[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FIT THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 27
File: 1450878901692.png (132 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
1450878901692.png
132 KB, 1024x512
Had to be away for longer than I wanted.

I'm back! Questions, comments, reports on your progress, all you want!

Guide at 100 replies. (If you have it already, don't sabotage!)
>>
File: 2016-02-08 22.50.42.jpg (2 MB, 1676x2981) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-08 22.50.42.jpg
2 MB, 1676x2981
>tfw ss
>tfw ass is getting huge

Do you think I'm good to switch off to a different routine? My lifts have gone from basically nothing to bench 5x150, squat 5x205, and dead 5x210
>>
>>26368635
Does your mother knoe youre a faggot?
>>
I will never get fit because I have no selfcontrol, willpower, discipline or drive. Any tips?
>>
>>26368635
Currently I do, 30 pulls ups, 20 push ups, 15 sit ups, 15 leg raises and 10 second crunches. Is this good for beginning it? I dont have any weights, Im skinny and kinda want to go full otter mode
>>
File: 1451416706541.jpg (192 KB, 1351x505) Image search: [Google]
1451416706541.jpg
192 KB, 1351x505
>>26368871
>Do you think I'm good to switch off to a different routine?

Consider this.
>>
>>26368901

Fun fact: I used to call my mother a faggot a lot (because she likes dicks, was my reasoning). It always made her laugh.

>>26368902
>I will never get fit because I have no selfcontrol, willpower, discipline or drive. Any tips?

I can help you with all of these. Stick around and I will.
>>
>>26368635
I'm the anon that started going to the gym but didn't dare to use the free weights.

On my second week of 5x5 now though !!! Feels good to conquer my fears
Thanks for your help
>>
>>26368954
>Currently I do, 30 pulls ups, 20 push ups, 15 sit ups, 15 leg raises and 10 second crunches. Is this good for beginning it? I dont have any weights, Im skinny and kinda want to go full otter mode

These numbers are huge, but most likely due to the fact that you weigh little. 15 situps is very low, though, but nothing to worry about.

If you can afford dumbbells, I'd get some with adjustable weights.
>>
>>26368635
here's your fuckin post give me the guide!
>>
File: zRclrIW.jpg (586 KB, 1432x2164) Image search: [Google]
zRclrIW.jpg
586 KB, 1432x2164
Is this /fit/ enough for robots?
>>
>>26369030

A hundred! Just to make sure you give a damn before you get the damn thing. It's worth it, trust me, and it won't be long.
>>
>>26368635
I'm just working out at home currently, I do calisthenics. I'm considering going to a gym but the closest one is an hour and a half by bus so I'm not sure it's worth it. I suppose I could go in two of my college days and then go in on one day off and spend some time looking for work too.
>>
>>26369049

Depending on your goals, it might be worth it. As for the hour and a half of bus: I can recommend you stuff to read too, depending on your interests.
>>
>>26369076
Well, I've actually gotten back into reading recently. I'm going through Blood Meridian at the moment. I'm not sure, I did SS for a few months last year and I really enjoyed the lifts but I've gained a whole kilo in January from calisthenics, so I'm not sure I can justify the spending.
>>
>>26369102
>I'm not sure, I did SS for a few months last year and I really enjoyed the lifts but I've gained a whole kilo in January from calisthenics, so I'm not sure I can justify the spending.

Calisthenics are bound to make you plateau sooner than later, but until then, why not?

What calisthenics do you do exactly?

>Blood Meridian

Like many of the books worshipped by /lit/, I had never heard of it until going there, and that's despite 8 years studying literature in English at university level.
>>
>>26369031
Do you have the other one?
>>
File: 1454448946197s.jpg (3 KB, 98x124) Image search: [Google]
1454448946197s.jpg
3 KB, 98x124
>>26369006
Well, I was raised on a farm so I guess I am or at least was stronger than a lot of people but Im sure me being light has something with it as well, I try and aim for more sit ups and Ill see about getting those dumbbells
>>
>>26369139
Really? I don't even browse /lit/. I bought it because it's by the guy behind the road and no country for old men. It's not very literary so far (100 pages in) beyond "all men are equally savage" and some minor religious undertones. It's a very fun read if you're just in the mood for some real violent stuff. I like that he never narrates the character's thoughts, just their speech. It leaves you to wonder what they're thinking about, if they think much at all. I also read Brave New World, The Old Man And The Sea and Metro 2033 this year. If you still feel like recommending stuff then feel free to. I'd quite like some stuff that has literary value but isn't quite as challenging as the likes of Ulysses or War and Peace.

