[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so difficult to find a job that isn't the worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: that_feel_when_tear.png (29 KB, 640x753) Image search: [Google]
that_feel_when_tear.png
29 KB, 640x753
Why is it so difficult to find a job that isn't the worst thing ever? I know there are at least some wagecucks here, so tell me, what is it you do? Do you like it?

I've been working as a resteraunt cook the last few months since I can't pass a drug test and I'm getting sick of how fast paced it is around lunch and dinner time. I don't know if I'm cut out for it but I'm not sure where else to go. I really want to do something a bit laid back I just don't know what to look for. Every thing hiring is in some kind of department store of resteraunt. Or requires way more experience than I have in a field I haven't worked in. How do/did you robots find something decent?
>>
The only job that isn't sucks is the one you love doing. I'm a packager - a souless and stupid job, but again, I have nothing that I like doing so any job would be bad in different degrees.
>>
>>27602816
Get a security license and apply to be a nightguard somewhere. They always look for nightguards since normies don't want to have nightshifts but a robot can just sit on his ass all night doing whatever.
>>
>>27602881
>tfw hated every job I had
>tfw can't explore to many fields because drug screens
Fug.

>>27602905
I remember playing Call of Duty 4 with a guy back in the day who was a night guard. He'd apparently set up an Xbox out there and played while sitting in his little booth at a junk yard or something. He'd leave every so often to walk around and check stuff out but it did seem like a pretty neat job.
>>
>>27602905

Security isn't always fun. I'm "security" but really a shipping clerk. My company is so desperate to please client they let them add more and more responsibilities to our job. So before you take it get a good idea exactly what your job would entail.
>>
>>27603620
This kind of thing annoys the piss out of me. When I started working where I do our responsibilities were annoying but well laid out. Now suddenly they've changed around how we do almost every thing and added a whole new list of cleaning responsibilities for us to do just 'cause. There should be a rule against just making up extra shit.
>>
I'm a teaching assistant at a primary school in the UK.

The job's pretty easy. I basically work with kids on Maths and English in the morning, then piss about with them in the afternoon. Looking to get a job closer to home soon, but I'm pretty happy at the job at the moment.

The only thing I hate is getting up at 8 o clock to go to work. I fucking hate getting up early- on my days off I'm not out of bed till half 10.
>>
>>27603515
Stop doing drugs until you get a good job?
>>
I would be willing to go to any (decent) country to work if they paid me the travel and any other basic expenses since I can't afford them myself but noone seems to do that

Come on just put it on debt or something you shits I'll pay later
>>
>>27602832
Drink as much as you can stomach. Upwards of 4 bottles. But desu you could still live. The human body is tenacious and can withstand major damage. It depends on your body for the most part. But like others said, you have chosen a very inefficient method.
I'd suggest seeking help before all else, you are wasting a great deal.
And remember your death will be worthless due to your organs being completely useless to others after being trashed.
First suggestion to you, stay off of this board.
>>
>>27605223
There was a month or so span where I was looking at maybe going to College for primary education, but then every single teacher I mentioned it to said how awful teaching was and how underpaid I'd end up. That effectively killed my short little dream. I can empathize about getting up early too, if I'm up before 8am it's because I'm still awake from the night before. Lol

>>27605275
I would, and this is going to sound like a cop-out because it really is, but my buddy comes back for summer vacation in about a month and ALL we do is smoke and play vidya either at my place or his brother's. So I'll definitely be spending this last summer with them before I move getting high constantly. This means I'd really only be sober for about a week where I could look for something else.

I'm actually sitting in the bathroom at work right now looking at jobs online but there is almost nothing on indeed. Is there anywhere else online that's not too shady as far as job postings go? I've heard monster thrown around a few times.
>>
>>27602816
I'm an account manager for a place that makes healthcare-related tech. I spend most of my time talking to and arguing with doctors and their staff. I travel around a lot, which I don't really like. But I love my job--it's extraordinarily satisfying. It also pays just-under six figures.

Here are the five things you need, to get virtually-any job:
1) Good, written-communication skills
2) Appear presentable and wear a suit
3) A college degree (in anything; no one cares what your undergrad was)
4) To smile
5) Be male and white

And done--you're employable virtually-anywhere.
>>
>>27605969
>Be male

how's life in the mid-90s?
>>
>>27606004
It's still ridiculously true. Walk into any company, and about 75% of middle-management position at around $50-$90k will be held by white men.
>>
>>27605915
Oh don't get me wrong. I was a teacher for a while, and it was awful. Constant regulations, up all night marking work, planning lessons nonstop. Education was fucking abysmal.

That's why I got into the teaching ASSISTANT game. Much less hassle, you just go in, work with the kids, maybe do some light school admin, and get on your way. It pays a lot less, but you're never stressed like you are as a teacher.

I should probably mention that I'm the only male member of staff in a school of 40+ women
>>
>>27605969
But I have had a stutter since birth. Who would want to employ a guy that can't speak properly?
>>
I work as a security guard and it's honestly the best decision I've ever made. It's a take-it-easy job with no hassles, no exhaustion, none of that shit.

Yes, I have to patrol and occasionally "chase the bad guys", but the latter happens once or twice a year at most.

Go with security, OP. Most gigs won't have you doing much, as most large businesses hire security only to lower their insurance costs.
>>
I'm an architectural engineer. I would love this work, but the office I work at is very small and I'm the only male there. Those females, holy shit.. every day is like a nightmare.

and because I have some mental problems, I don't really want to switch workplaces.
>>
>>27605969
>tfw dropped out of College so only high school diploma
F-four out of five isn't bad right?

>>27606087
Is the pay enough to live on? Or is it more supplementary level income?

>>27606932
This security guard thing is sounding better and better. How much do you guys make? I'm sure it varies place to place but it'd be cool to get an idea.
This thread makes me wonder how many random security guards I've seen over the years have secretly been robots.

>>27606951
God I kind of know a similar feel. The fucking stress and anxiety that comes with going around looking for jobs makes me want to hide under a fucking blanket for the rest of my life.
>>
>>27606932
Seconded. Security guard work is one of few potentially acceptable robot min wage jobs that are realistic to get. Although, it can be tricky finding one where you're left alone.
>>
>>27607425
Sadly it's typically a low-paying job. $8-10 an hour is the average, but some gigs offer up to $20 if the job is particularly high-risk, such as personal bodyguard duty or guarding anything in Detroit.
>>
>>27602816
Depending where you live, Temp. Services are nice, I work a simple job through one. Just tell them what you're looking for and they try their best to match you to something you can do. If not, you tell them whatever they assigned you to isn't working for whatever reason and they try to fnd something else for you. It really isn't that hard.
>>
>>27607425
It's just enough to live on. I only do 25 hours a week, which is 5 hours a day. It's not the best wage ever, but if I'm careful with how I spend money, its liveable on.
>>
>>27604667
In real counties (not clapistan) there are such rules
>>
>>27605915
Yeah bro that is a cop out. You get get drunk, trip acid, roll face, snort coke etc with ur bro and it wouldn't show so just skip the weed for a month?

Normally I wouldn't recommend replacing it with other drugs but you aren't even trying to quit, just taking a break hypothetically for a few months

Tbqh sounds like you just don't want a different job very badly
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.