[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>dishwashing job >3-5 years experience required >must
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: 1433471822188.jpg (68 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1433471822188.jpg
68 KB, 668x712
>dishwashing job
>3-5 years experience required
>must have WHMIS training to work with cleaning chemicals
>must be fluent in english and spanish
>$7.25/hour
>>
File: 143723801197.png (5 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
143723801197.png
5 KB, 238x212
>walk into business
>100% of the staff is women
jobs dont exist for single men.
>>
Wtf kitchen job were you applying for?
>>
>>24070320
What nigger made theses requirements?
>>
>>24070320
Oh fuck off dude I got a dish job the day I asked for it
>>
File: 1440814907049.jpg (7 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1440814907049.jpg
7 KB, 228x221
>Sandwich Artist at Subway
>Must have 5 years work experience
>Must have a Bachelor's of Arts degree
>Must have visited 5 international museums of Art
>Must be certified by the International Food Handling Organization (Master+ Certification)
>Must have 5 references, 2 from which must be former sandwich artists

>$8.10 an hour for the first 6 months, $8.30 if you pass inspection
>Opportunities to move up and manage a Subway store with a Masters of Art degree and confirmed 3000 made sandwiches.
>>
>>24070320
>must be fluent in spanish

Everyone worries about islam and north koreans, but this shit...this shit.....is actually real.

Spanish is going to become the primarylanguage for the USA.
>>
Mate those aren't literally requirements. That's their ideal.
>>
>>24070591
>confirmed 3000 made sandwiches
topkuk
>>
>>24070320

>must be fluent in english and spanish

And people say Trump isn't necessary, just wait until english becomes optional.
>>
>>24070320
Welcome to reality it's not you're fault. Anybody who don't see a problem with this is living in la la land. Any moron can wash dishes
even with the smallest amount of being shown how can. I don't care who you are dishing washing needs nothing.
>>
>>24070591
>confirmed 3000 made sandwiches

Kek.
>>
>>24070591
>>Sandwich Artist
WTF IS THAT!? ARE WE MAKING SHIT UP NOW!? THIS WORLD IS SHIT.
>>
>>24070320
My buddy just got a dishwashing job that pays 10.40/hour and he's done nothing but be a deli sandwich maker for 2 years.
>>
File: 1424370746541.jpg (13 KB, 380x392) Image search: [Google]
1424370746541.jpg
13 KB, 380x392
>>24070591

>"So Mr Anon how has Dali influenced you personally"
>"um..I'm really not sure, I thought I was just going to be making sandwiches. I used to work at..."
>"and that concludes the interview. Don't call us, we'll uh...call you"

I knew I should have applied at Wendy's instead.
>>
>front desk at motel
>haven't had a job more than 8 months
>$13.25/hour

typing this from work...hi friends!
>>
>application for gf
>must have 5 years gf experience
>must have at least 3 references from former gfs
>explain any gaps between gfs
>at least 6' tall
>>
>>24070705
more like-
>HR Guy:how do I keep my job?
>Other HR Guy:make it look like you're worth the money they are paying you by writing bullshit
>HR woman boss:How do you think HR has existed for so long? This is the only thing we have.
>>
>work as driving instructor
>sit in car and talk to high schoolers while occasionally pressing the brakes
>$15 an hour, soon to make $18
Problem niggers?
>>
>be me
>fifth year senior, don't have degree
>studying neuroscience
>bullshit my resume
>get an interview with Google

I don't even know what to do. I've never wanted to work for Google and I don't think it's the sort of place I'd want to stay for a long while. But everybody I know keeps telling me that it's an amazing opportunity and will look great on my resume, despite the fact they don't pay too well and I've never wanted to be a wageslave in the typical sense of the word.

