[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video Culture and Video Industry Boards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
Last thread hit the bump limit and is gone now. Basically here's what happened: Last thread we discussed the possibility of having two new video game boards created in order to help clean /v/ up of shitposting and slow the board down. One board would be called /vi/: Video Game Industry. The other would be /vc/: Video Game Culture.

/vi/ would be dedicated to topics such as GamerGate, SJW's, Feminists, Journalism, stock holder meetings. Like it or not SJW's and censorship have become so embedded within video games it is now a part of the video game discussion. However many of these topics tend to either get deleted to tend to be derailed by shitposters, the biggest problem plaguing /v/. By having a board for this, people can go here and discuss and complain about anything related to these fields, Gamergate supporter or not.

/vc/ would be sort of a /v/, but more fun. What this means is that /vc/ would be dedicated to threads such as Deep Sea, Santa Hats, LOL Comics, Video game waifus, and even little /v/ adventure games /v/ used to have back in the day.

The point is, we need change for /v/. /v/ cannot keep being like it is anymore. It is a disgrace and a joke that /v/ has allowed to have gotten this bad, when shitposters constantly derail and ruin threads, and moderators who don't do their jobs cleaning it up because, simply put, the board is too big. A split would help, because not only would you be forcing people off /v/, but you'd be reducing traffic on /v/ a lot, thus giving it more breathing room and allowing /v/ to go back to being a board for just talking about video games again, no drama or politics involved.

http://strawpoll.me/6351919
>>
>>391133
>>391133
How about no more fucking niche boards
>>
>>391144
But anon how will be ever become reddit2 if we don't have 1000 niche boards that nobody cares about?
>>
We could just remove "video game culture" from the board rules and just ban stupid honeypot shit like web comic threads and e-celeb drama shit. No need to make a whole new board.
>>
>>391145
/qa/ is the reddit and tumblr board after all
>>
>>391150
/co/ is the tumblr board.
>>
>>391145
>that nobody cares about
>please ban all the metavidya flooding /v/, it's too much!

Pick one and only one.
>>
>>391167
i'll take the first one because we're already at 2 boards that have been made because /v/ is shit and people wanted to escape.
>>
>>391149
We could, if the mods weren't idiots and did their fucking jobs. But they don't because they're lazy asses and the board is too big for them to clean up
>>
>>391144
>>391145

Well then I hope you enjoy a shitty, godawful /v/ that is almost impossible to post on
>>
>>391133
Fuck off, your idea is stupid. We don't need anymore boards and these boards would only multiple the fucking problem, you stupid moron. Use your fucking head, you stupid redditor
>>
>>391182
>Fuck
>fucking
>fucking
>>
>>391186
Are you picking on my native tongue, you fucking cunt?
>>
>>391188
Are you australian?
>>
File: Ichima Platinum Mad.png (329 KB, 666x536) Image search: [Google]
Ichima Platinum Mad.png
329 KB, 666x536
>>391189
Do you have a problem with that, faggot?
>>
>>391144

No more niche boards. Yes to boards too hypothetically big to be consider niche.

>>391149
see >>391173
>>
File: Patriotic Laughter.jpg (62 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Patriotic Laughter.jpg
62 KB, 1920x1080
>>391191
Hehe...
>>
>>391173
All website decisions should be done with the mind that the mods will at least moderately do their job. You're ideas are pointless in that regards because all of the problems are solved with the mods doing their job. In addition, those boards would do nothing but descend into madness and shit up the entire site if its made with the idea of the mods not doing their jobs right. Instead of suggesting garbage pointless board ideas, advocate for the mods to talk with anons again and for hiro to tell them to do their job, you fucking mongrel moron
>>
>>391195
>You're

No, but in all seriousness, if everyone's concern is that the cancer spills to other boards, are you implying /v/ is currently "containing" that cancer?
>>
>>391196
Are you trying to imply that splitting /v/ would somehow fucking contain that? The only that would happen is intensify that and make everything worse. Containment boards don't contain anything
>>
>>391197
>Are you trying to imply that splitting /v/ would somehow fucking contain that?

Aye, that's what I'm saying. Make a great great wall between the vidya and the meta to make /v/ great again.
>>
>>391199
/v/ is so shitty /vg/ and /vr/ were made because they couldn't stand being in that shithole anymore.
>>
>>391199
You're an idiot. Your containment boards won't fix anything, only make the problems worse. It won't fix /v/, it won't stop retards from posting and at the end of the day will shit on the rest of the site. You're an idiot talking out of his redditarse without any idea of how the site runs or what certain actions and changes cause. Splitting /v/ won't make it great, it'll make it worse. Fucking moron
>>
File: 1318667276838.png (43 KB, 209x201) Image search: [Google]
1318667276838.png
43 KB, 209x201
>>391197

>containment boards don't contain anything
You keep saying this, I'm starting to think you actually believe it. But why?
>>
>>391205
>Your containment boards won't fix anything
How do you know that?
>It won't
Oh, ok, but how do you know?
>You're an idiot
I guess I am, but why wouldn't it work?
>Splitting /v/ won't make it great, it'll make it worse
But why?
>Fucking moron
Ohhh ok, It's all very clear to me now, thanks.
>>
>>391207
Because they don't? Containment boards is getting a topic and jamming it into its own board to isolate it from everyone else. However, this causes it to grow its own culture, it then gains popularity and then new people go to it. After a certain amount of time it then proceeds to spread its culture elsewhere through the rest of the site and newfags who came for said board thinks its how you are meant to treat the rest of the site. Containment boards don't fucking contain anything, because it allows something to grow and then explode everywhere. You can't use /mlp/ as a example as its a fucking special case as it was globally fucking hated. But, even then, I'd hardy say the stupidity and autism of its users was contained. /vg/ contained fucking nothing and only caused general culture to grow even more and is now infecting the entire site
>>
>>391218
>After a certain amount of time it then proceeds to spread its culture elsewhere

Realistically, in what way could video game industry discussion leak into other boards? Or are you worried the ebing menes leak into your homeboard? get real, if your homeboard is as good as you think it is, you shouldn't be worried about these may mays leaking into your sphere via crossboarding.
>>
>>391221
It's like talking to a brick wall, no wonder you are suggesting something so stupid. I shouldn't need to explain what's going to fucking leak out, not knowing shows your ignorance of site history, how it works and how fucking new you are. I'm not explaining it to you, how about instead of you suggesting stupid shit, you lurk moar instead
>>
>>391223
Watch out guys, this oldfag has been here the entire summer, he's ready to roast all posters that disagree with his cool ideas.
>>
>>391224
Shit son you sure burned him.
>>
>>391230
>>391230
I know right? high-five me bro
>>
>>391224

So, you're worried about the ebin memes then? Or stolen gets?
>>
>>391235
>caring about stolen gets
/sp/ always takes them, why even bother?
>>
Anyone who keeps saying we don't want to be like Reddit is NOT fixing the problem at all. How would making /vi/ and /vc/ OR a /metav/ be making us look more like Reddit? I am sick of the Reddit boogeyman, and Reddit really needs a massive word filter
>>
>>391306
pretty much this, I can't believe people can get triggered by reddit so easily.
>>
>>391195
You don't seem to understand how badly the mods are doing their "jobs" do you? Take a look at /tv/ for instance. When you have mods like Swaglord and Redwood on board, you will never have a good moderation team, ever.

