[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4chan Happenings Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 1448735178148.png (283 KB, 1368x653) Image search: [Google]
1448735178148.png
283 KB, 1368x653
You know the drill by now, let us know the happenings on your board.
Has it taken a completely different direction due to a recent change? Is it still finding its footing? Did something thought to be long dead make a comeback?

Share the gossip and don't spare any juicy details, only comfy here.

You're beautiful anon
>>
>>>/k/28069848

and people think /k/ isn't any fun
>>
File: 1184836041108.jpg (101 KB, 800x496) Image search: [Google]
1184836041108.jpg
101 KB, 800x496
>>368622
I'm trying to make /news/ my home board but it's so slow compared to what I'm used to and I can't post any current news because my 5 news posts from days ago are still on page 7.
>>
>>368633
/qa/ is my home board nowadays, and it's also pretty slow. But I haven't really paid attention to /news/. Is there proper moderation?
>>
>>368649
I get the impression that it's Hiro's pet board and that there aren't many janitors yet, but it's hard to tell. I know mods have removed some of the more blatant bait-ish posts and off topic stuff, I've seen those threads disappear from the catalog myself. It just doesn't seem to happen very often and the standards aren't that high to begin with.
>>
How long is Hiro in Paris for anyway? I want to see him post often again ;_;
>>
>>368629
It's beautiful
>>
>>368622
Checked

Also,

The first thing I thought when I saw the homepage changed to the atlantis is imagine one day when it's gone

Like ten years from now and only oldfriends have the screencap of it lol.
>>
>>368657
Why did he need to go to Paris in the first place. Work? Holidays? What?
>>
>>368671
That's actually true. I wonder how long it'll stay up though.
>>
File: 1443044157195[1].jpg (313 KB, 1275x2200) Image search: [Google]
1443044157195[1].jpg
313 KB, 1275x2200
>>368676
It's true for a lot of things. Eventually we'll probably reach a point where the majority of users don't really know much about moot at all or even know of Hiro's infamous first day here filled with memes and "birds?"
It's just how things are
>>
>>368687
That shit is so adorable.
>>
>>368687
As much as I know it's against what this site was intended to be, I think we need to start stepping up the efforts in archiving and cataloging our culture and occurrences. It's already happened through the years across several sites, but I'm not so sure we can say it's comprehensive, nor are any of these permanent, as we've seen with Chanarchive and Moe. Internet culture has gotten to the point where so many people are coming into this site without any sense of what it's about. This is potentially very very dangerous. It's already shown its colors in the now regular posting habits on some boards. We don't want the entirety of this place to end up like /x/, where nobody remembers anything except for a small number of oldfags too depressed to post anymore.
>>
File: Ann Hirro.jpg (18 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
Ann Hirro.jpg
18 KB, 245x300
>>368633
>>
>>368709
>/x/
some things are not worth remembering
>>
>>368709
I never understood /x/, mostly for lack of caring.
Whenever I open an ebic thread, I cannot understand shit and can never discern what people are taking it seriously and who are joking (please tell me it's all a big joke)

The only thing I can name as an /x/ asset are the old creepypastas, like enderman. I never personally cared for reading cp, but it was harmless fun and everyone knew those weren't serious. Except those 11 yo girls that stabbed each other in the forest.

So... how serious does /x/ take itself? I mean nowadays and years ago
>>
Well on /a/ there has been no sticky for Asuka's birthday as moot is gone. Moot has also not shown up (or if he did, it was as anonymous) unlike what some people expected/
>>
>>368766

Years ago: Creepypastas and scary stories, a little less roleplaying. And a tighter community to an extent.

Now: Ever since the /bx/ times and /x/ sanctuary and such splitting off, it's gotten more and more about roleplaying, conspiracy theories, and even some actually mentally ill people (there's several Skype chats that I sometimes go to and some of the people are dead serious), etc. You still get good threads, though. It just suffered from a rapid expansion and still hasn't quite found equilibrium yet, so you get a lot of varying levels of interest there. But it's still kinda bad to the point where you can get better creepy threads on /b/.
>>
>>368766
Modern /x/ is extremely serious about everything, yet ironically people argue all the time because they refuse to accept each other's beliefs.

Let me give you a history lesson:

/x/ was created in 2007 to house /b/'s newest fad dating back to 2006: creepypasta culture.

While Something Awful excelled at ARGs and advanced creepy roleplay, pre-/x/ /b/ and later /x/ developed a haphazard tradition of writing short horror stories, and they actually innovated by adapting an campfire stories to text and narrating as if you were the protagonist. The general atmosphere was to make immersive threads that could spook people and encourage creativity. And of course being a child of /b/ there was a lot of shitposting and "is this spooky" stuff.

Fast forward 3 years and /x/ comes into a barrage of organised shitposting akin to the /b/read and siztra's clique. Unlike those the mods were too busy fapping to do anything and by 2011 /x/ was virtually depopulated by sheer force of shitposting. Some time later when even the tripfags left the "magic is srs bsns" guys started to flock in

To summarize:

In old /x/, people would ask "wouldn't it be cool if there was something out there?"

In modern /x/, people have convinced themselves there's must be something out there

We could argue all this happened because of moot's choice for /x/'s topic: general paranormal discussion instead of writing and horror culture that /x/ was created from.

>>369006
>/x/ sanctuary

can you tell me about that place? I found they wiki and the board died very recently. It felt like it was refugees from the tripfag invasion
>>
>>368673
Terrorism, mainly

Now that he succeded, he should be back home
>>
>>369125

It wasn't a tripfag invasion that threw them off. It happened at the same time you mentioned. /x/ for a year or so would routinely have blatant trolling to the point where it wouldn't be uncommon seeing goatse up on the front page and other blatant trolling earning it the nickname /bx/. So, a lot of /x/philes formed several different offshoots to /x/ hoping to discuss it in peace without all the shit. Some branched off to the creepypasta sites, some went to reddit (pretty sure this spurred the latest trend of reading creepy stories from /r/letsnotmeet and shit), others went to other imageboards (one I remember even made accounts necessary to post on the imageboard because everyone was scared shitless of the sanctuary being raided too), it was a clusterfuck. Some were serious about magic, others weren't, and the splintering to various sites reflected that. But over time they all died or went to other sites. Before that the community was pretty close and even the tripfags weren't that bad. The only one who was a cock was Phil Ossiferz Stone or however he spelt it. But even he used to post medieval shit and lots of other lore and contributed a lot besides being a dick. So, there's not much to tell about the sanctuaries. Everyone splintered off too much and none of them ever gained any traction and died.

