[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ mod out of control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 16
File: 1460337004318.png (626 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460337004318.png
626 KB, 1280x720
Right now on /co/, threads are being autosaged early, and many people are getting 30 day ban evasions despite having no bans before.
In many cases, it's only happening to cartoons on Nickelodeon, which sounds like some network bias.
But it's also been out of control in the drawthread as well.
Hiro please do something. The mods that work that board need to be told to back down, if not outright fired, I've seen no less than a dozen questionable 30 day bans in the ban list today alone and I know that doesn't cover all of them.
>>
>>493386
FOP spammer is a fucker who thinks he can get away with his shit scot free
>>
>>493393
I'm not talking about a "FOP spammer", I haven't ever seen such spam on /co/.
I'm a drawfag who occasionally draws for FOP and just used a random image from a recent thread just to have an OP image.
The thread that was autosaged was a Loud House thread.
>>
>>493396
I guess I should explain. The FOP spammer is a faggot who evades constantly and spammed FOP threads back in the day. He also likes posting in Gravity Falls threads, and has recently started posting in Loud House threads as well
>>
There's no such thing as "autosage."
>>
>>493396
Yeah, that sounds like some personal issue of yours fueled by paranoia or autism.
It has nothing to do with what I'm talking about here.
>>
>>493403
I knew FoP threads had a ban evader, but I didnt know the Loud House meme-er was the same guy. Though he does have the telltale sign of posting the exact same thing every thread.

Either way I feel that's just the mods using that as an excuse to fuck up the threads. Ive experienced several normal threads get deleted mid-conversation, or autosaged when everyone is having a normal convo. Plus most every drawfag in the FoP threads has apparently gone to chan-infinity because posting thier art got them banned. I'd go to but that place is Deader than Disco

I never go to /gfg/ because nah, lol
>>
>>493407
The Loud House thread was unable to be bumped even though it was well under the post limit.
Or its called permasage I really don't know. Either way it's pointlessly killing a thread without leaving evidence it was deleted.
>>
>>493411
I think the guy you are replying to is just the same guy, covering his tracks or building his "rep", but if he's the reason every is getting handed 30 day bans now, it's bullshit, since they can't even keep that one retard banned so they are causing more and more collateral.
>>
File: 1457597193655.jpg (137 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1457597193655.jpg
137 KB, 900x900
>>493396

I can confirm, The Loud House thread >>>/co/81657347 was auto-saged.

Also post in TLH threads are deleted regularly.

Current FOP had this post deleted for no real reason >>>/co/81679180

And most threads in /co/ have always deleted posts for questionable reasons with apparent 30 days bans.
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>493412
>being this fucking stupid
>>
>>493425
Epic reply with a stock reaction image.
>>
File: 1444291143574.jpg (24 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1444291143574.jpg
24 KB, 514x536
>>493430
>still not getting the point
>>
>>493417
It's actually retarded to think they cant keep one guy down so they delete threads with 30 to 100 posters instead

And yeah, that could very well be him, since I'm sure people came here from a few threads on /co/ that he may very well have been in.

You could very well be him.
>>
>>493432
I do.
You're a retard.
>>
>>493434
I recently came to the conclusion that the ban evader was made up just to shit up threads, either by an anon who doesnt like the shows, or mods who dont like the shows.

>>493432
I bet it's you
>>
>>493437
He's the guy you're talking to right now. Regardless the permasaging will be sorted out
>>
>>493433
The problem is the metaposting, plain and simple.
Either way, one person does not justify deleting or autosaging an entire thread.
I didn't even see any wrongdoing in the last few threads that had this happen.
>>
>>493443
You're not wrong. This will be sorted out, I assure you.
>>
>>493439
I think so.
The FOP spammer is a bogeyman the mod created, to cause metaposting or false accusations in these threads.
It's an anonymous website, unless he wears a trip, no one can tell who is doing what.
I know I was accused of being this person before, so it needs to stop.
>>
File: moddy.jpg (85 KB, 1903x458) Image search: [Google]
moddy.jpg
85 KB, 1903x458
>>493439

Yeah the guys is not even subtle... like when you tried to hide something from your mom.

