[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ghosting (cutting off contact with people)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 27
Have you ever been ghosted? Or ever ghosted somebody?
I'm a socially retarded faggot and I suddenly completely cut off contact with people because of something stupid like I don't know what to say to them. I've done it all my life and now I've ended up a basement dwelling loser with no friends. I feel bad because sometimes they continue to try to contact me, even several months after. Somehow it makes it even more awkward to reply.
How do I recover this?
If someone ghosted you, what would be the best thing they could they do to fix it? Respond? If so, what with?
>>
I do this all the time because I get annoyed with having to act like I care about peoples' shitty days over text messages. I way prefer in person communication but people get so butthurt if I don't text them back it affects my relationships in real life.
>>
>>26658139
I hate texts. How the hell are you supposed to respond to "hey" and "what's up?" with more than two words?
>>
Yes, I have done this to atleast I would say 15+ people.

I actually saw one of them in a mall not too long ago. We made eye contact from quite far away. I then proceeded to walk away within the crowd of people and they never saw me again.

I wonder how they see me from their perspective. I must be a mysterious fuck to them. Actually quite funny. They were all my past "friends" aswell. I hope they have forgotten about me though.
>>
One of my best friends ghosted me for eve online. I miss him a lot.
>>
I've done this to people I've met on /r9k/ because I'm so deathly afraid of talking to them and I feel like I'm wasting their time every time I say something

I've never held an online friend more than a week, either they delete me because I'm boring and shy or I delete them because I'm scared
>>
>>26658259
>How the hell are you supposed to respond to "hey"
What's up
>and "what's up?" with more than two words?
Tell them what's up
>>
>>26658047
There is no one in my life for me to "ghost", unless I just stopped showing up to work one day
>>
>>26658047
after i left middle school literally all my friends ghosted me. I even staked a few and sent them messages but they just ignored them. I ken them for years feels bad man
>>
>>26658047
I dunno but I just don't contact people because I'm scared and of course they don't contact me ever so...ummm...
>>
I run out of social stamina sometimes. I want to have friends, someone to talk to, people that make me feel included in society, but I can't hold a conversation. Either I get "tired" of it or I just have nothing to talk about, since life is empty and useless. I don't get how normies keep and strengthen their relationships. Doesn't matter now anyways, not one really talks to me anymore, and since I sit around and do nothing all the time I have nothing to talk to them about
>>
File: 1453188137121.jpg (53 KB, 1018x626) Image search: [Google]
1453188137121.jpg
53 KB, 1018x626
>>26658047
I used to do this to nigger harlot beasts in college until one of my childhood friends actually ghosted me. It felt as if he killed himself. Please be careful with who you ghost. Like yes, ghost dumb sluts who only want to use you, ghost people who you see smile in your face and talk shit behind your back with dozens of other people who smile in your face, but never ghost the people who were truly connected with you. that is selfish
>>
I've been ghosted by the same group of 'friends' twice now. Currently friendless for the past 2 years.

Also, I am currently ghosting my ex. We lived together for 4 months and she just up and broke up with me and moved out one day, and is now attempting to get in touch with me, thus the ghosting. It's going on 2 days now, with her about 100 texts and calls.
>>
The fuck is ghosting?
>>
>>26658047
>something stupid like I don't know what to say to them
I actually stopped talking to a lot of people because I ran out of shit to talk about with them.
>>
File: 1449052705871.jpg (42 KB, 210x434) Image search: [Google]
1449052705871.jpg
42 KB, 210x434
>implying i ghosted
>implying my best friends didn't start giving zero fucks about me, practically abandoned years of friendship because they all became chads and/or found a more popular group of people to hang with

No, this wasn't my choice. I fucking hate my old friends because they just stopped caring about me like it was nothing.
>>
If other people are ghosting you there is two options
either leave them alone like they want
be creepy and stalk/monitor them
If you're trying to ghost other people, most of them will probably be creepy about it but keep a distance.
>>
>>26660420
>they just stopped caring about me

maybe you take more to care for now, than you did back when you were friends with them.

>Implying you can't slowly fall in to introversion over time, completely losing who you once were
>>
>>26658047
I'd gladly do this to everyone I know if I didn't have to see them daily at work.

Also this
>>26660420
>>
File: 1451898144501.jpg (117 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1451898144501.jpg
117 KB, 960x720
>>26660461
>sit at the lunch table like regularly
>"no anon, you can't sit here anymore, we all decided on it"
>>
I ghosted a shit ton of people inadvertently after moving away from home and never seeing them on a regular basis. I like to justify it by saying I have to keep moving forward in my life and become acquainted with new people, but the truth is that I'm alone and doing nothing most of the time and I actually prefer it to having to actually socialize with people.

The weirdest part is that some people always try to contact you again no matter how long ago it has been or how frustrated they must be based on the anger in their texts, voicemails, etc.

Kind of makes me wonder if they actually enjoy my company for whatever reason, or if they just can't stand the thought of not being needed/relevant to someone else. I'm banking on the latter, desu senpai.
>>
In middle school I didn't have very many real life friends, but I was super good friends with these folks from this small village in Ohio. We met over Xbox 360, talked every day, and I even brought them souvenirs that I later mailed to them after going on vacations.

I don't know what I was doing, but I started getting gay as fuck with them. First, as a "joke" I'd read them this online sex story about a cheerleader and a tiger, where the tiger corners and fucks them. I'd have big ass xbox live listening parties for this shit, people would stay for the entire thing. Then, once on a whim with one of them, I did this weird nazi german girl RP thing where I talked about how she was slowly seducing them, and they'd talk about what they'd do to her and we'd go back and forth. Being so many states away I dropped out pretty easy. After a few months they started working really hard to get me to play games with them because I just sort of started to drift away without saying anything, and I think it hurt them. They were my friends no matter what.

