[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This board is too negative. Let's try having a healthy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 21
File: 1447899080815.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447899080815.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
This board is too negative.

Let's try having a healthy, self-worth boosting thread as we head into the week.

You had one chance at life. List what's gone well for you in that one chance, things you appreciate.

>one chance at life
>my family loves me, even my dad though I don't know where he is and haven't spoken to him in a decade
>not poor
>I once enjoyed several things, so it's conceivable that I rekindle those interests
>going to school, have a chance to make living doing what I enjoy
>still am young

Your turn!
>>
>>24625456
>I have a decent high school diploma
>Relatively fit despite being a NEET
>I would probably look ok if I went to a dermatologist and got my acne-infested face taken care of

That's about it
>>
File: 15.jpg (51 KB, 637x640) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
51 KB, 637x640
I wasn't born a male.
>>
>>24625456
no, everything is fucking awful and it never gets better EVER
thats the way things are for the people who are stuck here
maybe not for you, but you can just fuck right off
>>24625928
and you too, "femanons" are the cancer that has been killing r9k forever
>>
Well. I have a job. Roof over my head and food in the fridge. It could be worse
>>
i believe in a thing called love
>>
>I'm in treatment
>my family loves me
>girls have shown interest in me before and it's conceivable that someone will love me
>>
I have loved and lost.
>>
>>24625456
>>24625456
Fuck you and your happiness
>>
>>24625969
>and you too, "femanons" are the cancer that has been killing r9k forever

nah, it's always been garbage here man
>>
>>24625456
You look like shit and you'll always be Shit.
Fucking wortless loser
>>
I'm still young
I have a degree and can use it to get a different job eventually
I'm not grotesquely ugly
I'm not a serious manlet, just a minor manlet (5'10")
I have some family members who genuinely care about me
I'm not blind and have no disabilities

Oh fuck, this is easy.
>>
File: yeah.png (35 KB, 679x645) Image search: [Google]
yeah.png
35 KB, 679x645
threads looking pretty good so far, bros. Keep that positivity up.
>>
>>24626009
I'm not happy though. I want to be happy and I want others here to be happy, but I'm not.

>>24626024
Rude.
>>
>>24625456
>Fat/ugly girls seem to like me so not completely undesirable
>Have friends
>Takes very little to please me, so don't need lots of money/women. Just vidya and anime.
>>
File: wojak drinking coffee.png (16 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
wojak drinking coffee.png
16 KB, 645x773
>college diploma
>university degree
>50k in savings, no debt
>still skinny and have all my hair even though I'm 29
>dad will never kick me out

Even with the no job no work experience can't drive thing I could probably salvage my life somehow
>>
>>24626072
bright side of this is your thread's going to die out and maybe you'll kill yourself
that's what I'm hoping for anon

you and your shitty "femanon" shit
>>
>>24626156
I made this thread, not him.

Why are you so sour, anon.
>>
>loving family and sibling
>have experienced teenage love
>mid thirties and comfortable lifestyle
>make 55K
>live alone
>no debt
>no parasite gf (trainwrecks avoided successfully)
>food to eat
>pot to smoke
>no kids
>no worries

My only fear is that something will take these good feels away. That something would probably have a pussy.
>>
>>24625456
I'm the most dense piece of shit on the world.
Nobody likes me in any way, shape or form.
Nobody will ever like me in any way, shape or form.
I don't like me in any way, shape or form.
I'm incompetent at what is supposed tp become my job.
Have a shit personality, but don't know how to stop being trash.
>>
>>24625456
>i'm still relatively young (23)
>studying in capital of my country
>graduated with honors
>tall (6'4")
but besides that i'm screwed
>>
>>24626222
>nobody likes me in any way, shape or form
No even your family?
>>
its negative because its full of bitter failed normalfags
>>
>26
>have had reasonable sex and dating experience
>working full time in a job related to my college majors
>have some money saved up in the bank
>thin and healthy

I just come on here because I'm pretty asocial otherwise, I have no friends or gf currently
>>
I can run long distances and am close to my goal of a half marathon. This time next year I bet I'll be up for a full marathon.
>>
>>24626199
I'm sick of you normalfasg fucking around with our board here
just get the fuck out, stop trying to mold board culture or whatever the fuck this shit is, just get out and stay out
>>
>>24626310
Good going. Running's a great way to keep the depression away.

