[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The internet provides a window into the lives of millions of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 27
File: Matejko'.jpg (405 KB, 1500x1111) Image search: [Google]
Matejko'.jpg
405 KB, 1500x1111
The internet provides a window into the lives of millions of broken men around the world. Reddit's r/ForeverAlone is a good introduction to the underground world of invisible broken men. Here you'll find a digital museum of dying men, wasting away in a decentralized prison camp of their own making. But if you truly wish to gaze into the abyss, read some clippings from the 4Chan r9k forum

These men are beasts in human skin: unemployed, unloved, surviving on social assistance, family support, or inheritances; waking up every day and playing video games, masturbating, watching cartoons, and sharing their lives, such as they are, with each other on internet forums. Many will never escape. They will hide in their rooms, dying one day at a time, while the years and decades slip by. Is their fate less tragic than being roasted alive in a tank - or more?

Thesis: millions of young western men are suffering from a crisis of spirit that is morally comparable to genocide.

Their dying is less painful, but slower and more dehumanizing. By allowing this massacre to occur on their watch, Western governments are as morally culpable as Mao and Stalin. Pickaxes to the forehead, mass starvation, poisoned wells, firing squads - all these are the crude, low-tech, messy and obvious tools of 20th century genocides. Why go through the trouble of actually killing people, when you can persuade them to do it on their own?

Is it crass to compare hunger with spiritual deprivation? The end result is the same. Human life require meaning and narrative, as much as food and water. Deprive a man of food and you'll kill him; deprive a man of meaning, and you'll persuade him to kill himself.

http://www.thumotic.com/the-killing-fields-of-the-21st-century/
>>
whew lad lad woeldo wweed lam,o KKSFJSLDFJDSLFSDPOKGRREDDO DSHO TSITDT SITHLORSAJIOPFSOFDFSFLONEITISWILLNEVERLOVE M EEEE OGFKJSREEEEEEEE OH GOFD IM NOT VERY JJDKKDKKDDL CVOMPUITER OOOEERRRR REEEEEEFPODSKSEKFPDSF
>>
>>27267110
PLZ HELP I CANT COMPUTER
)!)@#$&!&@$P!)@$)!
!)@$)!)@$)&&!)&@$)
!)$&!)&$)!&$&)!$)&!)&
!$&!)H!)E%!*L%)(!P!%
%!()&*!*%!*&%*&!(*&
!%)!)&%)!&%)&!)%&
>>
Wizard cha.n. is going to be pissed off, but this is fucking beautiful.

Take that, hypocritical, do-gooder normie fucks!
>>
File: 1447031553342.webm (531 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447031553342.webm
531 KB, 1280x720
>>27267110
>These men are beasts in human skin
>>
>>27267110
Wake the fuck up, you guys are a minority, and no one gives a shit you aren't passing on your shitty gees but yourself.
>>
File: Arthur Schopenhauer quote.jpg (249 KB, 740x980) Image search: [Google]
Arthur Schopenhauer quote.jpg
249 KB, 740x980
>>27267110
>aspergers
>panic disorder
>le anxiety
>emptyness
>le depression

WAKE
>>
>>27267110
>beasts in human skin
What the hell. I hope the piece of shit who wrote this gets suicide bombed by pepe the turk.
>>
File: 1457485968027.jpg (17 KB, 185x200) Image search: [Google]
1457485968027.jpg
17 KB, 185x200
>>27267110
>Thesis: millions of young western men are suffering from a crisis of spirit that is morally comparable to genocide

This is utter nonsense, my fellow white friend.
All you need to do is go outside and talk to girls, just be yourself, maybe work out. You are miserable because you want to be. Thanks to tinder it's easier than ever to get a date.
>>
the juice does this to every society it latches onto
>>
>>27268981
The author addresses exactly the contents of your post.
>What could you possibly say to Malcolm?
>"Hit the gym, start a business, join Tinder"?
But you didn't read that article, did you now?
>>
File: 1456110178268.jpg (158 KB, 432x619) Image search: [Google]
1456110178268.jpg
158 KB, 432x619
Pretty interesting

It's too late though, it's all over
>>
>>27267110
>using Reddit
Then you deserve to be alone.
>>
>>27269761
This nigger doesn't get the joke
>>
Meh, generally people end up as robots due to social anxiety disorder. I think the devastation of what that disorder can cause has been fairly well established. The author in that article is just talking about that subject in an abstracted and unnecessarily politicized way.
>>
That is the most bro website I've ever seen. I wonder how long it took to make
>>
>>27267110
We're on the cutting edge of new vistas in sociological disease. The fabric of our societies is being unraveled and knit back together to serve our desires and neglect our needs. The real insanity is all those who regard our condition as a curious anomaly and not the logical consequence of this restructuring. It will take them in time, too.
>>
File: 1432186033571.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1432186033571.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
sensationalism.

every generation has its losers, the internet just gave us a place to gather. shame we can't do much with it
>>
File: 1429216941134.jpg (375 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1429216941134.jpg
375 KB, 900x900
this article made me realize why my life is so shit, why im on r9k and why i can barely bother to get out of bed.

no one needs me. i have no purpose.

videogames give you that, and movies.. if only i had some cause, if i felt i could build something for others that they would appreciate. i guess this is what all men do, they try to get a girl then build for their family and future, but im disillusioned from that, so what can i build for now?
>>
File: New Nobility.png (239 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
New Nobility.png
239 KB, 600x399
>>27270984

Yourself.

