[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here 25+? >be 25 >graduated 4 months ago but can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: 1458050873629.jpg (57 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1458050873629.jpg
57 KB, 550x366
Who here 25+?

>be 25
>graduated 4 months ago but can't get a job
>no motivation to write more applications
>no friends
>quarter life crisis and no meaning, feel like im wasting away my life
>stuck in a rut of getting up and looking at chans
>seems impossible to leave the rut, feels like it's too late to try
>given up on my goal to be a successful chad up in the corporate hierarchy
>>
>>27712515
get a job as a cashier, clerk or security like everyone else already
>>
i'm 25
just keep it up
i did, shitposting resumes and eventually i found a job

just keep it up
persistence is the key
also, get a shit job too.
>>
>>27712515
>call it quarter life
>it's really more like 1/3

thanks for making me realize how short life is
>>
>>27712621

>spent 4 years doing a degree
>tells me to be a cashier

I'm way over qualified
>>
>>27712654

I know it's more like a 1/3 life crisis but the official name is quarter life crisis.

Just like mid life crisis is more like...2/3 life crisis.
>>
>>27712713
no you aren't
you gotta realize that sooner or later
>>
>>27712796

I don't know what degree you got...but mine was actually useful. So no.
>>
>turning 30 in a few weeks
>successful at work
>escaped moms basement 7 years ago and never going back
>spent my late 20s studying, exercising, and working hard (self improvement meme is real)
>finishing up my second degree soon to change fields. Also have a 3.7 gpa compared to my 2.8 from first time.
>trying to figure out how to propose to my gf
>going hiking with her this weekend. Dunno if we'll be too tired to bang after.
>trying to eat right but failing these days.
>possibly alcoholic?

All in all, I'm in a much better place than I was at <25. Feels good.
>>
>>27713020
If it were useful, you would be working in the field already.

>>27713170
Propose to her in public. Its a wonderful idea for sure.
>>
>>27713170
how did you escape the basement?
>>
>>27712515
>25
>graduated in December
>going back to school in August for M.A.
>all I've done for the last three months, and will do for the next four, is sit on my NEET ass and play vidya
>>
26. was a super super senior and got bachelors age 24. i work at a uni doing some programming stuff. life is pretty messed up though. suicide happened last year in senpai
>>
>>27712742
Nah, mid-life crisises are mid-life crisises. Most people die around 80.
>>
31 years old here, 32 this year. I still live with my parents, computer tec, never be in a long relationship, poor and sad. Bye.
>>
>25
>NEET
>still have bad acne
>have body odor
>have yellow teeth
>shower twice daily and brush my teeth 4 to 5 times daily for about 6 weeks
>cut out sugary food and drinks, drink only water and orange juice and have peanut butter on toast for breakfast for the same time period
>still have bad acne
>still have yellow teeth
>still have body odor
I'm contemplating just ending it all. It's probably for the better.
>>
File: beautiful long hari.png (545 KB, 777x574) Image search: [Google]
beautiful long hari.png
545 KB, 777x574
>>27712515
I'm 30.

>still live at home
>college dropout
>fire from slavewage job that I worked at for nearly 10 years
>NEET for two years
>older sister has two kids that I ignore
>getting fat
>balding
>no friends
>6 years since I've been with a girl
>got to bed around 4 and wake up at 2
>chan and vidya and anime all day
>didn't go to the doctor's in about 10 years
>didn't go to the dentist in even longer

but I'm actually in a better place mentally than I was when I was 25. 25 is such a meme year with the quarter life crisis thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ShdwNSqrs

I also finally figured out what I want to do in life, and have been breaking bad habits and getting into good ones.
>>
>>27713891
You're drying out your skin and wearing out your teeth enamel senpai, not sure what's up with your BO though.
>>
>>27712515
>26
>Still in college
>No job experience
>Living with mom's allowance
I'm such a piece of shit. It's getting hard to look in my mother's eyes with all this guilt building up.
>>
32 yrs old. Was in great shape in my early 20s, then lost it when I atarted working a lot. Been working hard to get in shape again the past few years. It's really been paying off and I feel like im winding back the clock. Also ive been using rogaine every day to keep my hair. Looks decent now.

My career has been great for the past four years or so, but prior to that I was heavy in debt. I worked hard to het in the posotive but now have a house to show for it.

Properly focused work pays off, friends.
>>
I'll be 26 on April 14th senpai, how's shit going for you guys?

>another year until I can finish my BS in Electrical Engineering senpai
>tutor regularly
>only friends are spergs
>only passing classes because they are terribly dumbed down grade-wise and are pretty easy this semester
>took three years and a summer for my AS, BS is taking normal time
>I should have a car soon, which will probably instantly elevate my status to "fuckable"
>if I can get a summer internship/job, women will probably be throwing themselves at me for my money
It's ridiculous how shallow people are.
>>
>>27713992
What do you think you wanna do in life senpai?
>>
29 here.

I'm just tired honestly. I have been depressed for so long that I am just emotionally exausted from living. My family is starting to die off, my Parents' health is deteriorating and here I am alone and the same as I was 20 years ago, although older now.

I guess its not all that bad because I dont care anymore. I used to have no gf feels and loneliness but now I am just empty and dead inside.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 240x212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 240x212
>30
>300 something pounds
>balding
>no job
>no friends
>4 inch penis
>virgin
>live with grandmother
>do yard work and dishes for small amount of money from my grandma that I spend on vidya and fast food

My life is fucking over
>>
File: 1wut.png (383 KB, 413x414) Image search: [Google]
1wut.png
383 KB, 413x414
>tfw going to be 26
>tfw haven't gotten a boner in days
>didn't fap in 6 days, no nofap just don't feel the urge
>feel more happy than usual
is my sex drive dropping off this fast?
>>
File: 1429432712394.gif (510 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
1429432712394.gif
510 KB, 700x827
>finally graduate from college at 25
>I'm shit at math so STEM was never an option
>no clue what I want to do in life so I just went with history because I enjoy it
>after graduating I realize I would like to manage parks for my city's Parks and Recreation department
>need to have a relevant degree (yes there are degrees like "park and recreation management) to get your foot in the door

It's an awful feel realizing what you want to do is gated behind education after spending seven years getting a worthless degree. The idea of going back to school makes me nauseous while the prospect of wagecucking for the rest of my life doing something I hate makes me suicidal.
>>
>>27714244
Hey, I'm 29, too, and I can relate with

>I'm just tired

Though, it's more of a physical tiredness.

I don't feel depressed or lonely and I'd rather be alone.

But, whatever -- life's a bore.
>>
File: motherfucker_mike.jpg (55 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
motherfucker_mike.jpg
55 KB, 512x512
>>27714284
Have a fap right now for really really big cummies. Make sure to edge for at least 2 hours.
>>
>>27714284
Use it or lose it bruh. Im in my 30s and I still fap at least 2x a day. I may stop fapping if I get laid. But last sunday I fapped 3x and still was able to fuck my wife after. some days ill still go on a 6x fap binge. Feels amazing man.
>>
File: JustMe.jpg (80 KB, 407x391) Image search: [Google]
JustMe.jpg
80 KB, 407x391
>>27712515
I'm 48, and have no money, no mortgage, no investments, no car, all my possessions can fit in a backpack. I live in a bare, unfinished, concrete basement in a century-old factory which was abandoned for over a decade. I have no fridge, no stove, and have to take sponge baths in the sink because there's no shower.

And my life is awesome.