As for the fitness stuff, I'll maybe just keep doing calisthenics until I feel like I'm plateuing. I have a long way to go yet, I can only do like 20 pushups with good form.

>what callisthenics do you do?
3x pushups
3x pullups
3x leg raises
3x squats
3x dorsal holds

sometimes I do dips and chinups too. The three being the number of sets, reps vary is I'm always trying to add more.
>>
>>26369211

30 pulls is something few people can do, even amongst lifters.
>>
File: 4356_a4ef_960.jpg (487 KB, 960x1354) Image search: [Google]
4356_a4ef_960.jpg
487 KB, 960x1354
>>26369195
This one is outdated, follow the other one.
>>
>>26369229
Thats all I had when I was younger, a pull up bar. Well for exercise at least, at the start I only did it when passing by the bar, then I got more and more into it. Didn't think that it would be that big of a deal lol
>>
>>26369222
>It's not very literary so far (100 pages in) beyond "all men are equally savage" and some minor religious undertones.

"Literary" will mean a million things to a million people. The way you describe, it sounds good. The rest sounds like Hemingwayan distance, which I normally enjoy too. Hemingway virtually invented that stuff at a time when everyone's thoughts were exposed. Cinema undermined the novelty of this quite a bit.

I'd recommend Fahrenheit 451 if you liked Brave New World, F451 is similar, and along with 1984, it's the perfect companion book to read with it.

A personal favourite is A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving. It's very readable and a lot of feels.

20 pushups should be the point where it starts being mostly useless. At this point, you need heavier not more reps.
>>
>>26369278

It is. I can't do a single one. Started training for it as soon as I found a way to train with a bar, and I'm still doing negatives 3 weeks in. I'm doing chin ups, can't even dream of pullups yet. I weight close to 80 kilos, which doesn't help.
>>
>>26369287
>20 pushups should be the point where it starts being mostly useless. At this point, you need heavier not more reps.
Are you sure? In my countries marines you need to be able to do at least 50 pushups to be considered.

I'll look into those books, thanks. I'm surprised that Hemingway invented that though, in the old man and the sea it's pretty much a constant exposition of the character's thoughts, does that change in his other works?
>>
>>26369314
>giving /fit/ advice
>can't even do a single pullup
????
>>
File: Kamina.png (1 MB, 1280x959) Image search: [Google]
Kamina.png
1 MB, 1280x959
>>26369314
Im sure youll get there someday, if I can do it I'm sure as hell you can. Believe in the me that believes in you
>>
>>26369336
>Are you sure? In my countries marines you need to be able to do at least 50 pushups to be considered.

Yes, but that's stamina rather than strength.

>>26369336
>I'm surprised that Hemingway invented that though, in the old man and the sea it's pretty much a constant exposition of the character's thoughts, does that change in his other works?

His best book was his first: In Our Time. Iceberg theory and all. He may have changed after that.
>>
>tfw 5x5 is fun as fuck
>>
>>26369359

I will be able to soon enough. I'm good at advice for robots because I've been where most of you are. Chad won't be of great advice to you, will he? If you think so, you can always visit /fit/ yourself and see if you're happy with what you get. Otherwise, there's me.
>>
Best workout to make myself taller?
>>
>>26369369

Oh I will, no worries. I've already made massive progress. It's only a matter of training. I couldn't train pull ups before because I had no way of doing that stuff.

>>26369524

Compensated heels.
>>
>>26369314
Why are you giving fitness advice?

I weigh 98kg and the only exercise I get is when I masturbate and I can do 20 pull ups. To be fair though I masturbate quite a lot and I alternate between both hands.
>>
>>26369507
lots of /fit/izens are autistic as fuck to be fair to them, it's not uncommon at all for robots to find their way to /fit/ and get swole.
>>26369524
a healthy diet and being under the age of 21, with a good helping of genetics. Correcting your posture can add inches to your height.
>>
>>26369524
Just go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limb_lengthening_methods
>>
>>26369543

To help.