relevant to the thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uYengUXFG0
>>
A big part of why men grow up to be like this is the slacker culture in the mainstream. In school and with young people there is a culture of laziness, putting in the least amount of effort to get by, and often people who try hard are seen as well tryhards. There is also a culture of anti-intellectualism, which leads people to see school as just a way to fit in with their peers and make a living eventually, but less and less are thinking intelligently and loving the pursuit of knowledge. Learning has become just a way to pass a test not a noble pursuit. The one who cares the most often looks the worst today, and thus men have won the game of caring the least by throwing their social status and higher pursuits out the window. The one who cares and tries is mocked but the one who lives the easy way condemnation or insult means little as he is already at the bottom of the totem pole. And what does it really mean to be at the top or the bottom of society when the pleasures are largely the same? The rich and poor alike spend their nights drinking alcohol and doing other drugs. They both have casual sex and masturbation. They both have use of the endless internet. In previous times only Kings and nobles could afford things like running water, books, and music. Now all live like the kings of the past, so many have little incentive to achieve. The striving for success in the world today is like a cherry on top of the cake.
>>
>>27267110
>Wall of text
>Troll normie
You been spotted try hard. I still give you 1/10 for my reply.
>>
>>27268642
A sizable minority still has an influence.
>>
>>27271949
i think this entire post is moronic and you're focusing on the complete wrong areas. humans make economically based decisions and the benefit of being rich is simply being high status and all that entails. humans live in a hierarchy, it will never be the case that we don't want to be at the top.. although upward mobility might have dwindled which discourages striving to climb up. if new generations start dropping out i think they've got the right idea, look at what a scam university and marriage is now. i think many are acting frugally because we just don't see any opportunities left which warrant the effort for a reliable, stable reward of equal or greater value.

tldr; look at economy not ideas you pulled out your ass
>>
File: 1446828645458.jpg (21 KB, 480x465) Image search: [Google]
1446828645458.jpg
21 KB, 480x465
>>27267110
so.. that cause he mentions at the end of the article..

is it the beta uprising?
>>
>Is their fate less tragic than being roasted alive in a tank - or more?
>fate less tragic than being roasted alive
>less tragic than being roasted
>roasted
>>
>>27272243
I'm not sure why you think it's moronic. We both agree that status is desirable but that dropping out is also a winning strategy.
>>
>>27272243
I'm drinking alone in a studio I rented for the month in a strange town, not sure where I'm going or what I'm doing. I work remotely, set my own hours, make six figures, have over six figures in the bank. Between work, old schools, parents and people who "would like to see me", I can travel pretty-much constantly without paying for it, so this lifestyle is costing me nearly nothing. I also get a lot of job offers from people in my industry. In other words, I've got several years of expenses in liquid assets, zero concern for job security (or having "gaps in my resume" or whatever), and zero obligations. I'm also attractive enough to chad around while I'm doing this, and young enough not to have any real expectation that I'll commit to anything.

It's really unclear to me why I should keep working, let alone even trying to succeed. I feel empty and purposeless and directionless.

And I'm *successful*.

I can't even imagine what a NEET in this world is going through, but I read /r9k/ and try to remember that you guys exist, because it's easy to be detached and oblivious. It seems very clear to me that there is a serious, rapidly increasing societal problem here, and I really don't see what to do about it. The article blames "western government" but I think it's much more to do with cheap communication/travel for Chad and Stacy, automation for Mr Shekelstein, and a general obsolescence of low-skilled labor. And none of these seem reversible by any sort of policy decisions.
>>
>>27272704
> cheap communication/travel for Chad and Stacy, automation for Mr Shekelstein, and a general obsolescence of low-skilled labor. And none of these seem reversible by any sort of policy decisions.
you might like "the unabombers manifesto" if you haven't read it already

also gib money, im a failure living at my parents and il never amount to anything
>>
this is incredibly dramatic and only serves a disservice to those who are suffering genuinely
>>
>>27272774
Thanks, I'll look it up. I've been told "you sound like the fucking unabomber", but I've never read his manifesto because I grew up as a technology optimist. (Also, I make all my money doing R&D for tech I imagine will improve economic access for impoverished populations, and it's hard to cope with the idea that maybe I'm entirely wrong and actually damaging the world I want to improve.)
>>
File: 1444494753181.jpg (410 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1444494753181.jpg
410 KB, 800x800
I think he definitely hit a spot with the spiritual crisis of the west.
Christianity is dying or moving elsewhere and secularism really hasn't come up with a strong alternative.
>>
>>27272704
>>27272912
Sounds like a pretty good life senpai. As a third world fag whose country keeps falling down the ground more and more with every passing and whose dream is to move to any half-decent country to do even menial job like washing dishes I'd be infinitely happy with 3/4 of what you have in life. Help.

Question though, have you always been living that sort of life? Or did you grow up being a poorfag and worked your ass to where you are now? Because that alone makes a big difference. If you've lived like that all your life then you've simply grown apathetic to your "normal" life, You need to search for a thrill, something that excites you and fulfills you. Do you have any hobby or anything of the sort? Or do you just live the day to day?
>>
>>27267110
he separates out pursuing artistry as ignoble and akin to suicide

he's an idiot because it is artists who provide hope, and thus a reason to strive forward
>>
>>27273129
No, until I was about 12 years old my family was poor (in a western way -- we were never hungry, but we had an old, falling apart van and couldn't buy new clothes or bikes, etc). Around that time my parents finished paying off the house and my dad got some raise, and we starting living more wealthily.

By the time I moved out, my family was rich but I was still living as a poor kid because that was how I grew up. Then I moved away to go to graduate school (I had no family connections to pull this off, I met professors, worked my ass of to impress them, and published papers as an undergraduate) and kept living this way for about 2 years.

At that point my Internet friends started a company, raised several tens of millions of dollars, hired me, and I started living this way. It's been around 18 months of this. I had to study very hard and become uniquely skilled to pull it off, so I suppose I did actually work pretty hard ... but the "work" I did was screwing around on the Internet reading things that interested me, so it feels like I lucked into it.

I guess, having known poverty like this then having been lifted out of it by forces completely out of my control, has lead to an intense feeling of "survivor's guilt" or general unworthiness. It's hard to describe. I can afford a therapist now and we're trying to work this out.