The /bx/ period pretty much killed /x/ and it still hasn't recovered from the mass exodus. All the good people who knew shit left, allowing the crazies to run amok unchallenged in their beliefs creating what you see today. It's a fucking shame what happened there. Mods cared so little about /x/ that they allowed /b/ raids to rape it right in the ass for over a year until the community was dead.
>>
>>>/pol/57531386
>>
>>369153

http://www.prelucid.com/

Speaking of which, this is the only /x/ sanctuary I could find anymore that was still up. It's changed a lot. I couldn't find an imageboard there anymore. But it still seems to be active a little bit, I guess. I don't even recognize it or know what the fuck it's about. Seems like a weird /x/ and /pol/ hybrid now. But the prelucid dude was pretty much a hardcore circlejerker, so not surprised it looks like a shrine dedicated to him rather than an /x/ sanctuary anymore.
>>
>>368657
Same. He was here earlier about that 4chan link leading to some flash download. Not sure if he's back yet though. But yeah dude needs to start working on implementing new boards and fixing /v/, /tv/, and the /aco/ and /d/ debacle
>>
>>369153
Yeah, I miss old /x/. It's a shame that it's ignored by the mods, it really needs to be given direction.
>>
>>369171

Can't really be saved at this point. The inmates run the asylum. Rather than a healthy dose of skepticism and belief, skepticism is met with "FUCK U FGT GB2/SCI/ FGT! I DID DMT AND IM ENLIGHTENED SO LISTEN UP" and most of the community left there feels that way. Those are the only people who stayed around through all the shit.

What needed to happen was the mods cracking down on trolling. Not ignoring it for over a year to the point where users themselves flee for sanctuary sites. I still can't believe how long that was allowed to go on without a mod even giving half a shit. But with all the good people gone from the community it's a lot harder to gain traction to bring it back to what it was.

So, I just post in the occasional good thread that pops up and hope for the best. Mods let our community get fucked and this is the end result.
>>
>>369153
> some went to leddit (pretty sure this spurred the latest trend of reading creepy stories from r/letsnotmeet and shit)

Well that explains the slenderman and SCP games happening years after creepypastas died on 4chan and SA.

It wasn't /b/ raids. /x/ had a strange relationship with /b/. Many hated it but most just... cohabited. Didn't mind their presence unless /b/ was down. Some of our memes and jokes were influenced by /b/tards and people would use a good laugh at some retarded how do I summon succubus thread. Hell, remember that back in the beginnings of board-tans /x/ was paired with /b/

What I remember clearly was Setti and Eris, just to name just the most prominent ones. I don't think we can claim they came from /b/ as I never saw them mentioned anywhere else here but they certainly stayed on /x/. Only tripfag that actually had /b/ as their homeboard was haikufag, but he didn't post much on /x/-

>read the janitor IRC leaks
>the entire irc flipped out whenever siztr(lolspamfilter)a was mentioned and
>we didn't even see the /x/ tripfag's posts get deleted

>>369168
Yeah I found prelucid's /x/ wiki. There's some things explained and some of the most influential / classic creepypasta from 2009. He wrote he deleted the board because of a hacker.
>>
>>369185

>Well that explains the slenderman and SCP games happening years after creepypastas died on 4chan and SA.

Yep. Reddit's creepy youtube videos and subreddits owe their popularity to all of our early users jumping ship after the bullshit.

>It wasn't /b/ raids.

But it was /b/ raids. At least at the time of the /x/ sanctuaries being made. I distinctly remember going there and seeing goatse ghosts and scat littering the front page consistently and mods never did shit. And this went on for a year or more. After that caused the community to fracture things died down, but that's when the crazy fucks came in and made /x/ what it is today. Now it's roleplayers, shitposters, and literal mentally ill people.
>>
>>369189
I dunno man, I jumped ship in 2010 when everyone was complaining about tripfags. By the time I remembered it existed again in 2011 the board left slowed to a crawl. Maybe things got worse afterwards.

Only time I ever saw a 4chan community die because of shitposting was /int/'s latino general.
>>
>>369189

http://sanctuary.prelucid.com/library/index.php?title=/sanctuary/

He even says as much here. But I only know of the sanctuary's history up until /b/day. After that I saw the place ultimately dying and came back to 4chan's /x/. So, no idea what happened with the rest or how accurate it is. Just keep in mind Prelucid is self aggrandizing, so take what he says with a grain of salt. But those first few segments are fairly accurate.
>>
>>369196

>I dunno man, I jumped ship in 2010 when everyone was complaining about tripfags.

That was just the time the chanology fags got to /x/ and tripfag hate was the new crossover from /b/ newfags.

The reasons for the /x/ sanctuary go back to way before 2010 and tripfags before that point were typically pretty useful and not attentionwhores. It goes back to at least before 2009 since sanctuaries started coming out that year and it's when people jumped ship in droves wrecking the community. Given this shit went on for a good year or more before sanctuaries popped up, it'd have to have really hit its peak sometime in 08 and slowly built up before then.
>>
File: x encounters spooky stuff.png (400 KB, 900x2100) Image search: [Google]
x encounters spooky stuff.png
400 KB, 900x2100
>>369205

>implying we want them

The other guy and I come from an older /x/ where tinfoil shit was kept to a minimum. We don't want those types on our board any more than you do. We've got enough mentally ill faggots flooding it.
>>
>>369205
Most conspiracy theories are political but usually not paranormal, so they properly belong on /pol/.
>>
File: 1388457803224.png (115 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1388457803224.png
115 KB, 1366x768
>>369219
I guess we can only hold out the slim hope that Hiro might make a /cons/piracy board. (the tinfoilfags don't like the name /tin/foil)

>>369219
There is fine line between the real world and Alex Jones country but it's a very definitive line. Mods used to enforce >>>/biz/rules/2 on /pol/ more than they do lately.
>>
>>369236
er, the first part was meant for >>369211
>>
File: x cards.jpg (515 KB, 1125x2092) Image search: [Google]
x cards.jpg
515 KB, 1125x2092
>>369203
By that logic /x/ was always under a barrage of shit, the board was funded mid-2007.

