[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do you smoke cigarettes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
why do you smoke cigarettes?
>>
>not JUST smoking cock
>>
Because I can. Really though, I just like it. It's relaxing and most of the people I know also smoke so it makes for good social time.
>>
>>26566710
what kind of idiot would start smoking cigarettes nowadays?

It's the stupidest shit. Everyone knows the risks, and the benefits are pretty retarded, it gives you an infant high, does nothing but make you feel comfortable

i have zero respect for people who smoke
>>
>>26566765
do you care that much to go out of your way to immediately have no respect for any smokers?
>>
>>26566823
...?

no, I do not go out of my way to immediately have no respect for smokers

but if someone is walking by me and smoking, polluting my air with their death shit, then i generally do not like these people

i think all drugs should be legal... in private

smoking in public should not be allowed
>>
>>26566877
After you exaggeratedly hand-wave the smoke away and walk in a long arc around the smoker you're going to go home and microwave yourself an InstaMeal full of carcinogenic preservatives, so what the fuck is the difference?
>>
i started because i thought it looked cool. anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

now i just smoke because i'm addicted pretty badly and i'm young enough that i don't see any immediate effects on my body even though i know that years down the line when i have serious medical issues i'll look back and call my present self a complete moron and cry and wish i hadn't fucked up my body
>>
>>26566877
How do you feel about automobile emissions?
>>
>>26566941
Automobiles are useful and necessary

Cigarettes are not
>>
>>26566922
no i do not eat microwave meals
nor do i drink soda
i also have never used alcohol or drugs and do not drink coffee

this is more because i am an autistic piece of shit than anything tho desu

that's irrelevant, even if I was an extremely obese unhealthy lard tub, IT IS MY CHOICE. You are forcing people to breathe in your second hand shit through your addiction

you might say, oh, second hand smoke is hardly bad for people (not true) but even if that was true, how would you feel about a guy walking around who smells like shit? would you like that? imagine if that guy could broadcast his smell as far as cigarette smoke can propagate

>>26566941
I feel automobiles are a necessary evil until a later time

cigarettes are comfort blankets for the lower class insecure who directly make my day ever so slightly worse

if you choose to smoke do it in your house with a plastic bag over your head so you can breathe in 100% of the smoke you love so much
>>
I only smoke cigarettes when I'm at parties or nightclubs

At parties it's a great excuse to get away from everyone and just chill for 5-10 minutes, or get out of a boring conversation

At a nightclub I often have a much better time outside listening to the music at a comfortable level, and staying cool and comfortable than inside on a loud sweaty dance floor
>>
I smoke because bad willpower. Really need to fix up my mouth fedora again. I fully realize I look like a jackass and don't like to smoke around anyone that isn't also a smoker. Even I get ticked off still when I smell someone else smoking if I'm not wanting 1 at that time
>>
Relieves my anxiety. Forces me out of the house for 5 minutes even if it's just on my deck. Forces me to go out to the store or else I'd be home 24/7. Keeps the normies away from me. They fell for the smoking kills you meme while eating a tub of high fructose corn syrup a day and getting drunk to kill innocent people in car wrecks.
>>
Started smoking at like 16 when I was young little stoner. Now I'm 19 quit weed but I still need some shit to smoke on, I guess that's just the addict in me talking. I can go days without cigs but I always end up smoking anyway at some point.
>>
smoking raises my anxiety, i hate it...never feels relaxing unless i'm drunk
>>
>>26567150
>Keeps the normies away from me.

except you are the normie

>They fell for the smoking kills you meme while eating a tub of high fructose corn syrup a day and getting drunk to kill innocent people in car wrecks.

smoking isnt as bad as stabbing yourself in the throat with a fork multiple times a day
therefore it is ok to do it
>smoker logic
>>
>>26567231
you and me both senpai ORIOGINAL!!!! ORIOGANAL POST LMFAO!!!!!
>>
>>26567267

I think the point he's trying to make is that people care so much about smoking being bad for you while they are consuming a tub of hfcs a day, assuming they are overweight, which leads to heart disease, which is the number one killer of humanity. And that getting drunk is acceptable when people get killed all the time by drunk driving accidents, killing innocent people.

