[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stuck in an RPG Quest 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15
File: SiRPG_Qst.jpg (83 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SiRPG_Qst.jpg
83 KB, 640x360
Old Thread: >>223060
GDoc Page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xdcq_CZowSVEdwCBechSkG96l_9n1H-wOGBGbCLZBKg/edit?usp=sharing
Twitter (although I keep forgetting to use it): @opiestuckinrpg

Summary:

You are Peter Hornberg. You entered a Virtual Reality game called ‘Legends of Zeltanna’ from which you are now trying to escape (kind of).
So far you’ve:
Become a Wizard
Encountered a dragon
Escaped a dragon
Found a town troubled by a dragon
Left a town troubled by a dragon
Killed some baby gatorants
Met a nigger elephant man
Sold carapace dust/cocaine to nigger elephant man
Met a ranger named Lelogas
Befriended a ranger named Lelogas
Grinded at Gatorant Hill
Met a pretty rogue named Robin
Got robbed by a pretty rogue named Robin
Got hired by Robin to help steal Lelogas’s bow
Found out Robin is Lelogas’s ex
Met a dwarf blacksmith
Had dwarf blacksmith make carapace boots
Saw a fight between swordsmen
Helped the loser of a swordfight
Met a cleric named John Preston
Befriended a cleric named John Preston
Added a cleric named John Preston to your party
Became suspicious that John is a faggot
Ignored suspicions that John is a faggot
Rode a giant yellow grasshopper
Met the nigger elephant man again
Bought some books from nigger elephant man
>>
Get a cute companion
>>
>>237837
Sorry john, but when I hear 'die in game, die in real life' I feel information is vital to survival.

Fuck he has 1 int still doesn't he? He should see the benefit of trying with his WIS though. Oh well
>>
>>237859
I think getting every stat up to 10 is a pretty solid bet desu.
>>
(Continued from last post)

You head back to your room in the inn to read. You leaf through the book looking at the table of contents and the various sections. The book is divided into three parts:
1. Basics of Rituals: Covers what a ritual is and how it works. its a short section, maybe an hour's worth of reading
2. Dailys: A medium sized section which covers rituals that can be done on a daily basis. You can cover 2 maybe 3 rituals.
3. Advanced: By far the longest section, each ritual is detailed and complex and depends on a multitude of conditions to carry out. The effects seem to be pretty neat however. You might be able to learn 1 ritual from this section if you spend the whole day on it.
>>
>>237897
Let's try and combine Basics and Dailys.
>>
>>237897
backing
>>237948
But option 2 if we can only do one.
>>
>>237897
>>237948
Supporting
>>
>>237868
Agreed. I know I'm spitting in the wind but do we want to do a 3/2 rotation each level on stats? Say every odd level we put 3 in INT and 2 elsewhere and every even level we put 2 in INT and 3 elsewhere until we hit a goal? like 30 INT?
>>
>>237897
>>237948
Seconded. Basics and dailys.
>>
>>237970
INT and CON are the only stats we need.
>>
>>237970
3/2 rotation sounds like a good idea.

Every level we swap between 3 int/3 wis, and split the last two points between Con and Dex? I really want to go Spellsword desu.
>>
>>238008
No, we need Wisdom too, since it determines the maximum complexity of our custom rituals.

I want us to eventually develop an ability that lets us animate suits of armor and shit though. Like Darknuts from the original Legend of Zelda.
>>
>>238020
I agree, wis is important. The magic that we'll learn anyways is cool and all but who's gonna fuck with a guy that can summon the souls of vengeful gatorants and stick them in suits of armor?
>>
>>237859
John better appreciate that we're trying to keep him alive. Stakes are too high, man.
>>
Made an archive for the first thread on suptg
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html
First time so I probably fucked it up somehow. Forgot we had so much money, though we had 4gp not nearly 40gp
>>
>>237948
>>237961
>>237977
>>237966
You apportion your time to studying the Basics section and a few rituals from the Dailys. John just reads his book front to back since its written in a novel-style. This takes you and John the whole day, with breaks for lunch and dinner, during which you discuss what you've read with each other.

According to the book: ...rituals are the game's construct for allowing wizards to manipulate something called the 'aether'. The 'aether' is basically an ambient energy which governs the game's reality. Spirits can manipulate the aether freely, as can Mages (who are beings of aether). Wizards manipulate the aether by summoning, contracting or binding these spirits. Rituals are the means by which these things are done and are consequently divided into three broad categories based on these three actions.

At its most basic, a ritual is just a series of conditions which leads to some effect. The more stringent the conditions, the greater the allowance for the magnitude of the effect. Conditions come in 4 types:
1. Temporal: Having to do with time, either duration or some specific time (e.g full moon, new year, sunrise etc.)
2. Spatial: Having to do with location or position but necessarily in a strictly physical sense (e.g outside, in the rain, on a tree, underground etc.)
3. Material: Having to do with reagents or items that part of the ritual. This is by far the most useful as a single rare reagent can dramatically increase the allowed magnitude without making things too complicated.
4. Action: Having to do with things the wizard himself must do (e.g sing, speak a specific incantation, draw runes, dance a specific dance, etc.)

Anyone can do a ritual, not just wizards. But making even a tiny error in the ritual (especially if it is a complex one) can lead to catastrophe, and so, most people stay away. But, properly executed, rituals can grant unimaginable power without the gifts of a Cleric or Mage. Binding the spirits of legendary warriors to ones own flesh, summoning elementals that can annihilate entire cities, contracting the powers of even the Spirit Kings, all this can be done and has been done through proper rituals. But failure too, has its price...

The next section on Dailys is bit boring. It reads more like a cookbook than anything else, but you learn two new rituals. One is an incantation which you copy into your spellbook. The other is a more involved (yet still basic) ritual. Your character sheet gets updated as well:

(1/2)
>>
>>238102
sixteen minutes later
>>

>Spells

Summon Lesser Elemental - Summons an elemental (a spirit which has control over an element) for as long as the wizard is conscious. The elemental can do some minor manipulations of its respective element.

Contract Lesser Spirit - Allows you to contract an lesser spirit, giving you its skill and proficiency for period equal to 5+Wis minutes.

>Rituals

Bind Fallen Foes - Allows you bind the spirit of an enemy you have killed onto an object for a time.
- Needs 'essence of enemy'
- Needs 2 gold coins
- Needs runes to be drawn
- Repeating releases former spirit
- Spirit is bound until the next full moon (30 days) or object is broken, or the ritual is performed again

Hmm, according to the book the 'essence' can be a heart or a brain or anything of that nature and has to be cleaned then ground into a paste which is then used to draw the runes. The object is kept in the exact center of the runes and two gold coins are flung into the rune circle to complete the ritual. As for the repetition, you can only bind one spirit to one object at a time. Not particularly useful for selling (though you could just scam people...maybe.).