Kinda cute.
>>
>>493438
That'd be nice, nobody has made a Harvey Beaks or FoP thread in weeks because it's lame to start a conversation only to have it screwed over.

Also I dont wanna see the shitstorm of an entire month of new Loud House episodes every weekday with it's current shitty moderation (and trolls, but mostly shitty moderation)

>>493443
There's a bit of metaposting yeah. I'd honestly accept evaders and metaposts as completely valid reasons for this happening if it didnt also happen to normal threads, and seemingly specifically to Nick threads.

[spoiler]And apparently also anything with animal characters? But that's not what this is about and I wouldnt really know[/spoiler]

Oh well.
>>
>>493445
Are you actually a mod?
Because otherwise your assurance doesn't mean shit.
I honestly think the issue is between the mod and one person, and instead of letting bygones be bygones, your both fucking up the board with this personal war of yours.
>>
>>493446
I was also accused of being a ban evader lol. For saying I didnt want a thread derailed by waifus. People got super jumpy and shit started that ended up in a deleted thread.

That's when I realised that doing that makes threads destroy themselves and he might not even be real. At least not in the sense that he's thought to be
>>
>>493448
No spoilers on /qa/ I guess? Ive never tried to use one here before
>>
>>493454
Yeah, it's usually the people going around accusing that are the ones causing trouble.
Either way I think more care should be taken on who is getting banned for ban evasion.
Just being a fan of FOP isn't a criteria for it.
>>
Also 4 Steven Universe threads.

>>>/co/81683156
>>>/co/81690000
>>>/co/81687363
>>>/co/81661238

How many threads they need to discuss a show in hiatus?

A lot of shows get threads deleted just because its hiatus and SU can get 4?
>>
>>493474
There were also around 4 nu PPG threads and 3 Star Threads up at once yesterday
>>
>>493407
As a big shitposter i can tell you there is a thing such as autosage.

I have no idea what exactly triggers it but my hunch is when a thread gets out of control and deleting it would just cause a bigger shitstorm a mod puts the whole thread into autosage so it cant be bumped anymore despite the post count. Its happened on this very board.

If a thread you're shitposting in goes into autosage consider your job well done.1
>>
>>493386
I agree something needs to be done, this kind of thing is ruining /co/, and just leads to people leaving 4chan for other Chans, which shouldn't be happening
>>
>>493386
The /co/ mod is shit, I moan about him in the happenings thread all the time
He hates fun
>>
The drawthread has been getting hit HARD but I didn't realize that it was also happening to other threads.

Exactly how many of these posts can one accuse of being a ban evader before they seem completely ridiculous and paranoid? It's not possible even from what I've seen in the drawthread alone unless you'd like to believe that several drawfags with distinct art styles are a single ban evader.

Now that I've learned this is happening to a multitude of threads I'm even more baffled than I was before. How exactly has this mod (or group of mods) not been removed yet?
>>
There is already a thread partially on this subject >>491372 . The amount of deletions in that thread alone is fairly disgusting. It is blatant that posts that are too critical of staff are being purged and labeled as the "ban evader" while equally inflammatory responses, probably from the mod, are left up. It is asinine that this is allowed to continue
>>
File: CNW5KFlUcAAolVy.jpg (65 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CNW5KFlUcAAolVy.jpg
65 KB, 600x450
and the FoP thread got autosaged. At least it took all night to happen.

Though it happened AFTER the thread went back on topic because these guys cant do anything right.

And there still hasnt been a single thread in at least two months that was allowed to simply die and reach page 10, everything has been saged or deleted.

>>493659
I dunno about the Drawthread (because I never knew how to get into that honestly, I'd like to though, but obviously not now) but you can tell some of these threads are being watched like a hawk because posts will consistently get deleted a minute or two after being posted. And it's always more than the troll posts. Normal posts always get hit too.

