[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: O1BQY84.jpg (279 KB, 767x1000) Image search: [Google]
O1BQY84.jpg
279 KB, 767x1000
Don't see one, lets get this shit started.

Noticed during cardio that my calf started hurting but it was only the right side of my right calf. Is this normal or what?

If I've done an EC Stack before, do I have to ween myself back into small doses or start normal dosage?
>>
Okay this is a stupid question but I honestly don't know this. If i have a can of beans that is 400 grams, with 240 grams of that being beans, what is the nutritional information on it about? It doesn't specify there? Like it's just 100 g = 53 kcal , 5,3g carb , 4,4g protein.. If i eat the whole can, do I multiply the 53 kcal by 4 or 2.4 ?
>>
will juice shrink my peepee
>>
>>35942096
4. The rest is just brine but I'm pretty sure the nutritional values on the label are the weighted average of 160g brine and 240g cooked beans.
>>35942137
Just your balls, ask Rich.
>>
File: dumshit.jpg (106 KB, 625x855) Image search: [Google]
dumshit.jpg
106 KB, 625x855
>>35942077
Is it normal that if I work out really hard, trying to drink water is like trying to fit 2 dicks in my asshole cause my body's like: "Fuck you I'd rather have air"?
>>
How can I tell if chest pain is from DOMS or from heart problems?
>>
>>35942273
uhh dont think doms pain would be as severe. is it sharp pain?
>>
>>35942273
DOMS is in front of your ribcage, where the muscle is. Your heart is on the inside of your ribcage, baka. Also DOMS should get stronger when you flex the muscle in question
>>
>>35942283
Yes
>>35942293
The entire area hurts and I can't distinguish inside from outside atm. Every time I use the muscle I feel tightness in my chest which also is a sign of heart problems. The tighness is there all the time, not just when I flex, but DOMS also hurt a lot, so Idn.
>>
>>35942312
Could be doms or could be angina or some shit. Go to the cardiologist if your really worried. I had to do it a few months ago when I noticed heart palpitations, it's a pain in the ass but worth the peace of mind.
>>
How much above "maintanance" should I eat on lifting days, to make optimal gains? I'm 178 cm and about 61-62 kg. Been trying to eat atleast around 2100 kcal daily because that's what myfitnesspal gave me.
>>
>>35942454
tdee +500
>>
File: rubens.jpg (1 MB, 767x3669) Image search: [Google]
rubens.jpg
1 MB, 767x3669
>>35942077
Hello I made this for you.
>>
Are BCAA's in tablet form worse than powder? They're a shit tonne cheaper but I don't want to buy it if it's a waste
>>
>>35942077
Can you spot-reduce muscle?
>>
185cm, 80kg, probably 25% bf
lift 3-4 times a week for one hour
getting anywhere from 2100 to 2700 TDEE from calculators
which ones can I trust?
>>
what is this
>smaller ROM"
crap people in the manlet threads keep talking about
>>
Hey /fit/,

Is it possible to get 5 g's of creatine from food per day, or do you actually "need" the supplement?
>>
>>35942880
Yes, just stop using that muscle
>>
File: IMG-20160207-WA0021.jpg (102 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160207-WA0021.jpg
102 KB, 533x800
I'm working at home lately and I've noticed this decreases the amount of movement in my day, this concerns me most in relation to rest days, when I feel I'm noy doing shit. My question is: would it make sense to impose a rule to myself that goes like "Every time I drink a glass of water or a cup of coffee, everytime I go to the toilet, everytime I raise from my chair I do a set of something between pushups, pullups, kettlebell deadlifts, kettlebell squat"? I mean, I know this would not substitute a real training, but is there a value in a lot of quick sessions of something spread throughout the day?
>>
>>35942880
I don't see why you'd want to make muscles smaller, but if you do just neglect that muscle entirely.

>>35942947
Range Of Motion

>>35942947
Maybe go about the middle.
>>
>>35942991
To give some context: I'm currently in a cutting diet, lifting 3 times a week and planning to put cardio in the mix when I can (not a lot of it, just running a hour or so when I feel like it during rest days).
>>
>>35942958
Range of Motion
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 589x735) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 589x735
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTL0e2hGKaQ&feature=youtu.be

Could someone form check my squat and give advice as to how not to turn it into a good morning squat?

Up until now I've kept ok form but this was my first time doing 205 and it felt rather heavy, so my form suffered.

Been donig ICF 5x5 for 1.5 months
>>
>>35942991
>>35943018
Some activity is always better than no activity.
Regular intensive activity is a whole lot better than that though. Don't do that and think "this is good enough, now I'm healthy and can feel good about myself".
>>
I eat below my caloric intake for 2 weeks now and yet my weight remains the same; I haven't lost a pound. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
>>
I've decided to try loading/deloading/loading on my lifts and I've seen a pretty big improvement. Is this a legit method or am I brosciencing myself?
>>
>>35943040
No, not at all: I know that this is nothing compared to a training session, just curious about the possible outcome. I would just burn a really small amount of calories, right?
>>
>>35943066
It'd be less effort to just reduce your serving size by a fraction if calories are what you're worried about
>>
>>35943069
Yes, already thought about that, I'm trying to stay in a reasonable deficit range.
>>
What does /fit/ think of this program?

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/2-times-a-week-for-twice-the-gains

Have you ever tried it?
>>
>>35942991
>is there a value
Yes. You won't grow a shit ton of muscle, but it will help your overall health, burn a few calories and improve your sleep. It might also improve your movement patterns for your real workout, since what you're doing is essentially spaced repetition. But all of that only works if you put in the focus and the effort. If you do it mindlessly, you might mess up your form and injure yourself. I do something similar and it's a nice habit to get good focus.
>>
Is foam rolling supposed to hurt this much?
It feels fine at first, but when rolling over my calves for more than 5-6 times after a run the pain just gets worse and worse until I have to stop cause I can't bear it.

I'm normally pretty resistant to pain.
>>
>>35943026
You round your back extremely much. Get better posture.
>>
>>35943096
I wasn't considering the form improvement, this makes sense. Thank you.
>>
>>35943058
>I eat below my caloric intake
I'm guessing you mean below your daily expenditure (TDEE)

>my weight remains the same
If your weight stays the same, you're eating at maintenance by definition. Eating below your TDEE doesn't mean eating below the number a TDEE calculator gave you. It means losing weight.

