[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm terrified, guys I don't want to grow old. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1
File: I was once a young man.jpg (100 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
I was once a young man.jpg
100 KB, 960x640
I'm terrified, guys

I don't want to grow old.

I don't want to wake up one morning with the realization that my time is near.

I don't want to spend my days wishing I were young again.

I'm 45 years old and a NEET. I'm tired of wasting away as time only goes faster.
>>
Dude you have lived over half your life and are still a NEET. Don't be afraid of waking up and finding out you've wasted your life. You already have.
>>
Neets confirmed btfo
>>
>>25108354
Who's that guy?
>comment not original
Fucking nigger
>>
Not much you can do nowadays
>>
>>25108354
maybe you shouldve done something worthwhile to atleast have that solice that you mastered a skill before the void comes for you

but you're a Neet, good job when the time comes you will cry
>>
>>25109035
atleast i have you guys on 4chan
>>
You fucked up.
You fucked up bad.
The only thing that humans can really do is work.
Not that it's good, but you could have at least done art, music, etc.
I don't know what to say because you kinda ruined it.
There's a chance (a very low one), that you can still make meaningful pieces of art.
>>
>>25108354
How did you maintain a NEET lifestyle till you were 45? Where do you live? Were you born rich?

Were you always NEET or did you go through stages of working/school and only ended up NEET later in life?
>>
>>25109186
I've been a NEET my whole life. Right now I live with my brother and his fiance.

I barely passed high school, then lived with my parents until my dad died and my mom went into a nursing home.

since then i've been a succubus, going from friend's house to friend's house, until ten years ago i moved in with my brother. he proposed to his qt gf last month.
>>
Eh, who gives a shit. I'm 23 yet I see absolutely no reason to have regrets. Once you're dead, you're dead, and nothing fucking mattered. Just let it all go OP. You either die full of regrets or you die not giving a shit.
>>
we should kill death
>>
>>25108354
How do I not become you OP. Where did it all go wrong?

I think realistically all people stuck in a rut/routine including myself need either some internal crisis or huge external upheaval that changes our circumstance.
>>
>>25109155
Make enough money to support yourself for 2 years. Buy a ticket to Tibet and become a monk there. You will find peace of mind for the rest of your life.
>>
>>25109261
if you're young, get the fuck out of that rut while you still have youthful energy.

obviously i can't speak for everyone, but that's what i wish i could do.
>>
>>25109288
Why is that?
Also can it still be possible to listen to music
>>
>having a mid-life crisis on /r9k/

smdh, yo.

Read Meditations or stoic works and learn to accept it.
>>
>>25109248
If you could change things what would you change? WHat sort of profession/career would you want? Would you want a wife and kids?
>>
>>25109248
Are you a virgin? Ever had a GF?
>>
>>25109382
I wish i could go back to high school. i'd get good grades, go to college, get a job and a career. i'd get a lovely woman and ask her to marry me.

pretty much, do the things my brother did.
>>
>>25109418
i'm as virgin beta as they come, my friend.
>>
>>25109248
Do you think your brother will keep you forever?
>>
>>25109447
What is your daily routine like? How do you fill your time? What sort of hobbies/interests do you have?

Do you exercise? Are you Obese?

I find your situation very interesting. Are you still interested in the idea of finding a woman now? Or have you just resigned this idea as an impossibility?
>>
>>25109547
we had a talk a few weeks ago. he said now that he's gonna be a married man, he'd have to kick me out. hence the mid-life crisis i'm currently having.

i have nowhere to go, but my bro and his wife will send me off with a few thousand bucks.

i'm gonna fucking crash and burn.
>>
>>25108354

>I'm 45 years old and a NEET. I'm tired of wasting away as time only goes faster.

How have you spent the time you already have?

Seems like those who dread the passage of time the most, do the least with it
>>
>>25109582
I'm not obese, but i am extremely unhealthy.

