[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitposting on /po/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: papercraft origami.png (388 KB, 726x1000) Image search: [Google]
papercraft origami.png
388 KB, 726x1000
Warning : this is about /po/ (papercraft and origami) not /pol/ (politically incorrect).

I brows /po/ on a regular basis for a few years now and it was pretty comfy untill recently. /po/ is a very slow board, it takes at least 30 days for a thread without new answers to get archived/ deleted (and no, it's not the slowest board). We had "joke" thread for a long time now : people semingly mistaking /po/ for /pol/ and posting threads like "gas the kikes race war now" or "hitler did nothing wrong, how can we kill the jews ?". But those threads were in relatively small proportions, deleted within a few days/hours and didn't hurted the board.

However over the past few weeks there has been an increasing number of those "/pol/" threads, and also a lots of "dub checking" and [s4s]-tier posts (a thing that almost never hapenned before). In absolute the number of shitposting posts is not very high but relatively to the board trafic this is huge. I wouldn't be surprised if more than a half of the posts over the past week were pure shitposting. This is shitting up the board activity pretty bad as far as i can see.

An example of what i'm talking about :
>>>/po/539790
>>>/po/539193

So could we have a little bit more moderation on that ? i guess some ban from /po/ for those posters should do the trick if they're not ban evading. should i report every single dubs posts i see ? but i don't really want to do that, i'm already reporting few "gas the kikes race war now" threads a day... What about other slow board ? i also browse /n/ (it takes about 1 week without activity for a thread to get archived) and i never see this kind of problems. Is there the same problem on /i/ or other really slow board ?
>>
Why are so many threads on this board formatted in this way? And why is your English so bad?
>>
I don't go to /po/ but I'm bumping this because it is the duty of the strong to protect the weak.
>>
I don't know if he's done it very recently but it wasn't unusual to see a swaglord sticky on [s4s] telling anons to go to a specific board and spread shit around.
>>
>>545224
Calm down, those threads were done for a few weeks and they weren't intended as raids. They were literally encouraging posters to browse those boards as a way to broaden their 4chan horizons. Not everything is done with malicious intent, especially if it originates on [s4s].
>>
>>543501
>Why are so many threads on this board formatted in this way
what do you mean ?

>>545224
>>545226
Well i didn't know about that, the problem is that /po/ has very little trafic, so it doesn't take much to spoil almost every active thread.

When i report offtopic threads they get deleted but not the dubs posts. And these posts are slowly killing the board.

Obviously there is no janitor or moderator on /po/...
>>
another example of dubs filled thread :

>>>/po/539917
>>
File: welcome to po.png (100 KB, 506x395) Image search: [Google]
welcome to po.png
100 KB, 506x395
>>543473
>>>/po/
>>
>>545217
This. /po/ is a nice board
>>
>>545921
That reeks of /r9k/ and [s4s]
>>
and another one
>>>/po/539999

I should have voluntered as a janitor
>>
>>543473
It's because of one of those iceberg images. It's the one about shitposting, and it has "checking dubs on /po/" as something in a lower tier, so people are doing it for that ebin 4chin credo.
>>
>>545224
Seriously?
>>545226

As far as I know and care, s4s is a cancer containment board. Why would a moderator make threads linking other boards?
>>
>>543473
/po/ doesn't deserve this. they're a nice quiet board with no need for trumpfuckers or stormfaggotry.
forget reddit and tumblr; /pol/ not sticking to their containment board is the cancer.
>>
File: faggot.gif (864 KB, 242x200) Image search: [Google]
faggot.gif
864 KB, 242x200
>>546763
>I'm gonna willfully ignore all the dubs and check em threads but still complain
>It's okay when [s4s] does it
>It not shitposting its funposting
>>
File: 1464672640364.jpg (82 KB, 820x441) Image search: [Google]
1464672640364.jpg
82 KB, 820x441
/a/ on suicide watch
>>
>>545226
>and they weren't intended as raids
Encoraging the spastics from /s4s/ to post on tiny boards is to anyone with a bit of honestly, a mod sponsored raid.

>Not everything is done with malicious intent, especially if it originates on [s4s].
While monkey having fun in an antique store may not have any ill intent, the person coaxing dozens of them into the small store is at the bare minimal chaotic neutral.
>>
>>545224
>>545926
>>546805
>>546958
[s4s] here. It's not us, but whoever is doing it is trying to make us join them
http://archive.4plebs.org/s4s/thread/4467020/#q4467020

@mods plz don't let slow board get bullied ;~;
>>
>>546959
more links btw:
http://archive.4plebs.org/s4s/thread/4467095/#q4467095
http://archive.4plebs.org/s4s/thread/4465829/#q4465829
>>
>>546959
>[s4s] here
Fuck off you retarded spastic manchild who is too afraid of /b/ so you hide away shitposting in your autistic little hugbox with swaglord.
>>
>>546965
I get your post and all but one thing is missing:
Where are the dubs? I don't see a single dubs in your post. Maybe you should have thought about getting dubs before you posted this angry tirade on the internet buddy.
>>
>>546954

>>546916
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.