Also every single drawfag in the FoP threads has been scared of posting due to being banned, apparently. So someone might just have it out for artists drawing for shows they dont like
>>
>>493407
Yeah there is. I've seen it happen on /vg/ to lolg and xivg
>>
>>493705
Why do people even believe there isnt?
>>
>>493811
Isn't it obvious?
The mod is here too.
I wonder when he'll just hand out 30 day bans for everyone that posted here.
>>
>>493386
Western normalfag trash doe not in any fucking way belong on 4chan, so be glad your kind is even allowed a cancerous little board at all. Shut the fuck up and piss off back to your containment board. You have no place here to make demands of moderation.

Remember your fucking place, scum.
>>
>>493813

Is this a test to see if this post will get deleted?
>>
>>493804
It rarely happens and it's impossible to prove to people who weren't there.
>>
>>493870
>Makes little sense to to give out such long bans in the first place
I think the idea is that the IPs people use for ban evasion may later be used by other ban evaders, so having a thirty day slows down other shitposters. I just wonder why shadowbans aren't a thing yet.
>>
>>493885
Thats some falwed logic, also doesnt address the fact that innocent bystanders are getting flagged as ban evaders.

Also shadow banning wouldn't solve shit.
Not only would the whole site need to be re worked for something like that but any shitposter could just hop on another device (tablet, phone, ect.) and see they're shadow banned.
>>
Here is how it seems things are going down.The mods will maintain silence like always except especially in this case because this is undeniably BS. They have probably told this janny/mod to lay low for a week since he doesn't seem to be flipping out quite as hard anymore. These unfair bans and terrible biased moderation will not be answered for and they will probably resume after these threads hit the archive and everyone forgets about it. Enjoy your 4chan experience lads
>>
>>493889
>innocent bystanders are getting flagged as ban evaders
No system is prefect. You can always have the ban lifted if you inherited a banned ip.

>Also shadow banning wouldn't solve shit.
Obviously you can't solve shitposting on an open site like 4chan, but shadow banning would definitely slow down habitual shitposters since they'd need more than a new device to check on that.
>>
>>493900
Shut the fuck up and link some bans you tin foiled fuck.
>>
Holy shit, a Loud House thread started today and got deleted before I could even check it out, what the fuck

>>493813
bait?
>>
>>493906

Have you been keeping an eye on the ban page for the past four days?
>>
>>493903

No system is perfect, it's true. But there's a difference between some inevitable mistakes and the moderation that has been happening on /co/ lately.
>>
>>493903
> they'd need more than a new device to check on that.
Umm my phone has a diferent IP than my computer and last i checked we sont require accounts on 4chan tied to users.

You sure you know what you're talking about?
>>
>>493912
It's the exact opposite for me. So ummm maybe not.
>>
>>493813
Mods should lay into /tv/ more than /co/ to deal with shitty normalfag redditors. /co/ at least tends to behave itself while /tv/ is usually at least half-comprised of some layer of ironic shitposts and completely useless threads that die in 2 posts, or yet another low quality forced-meme-filled discussion on capeshit movies.
>>
>>493407
hello newfag
mods can permasage any threads they want, and also insta-archive them
there are also board-specific terms that when put in the OP will cause a thread to permasage automatically, try making a thread on /v/ with "waifu" in the OP and see how long it lasts
>>
>>493938
I believe you also can't start a thread on /b/ with "pony".
>>
>>493938
>board-specific terms that when put in the OP will cause a thread to permasage automatically