The mods DO NOT want to talk with the users because they hate us. As for Hiro, I don't even think he knows how to fucking talk to them. Because I don't think moot told them where the damn IRC channel for the mods is located at.

4chan is getting worse and worse because of piss poor moderation and because of the Reddit spam
>>
>>391315
>4chan is getting worse and worse because of piss poor moderation
4chan became worse because of the flood of newfags in 2008.
Before that, 4chan was actually ok.
>>
>>391322
Moderation isn't helping matters either. /v/ was great up until GamerGate happened. Now its nothing but shitposting and the mods don't bother cleaning most of it up.

It was only this year however, right after moot sold the site to Hiro, that the moderation team went out of control and the site went further and further downhill.
>>
>>391322
We have to save /v/, and this seems like the only logical reason that actually might work, since both boards would be fairly active
>>
>>391315
>they hate us
They have good reasons to hate most of us.

>>391328
I saw the website starting to go downhill around January.

>>391333
No, it won't. The guy from /a/ or wherever is right. You don't give cancer a home, it makes it feel comfortable and welcome, and then it will spread.
>>
Alright, I'll assemble some info into an image we can use for these threads.
>>
>>391338
So then what do you possibly propose? Because if you say Nazi Moderation I'll tell you right now that has never worked in the past. In fact it backfires a lot. Just look at /d/
>>
>>391338
Its already spreading to you idiot. Look at /mu/ and /tv/, the cancer is already there. The problem is, /v/ festered in this state for far too long and no one did anything.
>>
>>391338
>You don't give cancer a home, it makes it feel comfortable and welcome, and then it will spread.
I keep hearing it will "spread" but aside from memes, who cares? The /a/ guy never concidered, ironically, the case for /jp/, boy he must have surely enjoyed dem TOUHOU HIJACKS LOL
>>
>>391349
Not Nazi mods. There needs to be more janitors on /v/. And I actually believe that board specific mods should be a thing (at least on bigger boards). That way there can be more interaction between the mods and users, and the board specific mods will actually be invested in the board that they moderate. Slow and steady wins the race.
>>
>>391351
>/v/ festered in this state for far too long and no one did anything.
I hate to admit it, but this. The only reason these shitposting is tolerated is because its asociated with video games. If you want to have a clean /v/ you need to get rid of it, and a new board seems like a more definitive answer to that. Banning them can only get them so far, these guys haven/t stopped and won't stop until they find a place to do what they want away from video games.
>>
>>391352
If this that was happening with /v/ right now happened back then guarantee you 100% of the board would be on the side of giving these shitposters someplace to play their little games.
>>
>>391338
>The guy from /a/ or wherever is right
The guy from /a/ can fuck off, he just want /v/ nuked, you can't take anything he's saying seriously, the discussion should be held by those who want to improve /v/, not some /a/ustist feeling extra smug.
>>
>>391315
>4chan is getting worse and worse because of piss poor moderation
It's getting bad because of the newfag flood. If anything, moderation levels haven't really changed, but the mod activity never scaled with the posting speed. Who gives a flying fuck if the mods hate most of the userbase, so does everyone else. Would the fuck likes reddit and stupid newfags who treat the site as a shitposting ground? The mods can't even do their jobs right on the big boards except /a/ without stupid backlash. GG only made that more obvious

Going huurrr duurrrr the mods fucking suck at their jobs lets fucking make big changes because the mods are doing their job, hurr. Hurr splitting the board should fix the fucking problem because hurr somehow splitting a fucking board when it lacks decent moderation somehow fixes problems and won't make 2 massive problems. You stupid fucking moron

Instead of suggesting stupid retard ideas, suggest fixing the fucking moderation and getting them to talk to the community. It doesn't fucking matter what changes you make, its all moot if the mods are gay.

If you want an example of fucking containment boards not working, then look no further the sites two largest boards. Fucking /b/ and /v/. /b/ was the original newfag containment board and /v/ is the modern one. It sure helped stopped newfags flooding the rest of the site with their retarded ideals and culture of the site

You're an idiot who's talking how of his ignorant ass
>>
>>391349
>nazi mods is bad
>have this example of a board that had no problems
The point of nazi moding is to enforce the rules, kill board culture and decrease the boards popularity. Something /v/ needs
>>
>>391358
>these shitposters someplace to play their little games.
No anon, the shitposters want to discuss the making of the 'little games', not playing them.

Also, I keep hearing "you'll give shitposting a place to fester" like /s4s/ wasn't a thing.
>>
>>391356
Not gonna happen. Its hard as fuck to hire good mods, Hiro even said that. And our current mods have shown favoritism to other boards in the past, like /a/. If a mod is assigned two boards and he likes one over the other, who is going to get the most attention and who is going to burn?

>>391357
They just reset their routers or they shitpost from their phones. New boards would go a long way. Yeah /vi/ is going to be a battleground, but that is its main purpose really. /vc/ is supposed to bring the fun, good times of /v/ back and let people relax and have fun. Meaning keep e-celeb and LOL comics there and off of /v/. That way /v/ can go back to talking about video games again
>>
>>391359
>improve /v/
>l-lets g-give shitposters their own board because that sure as helps anything! surely itll stop them from posting on /v/! we dont need the mods we can fix everything without them!
>>
>>391360
I like your post anon, I like your argument. The extra 'hurrs' make it really compelling.
>>
>>391366
Your argument that new boards somehow stops shitposting and retards sure is compelling. Because that's all worked real well in the past
>>
>>391364
I'm sure it is very difficult, but I still believe that a reworking of how moderation is done is the best solution. I'm sure there are plenty of people on 4chan that would make good mods and janitors. (Not me though, I really couldn't handle it.)
>>
File: 1450358932155.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450358932155.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>391360
>suggest fixing the fucking moderation and getting them to talk to the community.
Please tell me you're joking. You have to. We have tried that before, multiple if not hundreds of times, and they refuse to talk to us. They don't want to answer questions, and they don't care for your opinion. Its either the mods way or the highway.

I can just show you the leaked IRC logs from the mods to show you how bad things are, but you can find that yourself
>>
>>391369
You haven't tried anything, because hiro is the one is control now, you stupid moron. /a/ has proven that the mods can't go against hiro
>>
>>391368
Again that all comes back to Hiro, and god knows what the fuck he's doing about it, if he's doing anything. The entire moderation team needs to go. Only the moderators of /a/ and /jp/ I guess can stay, but everyone else has to leave.

