[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did this meme about /a/ not having any memes came from?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: 1459808284457.jpg (46 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1459808284457.jpg
46 KB, 600x400
Where did this meme about /a/ not having any memes came from? /a/ does have a lot of memes, there is a new one almost every season in fact. They just aren't the cancerous type of memes that get spammed and forced on every board.
>>
>>487948
>Where did this meme about /a/ not having any memes came from?
Where has anyone ever said that?
>>
>>487948
>They just aren't the cancerous type of memes that get spammed and forced on every board.
Tell it to >>483120
>>
>>487950
It occasionally pops up when a thread about /a/ not being friendly explodes into shitposting.
>>
/a/ is too wimpy to project serious meme power other than making a handful of threads on /v/.

>>487960
I think /a/'s elitism and standard 4chan blame avoidance (b / pol / v / s4s is responsible for everything wrong ever, can't possibly be this board being shitty) is more of an issue.
>>
>>487950
Pretty much all the time on /qa/. Guess it's because they stay in their reddit colonies instead of actually visiting the board they are talking shit about.

I mean, why would you expect to see an /a/ meme on a board that wasn`t /a/? I don't see many /v/-related memes outside of it either. The cancer kings like /tv/ and /pol/ like to pride themselves in smearing their shit across every board, but I think board-specific memes are much better.
>>
They have the smug anime girls, that's it. It's a meme of sorts.
Everything else... I don't know. Nothing that makes a lasting impression.
"Over 9000" might be the last weeb-meme that non-weebs enjoyed.

I see stuff sometimes like "generic anime girl no. 2311 on the front page", but that's not a meme, it's just shitposting.
>>
>>487948
>They just aren't the cancerous type of memes that get spammed and forced on every board.
Umaru
>>
>>487980
The majority of /a/ hates it too.
>>
File: Umaru_PSVITA.jpg (97 KB, 479x609) Image search: [Google]
Umaru_PSVITA.jpg
97 KB, 479x609
>>487976
This is not the point of this thread. It's about memes in general, not their popularity among the masses. Most of /a/'s memes would just look dumb out of context.

>>487980
Only place other than /a/ where she gets posted is /v/ and it's because she's semi-related to the topic of the board.
>>
>>487948
/a/ has only one meme. it's called anime.
>>
File: Chaika_on_the_front_page!.png (2 MB, 10000x10000) Image search: [Google]
Chaika_on_the_front_page!.png
2 MB, 10000x10000
>>487948
Oh come on I don't know if it are actual /a/ fags or just bypassers but the newest anime season meme gets always spammed on all boards.
>>
File: 1436703713502.jpg (72 KB, 487x460) Image search: [Google]
1436703713502.jpg
72 KB, 487x460
>>487976
chuk
>>
>>487948
>Funi colors

FUCK. YOU.
>>
>>487976
exactly this. /a/ could have thousands of memes for all i know. every anime picture i see could be a meme unto itself with its own origin and history, and i'd never know because all i'd see is "another anime thing."
>>
>>487948
Why do you care what other boards think about /a/?
Why would you want to see anime related memes outside of /a/?
>>
>>487950
Someone fell for shitposting and thinks it's a meme. Typical /a/utist, unable to distinguish the two.
>>
File: 1314341595602s.jpg (4 KB, 117x126) Image search: [Google]
1314341595602s.jpg
4 KB, 117x126
/a/ has plenty of memes, silly. Have we already forgotten about VIRAL MARKETING?

http://www.lurkmore.com/view/The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya
>>
File: 1459645818383.jpg (102 KB, 550x695) Image search: [Google]
1459645818383.jpg
102 KB, 550x695
>there's no meme on /a/
>>
>>488559
>saving thumbnails
>>
"waifu" must be the biggest /a/-meme, it's even used by non-weebs.
>>
>>487948
/a/ and /v/ are culturally dead.
They're the Spain and Portugal of 4chan. Once great, now nothing and clinging to past memes.
>>
>>487948
Recycling memes that were made in 2006, with a slightly different image, isn't creating anything.
All modern /a/utists know how to do is mindlessly spam opinions, images and posting styles of the people before them, only without the relevant context.

Spergs cannot into context.

>>487963
>I think /a/'s elitism
You are confusing elitism with a hivemind. Elitism would infer a sense of meritocracy.
>>
>>488563
That is over fucking 5 years old, anon, and they still mindlessly spam it at any given opportunity.
All /a/utists are really capable of is spam.
>>
>caring about memes instead of OC
>judging the quality of a board based on this
You faggots are what's wrong with 4chan and the Web. You only come here to be the first to repost the newest dank meme on facebook or reddit to impress your friends with your nerd cred. You don't care about having fun. You don't care about contributing to the community. When was the last time you posted something creative on a board? I bet none of you even has Photoshop or another image editor installed.
>>
>>489152
Does having gimp and regularly using it to edit peoples posts, images and templates with stupid shit with the intent of pissing everyone off count?
>>
>>487948
/a/ has memes they are just shitty ones, like keitai or waifu related
>>
>>489152
MSpaint should be all you need, faggot
>>
File: ban12.jpg (236 KB, 1600x824) Image search: [Google]
ban12.jpg
236 KB, 1600x824
>>487984
>>487986
>>487980
Completely agree with you guys, I actually just received a 30 day ban along with a couple 3 day bans for breaking multiple rules just for spamming the threads with a little bit of gore.

For some reason a mod removed the bans, so mods = gods i guess lmao
>>
>>489254
I'd like to ram a number of screws through your throat for typing in all lowercase when you're shitposting and then shifting to "proper" typing when you want to be taken more seriously. How fucking hard is it to just type properly at all times? It takes only the teensiest modicum of effort. Fuck you. If technology is ever developed to hurt someone across the internet I will remember you.
>>
>>489254
to be fair I somewhat deserved them, but isn't spamming all of those umaru posts breaking rule 10 or whatever rule is no extreme shitposting outside of /b/?

I mean sure that fish meme or whatever is one thing, but that person doesn't try to purposefully bump it. After the thread is made and dies, it stays dead for whatever hours.

Fuck I hate umaru, but I'll be chill about it for maybe 24 hours. And then it's back to spamming that thread with whatever it takes for mods to just start banning umaru threads too.

>>489256
Okay then. Reason why I do that while shitposting is because well it is shitposting. I was posting guro while saging, and I only started talking in lowercase once a janitor starting to give me warnings.
>>
>>489256
Also, it's kind of hard to be taken seriously while you are posting hardcore guro, which is definitely not allowed on a blue board, but since apparently umaru is, I've only recently started pulling this shit on the umaru threads.

A lot of people on /a/ already hate them. When did these things even start?
>>
>>489256
i always post in lower case when i'm rabidly shitposting so that it's made obvious to even the most oblivious
>>
>>489256
>I'd like to ram a number of screws through your throat for typing in all lowercase when you're shitposting and then shifting to "proper" typing when you want to be taken more seriously.
But, anon, that is exactly what you should be doing. lowercase posting is basically shitposting so you may as well go all out and if you are doing anything more you should be typing properly.
>>

"Semen Demon" and "Chinese cartoons" are great contenders for actually being more obnoxious and annoying than cuck.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.