>wake up around 4 in the afternoon
>lay around and browse the internet until about 10 pm
>then i have lunch around 10:30
>take nap, wake up around 3 AM
>play video games for a few hours
>finally back to bed at 6
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>25109631
doing absolutely nothing
>>
>>25109598
well, if you were 10 years younger, I'd say it might be a kick up the ass that changes your life for the better.

I think if my family kicked me out it would honestly be good for me.

maybe you can still do something?

get a job in construction and give yourself to work all hours. you won't have time to think, at least.
>>
>>25109653
Did your brother give you some deadline you need to leave by? What are you thinking of doing? Hvae you looked at jobs? You can do fine with any shitty job but you will need roommates. Do you have a drivers license and a car?
>>
sucks for you buddy boy.

In this generation there will be a few immortals to arise for humanity.
>>25108354

Guess who isn't going to be one?
>>
>>25108354
Sell drugs or something idfk
>>
>>25109767
he gets married in March, so probably around there.

no, i haven't looked at jobs.

no license or car

guess i'm working at McKek's
>>
>>25108354
If I were you this is what I'd do
1: Join a gym and start working out 3-4 times a week.
2: Start trying to get yourself into a routine. Switch your computer off the same time everynight (say 10-11) and get into bed and read. While at the beginning it might take you hours to get to sleep eventually you'll get used to it. After a month you'll be used to it.
3: Look to do some voluntary work.
4: Consider retaking your college exams.
5: Think about learning computer programming or something.
>>
>>25109673

then why do you want more time? what's the difference between doing nothing at 45 and doing nothing at 65 or 75?
>>
>>25110218
because at 75 i'd be so frail i'd hurt myself doing nothing.
>>
B-b-but I thought NEET life was the best life!

Blanket Pepe said so!
>>
>>25109871
Honestly I think exercising would help a lot. The number one thing exercise would do would give you more energy to do things with. Energy level is really more tied to lifestlyle than anything else.

Where do you live? Your work would be entry level but you could work retail or at grocery stores/restaurants. It really is not too late to change.

Do you want to change? or would you rather continue living the life you are now indefinitely? I'm not talking about going back in time and changing things but changing things right now that you do have control over.
>>
>>25108354
just kill yourself b4 you get old
problem solved

there is LITERALLY no other way
>>
>>25108354
What all I want to do is grow old but I don't think I'll survive even the next fucking week.
>>
>>25110152
he will be dead by step 3
>>
>>25108354

don't worry, anon. as soon as you die, your soul gets reborn into a new body.

the ride never ends.
>>
>>25110953
mr skeltal i want off this ride pls
>>
>>25111111

repeating digits to the max over here
>>
What have you been doing for the past 27 years (assuming you graduated HS at 18)? Like were you literally just posting on 4chan and masturbating to cartoons for all that time? Did you not once think in your late 20s or early 30s that something was wrong and needed to be changed?
>>
I know I'm a terrible human being for saying this, but I just have to get it out:

OP, you are truly one of the most pathetic creatures i have ever heard about. You are not alive. You are just waiting to die. And while you're waiting, you get the added humiliation of having to depend on your brother to be alive.

Considering he is getting married and you're 45, i assume hes the younger one. Imagine it. Your brother grew up looking up to you, and now hes realised you are far too pathetic to live without him. And you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Good luck OP, and may God have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>25111631
Dude, that's harsh
>>
It's still not to late for this guy, the retirement age in the future will be around 70, there's still 25 years of work OP can put in. Get a job you lazy cunt and be self sufficient.
>>
>>25109248
>since then i've been a succubus, going from friend's house to friend's house
You forgot to say no homo.
>>
>>25111267
This. Please respond OP . What were you doing when you started slipping?
>>
>>25109320
that only works if you are a normalfag or chad by nature
>>
>>25111989
Bump because im curious too. What have you been doing these past decades? Rare you run into someone who has been NEET since the 80s
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.