Meanwhile, my classmates who'd rather discuss [celebrities/personal shit that nobody cares about/next phone branding etc.] other than [science/math/stuff that's actually interesting] seem to have an incredibly easy time scoring just C-grade. It makes me feel really dumb, and makes me doubt IQ-tests a lot.

I guess
>People with Aspergers Syndrome generally have a higher IQ
combined with
>ADD meme
isn't a good combination :<
>>
>>28673242
same but i dont have to try and justify myself by hanging onto some test scores
none of that means anything. you are not important. 4 new people get born a second, 350,000 a day.
you dont matter, and no one gives a fuck about your IQ score, or any other score for that matter, so relax your autism
>>
>>28673242
IQ means fuck all.
>>
>>28673242
>>28674771
> relax your autism

solid advice
>>
None of you are really smart unless you have high EQ also. IQ alone doesnt mean that you'll succeed - sure you have easier time working out complex math but you'll be completely clueless when it comes to people.
>>
>>28673425
>where undeveloped potential isn't valued
And rightly so
>>
>>28674837
>emotional/empathic intelligence being a real, objective component of intelligence
Lawl
>>
105. Which is possibly the lowest score on the internet.

Tested when I did conscription, by a real doctor.
>>
Fuck, it's been 10 years and you losers are still convincing yourselves that you're just misunderstood geniuses. Off yourself.

Take a real test and watch your score drop below 100, as it should be because you're a dumb worthless NEET.
>>
>>28674837
I just did a quick search:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/unique-everybody-else/201209/emotional-intelligence-not-relevant-psychopaths

There's other, perhaps more valid tests for emotionality and shit.
>>
>muh smart but lazy
Are there a more pathetic kind of person than these?
>>
>>28673242
You sound like a fucking loser, even if you we're scoring that high, you clearly spend it like a social retard and would be better off fucking killing yourself. Try getting a job and living in the real world faggot and see how fucked up it is, you just sit in a basement and waste space all day. Fucking worthless.
>>
>>28673242
Allbmy life i was classified as super intelligent: IQ 142, but I barely managed to finish my MSA and now am 20 and live alone without a job, friends, am a loser virgin and unly eat unhealthy shit... Why? Because being intelligent =/= being motivated or even able to work at all...
>>
>>28675074
oh look it's the resident angry normal scum
>>
>>28673242
What if I tell you they make those internet quizzes in order to draw you in to take their official, paid tests? You're probably dumb as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiYqVnX22fw
>>
>>28674936
If you're striving to be hermit, you're right but thing is you still live among other people. Take a good look at all these people with +130 iq, do they live better than those with big networks?
>>
>>28673242
>go take iq tests
>they're all just basic pattern recognition
>easily ace them because i'm not retarded
yeah i wouldn't get hung up on iq.
>>
>>28673242
>look look I'm an anecdotal exception this proves IQ is meaningless look!

It's THAT that makes you retarded, not your spending time on games.
>>
ITT: people who know jack shit about IQ and basic science disparage it authoritatively because the society feels deeply threatened by IQ's validity and sacrifices integrity for the sake of comfort.
>>
>>28676563
I think it's safe to say that if you have low iq you are irredeemably stupid, but if you have high iq it doesn't actually mean you are smart, just not stupid.
>>
>>28676578
>'mom mom iq doesn't guanratee success and also ima arbitrarily redefine intelligence from any sense that allows scientific prediction into vague, comforting, circular, unoperational shit like always behaving rationally or always knowing the right thing to do or wisdom which people'll like cause this way they can vacuously compliment any person, situation and behaviour as smart without once flirting with falsifiability'

You know what's tiring? You think your shit is hot, and I can't even muster the power to count the fallacies you would throw at me if I chose to reply to it any more.
>>
>>28676635
I don't think my shit is hot. That's the exact point I'm making with my post. I score above 130 but honestly don't think I'm that smart.
>>
>>28673242
>The only thing being "smart" has ever done for me, is I realise how fucked up the fucking world is.
>, is
>>
>>28676713
You seem a nice enough person, just ignorant, so I'll break my personal rule and link to a past post of mine: >>28653691.
>>
>>28676724
This is not a grammar mistake.

'The only thing that (x = has ever...) ...is.'

This is something particularly frustrating for intelligent people I imagine: being called (and as a result popularly believed) wrong because of unawareness of finer distinctions.
>>
>>28676733
I see what you're saying now. IQ is the best measure of intelligence we have, and I fully agree with that assertion.
>>
>>28673242
That IQ test is SEVERELY off, I got 113 on it and I'm black.