Weigh yourself after your morning piss/shit, before breakfast, once a week at the most.
If you don't lose weight in 2 consecutive weeks, reduce caloric intake by 500. Repeat as necessary.
>>
Do you do tap and go deadlifts or do you let the weight settle on the ground first? and do you bench til your arms are parallel to the floor or tap your chest?
>>
>>35943135
It's called deadlift cause you lift a dead weight. Let it settle.

And you tap your chest on bench, but don't let it bounce. Rest it for a second.
>>
>>35943135
Don't be the spaz who dribbles the damn barbell on the diddly like a basketball.
Set that shit down, if you're using momentum you're not deadlifting and everybody's laughing at you.
>>
>>35943095
I work out on such a protocol and enjoy the occasional gainz.
Just gotta go all out every single time.
>>
>>35942991
I installed a pullupbar in the doorway to my kitchen. Every time I entered, I would do a number of pullups, which I increased by 1 rep per week.

My autism made me go from a PR of 12 to doing 20 reps erry day.
>>
>>35943135

DEADlift

Meaning the bar is totally stationary when you commence the pulling movement and your kinetic chain is in a state of relaxation (Not in an eccentric movement) Touch and go diddlys are for pussies and bodybuilders (Which a synonymous)

Bench press means that you will lower the bar to your chest, touch your chest (no bounce) and then push the bar back to the starting position.

If you touch-n-go deadlift or only bench to parallel, you are no better than the curl bros.

> If I had a dollar for every time I've head "Yeah dude I bench like 300lbs" even though they they don't squat or diddly becuz "Back/Knee problems" then see them bench and the bar barely goes parallel.
>>
Every time I try to do a back squat, I get sharp pains in my lower back the next day. It's reminiscent of the time I hurt my lower back on a trampoline. Is it because I'm performing the squats wrong? I think I might be bending too much at the waist. My torso is basically doing a good morning while my legs are squatting sometimes.
>>
>>35939438
Do seasonings count towards your macros ? Does cutting your hair short prevent balding or stimulate growth ?
>>
>>35943318
Your attitude is funny considering the fact that any good bodybuilder will bench with a much larger ROM than any good powerlifter will. A bodybuilder will always try to increase the ROM while a powerlifter will try to reduce it (via arching his back and taking a super wide grip)
>>
Can I do texas method on a cut? I just started doing it. I like it. I only have 1 month bulk left tho. Should I still do it once I cut or do something else? If something else what? It has to be 3 times a week btw.
>>
>>35943330
No and no
>>
The bf% sensor says I have 19% bf but I feel that I possess more as I still have a gut. Is the sensor accurate?
>>
what are the main negatives of going on a 1000 cal deficit instead of 500 (assuming i still get enough protein?) all i could stomach today was some chicken breasts and a mango
>>
>>35943463
no. the only accurate measurement is done in a water tank.
>>
can someone explain to me vitamins, i read on some post here someone saying someone needed to take vitamins because their diet was shit or something, how do i know if i need them?
>>
>>35943464
main negatives are reduced energy, libido, and cognitive abilities if you do it long term. it's impossible to get enough fats and micros.
you won't lose muscle as long as you train it, eat enough protein and aren't close to natty limit, or 10% bf.
unless you're obese, then -1000 is fine.
>>
My right pec is under developed, it's like my left pec is nice and puffy and my right got picked by a needle, been lifting for almost two years

Wat do?
>>
>>35943478
if you feel like shit, take a multi and see if it improves.
when your diet isn't shit, and you don't limit yourself to very few foods, multis aren't necessary.
>>
How far will I get with dumbbells only?

I'm a skelly and only started training late december. I started with 7.5kg weights I think and am at 10kg now, about to move on to 12.5kg.

Once I'm at 15kg ( most weight I can put on them ) can I keep training by doing harder exercises? Too poor for gym and no room for a barbell right now.
>>
>>35942077
What do fellow ausfags pay for gym membership? I'm in adelaide and all the gyms close to me are around $12-$15 a week. Is that around average or are there cheaper ones that I'm not finding? Isnt planet fitness in america like $10 a month?
>>
>>35943492
yeah but i mean like what foods are vitamin foods, my diet is usually chicken and fruit, i dont feel like shit
>>
>>35943497
my current gym is like 32$ a fortnight and the one at the uni i'm attending is like 48$ a fortnight (sydney)
>>
is it that unhealthy to fry chicken breasts in the pan with oil? should i switch to spray?
>>
>>35943501
>what foods are vitamin foods
Literally all of them. I've read a study that showed even subjects who only ate McDonalds got all vitamins they needed. Just make sure to eat meat, fish, other animal products, veggies, and fruit. If you cut out one of these completely, you might have to do some research to avoid missing something.
>>
>>35943501

Various vegetables, nuts, berries. Some red meat or spinach for iron if female.

But if you feel good then you're fine.
>>
>>35943522
There's nothing unhealthy about oil.
>>
stopped drinking diet cokes 3 days ago, got over the headaches and I feel good albeit a bit tired, my question is, is it anything wrong with drinking mineral water? I drink more mineral water than normal water and not sure if its alright.
>>
>>35943526
>>35943533
i gotta be honest even though i'm probably gonna get crucified
i pretty much never eat vegetables, although i eat a lot of fruit
is there anything i should be doing?
>>
>>35943494
>can I keep training by doing harder exercises?
To some extend, yeah. But eventually you are going to need access to heavier weights.
>>
>>35943577
If you don't like veggies and still feel fine, don't sweat it too much. Fruit got you covered for fiber, and vitamins are abundant in other food, too.
>>
How long should ignore a toothache before getting it looked at? I'm currently on day two
>>
>>35943649
Not at all.
>>
>>35942077
Warm up - stretch - run - stretch for best results.
>>
>>35942077
>posting the tumblr version
>>
>>35943644
ok thanks, its just that i'm a super fussy eater and absolutely hate vegetables, save like carrots
>>
>>35943577

Meh, if you eat fruit you should be fine.
>>
>>35943668

The problem with most people is usually that they don't like veggies...but then they don't eat enough fruit and nuts and things like that either. Then you start feeling shitty.
>>
>>35943541
ok thanks, i keep hearing use spray instead but i wasn't sure if the difference is that great
>>
>>35943567
Drink as much mineral water as you want. All water is mineral water to some degree, unless you've distilled it.
>>
>>35943097
bump
>>
is chicken schnitzel that much worse than frying regular chicken breast? (i.e. just dipping it in egg and breadcrumbs) i always see people saying to eat chicken breasts but i never see schnitzel
>>
>>35943709
It adds more calories (specifically simple carbs) for the same amount of protein.
>>
>>35943709
worse?
Depends on your goals

much worse?
Certainly not.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-09-09-51-05-1.png (135 KB, 1440x1898) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-09-09-51-05-1.png
135 KB, 1440x1898
Is their anything wrong with getting more than 1 gram of protien per body weight when bulking? Im more sensetive to carbs so I keep them lower than recommend and I don't see any reason to increase my fat intake anymore than needed. I know I cold say the same about my protien intake but I like protiens more than I like any other macro.
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 219x230
>>35943660
I'm saving this one
>>
>>35943026
Any other opinions?

