[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can you guys cope with hanging around a place as negative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: 1428425140063.gif (1006 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1428425140063.gif
1006 KB, 500x375
how can you guys cope with hanging around a place as negative and poisonous as this? i'm legitimately interested. is it that you feel this is the only 'place for you'? you feel rejected by anyone you consider 'more normal' than yourself? you are addicted to the internet? you are bitter and use this as a means to justify your world view?

enlighten me.
>>
File: 1391915915776.png (402 KB, 443x600) Image search: [Google]
1391915915776.png
402 KB, 443x600
>>24636418
I don't cope with the negativity, I thrive in it.
>>
The negativity doesn't affect me because I'm a positive person and the things that internet strangers say don't really cause me any trouble.
>>
>>24636427
bump my thread this one is gay
>>
>>24636443
Ohoho

OHOHOH

I used to be like you. Don't worry, the time will come when something shitty happens in your life that's enough to break you and when you come back here, the ideas posted here will start to mold themselves into your mind and will really fuck you up.
>>
I'm miserable and enjoy making others miserable. This board is a place where for some reason mentally ill teenagers like to congregate. They're easy to manipulate for the lulz.
>>
It's fun to be miserable with other people while I'm bored.
>>
File: 1445881758527.jpg (63 KB, 534x640) Image search: [Google]
1445881758527.jpg
63 KB, 534x640
I'm just glad to be with people who understand tfw no gf unlike the fucking chads at uni fuck
>>
File: dead inside.jpg (118 KB, 938x632) Image search: [Google]
dead inside.jpg
118 KB, 938x632
>>24636418
This board makes me feel better, also helps me forget my own shortcomings.
>>
I feel like this place has taught me a lot of truths about life, even if the truth can be ugly sometimes. This place has definitely distorted my worldview but it's also made me laugh harder than just about anywhere else. I feel like this is one of the few places where you can get an unbiased opinion and see different people's point of view without them misrepresenting themselves to gain favor in the eyes of their peers. I am addicted to the internet, yeah. A bonafide internet addict.

I don't know. As toxic as it is I wouldn't trade it for the world.
>>
>>24636462

See >>24636496 this is what I'm talking about. All I have to do is shitpost to ruin people's mental states for years. He's even internalized the bullshit as truth and will consider this a troll post. I guess it is.
>>
>>24636418
they're all staring at their shadows on a wall , thinking it's their reflection, and going to hide for six more weeks of winter

because it's more comforting to believe you have all the answers to life and being surrounded by the warm fire that casts a shadow on your life than to turn around and leave the cave and face winter
>>
>>24636522
Ruining people's mental state for years gives you a sense of pleasure?

See what I mean about this place teaching me some truths? It's pretty ugly that making people suicidally depressed brings you pleasure but I feel like I'm better off with the knowledge that people like you exist

You have to find these silver linings in life or you just want to an hero
>>
>>24636460
Yeah if you have a weak mind.
>>
>>24636563
Nope, it works if you have a strong mind as well. It just takes more time to chip away. Not to mention that all it takes is that one moment in your life for something to go horribly wrong and you want to feel solace in others so you need to interact with them. Most of the young men that browse here are isolated and this is the only place they have to turn to, which is a double-edged sword because while you do find comfort in the posters here, you are also exposed to so much negativity. I don't care how strong your mind is, this place will ruin your mindset with time. You'll begin to see it in how you think about other people and their interactions.
>>
I mostly come here to shitpost, but even I get irritated with the constant bitterness and antagonizing of complete strangers.

It makes no sense to be genuinely angry with someone you know nothing about just because they say shit you disagree with.

This is a weird place. I've thought about leaving this site altogether because a lot of the boards are like this. People for the first chance to belittle and insult anyone that says something they don't like, or have a life experience/worldview that's different from their own.

There's a benefit to being exposed to differing views, and an even greater benefit to intellectual adversity. But instead of learning from each other, we just demonize all the people who aren't like us.

It's pretty fucking dumb and sad. My philosophy has always been; If you want less stupid people in the world, educate them. If you want to cater to your ego, belittle them.