>>24626312
>trying to create a self-contained island of positivity is trying to mold board culture
You're trying but it's just not good enough anon.
>>
>>24626312
You are a few years too late
>>
>>24626261
Not sincerely, no.
I think the only reason my parents still support me is because I'm their son.

The people that think they like me (which is very few) just don't really know me well enough.
I'm the epitome of human trash so it's logical.
>>
>>24625456
fuck off Normie with your positivtiy shit
please.
>>
>>24625983
just listen to the rhythm of my heart
>>
>>24626479
>only reason my parents still support me is because I'm their son
I know that feeling. I used to hate it, too, because like you said it's unearned. I'm trying to see it in a more positive light recently though, thinking that unconditional love is something to appreciate.

I don't know. I mean ultimately isn't that what all 'love' is supposed to be? Isn't it someone appreciating you for you, unconditionally, regardless of what you've accomplished?

I don't know. I'm just trying to be positive.
>>
File: CDcqfopUIAEAhXf.jpg (30 KB, 600x728) Image search: [Google]
CDcqfopUIAEAhXf.jpg
30 KB, 600x728
>>24625456
> I have lots of room for improvement

But I won't improve. In a few years I'll hit the 30 years mark. I'll just cry about my wasted 20s like I do about my teenage years today.
>>
>one chance at life
>be born as a genetic failure

No room for positivity here, fuck off to lebbit
>>
>Kissed a girl multiple times
>Younger than 30

>>24625456
>one chance at life

Literal put me in a foetal position.
>>
>>24626576
Do you ever just think about taking it one day at a time?
>>
>>24625456
Nothing. I'm trying, anon, I really am, but I can't think of anything that's gone well for me. Unless you count the most basic of things like having food and water.
>>
>>24626631
>nothing
Maybe that just means you have more potential for growth.
>>
I have the greatest family anyone could ask for

There are many other things I'm grateful for but none gets even close to this. I'm genuinely sorry for those who have shitty families. You will never understand what it means to live FOR your family, willingly, of course.
>>
File: goodshit.jpg (209 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
goodshit.jpg
209 KB, 1600x1200
>I have an infinite amount of potential
>If I pick up a new skill and practice dilligently, I will eventually be able to call myself skilled at it
>Be it playing an instrument, getting good at a videogame or becoming more comfortable with social situations, I am always improving and am better than I was a week ago
>>
I'm glad I'm not homeless and hungry.

Still autistic, though...
>>
>>24625456
>I only have minor mental disabilities
>I'm 5'2, so at least I'm not 5'1
>People keep telling me I'm intelligent, so it should be true
>I use anomity more often than courage, that saves me embarrassment

This type of thinking is silly.
Face the facts.
>>
>>24626622
It's no use. Because today is just like yesterday. And tomorrow will be the same as today. Even if I make plans, I don't execute them. I'm lazy, coward and quite dumb. I can't change. And if I can't change, things around me will only slowly get worse until the day I die.
>>
>>24626773
You have the capacity to change if you want to. Instead of putting off tomorrow, do it today. Go for a walk, or if you've agoraphobia or it's cold or something just pick up a book.

Just do something to disturb the normalcy that you've settled into and do it now.
>>
People here are either lying to themselves or are normies in denial.

>>24626766

This tbqh.
>>
>>24626773
I get the feeling you've tried before and have only been able to keep improvements up for a short while before falling back into a slump

What you haven't been recognizing is that each of these attempts is ever so slightly longer than the last
>>
>>24626766
>this type of thinking is silly
>face the facts
I've no response to this but at the same time I really don't want to accept it.
>>
>>24625456
i got 'lucky' and got a horrendously boring office job out of university. so i have some shit to put on my cv, at least. ive been going to the gym and ive been constantly reminding myself to be my own best friend, as opposed to number one critic, and its actually starting to become habit now.

i know i have a lot to give, and i know im a top bloke. i KNOW that. i just need to meet people.. fuck. same group of friends (all male) who just do drugs and get drunk. its getting old.
>>
>>24626138
how in the fuck do you have 50k in savings and no debt if you have no job or work experience?
>>
I was born on a rich family with excellent contacts, so I can live a comfortable NEET life.
>>
>>24626563
love is gone, these days. for the most people.

people just want to use each other. if someone loves their s/o these days it basically means they provide something for them be it money entertainment or sex or distraction from how fucking depressed they are inside.
>>
>>24627072
>it basically means they provide something for them be it money entertainment or sex or distraction from how fucking depressed they are inside.
Not all of those are bad things though. What's wrong with just appreciating someone's company?

