[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video Culture And Video Industry Boards Part 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: nggn.jpg (24 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
nggn.jpg
24 KB, 636x358
Part 3 of of the ongoing discussion of making a video game industry and a video game culture board in order to wean out the shitposters and save as much of /v/ as we can.

The suggestions have been a /vi/ board that will be for discussions such as Gamergate, SJW's, Video Game Journalism((opinionated)), censorship, and talks about stock holder meetings and threads about a video game company as a whole, finance or otherwise.

/vc/ would be for culture. A sort of lite /v/. This will be dedicated to e-celebs, Speedruns, LOL Comics, Waifu threads, Steam ID threads, Deep Sea threads, and Santa Hat threads. Adventure Games are also allowed.

Another suggestion was to make these boards into one place called /metav/, which would be talking about video games outside of the box. So a combination of both /vc/ and /vi/.

The point is, /v/ must be saved. It cannot continue the way it currently is because shitposting has destroyed the board thanks to invaders from Reddit, Facebook and Tumblr. Topics are often derailed, off topic threads stay up for hours, unnecessary bans are handed out for no reason, and moderation is inconsistent at best. And for those arguing for Nazi moderation, look no further than /d/. If that's the future you want to see, than Nazi moderation is for you

List of all polls on the subject at hand:
http://strawpoll.me/6297750
http://strawpoll.me/6302379
http://strawpoll.me/6303549
http://strawpoll.me/6351919
>>
>>396524
And yet you continue to browse it. Why not show Hiro and the mods with a loss of traffic to the board, rather than shitting up /qa/ with /q/ posting.
>>
>>396528
Only to see how bad it is. I can't even post on it because of how bad it is. And the problem is, its the most used board on 4chan, and thus it attracts so many shitposters. If you were to filter out all of the shitposting /v/ would significantly slow down.

But alas you're shitposting so what do you know?
>>
>>396529
Eh? Presenting legitimate posts is shitposting now? We've gone too far down this rusehole. So, if only shitposters live there, the best way to fix the board would be nuke it. I don't browse /v/, so I wouldn't know. I'm taking an objective standpoint here.

You're correct in your assumption that I don't know, but not in the reasoning behind it.
>>
>>396535
The reasoning makes sense though. Nuking /v/ won't solve anything. You get rid of /v/ you're gonna lose a large chunk of your audience. I mean yeah it would be nice just to have /vg/, but nuking /v/ would never happen, because Hiro probably won't let it happen and neither will the mods.
>>
>>396524
You forgot
http://strawpoll.me/6357582
>>
>>396524
>/v/ must be saved
I thought it was. Why are you using the malware site's /v/?
>>
>>396545
8ch /v/ is dying like the rest of the site, that's why we want to make a new boards here.
>>
>>396558
*make new boards
>>
File: 1337898724698.jpg (63 KB, 340x565) Image search: [Google]
1337898724698.jpg
63 KB, 340x565
>strawpolls
>>
>>396558
8ch isn't going to die. The software migration is happening very soon.
>>
>>396563
But all the shit that it's happening with the BO and GG says the contrary.
>>
>>396566
Why not make another board on 8ch?
>>
>>396573
That doesn't work anymore. Some group of shills always kill the alternatives.
>>
>>396524
Too soon man, the other thread was still up. Also you kept the GG and SJW thing, which means this thread will be much like the last one in therms of shitposting.
>>
>>396585

Not to mention he kept the raidpolls, confirming once again that everybody who seems to have and support this idea is retarded but me
>>
>>396586
Maybe this is a troll thread. Eh, just to be sure I'll make the other thread anyway.
>>
>>396587
No this >>396540
was the raid poll. Every other poll for the most part is legit and has legit ideas

the third poll however was a troll poll
>>
File: 1260280622139qa.jpg (61 KB, 600x359) Image search: [Google]
1260280622139qa.jpg
61 KB, 600x359
>strawpolls
>obvious 8gag shit
>trying to further ruin the site into a reddit clone
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.