See, rather than mope around in self-pity, I never let my robotdom hold me back. I've had a full and exciting and entirely untraditional life. I've hosted two radio shows, run for public office, founded my own NGO, been professionally published as a fiction writer, and have a Wikipedia article written about me. If you people would stop feeling sorry for yourselves and throw yourselves into life, start taking risks and not worrying what people think of you, you too could have an amazing and full life. No, you will never have the wife and kids and suburban bungalow and two-year-old SUV in the driveway, but, frankly, who the fuck wants that shit anyway?

Fly your freak flag high and proud, robots, and let the haters hate.

Pic related: me.
>>
>>27714722
Hey man. How do you get money for food and stuff? Where do you take your shits
>>
>>27712621
tfw autistic landwhale so neither of these would accept me
>>
>>27714745
There's a small bathroom here with a toilet and sink. And I do tarot readings on a little folding table on the street for cash. I've encouraged robots here to take up busking many times here, and I am completely ignored every time. Busking is the ideal robot occupation: you get out of the house and into the open air, you get to meet people in a non-threatening way, and you make untraceable cash money while performing a useful function by entertaining people. Everyone can do *something*. I do tarot, but you can play an instrument, juggle, sing, clown, mime, or even just cover yourself in grey paint and stand perfectly still for hours as a living statue.
>>
>>27713170
you don't unless you wanna get divorce raped in less than a decade and lose everything you've worked for...
>>
>>27714830
>Busking is the ideal robot occupation: you get out of the house and into the open air, you get to meet people in a non-threatening way, and you make untraceable cash money while performing a useful function by entertaining people.
Too bad you get arrested in about 5 minutes without a license, at least where I live.
>>
>>27714830
That's very cool, thanks for sharing. I am going to have to find something unique that I can do because I know I'm going to be homeless sometime this year and will have to busk for money. Panhandling is lame and degrading IMO.
>>
>>27714907
There's still ways to do it. For instance, in cold and rainy weather, I do my tarot readings in bars. There's a handful of trendy bars who like having me there, and allow me to set up a little candle and sign and do readings. I can pull in $200 on a busy Saturday night, though the average is more like $80.
>>
>>27714967
Nice, that's the monthly salary in my country.
>>
>>27714940
Maybe I can help. What do you enjoy doing? What are you good at doing? If you're creative, you can make money doing almost anything. There was a guy here who made a sort of desk which hung around his shoulders with a small manual typewriter, and he'd go around composing original poems on the spot for $10 a pop on whatever theme people wanted. Tourists loved him. He'd type up the poem, then sign it, and they'd have a unique, personalized souvenier.
>>
>23
>no schooling
>no social life
>Fat
>autistic
>virgin
>depressed

At least I have a job and a place to live.
>>
>>27714762
>be autistic landwhale
>get job in security
believe me senpai, they will hire literally anybody.
>>
>>27714210
Music production.

Music was the one thing to keep me going since I was like 14, it's been under my nose all this time idk how I never figured it out until now.

Probably because of too much bullshit in my life.
>>
>>27712515
>25
>live with parents
>dead end job
>only one friend
>quarter life crisis and no meaning, feel like im wasting away my life
>stuck in a rut of getting up and looking at chans
>seems impossible to leave the rut, feels like it's too late to try
>thinking about joining the army or interning at the sheriffs department
>>
>>27714722
You're that faggot who lobbies for panhandlers and other human excrement, right?
>tfw you go for a walk and see a panhandler near parliament get arrested for being poor
>>
File: Edgesofthelorddvd.jpg (25 KB, 220x314) Image search: [Google]
Edgesofthelorddvd.jpg
25 KB, 220x314
>>27715961
/pol/ is thataway, friendo. And let daddy have his laptop back, it's time for bed.
>>
>>27715927
I joined the military at 24, it's no picnic but it is mostly a fresh start. I still have no gf and wish I had done more with my life, but it could be worse. If you are truly at the end of your chain I would recommend you to try the Navy or Coast Guard. Life on a ship is appropriately robotic and isolates you from society. Could do worse desu senpai.
>>
>>27716174
I knew a guy who did 6 months on the DEW line and made enough money he could take the next two years off. You're completely isolated with nothing to do but play vidya and read books, so you get danger pay and hardship pay along with a salary which is essentially paying you for 24/7 work while supplying you with free food and shelter. So few people are capable of being isolated for so long that they bribe people with colossal amounts of money to do it.

The only restrictions are, like people who work in Antarctica, they won't take you if you have underlying medical conditions or you haven't had your appendix out since any kind of medical emergency is a death sentence.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 180x182) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 180x182
19 year old here, I don't understand you old faggots still on this website, don't you know this website is mostly for people in their late teens/ early twenties? You guys are like those creepy middle aged men who play in Yugioh tournaments against little kids. If I am still on this board in 6 years I fully plan on acknowledging that I have failed in life and killing myself rather than continue as some old loser.
>>
>>27714255
What the fuck. What the fuck.

Wow. I'm sorry.
>>
>>27716352
Joke's on you bud when I was your age I wasn't dicking around on a chinese cartoon website, I was doing drugs and getting drunk and going to parties and dating girls and then cheating on those girls and almost immediately feeling bad about it and swearing to never do it again.

You're wasting the best years of your life, looking at pictures of cartoon frogs pooing in the mouth of a sad cartoon man. What are YOU doing here?
>>
26fag here. I honestly feel way better than I ever remember. I'm finally old enough to give up on my unrealistic ambitions and actually do the things I enjoy.
>>
>>27716352
you're gonna learn the hard way, anon-kun
>>
>>27716259
Sounds nice.

Is there something like that on land? I have problems with open water.
>>
>>27716457
ok whatever grandpa, you know it's creepy that you hang out on a website meant for kids right? If you are such a normie why are YOU even here?
>>
>>27713874
ey bro I'm in the same situation except I'm 19
I know your struggle man, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Just power through the shit man
>>
File: pepe417.jpg (18 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
pepe417.jpg
18 KB, 400x386
>>27716352
>>27716531

you young whippersnapper normies are trying to take our website away. gtfo reee
>>
>>27716531
I said "was", was doing drugs and dating underage girls and all that.

Now that I got that out of my system (and also gave up on life) I'm just sitting here watching anime and shitposting with memes. Basically what almost everyone else is doing here except they're wasting their youth and I didn't :^).
>>
>>27716518
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distant_Early_Warning_Line

The DEW line *was* on land. Apparently it no longer exists, but I'm sure they have the equivalent if you look for it. For example, I knew a guy who made a shit-tonne of money as a field engineer in the oil patch in places like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. He'd work 16 hour days for a few months out in the desert, risking death from heat, snakebite, and Bedouin bandits, and then he'd made enough money to take the next year or two off.
>>
File: 1355086478439.jpg (52 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
1355086478439.jpg
52 KB, 333x333
>See this thread after midnight
>Want to post in it
>Have to go to sleep instead because I need to work tomorrow morning so I can continue eating
>>
>>27712515
christ, I turn 25 in 2 years

I still feel like, and have the achievements of a 16 year old
>>
File: 1382748155907.jpg (22 KB, 497x518) Image search: [Google]
1382748155907.jpg
22 KB, 497x518
>>27714255
That is the realest reaction image
>>
>>27716649
same phamu
>>
File: oldfagnewfagcards.jpg (44 KB, 523x375) Image search: [Google]
oldfagnewfagcards.jpg
44 KB, 523x375
>>27716531
This website wasn't "meant for kids." You're cancer. Come sit on daddy's knee and I'll tell you a story.

