[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get rid of the 72 hour limit on /qst/ threads. It does not help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1425188867246.png (2 MB, 1065x902) Image search: [Google]
1425188867246.png
2 MB, 1065x902
Get rid of the 72 hour limit on /qst/ threads. It does not help at all and hinders quests. There is no reason there should be an unnatural lifespan on quests. It makes no sense.
>>
>>524381
The limit is to reduced the amount of old quests that some people would just bump and keep on the board even when no one is interested in it.
>>
>>524411
Then that should be done on every board. There's no reason to have it on /qst/ when that doesn't happen.
>>
>>524423
Most boards are faster than /qst/ so it is unneeded. The time it takes for a thread to hit page 10 is about 20 hours on /qst/ for goodness sakes.
>>
>>524423
Quest makers are much more personally invested in their threads and willing to keep the thread alive longer than it should be.
>>
>>524381
This, and get raise the limits on the number of concurrent threads a poster can have.

Also remove quests from /tg/ already, for fucks sake.
>>
>>524428
You're saying that a quest no one uses can be bumped for months if nobody uses it. This can happen on every board you mongoloid.

The problem is that some quest makers use the same thread until it hits bump limit. If they do, they can't make another thread for 20 hours because they have to wait for the old one to fall off the board. Or, if they return to the same thread after sleeping and start again, the autosage will automatically sage the thread even though it's being used. This is stupid.

I fucking hate quests and don't want them on /tg/, but let's at least make their new home decent. Otherwise the spastic ones will keep shitting up /tg/
>>
>>524381
THIS
H
I
S

Change it to activate after no OP posts for 24 hours.
>>
>>524425
>The time it takes for a thread to hit page 10 is about 20 hours on /qst/ for goodness sakes.
So? Do you call that a fast board, /b/fag?
>>
>>524381
>implying anybody cares about this
Don't worry OP, we'll just keep on trudging in between retardation, false flags, retarded statistics and everything else. Just make another thread.
>>
>>525962
pretty much. Questfags don't care about quests. They just want to be on /tg/ because they want to shitpost
>>
>>524428
I have not seen any examples of this happening. When a thread is done, they give it up.
>>
>>526092
What are the quests on /qst/ right now, then?
>>
>>526141
Mostly of the "single short sentence about situation, what do?" variety that gets abandoned after an hour because the OP gets bored that you can find on /b/.
>>
>>526175
Here are just a few of the biggest ones.
>>86471
>>71514
>>92797

I'm not wasting my time linking all the real quests. Use the /qst/ catalog for yourself for that.
>>
>>526235
>>>/qst/86471
>>>/qst/71514
>>>/qst/92797
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.