[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's your job search going?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 18
File: angry.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
How's your job search going?
>>
Hahaha job search? Are you kidding? It's too late for that. I do what it takes to get my paper, but I will never work a day job.
>>
File: 1456645800530.jpg (201 KB, 357x575) Image search: [Google]
1456645800530.jpg
201 KB, 357x575
"oh, it's going. heh"
>>
>>27827237
Found one. Interview seemed to go well. It's only 3 days a week for about 5 hours a shift. 12 bucks an hour. I'm pretty happy desu. Call me a filthy wagie, idgaf
>>
I've got the best one, triggering you retarded normies with my satanic Meme Magick
>>
I have a good job but am depressed and have no motivation. I dread going to work tomorrow.
>>
>>27827291
wat job
>>
Haven't started yet. Maybe next week
>>
>>27827338
fuckin janitor m8

Best robot job though desu. I can go in practically whenever I want after closing. No dealing with people. I listen to music or a podcast, do my thing, peace out.
>>
>>27827237
it's not going at all
>>
>>27827359
nice

janitor is pretty comfy despite what people say 2bh
>>
It's going like shit, I've applied to 4 places so far and nothing yet. Hopefully I find something before summer starts
>>
>>27827359
That actually sounds nice. I worked as a daytime janitor for a couple summers and it was fucking miserable mostly because I had to deal with customers all the fucking time and worry about them trying to talk to me
>>
>>27827291

Probably a long shot but you never know... any Law enforcement officer robots?

Doubt it but just curious...

Its sounds like a shit job at first but...

1. Women get wet for police.
2. You get paid to be a fuckin' hero.
3. Working with people daily will make you less of a fuckin' loser.
4. And you get to drive around with a massive cock and people have to listen to what you say or get fucked m8.

I'm a robot on the inside and a chad on the outside and i'm considering a profession in this field.

Any 1 else m8? or am i alone here...
>>
>>27827492
You're the exact fucking reason why people hate police m8
>>
File: 1406786369848.jpg (111 KB, 759x1092) Image search: [Google]
1406786369848.jpg
111 KB, 759x1092
>be white
>apply for 5 security jobs
>get 6 job offers
>get paid to shitpost on 4chan 97% of the time

it went well
>>
>>27827522

lmao explain bro

as long as you don't do anything illegal or wrong i don't get it.
>>
>apply to Walmart
>get rejected after two interviews
>>
Been applying to jobs solely in the city I plan on moving to in a couple months. Just rejections so far.
Regardless I have $10,000 saved up and am moving even if I don't have a job because I can't take living with my parents in my home town anymore.
>>
>>27827555
>you get to drive around with a massive cock and people have to to what you say

Robots should not be fiddling around with guns or dealing with people. I've luckily known quite a few good cops in my life and all would be extremely put off by your skewed vision and attitude. You sound like someone who is finding a poor way (abusing the badge) to get over some inferiority complex.
>>
>>27827636

okay i lied im not a robot i just wanted to fit in with a bunch of losers

">you get to drive around with a massive cock and people have to to what you say"

this isn't wrong though

police are above the law and you have to listen to what they say or you can get arrested

"You sound like someone who is finding a poor way (abusing the badge) to get over some inferiority complex."

again, i never implied or said i would do anything illegal or wrong or abuse people in any way shape or form

you assumed this and it sounds like it comes from a deep hatred of police and perhaps your skewed world view due to be a sheltered individual that lives with mommy and daddy still

i think we're done broski
>>
>>27827555
When people have respect for what you do and you just abuse it for superficial reasons like that it's pretty fucked up.
I have people thank me for what I do it honestly makes me feel really unworthy of praise but it's cool to hear people have gratitude for someone willing to do it. Would you really feel like a hero if you are responsible for a fuck up and let people down or worse?
>>
>>27827701
>a deep hatred of police and

