[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know what to do. >Live by myself >Great paying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
File: Catmoney.jpg (104 KB, 565x638) Image search: [Google]
Catmoney.jpg
104 KB, 565x638
I don't know what to do.

>Live by myself
>Great paying job (80k or so a year)
>Disabled Veteran (2000 a month extra in disability)
>Single, just went through divorce.
>Do nothing except work and be depressed.

I have all this money but no drive or desire to do anything. What the fuck do I do? Keep in mind, depression is killing my will do pick up hobbies or do anything, I'm in the ultimate funk.

Pic related; my fucking cat and brick of cash I won playing black-jack. Yay.
>>
Take a vacation somewhere
>>
Step 1: don't take advice from people worse off than you are.

Fuck off normie
>>
>>27691276
Can't take time off of work, boss has me on lock down.
>>
get an ok camera and go across the country/world.

Learn to surf: don't have to worry about competing with people or even being near people and it's fun.

Go hiking.

Cooking class: you can meet new people and learn some things.
>>
Goto beer/wine tasting, movie screenings, art exhibits in your community.
>>
>>27691280
I guess I'm a fucking normie, I don't know. Just in a real bad rut at the moment. 2+ year dry spell of any companionship or closeness to someone.
>>
>>27691230
Because you are making 100k a year you are able to do the following.

Get a gold digger slut with massive tits. When you come home to your mansion yell 'Get over here whore'. She will reply 'Yes master'.

And then you top deck her.
>>
Pay for my hormone therapy and laser hair removal so I can be your house maid or sex slave or whatever you want
>>
>>27691286
Quit. 2000/month is easy to live on. Not to mention I assume you have savings. Unless you actively burn your money, I can't see how you'd waste 80k/yr.
>>
>>27691355
My rent is 2000 a month alone, let alone all my other bills and shit. I wish I could quit and travel around and stuff. I have some savings, but I help out my family a few states away when they go through hard times.
>>
>>27691354
Fucking hell, at this point I'd try anything.
>>
>>27691388
>$2000 rent

Do you live in California/New York?
>>
>>27691466
New York, for a small ass 1 bedroom, 1 bath 500 square foot place.
>>
File: zNj5WML.png (173 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
zNj5WML.png
173 KB, 265x370
You should start playing Magic: The Gathering
>>
>>27691230

dude i'm in the same position. (not vet but same pay + same depression)

gonna work on online marketing to make even more money.
>>
>>27691512
How would you get into that? I use my disposable income to gamble and the like.
>>
>>27691230
You could PayPal me $2500 so I don't get evicted.
>>
>>27691597
What's in it for me then ya freeloader?
>>
>Great paying job
>disabled veteran
>job
>disabled

Nigga you committing fraud.
>>
>>27691650
I wasn't rated unemployable, that's only for 100% disabled Vets.

Soooo, no, no fucking fraud here, though my body and mind are all fucked up from my Afghanistan deployment. Fucking Marine Corps, glad I'm out.
>>
>>27691597
Uh, the satisfaction of knowing you helped a fellow robot out until he becomes a wagecuck again? Or you could have my comics.
>>
>>27691756
Hmm, and what job protects do you have? What are you looking for?
>>
>>27691795
My last job was cutting down trees. Not logging, mainly just residential and commercial properties. I'm trying to find something like that again, but at this point would settle for anything. Luckily my landlord has known me since I was a kid and is letting me stay until the end of the month purely out of sympathy.
>>
Militaryfag here. Is getting out as nice as it seems? I want go to college and will save up a decent amount of money when I'm out.
>>
>>27692215
If you're in a trade type MOS or whatever, it will be easier to land a good job. If you're a grunt, that's not quite as easy as finding a high paying career afterwards. I did 5 years for the USMC, so glad to be out, if you can land something good, it will be well worth your time. Use that G/I Bill and get a nice degree, you'll be head and shoulders above other suckers who just have a degree, but you have military service under your belt.
>>
Donate some money to me anon
>>
>>27691313
>2 years
Try 22, asshole. Normie get out
>>
>>27692411
Then join the military and become this mythical "Chad" fuckers you all bitch about. Grow some balls for just once in your life.
>>
>>27691313
that's pretty robot. there's obviously something wrong with you that despite having all this money and success, you have no real personal relationships.