Once upon a time there was a website which attracted genuine subversives: anarchists, paedophiles, black hat hackers, activists, and all manner of sociopaths and shit-disturbers. These people turned into Anonymous and made some very serious men in dark suits and Gargoyle shades very angry. These very serious men made it known to m00t that he could either nerf his subversive website into the text equivalent of Habbo Hotel or he could get all his servers seized by the NSA and spend some quality time in Gitmo. And because m00tiekins had the spine of a jellyfish, he kicked out the subversives and opened the door to you brainless little teenyboppers to keep the ad revenue rolling in.

So we're not trespassing on your website, you sunken-headed twerp, YOU are squatting on OURS.
>>
>>27712515
>25
>STEM-fag
>Never went to college, Cert chasing, got lucky
>Live with friends but stay in room all the time for /a/ and /v/
>No idea what I'm gonna do next
>No idea what'll make me happy.
>>
>>27716352
You should probably just kill yourself now you normie faggot.
>>
>>27716715
how old are oldfags?

I started posting in 2010, but still feel like that awkward faggot nobody replies to
>>
I was 27 when I found out about this place.
All of you kids in their teens and early 20s are lucky. It was already too late for me.
>>
>>27714255
>22
>all my grandparents are dead
also a virgin and i'm afraid i'm balding. But I have a job, friends and a 6.5inch dick. I guess yuo win some and you lose some
>>
>>27716762
That's how you should always feel anon. 2006 here.

You can always Lurk Moar.
>>
>>27716762
Average age in r9k amonsgt the Gentleman Sirs before the Interregnum was probably late 20s, early 30s, but there were a sizable number of older people too.
>>
I'm only 22 but have 6 grand in debt

and it's not even real debt it's just what I would have to pay to get my teeth fixed if I ever do

help
>>
>>27714403
Get into the park services, history can easily be applicable. I'm about to graduate with a similar degree museum studies, but i'm going into gradschool instead of the park services. You wouldn't be managing but you're probably shit at it anyway. You would be using your history degree though.
>>
>>27712515

>27
>khv
>life of misery
>starting college was a mistake
>2 years in
>failing my major
>still working soul crushing blue collar
>barely $12/hr
>literally no better pay anywhere near here

I'm on my way out the door, folks.

I'm tired of this shitty grind. Life doesn't get better. Everyone lied about everything. Life doesn't get better. Hard work is bullshit and unrewarding. There's nothing but a shitty endless grind. Spend 70 hours a week working and getting ready for work just so I have a place to sleep when I'm not working. Between work and school, I'm out at 10am and home by 1am or later.

I'm out.
>>
The bad
>28
>5'10"
>A little over 200 pounds
>Haven't had sex in half a decade, probably won't have sex again
>Friends all called me either pathetic or disloyal and abandoned me
>Bad hairline
>Life is work, sleep, eat, masturbate
>I have screwed over every person who was ever good to me and I genuinely deserve my place in life
>Hair thinning
>Boring
The good
>Moved out of my parents' place
>Have a lot of vidya/anime/movies to distract me
>Have one full-time job
>No student debt (Anyone who ends up in never-ending debt is fucking stupid)
>Not paying alimony
>Mai waifu pic related
>Learning guitar with my new Les Paul
>Improving my non-existent painting skills
>7 inch penis
>Lifting for fun
>>
>>27714284
Na im 26 too i fap like once a month now
>>
File: 1321711798351.jpg (8 KB, 251x216) Image search: [Google]
1321711798351.jpg
8 KB, 251x216
>>27716792
>>27714255

>pic related, because i would rather hide behind this image than acknowledge my fucked reality
>>
>>27716586
we need more guys like you, regardless of age, and less guys like the 15 year old edgy kid that you're replying to.
Seriously, you make 4chan a better place. You're free to stay here as long as you like.
>>
>>27716997
the meaning of life is blockatiel?
>>
>>27717151
well, it's better than the alternative!
>>
>>27716905
Life is a curse, not a gift. You get 18 years of freedom, then you spend the rest of your life slaving away 7-10 hours a day, and getting very little time to enjoy being alive because you're spending all your time slaving away for some fatcat CEO in an office chair for worthless green paper. If you manage to live to retirement age, hooray! You get a good 5-10 years of freedom before you drop over dead.

Fuck this life.
>>
Get some Ritalin or Amps and pull your shit together.

I was you with EXACTLY THE SAME FEELINGS seven years ago.

I fucked around and now I'm 32 and just in a worse position.

I hate doctors and didn't get meds. Fuck SSRIs, but there are other brain-altering chems that actually knock your head around that might be good.

Wellbutrin, Ritalin, etc.
>>
>>27717455

Exactly.

The worst part is that I've talked to older people. There was a time when companies gave a shit about their employees and everyone worked for everyone. People were proud of their work who they worked for.

Now, everyone is just a number in a spreadsheet. No one cares. People get fired or otherwise forced out because they're making too much and CEOs want to hire someone for as little as possible. Those people get hired on as temps, worked to the bone with promises that they'll get hired, then drop them as soon as possible.

I've seen it all happen. I'm part of that shitty system. I was a temp for 7 months before I was hired, and I had to fight for $12/hr because they wanted to give me jack shit. I worked a year of pure shit and got a $.12 cost of living raise, but I was promised about 7 raises throughout that year.

Life isn't worth it.

Every day, I'm closer to pulling the trigger. It's just sitting there in my night stand.
>>
>>27712515

I'm 28.

>quit my retail slave job a little over a month ago
>haven't bothered to fill out a single application
>just been playing skyrim and rocket league all day for weeks
>keep smoking pot even though I need to find a job
>more socially awkward now than when I was in high school
>been depressed since I was 23
>spent a lot of time when I was 25 getting in shape and eating healthy but can't seem to summon the willpower to get back to it
>Used to be good at guitar, but years of barely playing have turned my skills to shit.

I'm a fucking loser and I hate myself.
>>
File: 1460067746032.gif (948 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1460067746032.gif
948 KB, 500x370
No words can ever express how bad it feels to lose the human race
>>
>fap on Monday
>zero desire to fap again until Thursday

Is this normal for a 26yo man? When I was younger I could do it every day.
>>
>>27718977
Sorry I just read the thread and others have already said pretty much the same thing as this.
>>
>>27713738
More like 50 if you live in eastern Europe
>>
All you whining, this year is the best you will have, next year will be worse so be happy.
>>
File: 1459099490880.jpg (20 KB, 583x616) Image search: [Google]
1459099490880.jpg
20 KB, 583x616
>26
>graduated from college 2 years ago
>too depressed with severe anxiety and no self-esteem to get degree in information security (computer security)
>don't do anything
>end up not doing anything
>end up being social recluse while my few friends go on to be 'successful'
>parents ask me everyday how job search is coming
>I'm a failure and this shits all gonna implode soon
>kill me now senpai
>i'm a failure even though I thought I was 'different'
>>
>>27718977
I know that feel bro.

Haven't fapped since Monday and still no desire.