I usually keep my posture better but the weight fucked my form
>>
How can I increase my libido?
>>
>>35943933
depends what your goal is, if you're bulking, stick to 1gr per pound , if your cutting it might be beneficial because you increase your insuline sensitivity and stay catabolic longer
>>
>>35943933
It's pointless, it costs more, is harder to eat enough on a bulk, it turns your shit into diamonds if you don't eat enough fiber, and it can lead to kidney stones if you don't drink enough.
>>
Whats fits opinion on green tea supplements? Just bought 400 caps
>>
>>35944067
I know their is no additional benifits from taking more protien but it seeing as I eat about 40-50 grams of fiber and drink 6 litres of water a day I should be fine.
>>
How to grind girls?? I put my donger on butt and move it around. Do I move with her or do my own thing???
>>
>>35943333
Obviously the powerlifter will distinguish between training technique and competition technique.
They won't cut the rom as much as possible to build muscle and get stronger.
>>
>>35944164
>the powerlifter will distinguish between training technique and competition technique.
Absolutely not. The Principle of Specificity demands that the powerlifter trains his main lifts exactly as he would during competition. He'll do other variations of bench pressing to build muscle, work on weak points and avoid over-use injuries, but there is no difference in technique between competition and training the regular bench press (with the possible exception of the pause at the chest).
>>
Sorry on my phone so I can't use the search function, but when I do squats my legs make popping noises and they hurt like shit the next couple of days. Is there some kind of rookie mistake I'm probably making?
>>
So i was thinking of changing up my diet a little and moving to a more carb cycling diet. How do you recommend the breakdowns while training 3 days a week. I usually do 3 lifting sessions a week (MWF) and do 3 GPP days with Sunday being more of a relax/off day.

Obviously I want to have more carbs on training days, but can you properly deplete muscle glycogen with just one day in between? Or should I instead do something like...

S-Low Carb
M-High Carbs
T-Low Carb
W-Medium Carb
Th-Low Carb
F-High Carb
S-Low Carb

Thoughts? What protocols have you tried that you like? Is carb cycling worth it?
>>
>>35942991
If you are working out following a program, be careful with adding too many accessories. How about a nice walk outside a couple times a day?
If you don't workout besides, do as much of that bullshit workouts as you can.
>>
File: gatorade-fruit-punch-20-oz.jpg (87 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gatorade-fruit-punch-20-oz.jpg
87 KB, 500x500
Is my diet shit?

85= 1 cup of blue berries
160 = two eggs
200 = Trail mix (3)
220 = two slices of whole grain bread (2)
72 = medium apple
31 = 1 cup of broccoli
32 = 1 cup of green beans
310 = 6-7~ ounces of chicken breast (2)
62= orange
52 = 1 cup of carrots
112 = sweet potato
113 = ¼ of a cup of wasabi peas
101 = a tiny bit of butter / dressing
125 = Gatorade 20oz

2605 Calories

how can i make it better?
>>
How do i force myself to workout? I think about running around my neighborhood everyday but i can't find myself to do so.
[spoiler]probably because i'm anxious as fuck and a fat fuck gasping for breath isn't exactly pleasing to look at[/spoiler]
>>
>>35943933
If you eat enough fiber and drink a lot of water, you'd be fine. But it wont help you build any more muscle
>>
File: Your squat form.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Your squat form.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>35943998
>the weight fucked my form
Build a bigger back to keep proper form.

Do a proper bodybuilding program focused on back for 3 months, you'll be amazed how not being an awkward twig can benefit your squat form.

No, seriously, you look very, very awkward under that bar, like you're having problems keeping the bar on your back and you're holding it in place with your hands.
This will lead to wrist problems in a few years.

You can watch this
https://youtu.be/pUTcYA9daoE
to give you an idea how to keep the bar on your back and not be the Beaky Buzzard.
>>
File: JeffBlogPic1.jpg (50 KB, 408x358) Image search: [Google]
JeffBlogPic1.jpg
50 KB, 408x358
>>35944374
>How do i force myself to workout?
You just do. Pick a time of day where you're always at home. Set an alarm clock. When it rings, do your workout no matter what.

>a fat fuck gasping for breath isn't exactly pleasing to look at
People will hate looking at you, cause you remind them of what they should be doing to better themselves.
>>
I think I really need to see a psychiatrist soon because my depression has gotten really bad. I actually took some antidepressant last year for quite a while after being admitted into a hospital and it made me more stable, yet here I fucking am again. I know that different things work for different people, but wanted to ask what kind of antidepressants or anything have actually helped any of you or had the least side effects?
>>
>>35944374
>I think about running around my neighborhood
Just get up and run.

You don't need proper shoes or clothes to do a fucking sprint.
Once you do that sprint, you've done something.

You can either run some more sprints right there, go home and change, then run some more, run two sprints tomorrow, run twice the distance tomorrow, or I don't know, think of some shit to best your former self.

Once you start, it's easy to continue, because there's a nagging voice in the back of your head.
>>
Does anyone still have the recipe to help skellies with their calorie intake? It consisted of 4 ingredients and I think it had peanut butter and coffee whitener.
>>
I finally started stretching, and I'd like to know how I know if I'm doing it right?

In particular, when I'm doing a glutes bridge, I feel it in my knees almost as bad as in my back.

Also, a standing pike, is it supposed to stretch my upper back? Was I doing it wrong?

My last issue was with the underarm shoulder stretch. My elbows felt really uncomfortable.

Are any of these normal, or are they an indication of shitty form?
>>
>>35944337

Less shitty carbs, more protein & good fats.

Trail mix & Gatorade can be removed for some more worthwhile carbs.
>>
>>35944768
>In particular, when I'm doing a glutes bridge, I feel it in my knees almost as bad as in my back.
Focus on putting your back muscles under tension. You should feel it in your glutes and back, not in your knees.