The only non-work thing I can think of for hobbies is playing jazz piano. I'm trying to learn French right now since that's the dominant language in the city I'm in right now, but I'll probably drop that in a week when I leave. I also try to make friends and learn from them, which feels like a hobby but probably isn't.

As for "help", I suggest learning to code and studying cryptography. This is seen by most people as a black art, but it's actually fairly accessible, in high demand, and it's not too hard to find experts online who will help you out.
>>
>>27273298
It's also relevant that I'm tall, white and attractive. I can't help but feel that a huge part of my success is that when I meet people, they feel comfortable around me, can understand me, and assume good things about me.

I did put some effort in, but I really don't want to push this "I built this" meme where I somehow pulled myself out of dirt and created a successful life.
>>
You can taste the mental immaturity. You can't find happiness outside the pigeonhole, eh?
>>
>>27273298
>>27273441
It's amazing how you can be so unsatisfied with life when you have a life that most people would envy. Mind you, I'm not blaming you or anything of the sort, but, for me, who's at the lowest bottom of the ladder, it's something impossible to understand. It's like, I don't know, Robin Williams. Why would someone rich and loved by millions in the world have depression? How could someone who had everything in the world be able to kill himself because he was not happy? How was he not happy? I can't get it in my head no matter how much I try to think of it.

Honestly, everyone and their mom have told me to start coding. I just never have because, I don't know, no particular reason. It seems like it'll be hard? Like I feel that no matter what I do I won't be able to learn it properly? That there will always be people better than me at it? I defeat myself before even trying.

This is the first time I've heard of anyone recommending cryptography though. Could you go over it a little more? I'm very curious about it.
>>
>>27273569
Now you're getting it. I'm not trying to be a well adjusted memeber of society, I suffer for my art :^)
>>
typical Chad talks a lot about himself and takes all the attention
>>
>>27273574
Re: crypto
Heh, I actually just gave a talk to a bunch of undergraduates at MIT a few weeks ago about this... about not feeling intimidated or discouraged because the people in this field seem super smart, because on the other side, we see piles of potential from people who are too scared to realize it. It's really frustrating, because we're in desperate need of qualified people.

I'm pretty drunk now, but I can say a bit about cryptography....basically it's the science of controlling the ability to read and mutate information, independent of who has access to the raw data. We have things like "digital signatures" which let you publish data on insecure networks and have all readers be sure that it wasn't changed since $authorized_party approved it; we have encryption which anybody can execute but only $authorized_party can decrypt, etc., etc.

A lot of classic papers are on the net. One I recommend is "Probablistic encryption" by Goldwasser/Micali since that sorta started modern crypto. Then "Random Oracles are Practical" by Rogaway. Then try to figure out the security argument for Schnorr signatures (basically chase wiki articles for this, this is really fundamentally important but as near as I can tell nobody has collected this all in one place .... possibly Dan Boneh's "Crypto I" online course is what I want for this stage in learning). Two important components to the Schnorr thing are the "Fiat-Shamir heuristic" and the "forking lemma". The first you should understand, the second you'll survive without though you should at least have a high level understanding of what the FS heuristic does.

Then go on freenode and badger people on ##crypto or #bitcoin-wizards asking where to start learning cryptography. Find online projects doing high-performance cryptography (e.g. github/bitcoin/libsecp256k1) and try to contribute documentation, tests or review. Meet people and try to make friends and see where it takes you.

Re: sadness
need second post, char limit
>>
>>27273814
Forgive me, I'm drunk.

>>27273574
As for the depression, I should first of all say that I would never ever trade my life for a robot's. Like Stacy, my problems are not the same as yours, and they have a delusional, privileged nature to them. In fact, my closest friends are Stacies because we share the "I have everything, why am I not happy?" sense of hopelessness.

On the other hand, it is a real thing. I've tried to kill myself (though I'm here, so I guess not very hrad..) more than once. I feel like my peers don't understand me, and that I'm an asshole for even trying to talk about my life because everybody seems like >>27273814 with their more concrete immediate problems, so there's a sense of alienation, and I also simultaneously feel like I'm wasting privilege by being unhappy and like I'm ignoring injustice by being happy. So there's no way I can be comfortable with how I feel. Add to that that my job is entirely mental, so I spend all my time inside my head, and that my environment has zero structure or persistence because I fly around so much and set my own hours, and I find that I'm constantly disoriented and unhinged. And often I think that people are going along with my shit because they think I'm attractive or "a good guy to know" or something like that, and that they aren't being honest with me. Or they're too pussy to call me out for my erratic behaviour and alcoholism.

I also think I have an underlying bipolor disorder.

I don't mean to complain about any of this. Again, I wouldn't trade my life for a robot's, and often I feel really great about how things are going. But there's an explanation for how somebody can get into this mental state while living the life that I do.
>>
>>27267110
I have nothing to say about any of this. It's all true. I've discussed at length several times before.

I am through talking. I want to do. But I don't. If I knew a way to do anything I would post it.
>>
>>27270984
The best advice I can give you is to try to live your life as if you already had people depending on your. As if you were providing for a family.

If you can keep this mindset you will develop into the kind of man women are attracted to and you can make your vision a reality.

If only I could follow my own advice...
>>
>>27272275
He's making a thinly veiled reference to groups such as the National Socialists, but it also applies to ISIS extremely well.

>The New Story will offer men a path to heroism
>The New Story will offer a tribe
>The New Story will offer a traditional warrior code of ethics
>The New Story will offer an opportunity to die for something bigger than ourselves
>The New Story will focus its merciless resentment on a villain

All of these are methods of recruitment for terrorist organizations worldwide.

It can happen in the United States, it can happen faster than you can ever imagine.
>>
>>27273999
one solution is to give your money away. Giving can help others and make you feel better. It's meaningful. Especially with the feeling that you just landed with wealth.
>>
>>27274142
When I first came into all this money, a friend of a friend developed breast cancer, so I handed her $2000. She burst into tears and said that she couldn't believe that somebody would do this who didn't even know her, how meaningful it was, that I could always have free glasses at her optometry shop, etc., and that I was such a good person. It made me feel like shit because I wasn't a good person, I was just using her to try to make myself feel better about my unearned wealth. I also felt terrible because that much money literally did not matter to me, while to her it was something meaningful somehow, a few weeks of treatment or something.