Again the problem is, it is fucking hard to find good moderators who won't become power hungry and corrupt
>>
>>391370
And has Hiro told the mods to fix their fuck up with /d/ and /aco/ yet?! Has he told them to clean up /v/ and /tv/? Has he told them to stop deleting things they don't like? Has he told them to stop banning people by linking them to /qa/ in other boards? No he hasn't done anything like that yet
>>
>>391369
To be fair, a lot of people can't even understand the rules, and many don't know what the rules are or even why they are in place. Why on earth would the mods actually listen to most of the userbase or even like them? The whole situation really is a mess.

>>391371
>hard to find good moderators who won't become power hungry and corrupt
That is unfortunately true.
>>
>>391360
>huurrr duurrrr
>hurr. Hurr
You ok man, you having a stroke there? Consider this: Moderation is a job that will never be finished. You can moderate it all you can, but eventually you will be overun. Then you'll have people complaining about moderation, as they are doing now, but the mods are probably scratching their heads saying "Well, we are doing all we can". Creating a new board for this, on the other side, is a definitve stance on something. It represents a very clear idea and it can be used to please most parties involved.
>/b/ was the original newfag containment board
I'm pretty sure /b/ was not made with that in mind, it was anime random first.
>/v/ is the modern one
If what you say is true, then why are you so upset that we try to claim back the discussion from video games only into the video games board and send the culture part (filled with newfriends, as you say) somewhere else?
>>
>>391373
All he's done is crash the servers multiple times every other week
>>
>>391367
>somehow stops shitposting
It's like thrash, it stopped the NSFW in /mlp/ and he furry in /co/. Your move.
>>
>>391361
>nazi mods WONT HAPPEN

FTFY matey
>>
>>391373
Yea, because hiro currently has garbage internet and isn't fucking here often. Telling him to make garbage boards isn't going to fix anything. Instead of throwing retard ideas that won't solve anything, how about you suggest he fix actual fucking problems and get him to force the mods to do their job and talk to anons. But, of course you aren't going to do that, because that's too rational and intelligent of a thing to do

You are asking for nothing more than 2 more flavoured /b/ boards. Because if you guys distrust of the mods is true, why would they fucking bother moderating your /v/ clones? They will just be high traffic lawless grounds and the mods still won't enforce /v/'s rules, you fucking moron
>>
>>391365
>l-lets g-give shitposters their own board (nice stuttering by the way)
>s4s is not a thing.
>>
>>391382
That's Hiro's problem for not fixing his internet already
>>
>>391388
He's not required to do anything and that's just something you stupid idiots think he's going to do
>>
>>391378
There was never a board for either of those moron. April /fur/sday doesn't apply either
>>
>>391370
>/a/ has proven that the mods can't go against hiro
All it proved is that Hiro, like moot, is interested only in anime. Are you surprised? He's a gook that has been in NIco Nico events, of course he only listened to /a/. I'm surprised he even listened to /sp/, moot must have told him "Oh, that's the second favorite, you can ignore every other board"
>>
>>391394
>There was never a board for either of those moron
Yes, so it was considered shitposting in their respective boards. Now you won't see it in both /mlp/ and /co/, because /thrash/ is hosting it. I think you accidentally agreed with me, thworing in some 'moron' in the process, but that's ok Anon :)
>>
>>391397
>is interested only in anime
You're a retard
>>
>>391397
thought hiro didn't care for /a/
>>
>>391399
You are trying to compare a small group of people who just wanted to post shit and a MASSIVE group of people who want to shitpost. They don't want their own board to shitpost in, they want to do it in /v/. New boards won't move the users, its incredibly easy to shitpost on 5 traffic heavy boards at the same time. You are just going to make flavoured /b/'s that aren't moderated and leaving /v/ still without any moderation. In addition, cause the rest of the site to be shit up because the new boards will bring in even more users and they think the way people act in it is the way to act on the site as a whole. Your shitty boards will also become nothing but activist hubs, which, is fucking horrible.

Without moderation the site can not function. Your ideas are stupid and getting hiro to tell them to nazi mod /v/ is a better idea. Because, I know this might be shocking, but vg culture and industry isn't actually that important. It has the same importance as the creation of anime or my porn has to their respective products. It doesn't and can talk about them perfectly fine without it. Everything to do with vg industry and culture is shitposting and as such gets banned, not catered to. It's obvious you are a stupid reddittard because giving topics entire areas is how you fix things, but that's not how it works here. You don't cater to cancer, you kill it
>>
>>391410
>You are trying to compare a small group of people who just wanted to post shit and a MASSIVE group of people who want to shitpost
So you're saying is that the only difference is the size of the userbase?
>They don't want their own board to shitpost in, they want to do it in /v/
Because, in a way, they are right. It's in /v/'s first rule. But the industry of video games, as is right now, has drastically changed from what it was 10 years ago. You can't properly discuss video game culture or the industry itself without detouring into externals factors, like ARGs, publicity stunts, bad PR and conflicts between developers.
>You are just going to make flavoured /b/
Jesus christ man how many boards are going to be the new /b/? Not even a day within /wsr/'s creation it was already called that and it isn't.
>Your shitty boards will also become nothing but activist hubs, which, is fucking horrible.
I get that the OP thinks GG would be tolerated there (or even relevant) but GG as of now has fuck all to do with the video games industry. It's more busy trying to survive to prove its oppositors wrong more than anything.
>Without moderation the site can not function
We are not against moderation! I think we have been very enfatic about it. Telling hiro to nazi mod /v/ hasn't done anything. I know so because Hiro directly read the posts from the /asp/ thread asking for Nazi moderation. He's not doing it. I feel we're going in circles. You keep telling me Nazi Moderation is the answer, I tell you it would be great but I don't see it happen, you call me names because you are getting frustrated. But you don't need to. This new board will happen. It will, don't worry too much about it. Hiro loves making new boards, he'll make this one. Everything is going to be fine.
>>
>>391428
>So you're saying is that the only difference is the size of the userbase?
You're an idiot

No, no. You CAN talk about video games without industry and culture, only underage retards can't.

Because /b/ is lawless ground you retard

GG stays banned. And the board will only encourage more to popup

> know so because Hiro directly read the posts from the /asp/ thread asking for Nazi moderation. He's not doing it.
I've followed every single one of Hiro's post. That never happened, idiot

Your board will never happen, because its stupid, you're stupid and Hiro would never listen to you when everyone else will scream no. Go back to reddit
>>
>>391433
>Your board will never happen, because its stupid, you're stupid and Hiro would never listen to you when everyone else will scream no. Go back to reddit
Shhhh, it's happening Anon, there's no stopping it. Don't be upset, everything is going to be fine.
>>
File: 1444327412024.jpg (66 KB, 502x519) Image search: [Google]
1444327412024.jpg
66 KB, 502x519
>>391435
Too bad it won't because you're an idiot and you will be drowned out with people calling you an idiot. Keep pretending to be smug, it's just a false sense of security because you don't want to face the truth and admit you are a ignorant moron
>>
>>391433
>You CAN talk about video games without industry and culture, only underage retards can't.
Oh, good to know! Then problem solved right? I guess I can refresh /v/ any second now and all dem non-vidya threads will be gone. Yep
>Because /b/ is lawless ground you retard
Who said the new boards would be lawless. /b/ is literally lawless, you're talking about a figuratively lawless board as a form of exagerating your points.
>I've followed every single one of Hiro's post. That never happened, idiot
You might wanna check the replies to his posts too, many many MANY users from /v/ directly ask him to step up the mod game.