You can't do a single pull up, but you don't know that because you haven't tried. Am I right?
>>
>>26369543
As much as I agree this guy is in no position to give advice I also don't believe for a second you can do 20 proper pullups. I guarantee your range of motion is restricted as hell.
>>
>>26369564
I do 20. The first 5 are hard but then you just cheat a little and sort of bounce up and down crossfit style
>>
>>26369585
>As much as I agree this guy is in no position to give advice

If you mean me, feel free to explain why.
>>
>>26369619
so you do 5 pullups then
>>
>>26369619
>then you just cheat a little and sort of bounce up and down crossfit style

Well then...
>>
>>26369635
Because you are physically unfit. Like I don't "work out" or diet at all but I have a pullup bar in my doorframe and can do 8 going into a full deadhang. 3 weeks of training and still being incapable of a single pullup is pretty bad, to be frank.
>>
>>26368871
lmao manlet detected
>>
>>26369636
Yeah. I haven't done any pull ups in over a year but I could probably do more if I slept in my bfs low oxygen chamber.
>>
>>26369658
>Because you are physically unfit.

I don't recall you analysing me. If this is based solely on my current inability to do pull ups, I don't see how that makes my advice any worse. I'll post the guide in a bit and you can tell me exactly where my advice isn't good, so we can all benefit from your expertise, if you have any, and I certainly hope you do since you assume to be expert enough to say that I am not.

Case in point: a man can do 15 pushups. The catch, he has bad form and doesn't know it. A man can only do 4, but knows good form. Which would you rather teaches you? Give me the one who actually knows what he's doing and where he's going, even if he isn't there yet.

What a man can or can't do doesn't matter, what matters is what he can teach you. If you're taught good form, you can even be stronger than your master, and you'll still benefit from knowing good form.

Whether I do 1 or 15 pull ups change literally nothing to my advice. It won't be any different when I can do 15.
>>
>>26369716
How do I acquire a rich boyfriend/make my own low oxygen chamber
>>
>>26368635
>sign up for local chain gym
>ask guy if it's a 24 hour gym because I don't want to work out in front of normies
>he says yes, gains my trust
>the past week I've been trying to go in, it's always locked
WHY?
>>
>>26369658
>3 weeks of training and still being incapable of a single pullup is pretty bad, to be frank.

In which you show who's really unfit to give advice. There are many reasons why one may not be able to do a pull up after 3 weeks, one is weight. Some people will need months to perform a single pull up. It all depends on your basic strength, too. Since you have no idea where I started, you cannot actually say "it's pretty bad". Where I am is pretty damn excellent, excellent enough to advise others. My advice was never about pull ups specifically, however.
>>
>>26369739
I wouldn't let either of them teach me because they're both incompetent. I'd talk to the man who could do 100 pushups with good form. >>26369771
You weigh 80kg. There's no reason you can't do a single pullup by now. Seriously.
>>
>>26369742
You gotta do pull ups
>>
>>26369789
You're being a retard m8. If a man who can do 100 push ups tells you "do push ups with good form", and a man who can only do 4 push ups tells you "do push ups with good form", they are giving you the same quality of advice.
>>
>>26369789

You can learn good form for pushups with anyone who knows what to do. They don't even need to be able to perform a single pushup. That's absolute fact.

>>26369789
>There's no reason you can't do a single pullup by now.

The fact is that I can't, so there must be a reason. What's your theory otherwise? That I'm lying and can actually do 15 pull ups?

I don't think you get it: not everyone starts with the same strength level. I'm making fast progress, so I'm doing the right thing, but I come from much farther than you know (and you don't know anything in that regard, since you don't know me at all).

Feel free to stick around and give advice or correct mine where you think it needs correct.

I certainly hope you'll read the guide and point out where my advice isn't sound.
>>
>>26369827
Not really because the latter doesn't know how to do a proper pull up with good form and he also doesn't know if pull ups really work.
>>
>>26369844
post your fucking guide instead of being autistic and weighting for a certain amount of replies then, jesus christ kid.
>>26369865
this
>>
>>26369865
>Not really because the latter doesn't know how to do a proper pull up

Pushups, we were talking about pushups. If you mean me, none of my advice is about pull ups specifically. If asked, I'd redirect the person to a video anyway because that's easier to understand what good form is for any exercise. I'd do the same for exercises I've mastered, though.

>he also doesn't know if pull ups really work.