I tried to do this anonymously by going through a friend, and he fucked up by telling her it was me. Maybe if I did this actually anonymously it'd be better.

But thanks for the advice. I'll do this, properly anonymously, from now on.
>>
>>27273838
>>27273999
Grass is always green on the other side, the funny thing is, the other side is also thinking the same thing (sometimes).

Do you think I could stay in contact with you? You've given me good advice and honestly seem relatively level-headed compared to most. I'd like to keep learning from you about things, perhaps give me a headstart regarding coding as well.

If you are okay with that then here's my mail [email protected] so hit me up whenever you feel like it.

>>27274142
What's the point of giving his money to no-name charities? It does nothing, he would not be invested on it. He might as well throw all his money on the trash as it would have the same effect. The only way giving away his money would help him would be to give it to someone or help someone he's personally invested with or at least he know his money is actually going towards fixing someone's life.
>>
>>27274073

It's already happening I think. Domestic terrorism is secretly big here.
>>
>>27274299
I agree with you about the charities, but some are good. I was suggesting that he give it to people straight up, it feels better to get money outright than to rely on a charity for goods.
>>
DEATH SHROUD EXISTANCE, SLAVE FOR A PITTANCE,
CONDEMNED TO DIE BEFORE I COULD BREATHE.
MILLIONS ARE SCREAMING, THE DEAD ARE STILL LIVING,
THIS EARTH HAS DIED, YET NO ONE HAS SEEN.
>>
>>27274464
Seems like it didn't work out >>27274253

Honestly, I'd say it would be less about money than the direct influence he would make in someone life. He says it made him feel like crap because he did it for a selfish reason but let's be honest: most actions humans take are for selfish reasons. If I'm gonna do something just because I want it to make me feel good might as well benefit someone else too. He shouldn't feel bad about it. He did a good thing even if by a selfish reason. That doesn't make the deed any less good.
>>
>>27267110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOxQ6n9fygY

This article perfectly explains ISIS.

In a way, Im actually quite empathetic. As soon as Im done college Im joining the army. I need order and meaning in my life and I hope I can find that through military discipline and war.

>It'll be the Wild West all over again. No law, no order. Fire will spread across the world. The people will fight... and through battle, they will know the fullness of life.
>>
Evolution in action.

Morals are made up by humans. Nature doesn't give a shit if you're happy or sad, if you live or you die.
>>
>>27274893
ew \m/
>>
File: 1414967293798.jpg (238 KB, 1000x976) Image search: [Google]
1414967293798.jpg
238 KB, 1000x976
>>27269921

kek he's new be nice to the redditors
>>
Dissatisfied young people are a major symptom for revolution.
>>
>>27267110
>>are as morally culpable as Mao and Stalin
>moral equivalence fallacy
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>27276607
YEs please, revolution now before I am too old to be in a position to benefited by it
>>
>>27276684
I don't think America is at that point yet. The regressive left sure is pushing a lot of people's buttons though. I'm sure there is someone out there crazy enough to try to assassinate trump. I would be crushed
>>
Femanon here.
IMO you whiners should just all be rounded up and killed. You're useless and detrimental to women and you have no right to ruin a girl's life for your fragile useless shit ego.
>>
>>27276991
these posts always sound like bait. especially the last sentence.
>>
>>27277204
But it's true.
Your ideas about love and relationships tend to make life objectively worse for those who are so unfortunate to be with you since you care nothing but yourself and that your shitty ego doesn;t get hurt, who cares if it ends up hurting others.
>>
>>27277244
if I didn't care about hurting others I'd force myself into relationships that would end in disaster. instead I isolate myself to keep people away from the black hole that I am.
>>
>>27277371
But you call for massive oppression of other people who are happy with themselves because you're a jealous repulsive little shit?
>>
>>27277244
I sure would like to hurt you, but I assume some Chad will and you'll cry "wahhh all men are assholes."
Or you're some guy and just b8ing.
>>
>>27277420
Not sure I follow what you're getting at. I don't want to oppress anyone. By whiners I thought you meant people on /r9k/ that are unhappy with their lives.
>>
>>27277542
>I don't want to oppress anyone
You say that but then whine about women having too many "options" and "possibilities" that are objectively better than you, so you want a woman to make her life horrible and be unhappy for you for no reason other than the fact you're a selfish disgusting little prick that needs to get beaten to death.
>>
>Click on "Attract Women" tab

>It tells me to read a bunch of books on evolutionary psychiatry

What a joke, evolutionary psychology gets very stupid very easily, and I would say it's all flawed to begin with because evolution is an unproven hypothesis.
>>
>>27276991
I'm a grrll no gives a shit roastie whore.
>>
File: _20160221_161213.jpg (87 KB, 600x490) Image search: [Google]
_20160221_161213.jpg
87 KB, 600x490
>>27267110
I can understand this. Social isolation plays a big part in our lives. Of course there's gonna be people who just tell us to change, to just form ourselves to society, but why must we grow up like this anyways? Why must we cast out, isolated, feel alone, e.t.c? Could we have mental problems? Can those be fixed? Could we just have been cast out from society? Can that be fixed? Why were we cast out in the first place? Why do we have to put in effort to conform to society, when normies are just insta accepted when young? Especially with the new girl power movements, where women are told that the world accepts them for who they are, that they can do anything and be whenever they want, where they are empowered. Why don't we get such treatment? Why must we break our backs over a social guideline, when others live life on easy mode?
>>
>>27277647
You're either a dumb newfag or double-wrapping layers of bait.
>>
>>27275768
>reaching a time where the batshit craziness of MGS4 is reaching levels of prophecy, just like MGS2.