As for John's book, its more interesting to read than yours (according to him, anyway). John explains that 'ether' is basically the counterpart to aether. Its an intrinsic energy which is produced by the body and goes up with the Constitution stat. However only the Cleric class can actually use the ether. The titular 'Five Paths' refers to the five different ways ether can be used and the section for each:
1. Reinforcement
2. Reconstruction
3. Transformation
4. Conjuration
5. Nullification

Unfortunately, John only managed to finish the first two sections, covering Reinforcement and Reconstruction. Reinforcement allows the ether to strengthen oneself or an object physically. Reconstruction allows the ether to rebuild things to a former state, basically healing. John tells you that, gathering all of his ether into his fist and reinforcing it feels like his fist will explode.

He also tells you that ether is regained through rest or meditation. All in all, pretty useful information. In the morning the books have automatically dissappeared a note left in their place saying:

Please shop at MagicMart again!
>>
>>238172
Cool. Let's do the Bind Fallen Foes ritual with a gatorant heart and bind it to our new shoes. See what happens.
>>
>>238172
Let's try binding a gator spirit to our boots, using a brain.
>>
>>238172
> in the morning
Nahhhh we had 24 hours bruh. Assuming it's like eight we should have at least like seven more hours.
>>
>>238193
Fair enough.

The books disappear from your hands around early afternoon (but that doesn't change anything)
>>
>>238193
It did say for a day. Fucking pricey but...yeah

>>238102
So if I'm reading the GoogleDoc account of last thread right and this correctly, we could create a ritual that has effect: Lesser with condition Material: Gatorant Scale...we could get a spell of Lesser Protection?

>The more stringent the conditions, the greater the allowance for the magnitude of the effect

If we also add Condition: Chant "Shield me!" will the effect be better? Would it be more effective if the chant was longer/more detailed?
>>
>>238210
Derp, reread. Complexity determines magnitude of "conditions"
>>
The more difficult the conditions is to meet, the more it increases the allowance for the effect, but at the same time, the greater its complexity. Hence why incantations are just nonsense syllables strung together (making them hard to memorize or speak).
>>
>>238238
I thought we also had to know the effect in question? Like last time we tried to create a ritual, we could only choose from like Summon, Lesser, and Elemental.
>>
>>238238
Do we now know effect Contract and Spirit based on the spell we learned from the book?
What is their complexity?
>>
>>238251
>>238264
Looking at the ritual creation menu again you see the effects list has updated:

Ritual Creation

Maximum Complexity: 8

1. Choose an effect
You know of the following effects:
- Summon [5]
- Contract [5]
- Bind [5]
- Lesser [5]
- Elemental [5]
- Spirit [5]

2. Choose a condition(s)
- Time
- Space
- Material
- Action
>>
>>238279
We should try and create 'Bind Lesser Elemental'.

What kind of shit would we need for that? It'd be Complexity 15, so... What if, for a reagent, we used 1 GP, and brain-matter? Along with having to be cast during sunrise.
>>
>>238287
Unless I'm misunderstanding it and Complexity isn't reduced by conditions. But that's what I'm gathering so far.
>>
>>238290
Actually, from reading the old thread
> It
looks like the 'maximum complexity' score determines the magnitude of the
'conditions' you can apply in step 2. And the conditions are basically the
things you have to do in order to complete the rituals. The categories for the
effects are probably determined by spells you've cast or maybe even seen
before. And the numbers next to them seem to be some sort of difficulty score
associated with how powerful the ritual effect is, you have to offset this
value by the conditions which subtract from the difficulty score. It looks like
the value has to be 0 in order for the ritual to go through. Adding several
conditions quickly ramps up the complexity score...hmm, it looks like your
Wisdom stat is the main limiting factor, along with, of course, what effects
you know.

ok, the numbers next to Effects are not Complexity, they are Difficulty.

We need to reduce Difficulty to 0 by use of Conditions.

We cannot use so many Conditions that the ritual has too high of a Complexity which is affected by our WIS.

Is that right?
>>
>>238298
That's exactly right (I was actually about the quote that same post kek)
>>
>>238304
So would my suggestion (>>238287) work? Assuming other anons wanted it, that is.
>>
>>238304
Cool. Sorry for being so dense. The Complexity number followed immediately by the numbers next to Effect were throwing me.

Cool Cool.

So from what we've seen a Difficulty of 15 can be beaten with an Action Condition of gibberish or [Material](1) Essence, [Material]2 Gold, [Action]Draw Runes, and [Action] toss gold into runes.
>>
>>238304
I realize it might mess with your groove but would it be possible to get some sort of break down on the Difficult ratings of GP, times of day, weather effects, dances (simple moderate, complex), and location (undeground/above ground)

I'm not asking right away but sometime soonish?
>>
>>238325
To do so would be revealing too much at once (and all of it out of character as well). Such things can be found in books within the game world, so in this case I'll tell you the difficulty score of the condtions for the ritual you currently know:

Ritual Creation

Maximum Complexity: 8

1. Choose an effect
You know of the following effects:
- Summon [5]
- Contract [5]
- Bind [5]
- Lesser [5]
- Elemental [5]
- Spirit [5]

2. Choose a condition(s)
- Time
>No Repeats [3]
>Lasts till nearest event (medium) [4]
- Space
- Material
>Essence of creature (common) [2]
>Gold (low) [2]
- Action
>Draw Runes (simple) [4]
>Speak incantations (Difficult) [17]
>>
>>238382
Effects:
> Bind Lesser Elemental
Conditions:
> Speak Incantations

Would this work?
>>
>>238382
Awesome, thanks!
>>
>>238388
Note that the numbers next to the conditions contribute both to the complexity score and the difficulty score, so that this would not work, since you don't have enough wisdom. (If you did though, it would be fine)
>>
>>238497
Oh, shit, okay. Let's go grind, then.
>>
>>238172
Alright that's enough mechanics stuff for now, lets get back to the action.

It's mid afternoon now and you've just had lunch you:

>Head to Owlwasp Hive
>Visit the MagicMart again
>See about getting transportation to Dorter Magic City
>Research a new ritual
>Perform one of your rituals
>Other
>>
>>238520
>>Head to Owlwasp Hive
Let's try and get a read on their levels without drawing aggro. But, just in case, go ahead and summon a Wind Elemental along the way.
>>
>>238520
>>Head to Owlwasp Hive
>>
>>238520
Head to the hive.

Our cleric is Level 1 though isn't he?

These things aren't for beginners, as the Inkeeper said.

