[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Google
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: gucks.jpg (74 KB, 1116x628) Image search: [Google]
gucks.jpg
74 KB, 1116x628
google is recruiting me, but im hesitant to proceed. everyone i know who has went on to work for google is such a fucking special snowflake, and the services of google are just one giant invasion of privacy

so what do, robos? should i just ignore them and try to scrape together enough to stay in my $400 studio in my current city (midwest)?
>>
>>27676641
You already know the answer. You just want to come here and brag to make yourself feel better, so please proceed to leave and suck google penis.
>>
>>27676682
i dont think so. although im probably just being an unselfaware edgy piece of shit

i dont know
>>
File: 2e8.jpg (34 KB, 680x483) Image search: [Google]
2e8.jpg
34 KB, 680x483
>>27676641
I hope you realize that google has one the best job pays in world. Everyone wants to work there AND EVEN i FUCKING want to be there. Your literary an autist if you reject google.
>>
File: 1459034564219.jpg (37 KB, 338x476) Image search: [Google]
1459034564219.jpg
37 KB, 338x476
>>27676641
>privacy
let me tell you that your privacy isn't more or less protected from google when you work at google than when you use google.
you'll use it every fucking day of your life anyway

>snowflake
the #1 company on this globe woudn't risk recruiting you unless you were a pink snowflake with a crown and a QI of over 150
>>
Congrats man, say hi to moot for me.

Don't pass this up unless you have something better lined up. At least give it a shot, if you don't like it you can always go somewhere else with a stronger resume.
>>
>Caring about the privacy of retards
>Ethics above early retirement and fat stacks for waifu figs
>>
part of the issue is i handle both highly competitive atmospheres and bubbly special snowflakes very badly. last time i was around both for a prolonged period of time, i had a mental breakdown that led into a year of splitting head pain, insomnia, and continual hallucinations.

not sure what i would do with money anyway. mostly just wanna be left alone and watch anime and old scifi flicks desu

>>27676790
maybe
>>
>>27676780
>the #1 company on this globe woudn't risk recruiting you unless you were a pink snowflake with a crown and a QI of over 150
Google hires loads of people, lots of women and minorities are hired just to fill out quotas and for them to seem progressive.
>>
>>27676641
>2016
>not working for google and living in the back of a truck in the company carpark
>>
>>27677016
why would this be a thing
>>
>>27677110
Google provides showers and a gym at their big offices. They also have free food. I'm sure there was a thing were a guy who did an internship there ended up living in the office for a few months after just going round and sleeping on a spare sofa.
>>
>>27677402
Mountain View also has free city-wide wifi. This is genuinely intriguing.
>>
>>27676641
CASH MONEY, NIGGA!
GET ON IT.
>>
>>27676641
You're being recruited? I thought there was some sort of bootcamp because of how many people want to work there?
>>
>one of the most sought after wagecuck jobs on the planet
>I don't want it cause muh snowflakes
Why can't shit like this happen to me instead of OP
>>
>>27669641
>>27676641
Maybe ask these nerds, they might be able to help
>>
>>27676641
Moot? Get back to work, wakecuck!
>>
>>27676641
Why the fuck are you even thinking this, don't allow memes to interfere with your career.

If you really want to be edgy, infiltrate google and gather what you can.
>>
>>27677663
Why would you jump at a job like that. Most google employees are really hated by people in California where they are headquartered. Google has to have its own bus line because people fuck with them, also people with those google glasses get attacked pretty regularly.
>>
>>27677845
Then don't say you work for them. Just go to work play table tennis and then use it to get an awesome job somewhere else when you leave.
>>
>>27677845
I don't see how they'd be out of place in California. They're all fags there
>>
>>27677845
>Why would you jump at a job like that
Good money, benefits & prestige. And if it was shit I could get another job just by saying I worked at Google

And fuck Californians no one cares what they think
>>
Google employees are a bunch of faggot baby-dicked cucks. Just stating the facts.
>>
File: 1428613593873.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1428613593873.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>27676641
as someone who hates google with a burning passion

do it, you'll be kicking yourself if you don't take this opportunity man.