>Also, a standing pike, is it supposed to stretch my upper back?
No. Your upper back should be relaxed and straight.

>My last issue was with the underarm shoulder stretch. My elbows felt really uncomfortable.
Don't lock them out. Keep them at an angle.
>>
I just started my first EC stack. I'm using bronkaid which is E sulfate as opposed to E HCL. Does it really matter? What would you guys recommend? Also, would you guys recommend that I take aspirin or yohimbine with it for my first stack?
>>
Rate my back (mostly upper back focused) routine
Cable rows 4 sets 8-12 reps
Power cleans 4-5 sets 3-6 reps
Sumo deadlift 3-4 sets 3-6 reps
T bar row 3 sets 10-15 reps
Pretty sure everything is worked enough (and probably more than enough)
>>
>>35944337
replace gatorade with a banana and trail mix with some oats
>>
Why don't you count the bar? Quick extra 45lbs to your max
>>
>>35944974
>>35944337
ill try some oats
are they okay to eat raw?
>>
Question....

Let's say in the morning you cook bacon, log the macros/calories in something like MFP. Then later in the day you are going to cook something (let's just use chicken as an example) Instead of adding say olive oil or something else and use the bacon fat/grease to cook it in, are you adding more calories back into the meal? Or since you have already counted the calories and macros from the bacon at the start of the day does that take into account that?

Obviously this is semi-hypothetical, I see nothing wrong with a little olive oil if its fitting your macros its more of curiosity.
>>
>>35944951
Tagging onto this question, how do you drink on an EC stack?
>>
File: image.jpg (288 KB, 750x2351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
288 KB, 750x2351
>>35942077
What would be the right path to this body from mine? Top is me, bottom is goal (for now). I honestly don't know what is true anymore since half of /fit/ says SS is a meme that will make me into a fat t rex and the other half say SS is important.

Should I stick with SS until a certain point and switch to a bro split or PPL or something? Or should I switch my routine immediately? Or should I stay completely with SS?
Current 6' 132lbs 13.4% bf.
>>
>>35945207
You fell for the "SS is a meme" meme.
>>
>>35945207
Also I've been on SS for a few weeks now. Decent strength progress I suppose.
>>
>>35945170
You should probably get checked for autism.
>>
File: 00746775181369_A1C0.1024x1024.jpg (62 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
00746775181369_A1C0.1024x1024.jpg
62 KB, 1024x1024
>>35945207
Become a Ken doll.
>>
>>35942077
How should I go about doing C25K if I can only run once a week due to work and it being dark out early?
>>
>>35945233
>on 4chan
>autistism level
>high

Now answer the fucking question autistic.
>>
Do Handstand pushups work the same groups as OHP?
>>
>>35942077
I've been lifting for around 5 months at maintenance and have made gains, is it possible to recomp despite not having noob gains anymore?
>>
I've just started a new job,it requires me being at home, VOIP meetings and spreadsheets. I might get 5-15 minutes to myself every hour or so, would I be able to make gains while doing a very spread work out.

Example:

9:00 - Start work
9:45 - 3x8 OHP
10:45 - 3x8 Front/Side Lat Raises

This can go on for up to 5 hours, apart from the lack of a warm up, what other negatives are their compared to a standard hour of training/lifting?
>>
>>35945277
Yes, but the ROM is shorter for your arms, and they work your core muscles a lot more.
>>
>>35945249
"Skip" every other run.
You'll progress twice as fast per run, and 2/3 as fast per week as the program suggests.
>>
>>35943097
>>35943698
p-pls respond?
>>
>>35945334
Yes. You can do a normal workout if the time you have uninterrupted is enough for warmup + 1 exercise.
>>
Does anyone know how to get an accurate BMR/TDEE? All the random online websites differ pretty widely.
>>
Should I get a rice steamer machine? Worth it? Is it better then cooking it in the tall pan?
>>
>>35945351
>ROM is shorter

Handstand pushups should be done with parallettes for that reason. If they're done flat on the floor some people call them Headstand pushups.
>>
>>35945334
What exactly is that "work" schedule like? How long are you obligated to be on VOIP and/or making spreadsheets.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 750x586) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 750x586
There are 3-ish weeks between the pics. Ive lost 5 kg during that time.
Am i Cutting too fast or is it fine?
Only Thing i have noticed is that i finde a bit harder to focus sometimes, but i was told that was normal.
>>
>>35942077
By oats do people mean just regular old Quaker oats like this or should I be buying something different?
>>
>>35945483
Likely cutting to fast. And honestly it won't be sustainable unless you literally starve yourself. however, if your able to tolerate it, then go for it. No more then about 1 kg a week is what people consider to be healthy, and most aim for half a kg.
>>
>>35945429
Personally I find rice cookers to be amazing, its kind of like a crockpot. Can you cook shit in another way? Sure. But its easier, much more "start and forget" and just overall I feel it taste better but it may be my own fail rice cooking experiences from stove top/pans.
>>
File: greed.jpg (1 MB, 1908x1884) Image search: [Google]
greed.jpg
1 MB, 1908x1884
>>35945483

You can't be serious.
I'm precisely like left pic, eating 900/1000 kcal MAX per day, (that includes only Salad, Potatoes, Legumes...) 2nd week. Playing Basketball every single day for 30 mins, also 20 min cardio and some moderate weight lifting.

You are lying 100% and I just took the bait, right?
>>
doing SS on 2/3 days

other day its

curls
tricep extensions
ohp
shrugs
all 3x8 with dumbbells
and abwheel 3x12

that ok for a upper body only day to compensate SS?
>>
>>35945473
I'm a HR Area Manager, so I am usually required to liase with different clients and staff, the time varies between each meeting and different days may require more input during these meetings. Thus why I was wondering if I were able to use time effectively during my "work" day, or whether to wait until I have finished at 5/6pm, to have a proper work out.
>>
>>35945564
Have you tried brown rice in it? Does it come out good?
>>
>>35945617
Nope, 1000kcal a Day, only Laen Meat and vegetables. Loads of water. 30 min cardio minimum a 5k a day. And 1hr and 20 minutes of strength training after. All day err day
>>
>>35942077
I have a gym where I can pay 5€/workout, would that be considered a good deal? Going 3 times a week
>>
Why is the bar not counted?
>>
>>35945922
If you do follow that schedule for an entire year then no, you're getting fucking jipped son.
>>
>>35945938
That's a meme, it's counted.
It's fucking 20kg/45lbs, how you not gonna count that?
>>
>>35945922
Man up and get a year membership (if you like the gym)
>>
>>35945955
>>35945922
comparing it with my membership to Gold's gym where I pay $20/month, you would roughly be paying about 600 bucks more unless I did my 5th grade math wrong.
>>
>>35945973
I dont even know what to believe here, is counting it the meme or not counting it?
>>
I am fear others watching me work out, I do all my gym work inside my house, what is the best way for me to work on my cardio on the same level as running. I also can't afford big heavy machines like treadmills and the likes.
>>
>>35945855
>Laen Meat

well... good job. You are putting more effort than me, mirin. Very inspirational.
>>
Didn't have a squat rack in old gym, started squatting 2 weeks ago. I can bench more than squat.