He's going to get one shot.
>>
>>238520
>Head to Owlwasp Hive and do what >>238528 suggested
>>
>>238635
I think he has a higher con then we do. If anyone's going to get one-shot, it's more likely to be us.
>>
>>238528
Seconding. Time to show our cleric how a wizard does things.
>>
>>238649
than**

Excuse me, I'm extremely fucking tired. But Clerics do get their primary ability from Con rather than Wis or any other mental stat in this game, and I'm fairly certain he has a higher Con than us at four.
>>
>>238528
>>238532
>>238635
>>238644
Enough studying! It's time to grind some exp. You summon a wind elemental. It looks like a cross between a cloud and a balloon. A perfectly round, spherical cloud.
"What's your name elemental?"
"Mah name's Wendy mistah wizard."
"Call me Bob, Wendy."
"I surely will, Mistah Bob."
John is amazed at your abilities and you feel a little proud. This game is growing on you.

The Owlwasp hive is the size of a small mountain. There are owlwasps, which look exactly as they sound, with the head of an owl, beak and all and the body of a wasp, flying in, out and around the hive. Thousands of small holes act as entrances and exits for the wasps. As usual a screen comes up above the creatures:

Level 12 Owlwasp Worker
Level 20 Owlwasp Drone

The Worker Owlwasps are about the size of pigeons and other small birds, but the Drone wasps are the size of owls. The workers have two sets of gossamer wings, the drones have 1 set, but they are larger. The drones also have 3 sets of needle like claws, whereas the workers have 1 set of owl-like talons. All of them have deadly looking stingers.

You observe them for a bit hiding among the trees. They seem to hunt in packs, two drones with three workers. The drones swoop in and attack small rodents and sometimes larger game (you saw them take out a fox) with their needle-like claws and stinger. The workers then carry the prey with their talons back to the hive.

You:
>Have Wendy try to ground the wasps
>Have John try to do something
>Attempt to sneak into hive
>Other
>>
>>238711
We need more firepower to handle two level 20s and three level 12s.

Can't we empower our ritual and summon a stronger elemental? Or a mixed elemental? (Firestorm, Lava, Aether, Etc)
>>
>>238735
In any real MMO we would die within seconds of engaging a mob of these so, we are going to need some more damage.
>>
>>238711
Backup and check out the prison
>>
>>238746
Also an option

And QM, more than 1 reply / hour would be amazing as heck.
>>
>>238711
Yeah, let's go check out the prison for now.
>>
>>238753
why don't you blow him then
>>
>>238768
I honestly would if it meant constant updates
>>
>>238746
>>238753
>>238754
You'd rather not die today trying to take on enemies more than three times your level. You head for Isten Prison, hopefully the enemies there are not as tough.

Isten prison is a dilapidated fort located on a cliff overlooking the sea. There are four towers which connected by sheet walls. A courtyard lies in the center of the fort, empty and barren.

You enter one of the towers and gag at the smell of death and decay.
"Fuck! This place is rank."
"Mistah wizard, you want I keep the smell away?"
"You can do that?"
"Of course!" And Wendy creates a small breeze around you which wards away the smell. You hear moaning and groaning all around you. You turn around and are face to face with a skeleton.

Level 3 Lesser Skeleton

You:
>Have John do something
>Have Wendy do something
>Try to run
>Other
>>
>>238807
Let John handle it.

Our faggot cleric needs to toughen up.
>>
>>238823
seconded.
>>
>>238807
>>Have John do something
See if he can channel ether from his fist into the skeleton to cause MASSIVE DAMAGE.
>>
>>238823
This, but if there's any trouble, back him up.
>>
>>238807
Punch it, john.
>>
>>238807
>let Wendy do something.

I think it might be safest if we let John level up before hitting them. His CON is only 4 right now. He only added 3 from his initial 7 starting points.
>>
>>238856
Undead in most settings are weak to "life" magic, which ether clearly is. He'll be fine. Besides, we're right here.

Also, OP, what are the two bloody scrolls in our inventory?
>>
>>238919
I think they might have once been usable one off spells. Fucked by brain and heart now.
>>
>>238807
Take the skull and bones of the undead for later rituals.
>>
zZzZzZzz
>>
>>238981
Dude, chill the fuck out.
>>
>>238985
I'm chill as fuck

zzZ
>>
>>238823
>>238827
>>238837
>>238842
>>238854
"John use the ether and punch it!"
"I'm trying to gather it! Oh shiit" The Skeleton grabs your shoulder, it feels like ice.
"Hurry John!" The Skeleton lunges forward at your neck biting down hard.
"AHHHHHH!"
"Hold on!" You feel something buzz past your ear, the skeleton's head explodes into powder with huge bang. You clamp your hand on your neck, trying to stop the blood, but its coming out too fast.
"J-john..."
"Oh shit, oh shit shit shit. Hold on man! Hold on." John presses his hand against your neck and closes his eyes. You lose consciousness as a warm feeling comes out from his hand and to your neck. When you awake, you're outside the prison and it is late afternoon. You get up. John is meditating under a tree, but stirs when he hears you.
"You're awake. Thank god! Shit, man that was a close call."
"What happened?"
"*sigh* I don't know. Moving the ether around took a lot longer than I expected. I just froze up I guess." You feel your neck. Good as new.
"What happened to the skeleton?"
"Oh I killed it. Once the head was gone it was just a normal skeleton."
"Did you gain any exp?"
"What? Oh. Right. I forgot to check. Hold on. Yeah I did actually!"
"How much?"
"Well I'm at 80/100 exp now. So I think 60?" Wow for one fucking level three skeleton? Shit. You can't do another summon spell until tomorrow.

You:
>Test out the contract spirit spell
>Leave
>Have John fight the monsters
>Other
>>
>>238997
you're being a faggot
>>
>>238998
>>Have John fight the monsters
If worst comes to worst, I guess we just try and use the pommel of our knife to bash through the skulls.
>>
>>238998G
So did he used a ranged attack?

If so, get him to snipe a few until he's level 3.
if not, join him in smashing heads in until then.
>>
>>238998
>Have John fight the monsters

May as well get him to the next level while we're here. Besides, he took out that skeleton easily enough (after it took a chomp out of us)
>>
>>239060
Seconded
>>
>>239014
6 hours of the quest with 5 posts of content is pretty snail pace
>>
>>239028
No, that was his fist.

>>239019
>>239028
"Alright." You get up. "We're going back in."
"What! Why? You almost died." Yes. You did. And that pain was very real and very terrifying. And yet, something in you felt a rush, a thrill.
"You need to level up. You can take these guys. What's your ether at?"
"You don't even have a summon!"
"Don't worry about that. What's your ether at?"
"Its full. I just finished meditating so its full."
"Alright. Let's go. This time keep your ether charged at your fist."
"*sigh* Alright."