You don't need to try dinosaurs to know they've once worked. If you're lifting heavy enough, it will work. Anyone who's new to pull ups, it will eventually work, but do start with chin ups instead. They're a better start for someone who's new to this.
>>
>>26369879
>post your fucking guide instead of being autistic

Am I not in the perfect place for acting autistic?
>>
File: 1452640762896.jpg (223 KB, 850x755) Image search: [Google]
1452640762896.jpg
223 KB, 850x755
Thoughts on this routine I found on leddit?
https://drive.google.com/previewtemplate?id=1MbOWpTBcNNQuqHd8q9jUUR2V-ZERWNDKYPd5kzVjCJQ&mode=public
>>
>>26370048

Count your calories and you'll be fine. It's a good list of things to pick from, yes. Don't worry too much about food: fresh food over packaged one, no more calories than you need if you're fat, and you'll go a long way already.
>>
>>26370104
Nick pls, check the spoiler.
>>
>>26370120
>https://drive.google.com/previewtemplate?id=1MbOWpTBcNNQuqHd8q9jUUR2V-ZERWNDKYPd5kzVjCJQ&mode=public

My opinion: too complicated, too frequent. That said, everything works in the beginning. I can't tell you it's a bad program. Everything is good as long as it's balanced and uses compound movements for the most part. If you press, pull, and do legs, you'll mostly have a full body work out in the long run. The rest depends on your goals and preferences.
>>
>>26368988
>I can help you with all of these. Stick around and I will
Still waiting btw
>>
File: 1454919632520.jpg (389 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454919632520.jpg
389 KB, 1920x1080
>>26370163
Much appreciated, Nickfriend.
>>
>>26370187

One sec, will paste stuff from the new guide on these issues.

How to Get Motivated

Whenever I'm asked this, my first intuition is that willpower isn't what you lack, but organisation. The name of the game when it comes to motivation is to leave as little as possible to your willpower. How to do this? You plan, you organise, you schedule. If you have an exact program to follow, exercises, reps, sets, etc, you have no willpower to use as to what to do: you already know. If you have an appointed time to work out, you won't have to choose when to work out, it's already established. Planning thus will make it so that in the end, you only have to "just do it" because everything else is ready for you.

Another thing is this: focus on your vision. Your vision of yourself in the future, where you have achieved your goal, whichever it is. Focus on this and on the absolutely certain knowledge that if you keep taking step after step, you will get there. (cont)
>>
File: afa2a2f34.jpg (80 KB, 600x901) Image search: [Google]
afa2a2f34.jpg
80 KB, 600x901
Keep going guys I'm sure you will find the meaning you are looking for once you have biceps.
>>
>>26370254

(cont)
People lose motivation if they are overdemanding with themselves, which many diets count on to make you fail, so you try another, or come back again, and fail again. There is no need to be too strict on yourself; this isn't a discipline test. Do I sometimes decide to eat a whole jar of strawberry jam with nothing but a spoon? Yes, that happens. Does that make me give up everything in anger? No. I laugh it off and don't get surprised at the increase in weight I get soon enough. Since I count my calories daily and weigh myself every morning, I know when the jam hits the fan. In the long run, it makes little difference, not enough to give up over.

The same goes with your work out. If you don't feel like it one day, that doesn't mean you're a piece of shit who should die instantly. No. Skipping one day won't affect much in the long run either, and can be beneficial too. Rest is as important as working out, since that's when your muscles repair themselves and grow back stronger. Be on your own side, don't berate yourself for failing anything, be it a rep, a set, a calorie cap, or anything. It's the long run that matters, not the small events.
>>
File: 1423982295869.gif (281 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1423982295869.gif
281 KB, 250x250
>>26370258
I have no desire to live but getting up early to go out to the gym gives my perpetual state of limbo some direction and I feel better for it.
>>
>>26370274
The Right Attitude

Another thing that comes often when I converse with you is your attitude. For many, you are just not sure why someone should make an effort at all. Reasons to say this vary: "I have an ugly face anyway," "It can't change my personality," etc. Most of the time, I disagree on these statements. Getting fit actually does improve how your face looks, because once you get rid of the extra fat on your face, you do look significantly more appealing than you would with extra chub. As to personality, this too may change along the way. As you increase in experience and achieve more and more, you become able to look at yourself in a whole new way. Anyone can imagine what it'd be like to achieve something and ponder over it, but to actually do it is a wholly different matter, one you cannot experience until you experience it. Don't underestimate this. This is how you gain confidence: you get stuff done and take full responsibility for it. Your whole work out and eating program is your responsibility alone because nobody can do it for you. I might advise you about it but in the end, it's up to you. That means that when you finally get to a level where you start experience pride, it will be yours alone. You won't have to thank me, or anyone else, for it. Indicating the right path doesn't even count as a single step on that path.