>implying second smoking doesn't exist
While smoking in public is banned in most places and second hand smoking isn't as big of an issue as it used to be

If you are a fat fuck and trying to tell other people smoking is bad, you need to shut the fuck up.

>smoking isnt as bad as stabbing yourself in the throat with a fork multiple times a day
>therefore it is ok to do it

Something I don't do is gross.
But I'm an obese faggot, so I won't talk about that being bad.
>non smoker logic
>>
Anymore just to deny those faggots at TRUTH their point of "Being the generation that ends smoking." They're such a bunch of insufferable assholes that I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if tobacco companies were backing the development of their commercials.
>>
File: 115.jpg (30 KB, 408x641) Image search: [Google]
115.jpg
30 KB, 408x641
>>26567403
i am not an obese faggot so your points arent relevant to me, I weigh like 105 pounds

but even if I was...

i hope you realize that the arguments you are making are completely based off moving the issue elsewhere or blaming the non smoker

you are saying "drunk driving accidents kill people, and heart disease from obesity kills people, smoking is not too bad"

but smoking IS bad. Smoking is addictive, and I think we can all agree smoking is not good for your health. Smoking in public inflicts many of these issues on others, even if on a much lower scale, and these are people who never wanted to be exposed to your second hand smoke. smoking in public is not banned in most places, this just isnt true.

>If you are a fat fuck and trying to tell other people smoking is bad, you need to shut the fuck up.
I agree, I dont think anyone should be saying judgemental shit to anyone on a personal level

but... both smoking AND obesity are a problem, and we as a society should be moving towards lessening these problems. Do you agree?

>>26567645
>falling for the TV meme
I dont even care if people continue smoking for the next 100 years, I want TV to die this generation
why are you still watching ads of any kind desu
>>
>>26567815
I've only seen them on when a family member is watching garbage like MTV. I agree that especially for the programming that's on nowadays, TV's on it's way out.
>>
>>26566710
because it eases anxiety and moves me closer to death.

dont be sniveling life addicts.
>>
because it slowly kills me, i don't have to do much work and i get to relax
>>
>>26566941
>guise do you like cancer?
>let's double it!!!

a retard beyond his tender years
>>
Im ashamed to smoke in public so I only do it in my room at home. It's cuz I'm bored. Just need to occupy myself with something while I await death
>>
>tfw can't smoke indoors because of the smoke detector
>tfw have to go down 8 floors in teh cold to have a single cigarette
JUST
>>
Because they keep me sane and I turn into a crazy motherfucker without them.
>>
>>26568610
Umm I have a smoke detector and cigarettes don't set it off
>>
I don't anymore desu

Smoked regular parliaments for a year or so

Got hooked on menthols later on and wouldn't smoke anything else

They smell so bad and everyone INSTANTLY knows what the smell is, even cigarette smoke is ambiguous compared to that burnt menthol stink.

People actively avoided me. It was everything I could do to keep my family from finding out.

Eventually just quit.

Do hookah on occasion these days
>>
It smells like shit

you smell like shit

if you smoke around other people you make them smell like shit

fuck you
>>
>>26569214
>tfw wash hands and rinse mouth out after every time I smoke

sucks doing this 7-10 times a day
>>
>>26569295
too bad you're not washing your clothes after every time you smoke, too
>>
smoking is an extremely edgy thing to do

>haha im gonna get cancer
>i dont give a fuk
>>
>>26569346
yeah that's too impractical, I mainly hold my cigs in a specific way so I can see which direction the smoke is going in as to not let it all just absorb into my clothes. Trust me, I hate smelling that shit on myself too and don't smoke around other people
>>
>expensive
>makes you smell like shit
>makes you taste like shit
>causes a myriad of health problems before you die young
>cigarettes are scientifically engineered to be as addictive as possible
>makes you even more of a social pariah
>ruins your sense of smell and taste
>spend your time trying to convince yourself and others on 4chan that that feeling of dizziness is totally worth it because, like, your life is so stressful and its "relaxing

wat a bargain
>>
>>26566710
I don't.
Useless waste of money if you ask me.
>>
>>26569441
>cigarettes are scientifically engineered to be as addictive as possible