Try socializing more. Go to bars, download socializing apps, do online dating.
>>
>>27691230
Get laid. Spend some of that dough on a really nice hooker every couple weeks. You deserve an excellent, hassle free fuck.
>>
>>27691230
Take some money and start an NGO. Start small just lease an office and make calls for donations, organize a few functions, etc. until you've raised some money for a good cause. Helping those less fortunate than you really makes you feel great
>>
>>27691230
Anon, the only thing I could tell you is to think about something you always wanted to do when you were a kid or some shit. Go be a fucking princess, with that much cash no one would mess with you. But if there's nothing then Oi should go search for new passions. Literally search. Maybe you'd like living in a tent on the beach riding sick waves, you'd never know if you didn't try to find something (not to say you haven't tried).
>>
Depends how messed up are you or your interests?
>>
>>27691230
Are you still able to ride? If yes get a motorcycle.
>>
>>27692489
Getting a hooker is a waste of fucking money. Holy shit, you're fucking retarded.
>>
>invest money in retirement
>invest any extra money in index funds
>retire a 5-10 years or even more (if you start living frugally) early
>look forward to retirement in the meantime
also seek help for depression
>>
>>27691230
Maybe donate a bunch to some good charities or something? If you're not going to use it, may aswell help someone else out
I'm sure you know about all the veterans charities and stuff, maybe one of them?
>>
>>27692489
fuck that, why pay for some roastie's drugs when you could just get high yourself? get some drugs OP; booze, weed, coke, speed, whatever you're into. you'll have a much better time than any hooker could give you, for much less money
>>
File: 2012-05-19_15-44-44_870.jpg (946 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
2012-05-19_15-44-44_870.jpg
946 KB, 2048x1536
>>27691230
Start gardening.

Do you have any outdoor space? Indoor can be fine too.

With enough cash, blow some on older bonsai trees or flowers/cacti/succulents. Maybe a food garden with herbs or vegetables.

When you have enough plants, it becomes a nice challenge. There is always stuff to prune/detail/take care of. You can watch your plants grow into amazing pieces over time. Not to mention working on landscape details too. Its not as hard as you think, plenty of books online.
>>
>>27691313
>ust in a real bad rut at the moment. 2+ year dry spell of any companionship or closeness to someone
>>27692451
> Grow some balls for just once in your life.

op, what you should do is just stop being a depressed little bitch and get yourself out there. take your own advice u retarded shit and go out. parties, bars, get a a social life going, and remember

be yourself
>>
>>27691230
Pls buy me Dark Souls 3. It will make me very happy since I can't afford the game now since it doubled in price in my country
>>
save it
quit
go on a holiday
talk to people
try to meet nice people
working is shit
>>
>>27694580
oh yeah
buy a house that you own outright so you always have somewhere to live
>>
>>27691230
>>27691286
>I have all this money but no drive or desire to do anything. What the fuck do I do? Keep in mind, depression is killing my will do pick up hobbies or do anything, I'm in the ultimate funk.
>Can't take time off of work, boss has me on lock down.
Classic wagekek
>>
If you want you can send me all your savings.
>>
>>27691230
Dont brag about it , making yourself a target for bitches that are after your money.
>>
>>27691597
>>27691644
>>27691795
Not same guy but in a similar boat, I am working in a call center right now (it's fucking terrible) if I don't have 200 dollars soon I will be homeless. Long term goal is to get IT certs.
>>
Buy me some drugs dawg

Or give me money and I'll buy some for you
>>
Physically, you could do the usual antidepressant stuff like exercising, getting sunlight, having good nutrition, and/or getting drugs.
It hasn't been working very well for me, though.
>>
Give the money to me
>>
>>27691230
Give money to random people on the streets, or feed a homeless guy.
>>
start a family
>>
>>27698695
You have all that income and you haven't blown all of it on a week of prostitutes and drugs.

OP, do this. At least once.
>>
Start investing that extra money. Seriously. You may need it one day
>>
>>27698592
>>27697260
>>27696797

how mad do these faggots get when women get money for being cute lmao.
>>
>>27691230
if you give any money to these faggots, i will personally hunt you down and kick the shit out of you. you should take that stack and go to a strip club and have a party with the babes. 5 or 6 girls fighting over you and the fat betas that frequent the club will get so jealous.
>>
Get $10,000 worth of cats. You don't have to be lonely.
>>
>>27691701

Whats your body/mind like, do you have any serious injuries?

Oh and in answer to the question. Get laid. Sounds stupid but its the only thing that gets my mood up when I am depressed as shit.
>>
File: lite2xbrite.jpg (23 KB, 585x366) Image search: [Google]
lite2xbrite.jpg
23 KB, 585x366
>>27691230

Pay your child support. Buy stuff for your kids. Realize that you are depressed because you do nothing except work; you have chosen to organize your life around an activity that does not bring you any joy (nor time to figure out what brings you joy).
Spend time and money helping poor-ass, misguided teenagers in your neighborhood.
Stand on a corner with a sign that says something only you believe.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.