[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ in its prime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 182x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 182x183
Everybody likes to complain how shitty this board is these days.

>normies
>Reddit
>trap threads

So when was Robot9000's best days? Was there a year? Or a specif event that marks the high point?
>>
it's all a legend
>>
May 23 2014
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png (22 KB, 866x446) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png
22 KB, 866x446
Pre-2014.
>>
>>24296216

>implying this isn't the prime

Dealwithitreerees
>>
>>24296216
/r9k/'s best days were when it was brand new and it had this strange notion of being "A cut above" /b/. People called each other Gentlemen, Robots, or Lu/r9k/ers.

Things went downhill when people realized the best way around the world filter was to talk about your own stupid bullshit boring life, because it turns out everybody's life is pretty unique.
>>
Last year before poo poo pee pee it was way better. That was the breaking point for me. I used to not like it before it died for the first time, though.
>>
i've been here since the board first opened. the board was a lot more "innocent". people here invented the pokedads meme. my favorite period was when people used to tell stories. people would tell some really crazy stories.. like some dude who claimed he raped his dad in a boat while they were stranded
>>
File: 730.png (454 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
730.png
454 KB, 600x450
>>24296216
>Normies have their own book
>Reddit has their own board
>traps have their own board and tumblr
>and they all came here to shitpost

How come janitors allow this atrocity?
>>
>>24296578
They're not getting paid enough.
>>
Before all the faggots started having their pity parties here
>>
>>24296588
>mods on reddit arent being paid at all
>they still get a better job done than the mods in r9k

i wonder where's the really shitty board at
>>
>>24296363
What's with the small spike in 2011.
>>
>>24296667
i meant janitors
>>
>>24296216
The time before half the robots openly became kek fetishists
>>
>>24296578
All that is better than
>tfw no gf
>i hate all women/all women are sluts
>why cant i be normal
>reeeeee normie(s) die
>hurrr durrr you work
>hurrr durrr my life sucks i just browse 4chan all day
>i hate everyone that isnt a touchless hermit like me
>i wish i wasnt a touchless hermit
etc etc.
>>
>>24296678
That's when jewt deleted /r9k/.
>>
It was like /b/ when it was good
>>
/r9k/ was created to give OC a safe space from memetic shitposting, which is why it had the robot. In the old days there were threads filled entirely with greentext stories. People said "epic" unironically and referred to themselves as gentlemen. The stories about being awkward, dropping spaghetti, and being rejected slowly took on an angrier tone, and the introduction of "Wojak" and "Sad Pepe" lead to a proliferation of feelposting, culminating in the board destroying line >tfw no gf. moot deleted the board. When it came back, it returned as a caricature of itself, more bitter and misogynistic than ever. It was very angry for a while, but slowly the most depressed and hateful posters left for wizardchan and /r9k/ became more capable of poking fun at itself. Smug Pepe emerged and this lead to a slew of original content, beginning with manchild stories, then POO POO PEE PEE, then good boy points and tendies and all the other garbage. This drew the attention of reddit and /b/ that this place was a haven for dank memery, not a sewer of sad, depressing greentext stories and bitter virgins who told you to fuck off if you mentioned having a girlfriend. There has always been a decent amount of shitposting, but suddenly the entire board went nuclear. Threads started sliding off the catalog about twice as quickly and the posting quality dropped dramatically. Now, the board is pretty much a tamer mixture of /soc/ and /b/. We don't know where all the feelfags went, wizardchan is even more hostile to them.

For /r9k/, there have been three eras.

The Gentlemen Era: 2008 - 2011
The Feels Era: 2012 - 2014
The Normie Era: 2015 - 20??
>>
>>24296245
it's true

all of it
>>
>>24296760
>The Normie Era: 2015 - 20??
*22??
Fixed that for you
>>
>>24296760
>misogynistic
>problematic
>triggering

Normie please
>>
File: 1371339582604.png (84 KB, 1299x610) Image search: [Google]
1371339582604.png
84 KB, 1299x610
>>24296216
All the hilarious stories

I wish I saved them all
>>
>>24296760
>culminating in the board destroying line >tfw no gf

The real board destroying line was "how can you love a girl that has had cum on her face." With that this board sunk so fucking low. There was a point in this board's history that it was revealed the majority of threads were reposted again and again every single day by a bot. Original threads quickly sunk, because the bot posts were being artificially bumped. This probably still goes on to this day, it's just that the people on this board's posts are indistinguishable from those bot posts at this point. It's an echo chamber of whining and unoriginal thoughts, follow the leader bullshit.