I actually wanna know more about this

>>493930
/co/ is definitely much better than /tv/ despite seemingly being the centre of "pol vs tumblr" on this site so I agree
>>
Everything old is new again
http://desustorage.org/q/thread/446375/
http://desustorage.org/q/thread/453237
>>
File: 1441487452203.gif (497 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1441487452203.gif
497 KB, 500x375
>>493900
I believe this is indeed what will happen.
>>
>>494167
Form a suicide pact please
>>
File: 1459023355580.png (340 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459023355580.png
340 KB, 640x480
>>494092
>ban evader boogeyman
>drawfags leaving
>one person behind every problem in 50 threads
>complaints about waifus when threads that are literally just "post your waifu" exist
>mods not realising they're creating an environment that degrades the threads by running away all of the people who create discussion or content
>people realising the ban evader is probably a mod or doesnt exist

Literally the exact same problems as now in every way. >>493900 is right.
This reminded me that yes, it is also true now that FoP hate threads never get saged or deleted.

In fact, I remember a hate thread that eventually became a normal thread as people started discussing the movies, and then it got abruptly deleted. ban evader my ass.
>>
>>494092

This is sad. I feel like this mod will never be held accountable for his actions.
>>
In light of all the posts ITT, here's what's going to happen. I'm going to bump this thread every time it hits page 10. Then when it reaches the reply limit I will be making a /co/ Moderation General. Yes, a general. It will run from here until the end of time until the staff answers us. But even if they don't it will hopefully stop this pattern because it seems to die down when a /qa/ thread is up.
>>
I hope you enjoy the watchmen because I'll be dumping it in each one
>>
Let's not forget that the mod has done all this while ignoring the a blatant RP thread.
>>
>>>/co/81710994
We've lost the cringe thread.... https://desustorage.org/co/thread/81710994/#q81710994
>>
File: 1411314422329.gif (461 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
1411314422329.gif
461 KB, 500x420
>>494428
Another day of joyless agony on /co/mblr. Thank you Redwood, you humorless bitch.
>>
Holy fuck /co/tards are the worst, culturally. Full of self-importance and delusions of their cultural relevance.
>>
>>494433

Tell us when an anime movie makes $500m
>>
>>494436
>I measure my cultural relevance by box office figures!

lol holy shit get some self-esteem
>>
>>494433
>Self-importance and delusions of cultural relevance
I just don't want to be banned for 30 days for posting Jimmy Neutron, space senpai.
>>
>>494438
to be fair to the /co/ kid, the other guy did bring up 'cultural relevance'. Comic book stuff is bigger than ever. Anime is on a cultural decline if anything.
>>
>>494438

You seem to be upset at being BTFO
>>
>>494442
>Comic book stuff is bigger than ever
Capeshit movies. No one gives a solitary fuck about the books.
>>
>>494445
So? Manga and comics are both small timers in terms of current cultural impact. More than ever adults seem to be watching cartoons too for some reason. The cape movies and series land with much more of a cultural splash than anime series and movies.
>>
>>494442
>Anime is on a cultural decline if anything

Hardly.
>>
>>494442
Schlocky movies for people with low standards is not some kind of cultural renaissance. It means the studios have found a cash cow audience and are bilking it for all they're worth.
>>
Just thinking out loud, are these half assed derailers the mods or simply shitposters? Thanks for bumping though
>>
>>494451
The original phrasing is 'cultural relevance'. There is no denying it is culturally relevant, and in a big way. Just because it's degeneracy doesn't mean you can't say it isn't relevant.
>>
>>494458
There's a common suspicion that the derailers are janitors.
>>
>>494458
>>494460
Be glad citizen that your thread remains despite calling for mods to be fired with no evidence to back your accusations.
>>
>>494462

>ban page
>/co/ deletion page
>links ITT

That was hard
>>
>>494463

But thanks for reminding me to provide extensive irrefutable links in the future General OP. Too bad the ban page doesn't have an archive
>>
>>494438
I measure my cultural relevance by the culture I live in.
Anyone who thinks /a/ is more culturally relevant than /co/, /asp/, or even /biz/ must be living in a basement.
>>
>>494464
Maybe someone should start taking pics? I was actually thinking about doing that myself but by the time I thought of it the 30 day bans were slowing down.
If this does start up again, that might be a good idea. Although you will of course always have at least one unpayed totally unbiased reasonably skeptical anonymous citizen with no stake in this topic claiming it is photoshopped.
>>
>>494433
/co/ is really what you think about when self importance on 4chan comes to mind?