(oorrriiiiggaanl)
>>
File: 1402701547057.gif (2 MB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1402701547057.gif
2 MB, 360x480
>>26368635
>still no pics
I don't trust you bruv.
>>
>>26370295
Attitude matters a lot because it generally defines whether you'll make it or not. If you're a negative Nancy and use any failure, large and small, to convince yourself that it's not worth it, that you can't do it, then yes, you will fail. In this matter, the fight is decided before it even begins when you think negatively. Learn to accept failure as part of the journey and keep moving. Think of yourself as a slow invicible tank: if you keep moving, no matter how much shelling you take, you will eventually get to your objective. That is all that matters. Nobody will even think about any possible failures when they see the result in your body. Same for you.

Focus on this: it is entirely within your reach. Many may dislike this idea because it makes them responsible for what happens to them. Others will enjoy the idea that they're in control. Thing is, you are indeed in control, so it isn't just a nice idea, it's also the truth. When you are in control, you can do something about the situation. People who blame genetics for their state generally don't have a passionate interest in understanding the science of anything and are plenty content to go on as they are, and even get worse, as long as they can blame something other than themselves. Don't be that person, for that person will be rewarded according to their shitty attitude. Genetics exist but they don't matter that much. Some people will grow muscles more easily than others, but that is the case for all men over women, and it doesn't matter much at all. If your goal is to become fit, knowing that men are stronger than women and have bodies more adjusted to muscle growth will not hinder you as a woman, for instance. You don't care about that fact because you aren't trying to become stronger than a strong man. If you're a man, you shouldn't care either. What other people do shouldn't concern you.
>>
>>26370258
Nice 9gag meme buddy, enjoy dying in your 60s.
>>
File: rare pepe.jpg (103 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe.jpg
103 KB, 511x428
>>26370305

I already posted pics in the past. I don't claim you'll be impressed, nor that they are the reason why you should trust me.
>>
So You Think You Can't Do It?

Some of you may feel inadequate for working out. There are only a few cases where this may be true, and it's only due to injuries or special conditions where your doctor literally told you not to run or do this, or that; but even in those cases, there's always something else you can do.

Let's see some cases that don't bar you from training. You think you're too old? You're not. I know you're not because you're alive, and that's the only age that matters, even for training. If anything, the older you get, the more important it is to train strength because, with age, you start losing it. Training can virtually stop this muscle loss. There are people out there who start SS at 91. Do you still think you're too old for it? Your body is a beautiful machine and it will respond well to working out no matter how old you are. As far as strength is concerned. When it comes to cardio, I'm less knowledgeable, but if you listen to your body and work out within your limits, you will make progress.

efuwegfiwuhfewufewfw
>>
>>26370355
If you are very fat, I would advise being very careful about running, especially if you don't usually run at all. Running is hardcore on the knees and extra weight has drastic influences on your joints. I have no such concerns about weightlifting because they don't require any sort of impact on your joints (mostly): you will not suddenly ask your knees to resist a multiplied version of your own weight on them, multiplied because of kinetic energy. Swimming is a safer option, for cardio, but lifting shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>26370334
>these are the guys telling you look like shit in /fit/'s CBT threads
>>
>>26370254
>>26370274
>>26370295
>>26370312
Thanks man
Copying & saving this
>>
>>26370369

That was pasta too. From me. Trip keeps falling off whenever I post somewhere else.
>>
>>26370378

Definitely wouldn't be me. I don't go to /fit/ to shit on people. Do you think I'd post my little self if I was that kind of person?

I'm posting this because 1) I really don't care, 2) I want to be honest with you.

I considered lying so you'd trust me to the end, but I'd sooner let you know I'm not the most accomplished person there is. I started low and got better, and that's what I want for you. In time, I will progress and you will see it and know that I can indeed be trusted, should I be judged on my results, which isn't necessarily the best idea.

I didn't make up the advice I give you, it's the result of my own research. If I can save you months of doing senseless work outs for the wrong reasons or goals, then let me save you the time.
>>
File: IMG_4255.jpg (286 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4255.jpg
286 KB, 1280x960
Is this shit for real?
Lmao at the OP's picture.
>>
>>26370471

Laugh away, it works the abs.
>>
>>26370471
you look about the same size as him dude, definitely DYEL by /fit/ standards at least. Go post that picture there and see what they think.
>>
>>26370521

To prevent any further piss contest, let me say this: I measure results by progress, not by current stats. I absolutely don't care that other people are stronger than me, that is irrelevant to my and your interests. What matters is what I was and what I've become. The result makes me more than confident that others can do it too. This is the only reason why I'm here.