My message to anyone on this board, I don't give a fuck what your political opinion is, don't be afraid to speak out and disagree with your peers on some issues. Forget redpill and bluepill, don't swallow any fucking pill, come up with your own opinions and don't be afraid to tell someone when you think theirs is fucking retarded. That's what will make this board better.
>>
>>24296906
Those threads are also pretty fucking terrible. So are the threads where people roleplay as women; picture of a cute girl, possibly getting railed, accompanied with ">I'm so glad you don't care about my past, anon!" or ">I saved room for you on the couch! Want to sit with me?". /r9k/ has had terrible cancer for a long time. Still, I felt like back in 2013 most of the people here were people I would like to talk to. That changed a lot.

>>24296864
Are you seriously denying /r9k/ was misogynist? You don't have to be a white knight to realize that. I hate women and I know /r9k/ was misogynist.
>>
>>24296899
So much of the archive was lost.
>>
>>24297026
That stuff was at an all time high in 2011. I actually waged war against it after the whole Craig/bot thread shit was revealed. I spent one whole week manually spamming the feels, cum on face, etc threads. I would wake up in the morning and go to work and wouldn't stop until I went to sleep at night. I used a 3g modem, I would disconnect after a post and reconnect really fast to evade the time limit then I would hammer out a captcha.

An incredible thing happened after that, the board started to become a little self aware and people were more hostile to those kinds of threads. The usual bait was rendered completely useless. /r9k/ actually had a happy tone to it for a little while, it was the most bizarre thing you can imagine.

But whoever it is that dedicates his life to setting the tone of this board is not going to just give up that easy. I am sure he's still here doing what he does, likely reading this very thread. You can't deprive misery of the company it loves for too long.
>>
>>24297026
>Still, I felt like back in 2013 most of the people here were people I would like to talk to.
>tfw having actual arguments with people in 2013
I remember when it was easy to spend an entire day on /r9k/.
>>
What happened to necrofag? I haven't seen her in months.

>>24297201
It's funny. I hated the board back then because I wasted so much time on it, but as soon as it turned to shit I feel horribly nostalgic about it.

>>24297167
>But whoever it is that dedicates his life to setting the tone of this board is not going to just give up that easy
There are more than one spammer, unfortunately. I can't be the only person who noticed the Norwegian uke/seme faggot.
>>
our best days are the ones we feel the least
>>
>>24297321
do you ever know what happened to the guy who would post him feeding seagulls/birds at work? this was probably about 18 months ago and i haven't really been on much since ?
>>
>>24297321
Yeah I don't come here that often anymore. I go to /vr/, /pol/, /int/ and others instead. Sometimes I come here and argue with people and give them life advice with some stupid anecdotes from my life, but it's kinda rare now.

This board is far less shit now than it was in 2011 though, i don't think it could ever be that bad again. There's a kind of self awareness that was gained after those incidents that has remained ever since. Like before then everyone took the doctrine of /r9k/ deadly serious, now some people still do but they're mocked by others, even other robots at that. Things like mgtow and pua get torn apart and mocked the way they should. Doesn't stop people from believing in it always, but at least utter nonsense isn't constantly going unchecked.
>>
Tbh, I think the board is cancer right now. And not trying to go into the basis of the current robot community, nothing wrong with feels threads, depression threads etc. Its just so fucking sad to see bitter virgins putting all of their misery on some random stuff
>muh genetics
>muh mom wont let me
>chad always wins reeee
>dont wanna be a kek
and actually starting to BELIEVE in stuff like that their core problems in life are their genetics. No they're not, you're a fucking hermit by choice.
>>
File: 1434175570829.png (135 KB, 1130x346) Image search: [Google]
1434175570829.png
135 KB, 1130x346
>>24297396
If you're saying we don't notice the good days, I'm not sure if I agree with you. If you're saying feelfaggotry is the worst thing about the board, I definitely disagree with you. Hangdog stories were my favorite thing about /r9k/.

>>24297420
I have no idea.
>>
>>24297460
It was always like that anon, well at least since the feels era came around. I remember getting dumped by my online gf in like 09 or 10 and coming here and reading the friendzone threads and acting like a bitter faggot to her after that. Not a high point for me.
>>
>>24297460
being betas easy
>>
IMO, the absolute lowest point of this board was when it that one faggot was allowed to post: "I got a missed call from ya bitch" threads every six hours for 2 months straight.