How should I kill myself?
>>
So I've just tried out Candito's 4 day Strength/Control program and while I've seen great lower body gains on it I struggled to improve much with its upper body programming to the point where most of my upper body lifts are an entire strength standard below my lower ones. Is there an inverse intermediate program that delivers quality upper body gains while keeping lower progress pretty low? I'd rather get a more balanced strength profile than see my squat and deadlift numbers shoot up while my bench struggles to keep up.
>>
>>35943488
Dumbbell bench and one-arm fly?
>>
>>35946180
Kek. I'm on my iPad which I rarely use.
Well now I'm just concerned that I'm working myself too hard
>>
File: einbeinig_start.gif (17 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
einbeinig_start.gif
17 KB, 205x205
>>35946177
pic related
>>
>>35945813
Yes, I typically make either brown rice or basamati rice, both are great.
>>
I make a shake with around 100g of protein from various ingredients. My friend is saying that I can't absorb that much protein in a sitting and am wasting food.

Am I?
>>
Right now I am doing stronglifts. I feel comfortable with all of the main lifts, making progress every week and I am enjoying the overall program. However, i've been wanting to add the accessory lifts but I find myself having to hurry through them if I do them at the end of a workout. I am a pretty busy person and I try to find about an hour a day for physical activity/training.

So what I am considering doing is moving the two accessory workouts to there own day, combine them with some ab / mobility work. Right now I am thinking Tues/Thurs or Tues/Sat.

If I make take 2 days to dedicate to other exercises (besides squat, ohp, bench press, deadlift, rows) what other areas/exercises do you think are worth doing.

Right now I was thinking dips/chinups. Some basic core work (planks, spidermans, hanging leg raises, etc). Maybe a little bicep isolation.

These would be work I do at a home gym, not at a regular gym so I don't have quite the same access to individual machines. But I do have things like dumbbells, ez curl w/ enough weights for things like curls or skullcrushers, fitness bands, etc.

any other recommended exercises to add to these days?
>>
What are best exercises for rear delts?
>>
File: 1425629563216.gif (863 KB, 238x238) Image search: [Google]
1425629563216.gif
863 KB, 238x238
Oats, banana, peanut butter, milk and cinnamon make for a good lunch-smoothie, right?

Any tips on good sources for calories besides raisins and pnb?
>>
>>35942838
saved
>>
>>35946567
I like reverse flys
>>
If someone has 20% bodyfat, does it mean that 20% of their weight is fat?
>>
What to do if i'm leaning forward when doing squats? I'm almost falling down (highbar atg)
>>
>>35946660
Sounds like you're underusing your hams. Try keeping them tight as you squat - if it's hard, you neglected them.
>>
>>35942838
BASED ANON
>>
File: city.jpg (278 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
city.jpg
278 KB, 2560x1600
is it kosher to add a little more (either more reps to each set or add more exercises) to the SS routine?
>>
To save money, I've decided to eat caffiene tablets instead of food in the time between lunch and dinner. Is this safe?
>>
File: calf_muscles.png (42 KB, 270x342) Image search: [Google]
calf_muscles.png
42 KB, 270x342
>>35942077
I've started running last month (resolutioner lel) and I've stuck with it. Last week I got up to being able to run 2 miles without stopping, which is a big milestone for me since I've always had shitty cardio.

One thing I've noticed is that my calves, especially pic related, get sore really easily now. Is this normal? Will it go away with time? I plan on sticking to 2mi 3x a week for another week or two before I up it to 2.5mi.

I eventually want to be able to do 3mi mwtrf by may, is that realistic?

Thanks.
>>
>>35946834
Too much caffeine isn't great for your heart and isn't great for your mental well-being if you overdo it. How many mg/day we talking here?
>>
>>35945102
Kek. probably, but I wouldnt
>>
>>35942991
for weight loss, this is extremely effective...

for strength training or packing on muscle mass, it is essentially useless.

just think of it as anaerobic cardio

aka the best cardio
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period
>>
>>35945529
Yes

>>35945624
Why don't you read the actual book. It gives excellent accessory workouts. Pro-tip chinup is one of them

>>35946214
Warm up with bar, then put bodyweight on the bar and rep it for 15. Dont forget to wear sandals and jean shorts.

>>35946219
You don't have to change programs. Increase the volume on your upper body.

>>35946177
sucking dick.
Get a gym membership faggot.

>>35946436
100g is a lot. You might be.
Drop it to 50g and drink two.

>>35946460
Yea, dont add days. Just do them at the end of the workout. If you can't take an extra 20-30 minutes to do the accessories, then just self-terminate. In all seriousness though, it would probably fuck with your progression on SL once you get to some heavy weight.

>>35946567
facepulls

>>35946660
Work on hip flexor and calf mobility. I had the same problem when I started squatting. Read the mobility sticky and do some googling.
>>
>>35946219
just replace squats for hip thrusts for a while.
>>
Clever tinder opening lines or phrases? I matched with this qt today and it's my first match ever that wasn't obviously a bot. I'm scared of fucking it up since I've been using this thing since March.
>>
>>35946436
you cannot *synthesize* that much.

you can totally anabolize that much... however it is totally excessive and there is no real for that much

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23260197

as far as synthesis goes, you can only expect to synthesize around 30g per sitting.