I'm such a faggot, man. God damn, I should have kept it together, what's wrong with me
>>
>>26658259
How the fuck else do you start a conversation, idiot retard? Can you guys find dumber shit to complain about, or can you just admit that maybe you're the reason you don't get along with people? Not every conversation has to be some big deep meaningful intellectual pursuit, just talk damn it.
>>
>>26658259
whats up literally just means "what are you doing?"
even if you're doing something boring you can still say something
>>
>>26660636
tell us more about the tiger and cheerleader anon
>>
>>26660287
get out normie reeee
b l o x x x x x x
>>
I've done it many times. long story, but I dropped all my "friends" by doing this, just out of the blue stopped responding to them. eventually they take the hint and fuck off.

I explained why I had to do it a few months later to the only decent human being in my lot of friends, but the rest were all different grades of scum and it wasn't worth the effort. most people ultimately aren't worth the effort.
>>
>>26660703
It was just called The Cheerleader or something. It was one beastiality story in this giant collection of them that I found by literally googling "beastiality stories". I'm pretty sure I spelled it wrong as opposed to "bestiality".
>>
File: 1453842310476.jpg (48 KB, 491x720) Image search: [Google]
1453842310476.jpg
48 KB, 491x720
I stop contacting people in order to prevent them from stopping contact with me first. It hurts much less.
>>
>>26660764
Yes I see, I totally meant explain that and not tell us a story about bestiality. Wouldn't be into that now that I think about it. Thank you for clarify anon.
>>
File: 1391158138950.jpg (14 KB, 318x284) Image search: [Google]
1391158138950.jpg
14 KB, 318x284
>>26660843
The story starts out under the incredibly implausible scenario that a highschool keeps a live fucking tiger inside a shitty concrete indoor cage for its mascot

It goes on to add that this violent big-ass tiger is fed and maintained by the cheerleading squad for no evident reason

Head cheerleader needs to feed the fucker before leaving school and it's late as fuck

Apparently the school purchased the heaviest possible water bowl, and she can hardly move it

She fucked up trying to push it, ends up scrambled on her knees inside the cage soaked in water and then the tiger mounts her

It wasn't very good. I was underage
>>
>>26660930
>It goes on to add that this violent big-ass tiger is fed and maintained by the cheerleading squad for no evident reason
they wear orange and black striped tops with short skirts? pig tails.
that kinda sounds like it'd be sort of clinging to her really tight if it got wet from the water bowl.
I think your right it really doesn't sound very good for her at all
>>
>>26661029
Go get a job, Anon.
>>
Yeah, I did that when I moved out.

I'm not interesting on the least so why bother. And the shit they talked about wasn't interesting either, so fuck em.
>>
If you've ever done this, you're a normie, because someone was communicating with you in the first place.
>>
>>26661088
fuck i really want another one i know i need it
>>
>>26660196
I'm in that same cycle of nothingness
>>
>>26661114
21 y/o khv. Please, go on, tell me how I am a normie.
>>
>>26661114
It's the point where you cut ties and loose your normie status. I'm sure a lot of robots had maybe 1 or 2 male friends at school before they became friendless.
>>
>>26658047
i knew a girl like 4 years and we got into a LDR that lasted 2 years. she broke up but later came back to me. after a fe wmonth i realised that it's literally like being single while not being able to look out for other girls and she became a bit distant to me as well so i literally stopped talking to her without blocking her or anything, just didn't replied. a year or so later she randomly apologized and now we talk sometimes. i'm still lonely, but LDR is not an option anymore.
>>
File: sadguts.png (994 KB, 1000x1016) Image search: [Google]
sadguts.png
994 KB, 1000x1016
>>26660539
I know this feel.
I've felt this feel multiple times.
I wouldn't wish this feel on my worst enemy.
>>
File: r9k.jpg (14 KB, 251x236) Image search: [Google]
r9k.jpg
14 KB, 251x236
>make friends with a sophomore in senior year at highschool
>computer broke so can't play videogames with him anymore, just post on 4chan with laptop
>don't want to just Skype talk with them if we're not also playing a videogame because I don't have shit to talk about
>don't see him in person anymore since I go to college now
>haven't logged into anything for almost a year
>at one point saw depression related shit on my phone by mistake
>he probably thinks I killed myself
>for some reason this makes me happy
>>
The person I'm in love with is "ghosting" me.

It's really bringing out the worst and best in me.

I'm allocating resources to both improving myself so much that I can't be ignored and mapping out their contacts and ways I can manipulate those people to reveal more information. They live about 5 hours away from me, so it's a pain not being able to stalk them more efficiently. I wound up just wandering around that city for a few days with no luck. All I want is to talk to them again like we used to. Just one more chance.
>>
I have, my "friend" got upset and said to me "i wish you were dead."
>wish granted
>>
File: 1455815780394.png (211 KB, 513x408) Image search: [Google]
1455815780394.png
211 KB, 513x408
I've ghosted everyone that's given an ounce of a fuck about me in my life outside of my parents, and I regret it every single time.

I have a severe problem in regards to running away from my problems and any confrontation I may have. The thing is, I'm really bad at expressing my emotions and who I truly am. So, when I'm out in the world, I pretend to be the complete opposite of who I really am.

Eventually, it becomes so hard and tiresome to keep up the facade that I just drop it entirely and ghost whoever once knew me.

I met a really nice guy at the last job I worked and I thought, for once, I found a friend. However, he was a heavy drinker, liked the bar scene and smoked a lot of weed. For the short time I hung out with him, I said fuck it and tried to conform my ways to his in hopes that I could maintain a friendship.

Eventually, as time went on, I was just tired of it and of course, instead of actually being honest and telling him all about myself and how I felt, I disappeared.

Quit the job I was working at, removed him off steam, and my phone and tried to totally forget about him.

However, just before Christmas, he wished me a Merry one as well as a happy new year. He also wrote a large block of text saying how he was removing me from his contacts and a bunch of other shit, but I couldn't stomach to read through it all so I deleted it and blocked his number.

Every year, no matter what happens, I end up hating myself more and more. I want to change so badly, but I feel as though I've crossed the line of no return.