I'd say /x/'s peak in terms of culture and content creation was 2008 and early 2009 (almost all the classics where made back then, and stuff like the Holders and SCP Foundation got founded there). By late 2009 things began to deteriorate fast with trolling and tripfags. By the end of 2010 the whole place was deserted.

Many people claim /b/ killed the board, but /b/ was always there. /x/ was always divided on the topic.

/x/philes would make threads saying "we will tolerate you as long as you don't spam" and /b/tards would sometimes keep themselves in check. Of course many people didn't like the shitposting and made their voice heard, but most people on /x/ understood / believed that without mods and the board literally being known by /b/ as a home away from home, the best possible option was to try and strike a middle ground. There also where the peeps were full "paranormal is srs bsns" back then, but instead of magic nuts (who where always trolled to oblivion) we had illuminati nuts (who where also trolled but more persistent). But overall people were ok it, from what I gathered.

Have a somewhat related pic

>>369205
The are not muh /x/
>>
>>>/tv/63333333
>>
>>369261
>ALREADY DELETED
WHAT WAS IT ANON?
>>
>>369261
gone already
>>
>>369267
>>369268
>sopranos thread?

>also check 'em
>>
>>369153

While /x/ was ruined by mod inactivity, lets not forget that /tg/ was ruined by mod overzealousness.

At least /tg/ had its theme and Generals to fall back on to keep itself afloat. As an e/x/ile who also used /tg/ its a shame to see how far both boards fell.
>>
>>369196
>slowed to a crawl

Slow boards are always better though
>>
>>369267
>>369268
>not running 3rd party extensions
>>
>>369272

/tg/ is still in an okay place right now. I don't see too much of an issue with it. A lot more quest threads than there were before, but the mods clearly relaxed the rules a bit. Are you referring to the Star Wars incident? Or was that before/after the whole "Nazimod" thing went down?
>>
File: 4L_Yv7d86bU.png (135 KB, 349x323) Image search: [Google]
4L_Yv7d86bU.png
135 KB, 349x323
>>369196
>>
File: Madman Over a Sea of Fog lowres.jpg (1 MB, 2327x2980) Image search: [Google]
Madman Over a Sea of Fog lowres.jpg
1 MB, 2327x2980
>>>/v/319000000

HE ACTUALLY DID IT!
>>
>>368629
Why do people think getting GETs on slow boards is special? He obviously used a script (you can tell because scriptfags always go for the 99/00 combo because it gives them a window of 2 instead of 1)
>>
File: ded.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ded.webm
2 MB, 800x450
Interesting reading about /x/, it's a board I never really paid much attention to. Honestly I thought now it was just a slow board that still had healthy discussion and happy users but from the sounds of it it's gone to complete shit. It seems whereas before it was half tongue in cheek, that's disappeared and now everyone's deluded themselves into believing bullshit
>>
>>369432
>everyone's deluded themselves into believing bullshit

Even Kool-aid tastes better than bitter reality.
>>
File: 1405701616755.jpg (14 KB, 294x273) Image search: [Google]
1405701616755.jpg
14 KB, 294x273
>>368622
>please go and enjoy slowly
>>
>>369540
m8 there's a lot that needs fixing there
Now we actually have a jap at the helm it should be easy to do
>>
I don't know about the magic they discuss on /x/, but egregores/meme magic is definitely real.
Week after week there's a new thing that happened just because of memes, I'm sure of it.
>>
>>369179
In theory it could be fixed if we split /x/ into occult and creepy. Might attract oldfags from the other boards back into /x/ and cut away the more cancerous underaged.
>>
>>369554
Not him, but I think every board on this site could be fixed if they announced it was being changed to the whole site.
Say, I would not visit /v/ daily the way it is right now, but if I saw a announcement saying "/v/ is being changed, read more on its sticky" and I found a sticky on /v/ saying the mods would start to crack down on shitposting, I would definitely start lurking or even posting on it expecting good stuff.

It's all up to Hiro, really.
>>
>>368622
>>369540
Literally what the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>368622
>breaking the tradition of showing the 3 image screenshot of the frontpage
You suck OP.
>>
>>369588
Did we even do that in the last one?
>>
File: NOPE.png (105 KB, 777x256) Image search: [Google]
NOPE.png
105 KB, 777x256
>>369593
>>
File: DeadEyesDew.png (760 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DeadEyesDew.png
760 KB, 1280x720
/v/ got stickies for the video game aards by the pope. This year all good intentions of last year were thrown overboard for sellouting Strangely enough, Fallout 4 and Bloodborne did not win any award.
Today will be the guaranteed to disapoint sony experience and tomorow the capcomcup top 32 finals with sony pricepot.

>>369211
>2nd reply
Haha
>>
>>369273
There is an obvious speed that is too slow.
>>
>>369125
We need to destroy /x/ and bring it back after a year to weed out all the HURRR HOW DO I MAKE A TULPA SO I CAN FUCK IT????!!! fags
>>
>>369588
We used to have /qa/ tan
Things change anon
>>
>>369571
https://www.4chan.org/japanese
>>
File: 1449335356245.jpg (183 KB, 692x922) Image search: [Google]
1449335356245.jpg
183 KB, 692x922
>>369540
>not enjoying fast
>>
>>369606
The mods need to actually fucking attempt to care about the board for anything to actually happen. They won't listen to requests for a better sticky, they won't delete stupid shit, they won't give us any actual rules, and they won't stop deleting random threads that are actually fucking /x/ related. If the higher ups of this site don't stop neglecting the dying board, it will never be any better. We have never gotten any sort of solution to these problems. No decent sticky, just a lazy attempt to mitigate reposts which, guess what, didn't fucking work, and the links are dead anyway. When we actually get mods, they delete the threads we've always had. /x/ cannot survive as board with a vague set of topics in 2015. It's all turned to mush. Conspiracy theories are no longer a legitimate topic due to shitposting. The occult is no longer a legitimate topic due to the underaged bringing low quality posting and delusional mental illness. Creepy is no longer a legitimate topic due to newfags and the underaged perpetuating shitposting and yelling at each other.
>>
just quoting >>367985 in a last attempt to rehash the discussion

