[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For the idiots that think that society has abandoned them...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: Ford-Police-Interceptor-4.jpg (52 KB, 537x315) Image search: [Google]
Ford-Police-Interceptor-4.jpg
52 KB, 537x315
Call 911 right now and see if you'll reconsider that thought.
These angels on wheels will never abandon you.
>>
>>24800353
Society didn't abandon me, I'm abandoning it because our desires, goals, and overall motives are either different or incompatible.

It's a logical choice, but thanks for doing you 'duty' I guess. Bravo guys.
>>
>>24799285
I'm this guy, nice thread. I work with the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police). You can ask me anything if you wish.
>>
>>24800450
Is loli illegal?
>>
>These angels on wheels will never abandon you.
Except they will.

The police have no obligation to protect you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia
>>
>>24800450
How did you start your law enforcement career
>>
>>24800526

'You' meaning whoever calls 911.

Of course they aren't obligated to defend individuals, they aren't bodyguards.

But they have to respond to emergencies regardless of the person
>>
>>24800543
I applied through a workshop they had in my town when I was 18. Got deferred for not having a non restricted license, worked in the oil field until I got that, applied again, went through the application process, got in when I was 20. Been on the job 4 years now.
>>
>>24800593
They have no obligation to protect "you" even if they witness a crime being committed.

You have no basis to sue a police officer or the department if they fail to perform even the most basic aspect of their job, like get the fuck out of their car and investigate the report of a rape and robbery.

Cops are not your friends and are only their to fill out paper work after the fact. Remember that.
>>
Cops are a mixed bag nowadays.

Never know if you're gonna get a guy who's genuinely just trying to do his job, or a power hungry fag trying to compensate for all the days he was teased in high school, essentially r9k with a badge.
>>
>>24800393
There's a thing in America called Democracy. It's nice because when you don't agree with something in society you can rally people together to change it.
>>
Society hasn't abandoned me because it can still profit from manipulating and using me
>>
>cops come
>shoot you and your dog on your property
>officer isn't even fired

Such is life in the USA
>>
>>24800645
Subduing a suspect who is charging you or about to attack you is inadvertently protection.
I get your point that they aren't bodyguards, but they are saving lives regardless
>>
>>24800353
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2015/09/02/georgia-police-storm-wrong-house-shoot-dog-homeowner-and-likely-another-cop.html
>>
One obviously does not revolt against the advantages and opportunities of the state, but against the price which must be paid for the same in the coin of accepted morality, self-restraint, and toil.
>>
File: mr73_310.jpg (118 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
mr73_310.jpg
118 KB, 800x520
>>24800772
Did you read the fucking link I posted?

Police officers FAILED to investigate the report of a rape and robbery taking place within the plantiffs' apartment after being notified twice through 911. When the plantiff's sued, the court ruled they had no basis as there is no special relationship between any person and the police.

Again, police exist to document the aftermath of a crime and investigate it. They are not your friends. They will not protect you. You can only protect yourself.
>>
>>24800740
No, my name isn't Kevin. 35 million people on the country anon but it was worth a shot.
>>
>>24800684
Not interested, it's easier just to opt out.

Plus they are fundamental differences, I doubt there is a large enough part of the population that shares my values to work with me, and even most of r9k would reject them from what I see here.
>>
>>24800848
Yeah, 35 million but not all of them are cops ;^)

I know a Kevin, same age and in the RCMP.
>>
File: gainsbourg.jpg (28 KB, 487x365) Image search: [Google]
gainsbourg.jpg
28 KB, 487x365
My ex-bf tried to commit suicide. The cops arrived on the scene, and persuaded him to come down with kind words and with the promise that they'd let it slide.

He decided to come down, whereupon three cops tackled him and threw him to the ground, and took him to a mental institution: it ruined his record. Fuck the cops. And fuck my ex - I wish he had jumped, and saved me the trouble of meeting him only to dump me for no good reason.

I wanted to save you, Reed.
>>
>>24800841
Is that the revolver Togusa uses in GitS?
>>
>>24800906
It's a Manurhin MR-73. I don't watch japtoons. They're exceptionally high quality revolvers made in France and are very durable as well. They used to come with cylinder for 9x19mm as well. That's what that image is showing.
>>
>>24800905
Cop-anon here. They legally had to submit him to the psych ward, for his protection and that of others.