I know you don't browse this site, and I doubt this board. But, I'm sorry Greg and I wish you luck in life.
>>
File: smug pepe.jpg (105 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe.jpg
105 KB, 800x800
>>26658047
>tfw ghosted my old best friend when he came out of the closet
>>
>>26658047
I got ghosted by a long time friend. We were best friends for about four years, since the beginning of high school. Then one day, he cut me off. I don't give a fuck, either. Anyone scummy enough to pull that isn't worth it. My only regret is wasting those years on him.
>>
>>26661987
I've got a similar story too, but only after a few weird things started happening.

>friend comes out as bi
>asked if I could move in with him and be his roommate
>every time he asked to hang out, he'd only invite me instead of our group of friends like he used to
>used to always try to get me drunk and smoke weed with him
>>
>>26661222
WAKE ME UP

nice triparinos
>>
I do it to 90% of the people I meet. I just stop using old contact information and sometimes clear out all my contact lists, never really keep anything up for more than 9 months. I would like to be completely alone but I just don't have the resources.
>>
>>26660420
same here, the absolute worst is when they give you shit for things you do and then go on and do the same with other fucking people, fuck them
>>
File: 1455234556888.jpg (21 KB, 259x365) Image search: [Google]
1455234556888.jpg
21 KB, 259x365
what the hell is ghosting?

are you guys huanting people, trying to spook them?
>>
It's a satisfaction you can't match. Like the breaking of chemical bonds to release energy. It feels good to cut someone off.
>>
>>26660196
Happens to me to, and the only way i am actually able to keep in contact with people is if i play games with them online, In most cases they decline.
>Game is Hard
>>
>>26662638
Read the thread subject, fegt.
>>
>>26662638
>He isn't a ghost haunting his loved ones
Get out normie
>>
>>26662670
Hey, that's further than what I can do. I can't even ask them to play with me. Instead I wait, hoping someone would care, and invite me to play. Instead they decide to play with eachother and not me. If they cared they would have asked me to play with them r-right?
>>
File: blini2.jpg (90 KB, 535x508) Image search: [Google]
blini2.jpg
90 KB, 535x508
I refuse to make a facebook, and communicating via text message telling people where I've been for the past 4 months is too much of a hassle. Much less a phone call.

It's okay. I just hope I never run into them again.
>>
>make a few really great steam friends through an obscure game site
>rarely actually play games together but make a group and chat all the time
>one day be in a bad mood and be pretty mean in the group chat
>get called out for behaving that way
>autism flares, don't log into steam for half a year
>log back on expecting messages from them asking what happened or why i haven't been on
>none

This is the one that truly hurt a lot. Cried when I found out none of them cared.

>go from hhkv to kv with a girl at uni
>suddenly have to leave due to manic episode
>she never asks me if i'm ok

This was also tough because I felt like a cyborg on the rise for like two weeks.

>meet girl on tinder while traveling
>qt with a great personality
>even supportive of my fetish
>video chat a few times
>she says she likes a guy where she lives and doesn't want to sext anymore
>haven't contacted her since

This happened recently enough that it could be salvageable. She's cool enough that I want to be friends but I also want to sext.

>best friend doesn't respond to me for a couple weeks
>finally does
>no contact because he got 5150'd

It was pretty scary for those weeks because he was the only person I was friends with at the time.

>try to ghost my mother repeatedly
>never can go through with it because i'm too dependent

Maybe someday I'll be able to. Don't want to ghost my little brother though and he lives with her so that probably won't work.
>>
There was a girl I met on omelet when I was bored so decided to talk to people who randomly spammed their Kik. We started talking very regularly and became close; we both knew that trying to "date" online would be autistic but I always thought to myself if we knew each other irl we would be in love. But being the autistic fuck I was, during the summer I pretty much ignored her texts during the day so I could play fucking videogames, I knew it was shitty and it made her feel shitty but I was too autistic to stop. Eventually she ghosted me and I've tried striking up conversation with her a couple times every once in a while but she quickly just stops talking again, I've stopped trying. It's been a couple years but I still miss her and haven't met any person that would be better for me

tl;Dr girl ghosted me but I deserved
>>
File: why.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>i had a friend who said that all i said was stupid and he was laughing about it with his real friends
i instantly removed him from anything i had
it has been 6 months
he was my only friend
>tfw
>>
File: The_Egg_Man.jpg (654 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
The_Egg_Man.jpg
654 KB, 1080x1920
I ghost people all the time. Mostly because I have commitment issues and I can't commit to a friend or group of friends and I just want to leave and do my own thing. After years of doing this all I have to show for it is being a khv, With no fucking friends.
>>
I ghosted like 3 of my friends or something back like 3 years ago then I left school now they only ever see me on super rare occasions always from afar and I never let them approach me
>>
>build a new relationship with entirely new people
>goes well the first weeks
>have a minor disagreement over something or I otherwise perceive myself as annoying them
>completely shut down all contact

And the cycle repeats.
>>
>>26663508
I know that feel.

>start getting to know my old coworkers
>one coworker starts cracking short jokes and outright calls me a midget
>everyone in the group just stops laughing and nobody says anything
>I say nothing, walk off
>never talk to them again
>>
>>26660654
Actually, most of the time, I just stated what I needed from them. No "hi", no "what's up", no nothing.
If I don't want anything from a person, I just don't start a conversation at all.
>>
>>26661866
Have a (you) because I know these feels. I don't trust anyone with my private thoughts outside of r9k. I get so afraid of other's having info on me that I want to check out of life entirely. I wasn't always like this but one day I just was deathly afraid of people.
>>
I ghosted on my close friends for over a year, going on two years now. Suffice it to say, I lost friends that I'd known since 7th grade, around 6-7 years. I was depressed, highly suicidal, and couldn't stand the thought of my friends seeing me in such a fucked up state.