>>494462
Thanks janitor, you're good to us
>>
>>494470

I'm thinking of desustorage links for everything possible. For bans on the ban page a gyazo link would be the best solution.

If anyone has links to contribute, post them here. I already have four drawthreads saved.
>>
>>494471
I am not a janitor, I am simply pro-establishment.
>>
>>494477

Let us know what you think when the general is made with dozens of links, "not a janitor"
>>
>>494462
No we are just calling for the /co/ mod to get fired, the /qa/ mod does his job well and honorably.
As for evidence, I've posted a lot over the last few weeks from threads deleted for no reason to RP threads being ignored.
The /co/ mod has no knowledge of the board's culture I wouldn't be surprised if he only got the job to troll a board he hates.
>>
File: 1411723876836.jpg (24 KB, 303x287) Image search: [Google]
1411723876836.jpg
24 KB, 303x287
>>494477
The janitor is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a janitor and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”
>>
>>494480
>>494488
Knock it off guys, I'm not a janitor.

But please provide proof in the OP next time if you want to be more convincing.
>>
>>494495

Will do. Although snooping around this thread and the archived ones will net you proof already

I'm again calling for anyone to provide relevant links as I'll be compiling them
>>
>>494499
I don't really know how many links there could be that are relevant to this.

Maybe just add more info to the links you already have, like a deleted post count next to each desustorage thread link. Those are over 100 each thread.

And then next to the recent bans page has an ongoing counter for every ban evasion, with the little note that you only started counting a week after the bans started and missed the biggest ban sprees.

Just supply simple, relevant, quick facts alongside links, or somewhere on the OP. I think that would go a long way towards convincing people that this is a problem.
>>
>>494511
If there's thousands of deleted posts, shouldn't it be really easy to compile a representative sample of convincing evidence?
>>
>>494514
No idea why who you're responding to was deleted (he was probably trying to be funny), but they aren't because of the incredibly wide range of what has been deleted and the fact that this has happened over YEARS. Thousands is a conservative estimate. It's tens of thousands. Anyone who frequents /co/ will tell you this.
>>
>>494495
janitor janitor janitor
>>
>>494495
>>494505
The links in the Drawthread post that was linked here early on as well as the archive links to people having the exact same problems here 3 years ago are at least cause for some sort of understanding.
>>
>>494523
I don't know why you think I'm a janitor. Janitors aren't allowed to say they're janitors, or else they get fired.
>>
There are 5 threads up about the powerpuff girls reboot and 3 of them devolved into tranny discussion while any threads about anything airing on Nick get deleted.

What the fuck man?
>>
>>494557

SJW and /pol/ discussion is often unchecked by the mods. Their priorities lie elsewhere.
>>
>>494591
>SJW and /pol/ discussion is often unchecked by the mods.
Not really. If a mod or janitor catches sight of those, /pol/-leaning posts are deleted on sight while SJW posts are left untouched.
>>
>>494595

It depends from time to time but yeah. A few years back it was left unchecked by a larger degree. On the whole, most political discussion doesn't receive nearly the amount of anal attention that other much less deserving posts do.
>>
>>494600
That's because politics is bullshit, man!
>>
>>494602
t. uneducated pleb
>>
>>494618
what does t. mean?
>>
>>494630
Lurk, newfag.
>>
>>494632
I've asked this question 24 times and seen t. 89 times.
>>
>>494633
Too bad.
>>
>>494632
>>494634
You don't even know what it means.
>>
>>494640
Fuck off. You're trying to trick me into telling you and it's not gonna work.
>>
>>494633

It's referring to who authored the post

in this case "written by" uneducated pleb

Stop bumping this with unrelated garbage
>>
>>494642
Don't spoonfeeed you faggot.
>>
>>494642
No that's clear from context, but what does t. mean
>>
>>494646
It's like "regards" or "sincerely" for Finnish people
>>
>>494650
>
>>494643
>>
>>494652
It ended this autistic conversation in a /co/ thread, so
>>
>>494652
>Giving answers on the Questions and Answers board
>>
>>494650
Thanks
>>494652
What does > mean
>>
>>494650
>finnish
As expected from fina
>>
>>494655
> = Implying.