Shit janitors mane
>>
>>24297420
Seagullbro was comfy as fuck. He made a thread to give out steamgames. Eventually he came back and said he switched jobs.
>>
>>24297532
Being alpha is just as easy though. Even though I can pinpoint parts in my life where /r9k/ made me act like a bitter loser it was reading some thread about "things betas do" or something like that that woke me up. It changed my life from then on out. I acted like kind of an asshole to some girls that weren't really giving me what I wanted at first, I think because I was kinda pissed at myself for the way I was acting before. After that I stopped with those stupid passive behaviors I always did when I was with girls, made a huge difference.

So yeah, thanks /r9k/.
>>
>>24296216
my fav was poopoo peepee autistic /r9k/ where everyone had an autistic persona
>>
>>24297460
>you're a fucking hermit by choice.
It's very painful to make friends if you don't have any and your primary socialization is something like /r9k/.

>>24297458
It's certainly less "redpill", and it's been more self aware. I think that's mostly because there are now more normalfags and a lot of people left for wizardchan. Altogether, I feel like it's also a bit more stupid than it used to be, but there are fewer crazies now.
>>
>>24297630
That's when the board was at its absolute worst.
>>
>>24297642
The absolute worst posters here are the ones that think this is wizardchan and the rules/mindset of that board apply here. Even at this board's lowest shittiest most hideous moment it was never that bad. I hope it never is either, because that board is fucking boring.
>>
>>24297574
Janitors hated /r9k/ after deletion. We get a little moderation now. It's ironic, everybody thought the shooter would get this board deleted, but in a way he saved it.
>>
>>24297609
i don't know if it's just as easy because you have to actively change your behavior and to some people that's core nature.
>>
>>24296216
r9k was best before everyone left to /sci/ and /lit/
>>
>>24297700
I half agree with you. Anybody whining about failed normies needs to fuck off back to wizchan where they can accuse each other of being /cow/. However, I can understand hating fembots who identify their gender. You can make a thread here that says, "I am a woman, ask me anything. I might not answer, but I will read your question" and you will probably get 100 replies.
>>
File: 4chan decay.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4chan decay.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
There are no better days, this board, all of 4chan, has always been shit
>>
>>24297642
I'm not saying it's easy, we're all having trouble and pain with something in our lives here, but the point is that instead of accepting it being painful and trying to do something about it, the trend is to blame it on something else you cant control so you have the alibi to do nothing all day.
>>24297532
Basically what I said to the anon.
Tho you'd have to argue if its easier to do nothing and feel like shit, or to try stuff which may fail but at the end you feel something
>>
>>24296550

holy fuck I remember that story!
>>
>>24297725
Betas have to change their behavior to seem masculine. Alphas do not. Women and Chad are the only people who truly get to b themselves.
>>
>>24297821
And gammas
>>
do you guys remember this one time when a guy posted a picture of a girl she was crushing on, like 3 years ago

and then someone digged up his school and family and his dad was some ambassador on some lil ass island and his name was asbjorn or some shit and we made oc and stuff from his photos

probably the best night on robot for me
>>
>>24297725
What made me change it was first being aware of it, then feeling a profound sense of embarrassment and guilt. That's how most of the changes in my life went down. I spent my childhood as a hopeless aspie, with no understanding of social cues or personal hygiene. That's how I ended up on the path to becoming a robot in the first place.

I don't think a lot of the people here can become like me because most of them are too busy trying to blame others for their failings rather than take a look at themselves. Instead of figuring it out they look to belong to something else, being a "robot" gives them some feeling of belonging that nobody ever else did and to them that's good enough.

>>24297768
Yeah that's one of my least favorite things on the board. The only reply that kind of thread should warrant is "who cares?" with a sage.
>>
File: 1354242859394.jpg (27 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1354242859394.jpg
27 KB, 400x299
The frogs and normies are generally new, but the self-loathing and misery has always been here. Overall board culture has changed very little.
>>
>>24297778
Imagine somebody gives a man a saw and says, "If you cut your hand off, I will give you two billion dollars." The man doesn't do it. Then, he is accused by people on the internet of, "Choosing to be poor instead of rich".

You are doing the same thing. You expect people to do something incredibly painful and anxiety provoking, and to willingly bury a lot of their personality, so they can live a better life. It's unfair of you to tell people they deserve this when you probably made friends somewhat easily growing up.
>>
>>24297821
That's stupid anon. Maybe it's hopeless if you have low t or some shit, but behavior is up to you. If you met my 20 year old self you'd think there's no hope for me and that I'd have killed myself by the time I made it to 23. If you met me now it's drastically different, I'll be 27 next month. Still a neet, still have the same hobbies, still mostly the same personality. But I don't scare off women, I don't want to kill myself, and I'm no longer a depressed mess who lets women walk all over him.
>>
File: watamote-character-design-06.jpg (86 KB, 1280x874) Image search: [Google]
watamote-character-design-06.jpg
86 KB, 1280x874
>>24296216
I think everything is OK
The robot is love
>>
The board was much better before "feels" was a word.

