[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wageslaves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
What's it like being a wageslave?

Not joking, I'm not a NEET, I just inherited a large sum of money and have never have and never will have to work in my entire life.

I just can't imagine what it must be like working 8 hours a day for 5 days a week for someone else. Making someone else a fortune just so you can take home enough to get by. It's just alien to me.

Is it as bad as it sounds or do NEETs exaggerate?
>>
Honestly it really depends. If you get a job doing something you are interested in, it can be very fulfilling and rewarding. If you work in a shitty environment for shitty pay just because you have to, of course you will have a bad time.

What do you plan to do with your free time, OP?
>>
>>27457223
>Is it as bad as it sounds or do NEETs exaggerate?
more than that the threads are bullshit. if you call them out on anything its "LOL WAGEKEK MAD"

I work as a machinist and its alright, I Just listen to NPR while running a machine from 8 to 4
>>
>>27457223
Well first off, it's usually much more than 8 hours, especially if you add up time spent preparing for and commuting to work. It's pretty much the most dehumanizing and pathetic existence imaginable, but the only alternative is starving to death in a cold alley somewhere.
>>
>>27457259
Mostly travel a few times a year and spend the rest of my time playing videogames with friends. Basically my day to day life hasn't changed much since highschool except more time for videogames and constantly banging hot girls
>>
>>27457322
That's cool I guess. I kind of lost interest in video games at 19. Hoping you will too and find a labor of love worthy of a human being to dedicated yourself to as opposed to perpetual hedonism.
>>
asdsd
>>
>>27457223

yeah it's as bad as it sounds and I fucking hate it, but I'm unwilling to take up the NEET lifestyle at a cost to someone else so I wage away
>>
Wageslaves: Have money, don't have any time/energy to enjoy life

NEETs: Don't have money, have time, enjoyment may be hamstrung by boredom
>>
File: crawling.gif (623 KB, 360x263) Image search: [Google]
crawling.gif
623 KB, 360x263
>>27457223
I unironically made this thread >>27448139
because:
A) I'm starved of all intimacy and sexual attention
B) I never want to sell out my soul and become a wagecuck zombie for shekelschneider
>>
>>27457289

yeah for real. I count the "work day" as the entire portion of the day that gets fucked by me needing to be at work in proper condition.

>Wake up at 630 am
>get ready for day, shower, get dressed, eat, coffee
>30 minute commute to office
>730 am day starts, check email, blah blah blah
>1200 pm, lunch til 1
>1-430 pm more work, unless some fuckwit calls a late day meeting and makes us stay, sometimes as late as 530
>30 minute commute home
>Get home exhausted, hit or miss as to whether I feel up to doing anything. If I feel motivated, I'll cook and eat dinner and then work on school/write some code. If I don't feel motivated, I'll order some junk food and sit on the couch semi watching tv or get drunk and play vidya

I basically only am happy on Friday nights and saturdays. I spend all of Sunday doing chores and dreading another week of shit. If I was certain that this is going to continue longer than another couple years i would kill myself. $75k a year and it sure as fuck doesn't buy happiness
>>
>>27457223
>Doing nothing
>your whole life
Have fun I guess
>>
neets are like the opposite of wagecucks.

If you inherited money and no longer work you're a neet.
>>
>>27458197
basically this. both have it pretty bad, all things considered.

personally i think NEETs have it worse, but that's just me
>>
>I just can't imagine what it must be like working 8 hours a day for 5 days a week for someone else. Making someone else a fortune just so you can take home enough to get by. It's just alien to me.

That is a very naive way of looking at working.

Some people do jobs where getting paid for them is secondary to the work.
>>
File: 1456174787476.jpg (63 KB, 400x602) Image search: [Google]
1456174787476.jpg
63 KB, 400x602
I hope my struggle for happiness helps, thanks in advance for reading my blog. I haven't slept, so it might be somewhat incoherent. Here is what I've done/been doing in order to find a career I would enjoy:

>spend time evaluating personal interests, hobbies, passions
>look up companies that align with values, have a good company culture, have products that I believe in
>room for advancement that would be limitless through the parent company, if I decided that one of their smaller companies wasn't for me
>but most importantly, that I would enjoy waking up and going to work.
>find out the company structure, data and metrics on their products, founding and in-depth details on everything possible

next:
>find out internships that the company offers
>start talking to people about my goals, what I want to do (I know this can be bad, demotivates you from your goal)
>know that I will find someone that will give me an 'in' with the company
>colleague refers me to a executive
>start finding out what role I would fulfill within the company
>write articles about the strategies and tactics of the desired branch
>internships, volunteer experience, work experience within the same field
>going to conferences, networking and making sure I know as much about the application process as possible

The exec got me an interview for an internship, but I did not get it. I've had more experience since then, but that attempt gained me valuable knowledge. There are 2 things that I would not have known (nor would you be able to find out online) that would more or less result in not getting the job. Only found these things out from people that are with the company now. My point being do your homework, and work hard to find somewhere that you will love. My journey has taken a few years, but it will be worth it.

qt for reading this
>>
>>27457223
>I just can't imagine what it must be like working 8 hours a day for 5 days a week for someone else.

Because every job falls into that category amirite guiz
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.