FML. Why do I have to care what other people think, I'd rather just live in the woods than deal with all this bullshit.
>>
I get paid 15.00 an hour at Aspen ski co washing dishes. Losrs. And I gets free season ski pass
>>
>janitor job at night
>must have impeccable interpersonal skills
>phd in mop handling with bucket theory
>$8 an hour
>>
>>24070852

Scrub harder wagecvck

anther hour another stack of my plates.
>>
>>24070844
It takes a lot of money to live innawoods.
They want a slave, you act as a slave for them and you get a gold star on your resume FOR YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.
You're a stupid nigger not even going for it. Just bullshit everything. Lying is a valuable skill in society, no one wants to admit it though. Just lie, lie, lie some more and you'll be rewarded ceaselessly.
>>
>>24070891
>bucket theory
What!? this world is failing apart.
>>
>>24070904

Also it's good to make friends in the same field for the sole purpose of having people to lie on your behalf.
>>
>>24070904

English please.
>>
File: cooking-schools.jpg (20 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
cooking-schools.jpg
20 KB, 300x400
>>24070320
Op this is how you land a kitchen job.

Aplly to several places
When you get a call back or interview

1. Be clean well grommed/dressed you don't have to be fancy just tidy.

2. Be honest about your experience
>tfw line cook tell me they have 1 yr+ work experience
>tfw they have no markings/scars on hands or forearms

I will automatically dismiss someone from an interview at this point

If you have no experience tell them you want to learn, you will work hard and always be on time.

Keep 2 forms of identification on your person ie drivers license, state ID, ss card or birth certficate. If you have a passport keep that on your person. This is for the I9 form 2 forms of ID or passport.

This shows you are prepared.

When you apply make sure you have a current food handlers permit they are 10-15$ depending on the state/county

They will ask you if you have this in the interview technically you don't need it until 30-90 days after hire date (depending on state)

Again shows you are serious and prepared

If you land a job with a real Chef in charge here's how you rank up/get a raise

1. Be 15 min early for your shifts DO NOT BE LATE
2. Be prepared
3. Never lie to them no matter what you have fucked up own up to your mistakes. Nothing will pissed a chef off more than being lied to.

4. Do not call in unless it is major league serious and if you are really sick you try to find someone to cover your shift.

Other than that put your head down and bust your ass. Once you have mastered your starting position use and free time once you have once your work is completed to learn about other stations. If you do this you will move up in rank and pay quick.
>>
>>24071094

>doing all this to make minimum wage

lol
>>
>>24071363
Not worth it. All i wanna do is wash dishes not my problem they want experience for entry level bullshit.
>>
>>24071363
I don't pay my guys minimum to start even the ones with no experience.

Don't agree to a job that would do that to you. If you have no experience expect 1$ more than min.

Also welcome do adult hood it's not hee haw and the fuck around gang. If you put in zero effort you won't get dick.
>>
I used to work as a dishwasher in a Chinese restaurant and a Mexican restaurant worst jobs in the world rather be a Neet
>>
>>24071363

>implying that "all that" is some sort of herculean task.
>>
>>24071428
>If you put in zero effort you won't get dick.

Unless you're a chef in some 5 star restaurant or a private chef for some rich fuck you still won't get dick.
>>
>>24071428
>Not giving no experience a chance
>needling experience for entry level
I'll bitch as hard as i like champ. Don't matter NEETBUX route i went fuck you i gave you a chance ya blew it. Now get to work and pay my bills.
>>
>>24071515
No reason you can't work for that if you wanted. I spent my first year in dish pit. Once I made line the pay got better the work was more challenging. I kept learning everything I could and worked my way up. I make an awesome salary now with bonus. I can build whatever I want on menu it's my show but I earned it. No chef worth a shit has never done dish pit work. Your restaurant is only as good as your dish crew they deserve as much respect as linesmen, sous & chefs.
>>
>>24071436
>>24071428

I'm not an autistic NEET. I run operations for a transportation logistics company and occasionally interview and hire candidates. Most of our employees are truck drivers, and the majority of them earn upwards of $60,000 per year pre-tax. I also have my own business and do independent contracting and consulting for for student and corporate projects.

That doesn't mean I can't laugh at how seriously you're expecting somebody to take their job as a fucking line chef.
>>
>>24071562
Most of the staff I run were totally green or had little experience. If you take someone with a good work ethic, teach them a skill and give them the tools to suceed you build allegiance.

This is key to a strong kitchen crew they depend on one another and will follow orders.

It's a give and take as a chef you have to be firm but fair, set clear bounderies/guidelines and actively work on their development plans.
>>
>>24071598

Should take their job seriously if they have any hope of ever advancing.
>>
>>24071598
It's a fucking business it is serious.

