[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mods on /v/ deleting kotaku threads Explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: file.jpg (136 KB, 608x832) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
136 KB, 608x832
>mods on /v/ deleting kotaku threads

Explain
>>
>>471449
SMASH'EM,HULKSTER!
>>
is this a troll thread?
>>
>>471449
SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER!
>>
>>471466
No.

Hulk Hogan cucked Gawker to death. Gawker owns Kotaku. People are celebrating, but the mods don't want them to.
>>
>>471449
Nice body, girlie.
>>
>>471449
This is a perfect demonstration of why gook moot needs to create a /cel/ board.
>>
They're removing the excess threads, memes, and spam that try to flood the board. /v/'s explosive reaction to this would ruin the entire board for a week or two if nothing was done. They're trying to contain it like they try to contain any other big event. This is nothing new.
>>
>>471523
No it isn't. This has nothing to do with vidya and is just niGGers.
>>
use the fucking catalog
>>
>>471528
Let /v/ die
>>
>>471553
No. The only way I will agree with you is if video games can be banned entirely from 4chan.
>>
>>471531

>one of the biggest vidya sites (and one of the most cancerous) is kill
>Nothing to do with vidya

Oh, the irony
>>
see
>>471312
>>
>>471659
>Oh, the irony
One, you don't know what that word means.
Two, explain to me how this whole situation could possibly lead to discussion about fucking VIDEO GAMES, not video game clickbait blogsites.
>>
>>471664

The effect the media has on the buying habbits of the masses, and the effect -that- has on what publishers/devs perceive that the masses want.
>>
>>471665
Okay, you've explained the theoretical aspect, which is still tertiary at best.

Now do you think that's what ACTUALLY gets talked about in those threads? /v/ is and has always been too immature to have an actual discourse on that subject. It always comes back to cucks, SJWs, reddit, et fucking cetera. Not to mention we already have /biz/ and /news/ to talk about this, both of which are currently sitting almost unused because people would much rather use /v/ as their epicenter for all things politics, lifestyle, business, and MAYBE video games I GUESS.
>>
>>471670

>Moving the goalposts
>muh booGGieman

Oh, the irony
>>
>>471449
>mods on /v/ deleting kotaku threads
Good. The best way to deal with SJWs is to not give them attention.
>>
>>471659
>kotaku
>big
wwwwwww
They are 'largely' irrelevant.
>>
>>471659
>Shitaku
>Vidya
I really doubt any of their staff plays games, and most of the articles are either shitty clickbait or dumb SJW bullshit
>>
>>471593
We're talking about /v/, what do video games have to do with it?
>>
I got away with a 500 post one this morning. They're not deleting 'em. Just make sure to make it clear why they're video game relevant.
>>
>>471489
Mods made like two huge stickies on /v/ and /pol/ about it, even looped Hogan's theme song
>>
The topic, while fun, is only marginally /v/-related. There's two boards people can go to if they want to discuss it.
>>
File: 1458344081672-2.png (1 MB, 655x720) Image search: [Google]
1458344081672-2.png
1 MB, 655x720
>>471670
>theoretical aspect
>we already have /biz/ and /news/ to talk about this
Do you think that if MAL or ANN was suddenly shut down /a/ wouldn't have a thread on it because those sites are "tertiary at best" and aren't actually anime? Because that's about how fucking retarded you're sounding right now, anon.
>>
>>473152
Kotaku never was /v/ related.
>>
>>473359
>video games isn't video games

oh honey
>>
>>473837
Bloggers aren't video games.
>>
>>471664
>Two, explain to me how this whole situation could possibly lead to discussion about fucking VIDEO GAMES
So a website which is entirely about video games (kotaku) isn't related to video games anymore? Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>473844
Kotaku isn't a blog. E-celebs isn't video games.
>>
>>473843
They talk about video games, have interviews and connections with developers, have a massive audience and influence the industry. You're basically saying that you can't talk about something like the Oscars on /tv/.

Really this attempt to desperately diffuse the discussion of something you don't want people talking about is fucking pathetic. You're one of those cancerous sycophants who agreed with m00ts lies about gamergate when it was on /v/, aren't you?
>>
>>473849
>. You're one of those cancerous sycophants who agreed with m00ts lies about gamergate when it was on /v/, aren't you?
What lies you stupid niGGer? GG was fucking activism and was no different in anyway to chanology. Shit got banned for being pure cancer and it shouldn't of even been allowed to sprout.
>>
>>473843
Video game culture is /v/, fagotron
>>
>>471449
/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD/POL/TARD
>>
>>473867
Bloggers and e-celeb aren't vidya culture.
>>
>>473872
If they blog about video games they are.

Don't like it? Tough. That's the way it is.
>>
>>473974
If I put on a tripcode and shitpost about video games long enough can we have threads dedicated to me, too?
>>
>>473978
If you become a major part of video game culture, then yes.

You're being willfully dense now, as per to be expected from r/s4s/.
>>
>>473980
>If you become a major part of video game culture, then yes.
So popularity is one of the criterion for being posted on /v/ now?
>>
File: mpv-shot0487.png (754 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0487.png
754 KB, 1920x1080
>>473980
>kotaku
>a major part of video game culture
>>
>>473983
>weeb
>thinking they deserve an opinion on anything

Go back to your containment board
>>
File: mpv-shot0209.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0209.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>473985
Sounds like you don't belong on 4chan, faggot.
>>
Kotaku at it's worst was clickbaity, at it's best, the only fucking website in all of gaming media that actually did investigative journalism. (Their EB games/Gamestop expose actually led too a class action lawsuit against Gamestop/EB by employees)

Honestly the only reason people hate Kotaku is because of Patricia Hernandez's social criticism.
>>
>>473995
I hate Kotaku because of Eisenbeis, the guy who pretends he's the king of anime but always writes the most entry-level opinions that you only get from reading /a/ threads and not from actually watching the shows.

I also hate that it was even possible for me to type that. Why the fuck is it not just a video game site? Why is some fucker writing anime reviews? Fuck Kotaku.
>>
>>474014
>Why is some fucker writing anime reviews? Fuck Kotaku.

Because it was originally a Japanese pop-culture site.
>>
>>474014
>Why are there anime reviews on Kotaku
Remove the first K in the site's name and I think you get the answer.

It's really too bad that it became dumb clickbait and pointless SJW shit that have no place there.
>>
>People attempting to call Kotaku e-celebs
>That one guy who keeps calling every a niGGer
>Just ignore the biggest video game journalist website, it'll go away

Wow, this thread is filled with idiots. I don't like Kotaku either but, This is the dumbest collection of wishful thinking and mis-usage of terms since /v/ itself.
>>
>>474224
It's already going away, thanks to legal reasons
>>
File: Frozen Reimu Fumo.jpg (46 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Frozen Reimu Fumo.jpg
46 KB, 480x640
>>474224
>biggest video game journalist website
>>
>>473844
Do you think discussion about video game reviewers should be allowed on /v/? Why?
>>
File: 1453187531641.png (175 KB, 400x363) Image search: [Google]
1453187531641.png
175 KB, 400x363
>>474224
>biggest video game journalist website
It isn't. There isn't a single person in the industry who treats it as such. Everytime it is brought up, they are called fucking bloggers and kotaku a blog. Even wikipedia does. Kotaku has never been journalists.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.