I ran into one of those friends about 2 months ago, shortly after I had come to a life-changing realization/'gotten better' and we've reconnected a bit. It's almost like we never stopped being friends, which technically we hadn't, but it was nice. I saw a different friend the other night, the friend I was most like, and the only friend of mine that I knew for sure browsed 4chan regularly. He either didn't see me, even though we were walking toward each other on a bridge, or chose to ignore me, which hurts, but I realize that I likely deserved it for ghosting on him.
>>
Is it possible to salvage a relationship after ghosting?
>>
Every time I think I want a friend I realize I don't actually.

Every time I think I want attention I realize I don't actually want any attention. I don't know what I want. Its always confusing me.
>>
I've dropped contact with all but like one or two of my old friends just because we don't see each other or have much in common on a day to day basis anymore. It's not that I dislike them or that they necessarily dislike me, but I'm not good at initiating social interactions without a clear goal outside of just wanting to talk with them.
>>
I ghost people often.

I set lines, and when people cross them, they become dead to me for good. Hasn't made me a lot of friends, but fuck them anyway. I don't like any of them.
>>
>>26663157
>even supportive of my fetish
incest fetish?
>>
>>26665207
Rather, I meant to say that I can't initiate conversations without having a distinct goal EVEN IF I just want to talk to them because I enjoy their company and miss them. It just feels kind of weird being able to ask someone who you haven't seen or talked with in years just how they're doing? I'd love to have the confidence to do that, but it's just too much for me.
>>
>>26660196
have depression like me?
>>
>>26658047
its pretty bad.
at least you didn't take a bunch of drugs for a whole 6 months, completely ruin your own reputation while knowing a large amount of people and then disappear in shame.

if you havent actually completely embarassed yourself, nothing wrong in responding, otherwise if you did what i did, you are fucked and you will have to remake your life.
>>
>>26663558
damn man, this is why I just keep to myself. I don't care if I come across as a social pariah. Jesus fuck.
>>
>>26661866
oh man, that feel. -hugs-
>>
>>26665381
Got a form 1 on my record (it was reccomended by university counseling, I said sure why not) plus had to leave uni because they didn't want my dead body there (that made the form 1 useless, now I have that to carry, I dint think I have a record tho, at least I hope not)
>>
>>26665407
i ghosted everyone i knew after becoming a stripper
>>
I did it in highschool, to a kid who'd been my best friend since the first year of elementary. I kind of hated myself for doing it, but there was basically no option for me at the time.

I'd wound up in all the high end classes for smartest of the smart, and he'd wound up in all the remedial classes for the dumbest of the dumb. He *was* dumb. Dumb as a rock, but he was a good kid. We'll call him Butters - not just because of southpark, but because that was, honest to god, his name.

But there was no explaining he was good guy to the kids who were now in my classes - the people I had to spend 5 hours with every day. They just looked at him the same way they look at all the other kids in his classes; as retards. As tomorrow's burger flippers, bottom feeders, and even criminal thugs - the people they'd be hiring and firing in ten years. People who'd be calling them sir and ma'am. In many cases, even his, this was not an inaccurate assessment.

Needless to say, being seen with him made me an easy target to my classmates. I didn't have the balls to take the hit to defend him - my social standing was low enough already. I didn't have the balls to tell him why I had to cut my best friend out of my life.
I just started avoiding him. Whenever I saw him in the halls I'd move away from him. If he called out to me or waved I'd pretend not to see or hear, or give little more than an awkward nod before hurrying away into the crowd. He tried to ask me what the deal was a couple times over the course of a year or two, but I sure as shit didn't want to tell him he was too uneducated and too working class for the people I was now forced to have to get along with.

That was over 10 years ago. In hindsight it seems ridiculous that I did that to my best friend, and for such a pompous reason. I'd probably still be friends with him today if I hadn't.

...But at the time, it seemed like the only option. Anything to be bullied even a little bit less by the pricks in my class.
>>
>>26665501
losing energy/ interest in your social life is a big part of depression
>>
>>26665697
so... do you cam?
>>
>>26665699
I literally cannot comprehend caring so much about the opinions of people you don't even like. I've never seen this kind of social hierarchy shit that people talk about in my entire life, but I guess that's autism.
>>
>>26665697
i dont know all the details of your stripper story, but desu i think my situation was like 10x worse if you were just seen making some extra money by shaking your ass at horny guys at 3am.

that might make you feel a tad better, roastie
>>
>>26665699
You're literally Chad, butters is a robot
>be bullied just a little less
You were literally friends with the bullies and they were bullying your friend so you stopped being friends with him.
You are lying yo yourself so hard faggot, you don't belong here at all.
>>
>>26665897
>I literally cannot comprehend caring so much about the opinions of people you don't even like.

When you are stuck in a room with them for 5 hours a day, for 5 years, you have no option but to care about their opinion, because if you don't, you are going to get your ass beaten, or your locker is going to mysteriously be smashed in and robbed.

Being the kid with no friends wasn't as bad as being the kid with no friends except for a retard who thinks coal miner is his dream job because it's all his dirt poor family has ever known.
>>
>>26661866
This hits a little too close to home. Who else here has to put up a front when hanging out with other people? Why am I more comfortable being myself around complete strangers than people that are supposedly my friends? Fuck.
>>
>>26665946
>You're literally Chad

lolno. I was khv until I was 22

>>26665946
see>>26665996
>>
>>26665699
f a g
a a
g a f
>>
I got ghosted back during my freshman year of college.

After a miserably lonely first semester, I finally met people who I felt were my friends. And then, like the greedy dumbass I am, I had to attempt to befriend the loner who was sitting next to me at the diner. His name was Clayton, and he entered my circle of friends. But then, when we were all at the dinner table some time later, he showed his true colors. I made an off color joke about bestiality. Nobody laughed except for me. Then suddenly, every time dinner came around, nobody would respond to my texts or invite me out to eat with them. Nobody.

After about three weeks of being left in the dark, I asked Tom, the one who I'd trusted most, why nobody would even talk to me anymore. And what did he tell me? He told me that Clayton felt weird hanging out with me after that joke at the dinner table. He told me that he'd defended me, but that everybody else - even Bobby - thought Clayton's feelings were justified. And they respected his feelings over mine. So I just... drowned myself in books, I guess.