You enter the tower again, this time Wendy is not there to help with the odor. The tower is 6 stories high with walkways build into the walls at each level and stairs leading up to the walkways. The center of the tower is hollow so that you can see all the way up to the ceiling. At each floor there are 'prison cells' built into the walls. But they are all open. Since there aren't any windows is also quite dark. It doesn't take long before another skeleton ambushes you, but this time you are ready. It tries to grab you again but you roll to the side. John leaps into action and punches it in the torso completely shattering it and sending its body flying. John has leveled up.

You spend a few more hours grinding the skeletons, exiting the prison when John is low on ether, letting him meditate then entering back into the fray.

By the end of it John has leveled 2 more times bringing him to level 4, at which point the exp slows to a crawl. He tells you that he needs to choose 2 perks and distribute 15 stat points.

You:
>Tell him to do as he pleases
>Ask to hear the perks and advise him on his stat distribution/perks
>Other
>>
>>239082
>>Tell him to do as he pleases
"But focus on Constitution, with secondary dex and intelligence."
>>
>>239082

I'm more curious than anything man. Statwise, CON, DEX, WIS should be good. 5/3/2 sound good?
>>
>>239082
>>
>>239132
Why wisdom? The reason I suggest intelligence is because it seems to hasten the pace at which you absorb information-- which I think is why we completed more of our book than he did his, and shit like that. It also probably helps you to increase skills and shit.
>>
>>239132
>>239146
"Tell me what the perks are"
"Uh...yeah hold on, there's six:
- Vampiric - You may replenish your ether by transferring it from others
- Focus - Meditation gives a temporary boost to your wisdom
- Medic - You may use your ether to heal minor wounds at no cost
- Smiter - Your ether does not diminish when fighting the undead
- Physic - Once per day may use your ether to heal major wounds at no cost
(requires Medic)
- Specialist - Choose a particlar path for using ether (e.g Reinforcement,
reconstruction etc.) you lose ether at half the rate when using it in your
chosen specialization
>>
>>239168
Medic and Smiter for sure.
>>
>>239148
That's true and we should probably advise INT over WIS just now. WIS does play in to his class though. I forget how and on mobile, too fiddly to check.
>>
>>239170
Honestly this does sound like a good combo. But it is advice only. The last one would be nice if we knew what all 5 did. hint hint INT hint
>>
>>239170
Idk, Medic is good but Smiter won't always be useful. Maybe specialization instead? Or he could save his second perk.

Also, do we not share exp since we're in a party, OP?
>>
>>239206
You check your character sheet, but you haven't received any exp. It could just be the fact that the enemies are much lower in level that you however.

Just waiting on a consensus now
>>
>>239227
I think we're just advising John but we're not actively telling him what perks or stats to pick, except maybe to get Medic and put a few points in Int and Wis.
>>
>>239227
Medic and Reinforcement specialist is the logical choice.
>>
>>239168
Medic and smiter. John can pick specialist later when he's leveled up some more
>>
>>239253
>>239170
"Hmm...take medic and smiter. There might be more powerful undead in this place. We'll return tomorrow to check it out."
"Alright. And the stats?"
"Up to you. But I'd focus on wisdom and intelligence"
"Alright. I put 8 in wisdom and 7 in intelligence...woah!"
"What?"
"No, its just, everything just seems so much...clearer. Hmm...and I can move the ether around a lot easier too!"
"Good. Lets head back to town."

You pay 6 silver for another nights stay. In the morning you:

>Head back to the prison to grind some more
>See someone about transport to Dorter Magic City
>Visit a shop
>Other
>>
>>239266
Where the fuck did you get Wisdom and Intelligence from holy shit
>>
>>239271
See:

>>239250
>>239171
>>
>>239271
Ehh, I'm OK with it. This low a level we'd do it anyway. Plus he should be much better at learning and using his abilities. Half a day at the prison. If we can't find some good loot/xp go back for more books. Have John finish the 5 paths book and rent Wizards are OP
>>
>>239276
>>239132
>>239099
>>
>>239291
I agree he needed a few points in constitution.

Next level we throw a minimum of 5 on con, that'll buff him up.
>>
>>239266
I guess it doesn't matter too much. Let's go scout out the prison some more.
>>
>>239266
Let's go back to the prison. Maybe we'll be able to get to the mini boss.
>>
>>239266
>Head back to the prison to grind some more

For the dank loot and sweet sweet exp.
>>
>>239282
>>239300
>>239314
>>239320

You head back to Isten Prison. Summoning Wendy again, you decide to concentrate as you recite the spell trying to use your empowered perk. The words feel more powerful than usual! This time instead of the large cloud-balloon. The elemental takes the form of a beautiful cloud-woman from the torso up (the rest is just cloud).

You roll through the bottom floor and the skeletons without trouble. John is much faster at controlling his ether as well and it doesn't fade while he's fighting the undead. You head for the stairs onto the second level of the tower. The smell on the second floor is even worse than on the first floor. You soon understand the reason for the stench: Ghouls. They emerge from the cells and surround you:

Level 8 Ghoul

hangs above their head. John rushes ahead and punches one in the face, deforming its skull. It collapses to the ground. You cover the rear with Wendy who blows back any ghoul that gets near. It doesn't kill them, but it at least keeps them at bay while John can work his magic.

Since John doesn't lose any ether, you can keep fighting them without rest. They keep coming out of the cells (and there are many of them) so the exp keeps flowing. Things are going well and you both level up to level 8, unlocking a new perk. Sadly the ghouls simply disappear into smoke once they die leaving nothing behind. The skeletons don't have any loot either. It's late afternoon when you make to the next staircase leading upward.

You:
>Keep going up
>Call it a day for grinding, distribute your stats and perks and head back to town
>Other

Level up! 6->8

>Stats (10 points remaining)
Constitution: 4
Dexterity: 4
Intelligence: 15
Wisdom: 8
Charisma: 5

Choose a perk:
Mind Palace - You memorize up to 3 incantations, allowing you to speak them from memory
Copycat - Anytime you observe a ritual being performed you may attempt to learn it
Fetishism - Choose an object, as long you wield that object, rituals take half as long to perform (does not work for incantations)
>>
>>239354
Idc about stats but TAKE THE SHARINGAN
>>
>>239354
Copycat is great, and so is Mind Palace, so I'm gonna say that we should wait until Lv.10 so e can take both. :^)

Also, as an anon was saying earlier, about the 3/2 rotation: it's a good plan but holy shit do we need wisdom. So,

>6pts Wis
>2pts Con
>2pts Dex
>>
>>239357
Srsly tho we're headed to a city full of mages/wizards to watch a bunch of the most powerful ones kick ass, and probably a bunch of our-level ones get buttfucked early on. If we don't take the copy spell we're idiots.
>>
>>239368
>>239354
Also,
>Keep going up.
John doesn't lose Ether and neither of us have taken damage yet.
>>
>>239354
Also:

>Ask John what perks he can take and advise him
>Let John choose himself and don't ask
>>
>>239354
Let's take copycat and keep going up.