I will say that the tackling by 3 officers is excessive, but under form 10 of the mental health and wellness act they can use force to ensure the safety and compliance of that individual. He was clearly not all there as you described it in your story so he could have had weapons hidden on him. It's officer safety.

I personally would have had him lay flat and search him of he was complying, then take him in. It's protocol.
>>
>>24800905
no one cares greg
>>
>>24800450
I enjoy helping people, however i've never really physically asserted myself for protection as i've never had to. however I've been told I'm intimidating and can be aggressive if i must.

should I go into law enforcement?
Don't know how different canada is from the US though.

I'm tall but i'm a lanklet, I can probably pass the physical requirements but is it worth it?
>>
File: Togusa.jpg (42 KB, 736x413) Image search: [Google]
Togusa.jpg
42 KB, 736x413
>>24800906
>>24800950
No that's a Mateba M-M2007
>>
In the USA, they're basically uneducated assholes that squeak out a living by enforcing trivial laws

Fuck em'
>>
>>24801932
I'm 6'3 and 175lbs. Physically you don't need to be a hulk, policing is done best when you're friendly and can talk to people. Verbal judo and patience are 20x more important than being able to crush skulls, if you get into a fight you've already failed.

Cardio is very important though, I'd focus on that way more than strength training.

It's always worth it if your intentions are good and you can handle the negative aspects like dealing with Shitty people and drunks. You can do a lot of good and everyday is different, there's also so much different and cool shit you can do.
>>
File: 1433699307550.jpg (77 KB, 623x425) Image search: [Google]
1433699307550.jpg
77 KB, 623x425
>>24800684
Tyranny of the majority. Take a look at how both Shillary and the GOP are united in saying that after the recent terrorist attacks in Paris and California, we should have another expansion of government surveillance, restrictions on encryption, and so forth, and the majority of the populace that will eagerly say "Yes, I'll vote for whatever you say, if you say it will keep me safe!"
>>
>>24803033
That's good to know, but it sucks because I wouldn't consider myself a smooth talker and I have some anxiety.
>different and cool shit you can do
such as?
>>
>>24803104
but it can't be 'tyranny' if that is what the majority wants.
>>
>>24803112
There are plenty of books and seminars you can get for verbal judo and other speech techniques, most police training periods cover it as well. It's essential to good policing so I'd develop that skill if I could. It also helps in everyday talking to and dealing with people and helped me in my relationships before.

The Rcmp boasts 150 different jobs, there's tactical, general duty, coastal patrol, fraud investigation, firearms analysis, blood spatter, detective work, surveillance, vip protection, etc, surveying, and there's international shit you van volunteer for, you can find out more on the website.
>>
>>24803319
So anything that 50% plus one vote approve of, goes? You can't see the problem with this?
>>
You never call the police unless you're prepared for someone to die.

/r/ing that video where the cops kill that suicidal robot. His mother called the police because her son was threatening to kill himself.
>>
>>24800873
Care to share your thoughts?
>>
>>24800353
What good is protection if i cant get a gf?

This is my main issue with the modern world, its willing to provide almost everything to you except companionship.

Food? Yes.
Shelter? Yes.
Protection? Yes.
Basic Healthcare? Yes.
Education? Yes.

Friends? Nope.
GF? Nope.

It seems like they only care about you being alive but not about the QUALITY of existence you have after the fact.

Women will plead and try to convince you to not kill yourself but then when you ask them to be your gf, they cast you aside and tell you to find someone else.

I actually would like it if they did tell me to kill myself, at least that would be more honest.
>>
File: right to arms.png (84 KB, 1348x428) Image search: [Google]
right to arms.png
84 KB, 1348x428
>>24800684
>America
>Democracy

wew lad
>>
>>24800450
in the previous thread you mentioned getting paid overtime for hockey game. Do you mean hanging out around the rinks? The roads for peoples who team won? Rioting?
>>
>>24800905
so? Its saved his life an that is what their job is.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.