>>369588
>>breaking the tradition
this is what I mean; on 4chan you are supposed to know every detail about a thread/board or someone will smug-anime-girl you. Not complaining though, "lurk moar" should make a comeback, but it's a noteworthy discussion dynamic. I never did pick up on this one though.
>>
>>369613
Wow, it reads like it's been unchanged since 4chan was new. Feels spooky.
>>
>>369615
this is unfortunately not limited to /x/, sad times since we just had a janitor drive not so long ago
>>
>>369618
>still construction
>>
Now that >>>/i/394534 is dead, I've determined that >>>/i/398517 is now the oldest unstickied thread on 4chan. And it's not even at bump limit so who knows how long it'll last.
>>
File: scared.jpg (45 KB, 361x370) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
45 KB, 361x370
>>369787
>fourth reply
>This will be the longest lasting thread on 4chan
>>
>>369792
Feels insane quoting a post from 2012/2013
>>
>>369006
/x/ used to contain a lot of 'quality' UFO and conspiracy theory threads, but nowadays you cna't make them without pure shitposting and retarded newfags telling you they are off topic. The board is dead
>>
>>369820
All the conspiracy posters went to /pol/ and became the 'tinfoilfags' >>369205
>>
>>369881
No they fucking didn't. They're still in fucking /x/. Don't claim shitposters migrated from /x/ to your board when you know nothing about the board you're accusing. The problem posters did not originate in these boards nor did they abandon one for the other. The poster you're replying to was saying we used to have QUALITY discussion about conspiracy theories, which we did. They did not go anywhere to spread tinfoil shitposting because they weren't tinfoil shitposters. The tinfoil shitposters are still fucking here, and we don't fucking want them either.
>>
>>369883
>>369883
I'm sorry but from my perspective it's obvious they are the same people. They even reference and crosspost their /x/ threads on /pol/ sometimes because in their minds there is little difference between /pol/ and /x/. (I hope that's as frightening to you as an /x/phile as it is to me as a /pol/lack)

I want mods to fix the /x/ sticky and >>>/biz/rules/2 as much as you, but for my own board's selfish reasons. Whether rightly or wrongly, /pol/ sends these people to /x/ when they show up on /pol/. It's ingrained into /pol/ culture and ' >>>/x/ ' is a meme there. I couldn't stop them if I wanted to.
>>
>>368649
it's just a slower and less racist /pol/ really
>>
>>369615
This is a problem with the whole site though. The mods have a very narrow set of interests and only care for boards that fit those interests, and every other board is left to rot.

I'm strongly in favor of board-specific mods, because the way we do it now just doesn't work.
>>
>>369624
>>369905
This is true, but the point is that at least those other boards have rules and still somewhat have a community wide grasp on their board's culture. /x/ is a completely different kind of mess. There are literally no rules, and everything (not just the culture and the memes, but the content as well) was handed down and understood without being written. When everyone left and new people flocked in, it just became chaos because nobody knows what's supposed to be there, not even the mods. The amount of anons that left had such a great impact on the community (a majority of a small community leaving and a shitload of new users replacing them) is different from some of the other boards on here. I don't think there is another board on here that has undergone such a radical change in the userbase that so much of its culture has literally been forgotten by the majority. You can understand how that would have destroyed both the culture and the post quality of the board. I didn't mean to imply /x/ was the only board affected, but it has literally nothing to go by except the unwritten, which is obsolete in 2015 with the current userbase and exodus/refusal to post of/by oldfags.
>>
>>369888
I apologize for the harshness, it's just a frustrating thing to watch your home board get raped for more than half a decade, die, then get dug up and raped again. I get what you're saying. That original post just made it seem like it was claimed that the original /x/ posters moved into /pol/ to stir shit up.
>>
>>369908
>>369916

No, I get it. Believe me: /x/ was my first board.

I'm just explaining the root of the problem. And Moot always hated codifying things in rules and preferred to leave it as something that was "passed down," which, in nearly every case, has fucked over boards.

But I agree: no board got it harder than /x/. Probably because the mods always thought it was a joke.
>>
>>369326
Velas are the greatest thing /lat/ came up with

that and devuelvan el horo

>>369432
It makes me feel really sad just how people now don't even remember /x/ being a place with a different topic. But I'm also starting to feel like I'm repeating myself.

Have this: http://sanctuary.prelucid.com/library/index.php?title=Main_Page

It's rather small but it provides an example of 2008-2009 era /x/.

>>369554
This would be great, but pointless. The writefags are long gone, the culture died.

We could try, maybe ask hiro one day, but the new board would probably not survive the trial period.

>>369883
Anon you can't have quality discussion about conspiracies. Conspiracies literally require you to shut down the rational part of your brain.
>>
File: 1448612131339.png (130 KB, 443x429) Image search: [Google]
1448612131339.png
130 KB, 443x429
>>369908
>>369923

More or less. Modern /x/ is different a community.

I accept that the /x/ I grew up and discovered so much stuff with is no longer, now we must focus on helping modern /x/.

It's very hard because painting /x/ as an unironic discussion board is practically impossible: You can't really "debate" conspiracies, you can't talk about magic with a straight face, so quality always goes to hell by the first post.

At the same time there's many different kinds of "conspiracies" and many of them are not even paranormal in nature, not even the mods know where they belong on.

I think we need to get someone with authority, maybe even Hiro, to make a decision. Maybe an ama on /x/. It's clear that no matter how you define /x/ someone will not like it, but there isn't much of a choice.

> I don't think there is another board on here that has undergone such a radical change in the userbase that so much of its culture has literally been forgotten by the majority

The mods didn't even knew what /x/ was when the original community existed. moot just created it when he saw creepy threads where becoming commonplace on /b/ and then forgot about the board.