Anon, honest question, do you have Tourettes?
>>
Holy shit, gamergate idiots are trying to bring their cancer again? And with the stupid idea of a board just for their industry activism crap? What a fucking joke. It's like they don't remember that their bullshit almost killed 4chan.
>>
>>391437
>Too bad it won't
If it won't then you have nothing to worry about. Don't stress out.
>>
>>391439
>I guess I can refresh /v/ any second now and all dem non-vidya threads will be gone. Yep
Shit man, you missed the msot important point I said
> only underage retards can't.

It'll be lawless because the mods won't like the board or give a fuck about it. And if they actually moderate it, it'll be so nazi the board will be completly dead and it still won't do anything to /v/, because the mods still won't care. Good job!

Wow! The admin doesn't respond to certain posts, so he mustn't care! No, he's clearly took note, but he is doing things one at a time and doesn't really have the ability to do anything right now

Anon, honest question, are you mentally retarded?
>>
File: 1446482536356.jpg (61 KB, 903x862) Image search: [Google]
1446482536356.jpg
61 KB, 903x862
>>391442
Who ever said I was stressing? Apparently people who are aggressive and a cunt means they are stressing, nice logic
>>
>>391446
>anime

kill yourself my man
>>
>>391440
You mean when moot decided to go on a banning spree to please a girl who worked at Gawker that he wasn't fucking?
>>
>/v/ talks about game developers
>"OFF TOPIC! GOBBLE GOBBLES! SHITPOSTERS! REDDIT! RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!"

>/a/ has Voice Actress circlejerks
>"They are completely on topic! They're an important part of the industry!"
>>
>>391518
When /a/ talks about voice actors they talk about how their voices sound, not retarded socjus twitter drama like /v/ does when they talk about game devs.
>>
The "not vidya" argument has always been a smokescreen to shout down discussion of issues within the game industry.

Things that affect the games industry, which includes pricing, digital distribution models, the press, statements by developers, and yes, sometimes the attitudes of the public towards the industry are all relevant.

Just like film, what goes into a game is not just what goes onto the disk. It's affected by the attitudes and climate that surround its development. You cannot discuss art in a vacuum without context, and industry chat is absolutely part of that context.

Case in point: Half-Life 2's original release being delayed and changed due to source leaks, or VtM's development cycle troubles, or any of the Ninja Theory writer interviews from Enslaved's dev cycle and how they related to the DmC fiasco. Or hell, ALL of Daikatana or DNF's dev cycle, which is honestly more interesting than the games themselves.

All of that is inarguably part of how those games were developed, and omitting them from the discussion means you are only getting fractional understanding of how those games were made.

A game being censored, and WHY it is censored, IS a part of that. Nobody banned discussion of Devil's Third or Fatal Frame being blocked for release by NoA.
>>
>>391518
>>/v/ talks about game developers
Talk? You mean shitpost about them, complaining about them and talk about those evil nazi sjws? VA belong on /jp/, but, at least /a/ actually talks about VAs work and how they sound instead of all the other garbage
>>
>>391527
The 'its vidya' argument has always been a smokescreen to allow people to shitpost and post about offtopic things because 'its vidya'
>>
>>391527
It sure is a shame /v/ is incapable to discuss these things maturely
>>
>>391537
*of discussing
>>
>>391537
>/v/ is one person
>>
>>391649
If /v/ as a collective cannot maturely discuss something what difference does it make that a few people can? A board devoted to it would be just as shit as the threads already are.
>>
>>391133
>>391527
you should have a place to discuss the industry
the problem is that /v/ is full of cheeky children and angry neckbeards, rendering those discussions shit.
>>
this is stupid, why do we need to have like 100 different boards all dedicated to fucking vidya.

/v/ and /vg/ is all we really need. even /vr/ is pointless as fuck and shouldve just been on /vg/ or /v/, with how autistic it's rules are, at this rate we'll have boards for every single console gen, a board for videogame culture, one for industry, another for box are, another for videogame porn...

where does it fucking end

this shit is pointless

just like /news/ is literally just /pol2/

we dont need more redundant boards.

I mean what the fuck would we talk about in /vi/ that can't be discussed in terms of vidya culture? or vice versa? Considerinf vidya culture and industry manipulate and affect each other?
>>
>>391202
/vg/ was made because general threads clogged up /v/, and at the time it seemed to make sense to give general threads their own board that moves at a different pace.

/vr/ seemed like a good idea, but where you draw the line on retro, and the autists on that board that enforce and spaz out on anything beyond 1999 make /vr/ more just /vpm/, Videogames Pre Millenium more than anything to do with the actual meaning of the word retro
>>
>>391221
>Realistically, in what way could video game industry discussion leak into other boards?
because the industry caters to the culture, or tries to play to and influence the culture. (dew and doritos, for example)

they are pretty closely tied. the Industry and the culture sort of codepend on each other and change along with each other.

what do you even define as Videogame culture anyway? That ISNT somehow tied to industry marketing

how can you make an entire board dedicated to ONLY that?
>>
>>391133
Did you assclown really make the same thread again?
DON'T split the board any further, and especially DON'T give shitposting culture even more breeding ground boards.
>>
>>391698
>popular suggestion gets more discussion
!
>>
>>391724
>>popular suggestion
>only like 5 people are for this and everyone else is against
Sure, 'popular'
>>
>>391691
>a broad, incredibly popular topic needs more space
the mind boggles

>I mean what the fuck would we talk about in /vi/ that can't be discussed in terms of vidya culture? or vice versa? Considerinf vidya culture and industry manipulate and affect each other?

Video Game Culture includes things like game streams, tournaments, game idea pitches, recommendations, and bullshitting about games in general, but not discussing specific games.

The Video Game Industry includes topics relating to exactly that. Developers, censorship, international marketing, pricing, stockholder reports, etc. Basically everything that is related to how video games get made but still gets met with "NOT VIDYA!!!" spam.
>>
>>391729
>>a broad, incredibly popular topic needs more space
>>>/reddit/
4chan works best when a broad topic is stuffed into the same bed, not put into multiple beds
>>
>>391741
Maybe back in 2006. But things have changed now online. Its bigger than ever. Having those two boards would actually work I think.