A couple years later, I was working at the uni diner. And, when I sat down for lunch, a familiar voice asked me a question, "Woah, how's it been!?" It was Clayton. He had the nerve to, after turning all my friends against me, act like we were still close. I could've killed him. But I didn't. I was too beta! I just laughed and said 'yeah'. And when he said we should hang out? I agreed. We never did end up hanging out though.

If we met now, I like to think that I'd attack him. Of all the people who've hurt me, I hate him the most.
>>
I like being alone and refuse to let people get close to me. Online friends are easy to ghost for obvious reasons and I always do because there's nothing I hate more than hearing somebody say "I'm glad we're such good friends anon." Coworkers are a bit trickier because I can't physically disappear without losing my job, but eventually they stop trying to connect when they realize that they just pass through.

When I have enough money to move somewhere, probably in a few years' time, I'll ghost my family, too.
>>
>>26666114
That seems like such a petty reason to cut somebody off. Its really not worth being so distressed over such shit heels. Friends come and go, rarely you meet someone who's worth it.
>>
>>26661987

doing this now.

hes my only true friend but ive been ghosting him for 3 weeks because the last time he came over he told me he wanted me to make love to him and fuck him in the ass.

he also said he wanted to suck my dick.

i played it off smooth like joking around "haha yea maybe next weekend man,i got work tomorrow morning" but i never saw him again and he knows im a NEET.
>>
I've done it to everybody I once was friends with. Halfway through freshman year of university I deleted my Facebook, started ignoring texts, and basically stopped communicating with the world. There were a couple reasons why I did it but I think the main one was overwhelming feelings of inadequacy and self-hatred.

It's been three years since then and gradually I've destroyed just about every single extra-familial social contact I once possessed. I spend almost a lot of my time alone now. For a while some of the people I cut off would try to reach out to me, but they've stopped. I think I'm glad too, because I am incapable of re-entering the normie world. The summer after I deleted my Facebook I actually worked up the nerve to attend a small social gathering, but it was hellish. Questions about my major. How is school going. I thought you were dead, haha. What are your new friends like? The anxiety was incredible. It's too late, I'm damaged now.

I'm still doing in the process of holocausting my life actually, just applying the finishing touches. This afternoon I turned on my phone for the first time in about a week and saw a text from my last remaining social contact, a thieving piece of shit drug dealer who irritates and embarrasses me, but who was my friend in high school and lives near me. I'm "ghosting" him (haven't spoken for a while now), and he might be the one person who should have started with back at the beginning of university. I'll probably regret it by the end of the year, but right now it feels like the right thing to do.

I don't want to see other people. I can't see other people. I have nothing to talk with them about; it isn't enjoyable to pretend and play stupid social roles I can't fulfill, and if I was honest about the things I think and feel they would immediately reject me, which would be a natural reaction. I don't want to be honest and I don't want to lie, so I choose isolation.
>>
as soon as i graduated high school, i dropped all contact with anyone i ever knew, even some old elementary friends, but i stayed in contact with 3 really close friends
i dont have any social media so its not like they could contact me in the first place, but i no longer even live in my hometown
sometimes i think have a thought that someone back there might have actually given a shit about me and wondered where i went, but i very much doubt that
>>
File: 1451379319023s.jpg (3 KB, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
1451379319023s.jpg
3 KB, 125x83
>ghost this girl who saved my life
>she calls me almost every day for a year
>occasionally leaves 2-3 second voicemails of her choking back tears
>stopped trying to call me a couple weeks ago

i wonder what was going through her mind
>>
>>26660196
I feel the same. I'll try to be normal and talk to people but after a while I just get exhausted trying to think of shit to talk about
>>
>>26666305
It was and Tom knew it, but Tom wasn't willing to compromise his relationship with Bobby who'd been his best friend since early childhood for somebody he's only met that year. I understood it. But the ordeal as a whole left me so spiritless that I developed a severe case of Depersonalisation Disorder where I'd find my body attempting stupid risky behaviors but felt like there was no stopping it. For example, I'd ride against the traffic in icy weather on a bike at the side of the road. I don't even know why. Never have. I just... was a stranger.

Eventually, my girlfriend left me too, probably because of how despairing I was when she wasn't around. She told me that she was leaving me because I wasn't religious though. Her leaving me removed myself from myself to such a degree that for the next year and a half, I merely laid in bed. Were it not for my roommate covering my rent, bringing me food, bringing me water, telling me to shower, I would be dead. I went from 155lbs of muscle to 115lbs of death. My stomach was bloated. My chest did not exist. My heartbeat was so faint that I could not feel my own pulse. And the whole time, I was just, a stranger.
>>
>think this thread will be about being ghosted
>all these robots ghosting other people

what the fuck? being ghosted is traumatizing.

>>26658047
>If someone ghosted you, what would be the best thing they could they do to fix it?

be honest, retard. say you don't know why you did it or didn't know what to say but you're sorry and didn't mean to hurt them.
>>
File: 1438571502370.gif (264 KB, 226x206) Image search: [Google]
1438571502370.gif
264 KB, 226x206
tmw someone will roll 26666666
>>
>>26661574
that's creepy man just move on
>>
26666666 get
get
>>
>>26666481
I bet she didn't really save your life but was rather a kind of catalyst that allowed you to save yourself.

You ghosted her because she didn't want to have sex with you.
>>
26666666 get
get GET
>>
26666666 GET GET GET GET
>>
File: 1452503264461.jpg (407 KB, 869x873) Image search: [Google]
1452503264461.jpg
407 KB, 869x873
been doing it since i was 15, 25 now. i developed some hardcore armor in high school and its been hell trying to peel it off. its hard to pull yourself out of the pit when you have literally no one. just finding a job was awful, so many failed interviews. i dont even want a social life just a living soul to relate to.
>>
>>26666666
Dikkitkgirkikikrgiktg
>>
>>26660295
When you completely disappear from someone's life.