If I didn't curl up into a ball and become a comatose psychotic mess for an unknown duration of time that feels like an eternity, I probably would have quit by now. This thread really makes me want to fix up my mouth fedora again ~ they're cheaper and as far as most people know, way less unhealthy
>>
>>26566710
>tfw quit a week ago after smoking at least a pack a day for 11 years

I've been coughing up brown/green/gray slime since I stopped. It's nasty but I already feel better breathing.
>>
>>26569516
thats just part of addiction man, youve convinced yourself that you NEED nicotine when the real answer is you dont, nobody needs nicotine, nobody ever needed nicotine.

>f I didn't curl up into a ball and become a comatose psychotic mess for an unknown duration of time that feels like an eternity, I probably would have quit by now.

i mean fuck if you were talking about your heroin addiction this sentence would make more sense, not fucking cigarettes
>>
>>26569585
addiction's different for everyone m8, though quitting smoking is more of a mental process than heroin being physical and mental
>>
>>26569585
and "curled up into a ball" was more of a metaphor for just being completely fucking drained by the process of trying to quit
>>
>>26566710
Because he can.
Too busy to smoke on the water.
>>
File: 1438513718095.jpg (410 KB, 863x1280) Image search: [Google]
1438513718095.jpg
410 KB, 863x1280
I smoke at bars and in between bands at shows

Good conversation starter and it undeniably makes you look cool

I don't smoke often enough for it to have a noticeable effect on me physically, and the day after I do I make sure to exercise and sweat it out
>>
File: 1425243479709.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1425243479709.gif
410 KB, 221x196
Because somehow it excites my girlfriend, i don't know why but she gets really horny when i smoke and she think's it's "romantic", funny thing is that i puke if i smoke more than 3 cigarettes
>>
>>26566877
You lost me with smoking not allowed in public
>>
Nicotine is a nootropic, well that's my excuse anyway
>>
>>26566710
>why do you smoke cigarettes?
Because quicker methods would make my family upset.
>>
If you care about your health and you don't smoke then you're a normie that needs to leave.
>>
>>26570356
its not even because I care about my health, its because I dont want to smell like shit, I dont want my computer area to smell like shit, and I like being able to breathe easily

also I have no money
>>
lol tobaccotards

get on that vape action man you have no idea how good it is and how much better i feel since i started vaping
>>
>>26570511
So you're a metrosexual clean freak?
stop with the excuses normie and just fuck off.
>>
>>26570511
>no money
>this nigga doesn't bum butts out of ashtrays and smokers' poles
NORMIE
O
R
M
I
E
>>
>>26570528
>with the excuses
...whats your excuse for smoking?

>>26570552
s-sorry
i will start eating cigarette butts i find ok
>>
>>26569295
>sucks doing this 7-10 times a day

then just stop smoking
>>
>>26570590
You don't eat them, you find one with a reasonable amount of tobacco left then smoke them.

Why aren't you smoking old stogies you find short, but not too big around yet anon?
>>
>>26567070
i smoke because of this faggot
>>
File: 1431499676037.jpg (204 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1431499676037.jpg
204 KB, 750x1000
God i want a smoke guys.
A year strong.
>>
If I lived somewhere in Asia or America where cugs are dirt cheap I would chain-smoke
I Genuibely love smoking .
Unfortunately I live in Australia , even rolling my own I almost go through three pouches of tobacco a week which is like 90 bucks.
I just can't afford to smoke in this country so I quit.
>>
am i the only one who starded because of the nicotine buzz and not because it looks cool?
>>
File: 23423423424.jpg (9 KB, 236x183) Image search: [Google]
23423423424.jpg
9 KB, 236x183
>>26570732
fucking original keks
>>
>>26572178
wow you're so cool
>>
>>26567070
>waaaaa mommy stop letting these people exhale smoke in my way

underage please leave
>>
I don't really know. If I don't go out for a smoke for a while, I start to get really antsy. I need the fresh air in my lungs. And I'd like to get that fresh air while I'm inhaling cancerous smoke too. Does that make sense? Not really. I don't know, it relaxes me when I'm out there on the porch having a smoke. The first cig of the day gives me a good rush. I can get rushes on my second and third cigs too if I spread them out enough. And it just feels nice to have this ritual that unifies my day. I'll keep going out for a smoke every so often.