Also enough of this Reddit shit. Why are you so fucking afraid of them? Don't you faggots realize bringing up Reddit when someone disagrees with you makes things worse?
>>
>>391741
>4chan works best when a broad topic is stuffed into the same bed, not put into multiple beds

>/v/ and /tv/ are two of the boards with the broadest topics and highest populations
>also the most complained about boards
>>
>>391445
You think the mods moderate /v/ because they like video games? You seem to be predicting a lot of what's going to happen but I can't remember any case in which what you describe have happened. Did that happened to /vg/? or /vr/? Keep in mind both boards had very strong opposition at first and while they have their flops, they work as intended. So where are you picking your paranoia from?
>>391445
>doesn't really have the ability to do anything right now
I'm glad we're on the same page
>>
>>391446
>people who are aggressive and a cunt means they are stressing

Yeah, that's normally how it works in the real world.
>>
>>391694
>what do you even define as Videogame culture anyway?

Anything related to the creation of video games, their release and the way the are discussed, as in literature, where everything surrounding the author's life and culture is defined as "Meta-Literature", so in this case all of these would comform a "Meta-Video Games (discussion)"
>how can you make an entire board dedicated to ONLY that?
It already comforms about 45% of /v/'s discussion.
>>
>>391728
"Everyone else" is like 2 persons anyway. We're still the mayority.
>>
File: [disgusted sigh].jpg (30 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
[disgusted sigh].jpg
30 KB, 500x359
This thread is a testament to autism, but probably not in the way you're imagining

The more I read through these posts the more obvious it becomes the only reason people are against new boards is because the don't like things to be different or to change, which is one of the symthoms of actual honest to god autism. They are even fantasizing that the bad meanies will spread all over 4chan if you let them have a board and wish to have mods 24/7 doing a job they would gladly do if they got paid enough (or, at all). The cringe from the guys trying to shit all over this thread and at the same time being concerned about "shitposting spreading" is just too much for me to handle. Godspeed OP, have patience.
>>
>>391375
>If what you say is true, then why are you so upset that we try to claim back the discussion from video games only into the video games board and send the culture part (filled with newfriends, as you say) somewhere else?

you seem to think that there's mutual exclusivity between people who discuss video games and people who discuss video game culture
>>
>>391728
>4847489284 people for it
>1 redditor against it

I can make up numbers too
>>
>>391954
To be fair there's a very vocal weeb who keeps spamming threads begging for /qa/ to get killed so there won't be any more non-weeb boards.

Yeah, its fucking legit autism.
>>
>>391954
OP here. Sadly this is what we have to deal with. They don't want change because either

A. Oldfags think it will encourage and spread cancer

B. The normalfags want their funposting board to remain the same

We need that split. People are for it, last thread had a lot of supporters
>>
File: bury pink.jpg (552 KB, 1104x593) Image search: [Google]
bury pink.jpg
552 KB, 1104x593
>>392105
Don't give up OP, as I said before, have patience. I had my doubts before but the more I see the opposition shitting itslef, the more convinced these boards need to happen.
>>
>>392128
The poll is overwhelmingly in support of the split
>>
I just want a /fur/ board or better moderation for deleting fur threads. /v/ is full of them now and has even suroassed /co/
>>
>>392162
Mods apparently don't want them. moot hated furs and these mods are all of moot's old buddies. We are never getting a /fur/ board as much as I want one.

Sides there is /trash/
>>
>>391133
>>392142
Don't ignore
http://strawpoll.me/6303549/r

New poll:
4 boards
>Vidya Industry, Culture, Journalism, and Identity Politics
or
8 boards
>Vidya Industry, Culture, Journalism, Identity Politics, Celebrities, Webcomics, Memes, and Activism

http://strawpoll.me/6357582
>>
>>392194
>4 boards
please dont
>>
>>391954
4chan doesn't need to change, only retards and newfags want it to
>>
>>392194
>raidpoll
OP and his faggot friends confirmed for stipid idiots

>>Vidya Industry, Culture, Journalism, Identity Politics, Celebrities, Webcomics, Memes, and Activism
And confirmed for just being epic trolls
>>
>>392189
Then why does reporting the thread do nothing? I've seen threads up for hours discussing furry waifus and other stupid shit
>>
/vi/ would just be a /v/ themed /pol/.

If you want to cry about retarded "feminazi" conspiracies because you're all tools of Briebart you have /pol/, 8gag and r/KiA
>>
>>391954
>They are even fantasizing that the bad meanies will spread all over 4chan if you let them have a board

and /pol/ is testimant to it is fact. Stormfaggotry was 1/1000th the level it was on 4chan than it is now, you can't even have discussions on a film or game that has a female or black lead on /tv/ or /v/ without it resorting to "SJW CONSPIRACY".

4chan is filled largely with underage dweebs who don't have a fucking clue but want to feel they are part of something, so communities here easy fall victim to thinly veiled politicking.

Gamergate is a perfect example, actually ruined and destroyed all discussion on the industry by turning into a neo-nazi heman woman haters club led by fucking Briebart and the American Enterprise Institute.

Nearly all discussion on industry issues is now tinged with absolutely insane and hypocriticial crying about social critics (who are actually mostly right to any reasonable person btw) while ignoring actually REAL industry issues like DLC, Freemium, worker abuse, consumer rights, archival rights etc.
>>
>>392342
Holy shit now I know you're shitposting. Only a retard really believes GamerGate is antiwomen
>>
>>392421
Not only that, only a retard would equate SJW and GamerGate as boogeymen.
>>
>>392422
i'm doing it right now and i have more degrees than you

checkmate
>>
>>392421
>>392422
Nice ad hominem, but real comments by Gamergaters prove otherwise.
>>
>>392458
I wouldn't know since I don' read them, but you clearly do, 8gagger.
>>
So Hiro made a pretty big change to the main page. Video games now has its own category. You think he saw this thread and he's actually considering adding one or both of these boards in?
>>
>>392847
It's very likely, Hiro must have understood that too after seeing /v/ steam sticky today. This needs to happen.
>>
>>393105
I know about what happened with steam, but how bad was the thread?
>>
>>393115
I was a quarter down reading it, with 4000+ posts pending, after refreshing all the pruned replies, I had completely read the thread. See, how long did it take the mods to act on a large board as /v/? The mods wouldn't have to delete jack shit if these posts were sorted into its own board. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>393118
Which is hopefully what Hiro and the mods known now. They know having these boards or something similar is the key to solving /v/'s issues. By moving all this shit you will solve /v/'s problems. Yes you will still have console war threads and PC war threads, that is never going away, but at least no longer will SJW's try and shit up a thread they don't like. We will see what happens in January. That is going to be the month to see if Hiro really will add new video game boards
>>
>>392847
No, fuck off
>>
>>393118
> See, how long did it take the mods to act on a large board as /v/?
The mods could of acted at any time and incredibly swiftly. They just chose not too. More boards won't make that easier, in actual fact, it'll double or triple the work load
>>
File: 18373.jpg (50 KB, 586x588) Image search: [Google]
18373.jpg
50 KB, 586x588
>>393145