Nah I just said I've known quite a few good cops in my life. I like law enforcement as a whole and hate the few outliers who are interested in it as an ego stroke rather than doing an actual service. You sound like you're trolling though. If not then enjoy being a cop and having to work shitty beats, working through red tape, being a subordinate to a bureaucratic hierarchy that has no concern for "heroes". All this to say that it's not a knock against the police, it's a knock against your delusions...broski
>>
File: 1437164656934.png (443 KB, 583x642) Image search: [Google]
1437164656934.png
443 KB, 583x642
>Wageslaved all through college
>Finally got a decent job
>Starting to go back to all my bros and chill friends that worked awful jobs and offering them a full job with benefits, actual livable salary and much more flexible scheduling

If you haven't helped your fellow robots escape wageslaving you are fucking terrible.
>>
File: 1372212714113.gif (16 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1372212714113.gif
16 KB, 633x758
>>27782894

Reading this yesterday hit me hard in the feels.
>>
File: 1454571414402.jpg (85 KB, 530x504) Image search: [Google]
1454571414402.jpg
85 KB, 530x504
>sent out dozens of resumes to Craigslist jobs postings over the weekend
>got a call from one of them today
>it's a law firm looking for a medical records clerk that pays $16 an hour
>they want me to come in for an interview tomorrow

Is this making it, bros?
>>
Not really trying, honestly. Just want that gov't money
>>
File: 1409494280459.jpg (145 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
1409494280459.jpg
145 KB, 1024x819
APPLYONIG EVERY FCIGUODUSGHSDFUIGSDHFIUSDGASDFILUS FUCKING DAY NO FUCKING ASDASOIHFASD

IM FUCKINJG STICK OF APPLYING EVERYWHERE

FUCK MY SHITTY LITTLE CITY FUCK NOT HAVING A CARR I NEED A JOBBBBBBBBBBBBBB I CANT GET NEET BUX HIRE ME NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>27827492

I want to get into law enforcement but I don't have the education, references, or experience. I don't care about the power aspect, I just like helping people and idealistic shit like that. I understand that might change once I've been working as a cop for a while, though. Not like it matters anyway because I won't ever be one anyway.
>>
File: 1459294927660.jpg (132 KB, 816x812) Image search: [Google]
1459294927660.jpg
132 KB, 816x812
>search Craigslist
>good sales job far away from where I live
>"MAKE $22 AN HOUR, TRAINING PAID!" almost every line

I WANT MY FUCKING LES PAUL SPECIAL II AND MY OWN TENDIES, WHY THE FUCK IS THIS SO HARD??
>>
>apply for dishwashing position
>get rejected
>"Sorry, but we're looking for someone with more experience "
>fucking dishwashing

Life is a mistake
>>
File: tfw shit tier city.png (38 KB, 544x416) Image search: [Google]
tfw shit tier city.png
38 KB, 544x416
>>27829925
rhfam
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 208x243
>3 Years or more of experience
>Forklift experience/tickets required
>Boiler tickets required
>Post Secondary education preferred
mfw i have no chance
mfw i don't care
mfw back is all fucked up
mfw i might get lucky and escape wageslaving
>>
>>27830016
tippity toppity teppity kek
>>
>>27829842
>"MAKE $22 AN HOUR, TRAINING PAID!" almost every line

There's always a catch with those I bet
>>
>>27830016
>Must be well groomed with a clean and professional appearance

even funnier line desu
>>
File: janitor job requirements.jpg (87 KB, 665x303) Image search: [Google]
janitor job requirements.jpg
87 KB, 665x303
>>27830016
post hilarious requirements
>>
>warehouse job
> $16 an hour
>10 hour shifts 4x a week
>day goes by fast
>paid breaks and lunch
>barely any talking so robot tier

Living the dream robots
>>
File: 1460442086453.png (28 KB, 240x221) Image search: [Google]
1460442086453.png
28 KB, 240x221
>>27830225
I almost fell for it one time and I googled the company and found out I would be selling knives to companies nationally. Fuck that, I'd rather work at Walmart

I did get a good job from CL but it was a temp job. Made $300 in 5 days working warehouse labor for 8 hours. We got pizza for lunch so that was good
>>
>>27827237
>older sister knows people who are opening coffee shop
>told them I'd be interested in working there
>she said I have "experience" (I briefly watched an espresso machine demo our manager performed at my last job over a year ago)
>going into this job pretty much clueless
>wondering how I'm going to deal with hoards of impatient SWPLs and state workers harassing me to hurry up on their drinks