maybe some day you'll be in a position where you can fire paul cohen or something
>>
>>27676641
well i hear google pays a lot of money....... i would take it if i had chance
>>
File: 128764321.jpg (474 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
128764321.jpg
474 KB, 1280x720
>>27677110
it's what they want you to do
they have gyms and showers and restaurants and beds at the office so you never ever leave the office ever
and because you're there and young, they're counting on you staying and working without overtime, it's expected

google is no different than any other first job, they expect you to come in all stary eyed and work your ass off until they burn you out and then they get a new set of kids straight out of uni

but chances are you didn't get an offer, they recruited you and gave you a couple interviews and you're hoping to come here and brag about it
I got interviews there, like 4 of the seniors in my class did too
hell, even one of the girls was convinced she was gonna get a job there and started planning out her life, gave up applying everywhere else and wouldn't shut up about how "girls are just better programmers" before we all found out she never got an offer and she was lying out her ass
>>
>>27679106
sounds comfy, wish I could be enslaved by google.
>>
>>27679106
this is helpful, thank you.
>>
>implying Google hasn't read your post
>standing on meme principle to turn down a lucrative career offer
>coming to 4chan for advice on anything

Keep living your shitty life, frogposting on a Nigerian goat herding forum. Who needs job security and quality of life, amirite?
>>
You can work together with moot

He was hired by Google as well

I'd love to work for Google you should lay your aspie concerns about "Big scary Google" invading our privacy to rest and see the amazing opportunity your offered. I would feel honored to work for such an amazing company
>>
>>27679210
hi goggle its me you probably werent going ot hire me anyway so no sweat xDD
>>
Now you can start posting pop-sci articles and talking about "making the world a better place :)" on your social media accounts.

One of my childhood friends works for Google in the midwest now and does this. All employees that work at a popular tech company like to fellate themselves like Mark Zuckerberg.
>>
>>27676641
dont do it
its not worth being part of the monster
having money doesnt make you happy
just find another way to comfortably exist
>>
>>27679379
>>27679431
nice. you guys wanna share an apartment with me somewhere?
>>
>>27679507
I'm guessing you mean the Chicagoland, famalam? Sure, if you get us a three bedroom in wrigleyville.
>>
>>27676641
Go for it. It is always better to regret what you done than what you haven't and also if you go there it is easier for you get back but when you refuse you propably never get chance to work for google. And also google is great don't talk shut about my favourite corporation you lucky Bastard.
>>
Do it

Money doesn't fix everything, but anything money can't fix is unfixable

You're not advancing the global invasion of privacy. That's just a fact of the world now and you may as well profit off it if you can
>>
>>27680546
I think you maybe meant: Money doesn't fix everything, but somethings are only fixed by money.

I hope? Please?
>>
hey idiot, have you considered giving it a shot then quitting if you don't like it? it's a thing you know. also an insider would be useful in the event of some sort of happening involving them
>>
$400 studio apartment?

What city do you live in?
>>
google is going to know you made this post and retract the offer dipshit
>>
File: 1459787758042.jpg (92 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1459787758042.jpg
92 KB, 500x667
>>27676641
you're going to go through 10 phases of recruitment only to be assigned in adsense call support
>>
>>27676641
Take the job, build up a nice little cache of compromising information, then leak it.

I believe in you anon. You could be the Snowden of Google - but since they're not a government, they can't chase you worldwide with anywhere near as much ease.
>>
Fuck off, moot.
Tell mook to take off this fucking robot please.
>>
google is just a fucking search engine, so what.

i was using ask jeeves back in the day google was non existant.

fuck sergey brin
>>
>>27681024
that would simplify things tbqh

>>27681033
not an offer. if it was an offer, then sure why not. i dont really feel like spending all the time to go through the three separate days of interviews

>>27681049
oh fugg you god me ids me mood xxDDDd
>>
>>27676790
>retards
They'll drag you down with them.