I'm an alcoholic though and it takes forever for me to get hard let alone come.
>>
>spend 4 years at college
>get degree, unemployed for 6 months after
>finally get a job as janitor at supermarket

holy shit, i just want a bus to hit me
>>
File: waaaah.jpg (7 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
waaaah.jpg
7 KB, 250x242
>29 years old
>virgin
>30th birthday is in June
>Live at home with parents
>Parents openly despise me
>I am not a NEET, I work 16 hours per week at a local pet shop
>Used to work 40 hours and was considering moving out
>Then one day I tried to make a joke to a little kid who wanted a pet rabbit by pulling really hard on her ears and screaming the word 'carrot' into her face
>she cried
>hours got reduced
>co-workers hate me, only kept my job because father is the manager
>ever since that day my father makes me take regular 'customer service examinations' at home
>basically he walks into my room and asks me pet related questions and I have to give good customer service or I fail
>If I fail 4 times in a month I get thrown out
>3 failures last month
>one of them was because he walked in, saw me masturbating and continued to ask about Hamster Exercise Balls
>got mad and threw a box of tissue at his head
>he slapped the shit out of me
>dad beats me at least once a month out of anger
>mother doesn't care
>have no friends
>last time I had a friend was 4 years ago, he was a homeless guy from down the street
>he tried to rape me one night so I stopped hanging out with him
>he died since
>can't cook
>only things I eat are sandwiches and cold tins of soup as well as fast food and candy
>still weigh 280lbs
>only joy I have in life is from the collection of hamster water bottles I keep in my room
>>
File: 1430810604068.jpg (96 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1430810604068.jpg
96 KB, 500x700
>Male.
>28 years old.
>NEET.
>never had a drivers license.
>live with my mother.
>dropped out of college.
>fucked a trap once but then realized I wasn't into men it was just that fucking guys is million times easier then getting a woman to fuck you.
>multiple health issues I am too afraid to go to the doctor for.

I know I'm fucked in the head but just don't care and unless someone wants to be my in house life coach shit isn't going to get any better.
>>
>>27712515
28 and my life basically ended almost a year ago
>tfw you're like a block of memory the programmer forgot to free when his software finished running
>>
>>27713170
>>All in all, I'm in a much better place than I was at <25. Feels good.
choosing to provide for a girl is not doing better
>>
26yo reporting in.
>rolled fairly good stats
>lucked out in the wealth roll
>have to work perhaps one day in a month (rentier)
>living in my own flat
>spend my waking days doing jack shit
>havent had sex in 3 years
>getting drunk often, playing with kids and teenagers in mobas
>first signs of chronic health troubles after decade of sitting in front of computer
>still desperate for sex buddy
>still have hope for the future

>>27717959
I approve of this post.

>>27719422
This is so surreal it cannot be true. Proof or gtfo.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>27716352
>I don't understand you old faggots still on this website, don't you know this website is mostly for people in their late teens/ early twenties?

This board is nearly 15 years old, why the fuck are you on an old mans site, you retarded child?
>>
>>27712515
Born 1984

I NEETed before many of you were out of middle school. Basement dweller since 2007
>>
>>27717455

>being this unimaginative and limiting your life to these awful choices.

You deserve your misery
>>
>>27712515
>>quarter life crisis
Don't worry, there's no way you'll live past 75
>>
Who else is 25ish and balding?
>>
>>27719966
I was balding my sophomore year of HS

>charlie brown mode
>>
>32
>shitposting at work
>living with mother
>poor
>still healthy
>still in good shape
>no ambition whatsoever

it just feels empty
>>
>>27719992
Good grief my man.
>>
>>27719992
I'm skinny, tall and can't grow a beard.

I'll look like shit when i'm forced to shave.
>>
>>27712515
>Turned 25 a month ago
>7 years into a 4 year uni course
>never had a gf

I wish exit bags were easy to get in Aus
>>
>>27716531
>you know it's creepy that you hang out on a website meant for kids right?

I'm 31.

Pretty sure when I was 19 I really did hang out on sites meant for 12 year olds.
>>
>>27716531
its you, underage kids who dont belong here desu famalan
>>
>>27720034
and I'm short 5'7 and 200 lbs.

Bald looks good if you're tall and muscular because then you can claim you went clean shaven for athletic reasons, when you're an obese manlet it just makes you look pathetic.

I've embraced it. I just said fuck it and maximize my bad looks now, people often stare and I get recognized around town.

I actually wear a dirty old fedora that's been smashed under my car seats a dozen times,

I wear the same swim trunks instead of pants every day of the week---the material keeps my balls dry so I don't sweat as much in my ballsack but I still make what I call a defensive 'musk' , I have a long santa esque beard (it's starting to gray) when it gets a bit longer Im gonna braid it like King Tut
>>
>mom just angry im still a neet
>bitches at me and tries to make me anxious by antagonizing me nonstop
>she doesnt know im gonna peace out soon and move to another country
>she thinks im going to sit around taking care of her while she becomes a crippled old lady
>>
>>27720140
Sounds like a plan. Details? How you gonna finance the move?
>>
This year, it's just been a wreck.

>After ten years, just two classes away from graduating university.
>Can barely motivate myself to show up/do assignments
>Employed casually but intentionally not making myself available for shift because I hate it
>Collecting the dole
>Don't see any job prospects after finishing degree
>Dont see any job prospects without degree
>Barely even see my old friends anymore, would feel awkward calling them up now
>Barely do my 'hobbies' (vidya) anymore
>No motivation to do fucking anything'

DOes anyone else ever like, read a book or get into a TV show and the protagonist is just so fucking driven and spends all their time doing their awesome job and they're so focused and I can only be fucking bothered rolling out of bed and watching the 24hr News channel.
I dunno what I'm getting at, but I guess, these hardworking, driven protagonists was how I imagined my adult life would be except in reality, I'm 29 now. At this age my Dad was an engineer and married and I'm jsut fucking nothing.
>>
>Get in-demand degree
>All my class mates get jobs straight out of university
>I get called to interviews all the time
>Instantly rejected when they realize how socially retarded I am
>See people with no experience or degree get the jobs I want due to their contacts

Why even live
>>
>>27712515
28 here.

The good
>have easy job, work environment is nice (poolside all day), but pay is shit
>Have been getting into really good physical shape by running and swimming. About a year into my new fitness routine.
>Was 190 pounds (6ft), now Im 160 pounds and more muscular.
>Have BA. Graduated with honors (3.6 gpa)
>got TEFL cert
>Have full head of hair
>Stopped drinking.
>Can usually hold a semi decent conversation with anybody now

The Bad
>Still a kv
>No friends.
>live at home. My mother is a total bitch. Dad is a doormat and not helpful.
>Cant get myself motivated to find a better paying job in cubeland. Is that even possible with no skills and no professional/office experience?
>Have BA. Majored in political science.
>making $11.25/hour
>Dont plan on using tefl cert. Too much of a pussy to move overseas,teaching in front of a class was really hard on my nerves, and I feel like Im lacking enough experience to get a half decent job (I tutored k-8 kids from the ghetto for a couple of years, but that was a couple of years ago.).

Feels like a

WASTED LIFE
A
S
T
E
D

L
I
F
E
>>
>>27720271
>Instantly rejected when they realize how socially retarded I am

What are the signs that someone is socially retarded?
>>
>>27720293
The inability to carry out small talk is one red flag.
>>
>28, khv
>meme degree
>Worked 3 out of the last 7 years
>Currently been NEET for one year
>Haven't been outside in a month
>3 interview requests this week but cannot reply to them due to severe anxiety.
>I just want to officially give up and accept defeat. I've been diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety for 12 years and i'm tired of fighting.
>>
ITT: The failed generation.

We are the product of the perfect shitstorm. The war in Iraq, the irresponsibility of baby boomers and the corruption of global banks.

Our insanity can still be seen in today's youth but it is being masked by consumerism and the media. Most people (which we refer to as normies) are too concerned with the next season of Game of Thrones and the newest iPhone to think about how hard they got fucked. Just stay calm and pay off that college debt.

25+ NEETs are the only true victors. And my heart bleeds for those who didnt have parents who understood how our generation got fucked.
>>
>used to see these threads on r9k years and years ago
>was 20 back then
>I'm nearly 26 now
>>
>>27720322
>We are the product of the perfect shitstorm. The war in Iraq, the irresponsibility of baby boomers and the corruption of global banks

Yes, it's everyone else's fault but us.
>>
>>27720332
No one said its everyone's fault. If you bothered to educate yourself on post World War 2 politics you would see things more clearly.
>>
>>27720311
and?

