[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
abstract feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: d.png (596 KB, 560x589) Image search: [Google]
d.png
596 KB, 560x589
>ywn be a fur trapper in the 1700s watching out for injuns and french
>ywn kill a bear and garner the respect of your fellow trappers
>ywn get a large payout and finally move back east to your faithful wife and never before seen child
>ywn be respected by your community for being an effective hunter/tracker
>ywn grow old and tell stories of your hunts and escapades by the fire to your grandchildren
>>
File: 1449700087601.png (91 KB, 288x292) Image search: [Google]
1449700087601.png
91 KB, 288x292
Ok how about another one senpai....

>ywn be a loyal member of your lords court
>ywn be given your own plot of land and serfs
>ywn come to accept your wifes barrenness and request moving back into your lords castle
>ywn be the tutor and mentor of your lord's heir
>ywn watch him grow up to be a great man
>ywn finally fall in battle on the orders of the young new lord
>ywn share your final words with a man you raised to be a great lord.
>>
>You will never be a God

Why can't I hold all this disappointment
>>
>ywn conquer the sea of stars

JUST
>>
>>25233977
>ywn you will never have slaves build massive monuments to you filled with your treasures so you can travel the afterlife in style
>>
>You will never get to be alive in one of the thousands of years of human civilization up to 1920 or so where a vague but very real idea of "West" existed for the young, daring, or foolish to travel into to seek their fortune
>you will never have that reassurance at the back of your mind that even if all your hopes and dreams fail, even if you lose your job, family, and woman, you can always head West to start anew as a miner, trapper, trader, farmer, railroad man, outlaw, etc.
Feels bad man.
>>
>>25233705
Just watched the Revenant, eh
>>
File: 1359797676045[1].png (21 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1359797676045[1].png
21 KB, 640x400
>ywn have an apartment in 1990s Osaka, Japan
>ywn play eroge late at night on your NEC PC-98 in said sweaty apartment
>ywn blow your load then lay in the dark with a fan blowing across your nearly naked body with burning eyes from staring at the CRT too long before drifting off into fitful sleep
>>
>tfw reality doesn't bend to my will

Everyone desires this to some extent or another
>>
>>25233705
>ywn be raised as a proud spartan youth
>ywn feel the comradery and competitiveness of spartan training camps
>ywn fund your own war equipment
>ywn have a strong and proud spartan wife that is not afraid to speak in front of men
>ywn be part of a spartan men's club
>ywn be carried back to your wife and child on your shield after dying valiantly in battle.
>>
>ywn be a 20-25 year old in 60s San Francisco, 70s NYC, 80s London, or 90s Seattle

I live in the bay area now and some of my older coworkers share stories about their hippie days

Where will the center of music and culture be in the 2020s?
if 'culture' still exists after 4 more years of intensive globalization
>>
>>25235580
>implying even if you were born they wouldn't have just thrown your faggot ass off of a cliff
>>
>ywn live in medieval times where they fight with shields and swords
>ywn save a woman from being raped by 3 people and defeat them in an unfair fight against you with only your sword and skills
>ywn never fall in love and Mary the woman you saved
>ywn work your way up the ranks and become friends with powerful people and one day become a lord
>ywn one day bravely die fighting for your home sacrificing your life so your son may live and continue the family legacy
>>
File: Serge_Victor_24_max.jpg (53 KB, 700x421) Image search: [Google]
Serge_Victor_24_max.jpg
53 KB, 700x421
>ywn live through and participate in a period of world-historic change

The '90s were such a shitty time to be born in. I mean, I'd prefer it to the Middle Ages but I feel like there's no hope right now. Our most optimistic future is keeping the mindless consumerism we have now. I feel like everybody has pretty much resigned themselves to the fact that the 21st century will probably be some Elysium-type dystopia, when it could have been post-scarcity Star Trek world.

>>25235657
my nigga
>>
So what's the next big crisis coming up? So far things have been pretty chill, will it happen in our lifetimes? What should I do to prep
>>
>>25235822
Buy a gun and make a bug out bag and prepare did the shit storm of WW3
>>
>>25235774
>ywn live through and participate in a period of world-historic change
Nigger, we are living through a period of historic world change. Every time a KFC or H&M pops up in South Africa or China or another boy gets put on adderall, every time another species is driven to extinction or the sea level rises another centimeter, every time Kraft buys another food producing company or Apple comes out with a new iPhone; that's historic world change.

Globalization and climate change to the 2000s are what imperialism and capitalism were to the 1800s.
>>
>>25235959
OK, positive world-historic change. World-historic change that doesn't lead to mass starvation or wars or refugee crises.
>>
>>25235858
>implying anything would help you survive WWIII besides a ton of food and water and a deep, deep hole
watch Threads, educate yourself
>>
>>25236003
You can't really label huge world-changing forces as "positive" or "negative". As always some win, some lose. For example the Mongol invasions benefitted many by opening a lot of Eurasian cities up to profitable long-distance trade; but they also massacred cities who resisted. Imperialism brought medicine and infrastructure to a lot of Africans and Asians, but many people got fucked over by economic exploitation.

I don't see how the banality of modern life is any better or worse than the banality of medieval life. Remember that back then you pretty much had to follow in your father's line of work, and the majority of the population was peasant farmers. What exactly are you hoping for for the future?
>>
>>25235353
But we still have that anon it's just called Mexico now. Baja peninsula will always be there, when all else fails you pack up your savings and turn that shit into pesos. Fuck young senoritas and drink tequila and work selling timeshares or whatever you need to do to pay the small rent and simple food
>>
>>25235657
rust belt. I shit you not
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.