When Anon calls another anon autistic, the first anon feeds the other a (You) with the reply
>Implying you are not autistic too
or just
>And you are not
or even just the sideways "v" all on it's own, as seen here >>494655
>>
>>494657
So he was implying a quote?
>>
>>494658
He was implying that >>494650 was spoonfeeding and should not be.
>>
>>494659
Thanks 'non
>>
>>494663

It can also be used simply to quote people or as a replacement for beginning tenses in a story.

"I was walking to the park. I saw a dog" becomes
>walking to park
>see a dog
>>
>>494672
I hate that. It is fucking annoying to read. I can hardly comprehend how retarded this site's community is that it became the PREFERRED way to read a story.
>>
>>494679

Brevity soul wit
>>
>>494679
Bland narration of the "I was walking to the park. I saw a dog" form is extremely uninspiring.
>>
>>494679
Then leave.
>>
>>494692
I'd rather just kill you.
>>
>>494697
Seriously. Leave.
>>
>>494698
Seriously. Die.
>>
>>494700
No. Leave and go be autistic over at Reddit. They might take your childish death threats seriously over there.
>>
>replying to yourself
>>
>>494701
I bet your blood tastes good. I'd love to have some while it's fresh.
>>
>>494702
Stupid posts like this are why we this board needs IDs.

>>494703
Don't try to sound tough, child.
>>
>>494704
The last person who called me child is now a pile of dust. Sounds like you want to share her fate.
>>
>>494710
I am making the conscious decision to believe that this is satire.

So what are you thoughts on the current status of moderation on /co/?
>>
>>494714
I don't really go there so I don't particularly care. I just like to laugh at the people who are so insecure that they say "/co/mblr."
>>
>>494704
I made that stupid post because I couldn't believe someone was actually obtuse enough to take "I'll fucking kill you" seriously
>>
File: 1436841711630.png (300 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1436841711630.png
300 KB, 500x500
>>494692
>>494697
>>494698
>>494700
>>494701
>>494703
>>494704
>>494710
>>494714

the worst part is that you two most likely arent underage
>>
>>494591
>>494595
>>494600

For some reason, /pol/ack vs tublrite conversations are allowed to flourish on /co/ because people there cant seem to shut up about either.

Though that's likely because after video games, people think comics are the second thing being "taken over" by SJWs.

/pol/ posts are sometimes deleted more quickly but I do find them to be the more cancerous of the two on /co/ (elsewhere might be a different story) so I dont mind that much
>>
Well this general seems like a dece idea, I'll probably do it myself sometime after this hits the back half of the catalog
>>
https://desustorage.org/co/thread/81734720

Hey, someone stated a Tootie thread, maybe we can turn it into a normal discuss-

Nope, deleted after 7 replies.

Could it be off topic? No, all the comments are show related.

Could it be because waifus? No, because there's a Steven Universe Pearl thread up, one about mooning, a husbando thread up, a Teenage Robor waifu thread up and a gay thread

Could it be the ban evader? No, because that made up person has been painted as a Tootie basher, not a fan.

