[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you develop a personality?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: moto.jpg (138 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
moto.jpg
138 KB, 960x540
How do you develop a personality?
>>
File: 1441004593449.png (65 KB, 506x608) Image search: [Google]
1441004593449.png
65 KB, 506x608
>>27680852
I hate to break it to you, Anon, but it's far too late for that now.
>>
File: you_can_become_him.jpg (28 KB, 600x382) Image search: [Google]
you_can_become_him.jpg
28 KB, 600x382
discover things you like and don't like. get your ass kicked a couple times, but come back later and fix whatever the problem was. find ways to understand other people's problems and stop feeling special. that's about it really.
>>
>>27680852
>develop
What do you mean by develop?

Everyone has a personality
>>
File: 8776347439834.jpg (84 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
8776347439834.jpg
84 KB, 500x482
if you weren't such a personality-less fag you'd have a personality.
>>
>>27680852
Suffer some really ego shattering experiences and have to put yourself back together a few times.
>>
>>27680852
Alsos tanding for what you believe in front of others...

I relised that liking and understanding stupid things like cars, sports and other normie shit gives you something to talk to normies and therefore some personality..
>>
>>27680974
I've had my ego shattered but I've yet to put it back together.
>>
it's too late for us, we were supposed to do this during the first 18 years of life
>>
>>27680947
>Everyone has a personality
not really
>>
>>27681407
Everyone has characteristics and qualities about themselves

therefore everyone has a personality
>>
>>27681544
and some personalities are so bland and inoffensive and unnoticeable that they barely even qualify as existing
>>
File: 1459796008156.jpg (117 KB, 938x471) Image search: [Google]
1459796008156.jpg
117 KB, 938x471
all I do is make jokes

not even funny ones

I don't know how to be sincere

sincerity is too scary, I just make jokes and act sarcastic because I'm terrified of someone ever finding out what I'm really like

I can't even hold a conversation I don't have any friends or anything

I just don't have anything to talk about, I feel like a non-person
>>
>>27681570
That's just your perspective, but in actuality every personality is unique to that person
>>
>>27681734
I've always assumed people who are constantly sarcastic and make jokes all the time are really insecure, is this true? Not even being an ass here I'm genuinely curious
>>
>>27681834
yes, very, it's an easy defense mechanism and a cheap way to make people try and like you without actually revealing your true shitty self

I'm not even that funny, I just can't be sincere about things, it's so terrifying
>>
>>27681544
But not everybody has developed those characteristics and qualities to the fullest possible extent.

You already know the answer, OP: Just bee yourself :^}
>>
get good, find something creative/competitive you can do, even at a basic level and practice, get good and you will be molded by it and find people through it.
>>
>>27681946
>developed
What the hell do you mean by develop?
You are who you are.
Either consciously decide to do things differently or don't, there is no in-between.
>>
>>27682053
>Either consciously decide to do things differently or don't
this is a pretty gross oversimplification of how the brain works
>>
>>27680852
A personality, speaking practically, is the way you interact with others. Your response to someone else's actions or words and the events that unfold because of them. You already have a personality; unless of course you have never interacted with a single human being over the course of your entire life, which even by the metrics of /r9k/ is highly unlikely. (literally impossible)

If your question is "how do I develop a more sociable personality?" Then the answer is in the question, you have to be social. If you want to be part of a conversation, then you have to contribute to it. If you want someone to do something with you, you have do something that someone else is doing. It isn't easy if your current personality is very timid and reserved, but if it is what you really want, then it has to be done.
>>
>>27682053
This is a common issue with the robots on this board. They all have the seed of a personality, but because of improper childhood socialization, many never learned how to grow their seed into a flower.
>>
I can't stand how boring I am.

I don't even have any online friends. I can't hold a conversation for a long period of time, about anything. I'm pathetic.
>>
>>27682334

I don't know what you are trying to say...

Could you give examples ?
>>
>>27682062
There have been psychological theories published that personalities are cemented somewhere between 21-25 years old, but honestly it's bullshit.

Anyone can choose to act, think, or feel differently than they currently do anytime they want and make it into habit.

It's just a matter of having the mental cognition to fully explore and accept this new characteristic or quality as part of yourself.
>>27682334
>seed of a personality
Everyone has a personality. If you're not comfortable with it, then consciously decide the change you want and cultivate it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2199x2396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2199x2396
>>27682372
About specific people? I doubt it would be much use. But generally speaking, there are those who early in life found it safer not to express all of the qualities they possessed. Doing so only brought them pain and difficulty, so they kept much hidden for so long these qualities became lost even to themselves. Getting back in touch with them is the challenge.
>>
>>27680852
Stop filtering everything you say through your autistic mind, just say it. Quick and easy personality.
>>
>>27682707

So that's whant one calls "lack of personnality" ?
>>
>>27682818
"Lack" is probably just a way of saying "undeveloped." As you say, everybody's got one. It takes effort to bring it out, for some more than others.
>>
>>27681860
for me, its not that I don't think I can, its that I don't know how I've always done what you described

yeah I'm scared too

and I have no idea how to be sincere or what to do, I posted this:

>>27681618

Just end me
>>
>>27682764

But all my thoughts are depraved, irrelevant, or esoteric
>>
>>27680852
Be attractive and let the Halo effect do the rest
>>
>>27680852
bee yourself until it becomes a habit
>>
>>27682334
How about I spray my seed all over your face normie cunt
>>
>>27682357
>I can't stand how boring I am.
>I don't even have any online friends. I can't hold a conversation for a long period of time, about anything. I'm pathetic.
Are you a girl? That would explain it.
>>
>>27682357
Hey, same here.
>Not really ugly
>Not actually autistic
>Just BORING
I don't even have a sense of humor, fuck
>>
>>27683646
I think you're confusing me for someone else
>>
>>27680852
You can't exactly develop a personality yourself. Your personality is defined by the people that surround you, the things you like/dislike, experiences, jobs, hobbies and skills etc.
If you're a NEET who is surrounded by dissappointed parents/siblings/people, one that likes things few people like commonly and has no skills, then you are generally a guy with little to no confidence, one that has no life experiences or skills and lastly, you have nothing to add to 90% of all conversations besides the ones about your hobbies or the things you like but even those are far and few inbetween so you're only good for watercooler convo's. That all translates into a boring personality.
>>
File: 1437756103758.jpg (39 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
1437756103758.jpg
39 KB, 500x386
Getting a girlfriend thread?
>inb4 normie get out reeeee
How to deal with: not knowing how to initiate conversation in school hall, not make her feel uncomfortable, make her laugh.

I like this one girl who I asked to an event on the request of one of her friends, not really sure 100% if she likes me back. I asked to get coffee and she said "sure," asked her there and she said yes.

Fast forward a week, asked her if she wants to hang out after class, she said yes. It was a bit awkward but we had conversation the whole time, albeit not very interesting. Asked her at the end of that if she'd be up to get coffee again, she said yes.

Fast forward a few days, texted her about getting coffee, but haven't gotten a reply for 3 hours now. Event I asked her to is still coming up.

How am I doing robots? How can I do better? I really want this to work but I get really nervous around her. Also, I haven't been able to make her laugh much - my understanding is that is important. We're also kind of awkward passing each other in the hallway.

Any help is appreciated, this is my very first time doing anything like this, so I'm not going on much and just doing what feels right.

Pic completely unrelated
>>
>>27683941
is there any way to fix this? I don't want to be alone
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.