May the mockery I get convince you guys of my intentions.
>>
File: IMG_4132.jpg (118 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4132.jpg
118 KB, 640x1136
>>26370489
lmao what
>>26370521
How high are you?
>>
>>26370580
It's less about a pissing contest as it was reminding the guy being an asshole to you that he isn't hot shit. Seriously, he'd be laughed out of /fit/ if he posted in a CBT. He has a bog standard "I've been bulking for 4 months" physique and is in no position to be mean to others.
>>
>>26370601
>lmao what

That's a boutade intended to tell you kindly that I am not concerned with anyone else's results but my own, as every anon should be.

Anon is correct, though, I am more built than you. Probably worked out longer, don't worry. Just keep at it, doing good.
>>
>>26370601
Pecs are non existent and your abs are barely visible in good lighting, you're delusional. Literally the only thing that stands out is your delts and they're still small, just large than people who don't work out. Given your trip and desperate need for attention you're clearly a narcissist. Seek medical help because when your delusions of grandeur break down and you realise how pathetic you are you will likely try and kill yourself. You have been warned.
>>
>>26370603

I understand and appreciate that. If things get worse, I'll just post my cock and all will be fine. (Italian heritage here.)
>>
File: IMG_4093.jpg (72 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4093.jpg
72 KB, 640x640
>>26370620
Lmao bro, you have no lats
Just from your back I would be flabbergasted if you managed to bench more than your bodyweight.
>>26370630
:')
>>
>>26370684
>Lmao bro, you have no lats

You're not actually laughing, bro. Lats aren't the only thing I'm missing at the moment. As to benchpressing, I doubt I could benchpress my own weight. Not sure why that interests you so much or why you really want me to see you, but whatever rocks your socks.
>>
>>26369314
Stop doing pull ups as your main training then. Go to the gym and train harder, every part of your hands, keep training your techniwue if you think that is where the problem lies in and come back to it later. Don't forget leg days and daily ab training. Dont forget rest days ether
>>
File: IMG_4256.jpg (87 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4256.jpg
87 KB, 640x1136
>>26370731
I bench 100kg and weigh 78kg
In what world are you more built than me?
>>
>>26370732
>Stop doing pull ups as your main training then.

I never said it was my main training. That said, if you want to get good at chin ups, you do chin ups.

>Go to the gym and train harder, every part of your hands, keep training your techniwue if you think that is where the problem lies in and come back to it later

I set up a bar in my home and my training is going great. I'm doing negative chin ups and it gets easier with every single session, which is more progress than I expected. I walked off a chair for the first few sessions, now jumping a little is enough to get me up. I expect to be able to do a real chin up within a month or so.

I don't do leg days. I do full body every work out. I always have at least 1 rest day, though more generally I get 2 for various reasons, work being one of them.

I plan to do more ab stuff with the bar once my chin up situation is stable.
>>
>>26370757

I'm taller. But yeah, I look more built than you, in my personal opinion. Not that it matters.

I rate my success by the amount of people I get to get fit, when it comes to what I do on this board. The rest is personal and non-competitive. I don't care what anyone else does, I'm not racing you or anyone. It's between me and myself.

If you're trying to discourage me, or others, or suggest that I can't possibly know what I'm talking about because I don't look like a cloud, go for it.
>>
File: IMG_2797.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2797.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>26370878
188cm,
and you?

Pic related, fucking manlets when will they learn?
>>
>>26370938

>78 kilos
>188cm
>looks the way he looks

Lying is bad, Brad. Muscle is heavier than fat, and you seem to have more muscle than fat, by far, so if you only weigh 78 kilos, there's no way you're 188. More like 168.
>>
>>26370972
You realize I'm like 18% body fat right?
>>
Can you answer >>>/fit/35946847 for me? No one is responding in the QTDDTOT thread.

Thanks famalam.
>>
File: 1370229736156.jpg (135 KB, 1336x348) Image search: [Google]
1370229736156.jpg
135 KB, 1336x348
>>26370938
Post a pic of your body, no angles or dim lighting.

Pic's for you.
>>
>>26371001
>You realize I'm like 18% body fat right?

Can't say I mired that long, no. You said you were more built than OP, and OP's back looks lean as fuck, so make up your mind.
>>
File: 1411629463744.jpg (2 MB, 2084x4576) Image search: [Google]
1411629463744.jpg
2 MB, 2084x4576
>>26371029

Check your footgame.
>>
File: IMG_4252.jpg (1012 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4252.jpg
1012 KB, 3264x2448
>>26371032
sure, here is fat as fat ass.
>>
File: 1298934534620.jpg (42 KB, 449x319) Image search: [Google]
1298934534620.jpg
42 KB, 449x319
>>26371084

I see the fat now, yes. Looked leaner on the other pics.
>>
>>26371062
thanks senpai, turns out i was putting too much on the forefoot. Makes sense, thanks.
>>
>>26371183

Very welcome. Report back when you notice a difference. I want to know if that was the actual problem. Thanks!
>>
File: Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png (689 KB, 3664x2552) Image search: [Google]
Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png
689 KB, 3664x2552
Oh boy, look at what time it is!
>>
File: 1359489711805.jpg (669 KB, 1920x1356) Image search: [Google]
1359489711805.jpg
669 KB, 1920x1356
>>26371297
How do i deal with size imbalance?
>>
>>26371454

Size imbalance, as in what exactly? Leg longer than the other?
>>
File: 317.5kg.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
317.5kg.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
how do I get this strong?
>>
>>26371489

You train. Basic principles go a long way. Read the guide, work on basic compound movements, such as these:

Introduction to Barbell Training
https://youtu.be/7HRqB30lxmo?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Deadlift
https://youtu.be/4AObAU-EcYE?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Overhead Press
https://youtu.be/CnBmiBqp-AI?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Bench Press
https://youtu.be/4T9UQ4FBVXI?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Power Clean
https://youtu.be/wIB_X2N6020?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L
>>
>>26371480
My left pec is slightly bigger than my right.
>>
Slow thread suddenly. May go back to Kerbal...

I'll post more information before that.

-------------------------------------

https://youtu.be/F3QY5vMz_6I?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/-4qRntuXBSc?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/Dy28eq2PjcM?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/rT7DgCr-3pg?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/7HRqB30lxmo?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/423Ew_DQC40
>>
>>26371576

I'd assume it's also stronger. You can work out imbalances by using dumbbells if you normally use BB's.

I'd recommend cutting out curls entirely. Any idea how that imbalance came about?
>>
Can you list a few ways to get easy calories and/or protein for someone who doesn't really like to eat?

are shakes the way to go? (but they seem like an effort)
>>
>>26368954
haha, i do 31 pull ups, 21 push ups, 16 sit ups, 16 leg raises and 11 second crunches. get on my level scrub
>>
fuck off nick you beta cuck
>>
>>26371608
Think its a combination of bad form and a lot of body fat on top of the muscle.
>>
>>26371649
>Can you list a few ways to get easy calories and/or protein for someone who doesn't really like to eat?

Whole milk. Drink your calories for extra cals. Literally anything, but mostly orange juice and other fruit juices if you can, rather than soda.

Also nuts. Nuts are insane in cals.

Protein shake don't taste good and may prove harder to consume than normal food or other drinks.
>>
File: 1298997406031.png (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1298997406031.png
8 KB, 493x402
>>26371667
efwfwfwefw original
>>
I'm doing a bit of bodyweight exercise every second day and I feel like im slowly getting there, but I feel like my abs are not making any progress, only the upper too are really showing when im flexing. im doing situps for abs.
>>
>>26371789
>Whole milk. Drink your calories for extra cals. Literally anything, but mostly orange juice and other fruit juices if you can, rather than soda.
>Also nuts. Nuts are insane in cals.
thanks, I like those ideas
>>
Home gym master race here, did low bar squats, front squats and pendlay rows. Took me nearly 2.5 hours, I would take 5+ minutes rest between sets and today have cold symptoms. This happens to me after a high volume leg day
>>
>>26371817
>im doing situps for abs.

If you can do 20, you won't progress much. At this point, you need heavier, not more.

If you got a pull up bar, do ab exercises with that, it'll work better. I expect deadlifts will be more efficient than anything else though.

more weight = more strength = more muscle mass
>>
>>26371844
>thanks, I like those ideas

That's why I keep coming back.

Orange Juice is way more calorific than we imagine. Just buy shitloads and drink all day. The fructose in that bitch will fatten you up. Pick whatever you want, check the cals, see which has most and which you prefer, and drink that stuff, and eat these nuts. Pistachios would be my pick. I could munch on that shit all day.
>>
>>26371846

My current work out also takes me that amount of time. Pretty crazy, but it takes what it takes.

Got myself a wry neck from taking a walk in the cold after a work out and a shower. Feelsbadman.
>>
File: lose-gain-maintain-weight.png (71 KB, 698x749) Image search: [Google]
lose-gain-maintain-weight.png
71 KB, 698x749
I may take my leave for the night. Any other questions?
>>
>>26371858
What are some bodyweight exercises good for abs? I do have access to a pullup bar but its a rather awkward installation and its quite dangerous.
>>
>>26368635
Hey OP-

Currently I'm doing 45 mins empty stomach cardio on the elliptical machine followed by moderate weights. I do this 5 times a week (weights are compounds followed by accessory). Is this optimal for weight loss? Really want to lose my love handles/ moobs/ pouch. Thanks.
>>
>>26372026
>I do have access to a pullup bar but its a rather awkward installation and its quite dangerous.

I bought one of these, but gave up after it crushed my face in. Now I use ropes, which I tie around a beam and tie to my bar. Each rope is double-folded and I use two ropes for extra security. If one rope breaks, I got 3 more left, which is way enough to get back on my feet.

With a bar, you should do lots of rotation ab exercises, raising your legs and such. Just doing chin ups worked my abs too, more than any situp sessions.

Consider doing situps with weight on you, too.

But don't assume you can just work abs only and get good results.

Pasta from my guide that didn't make it to the guide yet.

(cont)
>>
>>26372137
So You Want Abs?

You shouldn't attempt to work out just one particular area of your body, especially not for esthetic reasons alone. Your body functions as a whole and to strengthen any one part of it more than the rest would only lead to muscular imbalances. You'd also end up looking goofy naked, thus cancelling the very thing you were looking for originally. Keep this in mind: what works best, what is most functional, also happens to look best. In other words, don't seek to have nice abs alone, seek to have a nice body altogether, and seek to achieve this by getting stronger and losing fat.

If you're already somewhat in shape but struggle to get visible abs, what you need isn't necessarily more work out for these abs, but simply burn the layer of fat on them. And no, you cannot target the fat you want to lose: your body will tap into your fat in a general manner and you will only lose fat on your abs as you lose fat everywhere else. If you're the sort that stores fat in the belly more than everywhere else, then this will be the last place to burn the fat completely. Keep on that caloric deficit and you will get there eventually.
>>
>>26372160
Another word for those of you who never worked out before and are considering doing so just to look good. There is so much more to it than you know, and you should consider this before all else. If you go to it only thinking of achieving some quick esthetic result so you can lift your shirt at a party and impress the ladies, you will not only fail spectacularly, but you will also lose motivation very fast. If you somehow succeeded, you'd become a living joke as imbalanced physiques simply don't look good. They look funny. Do you want to look funny? No, of course not, if you're interested in improving your looks. So I repeat: anything you may want to achieve in terms of esthetics will result from actually getting healthier, stronger, etc. Immediately drop any dreams of doing 40 situps a day for 2 months and obtaining the desired abs. That's not how it works.

Suppose you're beyond the esthetic concern and intend to work out fully - meaning your whole body - but still would like to ensure abs at some point. Consider this: to grow, muscles need to understand that more is requested of them than they usually offer. You achieve this by lifting heavier and heavier. Now, you can't exactly lift with your abs. While you may reasonably load up before you do your situps, I'm not sure that this is the best way to get there. A barbell program with compound movements that require most of your muscles to act (such as the deadlift and squat) will also work your abs, and more efficiently, since you are made to lift heavy weights (relatively to your own strength) and that this is more than what you could do with situps. So yeah, if you are to get abs, that should be part of a larger goal: to get strong and fit overall.
>>
>>26372184
thanks for your help m80 but don't worry i was just asking for a way to better train my abs, i am already training my whole body. is the guide you spoke of online anywhere?
>>
I'm going to be doing some manual labor wagecucking,
I have one week of work and one week at home.

If I start doing SS, the version with pull ups and chin ups, every alternating week will I see progress?
>>
>>26372349

Good.

My guide? It's posted here:

>>26371297
>>
>>26372104

Focus on calorie counting PRIMARILY. No amount of burning calories will be as efficient as eating 400 less than you need. Which means you need to calculate your caloric needs.

Empty stomach cardio sounds great if you can handle it. I wouldn't lift after that, though. It won't do much and it doesn't burn much either. You could do weights one day, and cardio the next. That'd work better. Otherwise you'll just burn the energy you need to grow muscle.
>>
>>26372446
>If I start doing SS, the version with pull ups and chin ups, every alternating week will I see progress?

Yes. Guaranteed. Do everything right and you will improve. You'll get stronger, then you'll look different, better. Be patient, that stuff grows slowly.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.