[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mental disorders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 15
File: md.jpg (15 KB, 250x314) Image search: [Google]
md.jpg
15 KB, 250x314
do you have a mental disorder and how you live with it?
>>
>>27275260
I must have some reason for being a NEET piece of trash
>>
>>27275260
Aspergers, ADHD, and Depression. Inherited all three from both my parents.

I don't really cope it, I'm just a schizoid.
>>
Depression.
I don't live with it.
I'm completely dead inside.
>>
>>27275359
sounds a bit to much
tell me about your parents
i'm a schizoid 2
>>
Asperger's. I have no other choice but to live with it.
>>
>>27275260
I'm sure pretty much everyone here has avoidant personality disorder

I haven't been diagnosed with anything other than IBS because I'm too afraid to go to a doctor
>>
>>27275620
well i suppose so....... but what kind of problems do you handle for it?
>>
Probably depression and anxiety. I hate myself and stress over every moment of social interaction in my past.
>>
>>27275688
Well, there's obviously things such as general social anxiety. In my case, in terms of actual problems, I've always been the black sheep of the crowd. You're always different from everyone, no matter what you do.
>>
>>27275653
that's horrible anon
>>
File: 464564664.jpg (467 KB, 1450x1549) Image search: [Google]
464564664.jpg
467 KB, 1450x1549
>>27275260
Aspergers, Behavioral Problem and Anti Social Personality disorder tendancy.

Lot of people get on my nerve.
>>
>>27275653
Laughing my ass off. 60-70% of the board is some sort of normalfag, failed/failing or successful. A decent amount of social anxiety and social phobia here though, but AvPD is on another level (which is why these different diagnoses exist in the first place).
>>
>>27275716
well I'm a schizoid so i feel the same but i chose to feel like that
>>
Can't remember the exact diagnosis, but it's a depression-related disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and high-functioning autism. As it turns out, therapy is helpful.
>>
>>27275764
Ah. Welp. you don't choose to be an aspie,
>>
>>27275771
How do you end up getting diagnosed? I can't even imagine going to my doctor and telling him any of my problems that aren't physical.
>>
Schizoaffective disorder - bipolar type. I cope with antipsychotics and antidepressants. They work somewhat because my episodes are fewer and farther between, but I had an episode today.
>>
Not gonna self diagnose like some kinda woman but I'm not right

>how do you live with it?
By not making any long term plans, my therapist says think about where you'll be in 5, 10, 15, 20 years

Why do people think there is anything wrong with doing the same thing for your whole life? This isn't a game where you level up after grinding, I'm content being a total loser
>>
>>27275746
how do you calm down when someone really "get on your nerve"?
>>
>>27275822
That's what a psychiatrist is man. A doctor for your mind.
>>
Tourette and ADHD
Can't stand still (And normies notice it)
Talk alone/Scream alone
Get a lot of sudden urges
Attention Span is absolute garbage
Coprolalia was very common when I was younger, now I can control it somewhat
>>
>>27275845
I retired myself in a corner or usually listen to music. Trying to refrain myself from showing too much anger so I become passive aggressive,
>>
>>27275864
I might have mild autism too as I used to tip toe a lot but I'm self aware enough to stop doing it
>>
Social Anxiety Disorder.

I don't get anxious much anymore, but being at school triggers it.
>>
>>27275827
what is an episode?
like what happens to you, what you do, what you see or feel?.........in general
>>
>>27275928
Today, I was extremely Hyperactive, homicidal, and overly-perceptive. You know how you sometimes see a cloud or a car and it looks like it has a face? I was seeing that in everything. I was also seeing words written in things that had no writing. I was really jittery too and wanted to kill someone for sport because it would be satisfying and comforting. These feelings passed in a few hours though.
>>
Aspergers and psychopathy. I spend a lot of time alone. I know all the stores that use self check outs and only go to those ones. I know in the back of my mind I was programmed not to be a part of society.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 320x240
I often fantasize about 4chan threads that don't exist. Entire lines of dialogue, shitposts, gets, and images. I sometimes giggle to myself like an idiot if its funny. Some weeks I'm in my head threads more than this site. Is this website a mental disorder?
>>
BPD. I get triggered like a tumblrina. There's not much that can be done when the salt reaches critical mass except internalize it. Put on your deal with it sunglasses. Self harm doesn't work, neither does talking it out.
>>
>>27275988
how do you know you are a "psychopathy"?
>>
>>27275864
wow tourette is pretty robotic, I'm sorry about that
>>
>>27275855
Forget psychiatrist.
They just throw label on everything a bit off the norm in society. I never believed these guys.
>>
File: 1453623441302.jpg (35 KB, 460x631) Image search: [Google]
1453623441302.jpg
35 KB, 460x631
clinical depression and social/general anxiety. It has been the very bane of my existence.
>>
>>27276004
It happens to me the same thing but in real life,
I imagine talking to people that i know and i end up talking to my self and lol
>>
Migranes, GAD and Panic Disorder, Not on any medication so I get screwed over daily. WEnt to my friends house and hung out with his parents and had a full blown out panic attack. Time to lock myself in my room again.
>>
>>27276057
I have all the traits and it runs in my family. I contemplate becoming some crime lord all the time.
>>
>>27275260
No reason to immediately go for "disorder" just because your stats are different. Some have higher DEX, others have higher INT. Just because I like to be alone more than others doesn't mean some psy-guy has to examine me in order to justify his voodoo degree