You stop replying to any texts, facebook messages, phonecalls, etc and never see them in person again.
>>
File: 1406418101035.png (68 KB, 403x250) Image search: [Google]
1406418101035.png
68 KB, 403x250
Yeah, I've been "ghosted" before.
>hanging out with friends
>pull a dumb joke and accidentally put a TINY little dent (like, smaller than a dime) into my friend's car (should point out it wasn't a fancy/new car or anything, it was a beater)
>i felt REALLY stupid about it, but i felt like acting all repentant about it would make it seem like it was a big deal (and, frankly, it really wasn't), so i just kind of tried not to talk about it and act normal on the way home, he seemed okay too
>just to make sure we were cool, i gave him all the money i had in my wallet at the time (it was only like 10 bucks i think), apologized again, and told him if it cost more to get the dent repaired he'd just have to ask and i'd pay for it
And yet, apparently, I wasn't "sincere" enough, so he refused to talk to or acknowledge me for half a year.
>>
I've ghosted two women.
One was a mutual ghosting but the other I felt kinda bad about. It was some one night stand (inb4 reeee) that I really regretted cause I was really drunk. The other was some grill I was fuckin for a bit but we had nothing in common.

I have been ghosted quite a bit though, but only one really hurt me. I've seen her since and she acts like I'm some total freak if she sees me in public even though I didn't do anything.
>>
This is a sad. Why can't we apologise, why can't we forgive. We are social beings and really do need people in our lives that care. The way is to communicate I suppose. Tell them they hurt you and why. Try not to have too much ego and just let stupid shit go while learning and protecting yourself.

Speak out at the moment you're offended or bullied. Don't just think 'we're done'.
>>
Ghosted every ex.

Ghosted highschool in final year to finish somewhere else.

Ghosted skype and all people i have/had on skype.

Sometimes i wonder if im so alone from self isolation or because people genuinely dislike me and i naturally distance myself.

Probably both
>>
i'm ghosting my oneitis
it's normally a cycle of
>hitting on her
>she being weirded out
>not talking to her for like, 4 months i think
>she hits me up out of nowhere with an "i miss talking to you"
>repeat until mental sanity completely dissapears

i want out of this. i am fully aware of this now and i really want out of this now. last time we spoke was on Thursday and she never replied to what I last said, which is good. I want out of this hellish ride. I'm happier when I don't remember her existence
>>
I ghosted my parent in October of last year and haven't had contact yet. I'm becoming more and more depressed, unable to find work, living with my boyfriend who they don't know about. I ghosted my first person in 9th and drove him to almost kill himself but I was protecting him from me. I'm thinking about doing it to my boyfriend because he's too autistic to deal with half the time and then go shoot myself with a gun I have stashed in the woods. The only one that bothers me is my dad who was one of the few people good to me in my life. They probably think I'm dead.
>>
>>26658047
Didnt even know there was a word for this. Been doing it literally all my life not only to every person ive come in contact with but even with my family. Its possible im schyzotipal, cant tell if my actions stem from genuinely not giving a fuck about others, fear of being hurt rejection etc or both. I only kinds regret doing it to 2 persons so far, cool guys.
>>
>>26658047
I ghosted a girl I met in college like, twice because she wasn't mentally stable and I wasn't the only guy to do so. She had a baby in highschool and she was an emotional wreck who would call whatever guy she latched onto at late hours to cry about how bad her life is. She texted me out of the blue two months ago and we talked about where our lives are currently and that's about it.
>>
>>26666561
we ghost because we are ghosts. we're shells and it makes us push people away.

>tfw years ago I talked to a girl online
>one night I call her sister
>she likes it and we start calling each other sister and brother
>we get really close
>the more she gives me her heart, the more it hurts that I could never make her happy in real life
>eventually end up ghosting her
>thinking she doesn't really need me because she has other people
>she later tells me I broke her heart
>talk for a while but it's clear I can't repair what I did
>have no way to contact her now
>still think about how much I fucked up
>imagine if I'd handle things differently, we might still have a close, loving relationship

I suppose it's better to be on your own as a ghost. getting too close to the living, you almost start to think you're one of them. then you remember you're hollow inside.
>>
>keep ghosting people I love and care about
>think about them regularly, but can't muster the effort to overcome my whirlwind of feelings to convey some of it to them
>keep my friendship group small and not intense to cope
>>
File: 1454202648934.jpg (92 KB, 713x713) Image search: [Google]
1454202648934.jpg
92 KB, 713x713
>>26658047
Have you ever been ghosted?
>by pretty much everybody I've ever known

Or ever ghosted somebody?
>Everybody I've met

I just figured it's like adding FB friends, you don't really need to keep in contact with them
>>
>>26666650
>Unnecessary projection, the post
>>
>ghosted people for many years because of feelings of worthlessness
>years later
>look through unanswered Normiebook messages of them trying to reestablish contact
>try to message a few of the most promising potential friends
>they don't respond

Everybody gets exactly what they deserve.
>>
File: 1400950826452.jpg (80 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
1400950826452.jpg
80 KB, 553x567
Some weeks ago i cut off every communication with my gf and friends,also didn't log in normiebook at all.

These were the best days in my life,my head was clear and i could literally do everything.It's a fucking addiction.
>>
>>26666880
You and I are having a tiny disagreement. Time to ghost you.
I really do do this
>>
>>26658047
Maybe you could've just replied to them you socially awkward faggot. Avoiding interaction, basically avoiding life. What will you do when your enabler parents die?
>>
>they try to contact you
lmao get the fuck out of here normie
>>
>>26658047
I ghosted some younger trap I used to erp with.

He was fun, had good fetishes and he praised my roleplay. I liked him. But he was lazy and made me do all the work and bugged me about getting on all the time with him. And whenever I took a break for a while and came back he'd sulk.