>>239387
Also ask John about his perks.
>>
>>239354

>Keep going up
put 5 in int and 5 into wis as we shoudlnt be fisht finght.
Choose a perk
Copycat
how dose fetishism work is it like staffs but any staff will do or is it just like a cerntin one? if its jusr all staff give the buff then do fetishism if not then mind palace.

>Ask John what perks he can take and advise him
ask him what type of clgic he wants to be, also suggest he puts points into Constitution and charisma
>>
>>239387
If he wants advice, we should give it to him. Otherwise, we should just let him choose.
>>
>>239403
>we shoudlnt be fisht finght
why do you think this
>>
I'm done for tonight. Sorry about the infrequent updates today, I was a bit busy and was updating between work.
>>
>>239422
i might to say that we shouldnt be in a cqc fight any ways so no point in putting up con when we should be gettign better at summoning.
and we got like no ammor, shit knife and we almost died whe we got hit once, set back and let the other guy take a hit and the sprits do the work
>>
>>239470
> we're not good at it now so we shouldn't raise our stats to become good at it

you realize nothing about any class is unique except for mage and cleric right
>>
>>239449
Thanks for making the time for us. I'm really loving this quest
>>
>>239470
I really love this quest!

I just really want to be a spellsword. :^)
>>
>>239473
>>239482
its a fun one yer
i have no issues with us becomeing a spellword which would be cool. but we dont have anything good atm that would help us and dont wana put stats into something that we wont be able to use atm and to become a spellsword we going to need better speels and shit so need higher int and wis more then we need to be able to hit something at this point int/wis is more impoernet at this point to con and dex for us. couse wehn we get to the mage city gona try to learn soem sick rituls. like fouces on one area then the other not trying to do it ll at once
>>
I'm liking the spells and rituals we are learning, we are becoming a pretty sweet Spirit Mage(Obviously we are a Wizard but you know)
>>
>>239354
Perk: Copycat

Stats: let's get to a nice plateau before doing the 3/2. If we do 2 in WIS and 4 in both CON/DEX we have 10 WIS and 8 in both CON and DEX. I think we would be well served by this as we won't be so squishy and we will be at a nice round 10 on WIS to work from.
>>
>>239354
>Keep going up, but cautiously with the intent to run away if things get too difficult

I agree with this >>239368 anon but I think we should get Copycat right away. Don't know when we'll witness a random act of magic, plus we'll need a really high Wis if we're going to want to copy spells.

>>239449
Hey OP thanks for running! You have a really fun quest.
>>
>>239704
We'll definitely need Copycat before we get to the competition. But until then, no need to rush, I think. But I see your point.
>>
>>239764
But we should leave soon. Lelogas said the earlier the better. No need to get ourselves broke.
>>
>>239696
This I suppose
>>
>>239696
this
>>
>>239696
>>239822
>>239846
You take Copycat, it's going to come in handy during the World Cup. As for your stats you bolster up Constitution, and Dexterity and put a few points in Wisdom. You feel quicker and more limber, you actually have visible muscles now. Is this what it feels like to be swole? Its not bad.

>>239400
>>239403

As for John, you ask him what perks he's eligible for and he tells you:

# Level 8
Templar - You may use ether to deflect aether attacks
Blesser - You may transfer ether into objects for 30 days (instead of 24 hours)
Dominion - You may transfer your ether into other creatures in order to control them for a time equal to 5+wis minutes (on touch)

He wants to get Blesser since he figures it would be an easy to make some money. You suggest he put his stat points into Constitution and Charisma. He splits it evenly between the two. He looks incredibly fit now and, you must admit, quite handsome.
"How's the ether?"
"Character sheet says I have 8/18 now"
"So Constitution really is a the main stat. Good to know."
"Hey why'd I put points into Charisma then?"
"Clerics are usually the diplomats."
"Oh...ok."

>>239372
>>239400
You keep going up. You might as well get a few more levels before leaving. As soon as you enter the next floor, you know something is wrong. For one, the smell completely disappears. Second, a ten foot tall mass of fused flesh wielding a spear and shield and enveloped in rusted armor stands in front of you. His helmet completely covers his face, but for two glowing eyes, red and unblinking. The screen above him reads:

Level 35 Death Knight

Fuck. The stairs are behind you and there doesn't seem any other creatures on this level. This looks like a boss fight. You also spot the holy of holies, a treasure chest, sitting behind him in one of the cells, pretty much confirming your theory.

You:
>Prepare to fight
>Get the fuck out
>Other
>>
>>239935
>Level 35 Death Knight
>Level -35-

Nope.

GTFO while we still can. We got 1-shot by a L4 skeleton when we were L6. Now it's L35 v L8.

Nope.
>>
Prepare to run while smacking at it with Wind-Spirit. If that does anything significant, stick around. If not, FLEEEEE
>>
>>239956
>>239964
Yeah, you don't have a death wish today. You run back down the stairs with Wendy covering the rear and flee the prison. The death knight is too big to even fit through the hole of the staircase so you're safe. That treasure chest was tempting but discretion is the better part of staying the fuck alive.

The sun is setting now as you head back to the town. You pay for another night's accommodation and have dinner (John manages to sweet-talk Doris into giving you a 3 silver discount since you've been here for a while -- the benefits of charisma.)

In the morning you have breakfast.
"So should I take Blesser?"
"What?" You were thinking about the fact that the lower levels of the Prison tower are cleared -- that means no chance for any more exp there.
"Blesser, you know the perk? Should I take it? I figure I can enchant weapons or armor and stuff and then we can sell it at a profit."

>"Sure, sounds good."
>"No [perk] is a better choice because..."
>"Do as you like."
>>
>>239992
WAIT HOLD UP

WHAT IF WE SUMMONED AN EMPOWERED FIRE ELEMENTAL AND JUST BANGED AWAY AT HIS HEALTH OUT OF HIS REACH

Also, sure, tell him to take Blesser. Meanwhile, we should look for a smithy and see about getting some better gear, for ourselves and John.
>>
>>239992
Hmm...is there a level cap on Dominion? Like could he just poke the knight and get him to an hero? If not, so fucking OP
>>239999
Also seconding this guy's idea for taking on the knight. Sweet fuckint quads too
>>
>>240004
If John takes the perk you might be able to find out more. Otherwise you don't know.
>>
>>239992
Sure sounds good.

Nah. Just leave. Book passage and, if we have time, rent the Paths book and Alchemy book for the night. Crafting means money money money.
>>
>>239992
>"Sure, sounds good."