This is something that can't be provne. Unofrunately, my counter-argument (smaller, slower boards will make the mod's job easier and thus incline them to act with a semblance of caring to the board) also can't be provne. therefore I must call you a retard and post an anime reaction image
>>
Fuck this shit, where's my manga board?
>>
>>393151
>it cant be proven
Are you fucking stupid? You are making more boards = more work. Your shitty 8gag reddit boards won't be slow either, due to the topic you are giving them and plus encouraging shitposting threads and topics in them, it'll be on par with some of the fastest boards. It also won't slow /v/ down in any way. You are just giving the mods more work for literally nothing other than sub-redditzation because you are a stupid redditor who is ignorant of everything of the site and think your reddit ways are the only possible way a site can be ran. You ban idiots, not cater to them

The site doesn't need to move forward and cater to new audiences who don't even care about the site, it needs to revert and move back to pre-chanology days
>>
>>393177

>REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REEEE
Wow, okay, note to self: there is absolutely no semblance of sane, rational discussion possible from you. Duly noted

t. guy who's been on this website longer than you have, most likely
>>
>>393156
You should kill yourself even more than the stupid moron trying to make more /v/ boards
>>
>>393187
No, I think you are the one lacking any sane, rational discussion since your only argument at the end of the day
>lol fukin nerds stop caring u stupd virgin weebs
Stupid redditor

4chan doesn't need to change and cater to new audiences and create new boards, it needs to revert.
>>
>>393177
>WHY ARE THINGS CHANGING?!? I DON'T LIKE CHANGE REEEEEEE

Holy shit this Anon was right >>391954
>>
>>393201
4chan doesn't need to change. The only people who want that are stupid newfags who use the place as a shitposting hotpot. 4chan doesn't need to be like the rest of the internet and the fact it wasn't was what made it good. Stop trying to change something you don't even care about and only want to fuel your shitposting desires, stupid redditor
>>
>>393202
>4chan doesn't need to change
Yes it does. The change won't even affect you, so why do you care so badly?
>4chan doesn't need to be like the rest of the internet
And it won't. What makes you think some new boards would do that?
>stupid redditor
The funny thing about this backhand is that I know I'm right. Since you equate "Reddit" to "Being wrong" and I've never been to Reddi, I can only assume I'm correct and I just need to work from that personal conviction to push for these boards. You can call me Reddit all you want but that won't instantly make me into a redditor.
>>
>>393205
>Yes it does. The change won't even affect you, so why do you care so badly?
And the fact you say this just shows how fucking ignorant you are. What happens on one board can easily effects the others. The bigger the board, the bigger the wave. You are trying to split a board out of ignorance without even knowing the side effects it'll have. If you don't even know what side-effects it'll cause, shut the fuck up and lurk moar

>What makes you think some new boards would do that?
>being stupid and ignorant

No, calling you reddit is because that's how you are talking and acting. Your ignorance and way of doing things is reddit like as well
>>
>>393219
>Your ignorance and way of doing things is reddit like as well
...? How would you know?
>What happens on one board can easily effects the others. The bigger the board, the bigger the wave
Oh please. Now you're just being naive. Which boards specifically would be affected by this? /a/? come on...
>You are trying to split a board
I'm not Hiro but continue
>shut the fuck up and lurk moar
Lurk for what? That phrase doesn't apply for this conversation, well, other than to make you look like an authority, but aside from that, what do you even mean? Are you running out of pre-made backhands at last? Maybe you should start forming coherent arguments instead.
>>
Is there any reason besides "m00t was friends with some of the accused" left for gamergate type shit not to be allowed on /v/?

And if you're both against it being posted on /v/ while also against there being another board created for those discussions, then how can you possibly defend your position?

It just seems like an awful excuse for mods to nuke anything they don't like at this point.
>>
File: 1336961093102.png (25 KB, 150x140) Image search: [Google]
1336961093102.png
25 KB, 150x140
>>393223
>...
Kill yoursef

>How would you know?
Because Reddiors are stupid retard newfags who constantly feel the need to make their presence obvious like stupid newfags

>Oh please. Now you're just being naive. Which boards specifically would be affected by this? /a/? come on...
AHAHAAHAHAHAH. Holy shit, how fucking cute and funny. You are the naive one you stupid newfag. How can you make yourself look like such a fucking massive joke. It'll effect the entire site for fucking moron. Lurk moar

>Lurk for what? That phrase doesn't apply for this conversation
No, it applies here greatly.

>>393240
GG is activism. Back to 8gag you go, redditor
>>
>>393244
>GG is activism

So anything that might possibly be related to it has to never be discussed ever?
>>
>>393247
Fuck your stupid
>>
>>393244
You've never seen an elypsis before? It's not an emoticon or an action cue Anon, calm down, jeez
>Because Reddiors are stupid retard newfags who constantly feel the need to make their presence obvious like stupid newfags
Well, the only one displaying those features here is you
>It'll effect the entire site for fucking moron
Are you alright? Are you having a stroke? "For fucking moron..."It's like you're trying to communicate but...hmm
>No, it applies here greatly.
Great job explaining why

I really like arguing with you. You're like one of those exagerated irational characters found in those horrible strawmen comics. You make it really easy too. If we keep on like this people are going to start thinking we are actually one guy samefagging and making the opposition look awful in contrast :^)
>>
File: 1448596249369.gif (987 KB, 332x199) Image search: [Google]
1448596249369.gif
987 KB, 332x199
>>393251
>Well, the only one displaying those features here is you
No, that would be you. Your OP is pretty reddit as well

>Are you alright? Are you having a stroke? "For fucking moron..."It's like you're trying to communicate but...hmm
>shit this anons right lets go back to picking at useless shit that fuckin virgin nerd weeb how DARE HE BE RIGHT

>Great job explaining why
If you had any knowledge of the site, you'd know why

>haha im so fukin wrong so lets claim strawmanning and samefagging haha fuk i hate my life why is this anon so right IM A FUCKING FAGGOT PLEASE RAPE MY FACE
>>
>>393260
>Your OP is pretty reddit as well
I'm not the OP dude, sorry to dissapoint you

I googled "for fucking moron" and couldn't find your argument. You might wanna work on it

>If you had any knowledge of the site, you'd know why
With all these evasives, I'm starting to think it's you who's just not aware of how it works. Lurk more is for spoonfeeding, you can't just frop it in the middle of an argument and expect it o work.

Also, good thing you greentexted that last sentence oherwise it would be a blatant case of (ironic) shitposting. Also good thing "Ironic shitposting is still shitposting" doesn't apply to you specifically, otherwise you'd look really butthurt
>>
File: fm39130.gif (994 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
fm39130.gif
994 KB, 480x270
>>393262
You might want to learn on how to read

> Lurk more is for spoonfeeding
Holy shit, every reply just gets better and better. Lurk moar appliesto more than just spoonfeeding and goes here just perfectly fine with the apparent lack knowledge from you

>not knowing what fucking ironic shitpostin is
HOLY SHIT, THATS FUCKING FUNNY. It's quote misuse, you fucking moron
>>
Doesn't this guy sperging this hard against thr board split see how stupid he looks, insulting everybody who disagrees with them and calling every one of them Redditors and 8gaggers? Can't he tell his repetitive, evasive arguments and his monomania are alienating people who might've agreed with him?