>>24296479
>>24296550

These.
>>
>>24297968
What you don't know is that at some point you start to crave that anxiety. It gives you an adrenaline rush, like when you get to the climax of a really good movie and you're way into it. But when you get to that point in your life you're so afraid to live that it feels like you're already dead. I know that feel anon.
>>
Can someone explain what the hell "poo poo pee pee" means?
>>
>>24297821
Being betas a lot about regarding what other people think about you. Disregarding what they think and doing what ever makes you happy (as long as it's not morally fucked up) ultimately makes people look up at you with just changing one aspect. You could also argue that this is letting people become even truer versions of themselves ( i know that's a bit contradictive ).
>>
>>24297976
If I've learned anything from psychiatric intervention, it's that our behavior is overwhelmingly determined by our neurochemistry. I never say a word, but give me 2mg of Abilify and I speak up fairly easily. Social interaction is not an area of choice; everybody is trying to be funny, everybody is trying to be likable, some are simply better at it than others. There are boring, repulsive, and unwanted people in the world. Normalfags have trouble accepting this.
>>
File: Flashing_box.gif (7 KB, 399x339) Image search: [Google]
Flashing_box.gif
7 KB, 399x339
>>24298041
RRRRrreeEEEEeeEEEeeEEEeeeee

>essentially it is meant to be terrible
>it was a deliberate scorched earth, poisoning the well act to deter redditors from stealing our memes
>"now mommy has to clean me"
>>
>>24297968
That isn't that much of an appropriate metaphor for that situation but okay, we will go with it.
Yes, if the discussion is who is poor and who is rich, the guy that didn't chop his hand off would be in a bad position. But he wouldn't be in a bad position just on the internet, he would be in a bad position in life, as he is poor.
Some people have it easier, some people have it harder. Someone was given a car to get 2 billion dollars, someone had to chop his hand off. But in the end mostly everybody does it, as with 2 billion dollars he can get a new hand desu gam
>>
>>24298111

oh, you mean the smiling grasshopper and his sad ghost friend?
>>
>>24298041
pepe poo poo pee pee. he poops on stuff and pees on stuff. look up peeing on teh normies clothes as laundry detergent, or pepe disabling droidikas by pissing and pooping on them. or pepe packing shotgun shells with shit so when wojak try kill himself he just gets poo on. see?
>>
>>24296363
This tbs (to be sincere)
Most boards were at their finest around 2010-2013 and atleast as far as I can remember, we had the most cross-board "wars" going on and other stupid shit which was incredibly fun. /jp/vs/b/, good times.
>>
>>24298051
>Disregarding what they think and doing what ever makes you happy (as long as it's not morally fucked up) ultimately makes people look up at you with just changing one aspect
Not really. When people demand that people be themselves, they ask that people try harder to present as if they aren't presenting. Overwhelmingly, normalfags care about seeming cool, appearing to be popular, looking like they have money. Hell, one of the biggest reasons lonely people are lonely is that people, especially women, are repulsed by loners. See
http://psp.sagepub.com/content/18/2/182.short

Almost everybody is a conformist of some sort, including the people on this board who blame their genetics for their problems.
>>
>>24296781
Heh. Underrated.
>>
>>24298051
Yeah you're very right. When it comes to women you have to stop treating every chance you get like it's going to be the only chance you ever get. Like if you fail with one of them somehow that's the end of the road. That's a bunch of shit, you could bomb on a date then find some girl online and have another date tomorrow that goes smooth. It doesn't even matter. All that matters is that you still have money to do it again.

>>24298089
Could you imagine what would happen if your brain did a total reset one day? Something happened to me about 5 years ago, I was suffering through the worst depression ever, I basically gave up and accepted that death was inevitable, I was ready to die. I just laid in my bed in horrible emotional pain and accepted it, gave up.

