[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fastest threads on /r9k/ are the ones people complain about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1448419943810.jpg (232 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448419943810.jpg
232 KB, 900x1200
The fastest threads on /r9k/ are the ones people complain about the most (bait generally, especially racebait and fembot feels). Nearly identical threads are reposted everyday and people here continually reply to them. Reporting can help, but moderation here is almost nonexistent. You can do two things to meaningfully benefit /r9k/:

First, most importantly, browse the back of the catalog and save good threads. If something is on page 8 or later it's probably going to die, especially if it doesn't have many replies. If you see a thread where people are posting greentext stories, or where the OP is interesting, or where any particular effort was exerted in creating it, bump it when it's at the back of the catalog. You don't have to write something interesting or important, even just mashing on your keyboard to generate nonsense and then deleting your post after you make it will help a lot. Do not be shy, bump good threads.

Second, stop going into bad threads. Just filter them. The dumbest thing you can do is post a roulette in a thread you don't like to spam it, as they keep the threads on autobump and the spam can easily be hidden just by hiding the roulette. If you're reading this post you haven't filtered OPs with the word "fembot", and you should. Even if you sage, contributing to flame wars encourages other people to post, and they probably aren't saging. If you don't like a thread don't enter it to bitch about it, ignore it.
>>
>man what's with all these shitty threads?
>I know, I'll make a shitty thread complaining about shitty threads

Meta shitty threads are still shitty threads.
>>
>>28311442
I agree but stuff like >>28308943 completely disgusts me, especially when it's somewhat rare for a good thread to crack fifty replies. If a handful of people spend a little bit of time at the back of the catalog /r9k/ will improve substantially.
>>
I'm not going to phonepost to pretend I didn't bump my thread here.
>>
4chan is a democracy. If you don't like what's popular then leave.
>>
>>28312645
4chan is not a democracy, because a minority can easily keep largely unpopular threads on the first page by replying a lot or circlejerking, and many of the people replying to fembot feel threads or cuck threads are people who hate them and want them to die off. 4chan rewards threads with high post frequency that are not deleted by the mods, and post frequency does not equal quality or popularity.
>>
>>28311442
Fuck off, you cancerous faggot.

OP, this is a good thread. I hadn't filtered anything other than tripfags, but I'll go filter "fembot" right now, along with "BRAAAP," "Skype," "my gf," and "tfw no bf." I'm very excited to see the sharp increase in quality. Thank you very much for attempting to help purge the filth from this once great place. A lot of Redditors and normies have flooded this place and the best way to deal with them, short of banning them, is to simply deny them the attention they so crave.
>>
>>28312821
>BRAAAP
This is difficult to filter because there is a variable number of letters used. The best way to filter it, in my experience, is actually to filter the word "anon". Filtering anon gets rid of a lot of threads where people roleplay as women talking to you, such as
>BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP oh i didn't see you anon, come over here and get a whiff of this masterpiece
>I'm so glad you don't care about my past anon!
>This ice cream you bought me tastes great anon! You're such a great friend!
Use it for OPs only. You'll lose some decent threads but it's worth it in my opinion.
>>
haha... bump... haha
>>
Have a bump OP. I agree with what you said.
>>
File: JaquesCookStaunton.jpg (21 KB, 737x335) Image search: [Google]
JaquesCookStaunton.jpg
21 KB, 737x335
based OP

sick off these shitty trap threads, bait threads, shitting up r9k and good threads and people get ignored
>>
>>28311413
>stop going into bad threads.Just filter them.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE TRIPFAG!

im hiding this thread after i this is posted
>>
>>28311442
Shut the fuck up you whiny baby boy.
>>
The real cancer killing /r9k/ is tripfaggotry and you're a part of it.
>>
>>28315047
If you hate a tripfag the dumbest thing you can do is try to bully them into anonymity. Just filter them and you can ignore everything they say. Feel free to filter me.
>>
One more bump and I'm out
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.