Get a reign on your autism dude, show some self-awareness and maybe just maybe you'll be taken seriously

t. an aspie who can graduate beyond the narrow mindset of their starved consciousness
>>
Doesn't this guy sperging this hard for thr board split see how stupid he looks, insulting everybody who disagrees with them and calling every one of them weebs and children? Can't he tell his repetitive, evasive arguments and his monomania are alienating people who might've agreed with him?

Get a reign on your autism dude, show some self-awareness and maybe just maybe you'll be taken seriously

t. an faggot anon who got bored of doing semi-serious replies to morons who show blatant ignorance to the topic they are trying to discuss and decided to shitpost instead
>>
>>393353

Very cute, cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'm not the only one arguing against you, I haven't insulted you or called you a weeb or a child once, but that idea is beyond your comprehension no doubt

a board split is coming. deal with it
>>
>>393359
>morons
>s
Nice reading comprehension

A board split isn't going to come, because when hiro brings it up, the idea will be shut down by everyone but a small minority and the only argument the small minority will have is
>b-but we want to talk about x X IS IMPORTANT LET US TALK ABOUT IT GIVE US OUR OWN BOARD PLEASE NO BAN US DESPITE THE FACT WE DO NOTHING BUT SHITPOST
>>
>REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT
You know another site that has a lot of boards? Let's see
It's the site 4chan is based on
It's the site Hiroyuki created
Hmmm
>>
>>393378
2ch is japanese reddit
>>
>>393379
You mean reddit is american 2ch
>>
>>393378
2chan is good, and was run by a competent person

4chan was run by moot and is shit
>>
I've got a idea, instead of giving this garbage its own board, it gets put onto >>>/trash/ right where it belongs
>>
>>393311
You'll have to understand that victims of autism are usually not self'-aware.
>>
>>393361
Again, if that's the case, why are you so upset? If you were convinced this isn't happening the only backhand you'd ever need is "Cool idea but it's never happening, sage". Instead you're going on a crusade which makes you look kinda underage to be quite honest family. Also you constantly refer to us as "trying to split the board, which means you too are somewhat convinced Hiro could consider this.
>>
>>393426
I thought so too but it has already been claimed by /d/ and /mlp/. Hey, I could even settle for /vthrash/ if that's what it takes.
>>
>video games
Grow up
>>
>>393556
>4chan
Grow up
>>
File: 1413906326942.png (197 KB, 427x467) Image search: [Google]
1413906326942.png
197 KB, 427x467
Nuke it or delete it. There is no other way.
>>
>>391374
>>391371
>hard to find good moderators who won't become power hungry and corrupt
If they keep hiring idiotic amateurs to do the job then yes.
I've been browsing this shithole since 2005, and only since 2010 did I start caring about applying for a moderator/janitor position but I've never got it.

I have over a decade of experience in moderating big forums, and I'm even a sysadmin/admin in a PCS corporation that has its own forum.
Yet I never got the chance to be the hero /v/ needs.
>>
>>391133
There are hundreds of videogame forums all over the internet, why not just remove /v/? It's not like there's no alternative for people to use.
>>
>>393565
>>393573
this
>>
>>393573

>forum
That's why
>>
>>393568
And don't forget, Troid, another incompetent mod, got hired because he sucked up to another mod.

That shows just how badly moot was running things
>>
Are you fucking kidding you piece of shit?
You already have not one, not 2 but THREE MOTHERFUCKING BOARDS
And now you want 2-3 more? give me afucking break
>>
>>393750
Well, video games have its on section now, I guess you could say Video Games can't be contained in merely 3 boards. (Actually its 4 if you count /vp/ but eh, who's counting right?)
>>
>>393750
Hiro gave video games its own section. He is planning to add more boards in the near future. Remember Hiro's former board had over 88 places, and its userbase was smaller than this one
>>
>>393845
You clearly are new. /a/ is the best place to really discuss anime.
>>
I'm on board with these new boards but I'll give you OP a piece of advice; you might wanna drop the whole mention of GG and SJW from the text OP from future threads. It will be easier to agree with.
>>
>>393924
What if you don't like moeshit?
>>
>>394004
Well then stop watching anime, because moeshit is literally everywhere in anime now, specially in JPRGS
>>
Hiro is on here now. I showed him the thread. Lets see what happens now
>>
>>394016
proof?
>>
>>394032
>>393938

Its a wait and see now if he comes back and posts
>>
>>392194
>>392194
>>392194
SUMMARY: The people want 8 new boards
>/vi/ - Vidya Industry
>/vc/ - Vidya Culture
>/vj/ - Vidya Journalism
>/vip/ - Vidya Identity Politics
>/vcel/ - Vidya Celebrities
>/vwc/ - Vidya Webcomics
>/vm/ - Vidya Memes
>/va/ - Vidya Activism
>>
>>394040
No, it was one faggot who rigged the poll. Most people want Industry and Culture. That's it
>>
>>394042
>I want only two new boards.
Most people, as shown by the poll, want 8 new boards.
>>
>>394052
see >>394042

nice shitpost though
>>
>>394052
No, the general consensus is that we need two new boards. Everything falls into those two categories, plus regular /v/.
>>
>>394053
The person claiming two boards are wanted is shitposting because he has no evidence for his position. Most people want 8 boards, as shown by the polls. If you wish to assert most people want 2 boards, you will have to provide evidence. Otherwise it is just your opinion, and shitposting if you present it as fact.
>>
>>394055
Please provide evidence or cease shitposting. Repeating it does not make it so.
>>
>>394056
>>394057
Are you new?
>>
>>394062
No. And ad hominem attacks are shitposting. Please only make quality posts.
>>
Nearly everyone thinks this proposal is a stupid idea, and that GG/SJW cancer should be banned, not catered to. It's only one or two trolls who are pushing this with a series of ridiculous rigged polls.
>>
>>394073
You realize that GamerGate is not the only thing the video game industry revolves around, right?
>>
We only need one containment board. Not two, four, eight, sixteen, or whatever you faggots suggest in the next dumbpoll.
>>
>>394073
Do you have any proof of that, or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>394080
None of which you will talk about. Why don't you drop the act and ask for a /gg/ board straight?
>>
>>394073
Actually most people are in support of it. Video Industry isn't just for Gamergate faggot. Its for topics such as censorship, journalism, specifically opinionated ones about video games, stock holder meetings, basically anything that pertains to a video game company as well. Yes the board is mostly for containing all the censorship, Gamergate, and SJW shit, but its also used for the other topics mentioned
>>
>>394081
Why would you put threads that talk about game developers and sales figures in the same board as threads that talk about the AVGN?
>>
>>394084
He is shitposting. The only evidence we have are the polls, which decisively favor 8 boards.
>>
>>394087
Not that faggot, but /vc/ would be for e-celebs
>>
>>394085
OK, good to know that you don't actually have an argument. Have you ever even been to /v/?
>>
>>394086
>Actually most people are in support of it.
Hogshit. What gives you that idea?
>>
>>394093
The new boards will be to GG what /trash/ was to clop. Frankly, it would be simpler to just allow GG on /trash/.
>>
>>394095
The polls show that eight new boards is the favored number.
>>
>>394099
No they will not be. GG is a dead cause, as you would know if you had visited /v/ and not just Reddit.
>>
>>394102
Because that poll was rigged as fuck. Video Industry and Culture are what the majority want