What else?

How can you not small talk?
>>
>30 year old
>neet living off welfare
>internet/tv all day
>schizophrenia, autism
>living with dad who's on a pension
>he's cool with me being a neet
>thank to god everyday I don't have to work
>>
>>27712654
It's more like your actual mid life seeing as you may as well be dead at 50
>>
>>27715042
hey your me except
>not a virgin
>no job
>>
>>27720322
>>27720322
>>27720322

There are plenty of successful people from this generation going to the top schools and getting too jobs. They're just better at the rat race than everyone here.
>>
File: 1443450413635.jpg (238 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
1443450413635.jpg
238 KB, 1024x680
>>27712648
But what's the point of having a job? So that you can buy shit you don't even need or make you happy? I have zero need for anything other than food, water and an internet connection. That's literally all I need. Nothing makes me happy, I can't enjoy anything. So why would I waste my life away working on someones else's shekels?

Even if I had a job, what would change? I could accumulate a few bucks on my account and do what with it? Spend it on videogames? I'm not stupid. Spend it on movies? Music? No thanks.

I could spend it on my family, my wife and kids if I had them I guess. But without an SO, life literally has no meaning. It's a never ending suffering.

It's true what they say, money can't buy happiness. Or love.
>>
OP here Older anons: what do I do? I feel at 25 I'm just on a one way track towards failure

I did what I was supposed to do, "get a degree" meme but im so unhappy with everything and hate everything in my life
>>
File: 1425301757446.jpg (53 KB, 498x482) Image search: [Google]
1425301757446.jpg
53 KB, 498x482
>>27713170
Hahahahaha, what a fucking cuck.
>going hiking with her this weekend. Dunno if we'll be too tired to bang after.
Le "We had sex, you didn't meme." kekerino
>trying to eat right but failing these days.
Le "I'm eating healthy" + "Oh well, I'm just a human. kek" meme
>possibly alcoholic?
Yeah, your life fucking suck so you have to drink it all away, you fucking normalfag.
>>
>>27720343
Not everyone is "normal", friendo.
>>
>>27720395
>There are plenty of successful people from this generation going to the top schools and getting too jobs.
Nepotism, connections for the most part.
>>
>>27720545
Protip: Happiness is a decision.
Putting effort into getting into shape and lowering your expectations is all you have to do to make that decision easier.
>>
File: 1435922942354.jpg (89 KB, 648x430) Image search: [Google]
1435922942354.jpg
89 KB, 648x430
>>27720545
I'm >>27720506
I don't know man. Everything is just so depressing. I live in Europe, and it's taken as fact that white people in Europe will be a minority in 20 years or less. Just fucking what's the point of living in a sandnigger/nigger/gypsy infested country? And people don't even seem to care. They will say, "oh, that's bad I guess" and then proceed to elect the same politicians who made all this nightmare a reality. The media brainwashing is incredible. I see no future in Europe. Maybe I should move to Australia or New Zealand. Are they any better?

So I don't know what to do either. I spent 6 years on a degree that I've grown to hate. I guess I could make some serious money in my field but for what? So that I can buy the latest iPhone? Life is just so fucking pointless at this point.

>mfw I was 15 and imagined being 25 is way ahead
>mfw this year I'll be 25
>mfw I imagined life at 25 will be great, steady income, gf, friends, parties, even planing my wedding and shit, being successful and alpha and goodlooking
>actually KHHV, no friends, no job, degree that I don't even like, no motivation to get out of the bed in the morning, a fucking beta, a failure and ugly as fuck (not fat tho, inb4 "hyt the le gym")
The one thing that I actually like is watching porn and masturbating. Fuck, maybe I should become a male porn star?! I mean I've seen many god ugly male actors, sure, they get paid probably shit, but who cares, they do what they like, they fuck a shitton of bitches. I'm sure I'd burn out quick and possible kill myself in a couple years, but at least I could say I enjoyed my life.
>>
>>27720606

Im not normal, bub.

Small talk is basically just acknowledging the other person. It's all predictable BS.
>>
>30 years old
>biscum
>khv with both genders
>never worked a day in my life
>don't leave the house for 4/8 weeks at a time, and only then for a haircut
>no dreams or goals anymore

Loneliness has finally destroyed me Have no ambition to make money or have a career. For what reason? I'm never going to be able to share my life and experiences with anyone I care about. Oh nice, I can buy a new car... that'll be fun for 10 seconds. Go travel? Yea experiencing new stuff by myself without anyone to talk about it with. Big house? Just another reminder of emptiness.

It's all so pointless by yourself
>>
>>27720713
To have small talk you actually have to have a life. People who sit in front of their computer all day and shitpost on chinese cartoon image boards have nothing to talk about, or what they have are shitposting-IRL style shit that scare people away.

I also don't like to share my opinions on thing because I'm afraid other people will judge me for it, the same way i judge other people for theirs. You could call my "mysterious" but in fact I just don't like when people know what i think. I mean it's not their fucking business.

I also don't know what to ask people. I'm constantly questioning myself if the questions are too rude? or would the other person freak out if I ask this and that? isn't it too personal? I just don't know how to do it. I guess I just don't like asking questions to a person to which I wouldn't like to give an answers myself.
>>
>>27720730
>and only then for a haircut
>not owing a hair clipper
I haven't gone to a hairdresser in over 5 years
>>
>>27712515
Quarter life crisis at 25? You really think you're going to live to 100 you unhealthy faggot?
>>
>>27713020

degree?

if you say STEM and didn't graduate with a high GPA then you have a worthless degree.
>>
>>27720662

Unhappy person here. It is definitely not a choice to be be happy, you stupid fuck. Standards can't be lowered either, by definition standards are the lowest something can possibly be, did you mean lower your ideal? That's also stupid advice but makes slightly more sense.
>>
File: ugly-pepe.jpg (24 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
ugly-pepe.jpg
24 KB, 385x385
>>27720916
>didn't graduate with a high GPA then you have a worthless degree
>>
>>27720773
You're thinking too much, and no you dont have to have a life. This shit was called "manners" back when I was growing up. Small talk is just asking people how there day has been, telling them it is nice to see them, and other BS. Nobody is actually serious or cares about what is discussed. It's just a polite way to acknowledge others.
>>
>>27720946

if it's 2016 and you didn't graduate with a high gpa you may as well have not done a degree.

its 2016, a bachelor degree is the new high school cert.

even the retard dropout kids have bachelors these days.
>>
>>27720980
No one cares that you wasted your school years by getting worthless points.
In real life the only thing that matters is charisma and connections.
>>
>>27721129

ahahahhahahahah hah aha hah hahahaa
ahsdhashdashdsahdahdahhdahahaha

you literally can't get a white collar job without a degree this day, even if you have 'charisma'.

go ahead, try.

