[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever been homeless? I might become homeless soon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1436862943197.jpg (88 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1436862943197.jpg
88 KB, 768x768
Has anyone here ever been homeless? I might become homeless soon so I was wondering what I should know. Anything you guys can tell me?
>>
>>24591113
Why? Why would you want to do that? What issue are you having and maybe instead of you going homeless we can help you with fixing your issue.
>>
>>24591113
Learn to do tricks, you'll need'em.
>>
>>24591172
My parents and I hate each other and it's highly likely they will kick me out soon. Getting along is not really possible at this point.
>>
>>24591245
You should take up heavy drinking. It's the only way I know of to avoid becoming homeless.
>>
>>24591245
Get a job you lazy cunt.
>>
>>24591113
You should check out >>24588366.
>>
>>24591113
Learn to adapt. Sleeping on a cement surface goes from "uncomfortable" to "a lot better than sleeping on gravel". Learning to appreciate things makes being homeless a lot more bearable.

Look for shelters in your area, get a library card. It's not uncommon for students to call asleep while studying. Grab reference books and go face down.

My first night being homeless in NYC, I was given a lifesaving tip: find a way to take a shower as often as possible, and don't skip a good haircut, even for food.

The idea being, if nobody knows you're homeless, they are a lot more likely to do you favors.
>>
>>24591920
Re the haircut (and shower thing) a lot of hairdressers and hairdressing schools need people to practice on, and this is often free or cheap because its at cost. So if you can keep showered and maintain the appearance that you are normie or just poor rather than fully homeless, you could probably do that. Some homeless shelters and kitchens also do free hairdressing sessions sometimes too to keep people looking neat
>>
>>24591920
>The idea being, if nobody knows you're homeless, they are a lot more likely to do you favors.
Sounds smart.
You can even get a job being homeless and nobody would even consider the possibility.
>>
>>24592146
OP must shower well. If he gets lice, the hairdressers aren't allowed to cut his hair for obvious public health reasons.
>>
I was homeless for three weeks in HS because my Dad kicked me out and my mom lived in the other side of the Country.

I dumpster dove and slept next to this creek that ran under an elevated road. It was in the Chicago suburbs there are no other homeless people so I was all alone thank god.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.