[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/x/ is beyond dead. The moderation suppresses any forms of self
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 800x800
/x/ is beyond dead. The moderation suppresses any forms of self moderation, yet refuses to clean up the role playing and garbage, resulting in an unstoppable line of shit being welcomed in, pushing off good content and driving good posters to stop posting to the board. We have no rules that address specific problems of the board. It's the creepy board yet they have neither modified the rules to suit the diverse topics nor have cleaned shit to make it a genuine creepy board. Instead of an informative and useful sticky, we get a dump of dead links that served only to reduce any actual discussion about creepy internet things, further killing the board's activity. On top of that, while keeping troll and RP threads up, the moderation will randomly purge actual relevant threads. Meta threads uncovering this abuse and neglect will also quickly be deleted. This is not a message to the moderation, who don't read this board. This is a message to the users who started coming here for change after Hiro came. They don't read this board, and they won't listen to your pleas, so don't bother here. Neither, however, will they respond to meta threads or feedback reports. They don't care about /x/. Make them care about it. It is up to you and you alone. One voice doesn't cut it. The only way to get /x/ to a decent level now is to be militant. Report and spam the board with all the shit you can, specifically the shitty threads. Chase them out and make the mod team listen. If you actually care about /x/ and its classic culture, now mostly lost because of all the newfags, do something about it.
>>
>>444373
k
>>
>>444373
Is there any board that isn't actively made worse by the fucktard mods?
>>
>>444972
/diy/

God I love my homeboard.
>>
tl;dr: I'm a whiny little fucktard who thinks he can control the mods because he doesn't want to leave his precious 4chan for another website
>>
/x/ should have been deleted long ago.
>>
>>444989
He says as he whines about a post on 4chan
>>
Like... whatever dudebrother.
I'm OK with /x/ as it is. It's my homeboard after all.
If I want actual paranormal discussion I can always go to /fringe/ anyways. I heard they finally got their own chan up and running again.
>>
>>445156
Honestly, unless you've been here long enough to remember when it was a creepy board and not full of delusional teens, you're not going to understand.
>>
>>444373
>/x/ is dead

Duh
>>
File: 33271156_p0.png (75 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
33271156_p0.png
75 KB, 500x500
>>445160
I was one of the delusional teens that ruined your precious board. Now that I've ascended to intelligence, nihilism and a wicked sense of humor I'm capable of laughing about all of it and as such I need the current /x/ so that I can laugh at all those who think like how I used to think. I know you're mad, mad at me and all of the rest of circlejerking faggots which got drawn to /x/ like moths to a flame but there's nothing you can do about it now. I'm not sorry though, because after all 「it's not my fault」.

Time to go back to making sure that that evil spirit that I've known since middle school isn't trying to kill me again now.
>>
>>445167
SICK Kumagawa reference, bro.
>>
/tin/foil when?
>>
>>445167
Now I know what a retard really looks like. Congrats, hope you enjoy getting banned.
>>
>>445171
You should have seen me back in my prime days.
Kumagawa was my vessel for absolute power which I used to hold a massive reign of terror in a considerably small imageboard made up of /jp/ immigrants who fled to 8ch once moot left.
>>
>>445174
>retard
I prefer the term "superior". Also, you must be pretty damn stupid yourself if you didn't even know what retards look like until I made that post.
Maybe I shouldn't have listened to my mom after all and actually pursued that small dream of mine to become a schoolteacher. I've just proven that I'm quite capable of teaching one of inferior intelligence so I could even have been an elementary school teacher, an outstanding one at least.
>>
>>445191
>Tenshi unhappy about being tied up

What the fuck is this shit? Immersion broken.
>>
Some quality threads the mod team is letting stay up

>>>/x/17361288

>>>/x/17356865

>>>/x/17365013

>>>/x/17363508
>>
>>446074
I don't see anything wrong with any of those, so I'm going to pretend your post is completely unsarcastic.
>>
>>446076
>I don't see anything wrong with any of those

Then you are a moron
>>
Divination general needs to go. No point in it. Not creepy, not productive. Just a bunch of cancerous kids pretending they can see things.
>>
>>447642
> Just a bunch of cancerous kids pretending they can see things.
> implying this does not describe the whole board generally.
>>
>>447645
/x/ is about creepy. There is a difference between having fun with investigations, creepy images, and creepy stories, and a literally daily thread that does nothing but attract the underaged people from other sites who want to treat the board as if it is a breeding ground for teenage "magick". Yes, we fucking get it, the board is shit. This stupid "lol we're the low IQ board" attitude is not and will never help it to get back to the state it once was.
>>
File: c11.png (50 KB, 348x311) Image search: [Google]
c11.png
50 KB, 348x311
>>447647
This OP:
>So, /x/ is getting better recently, but there's been a lot of debate about what it's *for*. So lets sort this out-
>-is creepypasta /x/ related?
>-is creepypasta that's rubbish (and then a skelington poped out) /x/ related
>-are conspiricy theories /x/ related?
>-are magick/chaos magic etc /x/ related?
>-is religion /x/ related?
>These are all pretty common topics on /x/ that get called shitposts.
>As well as this, we could use some stronger moderation, or at least a few active janitors, both to get rid of the shite and to give at least a semblance of consensus on what's /x/ related.
https://desustorage.org/q/thread/23284/#23284

And the capcoded mod reply:
>"Paranormal is a general term (coined ca. 1915–1920) that designates experiences that lie outside 'the range of normal experience or scientific explanation' or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure."
>―http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal
>All of the topics mentioned in the OP are allowed on /x/, as well as other various things that fall within the definition of "paranormal."
https://desustorage.org/q/thread/23284/#29191

Should clear up your complaints.
>>
>>447668
And that's all nice, too bad the rule won't be updated, nor will the sticky. Regardless, the myriad of topics is out of date for current /x/ with all the low quality posts that fit into that. Not to mention, you're posting a thread from 2012. You won't get any answer from moderation regarding current issues, such as mods/janitors deleting random creepy threads, mods/janitors leaving blatant troll threads up, mods refusing to fix the sticky/rule, mods/janitors supressing self-moderation on /x/ but not on a board like /a/, mods/janitors suppressing meta threads.
>>
File: 1444528300094.gif (19 KB, 580x536) Image search: [Google]
1444528300094.gif
19 KB, 580x536
>>447676
>the myriad of topics is out of date for current /x/
I don't even know that that means. Try to explain your gripe here better.