> okay anon you know I hear you're really popular around the office haha

> lets just do the formality thing of checking your CV before we hire you

> oh .. you don't have a degree .. unfortunately that's a pre-requisite of our office .. uhh yeah .. well sorry about that .. if you ever do get a degree .. email us? thanks for stopping by.

hint: in 2016 it's a REQUIREMENT to have a bachelor degree to get an entry level job.

unless ur working at mcdonalds or someshit

ahaha so naive bro im laughin
>>
>>27721159
No he is right, no one cares about your GPA in high school. I mean unless you really are that insecure about everything.
>>
File: 1309274206168.png (284 KB, 698x407) Image search: [Google]
1309274206168.png
284 KB, 698x407
>>27721159
Wow, pal. I didn't mean to trigger you.
>>
>>27721172

nobody is talking about high school you artard.

highschool gpa lmao nobody gives a fuck highschool cert is worth nothing to anybody.
>>
>>27716352
Hohoho i was once like you young whippersnapper I'll see you in 6 years
>>
>>27721177

ahahha im laughin so hard jesus

good luck with graduating high school this year bro.

i look foward to your inevitable posts about philosophy after your mandatory art units next year.
>>
28 pathetic years old here, going on 29 soon

>at least i'm college educated
>...in a shit field
>few friends, fewer still romantic associations
>have been gradually giving up the things that used to fill me with enthusiasm and excitement
>liking a girl lasts about a week before i move on after convincing myself it's a pointless venture
>life is slowly devolving into a pre-ordained set of activities that unfurl and repack themselves with quotidian aridity, everything feels barren and lackluster

oh well, at least my smoking and drinking have increased dramatically and i might develop a life-threatening illness by 50
>>
>>27720368
how much do you get from welfare
>>
>>27721219
Nah, you're just wasting your time, pal.

College grades in the US are so inflated that no employer will care about your points..

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/economic-intelligence/2013/12/26/why-college-grade-inflation-is-a-real-problem-and-how-to-fix-it
>>
>>27721249

rahhhahah yeah cool man good luck cya.

have fun explaining why you have a pass average
>>
>>27721249

Mate HR will filter your application by GPA, institution, and degree.

i.e. a computer program will filter your application out of the circulation if your GPA is too shit, degree is bad, or institution is bad.

BEFORE a human ever sets eyes on it.

Please don't accept advice from people who have no experience in the job market.
>>
>>27713891

>tfw 29 and still on acne

Fuck my parents for giving me shit genes

>>27717959

>spent a lot of time when I was 25 getting in shape and eating healthy but can't seem to summon the willpower to get back to it

Same here i fell for lift meme and it haven't improved my willpower or mood
>>
>>27712515

I've been there my man it took years but lifes finally great. You just have to keep going at it as stupid as that sounds.

Believe me though when you're at this level it's fun :)
>>
>>27721313

As if they're going to double whether I really made a 3.8 instead of a 3.2. Get real dude, GPA doesn't matter in the slightest. A bachelors is the new high school degree.
>>
>>27721276
>yeah i didn't take it seriously when i first started out but after [bullshit "eye-opening experience"] i really started to put the work in. unfortunately the GPA doesn't show that my highest grades are actually in the more difficult, later subjects, which is a shame. i still regret not putting the effort in but i like to think i matured a lot at college and i'm keen to keep my personal development on track. i'm highly motivated to continue to learn and develop!"
>>
>>27721398

so in a firm thats being bombarded with high gpas you think they'll give a fuck

you think thats how life works?

pfahfhaha

you think people are like oh these guys did it perfectly, but this other cunt has a message about his life or some shit so we should give him the job?

ahahahhahahfashdfdshfdsrhsdahashhdhfsghsdjgflhkerhgler4hlkjewkl

sorry I failed everything pls give me a job tho over those other more qualified persons

HAHAHAHHAHAHA

honest question have u actually ever had a job
>>
>>27721325
yeah man, just B yourself. it will work out.
>>
>>27721325
What kinda job do you have now? How is life now? Be more specific.
>>
>>27721469
>so in a firm thats being bombarded with high gpas you think they'll give a fuck
If they've given you the interview then yes.

The purpose of an interview is not to assess a candidate's formal qualifications so much as it is to assess how good of a fit they will be at the organisation. If they obtained the degree then they're good enough, considering that even somebody with the best marks will not be job-ready for a month or so anyway.

Not only do I have a job, my job is in hiring and firing at the corporate side of one of Australia's largest retailers.
>>
>>27721395

If the other guy 3.8 and you got 3.2 you're fucked.

You guys are conflating the job market like 20 years ago where they actually gave a shit about your personality or other shit.

Especially for entry level, nobody gives a fuck.

Do you think CEOs sit around perusing entry level applications? Oh gee he got 3.2 but he's really displaying personality traits that we find admirable.

No its more like hey just take the top 5 marks for the entry level positions and turf the rests.
>>
>>27721507

hint: you won't get the interview.

jesus ur dumb.

hey i cant even do well in uni but pls consider me still mr interviewer cos i have a big heart.

so you can't even do well in 4 units a year but you're trying to tell me you'll do well here? err nah.
>>
>>27721523

4 units a sem*
>>
>>27721499

i just came across this thread while making my own but i guess it'll apply to this too.

I'm a flair bartender. (yeah stupid i know but tips yo)

life is amazing.

>>27721130

for those details you were talking about
>>
>>27721507

Sweet man so you work for Woolworths and you're talking about hiring cashiers.

Great.
>>
>>27721496

nah dont do that sometimes you gotta lie to bitches.. unless you're a liar already if so then carry on.
>>
>>27721588
you were never a robot if you are a bartender.
>>
How to find gf after 30 :(
>>
>>27721523
>hint: you won't get the interview.
I give out the interviews.

I regularly give out interviews to people with middling marks who have other good qualifications. Uni marks are not the be-all, end-all of your application. You do need something else though to give me a reason to consider you.

But every person who enters an interview enters on equal footing, basically. Nobody has ever said "candidate A did really poorly on the interview but he got straight 7s at uni so we'll hire him" when candidate B came across as a likeable, motivated born leader who got 4s and 5s. Unless you are hiring for the absolute top level high skill positions then you don't need the absolute top level of skills to fill them.

>hey i cant even do well in uni but pls consider me still mr interviewer cos i have a big heart.
I have literally given people jobs based on this. I don't need to hire a genius, I need to hire somebody who can do their job, get along with people, and take the initiative. Everyone with a degree is capable of doing the job. Even some people without degrees are capable of doing the job, depending on what we're hiring for.

I am a recruiter. I know what gets jobs better than you do. Accept it and move on.
>>
>28
>NEET
>Dropped out of high school & college
>no ambitions or goals
>still don't know what job I want
>too old to get back into education, couldn't if I wanted to
>everyone I knew growing up has moved on
>gfs/married/houses/careers
>left behind in a dead end northern town
>nothing to do here but drink yourself to death
>the only people left who live around here are:
>fat single mums
>heroin addicted men
>old people who lived here their whole lives and are too old to leave
>nobody my age to socialise with
>nobody understands that there is nothing to do for someone my age who has no social life
>all their advice just boils down to "go outside!" or "just b urself :^)"
>all the activities that take place outside are social activities
>have nobody to go outside and be social with
>every time I go outside I feel like I don't belong there and can't relate to anyone or anything
>implying I could even hold down a conversation for more than 3 seconds to begin with
>just fill my days watching netflix and playing games to distract myself from the hopelessness of life

Suffered from anxiety & depression for almost half my life. Avoidance is my primary coping strategy and I don't know any other way to live.

I don't know how to handle responsibility, relationships, work or basically anything else that lets you become a well rounded and independent human being.

Only ever had 1 job which was in 2007 and I stacked shelves at Tesco for 10 weeks before they fired all the temps on Christmas eve.

I have no hireable skill, no education qualifications and I could only ever find work in the services industry. Even then I'd be competing against 300 other people for the same burger flipping job.

Whats the point in carrying on?
>>
>>27721618

you should really read my post before you post.
>>
>>27721600
No, I work for the other guy, and I work in and for corporate.

Which I already said.