It drove me crazy. I feel bad because he was sweet but I just can't stand that shit.
>>
>>26658274
>mysterious
No, autistic
>>
>>26669564
>Avoiding interaction, basically avoiding life.
Normo exit roooooo
>>
>>26658047
I've never really ghosted except on a few rare occasions.

However, I've been on the receiving end of ghosting many times.

I guess I'm just an insufferable annoyance for most people.
>>
>>26666357
I identified with many of your feels anon and youre right about it being too late and having no reason to talk to others. Have a (You).
>>
File: 1443052444659.png (32 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1443052444659.png
32 KB, 633x758
>>26658047
I pretty much ghosted my whole family once I moved out, the sad thing is I left them my number and they never bothered to call. Its been 4 years.
>Also no friends
>>
>>26660654
Fuck off, if you want to talk about something (even if I jerked off today), say it and don't go around with stupid openers such as "what's up".
>>
>>26658047
I do it every couple of years, mostly people don't change so they get annoying after a while. Only gets worse as you get older, but most friendships for me just become exhausting.
>>
>>26665996
>because if you don't, you are going to get your ass beaten, or your locker is going to mysteriously be smashed in and robbed.

Jesus Christ. What the fuck is wrong with Americans. Why are you so violent and cruel?
>>
>Had a lot of friends in high school
>I realized that I was the one who always initiated contact with them
>Stopped contacting them after HS to see if they would contact me
>Never heard from them since

That was a decade ago.
>>
This thread pissed me off. Robots are overwhelmingly narcissistic.. Anyone who "ghosts" people who love them is a fucking scumbag piece of shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 960x720
>ghosted my ex
>it will drive her insane whether she likes it or not.
>If I do see her in person I will thank her for being a piece of shit alcoholic

Ghosting is a fitting punishment for those who have wronged ( You ).

FeelsGood.net
>>
Ghosted several people because I decided I did not want to be friends with them anymore.

Apologized and tried to maintain good relations with one of them (a grill that was into me at one point), but it was a disaster because the fact that I tried to cut contact with her was always the elephant in the room.

The above example was kinda stupid and a personal mistake, but I don't think I did wrong by ghosting others and never reaching out to them again. It's a shitty thing to do as a friend, but it's something you do when you don't want to be friends anymore. I think it's better than maintaining a shallow relationship just for appearances, or even worse, pretending that you're a good friend when you're not.
>>
>>26670774
>Implying the people that ghosted didn't move on a day later
Don't be so full of yourself faggot, you're not that important.
>>
>>26670841
*they ghosted
>>
>>26660836
Nailed it, right in the feels
>>
No, They never initiated contact with me in the first place, and they would ask me to stop talking to them, or block me. Nobody has ever cared about me, they tolerated me for a bit and then told me to fuck off.
>>
Yeah I do it to girls who reject me, I don't want to be friends with you bitch I want a loving relationship built on mutual trust and respect.
>>
>>26670880
A few people I did say to fuck off first simply because I felt they would do it to me. I have tried to reconnect but its too late.
>>
>>26658047
This is why I'll never have kids, I'd do the same to them
>>
>talking to someone for less than a week
>having nice conversations
>they delete me in the middle of a conversation
Please no.
>>
>>26670195
It's friendly to ask someone what is up with them. Sorry but you're the one with the problem anon.
>>
I feel like a shallow piece of shit, but there's this girl that messages me on facebook every few days with "hi" as an opener. She doesn't talk much at all and I have to carry the conversations all the time, so I just ignored her last hi and I feel guilty but it's painful just talking to her.
>>
>>26665381
fuck off you cancerous retard.

quit using the term depression as if its a fucking disease you pos. people like you are ruining this world and you are oblivious to it. take your psychology horse shit and shove it up your ass. you can be depressed you are not "suffering from depression".

wake the fuck up and realize you are depressed for a tangible reason that may or may not be out of your control. you didnt catch a fucking depression virus you motherfucker
>>
>>26658047
I got ghosted by every girl I took on a date.
>>
File: 1409530664764.png (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1409530664764.png
77 KB, 500x500
>>26671042
>this is what people who don't have depression believe

You literally have zero idea what you are talking about, anon.
>>
>>26658274
>Autism: The Post
Super original
>>
>>26663587
bazpingor
>>
I pretty much ghosted everyone I knew, I had to go outside recently and saw someone I went to school with. He told me that everyone seems to think I moved to a different country.
>>
>>26670992

>hi
>hi, do you need something?
>lol no

>what's up
>good, you? need something?
>lol no

End of discussion. I fucking hate this. Same applies for "what's up". Why do you contact me when you have nothing to say?
>>
>>26671182
THIS, FUCK

If I wanted to talk to you I'd hit you up first, don't message me and then expect me to have something to talk about
>>
>>26671182
>>26671203
U guys are weird
>>
>>26671230
I know, but to me it feels normal. I don't have shit to talk about, I just stay home all day. Who wants to listen to that?
>>
>>26671230
>Initiating contact with someone expecting them to entertain you
Fuck off yah cunt
>>
I feel like a grade-A autist and am considering "ghosting" everyone I know on Skype
It's not like I ever talked about anything important anyway
>>
>>26671075
you arent special faggot you are shit like the rest of us.

but whatever helps you and your theripist sleep at night, fucker.
>>
Ghosted my ex recently. Deleted all social media and changed my number. For all she knows I'm dead lmao.
>>
>>26671390
You're incredibly mad for something that is ultimately irrelevant to you, man.

To me, I think I'm depressed because even though I should be happy living in this 1st world country with friends and belongings, I'm just not. I'm never happy. Even things that make me happy don't. Maybe I'm not depressed, but that's how I feel. So, fuck you m8.
>>
>>26671459
>You're incredibly mad for something that is ultimately irrelevant to you, man.

dude where the fuck do you think you are?! why do you think i am here on r9k? ima 22 yo khv that hasnt seen the light of day in weeks. I think about suicide constantly, i have 0 fear of death. This is completely relevant to me. Quit calling it Depression faggot. The term spreads like wild fire among actual retards in this country like your average psychologists and pharmacists who all use it for profit.

excuse me for whining like a bitch, i genuinely dont like talking about myself.

