[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
List the Most Autistic Things You Do 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: autism area.jpg (20 KB, 235x242) Image search: [Google]
autism area.jpg
20 KB, 235x242
Last thread died while I was writing my reply because I took too long so I'll start a new thread.
>I fidget/stim a lot, especially when I am stressed
>I play/fidget/stim with string
>I wring my hands a lot
>I flap my hands when I am stressed
>I squeeze my head when stressed
>I am easily startled especially by loud noises
>I will often forget if I said hi to someone yet, for instance at work, and say "hi how are you" each time I see them. people often make comments about that.
>I have difficulty with eye contact (especially when stressed)
>I can become nonverbal when I'm really stressed
>I rock back and forth sometimes when sitting (especially when stressed)
>I chew on things (especially when stressed)
>I like having weight on top of me, for instance I have a weighted blanket on top of me right now
>I'm still really picky with food
>driving scares me (24yo don't even have a learner's permit)
>I can't stand loud noises and certain sounds or textures.
>My arms don't automatically move when I walk I have to activley think about moving them
> I always run up and down stairs and jump for the last few steps down
>>25214090
>I hit myself in the head sometimes
>>25214641
>I talk to myself in the second person sometimes.
>I pace back and forth when I'm excited or hyped up about something
>make weird, lolsoquirky-type faces in front of mirror for absolutely no reason
>>25214948
>imagine beating up school bullies from 10 years ago and saving girls from muggers and stuff
>sometimes do the fighting moves in my room
>try to block out bad thoughts by repeating stuff in my head
>>25215183
>have conversations with people in my head
>If I'm listening to music on the bus, I imagine the other passengers can hear my music and are judging my taste
>I sometimes feel like people can tell what I'm thinking
>>
>>25220784
are you autistic ,senpai?
>>
>>25220784
I'm very delicate with grammar and syntax. When reading university curriculum, I mark mistakes in the text with a pencil. It often takes considerably more time to read curriculum because of this habit. Don't get me started on newspapers and internet articles.
>>
>>25220841
I was told by my psychiatrist in HS that I most likely have Asperger's and that I should get tested, but I vehemently refused to be tested. Now I kind of regret not getting diagnosed, especially since now the diagnosis would be ASD, not AS.
>>
File: 20151224_130557.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20151224_130557.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>mostly nonverbal
>eye contact causes me physical pain and i get itchy
>same with being touched, it's like being poked with a cold knife and people get offended when i jump
>always spinning around and making slurp noises
>plan out responses months ahead of time if i know i absolutely am going to have to talk to someone
>always have to be under a blanket when i'm home
>think of everything in life as if then statements
>assign human characteristics to numbers
>assign colors to numbers if i'm doing sudoku or something

i don't know
>>
File: rsz_weighted_blanket.jpg (1 MB, 3456x2592) Image search: [Google]
rsz_weighted_blanket.jpg
1 MB, 3456x2592
>>25221143
Op here, I also can't stand being touched.
do you have a weighted blanket? if not, I highly recommend trying one,
>>
>>25221245
i've heard of them but i have no idea what they are

are they just heavier?
>>
>>25221293
they some type of filling to add wight to them. the filling is usually polly pellets (polyethylene beeds) like what is used to fill beanie babies. Mine has glass beads that are about the size of grains of sand.

The weight is different based on the individual. The standard formula is 10% of body weight (or ideal body weight if the person is overweight) plus 1 pound. I got one that was a few pounds heavier then the formula. Mine is 17 lbs and I also got a 7lbs "lap pad" that I often put on my chest in addition to the blanket to help me relax even more. But I try not to sleep with the lap pad on my chest for safety reasons.
>>
>>25221490
i will look into this
>>
I'll listen to action video game osts and imagine myself as the protagonist in my own adventure, with myself saving my onitus in the end.
>>
I find that people who actively think about moving their hands often also keep their hands level while walking. This is actually extremely noticeable and something you NEED to prioritize changing.
>>
>>25220784
>talk/whisper to myself, usually without even realizing it
>really like being squeezed or squeezing myself into tight spaces like between couch cushions
>repetitive noises are rage inducing, can't stand being around kids or retards because they always make repetitive noises when playing
>>
>>25222906
What do you mean? If I don't actively think about moving my arms while walking they don't automatically swing. Well, my left arm usually swings, but my right are remains completely still at my side unless I make it move (which I do sometimes to appear normal. Although sometimes I mess it up ans swing both arms together as opposed to swinging in opposite directions.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.