Maybe the reason you don't get jobs is because you can't read.
>>
File: JYcaUad.png (200 KB, 5016x2508) Image search: [Google]
JYcaUad.png
200 KB, 5016x2508
>>27714722

is that a red and black star I see on your hat?
>>
>>27721640

Happiness. More specifically, Your happiness.
>>
>>27721508

As far as they know we both made 3.8, read the post, dipshit. I'm talking about lying. Noone gives a shit about GPA, especially not enough to confirm.
>>
>26
>Landed my dream job two years ago
>Make $60k a year working 11-12 days a month
>Nice car
>Nice apartment
>Nice gf
>In shape, good hobbies, good friends

Woe is me, life is so horrible :^)
>>
>>27721788

What's bad about that? $40k is average so your at 1.5x that.
>>
File: 1307563663001.jpg (70 KB, 587x558) Image search: [Google]
1307563663001.jpg
70 KB, 587x558
>>27712515
>28
>on antidepressants
>generalized anxiety disorder and IBS
>no job
>no gf
>live with my parents
>do nothing all day

life is emptiness
>>
>>27721588
What do you think of the movie Cocktail?
>>
File: warm face.jpg (6 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
warm face.jpg
6 KB, 180x180
>be 25+
>get triggered when the average poster talks about their birth year
>get triggered when the average poster talks about the babbytier stuff they find nostalgic
>get triggered by underage idiocy of average poster
>>
>26
>thinking of being comedian (several reasons)
>Great difficulty with public speaking

fuck
>>
>>27721881
None of those could actually prevent you from doing something with yourself if you weren't such a lard.
>>
>>27721959

Ironically enough I guess I wear a similar outfit? Cause I always get people telling me I remind them of Tom in that movie. Not look wise I don't think just it's the only old school flair movie? I dont know never seen it.
>>
>>27721743
Now we are getting somewhere. There is no reason to not lie when applying for a job unless you already have a great record. Lying is the only way you can get anywhere.
>>
any fembots itt oc
>>
File: bees.jpg (34 KB, 442x480) Image search: [Google]
bees.jpg
34 KB, 442x480
>>27722013
>Why do they call them normies?
>Their personality is Chad.
>Their appearance is Chad.
>They should call them chadies.
>>
>>27722136
gtfo asshole. Give a trurobot a reply you thirsty beta scum
>>
>>27722196
nah im just curious if theres any pathetic enough to still pretend to be a robot and 25+ as a female

like obviously theyve taken miles of chad at that point
>>
File: livingtstones.jpg (117 KB, 500x473) Image search: [Google]
livingtstones.jpg
117 KB, 500x473
>>27720677
>I live in Europe, and it's taken as fact that white people in Europe will be a minority in 20 years or less
Since when?

>>27720785
Enjoy your shitty haircut.

>>27721234
> at least my smoking and drinking have increased dramatically
Cheers

>>27721640
You have this fucking greentext saved, dont you? Not the first thread I saw this in.

>>27721989
Yet you still return

>>27722161
> parents will have to help me pay for car insurance/food
>At least I'm making ok money now

>pic unrelated
>>
>>27713170
don't ever get married. It's a waste of money and it's pretty much gonna fuck you over in a divorce (seen how easy it is to get a divorce these days). I'm never gonna propose to my gf. I'm pretty much fucked if she does, tho...
>>
>>27722440

I absolutely have it saved. Fuck typing that out every time.
>>
File: Anarchist-black-flag.png (15 KB, 249x268) Image search: [Google]
Anarchist-black-flag.png
15 KB, 249x268
>>27721658
I'm a card-carrying Wobbly and used to identify as an anarcho-syndicalist, but 25 years of working with leftists has taught me that I really don't want to share-and-share-alike with people who disappear the second any boring scutwork needs to be done, but are johnny-on-the-spot whenever there's a photo op which needs taking or a manifesto which needs writing.

These days I identify as a mutualist anarchist. If I'm doing all the work, I want a way to track who is doing what, and to be recognized for the work I do. My flag is still black, just a little less red.
>>
>>27713891
6 weeks is nothing tbqh
>>
>>27721881

watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1-hry6Eurs&nohtml5
>>
>>27712713
>probably has a BA in English
>also probably did no networking
>too egotistical to get cashier job

Fuck off
>>
>>27713170
>>27722491
True. Marriage is betting some chick half of your net worth that you will love her forever.

If shes the one pushing for marriage, just do a prenup.
>>
File: 1373911527349.jpg (91 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1373911527349.jpg
91 KB, 400x388
>>27716352
>tfw I was thinking the exact same thing at age 19

There is no escape
>>
>tfw I'll probably graduate when I'm 25 if all goes well
>not even with a master which will take another 2 years
At least it will be from a top 10 uni with hardly any debt, r-right guys?

Seriously considering going the Eggman route and living in a van if this doesn't work out
>>
>>27719422
no way this is real. get >>>/out/
>>
>>27722519
Have you ever thought that you just might be a normal non-sociopathic human being and that clinging to retarded highschool labels until 50 might not have done you too great of a favor in life?
>>
Giving up after 4 months?

I'm at 3 years
>>
>>27722925
I am always amazed by the people who can graduate from uni but are too incompetent to find a job. No wonder degrees have a bad name nowadays.
>>
>21
>NEET
>Play video games all day and browse various websites
>Dad died when I was 6, mom receives free pension from the government
>Anti-social and depressed
>Get triggered when normies post that they have a job and successful life

On a scale of 1-100 how fucked am I bros?

I really want to continue my neet life and just play video games all day, but looking at normies my mind is forcing me to get a 4 year medical degree. I don't think I will ever be able to play video games once I enter the medical field. Life sucks so hard, holy fuck, I just want to enjoy what I love.
>>
File: MA3YeuX.jpg (68 KB, 317x315) Image search: [Google]
MA3YeuX.jpg
68 KB, 317x315
fun fact: each dot represents on average a week left of your life
>>
File: 1459950543928.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1459950543928.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>27714428
kek'd

just original very original the most original kek origingisnfidsanfs
>>
>>27723017
>implying we won't live past 120+
>>
File: shrug.jpg (80 KB, 1300x863) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
80 KB, 1300x863
>>27712515
>be 28
>dropped out of uni once after 3 years
>got my degree on my second try, after 4 years
>no extracuricular activity to show for, no clubs or private projects worth mentioning
>somehow got an internship my very last semester
>surely I am fucked... neetbux here i come

>literally got a ~60k/year job starting the day after deregistration
>not a single day unemployed after my degree
>>
Remember Albert Einstein was a neet for few years.
>>
File: lobotomy James captcha.png (34 KB, 898x763) Image search: [Google]
lobotomy James captcha.png
34 KB, 898x763
>>27723118

>implying you'll live past 50 if you haven't already killed yourself before 30.
>>
>>27723131
What field senpai
>>
>be 25
>graduating soon
>Told sand nigger boss at wagecuck slaveshow to eat a dick and bolted last friday
>had 3 interviews this week
>MFW i get hired, better pay, dental, place is closer to home
>MFW life is great

can't really complain. I just need to get back in shape and I'll be great.
>>
>>27723131
>>27723255
What is the field my negro
>>
>>27722992
Start working on building your future. The sense of hopelessness when your older and still a loser is unbearable
>>
25 and I lost my job of four years

...what do i do now. Nobody wants to hire my retarded ass.
>>
>>27714403
>tfw
26, & I'm been struggling to get an Acocunting degree.
Realize I'd rather go into Environmental Science
>too fucking late
Shit sucks, time never stops and I feel like I'm too old to waste more years and not have anything on my resume.
>>
>>27723584
Not too late. Would you rather be miserable your entire life or spend a few more years in school and be happy?