We can pick up some loot along the way, enchant it, and sell to npcs thanks to John's charisma. We're finally going legit, boys!
>>
>>239999
Thirding. RPGs are all about finding ways to get passed things you're not supposed to get past.
>>
>>239992
lets go borrow wizards are op from magicmart so we can get an idea of how to use our class to be op
>>
>>240041
>>240045
"Sure, go ahead."
"Alrighty. Done. So what are we doing today?

>>239999
>>240055
>>240004

"I have an idea for taking on the death knight."
"Are you sure, he's like 4 times our level."
"Yes, that's true, but if you noticed he couldn't go through the stairs, he was too big."
"Ok...and?"
"I can summon a fire elemental to blast him from a distance."
"Will that work?"
"It's worth a shot. I wanna get that treasure."
"Well you don't really need me for that do you? I wanna try out this perk and see if we can't make some money. Can I borrow some gold? I'll give you 50% of whatever I make"

>"No, you're coming with me, leveling is more important."
>"Alright here's [number] gold. I'll go alone."
>"Actually I'll come with you, I wanna test the ritual I learned and to prepare passage to Dorter Magic City."
>Other
>>
>>240108

Even if we can't make dosh from it, we can still level up enough to take on the beehive and get the jelly
>>
>>240108
>>"No, you're coming with me, leveling is more important."
Besides, I might need you to heal me.
>>
>>240108
eh fine, today we can do other stuff. go get Wizards are OP from magic mart, if someone thought it was worth it to write a book about it, it is probably useful to know
>>
>>240108
We might need him to make sure nothing kills us from behind. Besides, let's tell John we're 'mirin' but, like, totally not in a gay way.
>>
>>240113
>>240114
"No, you're coming with me, leveling is more important. Besides, what if I get injured? Just trust me, there'll be plenty of time to make money later."
"*sigh* Alright, you're the rpg expert, I'll follow your lead."
"Thanks, don't worry this'll work."

As you expected, there are no more monsters on the first two floors. The smell still lingers but the difference is that of a pig and a pigsty. You summon Edna this time, using your empowered perk again. Instead of a simple fireball its a woman composed of flames. Her is golden and shimmering and her body lithe and curvy. She's...hot.
"Edna?"
"Hey baby."
"Ahem! Let's get going." As before the third floor has no stench at all and the tower of armored muscle stands guard. As soon as it spots you it charges. You retreat back into the staircase, Edna floats beside you. The death knight peaks its head through the narrow opening of the stairs but cannot squeeze through with its armor. You've got him.
"Edna, blast him"
"Sure thing, baby." Gouts of flame erupt from Edna's hands squeezing through cracks in the death knights armor and singeing its flesh. But nothing happens...at first. Edna keeps up the heat and slowly, the flesh begins to melt away. It actually takes 3 hours of constant heat (Edna's flames aren't particularly hot) to reduce the death knight to a puddle of flesh, like a melted wax candle made of blood. You and John just sit there and watch. At the end of it, both of you gain enough experience to level up 8 times. Wizards. Every fucking time.

Both of you unlock a new set of perks, as well as 40 more stat points to work with. Stepping over the goop you also raid the treasure chest.
You find the following items:

2 stoppered large beakers (300 ml) of red liquid
1 stoppered large beaker (300 ml) of yellow liquid
2 rolled up scrolls
A purse with 10 gp and 30 sp
A pouch with red dust
A broken handmirror
A locked Journal
>>
>>240108
I'd feel safer if you stay with me and watch my back. We'll double down on money after this and I'll wave down to 25%, ok?
>>
>>240149
>At the end of it, both of you gain enough experience to level up 8 times. Wizards. Every fucking time.
Breaking the game is fun
>>
>>240149
...holy shit.
>>
How about 15 INT, 15 WIS and 10 CON? Wizards don't need other stats
>>
>>240165
I support this! also holy shit I think we might have broken the game with shit like that.
>>
>>240165
We could use some CHA.

15 INT
15 WIS
Get to 10 CON
rest in CHA
>>
>>240165
Let's put a few points in charisma. At least 3. Also, what perks OP?
>>
>>240149
Forgot the perks kek

Level up! 8 -> 16

>Stats (40 points remaining)
Con: 8
Dex: 8
Int: 15
Wis: 10
Cha: 5

Choose a perk:

Efficient - During ritual creation you may combine two ritual effects you know into one ritual at the difficulty cost of the higher effect
Contractor - Immediately choose a spirit. You may borrow that spirits powers without any rituals for a short period each day
Wizard Poet - You may shorten an incantation by making up a short 6 line rhyming poem to stand in its place

>>
>>240173
>Efficient - During ritual creation you may combine two ritual effects you know into one ritual at the difficulty cost of the higher effect
As for stats
>>240165
That's my vote.
>>
>>240156
>>240164
>>240168
This is a reward (and incentive) for coming up with a creative solution. Make no mistake you'd have been curb-stomped if you had tried to fight it face to face
>>
>>240173
15 into both Int and Wis
10 Con

we stronk now
>>
>>240180
Does Poet reduce the same amount of Difficulty but make it less Complex?
if so that's my vote.
>>
>>240203
Exactly right.
>>
>>240198
If we want to be a spellsword, won't we need the minimum Dex? Let's at least raise Dex by 4.
>>
>>240217
Maybe get CON/DEX to 10 and split the rest to INT/WIS tie breaker to INT?
>>
>>240217
Actually yeah you make a good point

15 int and wis
6 con
4 dex
>>
We should also tell John to split his stats between Con, Wis, and Cha. And we should ask him what perks he got.
>>
>>240241
Throwing this out there: bind a wind elemental to a sword and I think we could go for super fast strikes if we wanted. I see some kickass moves with a Falchion, or daggers, or rapier. Earth elemental Warhammer would break some shit. Go more for a brawler, water elemental shoes, we could slide around one second and stand on completely dry ground the next.

Granted these are making some huge assumptions on how binding elementals work
>>
>>240273
Let's get him to do some Dex this level since iirc he's been putting points into that but not dex.

We should also give him the purse so he doesn't need to rely on us to buy everything for him.
>>
>>240280
I'd rather go for flaming sword.
>>
>>240280
First we would need to create the 'Bind Lesser Elemental' ritual, which we can actually do now that our Wis is higher.
>>
>>240290
Flaming sword is pretty generic, flaming cloak is pretty useful though. Fire immunity and the ability to drape enemies in fire and likewise distract others.
>>
>>240180
Hey OP don't forget to put our perks in the character sheet.
>>
Hmm stat distributions are little all over the place same thing with perks.

