[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here married? I don't believe in marriage but gf does.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 410x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 410x359
Who here married? I don't believe in marriage but gf does. Feel as if I am being forced to marry. Is married life good?
>>
Did you seriously think that making this thread on /r9k/ was a good idea?
>>
I mostly did it for the lulz hehe
>>
>>28580810
dont get married you'll just get divorce raped. Marriage is not a good deal in the 21st century it fuckign sucks for men and u should know this
>>
This bait is not very good.
>>
Think on it this way: if you get married, your choice of partner will determine 90% of your future life happiness.

The right person will be a great blessing, but the wrong person will be nothing but a curse.
>>
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 680x986) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266 KB, 680x986
>>28580810
Marriage life is good IF you find the right person. My friend's parents are like silly best friends even after being married for almost 30 years. They always hold hands and love each other a lot. It's cute and gives me hope
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>bf says he wants to marry me and have five kids
>>
File: 1462909350368.jpg (336 KB, 875x720) Image search: [Google]
1462909350368.jpg
336 KB, 875x720
>>28580810
this is me >>28581192 and honestly it's mostly alright so long as I don't piss her off. you need to find a girl with low self esteem but works a decent job and everything else works itself out.. at least in my case that is because now we're like siblings that live together and have no ambition to find anybody else.
>>
A wife is no different than a girlfriend, only thing is they can divorce you and fuck you over hard. Literally why would you ever get married?
>>
>>28580810
If it's a good relationship beforehand, yeah marriage is great.
>>
>>28580810
>>28580854
>>28580862
>>28582096
(You)
Is this what you're looking for?
>>
>>28582096
Legal rights, tax breaks, tradition, inheritance and maternity/paternity rights.

Just a few examples.
>>
>>28582155

What legal rights? I can give you the tax breaks thing, but it's nothing compared to when you get fucked over.
>>
>>28582165
Try getting a mortgage with a girlfriend (hint, you can't). Hospital visitation, insurance, transfer of property, your credit, Etc. All these things have options for spouses that do not exist otherwise.

And the stability that comes with marriage...that's something that is hard to overlook after a few years. But most of you guys here are too young to understand or appreciate that.
>>
>>28580810
careful. statistically, within 5 years of getting married, you're 80% likely to find yourself in court, your cheating wife crying, pointing at you and screaming "HE RAPED ME AND HE RAPED OUR CHILDREN!" within 10 years that probability climbs to 100%.
>>
>>28582271
[Citation Needed ]

Certified original content.
>>
>>28582363
you really need a citation for the claim that every single marriage in its first ten years features the wife formally accusing the husband of raping her and the children?
>>
File: Get Married LOL.png (227 KB, 826x1097) Image search: [Google]
Get Married LOL.png
227 KB, 826x1097
>>28582214

>mortgage

>letting a bank hold your house hostage

>2016

wew lad

Anyway, there's no benefit to marriage that can not be had with cohabitation.

Marriage is increasingly an unstable investment for men.

Married women report "dissatisfaction" far more often than unmarried cohabiting women do.

Married women are more likely to straight up divorce than work things out with their man. Unmarried cohabiting women are more likely to want to work things out than just outright end the relationship.

The simple fact is that marriage puts all the power in her hands, and gives her the ability to keep extracting your resources and support while she gives herself to a new man. In this way, marriage removes any outward incentive she would have to want to stick around and work on any problems there may be.
>>
>>28582568
>Wew Lad
Yeah, that's the quality of refutation I'd expect from someone who isn't even legal to drink (or probably smoke).
>>
>>28582399
that's a "1 in 4 girls are raped in college"-tier claim
>>
File: scared Conor.jpg (132 KB, 421x500) Image search: [Google]
scared Conor.jpg
132 KB, 421x500
>>28582851

Addressing two words and not the rest that calls you to defend your position tells me you're out of your depth...on a fuckin Vietnamese tapestry weaving forum.

Seems to me like you're in damage control and trying to backward-rationalize decisions you're now questioning.

Stay scared, cunt.
>>
>>28582888
so you're saying you don't believe that every man who gets married is accused in court of raping his wife and children. no exceptions, even in childless marriages.
wow you're pretty bitter and cynical, just believe it. why would i lie?
>>
Got married not three months ago, so she could fast track to citizenship.
>>
>>28583390

Samefag/poor troll who can't argue for shit.

Those are a few exceptionally horrific cases. The fact they're even legally possible is plain proof that the system is fucked.

Then there's the garden variety "you did everything right, but fuck you anyway, pay her alimony and/or child support so she can fuck the guy she's been cheating on you with in the house you're still paying for."

Either way, no point in marriage unless you're in some kind of archaic power-brokering Game of Thrones bullshit.
>>
>>28583698
no, no, you idiot. i am telling you that every husband, in his first ten years of marriage, is accused of raping his wife and children. every single one. that's why you never see older married couples. how are you not getting this?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.