What do you think love is, by the way?
>>
I recently realized that I've been way too hard on myself and I'm actually not that bad with people.
>>
File: 1447329982076.jpg (422 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1447329982076.jpg
422 KB, 800x800
>>24625456
>my family loves me
>parents are frugal and live well as a result
>I'm not in debt
>I'm highly educated
>I have friends I could get to hangout with me if I actually wanted to
>I'm good at faking being friendly to people I hate which is all normies
>I lived in a different country and honoured the year long contract despite misery
>I'm still young
>I have family that supports me
>I've recovered from an eating disorder
>I graduated with 90% despite how many people thought I didn't deserve to be there because of my illness

Maybe life isn't so bad, after all.
>>
>>24626301
You're doing pretty well for yourself m8

Congrats for beating the rest of us.
>>
>>24627154
wanting to make their life easier, brighter, or whatever. wanting to see them grow confidence in themselves and be whoever they want to.

not just being glad they provide x.

maybe im just a faggot. but most relationships i hear about are just depressing as fuck.
>>
>>24627072
> if someone loves their s/o these days it basically means they provide something for them

why can't marriage just go back to being property negotiations/transactions and not all this lovey dovey tripe?

maybe people would fucking respect their husbands and wives more.
>>
File: 1445301018151.jpg (160 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445301018151.jpg
160 KB, 1920x1080
>>24627030
I've had the same problem, anon.

What helped me was deciding to be selfish and to tell the normies to fuck off in my head, and if I get nervous or start caring to say "they're a bunch of fucking normies, what the fuck do I care what they think? I hate them and they hate me." and it helps. I've become more spiteful and more cynical but it helps me in live life in a way that I find enjoyable. I don't care what they think. I hate them. Fuck the normies and their judgements and their desire to do something every single Friday night for social convention.
>>
Bump for more positivity.
>>
File: 1445301094886.jpg (22 KB, 200x176) Image search: [Google]
1445301094886.jpg
22 KB, 200x176
>>24628399
Is this picture positive enough for you, OP?
>>
>>24625456

Fuck off. Reddit and tumblr are great hugboxes for your type.
>>
File: 1438558159796.jpg (62 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1438558159796.jpg
62 KB, 500x400
>>24628686
It's not bad. I think we can do better though.
>>
File: 1446065814267.jpg (41 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1446065814267.jpg
41 KB, 480x640
>>24628804
Will do.

This place needs more happiness in it so robots can get outta their funk.
>>
File: 2HAT.png (69 KB, 186x283) Image search: [Google]
2HAT.png
69 KB, 186x283
>>24628839
I was about to go to bed but I'll try and help for a while.
>>
File: 1448119636106.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1448119636106.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>24628882
Thanks brobot!

It's so easy to get down on ourselves when we've got it good.
>>
File: angelplsdontgo.jpg (29 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
angelplsdontgo.jpg
29 KB, 460x276
don't give up now

you know it's never been easy
>>
File: attackcat.jpg (169 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
attackcat.jpg
169 KB, 640x640
Listen to the kitty.
>>
File: sam pepe.jpg (116 KB, 781x594) Image search: [Google]
sam pepe.jpg
116 KB, 781x594
What have you got to lose, robots?

Why not try?
>>
File: touhou_koishi_sheep_petting.png (143 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
touhou_koishi_sheep_petting.png
143 KB, 500x500
I'm a queer little kike that's fucked his entire his gay little life over. What's the most painless and gayest way to kill myself.
>>
>>24629142
>what do you have to lose
My money, my apartment, my freedom, my sanity and my life.
>>
File: 1447970690139.gif (2 MB, 355x275) Image search: [Google]
1447970690139.gif
2 MB, 355x275
>>24629273
Sodomy.