So far we have:

>>240165
>>240198
>15 INT, 15 WIS and 10 CON

>>240170
>15 INT
>15 WIS
>Get to 10 CON
>rest in CHA

>>240240
>CON/DEX to 10 and split the rest to INT/WIS

>>240241
>15 int and wis
>6 con
>4 dex

As for perks

Efficient and Wizard Poet are tied
>>
>>240206
OP are you kill
>>
>>240493
I vote for 4th stat increase and poet
>>
>>240493
>CON/DEX to 10 and split the rest to INT/WIS

Wizard Poet
>>
>>240493
Ignore my vote for 6 Con/4Dex, (>>240241) I'm just gonna stick to my original 15/15/10 vote (>>240198
). I think that one has like four votes going for it.

As for perks... Wizard Poet would be our best bet, I think. Easier to remember than made up sounds.

Sorry if my IDs are all over the place, I'm mobile postan.
>>
>>240514
Naaaah actually this
>>
>>240493
I vote for the fourth stat boost and wizard poet sounds good.
>>
>>240493
For the first stat choice:
>>240198
>>240179
>>240168
And then the initial suggestion as well >>240165.
>>
>>240514
votin this too
>>
>>240273
John tells of the following perks:

Banisher (requires smiter) - Once per day you may banish an undead creature whose level is at or below twice your wisdom, to the spirit world
Healer (requires Physic) - Once per day you may heal mortal wounds at no cost
Thrall (requires dominion) - You may empower a creature you have controlled through dominion through ether. For every 2 points of ether you spend, your thrall gains +10 to a stat of your choice.
>>
>>240551
What perks does he have?
>>
>>240551
Healer is probably the best option there. "Yeah I can heal a wound that otherwise would have killed you for nothing."
>>
>>240558
Agreed.
>>
>>240551
There's a mistake there for Healer, it should be (requires Physic or Medic).

>>240557
He currently has Medic, Smiter and Blesser.
>>
>>240551
>>240586
Supporting Healer.
>>
How many days do we have until magic contest thing?
>>
When john has enough charisma, could he seduce us?
>>
>>240514
>>240519
>>240549
You distribute your points to Intelligence, Wisdom, Constitution and Dexterity. You also take the Wizard Poet perk. Your character sheet now looks like this:

>Stats
Con: 10
Dex: 10
Int: 31
Wis: 26

The sensation is like fainting. Or falling from a high place. The entire world comes alive with sights and smells, you begin to process everything near instantly. It's like you were asleep your whole life and suddenly you're awake. You wonder if this how geniuses feel.

You advise John to get Healer and he does so. He asks you if he should split his points evenly between Con, Wis, Dex and Cha or some other distribution.
>>
>>240646
Whoops, it should be:

>Stats
Con: 10
Dex: 10
Int: 33*
Wis: 28*
>>
>>240646
Ratio should be 3 points on Wis and Con for 1 of Dex and Cha.
>>
>>240646
That stat spread sounds good.
>>240645
Hopefully.
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>240645
Nope.
>>
>Wizard is OP
We should read that book. It might teach us a few how to play as Wizard.
>>
>>240635
By my estimate you've spent 6 days since learning about the World Cup, so 24 days left.

>>238067
Also forgot to thank you for this. Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate it!
>>
>>240752
Was the Death Knight the last enemy in the prison, btw?
>>
>>240783
Nope. You're only the third floor of a 6 story tower and there are 4 towers in total.
>>
Let's try clearing the dungeons around here and reading a few more books before we depart to the magic town.
>>
>>240810
There's an argument that the magic city would have better books/prices due to competition.

Counter argument is that we have someone who completely shuts down undead and an undead trove. No loot outside of chests though. Next level might be too high for us though.

We should in decent range for owl wasps though
>>
>>240646
I say we VERY CAUTIOUSLY move up to the next level of the tower. Send Edna forward first to check things out, see if she triggers enemy attacks. If not, we go in again VERY CAUTIOUSLY and ready to bolt. John stays on the stairwell ready to heal the fuck out of us should we get ganked.
If it gets too hardcore/if we somehow still succeed, back to the town to borrow Wizard is OP and cram it down. Gotta get that gamebreak down, breh.
>>
>>240843
If the next level is too hard we can try the other towers.
>>
>>240852
Other towers might not be undead.
>>
>>240855
Only one way to find out.
>>
>>240645
This
If he's an intimate lover, he will almost never betray us

In other news, I think I might have trust issues
>>
>>240659
This distribution sounds good.
>>
>>240856
>>240855
what if we put the towers on fire?
>>
>>240646
>>240657
With this INT, can't we read spell books now? Should hit RealOG123 for some shit
>>
File: Displeased nigger.jpg (272 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Displeased nigger.jpg
272 KB, 1000x1000
>>240863
>>
File: Audivito.jpg (545 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Audivito.jpg
545 KB, 1360x768
>>240872
>>
>>240870
It's hard to set stone on fire but we can try.
>>
>>240876
stone structures have always a wooden support structure if you catch my engineerial drift
>>
>>240876
>>240870
Seconding. Try to set everything on fire when we leave. Can't hurt. If it fails and we end up coming back tomorrow, bring Rocky, empower, and knock that shit DOWN
>>
File: goldenrule.jpg (50 KB, 364x331) Image search: [Google]
goldenrule.jpg
50 KB, 364x331
>>240872
>>
Pretty sad that we don't have explosion magic to use on those towers.
>>
>>240898
>Pretty sad that we don't have explosion magic to use on those towers YET.

Fixed it for yah
>>
>>240902
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coYieIF8I5M
>>
>>240911
>911
>explosions
kek

also if we compress fire magic with wind we could cause a minor explosion
>>
>>240923
Well we can still only summon one elemental/day anyway. Might be able to reverse that (especially with Wizard Poet and Researcher) but that'd take time.
>>
>>240956
so the quicker way is to use enviroment with our fire elemental, turn the towers into huge blast furnaces by making the lowest floor hot as hell
>>
>>240866
>>240659
"Go with 15 points in Wisdom and Constitution and 5 in Dexterity and Charisma"
"Alright...woah." Woah is right, John now has the build of an Olympic athlete. His face is also more symmetrical.
"Alright good. Let's head up."
"Are you serious? Wouldn't there be more serious shit upstairs?"
"Naturally, but I'm pretty sure that guy was a boss creature. Most likely the creatures ahead aren't at the same level."
"Alright. If you say so."
"Besides you have the Healer perk, you can bring me back in case anything happens. Now let's go." There are no other creatures on the third floor so its easy going. Unfortunately the staircase leading to the 4th floor has been completely totaled; its just rubble. You have no idea what could've done this, but it must've been powerful.
"Edna, could you float up there and tell us what you see?"
"Sure thing honey." She passes through the hole of the entrance, there is some consternation and a flash of light. Edna doesn't return. A skeleton wearing robes of faded blue, peeks through the hole. He's wielding a wooden staff and has glowing eyes like the death knight. A screen above him reads:

Level 25 Lich

Shit. The Lich screams something in an alien tongue and waves his staff, a fireball begins to grow on top of it.
"Shit! Run!" John springs forward and is already well ahead of you. You start running as fast you as can. The Lich screams, your turn back and see the fireball zooming towards you. The staircase leading down is a few feet in front, John has already disappeared below.