> I should be happy living in this 1st world country with friends and belongings
>>
>>26671700
News flash dipshit, money and friends aren't everything. You should know about that.
>>
I've ghosted my closest friends/friend groups a few times in my life because we were both changing in different ways and were becoming incompatible (usually with me getting more reserved and eccentric while they were getting more normal and moving forward in life). Now I just have 3 online friends who I have spoken with regularly for the last few years but I've never heard their voices or seen their faces. I'm not sure if I prefer this to intimate connections or not but I feel as if I have no choice anyway, that I'm just incapable of ever making friends again.
>>
>>26658047
All of my close high school friends.
Admittedly it was a bit difficult since I went off to uni and it was the pre-Facebook days.
None have attempted to reconnect in the Facebook era however.

I was ghosted by the girl I lost my v-card to, although I think she was only in it to get laid.
>>
I ghosted a some people inadvertently because I fucked up my life, developed depression and thought I wasn't worth people's time.

Not that I was popular before, but I at least had a few people I spoke to/occasionally went outside with.
>>
>>26658047
>ghosting
lol lets make up edgy words for stupid shit

you dont like how someone treated you then avoid that person
fucking retards
>>
I have just 1 group of stoner friends on my whatsapp and nothing more
only people I talk too, still KV
idk If I got rid of them I would just scroll down r9k the whole day long
>>
>>26658047
I ghost people unintentionally. That is, I don't ever try to seek people's information and accidentally not respond when they do so. Most of the time, anyways.

So once the activity ends, so too does the contact. There are many friends that I miss a lot and I'd even like to have kept contact, but I just don't know how to. People that I've talked to daily for years on end, but something changed and we didn't see each other anymore and there were no alternate means of contact.

In a way, Facebook sort of alleviated that as of late.
>>
>>26672059
>complains about people making up terms
>misuses edgy
>>
Yeah

Back in my community college days I thought I was some kind of hippie and started hanging out with people who identified as hippies/spiritual. One guy in particular was a real shitlord and got super involved in my life, texting me every day and pressuring me to do drugs with him. When I introduced him to my friends they all thought he was a weird fuck, and I would later find out he tried to put his dick in every girl he knew I had a crush on at that time. Not to mention whenever he got angry at someone (like a tow truck guy who towed his car once) he would go on these psycho tirades saying he wanted to break into their house and kidnap them and skin / burn them alive and cut them open and shit. I told him to fuck off one day and he still sends me messages like "how can I improve myself?" or "just letting you know I love you bro".

Fuck "hippies", they're always degenerates
>>
File: 1450276792420.jpg (47 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1450276792420.jpg
47 KB, 720x1280
>>26671381
I think the same, I'm terrible at conversations and everyone of my friends dislikes me. I also only play singleplayer or fighting games, so I don't really need people to play with.
>>
>>26670658
holy shit this is me
>>
>>26658047
It's called avoidant personality disorder.
>>
>>26672307
>thinks he knows what edgy means and it can only mean what he thinks
autism
>>
>>26672532
>He thinks he can denounce ghosting as a term but then use meme dialect and expect his opinion to matter to anyone
>>
>>26660196
My 4chan level shows, I can't have a normal conversation with people because I either 1)write/say self-loathing shit or 2)express extremely controversial opinions no sane person'd voice. I have a semi-friend and I we talked about food, mentioned fried eggs, that those are fried fetuses, I instantly said "Wow, what does a human omelette out of fetuses taste like" and "Eggs are often used in bakery. Can one make a cake with unborn children?". I guess I'll never have friends or have a normal life.
>>
>>26672637
u sad precious snowflake it must really be hard being you. please tell us more of your quirky deep thoughts so few can understand.
>>
>all these people who once had large groups of friends

normies get out reee
>>
>>26672859
Don't be so needlessly mean about nothing. I want you to apologise to Anon.
>>
File: 1426988202488.png (722 KB, 2000x1243) Image search: [Google]
1426988202488.png
722 KB, 2000x1243
>>26658047
Ghost here. Whenever I try to "open up " to people I just sound obnoxious and they start to avoid me. I just don't talk to people anymore, fuck them.
>>
Kek I'm doing it right now. Dated a girl way back in the normie days of early high school, kept in contact with her over the years and used her for nudes. Then I always feel kinda bad and want to break off communication, so I just stop talking to her, until I realize she is the only girl who I have the opportunity to get something out of, so I go back to using her. This vicious cycle has happened like 6 times, but I really think I'm done with her this time. She is annoying and fat.
>>
I had friends that I had known since I was a child.

Then when I started dating my now-wife, they dropped off contact completely. I tried to call, keep in touch, but eventually got tired of pretending I gave a shit what otaku bullshit they were into now and stopped calling.

Cue one of them calling me up and asking what happened. Told him off, haven't talked to any of them in a year, and honestly don't give a shit.
>>
>>26672059
Robots didn't make this up. It's a normie term, google it
>>
>>26672928
I've had the turnaround happen in under three minutes.

>Go on answer the question anon, truthfully, don't be shy, we're all friends!
>OK dude, nobody cares, Jesus, this loser
>>
>>26673142
you expect anyone to believe that they dropped contact with you after YOU started dating?
it never works out like that bro.
once someone gets in a relationship, their friends take a back seat.

it was more like
>you started dating your now wife
>don't talk to your friends for 3 months
>decide you want to try contacting them
>they don't respond but in your head they've "dropped off"
>tell them off when they ask what happened in that gap
that's how it usually goes.
>>
people who do this are assholes
deleting everyone is just a way to get attention online
>>
>>26673777

What do you mean? It's the opposite of attention.
I've long deleted any social media, and I won't be around to hear people's reactions of me once I stop talking to them, so attention isn't something I could be getting out of this.
>>
>>26658047
I like drawing. Want to talk?
Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.