Oh for fuck's sake.
>>
>>27277606
Not him but ehhh I don't really do that, I personally just want to be accepted into society, to be Included, like how society is being more inclusive to females, why can't they do that to robots? I'm no MRA but I'm sure females are less oppressed than males, since you're playing the victim oppression card here. Also wasn't there an uproar over sec robots and hentai? That seems pretty oppressive, why would those people want to make someones life horrible and unhappy? Could they be egotistical and potentially jealous that a bunch of fake 2d drawings get more love than they can? Than men won't need females for sex or emotional "comfort"? If that's the case, that's pretty cruel. The concept of orbiters is pretty cruel too. I wonder why these guys prefer 2d over 3d, maybe because they weren't accepted into 3d society? Because they were rejected, ridiculed, bullied by normalfolk? If so, that's probably worse than what you're complaining about, stripping away someones source of happiness and love just because they were different. Just a few thoughts I have, sitting in my mind. Terminating all of us won't really solve much, (although if you are offering to kill, I'll take it) for the factors that created us are still there, and more will fall into the pit. Should we exist? No. But what is being done so no more people identify as us?

Also how was your day? What made you decide to come to this thread and " femanon" the place up? I'm sure you can get a far higher quality of attention elsewhere
>>
>>27277781
MGS6 real life confirm? The fox engine stepped up its graphics immensely
Who got >>27277777 btw
>>
>>27277244
>so unfortunate to be with us
There is no one who is with us. There never has been. If women could experience this, they would know why we have those ideas about love and relationships.
>>
>>27267110
wow
are we that bad they're writing articles about us?

I feel better about myself already!
>>
>>27267110
>http://www.thumotic.com/the-killing-fields-of-the-21st-century/

that video might as well be me talking
could be a death note for my generation.
>>
>>27268740
ME UP INSIDE
>>
I get the feeling that I've shared some walls of text on the third shift with this OP before. Got a lot of great thoughts out of it. I distinctly recall the OP's image and his motif of "the invisible, broken man". Very interesting stuff for me.

Was not such a fan of the latter part of that article/link; I'm generally not all that receptive to claims of (successful) conspiracies against white, straight males. I'm certain there are groups directly opposed to straight, white males in general, but I strongly doubt their efficiency.

I've been the broken, invisible man before. Dependent upon alcohol, video games, and media for a small measure of enjoyment as a reprieve against the full knowledge of impending failure and doom.

The real bitch of it is, I'm not quite sure how I got myself out of it. My folks wouldn't have stopped paying for my existence. I could've continued just as I had.

I can't even remember just how my mindset changed. I can easily identify differences between my psyche, thoughts, and behavior at this current time compared to years past. I can not readily identify or qualify just HOW I made this turn-around.

And that shit frustrates me badly. I'd adore to be able to give a nice step-by-step guide on how to pull one's self out of the steaming pile of shit that is complete complacency.

Thanks to everyone posting large amounts of interesting material. Appreciate it, cryptographbro and others.
>>
File: Pepe.jpg (7 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.jpg
7 KB, 235x215
>tfw normies try to bring back suppressed memories
>>
>>27278258
For me, getting a job that forced me to talk to strangers made me turn around (not to normalcy level).
>>
>>27278258
I don't have much to add but I have a feeling you'll enjoy this wall of text

http://illimitablemen.com/2014/05/08/the-suffering-of-the-lost-boys/

In the same vein of OP but a little more positive without being too normie "just b yourself ;)" tier
>>
>>27278308
Yeah, I've been working in hotels since the point in my life in which I was in a very low place. This has absolutely given me better social skills and it helped catalyze improvement.

Even so, something happened to make me go out there and apply for myriad jobs, to go to interviews and make my best impression. My problems are different than those that others have; although this can be said for anyone. I've been lucky enough to have great friends and solid family fall into my lap. Many of these friends helped me become proficient in social arenas. Naturally, certain substances are also to be thanked..but relying upon those is risky!

Anyway, "normalcy" is so very subjective and means something a bit different for people. Or maybe something very different! I wouldn't consider myself very normal or typical, but there are certainly plenty here that would consider me so, mostly on basis of current employment and continuing education. Partly on basis on current friendships and lack of damning unattractive features. I'll likely never come close to sharing the worldview, concerns, or behaviors of the majority of any population in which I live.

>>27278317
I'll read that. I appreciate it, man. Already stoked because one of my favorite movies is The Lost Boys.
>>
File: 1449777673486.jpg (125 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1449777673486.jpg
125 KB, 1102x967
I'd honestly rather be a POW than what I am right now.
I'd be a hero. People would think I was a great person. Live or die, I'd still be a hero.
But what am I now?
A fucking loser. And there's nothing I can do to change it.
>>
File: 1444928184689.png (42 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
1444928184689.png
42 KB, 500x286
>>27278578

>tfw 28 and counting
>>
>>27278317
Went through that, and I found it much more agreeable than the OP's, although I tend to agree more than disagree with both.

I don't have the experience of a broken home- although my father did not have a very active hand in raising me, my mother did not inflict significant harm on me through being my primary (nearly only in early years!) source of child-rearing and raising. She did me some extraordinary good in some areas, and I can clearly recognize some fault of hers. I do not place any blame upon her; she did not saddle me with anything that I should not be able to bear.

I must attempt to open my perspective a bit; that of an only child born to firmly-together parents is very narrow. Difficult stuff, that.

Appreciate the reading.

>>27278578
I've unfortunately got little time since I've neglected my work to get paid a paltry 8.75/hr to browse 4chan and do schoolwork tonight. Gotta get my shit done.

Regardless, I would like to tell you a little something.

You may or may not be a loser in my judgement; I know nothing about you aside from potentially incorrect preconceptions. However, I will assume for simplicity and time's sakes, that you are a fucking loser.

You've got no obligation to continue on as a loser. Of course, you've got no obligation to change, either. You've got no obligation at all!

Some dozens of months ago, I never deluded myself and said "hey buddy, u r a winner no matter WHAT ppl say :^)" Hell, everyone in my real life tried to encourage my ass and tell me how I was so great or whatever.

I didn't listen to them; I just smiled and agreed. I intimately knew that I WAS absolutely a fucking disgusting scumbag loser.

That fact should make you disgusted. It should make you angry. It should make you filled with righteous indignation and fury towards yourself for allowing this to happen. These strong emotions are vital to your recovery.

You've no obligation at all to continue on as you are.
>>
>>27271198
Anon you need a medal, who is this host?

His voice is amazing, I can sit here and listen to this all day, this is good for some background listening
>>
File: bukowski wisdom.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
bukowski wisdom.jpg
313 KB, 1920x1200
There is no cure for this. If you had a relatively normal childhood it usually goes like this - You become a teen and slowly start to realize how the world works but you still have dreams and hopes for the future. Little by little you start to realize that things won't happen your way and you are either furious and rebelious or you start sinking in escapism. You get slapped by society if you are angry and you get completely ignored if you go to vidya and animu for a temporary shelter which only deepens your problems. Any remaining hopes for the future slowly start to fade away. You are no longer passionate about anything and as the article said your vital energies have been stiffled. You may try to seek some change in life but it seems like every new direction you take is just a distraction that helps you forget how shit things really are. So you start living on autopilot mode and surpress or hide your inner world as best as you can, just drifting through life waiting for the next meaningless day. You don't feel like you belong to society and you start wondering if it's worth it to doom your child to the same fate or to torture your partner with your indifference about everything. When you get 30+ this way it's already next to impossible to change the way you live, so you grit your teeth and decide it's better to not leave anything behind. You do your shitty job and live for the small things in life but every day gets even more numb and empty. You're already too deep in and just wait for the train to derail.
If anyone who feels like this managed to escape i'd be happy to hear his story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfgL7mNsJeo
>>
>>27272945
Yfw it's nationalism
>>
I think we have it better than most normies. No work, no kids, no pain in the ass wife/gf means less stress and more pleasure. What else could you want besides more pleasure and less pain?
>>
>>27271949
The reason we slack is because we know the alternative sucks. And the pursuit of knowledge is pointless once you get down to it along with any other pursuit. Also I think it's a good think that slackers get just as much pleasure as the hard workers. It will encourage more people to not kill themselves (metaphorically) for some pointless goal and hopefully think enough till they reach the conclusion that life isn't worth giving if all it is is work, take a break them die and will not reproduce and end the human race.
>>
>>27272345
Only plesure is intrinsiclly desirable. Everting is just a means of obtaining pleasure. I think it's a good thing if people can somehow find a pleasure as equal to or great than that of a high status might give.
>>
>>27272945
What about global extinction?
>>
>>27276681
You really don't think so?
>>
>>27279175
Depending entirely on the person in question, you are likely correct for some people. Maybe plenty of people.

I won't focus on the significant other(s) or children, but on work.

For many people, lack of independence is stifling and causes more suffering than the lack of responsibilities provides pleasure. Unless we're disagreeing on semantics entirely, barring significant inheritance or very good fortune (which shouldn't be assumed for anyone), an individual must work at some point in their lives to survive independently. Of course there is always the option to completely leave behind all currency and attempt to live solely in reclusion in an ungodly inhospitable climate, but I don't reckon even a tenth of us could or would do that.

Besides that, I enjoy suffering in some sense. Most practically or vividly, I do enjoy physical pain at times. I enjoy receiving a hit if sparring with friends or in the pit at a hardcore show, I adore getting nailed playing paintball. I'll garner some sort of enjoyment out of an unexpected burn, and I've got trouble performing sexually unless I'm getting bitten and clawed to all shit.

I've been on both sides of the iron curtain here. I experience far greater overall pleasure when certain amounts of surmountable suffering are present.

And I reckon that there are others that would feel the same way if they tried a bit of pain and suffering once in a while.

Or maybe I'm just such a fucking good goy I've deluded myself into "enjoying" suffering!

Or maybe my brainbox is just mis-wired to all shit.

But I don't think those two things are accurate.
>>
>>27273661
Why? That's the dumbest most pretentious thing ever.
>>
>>27267110
>Reddit's r/ForeverAlone is a good introduction

Stopped reading right here.

That sub (much like modern r9k actually) is full of pajeets and street shitters who feel like the world owes them a leggy blonde girl. Fucking get over yourselves.

Pooskins have nothing remotely in common with the original lost r9k base
>>
>>27279401
Go back to >>>/pol/ you insufferable retard

in b4 you get really triggered by this
>>
>>27279356
It seems that we're taught in school, by coaches, and parents that pain is a good thing. I don't think so at all unless you're a masochist in which that case you might as well just start calling pain pleasure. Anyways, I used to live by this "no pain no gain" mentality until I realized that all my greatest moments were not that of suffering followed by accomplishment but from just having good times with my friends, smoking weed, talking, drinking, listening to music, and the occasional adventure, which most adults seem to look down upon. I'm at the point in my life (still relatively young 19) where I'm going full angst against authority who want you to work and think that I owe society. The way I see it is that I was never asked to be born and shouldn't have to do things I don't want to do given that I don't have any children. Most say that I'm just going through a phase and I will change my mind but I don't see me changing my mind anytime soon.
>>
File: 1456460850448.jpg (196 KB, 842x816) Image search: [Google]
1456460850448.jpg
196 KB, 842x816
>>27279437
I'm a CHICANO, fambino. /pol/ hates me too
You really need to go back to your upboat site
>>
>>27279437
>in b4 you get really triggered by this
Na i'm to busy laughing at the trash you call a post LOL really nigga? your a bad troll and you should end it or get better at it. brb gonna go plow your mom i'm out later.
>>
>>27279401

This is a good point. A lot of men are lonely because they're in places their race doesn't belong. Pajeet or Paco or Mohammed might have been perfectly happy having an arranged marriage at 14 to some brown girl in their village, but instead his parents snuck into a White country and now he'll only be satisfied by possessing a blonde nordic girl.

It's a very different sort of isolation than what Western males face, and much more preventable.
>>
I like how he makes a point of saying Western men, when eastern countries have the exact same demographic of men if not worse
>>
>>27279437

Why would I be triggered?
>>
>>27267110
>being roasted alive in a tank

What the fuck is he on
>>
>>27279545

it makes more sense in the context of the article. he was discussing more overt genocides in the 20th century and comparing them to the NEET genocide.
>>
>>27279445
Damn, I wish I had real time to address these points.

Most importantly, I'd like to concede that consent in procreation (on behalf of the yet-to-be-born) is impossible. I will not concede that it is an inherently immoral action. I feel as though we could have lovely discourse on the subject. Ah well.

You're right that it is a very common trope or motif, the "no pain no gain" or "pain is weakness leaving the body" sort of thing. I did not gain these tendencies towards enjoying certain amounts of suffering (not only physical, either, those were just the easiest/quickest examples) until I was 22 or 23. I'm 24 now.

I've got absolutely no issue to raise with anti-authority sentiment. I've got plenty of that myself.

The point I (think) am trying to make is that while there are myriad injustices to our current institutions and with life itself, and while you have no obligation to do...well, anything at all, it is very dangerous to your health and future (something very difficult to care about, even 5 years older than you) to reactionarily remove yourself completely from the systems of work and social life. To be blunt, especially when you seem to be proving a point to yourself and the world that nobody can coerce you into anything.

Anyone with a few brain cells to rub together knows that you aren't truly obligated to do anything. You don't really need to prove that, man.

Again, apologies for my low amount of time.

Thanks for the reply, and good luck.
>>
woew lods
>>
>>27279620
Thank you kind sir. I wish you had more time to discuss the ethics of reproduction since you raise a valid point in that consent in being born is impossible. But I would have to argue that life is intrinsically invaluable which I could argue for. I'm not saying life is all bad or that you need to feel bad, but when you think about it seems to me that being born give you the ability to desire endlessly but most of these desire are ever fulfilled.
>>
File: mars-rover_2476831b.jpg (90 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
mars-rover_2476831b.jpg
90 KB, 620x387
These sort of writings tend to view the past in an unrealistically positive manner. My generation (born 89) loves to shit on past generations (and while some blame is due,) they did not exactly live in a paradise. If anyone wants to trade their current situation for "purpose" given by the Vietnam War or World War II I think they need to have their head examined.

I also don't buy the premise that, because our immediate material needs are met, there's some sort of new spiritual crisis taking place. I would argue there's always been a spiritual crisis taking place and that is a fundamental aspect of humanity. If anything we're better at managing it now; the norm would be religious warfare.

Also, 4.3 million NEETs in the US sounds dismal only to people who are alarmed by the word "million." The US has 320 million people in it; 4.3 million is slightly more than 1%. NEETs are outliers. The fact of the matter is the vast majority of people find employment. You can argue about whether they are under-employed or not, but the fact remains most people find an avenue. If anything I'm actually impressed that the current economic system produces as much opportunity as it does.

Again, the majority of humans would kill to be in the position of even your lower-status man living in the affluent first-world. If you think there's a lack of constructive purpose (or work to do,) you're not paying attention. Most of the world is in pretty bad shape. There's a series of impending environmental disasters that no one has any idea how to fix. On the medical front we still have incurable diseases out the yinyang. Technologically and scientifically we're still in an infancy.

Are you obligated to do anything about it? No, but you also don't have any standing to complain... What do you want, someone ordering you around? How is that preferable?
>>
File: 235235235.png (126 KB, 480x317) Image search: [Google]
235235235.png
126 KB, 480x317
>>27279545
>being roasted alive in a tank
Fuck I will NEVER get inside a tank going into combat

The shit that happens to tank crews just isnt fucking worth it, nowadays we have reactive armor and shit but imagine treading along ina fucking Sherman and a German Tiger shows up

It just takes one shell connecting and the tank turns into a metal box filled with a hailstorm of white-hot metal shrapnel

Or a fucking soldier comes up and tosses a grenade into the tank and holds the fucking top down, gives me nightmares thinking about it
>>
>>27278770
>I intimately knew that I WAS absolutely a fucking disgusting scumbag loser.

Im in this phase anon holy shit. After 23 years of struggle in this world, i finally admit I AM A FUCKIN LOSER!
>>
>>27267110

So what you're saying is, the government should give State mandated girlfriends? Girlfriend welfare.
>>
>greentext copypasta eons old from /v/ is the first thing i see in regards to /r9k/
>meme battlestations

lmao
>>
in between the lines, the Jews did this, men are pissed, and a new Hitler will step in to set things right.

this protracted peace is Weimar-tier. only the politically blind cannot sense the tension mounting.
>>
>>27274038
>Live your life as if you already had a family depending on you.

I like it.
>>
>>27272945
secularism isn't separate from a dying Christendom - it is the same thing.
atheism is death.
>>
>>27279766
Funny how the timeline works out, I'm only 24 and at 23 I was exactly where you were. If I'm any indication, you'll end up on the right path, although I've not achieved any true goal aside from beginning work and not ceasing it.

Make it for me, bud.

>>27279691
I maybe mistakenly reckoned that you subscribed heavily to that belief of immorality of procreation; just based on what you wrote. Sorry if that was the case.

FUCK MAN this sucks alright later all. Just do something, everyone.
>>
>>27276991

A female who makes wild generalizations and wants to genocide whole groups of strangers because they are useless to her? Now I've seen everything!
>>
>>27278578
>I'd honestly rather be a POW than what I am right now.

