[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else watch sports now that nerd culture is mainstream?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: basketball pepe.png (398 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
basketball pepe.png
398 KB, 499x499
Anyone else watch sports now that nerd culture is mainstream? This is the new counterculture, basketball to be precise. Basketball is the world's greatest game.
>>
>>25108529
Yes. I'm a Knicks fan.
>>
basketball is literally normie: the sport

baseball is where it's at
>>
>>25108544
>baseball
[muffled clapping in the distance]
>>
Go bears
>>
>>25108529
Nope, being a contrarian fuck has never been my thing.
>>
I've watched all sports my entire life. Even shit like golf and tennis or the Olympics. I'm obsessed with watching sports
>>
I watch soccer. Today I watched two matches, for example. I dont care about other sports, though.
>>
I'm not really racist or bigoted but literally niggernormieball, I hate the sport with a passion for absolutely no reason. I don't understand the meta in the slightest and I can't appreciate watching coloreds run up and down a court 200 times. Fuck basketball.
>>
File: 3218371284716035004.png (565 KB, 642x362) Image search: [Google]
3218371284716035004.png
565 KB, 642x362
You robots should just stop watching this gay normie shit and go out and play real sports like Episkyros.
>>
>>25108649
Basketball is a lot of fun to watch. It's a game of streaks so it's very interesting to see how a game unfolds, what changes are made, who has the hot hand, who gets the ball in crunch time, etc. And it's in constant movement which is very cool and very different from almost every other sport out there.
>>
Spurs 2016 NBA champs
>>
Used to watch rassling during attitude era and before it

Now that WWE went to shit I watch basketball. I'm a Sacramento Kings fan myself, also like to watch: Raptors, cavs, and especially Oklahoma Thunder.

Slowly grown to love basketball and wish I discovered it sooner than 2 years ago.
>>
>>25108611
>soccer
Are there a lot of Europeans on here?
I'm one
>>
>>25108709

Seconded, the sport is actually surprisingly deep and the back and forth action and moments as mentioned above drew me in.

To the guy that hated it: give it a fair chance, it may surprise you. It's far from just shooting a ball at a rim.
>>
>>25108529
>Basketball is the world's greatest game.

Bunch of lanky nigger thugs chasing around a ball for no reason. What do you get out of watching this?
>>
>>25108746
>Used to watch rassling during attitude era and before it
>Now that WWE went to shit

That's not a sport - that's a badly written, poorly acted soap opera for closet homosexuals.
>>
I watch hockey, the jets because I live in Winnipeg. I've played it all my life, and was basically born into it, my dad had me in skates when I was 2 years old (dont even remember learning how to skate).

But regardless of my brainwashing, its still the greatest game bar none, fastest team sport in the world, constant action and the level of skill required to be good is off the charts. Football is alright too, I usually watch and go to CFL games, but NFL is admittedly way better and more skilled
>>
I watch about 5 or 6 different pro wrestling promotions
>>
for those of you who are older (i'm 31) and in the working world, you should STRONGLY consider following a professional sport.

it does wonders for small talk in the business world, and makes you appear normal. i chose NFL, but pick whatever appeals to you.
>>
>>25108909

It resembled something like sport, it also involves extreme athletiscism and I mainly watched it for the high flying and technical wrestling. sidenote: the wrestling is fake but the pain from the bumps is oh so very real.

For closeted homosexuals? What? Are you so uncomfortable with your sexuality that you're afraid it will turn you gay because your mind has wandered off and is staring at one of their pecs 'mirin and wanting?

I mean, if this doesn't qualify as a sport while we're at it can we take darts, golf, curling, cricket and baseball off of the sports list too? I mean some of those guys are a little fat and probably can't play a sport...
>>
>>25109060
>It resembled something like sport, it also involves extreme athletiscism and I mainly watched it for the high flying and technical wrestling. sidenote: the wrestling is fake but the pain from the bumps is oh so very real.