I don't believe you run or own shit if you don't get that basic concept.
>>
File: 1374924456018.gif (1 MB, 175x150) Image search: [Google]
1374924456018.gif
1 MB, 175x150
Should have went STEM, plebs
>mfw $300k starting any job I want easily
>>
>>24071844

Uh-huh.

I didn't tell you that you should hire a person with no experience or accept every walk-in who happens your way. What I did say is that I find it slightly comical that a person working a miserable job for miserable pay is expected to take the situation so seriously.

I worked as a delivery driver in college. I was an absolute pain in the ass for my bosses, refused to pick up extra shifts without incentive, and didn't do much more than my job description unless I was explicitly asked. Regardless, I was respected by my employers because I was completely honest about my intentions - I didn't hassle anyone, flatter them, or pretend that I was there for anything more than a paycheck. I never lied about my mistakes and shortcomings. Somehow I always managed to take out a greater volume of orders than any of my coworkers, consistently, despite being the only person who drove the speed limit, obeyed traffic laws, and walked around instead of running like a maniac. I may not have been universally liked, popular, or professional, but I was the best-performing and most reliable employee there right up until I quit.

I can understand that I wasn't an ideal employee. I completely get where you're coming from. I've had a ton of laughable interviews where the person I was considering for employment was so hilariously unprofessional that they're still the butt of jokes.

Doesn't mean I can't see some humor in a person throwing on a suit and tie and having to compete against other candidates for a position that pays shit and requires virtually no qualifications.
>>
>>24071428
>Also welcome do adult hood it's not hee haw and the fuck around gang.
Sure it is, you just don't know it.
>If you put in zero effort you won't get dick.
Tell that to all the autists getting NEETbux.
>>
>Thinking about getting job
>Leaving my NEET cave for the first time
>Look for jobs online and local
>Look at job description
>years of experience required
>Back to my NEET cave
>>
>have very 3 close friends in highschool
>all of us relatively geeky nerdy types
>we all played counterstrike and WoW together.
>pwnd their asses hard in counterstrike. was the first to hit lvl 70 in wow by like a month and we all started at the same time
>was the first one to have GF
>All three went to college for engineering.
>One works for microsoft
>one works for google
>dunno what third one works for, but he studied automotive engineering in europe

Meanwhile.......
>dropped out of highschool senior year
>live in moms basement for a few years.
>get GED and go to shitty college to keep them from kicking me out.
>they kick me out 2 years into college anyways
>drop out

Now I'm just collecting mah checks and living the sweet life playing wow and LoL and watching anime all day. Joke's on them. I bet none of those fuckers are diamond 1 in league. Fucking losers.
>>
>>24071363
>started for minimum wage
>worked hard for two years
>make $18 an hour as a cook
>Had 3 years cooking experience prior and I still started at minimum
>job was open to people with 0 experience
>another cook who got his job right after me now also makes $18 an hour
>he had 0 related experience

Try not being a lazy shitcunt.

>>24071094
Basically. But I've worked in and out of kitchens for years and have 0 visible scaring on my hands and forearms. Just sayin.
>>
>>24070904
>money
>innawoods
pick one.

If you're gonna go fucking mountain man you do it. You literally need NO money to live innawoods. Humanity put up with that life for thousands of years you can too for 100 if you want. Fucking real life minecraft your way to a log cabin in the middle of nowhere and fucking live pussy nigger.
>>
>>24070320
>dish washing job
>worked 2 months so far
>one summers worth experience
>been paid $10 an hour since day 1
>>
File: 63.gif (233 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
63.gif
233 KB, 500x281
>>24072727
>playing wow and LoL
>Joke's on them

yeah, they're really missing out
>>
>>24072930
Yea, work for another 4 months and ask for a raise. If you don't get one start looking for a better place to wash dishes.
>>
>>24073071
They love me there, I'll be maning the fryers within a month and get paid more.
>>
>>24071094
Are you this guy, by any chance?
Just curious.
>>24072329
>>
>>24072773
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv7YvuCjZ0g
>>
>>24072773

the fuck, I live in Australia and make $25 at a lower end job, with no experience at all.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.