No, you're thinking of a POW like in past wars. Today you'd be a POW of ISIS or something.
>>
>>27280081
Allright anon, ill bite to your story, what did you do? Whats the next step?

Or is it different case for different individual?
>>
>>27279476

clearly the solution is going back to arranged marriages for everyone, since letting women decide who they want to marry has been an unmitigated disaster for society.
>>
>>27272945

Oh, Secularism is offering an alternative. Islam.
>>
>>27280290
I'll do my best to lay some text out for you when I get home if this shit doesn't 404
>>
>>27280315
>clearly the solution is going back to arranged marriages for everyone.

if you think this through, what difference there is on an invididual scale between an arranged mariage and getting a waifu(bot)? in both cases a man and a "woman" are together and the woman has not been asked about their oppinion on the matter.
>>
>>27267110
WHAT A GREAT FUCKING ARTICLE

READING FOR AT LEAST 15 MINUTES NOW

STARTED DRINKING AT 11:20 TODAY (EURO TIME)

YEAH BITCH

GREETINGS FROM THE NETHERLANDS FUCK ALL THE NORMIES
>>
File: hBUJgOp.jpg (179 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
hBUJgOp.jpg
179 KB, 960x720
>>27268981
>just be yourself
>just be
>JUST
>>
>>27271198
damn, canadian public television apparently runs circles around the american version
>>
>>27279723
>Technologically and scientifically we're still in an infancy.
>What do you want, someone ordering you around?
With the evolution of technology it is inevitable for us to just follow what it requires of us. Technology has been ordering us around for centuries and it is a matter of fitting in for us to continue existing in this system.
>>
File: roybatty.gif (495 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
roybatty.gif
495 KB, 500x223
This is us. Every line describes us. The biggest pain was telling ourselves we aren't the rejects of modern nature.
>>
File: 1448056400123.jpg (90 KB, 567x736) Image search: [Google]
1448056400123.jpg
90 KB, 567x736
>>27267110
HA HA HAH HA HAH HA HA HAH HA HA HAH AH HAH HA HAH HA HAH HA HHA HA HA AHSD FHADfsd fjdsif jaidsf jsidfj

Yep, that's about right. I feel like I'm rotting in hell. Fuuuuuuckkkkkk. FUCK.

I've lived off my paranoid schizophrenic dad's NEETbux for the past 6 years. Homelessness soon, suicide is the only option. Too weak to survive.
>>
File: 1457082838492.jpg (271 KB, 1052x1500) Image search: [Google]
1457082838492.jpg
271 KB, 1052x1500
>>27280508
Anon im waiting.
>>
File: 1445693426691.png (75 KB, 506x608) Image search: [Google]
1445693426691.png
75 KB, 506x608
>>27267110
I did not ask for these feels...

But it`s true.
>>
No matter how low I fall, how much of a loser and how pitiful I become.
I will never cross that line. That line of absolute patheticness, blaming others for my pitiful state. I refuse to do that.
>>
>>27281966
Very uncommonly, my relief at work is unaccounted for. Been rather busy because of that...and not home yet, either. Ah well.

I don't go on this board (or 4chan) that much anymore, so I don't recognize your trip. I only say this so you're aware that I really don't know anything about you, apart from the likely accurate presumption that you suffer from PTSD.

My perspective is likely very different from yours, as is my story. No time for all that.

Basically, you must create a new mental framework to deal with any inherent or learned thought/behavior patterns that you find objectively detrimental to any objective you wish to fulfill.

This mental framework (for me specifically) involved some re-definition of "self". Specifically, I saw (and still see, this is a much on-going process) my negative behavioral or thought patterns, mostly taking the form of depressive disorder(s)/symptoms, as something wholly different than my "self".

Most folks would say that their mental aberrations and quirks MAKE them who they are. I reject this. I find it vital to make real entities out of these negative behaviors/thoughts. You must create a narrative in which YOU have an opponent to fight. More than fight; an opponent to kill. You must commit metaphysical violence upon these aberrations which you must excise.

Think of these detrimental things as invaders to be repelled. Think of them as cancer to be purged. Think of them as whatever you wish, but think of them as something you are able to make into your enemy.

Do not accept that "this is just the way I am", as many "experts" advise. Do not attempt to cope with these detrimental feelings and thoughts which lead to behavior.

Instead, you must come to view these things as your foe to fight against; NOT an unfortunate circumstance to cope with or to deal with or to compensate for.

Best I could do on short notice. I apologize for any ambiguity.

oh and horo is a pretty dope waifu m8
>>
>>27279027
Your post is on point.

But out of this for what? This is the kind of post (and thread) that makes me realize that I don't belong here. When you're as short, ugly and severely diseased as I am, there's no solution, your options are immediate death, or work, escapism and then death.

But most of you are healthy, young and attractive enough for an alternative to exist. This is why the existence of something better is a given for you, and your only problem is to find how to get there.
>>
>>27282140
The hard truth is it isn't /r9k/s fault for a lot of it.
A lot of us just got fucked up. There's no help for this kind of thing. At some point in the future, it will be categorized and there will be programs to assist with getting you back into society. They'll give it a fancy name, "Societal Disassociation Something"

Even if it was our fault to get here, there's not much we can do to get out of it. Society currently sees us as expendable and not worth saving. "Pathetic losers", etc.
>>
I have a 10 inch penis and just won $115 million American US dollars, but I'm still unhappy, AMA.
>>
File: 1426751067311.jpg (231 KB, 731x1000) Image search: [Google]
1426751067311.jpg
231 KB, 731x1000
>>27282462
I started using this trip few days ago and didnt post a lot on r9k.

Noted. Thanks lad. Some of your point seems reasonable. Hopefully i wont fuck up this time and can follow your example. Dont worry, its more than enough.

Horo is just class, heres more.
>>
>>27282628
or we have fucked up our lives by wallowing in our depression for years that there is now almost now way out and back to a "normal" life. once you feel like you're trapped into even being alive then suicide becomes a very real possibility
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.