No really it actually is. I got my IQ tested by an actual psychologist and scored 94.
>>
>>28676733
>>28676713
Also, please be aware how intelligent people saying 'I'm not that smart' adds the insult to the injury of actually stupid/not smart people who are already crippled by it. 'What? I'm TOTALLY not smarter than you, I just remember stuff better and I'm quicker and I get things more easily, but I'm TOTALLY not that different from you!'.

>>28676777
Yes. Basically, people refuse to anchor discussion of intelligence in the empirical framework of pinpointing a trait and meaningfully relating it to future life outcomes, whence the proliferation of crappy, useless definitions of purported TRUE intelligence, that purporedly > IQ, such as 'true intelligence is actually ensuring that you succeed'. If a test cannot be devised for a definition (in fact, tests ARE definitions), then it's worthless -- people have a very hard time jumping this hurdle. They're attached to mushy definitions like 'intelligence is the ability to adapt'.
>>
>>28676839
>>28676777
..Although you might appreciate knowing that your post still betrays a remnant of, a yearning for, some 'true, optimal, ideal' definition of intelligence, which we 'still don't have'. You really should understand -- which EXTREMELY few people are willing to do -- that there is no 'perfect' intelligence that IQ 'should' or 'strives' to capture. IQ *is* the definition of intelligence by the virtue of its validity. It's already been done, settled. There is nothing 'truer' than it that eludes IQ. IQ has been located precisely at the point that it predictively captures most; it is meaningless to bring up any shortcoming of it. 'IQ doesn't correlate perfectly with linguistic ability?' Redefine it, and it no longer captures math and spatial ability as well because of the linguistic bias. And so on.
>>
>>28676932
(The reason that people posit some imaginary 'true intelligence' that IQ in some undefined fashion 'fails' to measure is, of course, to be able to connotatively claim that 'IQ is not everything'.)
>>
>>28676932
>'IQ doesn't correlate perfectly with linguistic ability?' Redefine it, and it no longer captures math and spatial ability as well because of the linguistic bias.

...And if you try to object to this by explicitly measuring every individual ability -- ability to run a business, fix a car, play an instrument, ... , so to claim that 'it's a better indicator of success in those than IQ', you're obviously losing predictive value.
>>
>>28673286
Are you me? I'm 99th percentile in a lot of things but those two things bring me down to 120.
>>
>>28676746
>This is not a grammar mistake

It is.
>>
>>28673242
>basing your worth on an online IQ test
are you INTJ?
>>
>>28673506
Autists score much higher on tests that are pure pattern recognition, so I assume there are a lot of people on the spectrum who post here who have inflated IQs because their pattern recognition is on autism steroids.
>>
>>28673765
Stacy has a great life so she's happy and able to concentrate and do her work because she has goals and believes she can achieve them.
>>
>>28677067
No it's not. There is no grammatical rule that the tense of the predicate of the relative clause must agree with the predicate of the main clause.
>>
>>28673242
>online tests
>not rigged to hell and back
I can guarantee your IQ is in the double digits since you feel for this shit.
>>
>>28677137
Very few people feel for IQ. Most of the time, they spit and shit on it relentlessly.
>>
>>28677101
I'm tired and not very well versed in grammatical lingo (at least not in English), and also not a native speaker, but are we talking about the same thing? I am talking about OP's redundant comma.
>>
>>28677216
Ah, well, punctuation is not really grammar. And still, OP's punctuation is still admissible. For instance, in my language, the word-for-word translation of it as 'jedyna rzecz bycie "madrym" ma kiedykolwiek zrobiona dla mnie, jest ja rozumiem...' is pretty acceptable. Punctuation is more conventional than grammar.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 285x279
>take online test
>get 130

Nah, this has to be bullshit. I guessed on a few too.
>>
>>28673568
>I have a hard time engaging in a conversation that actually interests me or being able to relate to anybody with an average to low iq.

Maybe because you're autistic? Lmao, people here are so delusional. stop feeling superior,unless you've contributed to science ,you aint worth shit.
>>
>>28677272
>And still, OP's punctuation is still admissible

I don't think so, I come from Germany, and I remember our teachers hammering it into our heads that you don't put a comma in front of an is (seeing as in German you have to put a comma behind every clause, both subordinate and main).
>>
>>28673242
>the only thing being "smart" has ever done for me, is I realise how fucked up the world is
Implying you have to be smart to realise it you fucking retard
>>
>>28677401
English and German have diffrent rules when it comes to the coma. That's why i don't use commas when i'm writing in English because i don't know the English rules yet.

I mean for example in German you often put a comma before "weil" but i don't see people doing it in English with "because" so i don't".
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.