Could it be because that one guy who was cringy? That's not enough to delete a thread

Besides the correct answer which is /co/ mod bias, all I can think of is deleting it on the off chance it "might" turn sour, which is retarded

I was just about to start talking about current show happenings too. But obviously not now.
>>
>>494967
The fact that you'd defend "tootie a cutie" as normal discussion is reason enough to delete every FOP thread. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>495012

I don't think it's an A+ conversation either but other shows' threads with the exact same level of discussion don't get deleted
>>
>>495016
It's entirely possible that you have confirmation bias. Why don't you put some thought into your FOP thread and watch it only get deleted once some autistic fuck cries about moderation or starts posting smut.
>>
>>494714
>I am making the conscious decision to believe that this is satire.
This being the newfag who doesn't understand greentexting or t., I'd say not.
>>
>>495018
There were several threads with thought put into them that get deleted, that's the whole point of this post. A thread with a bunch of anons discussing a possible Big Superhero Wish sequel got saged, for instance.

Also the point is that it never got a chance to actually become a full conversation. Like the saged thread here from 2013 said, deleting threads because of what you think might happen is idiotic.

Not that it matters, because threads that only start due to a picture and no text is very common.

There's no bias when it can literally be compared to other threads up now. Like that thread that's only image dumps of people showing ass.

Not that it matters because "there's a minimum level of conversation that's required to keep your thread up" is arbitrary and subjective and will only be used for threads mods wanted to delete anyways.
>>
>>493407
I'll demonstrate it for you
>>>/s4s/4328365
try to bump that thread
>>
>>493407
mods can autosage faggot, they even from time to time revive shitpost threads and autosage it.
>>
>>495034
>There were several threads with thought put into them that get deleted
Which have yet to be linked oddly enough

>never got a chance to actually become a full conversation
They're not going to keep waifu shit around just in case a few people want to discuss the show. A better option is make a real thread first if you want a dialog.
>>
>>495034
>A thread with a bunch of anons discussing a possible Big Superhero Wish sequel got saged, for instance.
The first one was saged. The second one was deleted.
>>
>>495149
>They're not going to keep waifu shit around just in case a few people want to discuss the show

I'd agree if waifus isnt half of /co/ at any given moment. In fact, threads that are literally labelled "waifu threads" exist every day.
>>
>>495227
>>495222
That shit should be deleted too. Have you reported it at all?
>>
We also have this console war faggot, who is always making threads about Batman v Superman.

Not to mention the numerous Zootopia threads.
>>
>>493386
/co/ has some of the worst mods on the site. The Janitor Logs confirm that there's a mod (a vocal SJW one at that) who lurks /co/, so it should come as no surprise that he treats /co/ as his personal fiefdom.
>>
>>494431
Redwood hasn't been a mod in years though
>>
>>493386
Good
That board used to be good
Used to be
>>
>>495805
That doesnt even make sense. The mods are commonly thought of as the reason /co/ isnt that good now.

Either way, I'm sure Nick shows, a couple others and the drawthread arent the sole reason it supposedly sucks.
>>
>>495841
Ive literally never gone to one once so I cant even comment on that. Same with /sug/
>>
>3 threads about a cartoon is bad
>20 threads about the same 2 movies is normal
another day on the "comics" and "cartoon"s board.
>>
I just want my /sug/ back

I think it's silly that threads that are on topic (about cartoons) are getting deleted.

If there's shitposters in them, ban the shitposters, but don't start deleting discussions because you don't like the cartoon
>>
>Make silly little shitpost
>Post deleted, 15 minute warning
>"Oh okay whatever"