Just call it schizoid personality type
>>
File: 1418264043581.jpg (73 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1418264043581.jpg
73 KB, 900x900
>>27276151
>Migraines
does that count

just aspergers for me which means your depressed anxious and never fit in
>>
OCD. It's fucking annoying but I'm working on it, therapy is actually really helping. Refuse to take medicine because fuck that shit, I've heard too many horror stories from anons here about how awful the side affects and withdrawals can be.
>>
What if the crazy people were the sane one ?
>>
>>27276327
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest...
>>
File: Shinji exasperated.png (87 KB, 250x336) Image search: [Google]
Shinji exasperated.png
87 KB, 250x336
>>27275260
Schizotypal Personality Disorder with Primarily Obsessive OCD.

I don't deal with it because I don't have time and don't think any therapy will help.

I want off this wild ride.
>>
>>27276310
>Migranes
Dude when I get a panic attack it feels like my brain is internally bleeding and i'm going nuts. The first few times I got it I was convinced I was going to the shrink.
>>
>>27276151
Forgot Depersonalization/Derealization
>>
File: zizek.png (119 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
zizek.png
119 KB, 500x281
>>27275260

Tranny

One day at a time with the knowledge I may one day afford thousands of dollars worth of surgeries in order to feel more content with my body.

Pls no bully /r9k/ I'm feeling vulnerable
>>
>>27277025
I do not understand why you feel vulnerable
>>
>>27276321
what kind of therapy. i do cbt and its achieving fuck all

>>27276820
i get blind spots that get progressively worse until im basically blind and then the sharp tabbing pain comes and no position make it better. i usually try to sleep it off but lying down makes the pain worse
>>
I must have something, otherwise life wouldn't be this horrible.

Too bad my parents thought psychologists were satanic and now that I'm an adult I have no form of transportation or willingness to go.
>>
File: polpolice.png (131 KB, 2000x1305) Image search: [Google]
polpolice.png
131 KB, 2000x1305
>>27277025
you know what to do, degenerate
>>
File: 1381462910168.jpg (54 KB, 610x406) Image search: [Google]
1381462910168.jpg
54 KB, 610x406
Borderline Personality Disorder that has culminated in depression.
I barely live with it all.
When I'm not slogging through my 2 jobs I'm at home asleep browsing the internet or playing vidya to keep my brain from thinking.
Otherwise I just focus in on how shit my life is and I start thinking about killing myself.
I wish I could read like I used to but I barely can focus anymore.
I'm quitting one of my jobs to free up time though, to see a therapist, go see a college counselor.
Supposedly.
>>
File: schizophrenic.jpg (14 KB, 434x326) Image search: [Google]
schizophrenic.jpg
14 KB, 434x326
>>27275260
schizophrenia
am in a program for schizos its not to bad
I am looking for neet bux and am probably going live off neet bux when my grandma dies
>>
File: EroticNaziFetishism.jpg (34 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
EroticNaziFetishism.jpg
34 KB, 460x276
>>27277064

I just do. I'm sensitive okay?