NJPWworld.com

Or hit up kickass and look for NJPW stuff (Wrestle Kingdom 9)
>>
File: 1446334190791.png (115 KB, 335x371) Image search: [Google]
1446334190791.png
115 KB, 335x371
>>25108544
>>25108549
You guys are now my niggers, what are your favorite MLB teams Met fan here
>>
>>25109090

Yeah I'm into NJPW but it kind of slipped my mind at the time of my post, love that shit. Wonder how Jushin is still able to keep this up at 50, it's a mystery to me.

your helpfulness is appreciated regardless anon.
>>
this is true, my friends all together stopped playing football after a lifetime and now we formed a basketball team and play every week
>>
File: bibbywebber.jpg (72 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
bibbywebber.jpg
72 KB, 640x360
>>25108746
>I'm a Sacramento Kings fan myself
Me too bro

life is suffering. But at least we're getting a new arena next year
>>
Hockey is the best sport.

>no niggers
>no egomaniacs
>intense as fuck
>rich history
>players are tough as nails
> Season lasts 8+ months
>>
File: 1430519969757.jpg (8 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1430519969757.jpg
8 KB, 228x221
>>25108529
ya, i watch pro league of legends.
>>
>>25109190

Him and Negro Casas in CMLL are defying age and wisdom. Their pain levels have got to be off the charts
>>
>>25109245

Rondo is giving me faith, the Kings have been looking infinitely better than last year with him running the offense. Only way is up. Also fuck yeah new 'rena!

I don't think it's suffering though, if you're a true masochist you can always become a Clippers fan and feel bitter disappointment year after year.

>>25109292

Yeah I just wonder how they must feel in the morning, that their body even is still capable of walk let alone wrestle. Same goes for Undertaker on a completely unrelated note, dude's been around for ages. Think he'll die in that ring someday.

Mostly baffles me that Liger still looks so athletic, smooth and dynamic. It defies many, many things.
>>
>>25108837
I'm south american.
>>
>>25109356

I wouldn't put Taker with Jushin or Negro. He looked like he was ready to fall apart during this last little run he had with Brock and the Wyatts.
>>
>>25108529
>>25108544
>not football
>>
>>25109395

Yeah I'm not comparing them in terms of greatness, more his insanity of still continuing after being seemingly/semi clearly broken down from year in year out wrestling. They're too different to compare so I refrain from that.
>>
>>25109356
Yeah Rondo is a fucking Godsend. Other than Cousins he is clearly the best Kings player we've had in many years. The way he sees the floor is unbelievable and he is playing at a top-notch level

We need to learn how to win on the road though. That fucking game in minnesota the other night was a perfect example of one we should have taken but couldn't due to inexperience in the 4th Quarter. I think we've lost 6 in a row on the road now which needs to change
>>
I don't like sports because it brings back bad memory's about school gym class.
>>
>>25108544
Yeah, maybe if I wanted to fall asleep from absolute boredom. Literally most boring sport I've ever seen apart from chess.
>>
>not coming full circle and ironically unironically liking nerd culture
>>
>>25110246
But I thought americlaps loved baseball?
>>
>>25109090
>i watch outraw wrestleru
>>
>>25110246
*tips short attention span*
>>
>nerd culture is mainstream
So collecting insects and cataloging them is socially acceptable now? What about chemistry sets and growing crystals? Maybe you're thinking geek culture, which has been hipster pop culture since forever. Things like star wars, bad kung fu movies, comic books, having braces and the like that were seen as childish and unpopular with most working adults have indeed become mainstream, but that's not nerd culture, it's geek (hipster) fandom.

Making your own electronics I'll give you, as long as it's a "clock", but I'm not a hipster, so something getting popular doesn't ruin the activity for me. You're mad about Star Wars being popular, I'm happy about advances in hobbyist electronics getting cheaper.
>>
>>25109126
>tfw your team has been and will continue to be shit for the foreseeable future

Get it together Milwaukee
>>
>>25110661
What kind of electronics have you made? I've got a tesla coil sitting next to me that can be audio modulated via the PC.
>>
>>25111111
nice repeating digits, family
>>
>>25111066
Brewerfag here too

the next few years are going to be terrible. We're looking at 60-70 wins every year and Miller Park being packed full of FiB cunts
>>
>>25111111
No digits go unczeked
>>
fuck LA teams
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.