I'm 26 and will go back to uni this autumn.
>>
>>27712515
>26
>get paralysed in certain areas and stay in bed for two years depressed
>Get a job related to my art degree after it all
>Two years ongoing and have had two raises
>Gf moved out for a job far away
>zero friends and still rockin 'the most likely to shoot up a school' aura
>Not sure if I should leave my job in the hope of something better with my gf or stick with this job

6/10 really
>>
>>27712515
Pretty much I was the same way out of school.It took me a little over a year to find a good job but I've been in it a couple years and it's comfy. Not the best, but it's better than me being a shut in. 90% of interviews are a popularity contest. Smile, do the whole normie act, laugh at their cringey jokes.lie.

Remember that you won't be unemployed forever unless you choose to be. Don't focus strictly on getting a job. Eat somewhat healthy at least a few days a week, go on walks outside a few days a week. I hit rock bottom by staying inside 24/7 and eating shitty. If you can enjoy yourself a little bit you'll get that job.
>>
>>27723529
What was your job senpai?
>>
>>27723614
I've never had a real job though, since I've been 20 flipping packages at UPS + I'm still living at home.
I feel like if I don't hurry up employers wiould rather just choose the fresh 22 grad with no experience over the approaching 30 loser.
>>
>>27722567
Thanks famalam

originalvoo
>>
>>27712515
Same situation, but 24. It sucks.
>>
>>27712515
>28
>only highschool diploma
>very sociable and good looking
>get literally hired because the human resource manager who was a women liked me
>married the girl I was together with from when I was 21
>bought our first apartment and enjoying life now pretty much

Well I cant say I am the smartest but its true that if you look good its much much more easy to have a happy life and live happy.Thx mom and dad for the genes.
>>
>>27723788

>gf moved far away
>still thinks she's his gf

She's with someone else. You're only lying to yourself if you think otherwise.
>>
File: 1458504511588.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1458504511588.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>>27716352
>I don't understand you old faggots still on this website, don't you know this website is mostly for people in their late teens/ early twenties?
You have no fucking clue. You're the young one in an old man's bar/sauna. We have come here after everything fell apart, when I was 19 I wouldn't have touched a website like this.
>>
>>27723158
>>27723400
IT Consulting
>>
>>27724465
I thought consulting was a meme job where you don't really do anything?
>>
>>27712515
>18
>thought I was going to be an architect
>wide eyed virgin who loved Vidya and Hated Bros and frats

>total frat-star president of a chapter
>Still a virgin but nobody knows or would believe it
>Cyborg level maximum

>graduated looking for a job with a commercial developer/home builder
>having trouble finding anything
>get a 'temporary job" as a call center rep for cash

>25
>Work for insurance
>sit in a cubicle listening to insurance brokers complain about shit
>barely make 50K
>No escape feel dead ended
>At least im fucking a chubby chick from the 4th floor.

where did my fucking life go man.
>>
>>27724556
That's still a better life than 90% of true robots have. Fuck you.
>>
>>27716906
Silent Hill 3 is best game of all time.
>>
>>27724267
Well that's the point.
Do I try and join her and hope I get a new job as good as the one I have now and hope that she hasn't been claimed or do I just stay here and let it happen?
>>
>>27724556

>50k a year
>bitching

Man shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1406489917848.png (314 KB, 446x700) Image search: [Google]
1406489917848.png
314 KB, 446x700
>>27712515
>27 in less than a week
>will officially be categorized as late 20's from now on
>still no degree, no long term plans

The only saving grace in all of this is my part time job that pays $17/hr. If I had to work minimum wage again I'd just kill myself.
>>
File: 1415064259163.jpg (60 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1415064259163.jpg
60 KB, 530x600
>>27721508

>CEOs
>doing anything with entry-level HR

That's post-college three-dicks-in-a-row sorority Stacy in the HR department's job.
>>
>>27720506
holy shit. You are literally me.
>>
>>27724497
Consulting is a huge field... even in IT consulting there's like a thousand different subfields

You'll find consultants for every job there is... companies hire consultants because it costs them less than hiring someone with that know how and experience with a fixed contract... once the project is done the consultant is gone. And if they ever need an upgrade / something fixed they hire you again for a limited amount of time.

Basically I do the same stuff a system architect / software engineer would do, only more efficiently and for a lot higher hourly wage.
People pay ~1000 Euros a day for me to work for them and I'm currently booked for the next 8 months.
>>
>>27723977
Just lie about your experience.
>>
>>27724865
She's already gone, man. You let her go when you stood still as the winds of change swept her off her feet.
>>
>>27713170
Keep living the dream.

I'm in my early 20's now and I just want things to turn around, but they never fucking do.
>>
>>27712515
You can do it m8
>be 19
>dropped out of school at 16
>been a NEET for almost 4 years until this february
>literally done nothing with my life and lied to everyone about it
>no degree or qualifications
>still managed to find a decent job where i only work 6 hours a day and i get free breakfast and get to wear nice clothes
>>
>>27726144
Calling yourself a Neet when you're under 18 and live at home is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>27726191
neet = not in employment, education or training
How is that a stretch just because i live at home? I didn't tell anybody that i was not working and not going to school.
>>
>>27716352
This is like watching someone laugh and point while a train is about to slam into them from behind at full speed.

If you think people come to r9k because they're in a temporary rut and they just want to share feels for a while until they go back to normie life, you're in for a little surprise, child.
>>
File: butthole.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
butthole.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>27716542
so not the same situation at all, you dummy
>>
>>27726260
So where is the line drawn? Is a newborn a Neet too?
>>
File: XF2ZVIl.jpg (47 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
XF2ZVIl.jpg
47 KB, 600x800
>>27713891
cut out the orange juice piggy, that's just sugar
>>
>>27726144

>19
>pretending to know what it's like
>saying it's gets better
>NINETEEN

When I was 19, I thought the same way. When I was 20, I got a job that I loved working with people I liked and bounced around a few other jobs on the side to pay rent. I lived on my own, I was independent, and things weren't so bad.

Now I'm 27, and I know better. My job is shitty, my pay is shitty, I started school to try and get out of it, but I don't have the time and energy to devote to it.

Life doesn't get better kid. Life isn't fair, either. There aren't equal opportunities for everyone. There's not some checklist of things to do right where you earn a big reward at the end. Smokers live to be 100 and runners die of cancer. Hard working people get shit on by do nothing CEOs. Some people are born into money and others can't afford to eat. Most of us are smack dab in the middle of hell, but swear we're actually millionaires having a bit of bad luck.

Don't come here acting like you know shit about anything. Come back in a few years when your happy little fairy tail is lifted from your eyes.
>>
>>27726392
sauce? if not legal dont respond
>>
>>27726446

This fucking guy gets it.

26 here. Optimism has steadily declined. It becomes very painfully obvious that inertia applies to humans as much as inanimate objects, just like chance and luck.
>>
just get a nigger tier job and earn some bucks, it will really make you feel better
>>
>>27721640
This lifes we have...this is some sort of test, we are in a swamp right now, it depends on us if we can have hope and swim or just lose it and sink...

Swim anon, swim, i will try aswell
>>
>>27726535

Nah. Not him, but nah.

I'm putting honest thought right now as to what I'm going to do next. I've been here for the better part of 2 hours milling it over. I'm done. What little will I had has been swept away, and I feel like the time is right. One pop and lights out forever.
>>
File: 1443286302539.jpg (324 KB, 640x599) Image search: [Google]
1443286302539.jpg
324 KB, 640x599
>>27726682
Sorry to hear that anon, no one said swiming was easy, see you on the other side...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.