[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For robots who actually want to better their health: Have you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 66d94aa3f9.jpg (15 KB, 236x266) Image search: [Google]
66d94aa3f9.jpg
15 KB, 236x266
For robots who actually want to better their health: Have you tried picking up on swimming?
>good well rounded exercise giving your body flexibility and freedom
>nice general skill to have in swimming, could even help save a life
>refreshing feeling of the water can keep you working out for longer and removes sweat
>exercise which actually lowers stress and becomes an enjoyable pass time
>builds good stamina and strength due to the resistance of the water
>multiple forms of swimstyles to work on and balance out on
>tones your body and gives you a more naturally attractive physique
I know the idea of it if you're kind of fat is unsettling because of going shirtless like that, but you can get in the water quick and just keep swimming, the water and the movement will make it significantly less noticeable than standing at the edge of the water hesitating. I want you guys who strive for better health to do well too.
>>
I'm afraid of being at a pool with a lot of people, or even a lifeguard. Were I near an empty body of water I would swim regularly
>>
Solid advice. Picked up swimming 2 years ago.

Keeps you in shape pretty good and you can go and do it whenever you want since it's not a team sport.
>>
>tfw would love to go swimming but am too ashamed of my lingering bacne and bacne scars
>>
>>27106630
Swimming is great I really should go do it more regularly again.
>>
File: 1453911792765.jpg (35 KB, 316x421) Image search: [Google]
1453911792765.jpg
35 KB, 316x421
>>27106660
If you're afraid of that, there's ways around it
Find out how busy your local pool is on certain days, usually there will be a few dead days where the pools at a minimum, use those times to your advantage. It can't be guaranteed but if you notice a pattern of what days are crammed and which are calmer, just dive in. Alternatively, see if there are places at night, not many people swim at night and ones who do will be like you, wanting to avoid large groups.
>>
>>27106630
I would but I'm afraid of how it would affect my acne
>>
There's a pool at my gym and I always fancy going for a swim after my workout but never feel there's any point as I'm not a strong swimmer.

Do you need to swim really well for it to change your body?
>>
I'd love to but the pool is either riddled with seniors, families, school classes or refugees so I'm not keen on bathing in that Petri-dish. Wish I was rich enough to own a pool.
>>
>>27106831
>always loved swimming
>acne and psoriasis
Fuck my life I want to die
>>
>>27106630
Fuck off >>>/fit/
You fell for the JUST lift scheme now stay there this weekend and lie to everyone including yourself how damn happier you are.
>>
>>27106855
the longer you swim, the better you get. In a few weeks you could be able to swim in the pool for hours.
>>
File: 1455304655329.jpg (124 KB, 750x754) Image search: [Google]
1455304655329.jpg
124 KB, 750x754
>>27106900
>implying swimming is the same as lifting
>implying this isn't actually about getting good health to "JUST BUILD MUSCLE FOR THE WOMYN"
>>
>>27106900
Swimming is cardio tho
>>
I look awful in swimwear
>>
I have load of stretchmarks on my gut though, i'll never be able to bathe or swim in public again.
>>
>>27107044
>>27107085
Again
back to >>>/fit/
You despicable tryhardy normies
>>
File: 1453656076299.jpg (77 KB, 402x382) Image search: [Google]
1453656076299.jpg
77 KB, 402x382
>>27106900
You got the wrong thread mate, I think you meant to go here >>27103389
I'm sick and tired of these "why aren't you lifting" memes that've been spewed here so often, and anyone who actually wants to get healthier is bombarded with that incessant spewing. Made this thread to actually benefit people who want to be healthier, and not be a roided gym monkey.
>>
>>27106630
Absolute nonsense.
Fairly competent swimmer here, got back into swimming 4 years ago. Did intensive sessions every Saturday morning. And I do mean intensive. Did not improve in the slightest in a year. Ruined the fun of swimming for me. So I quit after a year. I felt drained, not refreshed, and now I get terrible fucking migraines and have a cold for a few days after I go swimming.

This self-improvement crap is meaningless.
>>
I have a disgusting body and horrible skin not mention acne/scars and hair and everything else
>>
>>27106900
It's not a meme, it's science, workout out makes you happier.
>>
I do exercise. I run every morning and every other day in the evening as well. On Wednesdays I go swimming, alone. On Fridays I practice Javelin (Spear chucker, har har), archery as well as steeplechase.
On weekends I practice my piano skills in a group of other "normies", in addition to taking an interest in Cello, though I suck at it for now.

Yet, despite all this, I feel as hollow inside as I've felt for the past twenty-three years of my life. Every day feels like being slowly inundated in room-temperature water, and the years pass on as if they were weeks. I never remember anyone's birthday, be it family or my own. I am terrible with names, as I have a difficult time connecting them with the faces attached.

I guess I've just resorted to a mindless routine, waiting for a sudden interruption, a purpose of some nature, while clearly never expecting it to actually happen.
>>
>>27107197
/fit/ is official robot territory
>>
>>27106630

I love the idea of swimming but I hate public baths
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.