O-oh well, at least it'll build character or something heheh...
>>
>rent due in a week
>no money
>just signing up for job search bucks now (NZ)
>tried for jobs but no results
>will be forced to step up my game now
>will probably be weeks before I get my neetbucks
>no idea what to do about rent
>>
>>27830225
Yeah, you have to be good at sales.
I'd rather clean porta potties for a living.
>>
Yesterday, I woke up, had nothing I wanted to do, and scraped up a bunch of craiglist listings I was qualified for in preparation of drafting and sending resumes. I got a headache partway through so I didn't get all the recent listings, though.
Today I woke up and have been miserable lonely and in pain all day so I haven't done shit. Things got better an hour or so ago but I'm just taking the time to recover instead of attending to the job search again.

This always happens.
>>
File: 1439041888546.jpg (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1439041888546.jpg
80 KB, 500x500
>>27829925
>see beekeeping position online
>required: 2 years of beekeeping experience
HOW IN THE FUCK

AM I SUPPOSED TO GET BEEKEEPING EXPERIENCE

WHEN THIS IS THE ONLY BEEKEEPERY IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING COUNTY
>>
>>27830407
I started work at a coffee shop last fall and I had about the same amount of experience as you. Chances are they will have directions on how to make each drink written down.
Once you understand how to make espresso and steam milk it's all just a matter of knowing the different flavors to pump the coffee full of.
It's very easy to learn fast, how do you think so many women work at coffee shops?
>>
File: just why.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
just why.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience
>repeat times infinity
who fucking thought of this"experience" shit for small jobs? people do small jobs specifically to get experience, with a small bit of pay... then apply to bigger jobs and what not.
>>
Really fucking shitty because I dont have a license and smoke hella weed. Also I hate that every thing is online now. I miss being able to go to a store and them actually having an paper app I could just fill out in 5mins then leave. Some still do but most places you walk in and they tell you 'well if you just go to our website -' and blah blah blah. Fuck that. I missed an interview because I didnt check my email because I dont fucking care about my email and bareoy ever go on there so after I apply to a place Im thinking theyll just call or Ill call thek but NO i get on and see I had an interview scheduled for TWO FUCKING DAYS AGO why do they do this? I put that I prefer to be contacted by phone but they still do it
>>
working for my dad. oh god it's hellish, but at least he pays good and buys me lunches.
>>
>>27829925
i bet you have lily white hands
>>
File: 1 feeel.png (46 KB, 253x294) Image search: [Google]
1 feeel.png
46 KB, 253x294
>>27827857
why does if have to be like this? Why?
>>
>>27827572
Did you apply online in order to find out which positions were available?
>>
File: ak4P8gq.png (708 KB, 1916x714) Image search: [Google]
ak4P8gq.png
708 KB, 1916x714
>Parents ask me this every day super sarcastically at dinner
>Get super tired of this and how awkward it makes dinner with my family
>End up just eating out by myself followed by hiding out in the local theatre
The sad part is only have so much money. Sooner or later I'm going to run out, and have to spend my day hanging out in my library...after paying the couple thousand fine I have for overdue books.
>>
File: 1438976460539.jpg (164 KB, 1429x1000) Image search: [Google]
1438976460539.jpg
164 KB, 1429x1000
>starting to have second thoughts about showing up to the interview tomorrow
>>
File: feel3.jpg (60 KB, 1167x879) Image search: [Google]
feel3.jpg
60 KB, 1167x879
>>27827857

Anyone else thinks this is a bit fucked up?

I assume the guy didn't have a very good relationship with their parents

My big bro lived here until he was 28, my parents never really cared, once he finished college he stayed neet for a year, then married a qt girl and now has a house and sells anime figures for a living, that sounds good to me.

when i was 19 (20 now) i stayed neet for 10 months, during this time i told my parent that i was going through some very weird emotions, i lifted for a year and went from 256 to 185.

Today i feel much better and actually have a pretty decent office job.

I'm just happy i'm able to actually feel like i have a family that cares about me i guess, if i spent 1 night on the streets my mod would probably have a heart attack.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.