But so many people hold on to their beliefs as fact.
>>
>>24636617
Fuck off with your smart people words.
>>
>>24636496
>unbiased opinion
absolutely not. if you ask /r9k/ "is my girlfriend cheating on me?" or something of this nature, you will get answers that are one part meme to two parts wrong.

i agree that /r9k/ is good with ugly truths, but it also greatly exaggerates these ugly truths.
>>
>>24636418
I am the negativity, the poison.
>>
Like most things in life, it's best not to take the internet seriously, especially if your go to place to hang out online is a community of angsty teenagers.
>>
>>24636418
>>24636441

Also

This place allows for a voice that cannot be said else where.
>>
>>24636418

I use it to reassure myself that there's people more fucked up than me.

It's perversely comforting how low people can go and still retain the ability to type.
>>
>>24636441
If I can't not see that face, does it mean i'm not autistic?
>>
>>24636418
>how can you guys cope with hanging around a place as negative and poisonous as this?
HOW CAN A SNAKE COPE, BEING AROUND OTHER SNAKES ALL THE TIME?

Seriously, you guys should go hang out with some fucking honey badgers or mongooses sometime. They're real nice guys! Won't eat you or nuffin!
>>
File: chappele gusta.gif (334 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
chappele gusta.gif
334 KB, 160x120
>>24637379
This just, resonates to me.
Can you say that over vocaroo. I want to hear the voice tethered to the conscious that came up with this.
>>
>>24636418
I'm not normal and the people here aren't normal, it doesn't matter that most of them are fags the conversation is still more interesting here than elsewhere.
>>24636605
>Nope, it works if you have a strong mind as well.
I disagree. I've been on 4chan since I was 12 and none of the beliefs of the various boards I visit have had any effect on me. It won't change anyone that knows how to separate the internet from real life.
>>
>>24637668
What face? You're probably just autistic.
>>
File: plisk.jpg (32 KB, 322x278) Image search: [Google]
plisk.jpg
32 KB, 322x278
>>24637744
Don't do that to me.
Don't you dare.
>>
>>24637736
>I disagree. I've been on 4chan since I was 12 and none of the beliefs of the various boards I visit have had any effect on me. It won't change anyone that knows how to separate the internet from real life.

I was closer to suicide before I found 4chan. Being able to talk to other rejects is gud. Wish I'd found it earlier, while still in school, I might have turned out different.
>>
File: nope.jpg (260 KB, 914x891) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
260 KB, 914x891
>>24637760
bigboss is love
>>
I came here for the first times about 2 years ago. It was really great. Every one was just sharing their stories and talking honestly about life and what they have to deal with. You had people with some seriously troubled childhoods greentexting their entire life story. You had people diagnosed with all sorts mental illnesses giving a great insight at the inner workings of the mind. And you had some threads that could make you laugh like you've never laughed before.
Sadly, it was all ruined when moot went and disabled the robot like a fucking retard. I stopped coming back for a while. Now, there's as much shitposting as there was a few months ago, but it's still far from the old /r9k/. I just hope it gets better.
>>
It's the only place I have.
>>
It's funny as fuck and the clever self-deprecating anons here are fun to be around. It's getting harder to see the board that way, but it still works for me.
>>
>negative

nah man, it's just real. Only a normie could be so sheltered as to think that the world isn't unjust and full of pain.
>>
Consider the following: /r9k/ has become a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy for some people as one variable of its negativity likely stems from the tens of threads we receive per day, every day, for well over a year now, claiming how negative and vile this board is.
>>
I only hang around here when I'm already feeling pretty negative. Since I tend to be a somewhat bipolar I know that when I get into my "bad week" the only thing I can do is wait out the storm because there's probably some chemical shit going on in my brain and it's not like I can fix it.

So on "bad weeks" I hang around here and kinda explore this negative aspect of myself while also observing it in others.

I believe you need both sides of the coin to get the full picture (whether it's about yourself or the world), ya know?
>>
It's a place to escape all the "B yourself" bullshit and find comfort in numbers. No, it's not healthy, its generally an echo chamber but, It's more comforting than some chad fuck telling you everything is going to be okay.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.