Alternatively you could stay alive and be as happy as this dog.
>>
File: pocket squirrel.png (235 KB, 525x438) Image search: [Google]
pocket squirrel.png
235 KB, 525x438
>>24629351
You'd lose those things if you tried to make yourself a better person?
>>
>I'm lucky enough to have a functional body and to have talents.
>I can feel love, and that's the only reason I'm still alive.
>Despite how tough and lonely it's been, being a little different has given me a unique experience, and I'm grateful for that.
>I have a wonderful family. What with losing my mom, the two divorces, and having a broken-as-fuck nuclear family in general, it's easy to overlook that. I wouldn't have made it through if I didn't have grandparents and aunts and cousins and two stepsisters. My sisters both lost their dads, and they're only half-sisters by blood. The fact that we all came together for each other instead of growing up only children with that background makes me glad.
>I have a massive network of wonderful cousins, and I'm the only boy in like two generations, so I'm just surrounded on all sides by girls. I have two wonderful sisters who I cherish and adore. I have a grandma who used to read me to sleep and put my clothes in the dryer on cold mornings. I had a lot of REALLY close female friends growing up. It's like life went out of its way to shower me in fantastic girls to keep me from hating women after losing my mom and having an evil stepmother.
>I'm in my early 20's, and my grandparents are still around. I'm glad for that. Lots of folks aren't so lucky.
>My dog's 17 and she's still around. I was able to see her over Thanksgiving. I'm glad for that.
>I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of really wonderful and interesting people and to grow by them.
>My aunt is one of the most wonderful human beings I've ever met. I'm glad she's still around. I'm glad she beat cancer. I'm glad my cousin still has a mom. I'm glad I still have an aunt, and I'm glad that my family and the world still have her.
>I'm glad that my grandpa survived that stroke AND cancer.
>I'm glad my dad lived through that stroke and that episode with his blood sugar.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 540x960
>>24625969
Fuck off, there are robots, who have to do stuff for food, internet and their shitty flat, so I apriciate every effort... Thanks OP.
>>
I gave blood last week, hopefully it'll go to somebody else who still has the ability to live out a fulfilling life.
>>
>>24625969
>>24626009
>>24626024
>>24626222
>>24626314
>Dude negativism lol
You can just hide the thred if you dont like it, i bet there is a better one out there with frogs and lots of (you)s....
>>
>>24629623
>I'm glad that my sister survived her birth. I'm glad that somehow she's able to live and grow without that part of her brain. I'm glad that she was able to get the surgeries, and I'm glad that they were successful. I'm glad for the miracle of modern medicine and people who become doctors. I'm glad I was fortunate enough that she lives and I was able to meet and grow up with her.
>I'm glad for my own birth, and for my mom. I'm grateful for my mom's fight and her sacrifice the day I was born. I know she gave her soul to me so that I could pull through and draw breath. I feel like it's still only by her strength and her love and her blood in my veins that I go on sometimes, and even without her, I still feel somehow like I've always had her with me and could always feel her warmth, and I'm grateful for that.
>I'm glad to have loved intensely and deeply and to have shared my life and myself with someone, even if it did hurt in the end.
>I'm glad for every time I've been lucky enough to pull through. I'm glad that I didn't drown that one day at the beach, and that I didn't lose my cousin that day, either. I'm glad that we made it out of that fire. I'm glad none of those bullets hit me. I'm glad that I didn't plunge to my death. I'm glad that I kept the strength to breathe and for my heart to keep on struggling all those tough nights. I'm glad the adrenaline gave me the strength to win against that boxer and that pit bull. I'm glad that massive blood loss hasn't killed me.
>I'm glad that the lady I hit with my car was okay.
>I'm glad for every hardship and hurt that made me stronger or more noble or more compassionate.
>Scholarships and financial aid.
>I'm glad for every small act of beauty or kidness or love or just being a chill person that taught me to not be a total asshole.

>>24629840
You're the kind of person the world needs. Giving blood and tissue is a fantastic and worthwhile thing to do.
>>
>>24625969
Spot the failed normie. Envious of all the other normalfags enjoying themselves?
>>
File: 1419788265078.jpg (480 KB, 1326x860) Image search: [Google]
1419788265078.jpg
480 KB, 1326x860
>>24625456
Anyone this happy about life can fuck off my board
>>
Although love ends, it's nice while it lasts
>>
I'm greatful im not dead.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.