After this I experienced what could be described as an "ego death", many things happened but since then I haven't experienced my horrible manic depression again. I'm not a normalfag or something, I still retained my core personality, but all those fucked up tenancies were gone.
>>
there was an anon this year who said he was selected for one of those talk shows about family problems, the tape that does dna tests for black couples...
He was pretending to be a mega autistic memer, r9k embodiment. He said they would shoot the episode in october and it would air still in 2015...
He posted many threads during this year... Never now how that went...
Anybidy remember that?
>>
File: 1416440048112.png (219 KB, 1199x444) Image search: [Google]
1416440048112.png
219 KB, 1199x444
>>24298206
>Could you imagine what would happen if your brain did a total reset one day?
In some ways. Why are you asking? Why are you implying I should wait for something to change? Nothing will.
>>
>>24298200
i get where you're coming from when you say
>Not really. When people demand that people be themselves, they ask that people try harder to present as if they aren't presenting

people who actively try and appear cool or like they have more money then have are ultimately just attracting people who are fake ( yes to some degree we're all fake ) and they can go circle jerk with themselves on their own social group. For example people on social media put way to much effort into take the perfect picture so that people know how good their lives are but realistically they're just as happy as someone else doing similar shit in life but don't really need to social acceptance/attention/approval of their peers on #likemybutthole

>Almost everybody is a conformist of some sort, including the people on this board who blame their genetics for their problems.

This i completely agree with.

People who are truly lonely by all means give off physical appearances of being a "beta" as such but by disregarding what people think you start to hold your self in a higher regard because you don't need the social acceptance of the people around. People naturally orientate themselves around people who do this.

> Easiest way to make friends is get someone talking about what they're passionate about and pretending like you care....
>>
>>24298206
If you embrace failure (as in you try and learn from it and keep going). That's probably one of the greatest achievements people can make
>>
>>24298431
Something would have to trigger it. I read some hypothesis somewhere about the possible evolutionary reason for the existence of depression, something like young men in tribes trying to challenge the elder men then going to cry in the corner like a little bitch for awhile, then coming back stronger after the experience.

It really makes me wonder if what I experienced is what is supposed to happen. Letting it overwhelm me, completely consume me, then coming out of that trauma feeling almost as if I was reborn.

Whatever it was I wish I knew how to help others to experience what I experienced. Maybe recreational drugs are the answer.
>>
>>24298609
I wholeheartedly agree. If you can't accept failure how can you expect to ever find success?
>>
>>24298431

>the oil fields

wtf
>>
http://imgur.com/gallery/RBhms
>>
It was "good" for like two weeks after they added it.
It was my preferred flavor of shit about three years ago.
>>
>>24298785
>I don't like 4chan because there's no way to look at posts by newest first
What an annoying fag. I hate when people all have the same knee jerk response without reading a thread all the way through.
>>
>tfw you rock a thread so hard you wish there were poster IDs so people would be amazed by you and ask to be your friend on Steam
>>
I'm so tired of coming here.
>>
> who wants the good old times back?
o/ o/ o/

> who want to change to do this?
o o o
>>
Are trap threads deleted? I know mods used to delete them, but what about now?
>>
In its very early incarnation, likely 2008 to when >>24297735 described.

What really gets me is that there are normalfags that will shitpost on this board and call anyone who disagrees a newfag but they genuinely don't know that /r9k/ has already been deleted once, and this current state is /r9k/ 2.0.
>>
>>24299924
Kill yourself. There are good posters here, they're just drowned out by people who reply to >>24296866
>>
You guys realize "Feels" is a meme you stole from tumblr, right?
>>
File: la-et-ms-brian-wilson-20150404.jpg (562 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
la-et-ms-brian-wilson-20150404.jpg
562 KB, 2048x1365
>>24300230
No I don't realize this.
>>
>>24300230
Is this a troll or dumb?
>>
File: 04a.gif (1 MB, 500x588) Image search: [Google]
04a.gif
1 MB, 500x588
>>24300230
While it is correct that feels comes from a short gif, it's not in fact from Tumblr. It's from Roflfazzi, one of the Cheezburger Network's sub sites.
>>
Best era of r9k was manchild stories -> poo poo pee pee -> tendie posting. IT went downhill when pepe went mainstream, and all the reddit and tumblr fags fucked everything up. The nail in the coffin was the oregon shooting.
>>
The privilege threads were the best of r9k for sure. That was like early 2012.
>>
>>24296386
Pretty much this, OP. You're living in it's prime, the golden age ended with the robot coming back, though.
>>
>>24300936
Horrible fucking opinion
>>
File: 1395716319779.jpg (354 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
1395716319779.jpg
354 KB, 1296x968
Do you remember me, /r9k/?
>>
>>24300936
That was the worse era of this board. And don't forget that the tendie posting and GBPs are what brought the Reddit faggots here in the first place.
>>
>>24297321
Necrofag's alive.
She posts all the time, just without a trip. She prefers 8ch, though. She's on a bunch of antipsychotics and living with her gf.
Her life is pretty boring right now.
>>
>>24296899
>tard stories
Oh God those were the best.
My mom worked with autistic kids at an elementary school for like six years, and I have a bunch of stories.

Also, interesting history threads were the best, but we've at least got /his/ now.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.