50g protein as
>>35947017
said, is probably closer to optimum
>>
>>35947035
stop putting worry on trying to be clever.
just say hi as you normally would
>>
>>35947141
>as you normally would
>implying that I'm not autismo the spaghetti chef extraordinaire
>>
>>35946847
runfags pls
>>
>>35946781
no.
it will fuck your progression down the line.

if anything only add reps to the last workset of each exercise.

if you can do more than 10 reps on the final set, you can increase the progression x2 (So adding 10 pounds instead of 5)

outside of that, you should stick to the program until you can no longer progress on the lifts.
>>
>>35947177
as you normally would to a person who you aren't trying to fuck.

come on guy, you know what i meant.
>>
>>35947035
You're already fucking it up because you're putting this random person you don't even know on a pedestal. That's a surefire way to spill spaghetti all over the place.
Once you teach yourself not to really care that much, everything will go so much smoother and you'll have more luck, and be bolder.
>>
>>35947017
That's kind of the issue, I get about an hour a day after work where I can hit the gym. With warmup sets already my sessions are getting to that hour point. By time I get out of there I need to pickup my kids, home, make dinner, etc etc. That extra 20-30 minutes literally means im late picking them up everyday and right now my sitter can't really stick around.

I guess I can cut them completely if it going to fuck my workouts that bad.
>>
I just started Texas Method after SL 5x5. Is it ok if your intensity and recovery day are like 40 mins each? I feel Im working out too little.
Also Id like to cut soon since I got fat from the bulk. Can I still do Texas Method? If yes then do I just not worry about weight adding each week since we know you cant gain muscle while losing weight? If no whats a 3 day/week routine I could do as an 'intermediate' when cutting?
>>
File: 4cf.jpg (49 KB, 499x468) Image search: [Google]
4cf.jpg
49 KB, 499x468
Every trainer at every gym I've been to has told me that deadlifts will fuck your lower back up, even with proper form. I'm inclined to take them out of my program.
What gives? Is there some truth to this?

I've also been told that skullcrushers fuck your elbows up.
>>
>>35942077
Anyone else find that their sex drive goes crazy after squats or is it just me? The stupidest shit make my dick diamonds.
>>
>>35947371
Instead of a bunch of extra excercises, just do chinups 3x10 on monday and fridays and dips 3x10 on wednesdays. Trust me, the chinups will help your biceps loads, and the dips will make your triceps and chest blow up even more. If you really want the extra pump, when you are done those accessories, just grab a barbell and curl it till failure.

You should make sure and do your mobility as much as possible. I do it after my workouts and on sunday nights if I am feeling bored.
>>
>>35947529
These accessories should take you no longer than 10 minutes to complete.
>>
I am current skelly who's trying his first bulk. My problem is though that I gained 5kg weight and would like to gain another 5kg but it seems impossible with only healthy food. Been in same weight for the last 2 weeks now.

Is it really that bad to eat one "shitty meal" per day?
>>
>>35947552
no. Whats your weight and height and how much are you eating?
>>
>>35947552
More milk and potatoes
>>
>>35947566
183cm / 80kg

Been trying to eat 4000kcals per day but sometimes I just cant eat that amount, my stomach fucking explodes.

Tried getting 2000kcal from shakes but it didnt really help my appetite.
>>
>>35947529
I didn't explain it very well, its simply not a matter of wanting to do extra exercises its a time constraint. Right now my workout takes ~60 minutes (+/- 5 minutes maybe) to complete. That's counting warming up / warmup sets.

I can't spend more time (on a given day) to do more working out. I can go to the gym other days (Tuesday/Thursday for example) but I can't spend more time at the gym on MWF.

So basically what I seem to be getting is that if you can't do the accessory work on the days you lift they aren't worth doing on another day, so its just best to cut them completely.

I simply have other responsibilities that prevent me from spending more then 60 minutes at the gym (per day). I can spend 5 hours a week at the gym but I can't split that up into larger groups of time then 60 minutes on anyday. So for now i'll simply cut them.
>>
>>35947595
Are you counting your calories?
To answer your question bluntly, yea you can eat a bad meal a day. Its not idea, but you can do it.

>>35947621
fair enough. You can probably do chin ups and small exercises on an offday. But you gotta be careful about what exercises you do. Incline bench is obviously gonna fuck with bench and OHP. leg press with squats etc. You can do a 'hypertrophy day' in between your strength days but be mindful. If it starts to make it harder to progress then drop it. I have always found chin ups to be fairly safe.
>>
>>35947690
Yes, according to some random tdee calculator 3500 calories per day should've done the trick all the way to 85kgs, but that doesnt seem to be the case here.
>>
When bouldering my forearms get very pumped and my grip strength goes. Would eating a snack mid session have any effect on improving endurance?
>>
>>35947690
That's one of the reasons I asked about accessories being done on off day in a non-gym environment. I can go to the gym on those days and do accessories but right now with my current schedule is I usually take my kids to a local park on T/Thr/Sat.

While at the park I can easily get in some sets of chinups, dip on parallel bars and get cardio chasing them around. I will also usually do ab/core work while im there (hanging leg raises, etc) since they play and I just sit on the grass or bench.
>>
>>35947735
did you re-do your TDEE when you put on 5 kg? cause your TDEE would have increased as well. Ragardless, just eat more. a dirty meal and a big deal unless it is all fat. just make sure its got decent macros. McDonalds McDouble is GOAT

>>35947757
took you for a loop. Sorry based Dad-anon.
Do what you wanna do on off days, Just keep intensity low-ish and track how its affecting you.
>>
>>35942454
If you're going to eat at a surplus only a few days of the week, you'd want to do it on rest days.
But the smartest idea would be to eat at a surplus every day.
>>
>>35943026
Give us a form check with a weight you can handle better.
>>
>>35942077
Can I do additional hip adduction work at home without hindering my lifting routine? On squats, knees are fine. On deads, they cave in from weak glutes. Should I add adductor work to leg day AND do things at home?
>>
please tell me what I fucked up in this routine. I have no experience making routines at all
>>
>>35948202
I do legs only once, because I row 4 times a week, and because I don't want to get tree trunks.

the abs exercises are on leg day
>>
How many times a week should I squat if I just want to maintain my legs? I do a lot of sports, can't let them become much bigger
>>
File: 1453175563315.jpg (330 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453175563315.jpg
330 KB, 1920x1080
Is there anything I can do to prevent getting "thigh burns" every time i walk/run for longer periods(except for losing more weight, wich im doing). I feel that I could walk much more than I do but after 30-60 mins the friction starts to hurt. Im currently at 181cm and 109kg.

Also when did your thighs stop touching former fatbros?
>>
>>35947552
No, it's fine. All things in moderation.

>>35947410
There's a biiiig difference between "can" and "will" cause injury. If done correctly, neither should be a huge issue.

