[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are some people just destined for mediocrity, or worse? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1450597869783.jpg (33 KB, 1008x720) Image search: [Google]
1450597869783.jpg
33 KB, 1008x720
Are some people just destined for mediocrity, or worse?

I've never been good at anything in my life, I've never had friends, I've never had an impact on anyone's life, I have no motivation or ambition or passion for anything and I don't know why. I'm too proud to be a NEET and too lazy to be a wageslave.

When I was a kid, and they'd ask what you wanted to do when you grew up, I never had an answer. I assumed I would figure it out with time. Now at age 20 I still don't know what I want to do. I just don't care enough about anything.

I don't want to settle for an unhappy unsatisfying life but I have no idea what satisfies me. I don't remember feeling satisfied ever.
>>
Existential crisis. Kill yourself or learn yourself
>>
>>27531314
I think about suicide often but ultimately I'm too much of a coward.

If I had time travel powers I would abort myself.
>>
>>27531285
Are you me? Except when I was a kid, I have a "goal" job. ANd when time passed, it slowly went away. I got depressed. I didn't know what I wanted to be. I grew up not knowing what I wanted. I suspect it's because of years of mental abuse. But really, who can tell. I have this mother who takes care of me but mentally abuses me. I don't know who to blame. I don't know who to talk to. I have friends but they really won't understand. I just wish that I just disappear. To not exist anymore.
>>
>>27531343
go on the darknet and put a hit on yourself

quick painless death and you won't see it coming
>>
I wish someone would just give me a purpose. I want someone to tell me "this is what you have to do, this is what you are good at and what you're made to do". I'm too aimless.
>>
>>27531548
This is what you have to do, Get a job, earn money to buy shit you like and that's it. Even though you're still sad atleast you have something you like.
>>
>>27531605
But I feel like having to work 50+ hours a week just to do the things you like isn't worth it. And money can't fill the void. It obviously helps, but you'll never have friends or love if you just slave away and then go home and buy things.
>>
File: 1459333884026.jpg (83 KB, 636x856) Image search: [Google]
1459333884026.jpg
83 KB, 636x856
See >>27506583
That's only what I think. Don't fool yourself and insist that you can't improve, though. Many of us cling to excuses and self-defeating attitudes so that we can continue to feel a loving pity for ourselves.
>>
>>27531669
I know. I'm currently looking for a job. I know that I can't have it all but atleast if ever I get a job, I can upgrade my PC for maximum shitposting capability and it helps mask my depression.
>>
>>27531285
Try to determine what yields the most pleasure in life, or what prospect keeps you sticking around. Make a living on it or do simple work while you devote yourself to that "passion" on the side, if that's tolerable.
>>
File: happy poor.jpg (30 KB, 325x400) Image search: [Google]
happy poor.jpg
30 KB, 325x400
>>27531285
>Are some people just destined for mediocrity, or worse?
Yup.
About 85% of everyone is mediocre or worse. That is just how it is.
>at age 20 I still don't know what I want to do
So what? FFS, you've only been out of primary education about 20 months!
People change careers in their 30's, 40's, 50' ALL THE TIME.
You don't have to have it all figured out and lined up at 16.

>I don't want to settle for an unhappy unsatisfying life
False dichotomy. You don't have to be way above it all to be happy or satisfied. You don't have to have everything figured out to be happy and satisfied.
You are freaking out over nothing.
>>
>>27531819
How does one make a living off shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>27531440
Why do you let your mother abuse you? What do you mean by "mental abuse"?
>>
>>27531903
kek shitpost mercenary
>>
>>27531903
It's something beneath the skin of shitposting, probably. The illusion of friendship, belonging, laughing and making others to laugh. That's up to you, though; I'm not in your head.
>>
I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up and now I'm a cleaner. It's not an extravagant job but I'm completely OK with it, especially after having my hand at retail.
>>
>>27531938
She used to beat me up when I was a child for something I did wrong. My father too used to. The beatings were really hard that I used to beg her to stop. Everything I did was wrong. She doesnt hurt me physically anymore now that I'm 23. Going away and living alone isn't the norm here so I have no choice but to live with my parents. I don't really know what happened that made her stop. What I meant by mental abuse is, she'll say something or do something that doesn't make any sense. About 2 months ago, I was not feeling really good and so I was really weak. I wasn't able to answer her when she asked me or something. Then out of no where she was crying while telling me that I'm the only one who can fix my self. And she made it about her self. It's this kind of shit is what I'm saying about "mental abuse".
>>
>>27531895
>People change careers in their 30's, 40's, 50' ALL THE TIME.
This is not a matter of "I wanted to do this and now I want to do this". This is a matter of "I don't want to do anything because I'm lazy and incompetent and constantly exhausted."
>>
>>27531548
>"this is what you have to do, this is what you are good at and what you're made to do"

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is not real m8
>>
>>27531982
the captchetta man
>>
>>27532270
I wish it was, Anon. I could have done what Simon did.
>>
if we lose the fight ~
armageddon will finally tell ~
burn in hell ~
there will be no after ~
be no other day ~

youtube.com/watch?v=q_HxvojfiUw
>>
>>27532145
Anon, that's horrible. I'm sorry to hear that. You need to get out of there, really.
>>
>>27531464
>quick and painless hit on yourself
>yourself
>wont see it coming

Git fukt
>>
>>27532181
>Implying it's always a matter of "I wanted to do this and now I want to do this instead" for older people

It's not that simple.
>>
File: lxoyPFi.jpg (97 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
lxoyPFi.jpg
97 KB, 1600x900
>>27531285
Read Fight Club my man
>>
>>27534853
If I continue to feel the way I do now, I'm not going to make it to old age.
>>
test don't mind me blox
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.