>Go to post today
>Additional 24 hour ban for the post

If you're going to ban me, at least do it properly the first time

I'm pretty sure this counts as double jeopardy in court and I can sue
>>
>>495012
People like you are why people like the mods are the oldest and newest cancer.
>>
>>496061
pretty sure the 'warning' was you being disabled from posting while the ban request from the janitor was processed by a moderator
>>
>>496090
You're not going to get away with your bullshit
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 640x427
how do we make/co/ great again?
>>
>>496012
3 threads about a cartoon they dont like, remember. We usually have 4 PPG threads and 2 Adventure Time threads at any given moment. And the wierd combo of banning /sug/ but still allowing 3 SU threads at once.
>>
I've never seen one mod ruin a board as hard as /co/.
I can almost understand hiro not knowing enough about western animation to not give a fuck, but none of the other mods seem troubled that someone is going around handing out 30 day bans like candy?
>>
>>496185
The other mods simply don't give a shit at all. But yeah he really is out of fucking control if he's pulling that shit.
>>
>>496105
Good users? If everything is garbage, it doesn't matter who gets banned and what gets deleted.
>>
>>496242
I think that while there's a battle in the Loud House thread, the threads are just too large to not delete without the fallout being worse. There's usually 100 posters a thread. Whoever deletes them despises the threads existing but know that with 100 posters and one new episode a day next month, they'll have to live with it. Still deleting them and saging them, but after like, 300 replies

While FoP and Harvey Beaks are on hiatus, so the people arent coming in as much and so with less posters a thread, it's easier to delete quickly.

God help Loud House threads once May ends
>>
>>496090
>Asks what got deleted and gets deleted

Thas real fuckin spooky yo
>>
>>496629
I'm scared ;_;
>>
I imagine it's a ban evader and the mod is just re-banning him and deleting all his posts.
>>
>>496637
It happened to a drawfag in another thread so there's at least one misfire
>>
>>496637
It's happened to several drawfags enough so that nobody wanted to post art in FoP theads
>>
>>497000
Yay~
>>
File: deleted.jpg (32 KB, 866x194) Image search: [Google]
deleted.jpg
32 KB, 866x194
>>497137

haha

You are right.
>>
>>497021
milkless trips
>>
>>497686
Wbump

http://youtu.be/xEVMfG8z490

KISS MY TIGHT WHITE ASS
>>
I've noticed that this is a cycle that happens on a lot of boards. A mod gets a stick up his ass and starts mass-banning people and deleting threads, and chases off all the drawfags. It always starts with drawfags, because to these mods OC is "cancer"since it contributes to and perpetuates things they don't like.

Then users get mad and they start getting banned. Then the umbrella for what isn't allowed expands, and before you know it the board is a husk. The only threads that survive are generals since they're the only things that can be considered "on topic" and the board dies.

It happened to /tg/, and its happening now. It's also almost always a board a mod claims as theirs, too- /tg/ had kittenmod, and the Janny chat logs confirmed that one mod is constantly lurking /co/ (which explains why the moderation is so strict.)

And the worst part? Nobody ever stops them. Everybody complains for months and the mods just stay silent and double down on deleting criticism until everyone that cares leaves the site and everyone else just gives up.

Just further proof that the biggest cancer on 4chan is the mods themselves. I'd rather have 100% unmoderated boards have these retards shitting on everything.
>>
>>497728
>I'd rather have 100% unmoderated boards have these retards shitting on everything.
I don't think you've actually contemplated the reality of what that would be
>>
File: 1454694069562.jpg (94 KB, 821x663) Image search: [Google]
1454694069562.jpg
94 KB, 821x663
>>496105
With more seals.
>>
>>497728
Ive actually started browsing /co/ a lot less already.

A FoP thread that got started just now got deleted because one person mentioned /pol/

The board has become tedious as the only threads and posts allowed to flourish are hate threads.

Complaining about CalArts or tumblr or modern cartoons or long runners are Guaranteed Replies™ and everything else gets shot down.

It really is becoming /a/ 2.0
>>
It looks like /co/ drawthread is back to handing out 30 day ban evasions.

As always, no way of really knowing on our end if they were actually evading or not, and not knowing whether or not it is just the two that show up on the bans page or not.

Just a friendly warning to anyone else in that thread while lurking in here to keep shitposting down just to be safe.
>>
It seems that this thread is on autosage. Guess I'm making that general sooner than before.
>>
File: 1460697736122.png (194 KB, 456x430) Image search: [Google]
1460697736122.png
194 KB, 456x430
>>498818
wait seriously?

This is unreal, lol. RIP /co/
>>
>>493407
>>498818

Irony, I guess.
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.