>>27277108

Can I hide in your attic?
>>
>>27277025
are you already on hormones? are you starting to look like the gender you feel like?
>>
>>27277414

I've been on hormones for over 5 years now. I pass fine irl, but I'm not satisfied looking like an androgynous 6/10 girl. Also I need my balls chopped off asap because testosterone is slowly killing me, but I can't afford it.
>>
>>27275260
AVPD, social anxiety

>how do you live with it?
I don't. I only ever go outside if I absolutely have to and it's so difficult. I take long to get ready, part of it is being incredibly insecure about how I look/dress and the other part is me stalling having to go out for as long as possible which is why I'm usually tardy. I just don't like people looking at me.
>>
>>27276004
I had a dream about browsing here while my laptop was broken.
>>
>>27275907
>I did this for most of my childhood

Fucked up the back of my legs muscles, Its painful to be standing flat so I have to stretch constantly

Possible I have mild autism/paranoid schizophrenia
>>
File: 1458096647876.jpg (16 KB, 474x456) Image search: [Google]
1458096647876.jpg
16 KB, 474x456
>>27277618
>tranny
>tripfag

who would have guessed?
>>
>>27277686

Yeah yeah, gimme attention etc etc this has been established already
>>
>>27277777
who got the get? BLOX ORIGNINAL FUCK TDA BAT
>>
>>27277618
You don't actually pass as well as you think/people tell you that you do, you're unmistakably male.
>>
>>27277074
>CBT

Same. I don't know, it's really working for me. It's only been a few months but I'm already seeing noticeable progress. It's very relieving.
>>
>>27277924

Ye okay anon, I totally believe you and everything
>>
>>27278070
I'm just being honest with you, dude.
>>
>>27277618
>>27278070
time to post pictures to back (that ass) up your claims
>>
>>27278162

I'm going to bed. There are plenty of pictures of me on desustorage for you to fap over.

>>27278142

Sorry dude bro man bro I didn't know we were tight irl I totally believe for realsies now bro man dude thanks for the totally honest unbiased unsolicited advice dude.
>>
>>27278306
Holy shit he's fucking mad.
Freak.
>>
Paranoid Schizophrenia

Can't cope with it at all.
>>
>>27278306

god damn

i'd say you pass, but you hide your eyes a lot so you're cheating

anyway you could get it
>>
OCD. I haven't even tried fighting it. Every so often a voice comes in my head and says "whatever you do, don't do that" and I've been coping with it by totally succumbing
>>
File: 1450483172244.gif (75 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1450483172244.gif
75 KB, 180x180
maybe, but I don't have the money to go to a psychiatrist.
>>
Aspergers, possibly Tourette's, severe anxiety, severe depression, likely agoraphobia, minor-moderate depersonalization, moderate-severe OCD, probably an inferiority complex and co-dependent issues.
I don't, really. Right now in waiting to see a psychiatrist at a place that told me they had experience wih autistic adults, then said they only handle autistic children. I can't believe there's jo fucking psychiatrists with experience handling autistic adults. And if the meds don't help or make it worse I don't know what I'll do. If my meltdowns get much worse I might end up a NEET, stuck in poverty and doomed to live with my controlling, emasculating mother for the rest of my life. I just want to be normal, and unbroken again.
>>
File: index.png (2 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
index.png
2 KB, 205x246
Is constant sleep paralysis a mental disorder?
>>
>>27278873
Yes. I'm both asleep and paralyzed as we speak.
>>
>>27278903
Why are you poking fun at me?
>>
> Often hear sounds and voices that are not there.
> Always think somebody is out to get me or people are talking behind my back.
> Think Im being haunted by a number, makes me very suspicious when I see it.
> Dont care for social relations but at the same time yearn for them every waking moment.
> Cant sleep at night, tired during day for about 3 months now
> suicidal for about 2 months now

I dont know, you tell me. I dont want to be one of those self-diagnosed twats but I still feel I should get myself checked.
>>
>>27275260
I live with it/them by ignoring them and stretching how far I can still go by using alcohol and other drugs. But at some point I need a break regularly. It's like I can work and function for three weeks but I need a week of time for myself to deal with everything mentally.
>>
>>27278932
Because "constant sleep paralysis" sounded like a joke somehow, this is 4chan after all.
If you really experience something like that then it's definitely not normal but since I don't know the causes for sleep paralysis you should seek professional help.
>>
Specific Anxiety Disorder, depression, avoidant personality disorder, I try to ignore it w/ antidepressants and weed
>>
>>27275620
Did you get diagnosed. I think I have it too but don't know where to get diagnosed in my shithole country.
>>
First I was just a regular old schizoid type person.
Then I became an full blown schizophrenic.

___made you check ;)^___
>>
Social anxiety, avoidant disorder and aspergers. What supplements/drugs treat these disorders?
>>
>>27275260
Special snowflake just Iike everyone else itt
>>
>>27275260
ADHD - medicated during the day and I rely quite heavily on a calender and lists.
>>
>>27275749
Yeah but even those 70% have some sort issues that warrants their stay. I'd say this board is about 10% normie, 5% actual robot and 85% in between, which includes people like me. Just ignore Norman threads.
>>
>>27279444
vulgar dumbass just like nobody else itt
>>
>>27275260
Depression, panic attacks, and a little bit of anger managment issues, inherited all of it from my dad.
>>
ADHD, diagnosed as a child and medicated for years but I only really struggle with my attention span these days.
Also suffering with anxiety and insomnia (mostly health anxiety and trust issues, the insomnia is likely caused by this) which I take Sertraline for.
Haven't slept in at least 24 hours and my temperature keeps changing and I nearly threw up earlier.
>>
>>27275260
Also, OP's image looks like something Junji Ito would create.
>>
High functioning autism. Though, it would probably count as a neurological disorder.
>>
I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid, but the symptoms are barely noticeable now and function like a normie. I still deal with bi-polar depression from time to time and it's 5x worse in the winter
>>
Generalized anxiety disorder. IBS. Friends say I have NPD but I doubt it.
>>
> just read about APD

Holy shit, that's r9k in a nutshell. What a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>27275260

>complex ptsd
>depression

i was always pretty troubled as far back as i can remember, my folks should have gotten me some mental help early on but instead i didn't get any until i got out of the navy. now i am, but it's more difficult than if i had gotten help earlier in life.
>>
>>27275260
ADHD everyone treat me like an idiot i got accustomed
prob i would kill myself soon
>>
>>27275260
I'm still living for some reason...must have something wrong.

In all seriousness though, I have severe depression and it sucks. Might as well be dead, cause i can't seem to do anything.
>>
>>27275260
I have agoraphobia, depression and OCD.
Closed in my house, crying some nights, nothing much.
>>
I don't know, they said depression and dysmorphophobia, but a lot of shit has the same symptoms and i never told them everything. I think i have paranoid personnality, when i'm with other people i have the impression that they all look at me and laugh discreetly. I must hide even in my bedroom because i fear people could see me through the window. I can't make a profile on normiebook or tinder because they will find me.

I don't know what to do, i can't ask for help, i'd like to see a doctor so i can know what i have and maybe get some bux but i can't call one, i can't ask my family to do it. I must suffer in silence, alone.
>>
>>27275260
social anxiety, depression, AVPD, ADD, and severe paranoia

r8 me
>>
True although weed makes my moods better
>>
File: 1454382396531.jpg (174 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
1454382396531.jpg
174 KB, 780x585
depressed
some kind of social problem
some kind of anxiety problem
some kind of anger/irritability problem
trans
ADHD

Started going to a new therapist recently, so far they haven't helped much at all, and they haven't identified any specific mental illnesses I might have yet. I think I might be borderline but I can't say for sure if I am or not. I quit work which I had felt like was being a huge part of why I'd get angry/annoyed/irritated a lot so I might start getting a little better, hopefully before the boredom kills me.
>>
>>27275359
>>27275520
"I'm a schizoid"
schizoid personality disorder is a completely standalone disorder for which you have to be diagnosed, characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary lifestyle, secretiveness, emotional coldness, and apathy. Affected individuals may simultaneously demonstrate a rich, elaborate and exclusively internal fantasy world.

taken from wikipedia. to say "I'm a schizoid lol" without being diagnosed is just as bad as the people who claim to be "sooooo OCD" because they like their fork on a certain side of their spoon before they eat.
>>
I drink a lot and just recently I started making threads on r9k. Yesterday I talked to anons for hours.
>>
professionally diagnosed with
>borderline personality disorder
>major depressive disorder
>binge-eating disorder
>PTSD

the last three are all comorbid tag-alongs to the first. people with borderline personality are extremely likely to have comorbid diagnoses of mood disorders, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, substance abuse disorders, and have some retarded high figure for increased chance of suicide and suicidal behaviors.
>>
>>27284815
'Schizoid' is mostly a catch all meme term psychiatrists used to use for anyone who wasn't a normie and liked to keep to themselves. It's not even in the DSM anymore. I'd argue that a self reported 'schizoid personality' is more valid than a diagnosis of a personality disorder.
>>
>>27285054
but you can't diagnose yourself because you end up diagnosing this romanticized version of yourself, either where you're better or worse off than you actually are.

just use a normal word like "antisocial" to describe yourself instead of trying to come off like a special-snowflake. AvPD replaced schizoid PD in the DSM-V, more or less. still, don't go around self-diagnosing like a fucking twat. more likely than not you're just having a pissing contest with people who are legitimately messed up.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.