On the other hand, neither exercise is mandatory for muscle growth. No reason to rake them out if they aren't causing trouble though.

>>35947408
One potential issue with cutting on TM is that it's usually a good idea to keep intensity high on your lifts at the cost of volume.

When in doubt, try to maintain weight on the bar when in a deficit. Having your sets/reps take a hit is preferable to losing intensity.

>>35946659
Yes.

>>35946622
Yes.

Whole milk, any sort of nut butter, oils, fatty cuts of meat, etc. are all calorie dense foods that are easy to add in.

>>35946436
No, you're not wasting it. Digestion isn't a linear process for food, and thinking there's a "max protein per meal" falls into the same caveat of reasoning that "food eaten right before bed gets turned to fat" does.

Satiation is a different story though.

>>35945422
Doesn't matter, they're all estimates anyway, and you'll have to adjust you calories up/down based on real world results regardless.

>>35945379
Yes, it's supposed to hurt.

>>35945182
E sulfate is about 80% as effective as EHCl. So 25 mg of Bronkaid = 20 mg of EHCl. You're good.

You don't need aspirin or yohimbine.

>>35944477
Bern on Prozac over a decade. Never had any serious side effects from it.

>>35944236
Post a form video here or in /plg/.

>>35944130
Overrated compared to caffeine tablets IMO.

>>35947753
It might, but I doubt it'll make a night and day difference. Can't hurt to try though.

>>35948156
I prefer stretching/mobility work on my off days, but you might he able to get away with more assuming it doesn't eat into your recovery.

>>35948202
Stick to a pre-made routine for now. You can worry about making your own custom routine once you've lifted for a while and understand the basics of programming.
>>
My bench has been stalled at 115 lbs for 3 weeks. I am eating at a deficit but I'm 40 lbs overweight and hitting my protein levels; I figured noob gains would hold out longer than this

All my other lifts are progressing, my OHP is only twenty pounds behind my bench now and closing

what do I do
>>
>>35948202
>push
>rear delt flyes
>>
>>35942838
Now this is autism.
>>
>>35942838
BASED
>>
How much weight is considered impressive by non-lifters when it comes to squat, bench, OHP and deadlift?
>>
I'm bulking while lifting
Not getting the recommended protein

What's going to happen to me?
>>
>>35948436
Idk, maybe anything above your bodyweight?
>>
What is the cutoff for fatceps?
>>
In the event that I don't have time to make a real meal before going to the gym, is it fine to just drink a lot of milk or something that's nutrient dense? Will that give me enough energy to work out without solid foods?
>>
I need to do push-ups /fit/

I've already burnt out my muscles for today and I've been working on my pushups but i'll give some background info. (Also, general questions that don't deserve their own thread)

So i'm looking to join the military, i've lost around 50 lbs so far following scooby's advice and READING THE FUCKING STICKY here on /fit/ and it's all helped me make it to my goal that i've finally reached.

However, I can't do a single fucking pushup. I'm doing a lot of exercises to build up the muscles required, but I would like to know about how much time i'm looking at before I can actually crank out 3 proper form pushups. I don't want to be the loser who doesn't make it past basic because of the pushups and miss out on the graduation ceremony I promised my mother I would attend.

I need to get an idea of about what time I should schedule to head into basic training with my recruiter, i'm still overweight so it will play a part in addition to gaining muscle. Basically I need to know how long it will take me to be able to push an additional 50lbs with my pushups. I can barely push 100lbs at the tiny ass gym that is in our apartment complex, and I have almost no money. So far I've been doing girly man knee pushups and using the chest machine down at the gym. They don't have any free weights before someone shitposts about it.

Stats:
6'4"
218 lbs

Seeing as i'm still a fatass I can't put on any weight, otherwise I wouldn't bother posting here. I wanted to get some second opinions from /fit/ since I have no friends, co-workers, or family aside from my mom and dad.

My meals consist of 3 Nature valley granola bars a day, 2-3 16 oz purified waters, and 2 scoops of muscle milk protein shake (I know, shitty brand but it's all I could afford and I was retarded when I bought it).

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to maximize my muscle gain specifically for pushup performance?
>>
File: pushups.png (763 KB, 502x3025) Image search: [Google]
pushups.png
763 KB, 502x3025
>>35948548
Each progression step takes about 1-2 weeks in my experience.

(You do the next harder step when you can do 3 sets of 8 of the last one).
>>
/fatass/ here
What would burn more calories:
20 mins of cardio or 20 mins of strength training?
>>
I can not stop having dreams about this marble statue that I saw a picture of on the internet somewhere. Its like a nun or some religious woman and her clothes are wet and you can hella see her nipples bleeding through it. Does anyone know what it is called or if I can buy a small replica of it somewhere?

Also I have gotten into the habit of drinking an entire can of NOS before the gym. Is this a bad source of caffeine and detrimental to my workout? Should I stop?
>>
>>35948526
Eat/drink some oats with milk. It doesn't take longer to prepare and eat than just milk, and it's a proper meal that'll last you a few hours.
>>
>>35948593
Thanks planet bromulus, you're the only one who's even bothered responding.

Maybe fit is dying down or something, last time I was here that would have had like 7 replies by now
>>
>>35948478
Depends on whose recommendation you mean.
If you eat at a caloric surplus and don't avoid protein on purpose, you'll get enough to grow stronger, just maybe not as fast as you could.
>>
Is it possible to injure disks (between vertebrae) "a little" ?

I sometimes get a funny feeling after i did squats or diddies.
When im stiff after workout i might get twitches and little aches but nor serious pain. It goes away after a while and the doc said if i had an injured disk i wouldnt be able to move the way i do.
>>
How do you deal with having your dick sticking straight out of your shorts while you lift?
>>
>>35948267
Get a form check. Make sure you squeeze those pecs together. If your form is spot on, deload and try again. Or alternate bench with weighted dips, dumbbell, decline or incline bench. Basically switch things up a bit.
>>
>>35948256
Apply cream to reduce friction.
Or wear skin-tight long underpants.
>>
File: bodyweight.jpg (2 MB, 2481x6600) Image search: [Google]
bodyweight.jpg
2 MB, 2481x6600
>>35948593
I want to finish pic related, is it fine doing it regularly on off days while doing SS or will it fuck up my gains sooner or later?