You:

>Jump forward with all your might, headfirst into the opening
>Try to dodge the fireball
>Just try to take the fireball
>Other
>>
>>240979
There is one problem.
>>240149
>(Edna's flames aren't particularly hot)
We might fix that with a lot of coal though.
>>
>>240987
>>Jump forward with all your might, headfirst into the opening
RUN FORREST RUN
>>
>>240987
>Jump forward with all your might, headfirst into the opening
>>
>>240998
like playing dodgeball!
>>240992
coal and grease/oil up any exposed support beams for hilarous results
>>
>>240998
>>241006
I second these notions
>>
>>241013
And then we find some fire demon was the final boss and we only kicked him into high gear. Shenanigans ensue
>>
>>240998
>>241006
>>241013
>>241016
You leap with all your might into the staircase, taking a huge tumble down and breaking several bones in the processes. The fireball explodes just above your feet, completely burning your carapace boots and singeing the soles of your feet. John turns back and carries you on his shoulders outside. He touches your broken bones to mend them using up some of his ether. He then strengthens his body with the ether to carry your unconscious body back to town.

At least this is what he tells you happened when you awake several hours later at the inn.

It is the next morning and you:
>Head back to the prison
>Make preparations to travel to Dorter Magic City
>Go shopping
>See about a guild
>Other
>>
>>241016
We need to tell John not to abondon us like that. How else will he be a good partner?
>>
>>241048
>See about a guild

One of these
>>
>>241048
>olympic-level athlete
>needs to use magic to carry us not that far
Pick one, my man.
Head back to the prison, empower rocky, bust the fucking thing to the ground if we can. Otherwise just buy Wizard is OP for a day and chill.
>>
>>241061
Cancel this

>>241057
>>241048
>Other - Get to know John
>>
>>241048
>See about a guild
>>
>>241067
Let's get to know him better
>>
>>241064
Rocky balboa time, my man
>>
>>241048
>See about a guild
>>
>>241064
Carrying a fully grown unconscious body for several miles is not an easy task even for an Olympic athlete (also when I say olympic athlete I'm not necessarily talking about bodybuilders)
>>
Yo qm when is john going to fuck our boipussy
>>
>>241048
but also >>241067
>Other - Get to know John
>>
>>241092
>when he reinforces his dick
>>
File: IMG_0899.gif (220 KB, 280x199) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0899.gif
220 KB, 280x199
>>241120
>>
>>241048
>>Go shopping
LGBT pls go
>>
>>241067
>>241074
>>241098
You decide to take the day off and just walk around town with John. It feels suspiciously familiar to date but you've never been on one so you wouldn't really know. John attracts some attention in the town, young maidens blush as he walks by. You talk a little about your lives in the real world -- well mostly John, you just listen.

John is a senior in high school, recently accepted to Yale. His family is wealthy, real estate moguls or something, John has been learning the family business from a young age, but he only does so to fit in with the family. His real passion is music; he's received violin lessons from a young age and he's even performed in front of large audiences, but he likes pop music more than classical.

To your great astonishment, he tells you the only reason he even tried this game (other than the fact that it looked interesting) was that he was depressed after his girlfriend broke up with him. What follows is a typical teenage rant, whose contents you have no experience with, being a kissless, handholdless virgin in your short 16 years of life. There was that time you twisted Molly Sander's arm in kindergarten, but you're pretty sure that doesn't count.

Well at least John isn't a faggot. Either that or he's still in the closet about it.

You make your way to the docks to finally book passage to Dorter Magic City. The ticket seller tells you that tickets are currently 30 silver a passenger with 3 stop-overs along the way and 1 gold per passenger for an express 'swim' (whatever that means). You can also upgrade to first class for an additional 2 gp per passenger.

You:
>Buy the express ticket
>Buy the normal ticket

(Btw did you guys give the purse you found to John, or split the money evenly? What about the other items?)
>>
>>241167
Normal ticket

And I say we gave him the purse. Keep the scroll, the red dust, and 1 of the red potions
>>
>>241167
>Buy the express ticket
>split the money evenly
>we keep the journal, 1 beaker with red liquid and both scrolls.
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>241181
seconding
then we say in our collective screaming mind of a dozen anons: "nice purse, faggot"
>>
>>241167
>Buy the normal ticket
Split the gold evenly
We take
>Locked journal
>Broken handmirror
>2 rolled up scrolls
He takes the rest
>>
>>241167
>Buy the express ticket

I say give John the money since we have a good bit and he doesnt. In exchange we got the materials. Looks like alchemy stuff which I am in favor of researching and utilizing.
>>
My bet is that the red liquid is HP potion.
>>
>>241167
>Buy the express ticket.
And also give John the purse. Jokingly tell him it goes great with his outfit.
>>
>>241167
Give the purse to John. Also try to open the journal, seems promising.
>>
>>241209
(Also voting for normal ticket)
>>
>>241167
>Buy the normal ticket
>>
>buying the normal ticket
Don't you want to know what express 'swim' means?
>>
>>241232
No.
I want to spend more time with John, perhaps gaining access to muscled boipussi. Obviously.
>>
>>241215
>>241193
>>241181
>>241191
>>241225

You buy 2 regular cabin seats on tomorrows 5'o clock 'Wurm' (at least, that's what it says on the ticket, which is a metal token with the details of the trip engraved on each side) You pay 30 silver. John pays for his own ticket with the purse you got at the prison.

Well you have the rest of the day to do whatever you like. John says he's going to try offering his services as an enchanter to a local blacksmith to make some more money.

As for you, you:
>Follow John
>Head for the MagicMart to borrow/buy some books
>Wander around town
>See about a guild
>Other

(You currently have 37 gp and 35 sp)
>>
>>241239
inb4 super muscular alfa John turns us into a non-wizard with his super charming nohomobro attitude.
>>
>>241257
>>Head for the MagicMart to borrow/buy some books
Time to git gud
>>
>>241257
>see about a guild
we need dat extra info tho and guild mates can teach us some wizard stuff if there are any wizzes
>>
>>241257
>Wander around town
>>
>>241257
>borrow a book
Wizard is OP
>>
>>241257
See about a guild, try to gather a bit more information on a local one around here.
>>
>>241264
>>241257

>Magicmart
>>
>>241259
I'm ready for it.
>>241271
>>241264
Seconded.
>>
>>241257
>>Head for the MagicMart to borrow/buy some books
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK