[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be force sensitive >be trained from childhood by last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 28
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 640x379
>be force sensitive
>be trained from childhood by last remaining Jedi in the galaxy
>lose a duel to a woman who has no previous training in the force

Literally what? Worst villian ever?
>>
>>25159244
He lost after being shot by Chewie and fucked up a bit by Finn.
>>
YES! Dude's a serious underachiever.
>>
>>25159317
dude's midichlorians were on vacation or something

>force push her into a tree
>it's super effective
>never do it again
>>
>>25159293
Non-fatal wounds would only strength a dark-side user. They harness their pain and anger as a resource.
>>
>>25159293
this. it's a crucial point, and one that everyone seems to want to ignore for some reason.
>>
You forget he was shot in the gut by a gun that was time and time again shown to be fucking devastating when it blew everyone it hit away
>>
>janitor somehow knows the exact layout of the NOTDEATHSTAR
>janitor somehow has in his possession the schematics for the NOTDEATHSTAR
>janitor can somehow overpower and convince a heavily indoctrinated member of The First Order upper command to turn off the shields to the NOTDEATHSTAR
>the NOTDEATHSTAR has only one method of turning off the shields and no one else notices the huge vulnerability
>a handful of grenades is enough to take out an entire section of the NOTDEATHSTAR

>after knowing him for ~20 minutes, the janitor and a resistance pilot are best buds and trade clothes with each other
>after knowing each other for ~1 day, Rey considers Han Solo like a father figure
>after ~1 day, Rey and Finn act like they are in love

There's a ton of shit wrong with this movie, OP.
>>
He didn't want to kill her. Sidius told Vader to try and bring Luke to the dark side rather than outright kill him. Then she went back to Jakku
>>
>>25159244
The whole Star Wars trilogy is filled with gaping plotholes that normies are too stupid to see.

Sometimes they try to explain it away with fan theories like George Lucas was some genius all along and not some brain dead autist.
>>
>>25159244
to be fair, luke had the worst teachers and is shown to consistently do really dumb shit all through the original trilogy

very likely he fucked the kid up
>>
File: adam-driver-kylo-ren.jpg (76 KB, 759x500) Image search: [Google]
adam-driver-kylo-ren.jpg
76 KB, 759x500
>>25159244

>wounded
>still a student
>didn't want to kill her because he wanted to make her his student
>she goes berserker on him

I'm sorry you don't like villains who have actual room for growth :(
>>
>>25159244
Who cares, the whole movie was SJW nonsense.
>>
>lose a duel to a woman who has no previous training in the force

You don't know that, they could be basing her off of Revan.
>>
>>25159244
You're forgetting

>random dindu stormtroooper holds his own in a lightsaber duel with him for at least a minute
>>
>>25159772
I expect stormtroopers to have some anti-Jedi training.
>>
>>25159244
... I kinda think that's the whole point of his character. He's all show.
>>
>>25159372
he wasn't truly committed to the dark side though
>>
>>25159752
Yeah the new movie having a black guy and a woman sure is crazy right? None of that in the OT
>>
>>25159885
The film was literally intended to emasculate white men according to J.J. Abrams.
>>
>>25159244
> wounded by chewie
>has her nexy to a cliff and ask her to become his as apprentice
> she uses this opportunity to attack a heavily wounded guy
> he survives all this
What are you smoking op.
>>
>>25159409
Finn may love Rey, but the feeling isn't mutual.
>>
File: 1409334714940.jpg (152 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1409334714940.jpg
152 KB, 640x480
tfw han ;_;
>>
>>25159977
and Christianity as well (see "evil" cross lightsaber)
>>
Capt Phasma was a total pussy. Literally and figuratively.
>>
>>25159244
was he thinking about fucking her instead of killing her?
>>
>>25160264
Finn way too beta 4 love. Setting up triangle between Finn, Rey, and Poe. Betcha he flips dark side
>>
>>25159772

There was that bit where the other Stormtrooper saw Finn and yelled "traitor!" and proceeded to go at him with that energy chainsaw thing. It established why Finn knows how to fight -- because all the Stormtroopers must do a bunch of that training (for ??? crowd control ??)
>>
>>25160300
There's a reason why /pol/ calls him Jew Jew Abrams.
>>
>>25160302
This! Did she even fire her weapon once?

>no battles
>gets kidnapped by a black
>never fire blaster once

Jesus
>>
>>25160302

>talking shit about space Brienne

she'll do shit in 8 and 9, no doubt.
>>
File: image.png (547 KB, 500x684) Image search: [Google]
image.png
547 KB, 500x684
Did Maz have sex with Chewie? She called him her BF?
>>
>>25159293
>shot by Chewie

Which for some reason he wasn't able to detect and force stop like he did with Poe back on Jakku.

>fucked up a bit by Finn.

Someone who isn't even force sensitive.

Kylo Ren is weak shit.
>>
Spoiler, the thread
>>
>>25160667
>movie has been out almost a week
>bitching about spoilers

If you have time to shitpost on 4chan you have time to get your ass to the movie theater or pirate it and watch the damn thing.
>>
I guess you have to realize Kylo Ren is not a Sith, just a dark side force user. So if you think about it, he is not all that strong, so I can see how Finn was able to hold his own for a minute and get a hit in (thanks to Chewie's shot apparently). If Kylo was a properly trained Sith or the title of Darth, however, he would have destroyed both of them and not have gotten injured in the first place. But yeah the whole scene was stupid. Fuck Finn
>>
>>25160874

Is Snoke Sith? Did Hux and Ren get off the base in time?
>>
Obviously a victim of grrl power feminism and that's also why Luke isn't the chosen one and failed to reestablish the Jedi, it's all so Rey can do it
>>
File: 20117.jpg (355 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
20117.jpg
355 KB, 2000x2000
Just remember that Luke's lightsaber

>was used to kill Count Dooku
>was used to cut Samuel L Jackson's hand
>was used to kill the ayy lmaos on the Lava planet
>was used during the Lava fight with Obi Wan
>was used in the Battle of Hoth
>was used during Luke's training
>was used to fight Darth Vader
>was used by a Storm Trooper
>and was used to fight off Hans Solo's son

I hope they kept that lightsaber sanitized and shit
>>
>>25160999
>was put in a box at some restaurant for no established reason
>>
>>25160874

Nigger.

The Sith has been dead since The Republic turned into The Empire and finally The First Order.

Do you even know what the fuck you're talking about???
>>
It's such a shitty movie to be honest senpai. I found myself dozing off and falling asleep senpai
>>
What do you expect when you dont keep up on your training. The only other opposition for him was luke and he was gone wherever
>>
>>25161039

Felt recycled

I wish they made a different plot. Who gives a fuck about these nostalgic faggots complaining how the prequels didn't feel like Star Wars at all fuck them

It's like going to a different country and then complaiming how it's not like the US
>>
File: 1450629482809.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450629482809.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
>>25161141
>>25161039
i think i might watch it tomorrow but i dunno i heard its kinda shitty
>>
>>25160631
Let's not forget about his fits of autistic rage at getting bad news
>>
>>25161565
don't listen to the fucking contrarian niggers on this site. i'm not a jj defender or anything, i fucking hated the star trek movies, but TFA was easily the second best film out of the seven behind empire. go see it for yourself and form your own opinion instead of listening to the basement dweller retards who find the most inane shit to nitpick instead of enjoying the movie.
>>
>>25161565

The pic you posted is literally the plot for the movie
>>
>>25159409
>Finn was a janitor because he was training, when he got old enough he went on his first mission to Jaku
>he had none of those documents but he knew how to get to The Captain
>The Captain is Boba Fetts daughter, obvious not fully committed to The First Order and probably escaped as soon as the gang took her eyes off her
>>
File: image.png (198 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
image.png
198 KB, 550x535
TFW you wanted more scenes with Poe Dameron, who was probably the biggest badass in the movie.
>>
>>25159244
Lol, thats what happened in the original series dumb dumb.
>>
File: 1449656927469.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1449656927469.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>25161874
Literally Reddit: the Star Wars 7 critique
>>
>>25161874
I personally wanted more captain phasma. Maybe an epic showdown between Poe and phasma...?
>>
>>25159244
You missed the entire point of the villain.
>Cannot control his own emotions
>Is still internally struggling to stay in the dark side
>Deep down knows he will never be Darth Vader, which is what he wants
>Wears a mask solely for intimidation value and also probably to be more like Vader, he looks like a dork without it on
Kylo Ren is really just a rebellious kid, he isn't Sith. He defeated Rey, he just stopped and tried to convert her because he knew she was force sensitive.

I am assuming Rey is Luke's daughter, if that is the case that would make her strong with the force. Kylo Ren is Leia's son, so he is strong with the force as well, but since he is internally conflicted over which side he is really on and he is not in control he is naturally not as strong as Rey, a calm and internally leveled person. She is clearly on the light side because she did nothing but "good" things throughout the film and turned down Kylo Ren's proposition.

TL;DR: An emotionally stable and at peace force sensitive is a lot more powerful than an already wounded and internally conflicted "Sith" who can't really decide what he is doing.
>>
>>25159244
He's the robot dark jedi

>ugly
>autistic, punches himself and throws tantrums
>severe daddy issues
>sucks ass at everything
>>
>>25161764
>better than ANH and ROTJ

You see, this is why nobody takes TFA fanboys seriously.
>>
File: 1442692808262.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442692808262.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Worse than prequels.
3marvel5me
>>
>>25162119

This 2bh

At least the prequels had epic duels and epic battle scenes

Battle Scenes in this movie were bland and me just like the old ones
>>
File: 1349113517877.png (34 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1349113517877.png
34 KB, 200x200
>>25162003

>Dork Jedi
Literally the bitch niggers of all psychic space samurai

None of the emotional control or skill that can be achieved by a Jedi
None of the power or conviction that can be achieved by a Sith

Also he's such a autist, hardly the pseudo Darth Vader they intend him to be.
>Sir your fiendish dark plan has failed
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE *vroom* *vroom*
>>
>>25160606
That means she friendzoned him.
>>
>>25159377
This op
Comment not original
>>
>>25159244
Didn't really lose. Fight got broken up by the earthquake
>>
>>25160999
You're forgetting the younglings
>>
>>25160667
>Thread with the pic of a prominent character from a recently released movie
>Read all the posts
>"OMG. Spoilers!!!1!!1!1!2"
>>
File: 1331729024147.jpg (20 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
1331729024147.jpg
20 KB, 177x278
Is it possible that Rey has inherent shatterpoint ability?
>>
>>25162236
that's just how the character was supposed to be dude
>>
Rey = Radfem (as they see themselves)
Poe = Chad
Finn = Beta
Ren = Omega/robot

EPISODE 8:

Rey is gonna fall in hearts for Poe while Finn is in his beta cvckcoma. He'll come out of it, tip his fedora, then BLOO A BLOO BLOO when Rey doesn't want his microsaber. Ren tells Finn all about the power of the red pill and r9k, and turns him to dark side
>>
>>25160598
>"Do you have a trash compactor?"
I am not so sure about that mate
>>
>>25162576
Kek dood !
>>
>>25161874
Poe Dameron is gay, not even joking.
>>
>>25162662
Could be! Still an Alpha. He *gives Finn his name*, like he was naming a dog. He doesn't get much screen time, but there's way more bandwidth for him in ep. 8 now that Han and Finn are out of commish

When Finn is in his coma, Rey gives him a kiss -- on the forehead. That's where betas get kissed.
>>
>>25162576

Tippity Toppity Kek

Kek
>>
>>25162594
She's signed on for episode eight though.
>>
File: 1r5z3.jpg (58 KB, 388x286) Image search: [Google]
1r5z3.jpg
58 KB, 388x286
>>25161565
>tfw all the expanded universe shit I enjoyed is dead now
>The mouse had a chance to make some cool new history
>Instead just makes a fucking remake with minorities as leads and a smaller R2-D2
>All the fucking hype literally blinds the idiots from seeing these things and how everyone just threw money at a repackaged episode 4
>Ren/Snoke's eyes weren't even yellow
>tfw they are just going to make up some stupid garbage of "Hur dur, you can't go full dark side or else you lose control of things! You need to be in touch with the dark side but can't let it control you!"

And if they don't do that, then they literally raped the entire sith lore that I enjoyed and grew to love. I'm sure they are also going to rape the old reubplic lore where they had full on jedi/sith warfare and the really bad ass things they could do with the force in war.

Fucking disney, retconning everything because it was "too edgy",
>>
>>25162437
That's just why the movie was shit dude
Jew Jew Abrams
>>
>>25162778
Meh sounds like the nigger shit they would do
Jew Jew Abrams: "Put it in there all the first trilogy fucks will love it"
>>
>>25162788
REEEEEEEEEE *bangs lightsaber against wall*
>>
>>25162788
The expanded universe for any series or tv show is always faggot horseshit fanfiction so fuck off and cry somewhere else
>>
>>25162789
ehhh it was kind of nice/annoying to have the different take on a villain. it at least gave him some character. i never warmed to that woman though. the black guy felt a bit forced (pun intended) as well but i actually liked his character
>>
>>25162866
i liked battlefront 2 and republic commandos stories
>>
>>25162866
EU is what made starwars actually more fun and interesting.

Like oh boy, people using some zapping lightning, and throwing objects around via telekinesis and then some old asshole who could bring other people back to life because he was so powerful whom was already dead and palpatine could never do himself.

All the EU gives life to this garbage that was the 6 movies and actual depth to the characters. If you just watch the movies it's about some whiny pissbaby who was born of the force like a jesus, did some shenanigans as a jedi, became an asshole for a while, got wrecked for being an asshole, kept being an asshole and then his son and old master had to go and clean up his mess until he decided at the last minute that he isn't a dick, and threw an almighty sith lord down a shaft and destroying the long line of sith study, the knowledge of the dark side and everything else with them.

Then somehow magically this asshole snoke comes up after the fall of the empire when the rule of two existed, so how he can even be proficient or knowledgeable in the dark side is laughable. Because if any asshole can just become a savant in the dark side, I'm sure all around planets during the empire rule there would be a whole bunch of sith coming out of the woodwork to seek for power and to fuck shit up.

At least in the EU you could explain "Well palatine had another apprentice" since in the EU he broke this rule already with Maul. Now there is no explanation of snoke.
>>
>>25159293

That 90lb slut won the fight by beating a 6' tall trained killer in a literal arm wrestling match.

Her biceps are the diameter of Jew Jew Abraham's micropeen and she somehow mustered the strength to overpower a skilled and highly trained warrior.

SJW bullshit ree.
>>
>>25163154
I know, next she'll be lifting starships out of swamps
>>
>>25159409

To Finn's credit I worked with Housekeeping at a stadium and can tell you the exact lay out of every room in that place.

Janitors see everything.

But the movie still sucked though. That was one of the few parts I liked. And "THE FORCE DOESNT WORK THAT WAY!"
>>
>>25159772
I got the impression from the movie that Finn is force sensitive, just not as much so as Rey.

Kylo is also an insecure edgemaster tool, he isn't really shown as good at anything except mind-reading.

He's pretty much the king of /r9k/ now that I think about it.
>>
>>25160606
I interpreted her dialog as an attempt to purchase Chewie.
>>
>>25160606

Maz is the only good thing about this movie. She was affectionately referring to Chewie.

I had an old boss that was like her, older woman, used to be a hippy, all wise but still funny and down-to-earth and liked to party with the best of them.

"I'm not Jedi, but I know the ways of the Force"

I really dug that part, like they're referencing the older version of the force.
>>
>>25162210
prequels were an abomination, gtfo and go watch transformers.
>>
>>25161016

Well she did say it was a long, long story.

Maz seems to be have a bit of Yoda in her. She was probably involved with the Jedi before the Republic fell.
>>
>>25163370
I think so too. I think he's gonna rage flip to baddie once Rey falls for Poe
>>
>>25160606

I thought she said "I'm new jedi" because luke was training people again

lame
>>
>>25161141
>>25161141
>>25161565

I wouldn't mind a few homages and references here to line up with ANH. HOWEVER they went damn overboard and just did the whole thing.

I like how Luke is acting like Yoda. I like the "full circle" element here but they're botching it so hard. The Prequels did it better.
>>
>>25162576

I... I'd actually be okay with this.
>>
>>25162788
>>25163148

>EU is what made starwars actually more fun and interesting

This. I'm not HUGE into EU stuff but it kept Star Wars alive. I always thought a lot of the stuff in EU was dumb, but it kept people interested in Star Wars at least. And we got a lot of better media from it like the games and The Clone Wars.

I could understand why everything past Return of the Jedi they wanted to get rid of, so it won't conflict with the new movie. But throwing it all out was dumb.
>>
File: 1446973293530_r9k.jpg (104 KB, 1024x698) Image search: [Google]
1446973293530_r9k.jpg
104 KB, 1024x698
>>25160504
Jew Jew Abrams
>>
>>25163651
Don't forget the whole.
"What if the empire was like nazi germany and the new empire are the nazis that went into hiding and reformed their organization to attempt to rule the galaxy again."

Just a reminder that in jew jew abrams eyes, the empire are nazis.
>>
>>25163691
the empire was always nazis
>>
>>25163651
>>25160504

More like

Jar Jar Abrams.
>>
>>25163691
>>25163707

Actually the only thing Lucas got from the Nazi's was the word storm trooper. The entire plot of Star Wars was inspired, according to Lucas, by what Red China was doing in Tibet.

Jedi's look like monks for a reason.

If anything, The Empire is China.
>>
I expect Star Wars to tilt back and forth between Nazi vs. Hippies forever. The stronger one side gets, the more it begins to resemble the other, until it falls apart again.
>>
>>25163707
The empire wasn't nazis. The empire is literally just a tool for the sith to use to finally win their war against the jedi.

I wouldn't say the extermination of your ONLY foe that you have been warring for so many years with is a genocide.
>>
>>25163707
i always thought they were like roman republic->roman empire
>>
>>25163651
Jew Jew shecklebrams
>>
>>25160631

Force sensitive doesn't mean that much. Anybody can use the force, its simply that sensitives have an easier time of it.
>>
>>25163148
Speaking of EU, Ren is literally an autistic Jacen, which pisses me off to no end because Jacen was a great character
>>
>>25159244

the costume is good but the actor is too beta. i keep imaging JT from grandma's boy.
>>
>>25163754
In the EU basically starwars is just like warhammer 40k.

Sith = Chaos
Jedi = Humanity

Every time chaos is about to win, they implode on themselves, and start making civil wars among each other to see whose the best and who really did all the work. Then they lose because they lost too many forces during the infighting and then humanity pushed them back from the brink of defeat and regain their foothold so they can do it again.

Then basically to stop this shit going on in a everlasting cycle, the rule of two was made so it they ever do infighting, it's pretty much implied now that the apprentice will usurp the master and then keep the legacy going. So instead of the sith fighting a war with an army of sith, they use political plans and armies of peasants to do their bidding.
>>
File: 1368850743849.jpg (43 KB, 379x480) Image search: [Google]
1368850743849.jpg
43 KB, 379x480
>>25163931
This
Where does Jacen even fall into the story not to mention Anakin Solo and Ben Skywalker. Why did they go out of there way to make half assed and shallow characters when they could have easily adapted the already established characters on the big screen.
If not they could have just created new characters not necessarily related to the older ones to add some originality instead of the recycled garbage.

All the films had their flaws, the franchise grew with the interest in the EU. Normies revisit the original trilogy
>OMG what a well written classic xD 9.7/10
>Lucas is a cinematic genius
I hate what SW has become
>>
>>25164217
You realize Jacen is considered EU and thus rectonned. Nothing past the 6th movie is considered fact so that means all those stories and everything else that isn't a few books that came out in 2014, TCW 3d animated show, and starwars rebels along with the 6 movies are considered to be fact now.

If anything jacen IS ren. Except there is no alien BBG who wants to kill everything, and no reason ren became a villain outside of "hur dur someone spoke to me and suggested I become evil! xD"

You can blame disney for all of this. Disney just wanted more shekels and another theme park because pixar wasn't going to generate anything more than just a few new rides.
>>
>>25164217
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE *clangs lightsaber against wall*
>>
>>25159377
>>25163154
You also forget, he catches up to them way to fast for him to be in any kind of pain or discomfort from Chewies blast.
>>
>>25163154
Actually, Daisy Ridley is like 120 lbs. She is fit as fuck, her thighs are god tier.
>>
>>25164352
I didn't realize this, I zoned out of the star wars universe ever since I saw Disney's filthy jew hands about to clutch the ripe SW. I'm also out of touch in terms of corporate decisions so I didn't know, it was expected though. Disney take control of a franchise and just cut and paste however they want and normies get on board because of
>muh nerdynesss
>>25164377
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, indeed.
>>
File: tenpenny.jpg (239 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
tenpenny.jpg
239 KB, 800x572
is Star Wars even good or are they just meme movies?

considering watching them, they would provide a lot of time to waste
>>
>>25160316
>Finn way too nigger 4 love.

FTFY
>>
>>25164468
>Daisy Ridley
Stfu you nigger, nobody knew her before TFA and now people praise her like a Hollywood star. You do realize that Jar Jar chose her and Finnigger because they were relatively not famous.
Her grin is ugly as fuck and often times bugged me in the film
>>
>>25164486
If you haven't watched the original trilogy by now you should really just kill yourself - get the fuck off my planet, nigger.
>>
>>25164565
Your opinions are awfully specific

I'd love to see your version of the film where you get blown for two hours while wearing your ewok onesie
>>
>>25164547
I didn't praise her, I don't give a shit about celebrity shit. I was just referring to her by her real name because I am not gonna be an autistic faggot and call her by her characters name. My point still stands, she isn't a waif by an means.
>>
>>25164486
It's honestly a meme at this point, read the plot off somewhere and play some of the old games if you want to experience the less bs side
>Battlefront 2
>KOTOR
>Force Unleashed
>Rogue Squadron
>>
>>25159244
>Worst villian ever?
No, Rey is just an awful Mary Sue
>>
>>25164601
Those thighs are nothing to ride home about anon
>>
>>25159244
What's the point of the three pronged saber? It looks dangerous to hold.

haven't seen the movie yet btw
>>
>>25164679
It's a bad homage to medieval swords

Looks stupid and the explanation was developed after they forced it into the film
>>
>>25164468

>that
>fit as fuck

jesus christ, you're delusional. Go educate yourself >>>/fit/
>>
>>25164486

worth it. torrent the 1080p "despecialized" editions.
>>
>>25164486
Well it depends on your own taste of things you enjoy and find fun.

Starwars is incredibly meme now. Nerd culture became a huge thing, so starwars became a meme followed with everyone who wanted to be a le nurd.

Let alone those people who complain "OH MY GOD WE GET A SEQUEL AFTER 3X YEARS! WAITING WAS SO HARD!" When there was no open ended questions or loose threads at the end of the movie series. This is literally just a new story that they just tacked on and called it a "sequel" when there was absolutely no relevance between 6 and 7 aside from the occurring characters.

They could have just named it Star wars "A new struggle" or some other shit and made an entire new series. But that would kill some of the baby boomer hype due to baby boomers liking anything new.

So I mean if you like space samurais with telekentic powers and some limited magic ability fighting in a gigantic war for control of the galaxy. Go ahead and watch it. And honnestly just go ahead and delve into the expanded universe shit because that is what makes the movies more interesting and gives backstory to everything that happens in the movies and fleshes out the characters more so they aren't as two dimensional.
>>
>>25164679
Well, on a deeper level, it represents the raw power and disregard for safety of the dark side. Same concept behind Maul's double saber and Grievous's four sabers, plus the myriad of sith with duel sabers.
>>
File: 1431665047041.jpg (65 KB, 724x1103) Image search: [Google]
1431665047041.jpg
65 KB, 724x1103
>>25159409
They mention a recon party before the battle.
>>
>>25164486
IV and V are good
VI is ruined by Ewoks, I is ruined by neo-Ewoks, and the last two are ruined by Anakin
I haven't seen VII yet, so I can't comment on that.
>>
I really couldn't get into the movie. There were parts where I was legitimately interested in seeing where they take the plot. Phasma got like 8 minutes of screen time and was a captive for most of that. Ren did a terrible job conveying the confliction of tilting between the dark and light side of the force, like an extremely shitty version of prequel Anakin. Then the absolutely cringy 10 minutes of Rey standing there and holding out the light saber to Luke.
>>25164679
its designed after old swords where the side pieces act as protection against attacks to their wrist
>>
File: 1450655025212.jpg (28 KB, 448x468) Image search: [Google]
1450655025212.jpg
28 KB, 448x468
>>25164486
>I haven't seen Star Wars
Even people who hate Star Wars have seen it multiple times. I forget everyone here was born after the year 1995.
>>
>>25165077
why use 1995?

18 is the legal age to post here, and that would be 1997. i was born in 1997.
>>
>>25165032
>IV/V
>good
All the films are overrated and boring, watch them sure but in no way are they good. They're not blatantly stupid but they have their obvious faults
You might think they're good but I think they get too much praise for what they're worth
>>
File: kylo_ren_star_wars-wide.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
kylo_ren_star_wars-wide.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1800
Seems like nobody understood Kylo Ren's character. Everyone is just eager and willing to talk shit on him.

In the last fight he's hurt and was unable to block Chewbacca's show because he was still mentally reeling from KILLING HIS FATHER. His concentration was not in the moment, but was internal. After being shot he cut off Finn and Rey to beat them, knowing who they were and angry at the fact that they could defy him and the First Order.

During the fight he was a wounded animal, which is the most dangerous. He was attempting and clearly failing to be as powerful and capable as his grandfather, Vader. He wants to stand with the giants of the past but is unable to do so, and that makes him angry and makes him more unpredictable and vicious.

Rey won because of some "awakening" bullshit, but it shows that she is what Kylo could never be. In the next movie he'll come back with a big chip on his shoulder and a lot of new power I bet.