Also, if I am already doing the standard excercises (eg standard pushup, standard dip etc) I don't miss out by not starting with the easier ones, or?
>>
File: 1405785667778.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1405785667778.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
if a man and a women have the same weight, do they also have the same TDEE? Does height matter for this?
>>
>>35948645
Bodyweight stuff is at /asp/ now.
Almost no one left on /fit/ knows even basic stuff about bodyweight fitness anymore.
And "how long will it take me to achieve X" is a question that no one can answer for you.

Just keep cutting that weight, and since pushups are very low intensity, do them as often as you can (like right now). Aim for at least 10 sets to failure per day, and keep trying the harder variations until you can do a proper one.
>>
>>35948718
It's a strength routine with progressive overload built in, just like SS. You're supposed to do it at 100% effort. It isn't cardio. Do one or the other properly.
>>
>>35948760
Height matters a lot. A 6'2' person that weighs 135 lbs vs a 5'2" person at 135 lbs have massively different metabolic rates.
>>
>>35948760
Women have more fat and less muscle.
Having less muscle means your TDEE is lower.
>>
>>35948797
A woman can have muscle, but their bodies metabolise differently so their TDEEs are always lower than mens, even if the man has less muscle.
>>
/fit/, I fucked up. I didnt go to the gym for like 2 weeks.

Today im gonna try to go back and do a squat/deadlift day from SS.

any tips on making my first time back not be a living hell?

Thanks
>>
>>35948867
Pick up some weight and put it down again.
Don't forget the second part, otherwise the receptionist won't let you leave.
>>
File: q2UMA.jpg (161 KB, 918x839) Image search: [Google]
q2UMA.jpg
161 KB, 918x839
Are there any bad side effects if I just start off doing regular dosage instead of the starters?
>>
>>35948967
Part 2 question

Is it best to take a dose right before a workout or ~30mins before
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 518x538) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 518x538
>>35944151
Jesus Christ leave
>>
Does using steroid cream for a skin condition invalidate my natty card?
>>
Hey guys, I am skelly trying to gain weight, but I am on a mountain biking team. We have one and a half to two hour practices twice a week and sometimes do races which is about eighteen miles as fast as you can. I am doing starting strength, but I'm still in high school, a senior though, and although I eat a lot, I don't eat enough due to only being able to eat anything significant during lunch, which is typically pretty low calorie anyways because school food is shit. I eat a lot at breakfast and dinner though. I'm doing starting strength and I am wondering two things. First, what should I do on my off days? Am I supposed to not workout at all? I mean I have to go to mountain bike practice, but the other days? Also, how much cardio should I do? Is the biking too much(if it is I cant do anything about it until the season ends), if it is, what is the ideal amount of cardio in terms of running? Also, because of this biking, I know I need to eat more, but how can I eat more in high school, when lunch is either some sandwich from the school with a shit ton of lettuce, two pieces of meat and one slice of cheese on a hot dog buns, or pizza or enchiladas, all shit? How much should I be eating a day if I am 511 and 150 lbs?
>>
How do I know what accessories exist out there to add to SS?
>>
>>35945102
Yea oats are fine to eat raw
>>
>>35949543
Befriend a fatasfatass and eat whatever they eat.
>>
>>35949574
pullups, chinups. curls, dips are the main ones.
>>
how do i find a good work out body at the gym i go to that doesnt want to turn it into social hour?
>>
>>35949699
I dont fucking know. I wasnt aware men were so awefully keen on socialising in the gym until i witnessed it. The older they get the worse it is.
>>
Is cellulite the same thing as fat?
>>
>Meaning to give blood
>It interferers with a gym day

What's the best choice of action here? I lift on a M/W/F routine and for some reason these blood donation sessions are really hard to come by.

I'm 0- so I'm leaning towards donating, potentially saving a life, and having a day off from the gym.
>>
Is there really a difference between whole grain bread and whole wheat bread for nutritional benefits?
>>
File: mamabear.jpg (50 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
mamabear.jpg
50 KB, 540x720
>>35950032
u tell me
>>
>>35950062
Just don't lift with that arm. Two months later get them to stick it in the other arm and don't lift with that one that day.
>>
>>35943497
I pay 8.88 a week at this place in Perth called Revo, I dont know if they have em in other states
>>
>>35950108
If it was your only source of nutrition, maybe. In the scope of a balanced diet, no.

>>35950062
Just take a day off and eat heartily. One missed gym day with a donation won't interfere with growth.

>>35950032
It's fat pushing against the connective tissue matrix, giving it that dimpled look. The disposition to have it pattern that way is different from person to person.

Losing fat may not get rid of cellulite completely, but it'll definitely help reduce its appearance.

>>35949377
Keep in mind anabolic steroids and corticosteroids are two completely different substances.

>>35948967
Depends. If you've taken it before or have a decent tolerance of caffeine, you may be able to jump to the working dosage.

The effect lasts long enough that you don't have to take it immediately before a workout. I usually time my doses so that I take my first one around when I get up, the last one around 3 PM or so, and the second one evenly spaced between the two. Taking any doses later in the day keeps me awake at night.

>>35948678
That doesn't sound like a disk injury.

>>35948610
Don't bother trying to track calories burned, stuck to tracking intake.

>>35948436
1 plate for everything. For some reason that big single plate is really impressive to people (look at crossfitters).
>>
I did some deadlifts yesterday with pretty poor form (cat back) and now my upper back hurts a bit. It doesn't hurt a lot, i can still do heaps of shit like lift heavy stuff, run, etc, but its just a mild ache when i bend over in a certain way. Should I be worried or will it just pass eventually?
>>
>>35950461
And just for clarification i didnt feel any 'snap' or anything like that, it just started hurting after id finished working out
>>
>>35950461
I posted a simialr question:
>>35948678

In my experience it passes after a while but it took longer than i expected (several weeks).
>>
>>35950513
Okay, cool. Is there anything i should do to help it pass, like avoiding deadlifts or specific stretches?
>>
>>35950523
Well i feel like mobilising helps.
If i had to guess i say that the tightness after the "heavy" lifts restricts the propper movement of nerves and vertebrae.

By mobilising i mean: Yoga movements and stretches executed gently, like the cobra.
Or the one where you are on all four and alternate between rounding your back upwards(like in a hyperextension) and downwards(like in a curl).
Apparently that one helps getting fluid and nutrients back in the compressed disks between vertebrae.
>>
>>35946847
Not a huge runner but its your form pretty sure, like the position your foot is when it hits the floor and where it strikes your foot, but i cant remember the specifics juat google running form
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.