>all the low quality posts that fit into that
The answer isn't to ban them, the answer is for the community to get more educated on their own topic so it's not a succession of "how do i tupla" threads.

>such as mods/janitors deleting random creepy threads
Here's a thing, what's creepy is subjective. What creeps you may not creep another, what does not creep you may creep another. I've seen some questionable sweeps, but I generally only see real garbage getting deleted.

>leaving blatant troll threads
Here's another though: Ever think that /x/, being low traffic and low priority, might have a jani that's not always there? And it may take them a while to get to a report? If anyone even reports in the first place, as I've seen dozens of threads where people complain then if you ask if they report they say it doesn't do anything so they don't bother.

>sticky/rules
That's a thing.

>self moderation
?

>meta threads
They're havens for angry ban evaders, for the most part, I've not seen one posit ideas to fix the community in a long damn time.

/x/'s low quality is just as much in the hands of its users as it is lack of coherent support from mods. Hell, we're lucky we even have a mod these days compared to the daily /b/ raids.
>>
File: x.jpg (5 KB, 266x48) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
5 KB, 266x48
>>447699
>I don't even know that that means. Try to explain your gripe here better.

The myriad of topics that /x/ evolved to contain in 2007 is out of date because of low quality posters. Not difficult.

>The answer isn't to ban them, the answer is for the community to get more educated on their own topic so it's not a succession of "how do i tupla" threads.

>Here's a thing, what's creepy is subjective...

And that excuses it? You were supporting a bunch of topics on /x/ a couple of posts ago.

>Ever think that /x/, being low traffic and low priority, might have a jani that's not always there?

After a couple of weeks?

>That's a thing.

Good argument. The sticky is full of dead links and only stopped people from discussing creepy things on the internet because they were directed to a fuckhuge dump that may or may not have had anything relevant to the topic posted. There is one rule, that's not applicable to current /x/, and if they want it to be, they should moderate accordingly.

>?

Are you kidding? Telling low quality/irrelevant posters to get out.

>They're havens for angry ban evaders

They're a place to talk about the board's problems. When there's nowhere else to do it, and nobody responds to feedback reports, you shouldn't get mad when people make a meta thread.
>>
>>447702

>>The answer isn't to ban them, the answer is for the community to get more educated on their own topic so it's not a succession of "how do i tupla" threads.

Forgot to answer this. This doesn't make any sense. There's no education about it. You don't get that the people who make these threads and who have come to this board in droves are not the people who will care to understand the history of /x/, and guess what, lurk more doesn't work anymore because the near entirety of what /x/ used to be is gone because the majority are now newfags.
>>
File: TAKE IT.png (5 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
TAKE IT.png
5 KB, 400x300
>>447702
I'm not mad, friend, I'm telling you my thoughts on the matter of the board.

>the topics are now out of date
So, you want /x/ to be about new things? Post about them instead of whine.

>supporting /x/ topics
Yeah, what I was trying to get at was rather that instead of a hard-cut distinction on other boards "this thread is not about transportation vehicles" or "this thread is not about origami", and when faced with a report, the mod's going to have to make a judgement call about what the community thinks, and he may not be right about it every time.

>argument
I wasn't arguing? I was agreeing. On the topic of rules, iirc from people bitching about their ban screenshots, the off topic rule is "not creepy or paranormal" or something. Somehow I don't think updating the rules page with the extra word is going to somehow boost quality.

>are you kidding
I see threads get deleted or banned all the time. The worst just keep evading. The sad thing is that /x/ is actually slow enough that a couple posters dedicated to quality in their topics could push out the garbage but this is 4chan and everyone's lazy as shit.

>>447708
You sound bitter, m8. It's a spoop board on the webbernet. TAKE IT EASY. I think you're underestimating the number people who love the board.

For what it's worth, folks have been posting about a lot of the things you're complaining about (magic, divination, etc.) since the first couple months of the board's creation. Just because you don't like it, or don't remember it, or do remember it but didn't participate in it, doesn't mean it don't belong.
>>
>>447720
>So, you want /x/ to be about new things? Post about them instead of whine.

That's not what I meant. They are out of date because nobody who posts about them posts good content. At this point, there is no reason to keep them on /x/ precisely because they manage to push any good content off. You can't post about them, because of the above and all the good posters don't post because they do not like the current state of /x/.

>Yeah, what I was trying to get at was rather

Sure, but this is a consistent thing, and the posts being deleted are often staples of old /x/.

>I wasn't arguing? I was agreeing.

Then I read your post incorrectly

>You sound bitter, m8.

I'm angry. I'm angry because I want to enjoy going to /x/ and have decent discussion about what used to be talked about without encountering "not paranormal", "shill", "just open your mind", "illuminati is real and here's a YT video about a music video", etc. We can't even have many good threads except maybe once in a blue moon because they get pushed off.

>folks have been posting about a lot of the things you're complaining about (magic, divination, etc.) since the first couple months of the board's creation

There was a point where it didn't dominate the board and had at least a higher quality to it.
>>
The religion threads are the worst part of /x/.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.