He's not the calm, cool, collected British-accented James Bond villain we see 90% of the time yeah. That's what made him more interesting. He was an angry, fearful kid with incomplete training trying to prove himself, both to others and himself.
>>
File: adam driver.jpg (44 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
adam driver.jpg
44 KB, 650x400
Look at his fucking unmasked face and the way he talks, he is literally a robot
>>
File: 1448311944263.jpg (20 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
1448311944263.jpg
20 KB, 460x259
>>25165113
I'm literally a decade older than you, there's some sort of internet holding pen they should put you all in till you're tolerable.
>>
>>25161840
Is that who she was? I must have missed it when it was mentioned.
>>
>>25165116
>overrated
Definitely.
>You might think they're good but I think they get too much praise for what they're worth
Yes. They're not world changing, but I still think IV and V are good.
>>
>>25165145
Exactly. This is Eliot Roger in a mask. Domineering mother (Leia), absent alpha father (Han). Guy stank of tendies
>>
>>25165071
It is a crossguard or quillon, you ass.
>>
File: 1444061770876.png (173 KB, 396x382) Image search: [Google]
1444061770876.png
173 KB, 396x382
>>25160667
only a redditfag would post that.
>>
>>25165377
Make up your mind noob
>>
>>25160631
The character is all about internal and emotional conflicts.He was struggling with killing his father and obviously he was feeling a lot of things so he wasn't concentrated or in line with the force to sense something
>>
>>25161956
I agree, moar Phasma please
>>
>>25164980
Y...You realize the bo-staff is literally safer than just a single katana correct?

The bo-staff can be used in incredible defensive manners having the ability to block things on both ends, but also allow you to attack after deflecting a blow from the other side. Let alone from that, provides a great ability to keep enemies out of your zone by spinning the staff at great speeds while you regain your footing and enter your own zone again.

Also you realize that Jar'kai was practiced by BOTH the jedi and the sith. Let alone jar'kai had two forms, an aggressive assault stance or could be used defensibly.

Grevious was literally an undisciplined savage that had 4 lightsabers to make up for the fact he was a piece of shit of a combatant since he was like 95% droid at that point anyways.

Do yourself a favor and just google lightsaber combat. The styles of the weapons outside of the bo-staff doesn't mean anything but an attempt to turn heads to be unconventional for no reason.
>>
>>25165505
>tfw the next movie is all about Rey and Ren training with their respective masters
Time for Poe v Phasma showdown
>>25165377
Yeah thats the thing, I didn't care enough to google it, but thanks anon.
>>
>>25165507
Damn right, anon. I'm a massive EU fan, especially the Sith Lords and lightsaber combat. I hate it when people act like lightsaber combat is only a Sith thing.
>>
>>25165707
What can you expect? It is such a minuscule aspect in the movies that casuals who only watch the movies think that there are only three forms of combat. Le darth maul stance, dual swords so you can only attack for some reason because two swords means you are only offensive, and single lightsaber.

I wish they would take the time in some kind of media I.E. a cartoon or even in a movie to show the cool aspects of the forms of lightsaber combat to show people how really not basic it is and show there is more to it than just buzzing noises, bright lights and sparks for a few minutes that they call an action scene.

Let alone seeing the sith extended lore, along with what some of the shit they could pull off using the force. The force can do so much shit, that goes unnoticed.
>>
>>25164679
He actually uses it in a battle at some point. Doesn't really change much but the person his fighting got their shoulder a bit burnt.
>>
>>25165900
I really wish they did more with Sith Sorcery. Always found that stuff fascinating. As far as the combat goes, there's some differences in the movies, but not enough for casuals to notice (Obi-Wan using Soreru while Mace Windu used Vaapad), but yeah, they could have done way more.
>>
>>25166016
That's what I mean, it's like having someone with an untrained eye trying to spot something a knowledgeable person in the subject of conversation would be able to spot easily.

You gotta basically train the viewers to know those minor differences or they would never bother to look or notice those things.
>>
>>25166100
Also, my bad on saying Ob-Wan used Sorseu. He used Ataru, but again, it's not like a casual would know the difference between the two. At the same time, seeing those differences is nice for those of us "in the know" because it''s something the others don't see.

Also, did you see Darth Bane's sigil on one of the banners at the entrance to Maz's cantina?
>>
>>25166170
Wait what? This actually makes me want to go re-watch it
>>
>>25166356
you at least saw the mandalorian banner right
>>
>>25166170
Well one, I've haven't seen the movie yet due to being poor.

Two, if I did see it, I doubt I would have noticed. I have a terrible eye for shit like that. The only thing I did notice, and that is just from screenshots and word of mouth from my friends and other people who have seen the movie.

Ren and Snoke don't have yellow eyes. And from the souce of that starwars dictionary thing that came out because of the force awakens, it sort of explains snoke's personality as clam and a lot less angry as other sith lords.

So I'm calling it right now jew jew is going to shit all over the sith by bastardizing it going "Hurr snoke doesn't believe in going full into the dark side because if you do you let anger and hatred control you and you do stupid shit." and basically ren has a balance between both sides just like anakin, so basically ren is literally darth vader 2.0 where he is going to go through a redemption phase near the end again and beat the big bad guy. Also snoke is all hard dick over the fact ren can keep in contact with both sides of the force rather than one.
>>
>>25166404
Yeah, but I just took that in stride, as that seemed like the sort of place mandos would hang out. Also, they were a bigger deal in the past, so if maz is really that old, it makes sense she would have something like that
>>
>>25166356
Yeah, the white one with the red marking.

>>25166404
Well yeah, that one was pretty obvious.