Its a troll poll
>>
>>394105
Actually GG is still going on. cripplechan hates the Redditors as much as we do, as they blame them for ruining GG
>>
>>394106
Wrong. No new boards is what the majority wants.
>>
>>394092
We shouldn't use the term "E-Celebs." Its thrown around so often that it's meaningless. We need to clearly define what the topic of the board is.

So setting up online games, sharing steam IDs or Friendcodes, streams, streamers, and YouTube reviewers would be for /vc/, but breaking news or industry analysis would go on /vi/, even if its on YouTube.

I'm reminded of a video put out by SuperBunnyhop that had a whistleblower inside Konami detailing what was going on with MGS5 (which was later confirmed.) On /v/ it was met with cries of "E-CELEBS! RREEEEEE!" when it shouldn't have been. In a case like this, it clearly belongs on /vi/, not /vc/.
>>
>>394110
False
>>
>>394105
>le reddit mayme
Thanks for proving you're a shitposter.
>>
Most people would be good with four new boards. We need to fill out that vidya category. Eight is excessive.
>>
>>394122
Spotted the redditor.
>>
>>394113
If /vc/ and /vi/ have so much overlap, why not just make one board like everyone wants?
>>
>>394110
Pretty sure most people would prefer having a split to slow /v/ down. Anyone against it is, well see >>391954
>>
>>394113
You make a great distinction
>>
>>393845
>why not just remove /a/?
4cha exist for /a/

>>394004
Get some real fucking taste then, moeblob has always been there in massive numbers
>>
Lets make a board for gamergate and othet for anti-gamergate, and a special one called /shit/ that can be used for battleground for /gg/, /anti-gg/ and /pol/. Feminist and SJW are allowed too.
>>
>>394135
Good to know you're an "autism" shitposter whose opinion doesn't matter!
>>
>>394142
Is /leftypol/ invited?
>>
>>394142
That is mostly what /vi/ is for, a place where these faggots can go and chat to their hearts content. And yes >>394147 they are welcome.
>>
>>394147
Of course.
>>
>>394086
>Actually most people are in support of it.
Have you ever tried sing any other board that isn't /qa/? You'll find almost everyone will tell you your idea is retarded and that you should kill yourself
>>
>>394135
>people actually care about a website and dont want stupid idiots forcing stupid change on it that it doesnt need
>you fucking stupid autism fucks theres nothing wrong with change stop being so autsim so caring about the website its just a website wahh wahhh huurr durr
>>
>>394133
Reread that post bud
>>
>>394151
How about we make a poll then. We can have options for 0, 1, 2, 4, 8, and 16 new boards, and Hiroyuki can sticky it in /v/. That seems the most fair.
>>
>>394155
Calm down there, Reddit.
>>
>>394158
Most people would prefer 16 new bpards.
>>
>>394158
What will those boards be then?
>>
>>394161
reading this thread it seems that people prefer 32 new /v/ boards.
>>
>>394158
4chan is a dictatorship, not a democracy. Your raidpolls can go up your stupid fucking arse. Hiro makes a thread and he reads it, not fucking polls, idiot
>>
>>394172
A majority of people prefer 64 new /v/ boards.
>>
>>394180
Actually, everyone would much rather have 128 new boards
>>
>>394204
That's it. We don't any need polls. Most of the 40 users in this thread speak for thousands of /v/ users.
>>
>>394204
Basically all of us want 256 new boards.
>>
>>394212
There are more IPs in this thread than there are legitimate votes in the polls.
>>
>>394214
Speak for yourself, I only want 151 boards, GEN 1 style.
>>
>>391133
>splitting /v/ again
>splitting /v/ into /v-console wars and gamergate/ and /s4s-vidya edition/
>actually using Strawpoll to count votes

No. Everything about your idea is terrible. Actually, you're right on one point. /v/ can't stay the way it is right now. Unfortunately, the only things that can help it are the users actively reporting shit, and mods not going AWOL every other fucking day, and being at least somewhat more consistent with their moderation.
>>
/v/ just needs better moderation.

There was a thread up last night for an hour discussing fucking sunibee
>>
>>394294
I'm the Hitler /v/ needs.
Hit me up Hiroshima.
>>
>>394294
>>394294
It'll never happen. /v/ is too big to moderate
>>
>>394671
>/v/ is too big to moderat
Keep deluding yourself. The mods have done it before
>>
>>394158
please.stop
>>
>>394286
>>>391133 (OP)
> Unfortunately, the only things that can help it are the users actively reporting shit, and mods not going AWOL every other fucking day

We've literally said that. That would be nice to happen, but even if it does its not going to be permanent. A split.board would be permanent and a.reminder to not spill into games discussion. Hell, if you're so worried about what the boards are about, lets make /games/, a board like /v/ but where only video game tittles can be discussed.
>>
>>394797
>That would be nice to happen, but even if it does its not going to be permanent
Jesus christ, you keep getting more and more retarded. Just fuck back off to reddit already newfag. Stop trying to force stupid shit, if you tried this on any other board, you would be shut down by everyone for being a stupid idiot. We don't need board splits, they don't fix anything and the sites current state is caused by splits and the creation of new boards. Fuck off
>>
>>394804
Holy shit take your pills you fucking pathetic raging assburger
>>
>>393177
>>393190
>>393194
>>393202
>>393219
>>393244
>>393260
>>393266
You are such an insufferable and painfully retarded, kill yourself immediately
>>
>>394804
>this is what asshurt weeaboos actually believe

Kill yourself
>>
>>394695
Only because moot was there to hold their hand. There is proof only moot and one other mod could handle /v/. Why do you think when moot left /v/ went to shit in less than a year?
>>
"Let's take what makes /v/ suck and give it its own board!"
That's retarded. Kill cancer, not contain it.
>>
>>395193
The board ideas make sense. Only reason you don't want them is because you're so afraid of the big bad R. You know what R is so you figure it out. You fear it'll spread cancer to other boards. You're being paranoid and autistic.

Either this or you really are a Shitposter from /v/ who doesn't want their fun privileges taken away
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.