[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't all the newfags wanting niche boards to be made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1456363406305.jpg (13 KB, 415x354) Image search: [Google]
1456363406305.jpg
13 KB, 415x354
Why don't all the newfags wanting niche boards to be made for them just go to 8gag and make them themselves? (assuming they don't already exist).
>>
>>483090
>bitching about niche boards
>/a/ /c/ /d/ /h/ /m/ etc exist
Go outside you fucking failure.
>>
>>483094
>/a/
>Calling someone a failure because of the existence of the first board that was created
You're going to need to explain your reasoning.
>>
>>483100
/b/ was the first board created, revisionist

they were just arguing about that in >>482708
>>
>>483094
>/a/
>niche
>>483105
and it was called anime/random nerd
>>
Do they actually let you make your own boards there? I'd consider it.
>>
>>483107
>/a/ was the first containment board created*
*ftfy
>>
>>483109
It won't get anywhere.
Trust me, the only boards that have activity their are /v/ and /pol/, which a both irredeemable trash
>>
>>483105
The first two boards were /a/ - Anime/General and /b/ - Anime/Random
But you'd know that if you weren't brand fucking new.
>>
>>483115
/lolcow/, /kr/, and /bane/ are pretty good.
>>
>>483140
Yeah, but takes a day just to get a fucking reply
>>
>>483115
/leftypol/ is active
>>
>>483124
I'm not new and that isn't how it happened, revisionist. The first board was /a/, then /b/ got made, then all the animeposters were told to go to /a/ because they're fucking annoying to the non-wapanese and /a/ was the first containment board.

See >>483136
>>
>>483154
that's okay, i'm a patient man
>>
>>483178
How is that picture even somewhat relevant? moot created the website to discuss more than just anime, no fucking way. That doesn't change what the first boards were.
>>
>>483090
>go to 8gag
>have discussion
>"you are the sjw"
>"shills are cucking you"
>"your post was probably submitted"
OK, it's not really so bad except for the last one. Better than /qa/.
>>
>>483186
>your post was probably submitted
What does this even mean?
>>
>>483190
It means the site is fucking up and you never got confirmation whether your post is accepted and rejected, wait a few minutes while refreshing to see if it shows up and if not post again.
>>
>>483180
>moot created the website to discuss more than just anime, no fucking way.
No he didn't, allow me quote moot in that screenshot:

>4chan is not (anime related) only , in fact I wanted it to be broader. The reason (anime) currently encompasses the board is the fact that they're actually posting, and not brooding up half-witted anti-4chan remarks here. (anime) is also the only board I posted 4chan on, as some of the members helped me out.

He then went on to ask the world2ch people what other non-anime boards he should make. Furthermore ADTRW was always a containment board Lowtax made to keep the wapanese off of GBS anyway.
>>
>>483207
>moot created the website to discuss more than just anime
>No he didn't
So you're just very aggressively agreeing with me?
>>
>>483210
Oh sorry then, I'm having a convo in that other thread about the same shit and I guess I got you mixed up with the other poster. I thought you were saying this was an anime website. I'm just tired of seeing weebs convince newfriends of this.
>>
>>483140
/loli/ is also pretty chill.
>>
>>483115
It doesn't matter if it won't get anywhere. I'll be fine if I'm the only one posting on it. But I want to know how it works.
>>
>>483234
It's pretty simple, anon.
>>
>>483240
Do they let you change stuff afterwards? And is there any limit to how many you can create?

Also, how strict are they when it comes to claiming dead boards? I see one that hasn't been used in over a year that I'd like to own, but I don't know if I need to type some long explanation explaining why I am most qualified to own the board or if I can just type a one-liner and be done with it.
>>
>>483246
>Do they let you change stuff afterwards?
Yeah, but not the immutable stuff such as the the URI.
>And is there any limit to how many you can create?
Not that I've noticed.
>How strict are they when it comes to claiming dead boards?
I've never claimed one, but I'm sure that they would only care if the board actually has users.
For example, /11432268590890447685765788/ hasn't had any posts in a year and the owner has literally never once looked at the board. I'd be willing to bet that they would give it to whoever asked.
>>
File: file.jpg (251 KB, 1907x2209) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
251 KB, 1907x2209
>>483246
I don't know about board claims, but I just made a shitty board that will never be used so I could screenshot the settings panel. I'm pretty sure they don't have any maximum number of boards you can create.
>>
Also if 8gag is not to your taste, here are some alternatives:
https://8ch.pl/
https://endchan.xyz/
>>
>>483249
>a shitty board that will never be used
Fuck you, I just used it.
>>
>>483248
>>483249
Thanks for the information. This honestly sounds like a pretty neat concept for a site.
>>
I made a list of recently created boards in mspaint:
https://jii.moe/NJjBUXDAl.html
>>
>>483178
wow you are more autistic than barneyfag
>>
>>484403
You seem perturbed.
>>
>>483252
Site rivalries aside, it would really be better to recommend one of these at this point given how bad the posting error situation on 8ch has gotten.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.