>>25166445
I see it as Ren being unable to commit to either side of the force. He lost to Rey because he wasn't committed to the dark side and let his injury hurt him instead of drawing power from his rage. But yeah. I really hope Jar Jar Abrams takes some advice from fans (not the casuals, the megafans) and incorporates more legitimate stuff on the Force into VIII and IX
>>
ANON IS GETTING A SITH APPRENTICE WAIFU
>>25165862
GET IN HERE ROBOTS
>>
>>25166494
I think Finn will kill Snoke, after being turned by Ren.

There's gotta be love in here somewhere, and the only possible love interest Rey could have is Poe. That would make Finn go nuts when he gets out of the coma, because his Best and Only Friend stole his oneitis.
>>
>>25166568
Fuck off with your gay thread
>>
>>25166618
It's funny because there was not a single line between Po and Rey
>>
They talked about how she was a hot-shot pilot, iircf. Anyway, who cares? Chad gets girls with his body and confidence and actions, not words. Finn had plenty of words with Rey, and he got a forehead kiss and referred to as "my friend"
>>
>>25166648
I don't think they ever even passed each other.
She didn't meet him on jakku.
She was captured by Kylo when Finn went to the resistance base.
After blowing up the star killer, she hugged Leia for a while while everyone else was celebrating.
>>
>>25166711
Finn was abducted as a baby and grew up in a stormtrooper conditioning program. He's probably never had a real friend, much less a qt girl friend
>>
Rey = Tumblr
Finn = Reddit
Poe = ESPN
Ren = r9k
>>
>>25166785
Yuuuup. Which will make it even harder on him. He does everything right, and his best friend gets the girl
>>
>>25159244
It would be racist if the woman lost;
>>
>>25166928
Women aren't a race you retard.
>>
>>25160300
They're meant to act as hilt guards, retard. You can see what happened to Luke in V as to why it's a good idea.
>>
>>25159369
He wasn't trying to kill her. He either knew who she was and/or was trying to turn her. For the first 2/3 of the fight he was just trying to wear her down and break her spirit.

By the time she properly got in touch with the Force, he was exhausted by the aggressive, two handed Shien he was using. The injuries he sustained from Finn and Chewbacca and Rey's Makashi-esque riposte to his left shoulder killed his ability to press such aggressive, two-handed blows.

>YFW Rey somehow intuits a masterful Soresu/Djem So/Makashi hybrid
>YFW she has enough untrained precision to destroy Ren's saber and disfigure (read: not remove) his face in a flourish of Djem So

I think Rey might be a broken character, family
>>
>>25166806

This actually isn't wrong.
>>
>>25166984
shut the fuck up sperging out, faggot.
>>
>>25166785
Finn is nothing but a chickenshit janitor that has a stereotypical lame ass "I'm an escaped slave of the Empire" storyline as he makes shitty oneliners straight out of the Chris Tucker school of nigger acting. Fuck him and fuck that entire movie.
>>
File: SwordTree.jpg (113 KB, 530x710) Image search: [Google]
SwordTree.jpg
113 KB, 530x710
>>25160300
>almost all swords in history are anti-Christian
>>
>>25167208
>He says this on a board that currently has an active thread about some autist sperging out over shit tier small talk with a girl who may or may not play Battlefront 2

Where the fuck you think you are, m8?
>>
>>25164711
Fit means "hot" in Bongland, bruh.
>>
>>25164604
Force Unleashed was utter shite and you know it.
>>
>>25164604
>>25167405
Yeah seriously, and what, no TIE Fighter? Or Empire at War? Come on man.
>>
File: DaisyRidley_SilentWitness.jpg (214 KB, 1600x1031) Image search: [Google]
DaisyRidley_SilentWitness.jpg
214 KB, 1600x1031
>>25164468
I hear you, anon. It's weird. Those thighs hardly have any mass, but yet have this perfectly aesthetic level of definition and muscularity for a woman. Also, that goofy-ass socially awkward grin of hers is as precious as her putting on that X-wing helmet while eating rehydrated subsistence rations.

>have some Daisy Ridley corpse titties bruh
>you seem like a good guy bruh
>>
>>25167497
Thanks for posting that anon. Her face/body reminds me a bit of my oneitis so now I can sad fap to actual boobs.
>>
>>25167539
I would be a total wanker if I didn't post the video too. Have a webm but its too large to upload. Cheers and good fapping.

http://www.recapped.com/daisy-ridley-nude-in-silent-witness
>>
>>25159244
Lazy writing for simple normie brains
>>
>>25167229
>12 Years a Slave IN SPACE
>>
>>25160999
Its not lukes, its anakins
>>
dude Kylo Ren is a cool villain. he's clearly mentally ill and has issues dealing with who he is and whatnot. like people said, he was injured and was also dealing with the fact that he just murdured his father.

obviously he can't be strengthened by his wounds because he's still struggling with himself

i like him
>>
>>25167271
None of those were used to depict evil whilst having a guardless version represent good.
>>
>>25167539
>TFW no Rey-looking IRL oneitis
>TFW such a person will never gentle femdom you, "force choking" you as she whispers sweet, innocent nothings about waiting for her family and appreciating all the unexpected, verdant beauty in the galaxy.

Why even live, F A M?
>>
>>25167229

The movie didn't make it clear at all but Finn was actually one of the best in his class during training. He just wasn't conditioned properly.
>>
>>25167745
As a mentally ill robot, I appreciated this. I took it to be as close of confirmation as we'll get that Anakin was as well and that it runs in the Skywalker family. Mental illness is an under appreciated tragic flaw in drama. Unlike pride or anger, it is something that is never enjoyable or praised in slightest, but has the potential to wreck your ass just the same.
>>
It's like any anime.
It's always some girl or weak and feminine looking faggot who's the strongest there.
>>
>>25163154
He wasn't highly trained - old wizard of Oz fuck even said at the end of the movie he needed more training.
>>
>>25164486
They are all shitty movies. Don't waste your time, watch something else
>>
>>25163280
To be fair, it was a starfighter not a starship
>>
File: ORAORAORAORAOROAORA.gif (750 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
ORAORAORAORAOROAORA.gif
750 KB, 500x281
>>25168054
>anime
>feminine one is strongest
>>
>>25163691
I hated this part.

the scene on the NOTDEATHSTAR with that one commander guy making a big ass speech and getting heil'd by the storm troopers just shattered my ability to take the first order seriously; that and Kylo Ren being played by Justin Trudeau.

> Star Wars is too white waah

God this pisses me off. If you've got a legitimate reason to cast a minority's, or if the role can be done by anyone and a minority actor is the best choice, have at it.

Shoehorning in a black character who acted like a fucking stereotypical black comedy relief brings down the quality of the film and is far more racist than just having an all-white cast.
>>
>>25167757
The cross is upside down anyway.
>>
>>25159244
>get shot beforehand
>lose fight

hurr
>>
It's not that big a deal, but if Han and Chewy have been together for so long how come none of them thought "hey can I try your gun?" It just seems like something best friends who regularly carry and shoot things would do.
>>
>>25159244
DUDE MIDICHLORIANS LMAO
>>
>>25165077
They saw it maybe once or twice as a kid and forget every detail about it. Why would I want to watch some normalshit movie?
>>
>>25167823
This from the books or cartoons or something?
>>
>>25159293
Okay with the chewie part, but he could've used the force to beat both finn and the girl.
>>
>>25160504
Walt Disney is spinning in his grave right now
>>
>>25159733
Just look at him. That's the biggest, most glaring, lethal flaw of this movie. Not the dindu. Not the gurrrlpower. Not the multicultural propaganda in our face.
This fucking villain.
A whiny, weak, jaundiced, pitiful teenager that does nothing but complain and have colleric bursts like a 13 year old trashing on his bed because he lost in a videogame.

How THE FUCK can anyone immerse himself in a story with a villain like that?
>>
File: JUST.jpg (16 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
16 KB, 220x220
>>25170574
JUST

bloblox
>>
File: CUCK.jpg (12 KB, 332x181) Image search: [Google]
CUCK.jpg
12 KB, 332x181
>>25170603
KEK

(this robot is useless shit)
>>
>>25165393

>someone posts something I don't like
>go back to reddit durr

you know they have this nifty downvote function over there... maybe you should sign up faggot. It would be one less idiot posting this cancer fifteen times a fucking day anytime their jimmies get rustled.
>>
>>25159244
I didn't found the villain charismatic enough, plus he looks like weedman.
>>
>>25159827
For the storm troopers in this movie, getting attacked by 5 different breeds of sharks on land was more likely than being attacked by jedi.
>>
>>25161874
He was actually supposed to die in this movie (look it up) but the actor complained so he was written into ep 8.

This really is "kill and cuck whitey" the movie. Thanks Jew Jew Abrams.
>>
>>25168214
St. Peter's cross
>>
>>25159293
Don't forget Snoke took him and had time as well. Why would he put an emo shitter in charge of his entire army? Shoulda just corrupted luke's daughter honestly...
>>
I love him because I have a similar facial structure to adam driver. We;'re brothers in ugliness and he proves that if I were a devcent person I could make it too love you adam we are br90thers in arms.
>>
>>25159244
>>lose a duel to a woman who has no previous training in the force

I can't believe there are literally thousands of idiots like you who are too stupid to understand the context clues given by the movie which all scream that she has had some training.

Also
>>25159293
>>
>>25159377
It doesn't fit into their meme.
>>
>>25159372
utter rubbish
>>
the force was awakened in her in order to combat the overload of darkness

Kylo is still a bitch regardless
>>
>>25162788
Kylo Ren and Snoke are not Sith.

I believe you are a pleb seth babby "fan" who doesn't even know much about Star Wars.
>>
>>25159244
Yeah, that was kind of garbage
>>
>>25165145
Yeahm and the ep.VIII will have a new villian too.
Check the cast.
>>
>>25164679
Becuase the instability oh his lightsaber
>>
>>25172698
Fuck off christian scum
>>
>>25172860
Okay so lets back up.

The sith order are a bunch of assholes who want to control the galaxy, while practicing the dark side of the force.

Since this whole movie is basically Nu Empire vs rebels who got their shit together, and how the Nu Empire has the same goals and objectives as the old empire, I.E. killing all the jedi and galactic conquest I'm pretty sure they are sith.

Because lets face it, since the mouse retconned everything, I'm pretty sure the sith species where the dark side originated from doesn't exist either and no one has sith blood meaning they can still be sith if they fit the two previous requirements.
>>
>>25165077
>mfw I remember going to see them in the theatre with my dad

Oldfag 4 lyfe
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.