Either you save the shitbeetle, or the entire local ecosystem collapses.
>>
>>27681156
>i dont really feel like spending all the time to go through the three separate days of interviews
consider it a public service
or if you're completely unwilling to play traitor, take the interviews just to fuck with them.
>>
>>27681006
im mood i live in moods house is where i live xDD
>>
>>27681199
>take the interviews just to fuck with them.
to be clear, that suggestion is "have fun acting silly during the interview to waste their time and amuse yourself" not "take it so you can fuck with them later", i wasn't suggesting the same thing twice.
>>
>>27677912
>prestige.
That's a logical fallacy. There's nothing prestigious about being hated.
>>
>>27681199
i mean i guess if i dont at all feel like doing interviews, i should just do them without prepping

i worry that once i start the process ill get google aids and wont be able to stop sugging the google dig
>>
>>27681156
>not an offer
then you will probably not get the offer, but try anyways I guess
google policy is
>recruit/application sent in
>they email you and you take an online coding test
>first round of interviews, online 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 followed by them giving you harder coding tests
>second round of interviews at google building, same as the first, but harder, with more focused groups and harder problems and questions
>final review of everyone who made it this far internally
>call for an offer

I made it as far as the first interview and I can tell you each step takes about a month or two and shaves off about 20% of people at every step
>>
Literally why not, they pay well from what I hear and aren't as autocratic as other employers.
>>
>>27681261
i know duh recruidmen proddez beguz im applying dear dummy xDD

i know i probably wond ged duh odder bud i don eden wanna ubbly beguz google sugs xxDDd

>>27681284
beguz id radder die yung and wid my wagecug boipuddy somewhud still indact (some odder combanies hab already broggen my boipuddy haimen xxxD) den old and bich but wid a dorn up boipuddy bum wagecugging
>>
>>27676641
Fucking do it. It's good that you can go into it with a critical mindset, yet don't let that turn you into "that guy" - being "rebellious" and speaking shit about your employer does not go over well (whining about how incompetent other departments are does go over well though).

Just observe for 3 months and form your own opinions.

And oh, welcome to Dilbert. It's not satire, it is documented reality. Every single Dilbert strip is a manual into how corporations actually function. Every single Dilbert punchline has been said by someone, somewhere.

Expect to have to care about budget, line management, and seeing your hard work getting thrown away because someone higher up killed your project.

Sorry, just stream-of-consciousnessing.

Source: I work in a huge IT company and it has made me jaded, bitter, and bad at programming.
>>
>>27681385
wud aboud oddice base?? i lige oddice bas alod xDD
>>
>>27676641
do it, and then kill the fucking whoreson that is responsible that the chrome browser on android cannot play youtube videos in the background.
>>
>>27681415
Just realized you didn't actually get an offer but simply a call to some low-level interview and came on to brag. Don't worry, you'll never make it. I feel stupid that I fell for you feeble troll attempt.
>>
I don't like startup culture plus you better get used to smelling indians
>>
>some 20 year old fag thinks he's gonna get a job at google and comes here
>acts like a fag and shitposts when people actually reply
never change r9k you shithole
saged and reported
>>
File: ohfugidedexdee.webm (767 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ohfugidedexdee.webm
767 KB, 640x360
oh doe dey eard i made dis dread ad dow deyre burdering me xDD

buy gides xxDDD
>>
I find that companies like Amazon/Google invariably
a) are initially extremely lazy about intern candidate selection, and put it off way too late (which flies in the face of the "get shit done" corporate culture they're trying to project)
b) expect you to put up with a two-month grilling session (which can end up preventing you from taking other jobs and/or take a bite out of your work term)
Basically, the interview process for these companies is tailored towards people who just really want to impress grandma, and will stop at nothing to work for a name-brand corporation (Asians). They could probably do just as well somewhere else with less effort.
They're like those kids that want to be in the NHL, except instead of dreaming about slamming into people and hearing millions of people chanting their name they dream about sitting in a cubicle punching a keyboard for 16 hours a day.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.