When I'm going for a walk, I'll bring a cig because it gives me something to do with my hands and it makes the time go by faster. I don't particularly like cigs while walking though, I don't ever feel anything from it. I need to be still to get that bloodflow feeling throughout my body.

On top of that, cigarettes pair well with just about every recreational substance. It has great synergy potential. Having a smoke right at the peak of an opiate nod feels divine. Most people already know how good cigs and coffee are or cigs and hard liquor. If I'm correct, nicotine increases blood flow to your brain, so it peaks the amount of drugs in your neural synapses. Plus it gives you a surge of dopamine.

That's about all the reasons I can think up.
>>
dad used to smoke heavily in the house so i got used to it from a young age. i don't smoke but really want to

i go out of my way to smell the smoke. i don't get how people say they hate it.
>>
>>26572178
see
>>26572182

original reference desu senpai desu desu
>>
i smoke because it makes people upset

case in point - this thread. it always gives me a laff to watch normies squirm at the fact that people smoke
>>
If you quit before your thirties you'll avoid the major health issues. Smoking is fine. Anyone that says otherwise is a fag.
>>
>>26570732
i dont even smoke but im going to start today because of this faggot
>>
i can go the entire day without a cigarette.
there's 2 times i absolutely have to have one or it impedes:
1. right before taking a shit. smoking eases the shit process and honestly is very relaxing.
2. right before i go to sleep. i can fall asleep without one, but if i don't have one i feel like i can't fall asleep right away.
>>
>>26572439
Jokes on you i don't care smoke away your choice to ruin your body
>>
File: 1455757464651.jpg (104 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
1455757464651.jpg
104 KB, 682x600
>>26572824
>smoking eases the shit process
>>
I dunno but it gives my family something to talk to me about because I don't do anything else
>>
>>26573038
it actually does though anon somehow it makes your bowels easier to release
>>
>>26573038
>>26573090
Nicotine is a stimulant, so it increases peristalsis speed. Your poos go down the doo-doo railway much faster.
>>
>>26573104
so why does meth make you constipated?
>>
>>26573113
Unlike most stims, amphetamines decrease nerve firing rate. Your guts are shooting out much slower signals, so they're moving slower too.
>>
>>26573148
hmmm thanks you must be in med school
>>
File: 1455592401372.jpg (24 KB, 317x432) Image search: [Google]
1455592401372.jpg
24 KB, 317x432
>>26566877
>death shit
>implying you arent lied about second hand smoking shit
>>
>>26566877
>COUGH COUGH
>EXCUSE ME SIR. WHAT YOU'RE DOING IS VERY IRRESPONSIBLE AND BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
>>
File: 1455574577286.jpg (14 KB, 207x212) Image search: [Google]
1455574577286.jpg
14 KB, 207x212
>>26570732
THIS FUCKING HERO
>>
>>26573185
HAHAHAHAHAHA yep cause I'm all about the death shit
>>
>>26568734
Im about to turn 18 the post.
>>
>>26573113
Meth is more like adrenaline so depending on how you handle being stalked by a predator sell you know.
>>
>>26573148
But it also increases dopamine transmission and the amount speed of etc
>>
>>26573367
Glad to halp
>>
Cigarettes have been given an incredibly bad name, due to 7000 chemical additives, radioactive fertilizer, and government mandated carpet glue.

Yes, smoke is bad, and inhaling tobacco smoke is also bad, buuuuut.

>2016.
>Not smoking the occasional natural/organic, additive free, radiation free, carpet glue free cigarette.
>Not using a tar filter in addition.

feelsgoodman
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.