>hang out on #4chan IRC
>talk about /x/ with other peeps
>a mod asked me what is /x/ about
>he didn't even know what the board was there for
>mfw
>>
>>369982
I'm convinced the mods are purposely ignoring anything suggested on the feedback page. We'd have to get in direct contact with Hiro.
>>
>>369983
The mods are too opinionated, but they do read the feedback page. They'll listen to stuff like showing that a referral site (which are put on an autoban filter) no longer does referrers and stuff dealing with site issues n clarifying rules.

But if they feel your suggestion is "4chan" enough they'll simply ignore it. Unfortunately moot did too good of a job in indoctrinating them.
>>
>>369984
>>369983
>>369982

The reality is that the majority of the problems with modern 4chan are due to moot's bad attitude regarding the site.

/tg/ only became the Quest Board because moot didn't want Quests on /a/. He didn't care about the result afterwards; just that it wasn't on /a/.

Why moot's mods are still on the site is beyond me. They treat the users as their enemies.
>>
>>370022
Because Hiro doesn't have the time to dedicate himself 24/7 to the site.

If he did there's a big chance he'd purge the fuck out of the staff.
>>
HEY HIRO! FRONT PAGE IS THROWING UP A HIJACK AD! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOU LAZY FUCK!
>>
>>>/a/134408888
>>
>>370425
>dat child pizza though
>>
>>370471
Looking at the comment section, it is evident how corrupt western mind has become.(Those people saying girl is being violated). A child is a fucking child. Nudity ≠ porn. Children tend to stay nude during their childhood
>>
>>370473
...no, they really don't.

What kind of fucked up childhood did you have?
>>
>>370721
I had a fairly nude childhood, and I'm alright, besides the fact I browse 4chan. I grew up in a hot climate though, so it's normal to wear less
>>
/v/ got a lot of threads yesterday about the ps experience. Overall a big disapointment as usual and tons of also on*/30 days early*/etc marketing speech shit. FF7HD got gameplay shown which is now a kingdom hearts like instead of turnbased, yakuza 5 and zero confirmed for being brought over and ace combat 7 with vr.

>>370725
I miss my innocent days of swimming naked. I just could not do it anymore when all the old town kids got autistic and put on pants to swim, group pressure and all that.
>>
/vg/s kerbal space program general was or still is fieldtrips around 4chan boards.
>>>/trash/432653
>>
>>370776
>FF7HD got gameplay shown which is now a kingdom hearts like instead of turnbased
Isn't this fucking terrible?
>>
>>370792
Please explain
>>
File: george costanza.jpg (57 KB, 487x469) Image search: [Google]
george costanza.jpg
57 KB, 487x469
>>370805
>liking turn-based combat
>>
>>370811
Isn't Kingdom Hearts just slashing shit up? Or is it an Action RPG like Xenoblade Chronicles?

>Implying Turn-based isn't GOAT
>>
File: 1445573168689.jpg (93 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1445573168689.jpg
93 KB, 900x900
>>60851872
>>60851812

INTERNET FIGHT
>>
>>370817
fuq

>>>/mu/60851872
>>>/mu/60851812
>>
>>368622
Monday is coming on >>>/f/
>>
>>370828
What?
>>
>>370817
>>370819
Kpop sticks to its containment thread. They're not a problem on /mu/. This has been decided for a long time.
>>
File: 1439084035272.jpg (46 KB, 625x435) Image search: [Google]
1439084035272.jpg
46 KB, 625x435
At /pol/ we are currently cringing at this OP. Come laugh with us.

>>>/pol/57668271
>>
>>370977
Only looked at the poster. As ridiculous as his actions were, there's no reason he should have gotten kicked from the school.
>>
>>370987
nigga he stapled nude pictures to the hallway at a university
>>
So all the flag threads were obviously all made by one person, and all the /d/ and /aco/ threads were obviously made by one person, and both are getting necrobumped all at once every day. Any chace the mods will clear a few out?
>>
>>370992
Did not read that far down

What the fucking was he thinking?
>>
>>370977
I wanted to laugh at /pol/ for breeding a retard of unparalleled quality but when basically everyone on the board disowns your retarded antics there's nothing left to do but blame it on natural stupidity.

>>371000
He probably confused real life for the internet.
>>
>>371003
Or you know, it's just a guy shitposting
>>370998
Mods don't seem to delete much on /qa/
It just sort of exists
>>
>>370998
The board is slow enough that they're not really actively pushing anything away by existing. Just report and ignore.
>>
>>370977
Whats the problem with these kind of people? Too much agrotoxics on their hamburguers?
>>
>>370998
Well I made >>358120 so thats at least one that was made by someone else.

People are just sick of getting ignored by the mods.
>>
>>371213
>People are just sick of getting ignored by the mods.
This place isn't meant to be /q/ though. Nowhere was it ever said that mods would come in and actually look at and reply to threads made here.
>>
>>371218
Except for all the times Hiro did just that.
>>
>>371222
That still doesn't make this place /q/. He has been on multiple boards and addressed problems on them not just here.
Just because he replied in a thread around here doesn't mean that it is like how /q/ was with mods actually being interactive with people making suggestions. If anything the lack of mod replies bar the occasional Hiro appearance reaffirms that.
>>
>>371218

I'm pretty sure it actually is supposed to be nu-/q/, since all the changes that Hiro has made have been suggestions on this board. He's not very good with 4chan, but he comes to this board a lot for suggestions.

There's still some salty [s4s] types hanging around though.
>>
Can't really blame anybody spamming for mod attention. It's the only thing that actually works.

Remember /tg/ and the /wst/ fiasco?
>>
>>371231
Only real suggestions he has taken from here was /his/ and /aco/.
Change on /sp/ with wresting was taken from /sp/.
The nipple thing on /a/ was all done on /a/.
The /lit/ problem with philosophy after /his/ was made was taken from /lit/.
He took in suggestions on /trash/ about the fur posting and even came close to making a /fur/ board until people advised against it.
So really you can't say this is exactly nu-/q/ especially since mods don't actually reply to threads here like they use to on the /q/.
>>
>>371243
Normally people do it on their own board though. Example being any time a mod does something /a/ doesn't like such as the nipple thing recently and then the loli ban thing a few years back.
>>
>>371245
>came close to making a /fur/ board until people advised against it.

FUCK. Will 4chan ever be free of moot's goon meme?
>>
>>371256
Well /trash/ is basically /fur/ at this point.
>>
>>371252
Well, I know people have tried on both /aco/ and /d/ and any threads are deleted in minutes
>>
>>371256
>>>/trash/
>>
>>371264
>any threads are deleted in minutes
I guess that is the problem. Places like /a/ has the power of numbers so it gets attention when so many threads are about the subject. Though if you could organise something you could maybe spark some attention as one or two threads on a board just end up looking like a vocal minority (also applies to spamming threads with only a handful of unique IPs in each).
>>
>>371256
There are a million other places on the internet where you can get your shitty fur porn. We don't want or need it here.
>>
>>371222
That's because Hiro is confused. For starers he shouldn't be here, he should be off in other boards interacting with them. He's going to learn jackshit from a meta board
>>
>>371273
If their mods are deleting threads about it on their home boards, how can they organize anything on their home boards?
>>
>>371299
I mean that's cool and all, but it doesn't change the reality of what hiro is actually doing.
>>
>>371299
>He's going to learn jackshit from a meta board
This is why moot closed /q/ (along with it being a whiny shithole).
Was full of people who thought they knew what was best for a board when either they didn't visit that board in the first place or they was a vocal minority. You don't get any indication of how a board feels without asking it directly since you don't get the full picture since only the people complaining will come no matter how big or small of a group they are.
>>
>>371299
The issues is that meta-threads are deleted from other boards so people aren't able to voice their opinions there. Hiro has occasionally talked on other boards about these things but for the most part any suggestion threads will be quickly deleted
>>
>>371307
Pretty sure Hiro said for meta-threads to be posted on the boards they applied to, but "muh global rules" makes the mods delete them
>>
>>371305
>reality of what hiro is actually doing
Ignore the threads? Some of the /aco/ /d/ threads have been up for months now and nothing happend.

>>371303
Well it doesn't stop you organising it on /qa/. Though just looking at the IP count in threads though it seems to only have around 10-20 IPs that have been complaining.
>>
>>371307
I normally find that threads with a shit OP derail into a meta thread every now and again. Though that is only on /a/, so I am not so sure if it ends up like that on other boards.
>>
>>371310
>though just looking at the IP count in threads though it seems to only have around 10-20 IPs that have been complaining.
The issue is most people don't come here so don't get a chance to voice their complaints even if they actually have an opinion on the matter. If these threads were made on the relevant boards then I'm sure a lot more people would speak out
>>
>>371307
Meta-threads are allowed when Hiro shows up and a little after. That doesn't really matter, Hiro shouldn't be changing anything. He's a newfag. Asking him to change shit is like giving a 12 year old newfag admin status and to change things. Instead of trying to get him to change shit, we should instead just fucking interact with him for a few months and get his opinion of the site to change from 'lele meme' and 'le anonmouse haxor'.

He isn't an idiot, but he sure as hell doesn't know how to run the site. The /asp/ shit shows that. 4chan isn't 2ch and he needs to stop treating it as such
>>
>>371310
Go to desustorage.

https://desustorage.org/aco/thread/226764/
https://desustorage.org/aco/thread/166715/

Select quotes from other threads:
> I left these threads when the /aco/-/d/ split happened and the mods fucked up the porn boards forever, and people are still shitposting in this thread.

>One thing that has notably changed in /d/, along with the more hostile attitude is the dropping of more niche fetishes. Seriously, before /aco/, stuff like inanimate tf would stay on the board for a few weeks at a time before being filled. Now it just fizzles away because no Western content. Meanwhile, the doll tf thread is filled with Western art and that's why it's lasted for so long. [...] losing a lot of the /d/ stuff to /aco/ really hit the board hard.

>Since /aco/ was established, any Western art has been disallowed on /d/, which is quite possibly the dumbest decision that could have been made. While I can understand that for /h/, /d/ should exist as a containment board for bizarre drawn porn of any origin. Not only for the purpose of keeping it away from the more 'normal' boards, but also so it doesn't divide already niche fetishes between two boards.These threads used to flourish and hit the image limits, back when images of any origin could be posted, but now they either last an hour or two, or have to be on life support just to stick around.

> I just don't know where else we could go. But this place has gotten legitimately awful, and I can't say I feel comfortable supporting the site by coming here anymore. I saw a couple other threads I browse over on /d/ say they were jumping ship.

> No I am the voice that has been all but snuffed out by the mods. There used to be thread after thread wanting /d/ to fuck off called the /aco/ discussion threads. On here and /qa/. But now those are banned.I am just saying what 90% of posters are thinking but can't post. That you /d/ freaks need to fuck off.

It's all over. Most don't even know /qa/ still exists.
>>
The worst thing about /asp/ is that Hiro isn't really around to see all the complaining and when he does return people will probably have grown tired of complaining and either left or decided to deal with their board going to shit
>>
There is a rogue mod on /a/ who's deleting/banning anyone voicing dissenting opinions about One Punch Man, even though there are like 6-7+ threads up at once.

I guess we're the next board after /co/ to enter the reddit age.
>>
>>371698
Thread?
>>
>>371698
I'm not following the OPM threads anymore because its the /v/ermin anime of the season, so I'm going to need you to prove that claim anon
>>
>>371698
This seems very concerning if true
>>
Searching through all the 500+ post threads is a little time consuming.

https://desustorage.org/a/thread/134421333/#134422100
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/134447084/#134456162

I know these are pretty much shitposts, but when these get deleted and not the dozens of threads that get made at once, or the "I WANT TO EAT TATSUMAKI'S POO" posts, kind of makes me question the consistency.
>>
>>371708
>There is a rogue mod on /a/ who's deleting/banning anyone voicing dissenting opinions about One Punch Man
>I know these are pretty much shitposts
Maybe you should stop shitposting.
>>
>>371711
>he can't read
Retards like yourself are pretty cancerous too.
>>
>>371715
I thought you were linking threads that were being babysitted and not singular deleted shitposts, my bad.
>>
>>371698
Reap what you sew, weebcücks
>>
>>371714
Maybe they wouldn't happen in the first place if there weren't 10 threads up at once filled with puerile discussion? Those aren't mine either, just ones I spotted in the archive.

Also, posts like those have been made all the time on /a/ for several years. Why are they getting deleted now?
>>
>>371719
Because /a/ has been taken over by a foreign mod whose favorite show is One Punch Man, and told all the other moderators and janitors that they should ban all negative opinions about One Punch Man, the greatest anime of all tie.
>>
>>371719
>muh board culture
>>
>>371708
All of those [Deleted] are shitposts, you moron. Including the 'worst fanbase' one. Those have always been deleted on occasion. Normally, if you don't put any creativity into calling the show or userbase shit, the mods will ban ya

Stop being a deluded moron like /v/ and /pol/ thinking that the mods have it against the userbase
>>
>>371726
I understand you're the type that's too autistic to have a discussion with but

>on occasion
So you admit there's no consistency?

and what about all the other shitposts in the thread? Is it ok to post bile so long as it's not against the show or its fanbase?

See if you can take your ritalin before your next post.

>>371721
Hello reddit.
>>
>>371729
>Is it ok to post bile so long as it's not against the show or its fanbase?
Not a single one of those (two) shitposts was criticizing the show itself. They were criticizing users. They were also blatantly trolling, which is a blatant rule three violation.

>So you admit there's no consistency?
If you can prove that OPM threads get babysitted in ways that other shows do not, be my guest. Start rabidly shitposting in YRYR and see how far that gets you.
>>
>>371729
>I understand you're the type that's too autistic to have a discussion with...
>Hello reddit.
nice
>>
>>371729
>and what about all the other shitposts in the thread?
Because the removed ones were fucking reported. OPM is the /v/ermin show of the season, and they are incapable of using the report feature.

>So you admit there's no consistency?
Yes, of course there isn't. The mods have always been like that. In this case, the anti-OPM posts are fucking obvious bait that lack any form of creativity and they got removed because someone actually reported those ones

Stop making a problem out of something were there is nothing wrong. The mods are doing their job as they should. If the mods were fucking babysitting the threads deleting anyone bullying the show, there would of been shittons more bans. But there wasn't, because they aren't
>>
>>371735
>blatant rule three violation
>he blatantly flamed in his previous post
>he thinks the mods regularly enforce rule 3
I see you're both new and stupid. Try lurking more and seeing just how regularly rule 3 is breached.

Better yet, check out /pol/. The mods sure are enforcing rule 3, aren't they?
>>
>>371743
/pol/ is well known by /po/lacks and non-/pol/acks alike to be a place where they don't remove anything that's not interracial porn spam and sometimes not even that.
>>
>>371743
>>trys to bring up rule enforcement
>uses /pol/ as a example

That's no different than using fucking /v/ as an example. Both are incredibly notorious for getting very little mod attention in anything
>>
>>371740
I can tell you right now that these posts were reported:

https://desustorage.org/a/thread/134421333/#134429572
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/134421333/#134428936
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/134421333/#134428411
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/134435017/#134448186

and no delete.

So when the mods are looking through reports to delete/ban, I guess they enjoy being selective.
>>
>>371752
It's almost like all of these are more or less on-topic posts which weren't written for the sole purpose of trolling people the author didn't like.
>>
>>371752
They do. Interestingly, they seem to want to keep /v/ as shiitty as possible, because reports are never answered to unless there is nudity, gore, or an off topic OP.
>>
>>371752
None of those are against the rules nor are they obvious trolling. The only questionable ones are the last 2, but they aren't actually against the rules
>>
>>371756
I see, so you think shitposting is totally allowed so long as it maintains some sort of relevance to the topic, no matter how stupid (rule 6).

But wait a minute, people go off topic all the time on /a/ and nothing happens. Mods also usually always delete any posts with /v/ tier images (like wojak and pepe), but here, nope. Please explain.
>>
>>371757
>They do. Interestingly, they seem to want to keep /v/ as shiitty as possible
No, they probably don't delete anything, because if they did it'd cause nothing but shit tons of drama because 'THE SJW MODZ ARE CENSORING US'

Also I believe hiro might have told the mods and janny to lax on moderation. Since it has gotten more lax since he's got admin
>>
>>371762
>what is global rule #6
>what are madoka threads
>what is the extremely common rule 3 breaches that happens all the time
The rules mean nothing.
>>
>>371771
>>what are madoka threads
What is your point here?
>>
>>371767
>he wasn't around for the nipplemod shitstorm
You clearly don't browse /a/. You don't have the grounds to argue here.
>>
>>371766
>I see, so you think shitposting is totally allowed so long as it maintains some sort of relevance to the topic
Shitposting is defined in the FAQ as a post that was deliberately made for the purpose of being shitty. If it's just some fag from /v/ posting his opinion about anime with a dumb reaction image that's not against the rules, as much as you want it to be.

Unless what you really want is for the mods to vigilantly delete every post that doesn't pass their own quality threshold, in which case depending on the mod you'd lose 90% of /a/.

>But wait a minute, people go off topic all the time on /a/ and nothing happens. Mods also usually always delete any posts with /v/ tier images (like wojak and pepe), but here, nope. Please explain.
You're not even bitching about a "happening" anymore. All you're doing is complaining that people who deliberately set out to troll others are not treated the same way as people who make "low-quality posts."

If I were a mod I'd delete all your posts for being low-quality and retarded.
>>
>>371766
Yes anon, shitposting isn't fucking against the rules, it never has been. What's against the rule is low quality posting, which is what most shitposting it. On-topic shitposting is allowed as long you don't start acting like a complete retard

>>371771
Ok, so you are a /v/ermin and know nothing. I'm glad we cleared that up. /a/ has also been screaming for shitty generals like the madoka ones to be removed
>>
>>371708
> but when these get deleted and not the dozens of threads that get made at once, or the "I WANT TO EAT TATSUMAKI'S POO" posts, kind of makes me question the consistency.
It has always been like that. Are you really that new to not know that mod consistency has always been off? Not sure why you are really complaining about this now otherwise. Just be glad that some shitposts are being deleted.
>>
>>371772
Madoka threads rarely ever discuss the show. It's now an RPing general for tripfags. Mods are totally fine with it.
>>
>>371778
Show me a link if this is true.
>>
>>371767
I'm not talking recently. And no, it's not about people complaining about censorship, people on /v/ want it to be a better place, the mods just won't delete blatant shitposting within a thread, and it's only on /v/.
>>
>>371782
As soon as a mod deletes a single stupid comment in a thread people get up in arms assuming that he's giving his official seal of approval to every other comment in the thread.
>>
>>371773
>implying
A single rouge newfag mod trying to change /a/ to how he wants it has nothing to do with anything. That was nothing more than powertripping in hopes it'd pass under Hiro's radar. If anything, that's the reason for the lax moderation because the mods don't want another shitstorm
>>
>>371767
>Since it has gotten more lax since he's got admin

That is weird. There's a thread here right now that is praising him for stricter moderation. Who is right?
>>
>>371786
Nipples have always been against the rules on all NSFW boards. It so happens that /a/'s favorite darling mod did not enforce this rule for many many years, to the point where everybody assumed that it was "the rule."

Thanks to /a/ throwing a massive shitfit, hiro stepped in and specially modified the rules to appease 4chan's most entitled board, and had the developer write a special site functionality to support it.
>>
>>371774
>Shitposting is defined in the FAQ as a post that was deliberately made for the purpose of being shitty
and how do you define that? Interpretation? What if the guy was serious about the OPM fanbase being cancerous? I've seen several anons say that (and not get deleted) so who are you, or anyone to say he wasn't being serious?
>>
>>371792
>fuckin implying

>had the developer write a special site functionality to support it.
What? This never happened, you only need to fucking spoiler the shit
>>
holy shit can we just delete /a/ already?
>>
>>371796
That's "/a/'s favorite mod" talking, who later fucked off to Japan and no longer had time to run his little empire on the ground.

>What? This never happened, you only need to fucking spoiler the shit
Mods can spoiler things for you now.
>>
>>371792
You know, I'd be fine with that shit if it applied to every board and not just /a/.
>>
>>371799
No, in fact let's just create /a2/ so they have two boards. No difference in the rules or anything, just a second /a/.
>>
I won't name the board for the sake of privacy but I just saw someone on this site unironically using the name XxXNeferpitouXxX.
>>
>>371800
Anon, 4chan isn't fucking sfw and the boards have never been sfw. The rule is only there to prevent porn dumping

Instead of fucking complaining about how /a/ is posting board related content and actually discussing things instead of shitposting, how about you try and let your board post tiddies from official works. That is, if your home board can do that without devolving into porn dumps or entire thread made just for tit dumping. /a/ is allowed to, because a good fucking portion of the board related content has ecchi-like content and it'd be retarded to not allow it

>Mods can spoiler things for you now.
You're going to have to cite were it was said the dev only recently added that deature
>>
>>371780
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/133206484/
>>
File: 1448983981735.jpg (273 KB, 1280x759) Image search: [Google]
1448983981735.jpg
273 KB, 1280x759
>>371800
Here have a mootchat I saw someone post the other day as well
>>
>>371806
>Anon, 4chan isn't fucking sfw and the boards have never been sfw. The rule is only there to prevent porn dumping
We've been over this. It's not. I can't go into a Gochuu thread and post a single image (so it's not dumping) of Chino taking like, five dicks because - surprise - people don't want to see that shit. You can post figures, but you can't post hotglue. This "explanation" is a bunch of hot garbage.

?Instead of fucking complaining about how /a/ is posting board related content and actually discussing things instead of shitposting
You already won the war on staff. Why get righteously angry about it even now?

>You're going to have to cite were it was said the dev only recently added that deature
It literally never happened before. I'd say that's a pretty good sign. Who knows, maybe thread moving has been around for 10 years and they only started using it now.
>>
>>371814
>i cant go into a thread and post fucking fan art porn
Are you literally retarded and incapable of reading what was just said? Even the fucking mod post says it. YOU CAN POST NSFW O F F I C A L FOR NON-PORN ANIME AND MANGA

>but you can't post hotglue.
Because thats fucking inciting people and if I recall that was banned for a reason I can't remember

>You already won the war on staff. Why get righteously angry about it even now?
Why are you getting fucking angry about literally nothing that was never a problem

Even if the dev only recently added it. It was at best a few lines of code that ads a fucking checkbox on the mods side and thats it. You are making a deal out of nothing

You are upset over fucking nothing and the site has never been sfw in any form. The fact you can post fucking ecchi content from non-porn series on /a/ fucking tells you that
>>
>>371819
>Are you literally retarded and incapable of reading what was just said?
Yes. I read what you said. It's this: "Anon, 4chan isn't fucking sfw and the boards have never been sfw. The rule is only there to prevent porn dumping." And it's not true. The rule is also there to protect people's delicate sensibilities.

>Because thats fucking inciting people and if I recall that was banned for a reason I can't remember
It was banned because moot thought it was fucking disgusting. And how the fuck is it "inciting", as long as I'm not using it to troll?

>You are upset over fucking nothing and the site has never been sfw in any form.
>>
(hit submit early)

>>371822
>You are upset over fucking nothing and the site has never been sfw in any form.
"No. Worksafe boards are worksafe -- period. Not every board needs friggin' porn."
"Not every board needs to be porn/have NSFW content. We have plenty of boards for it."
"NWS material on worksafe board has *always* been against the rules. We didn't have enough janitors to enforce it consistently in the past. Now we do."
- moot
>>
>>371822
>The rule is also there to protect people's delicate sensibilities.
Why am I even arguing with a retard? If the rule was their to protect peoples sensibilities, why have you always been able to post NSFW content from offical non-porn series on /a/?

>as long as I'm not using it to troll?
Maybe that's because anyone who's hot glueing shit and posting it has that as their intention

>>371826
If you are going to post quotes, at-least provide screenshots. Anyone can fucking come up quotes that sound like moot. Even in those ones, it fucking obvious the goal is to stop pointless porn dumping/posting, not official nsfw content. And yes, there is a difference between official content and fanart. NSFW fan art isn't allowed
>>
>>371822
>The rule is only there to prevent porn dumping." And it's not true. The rule is also there to protect people's delicate sensibilities.
See
>>371810
moot said it is only there to stop porn dumps nothing more nothing less.

Also are you saying you would use the type of discussion that happens on blue boards in front of your boss at work? As I am pretty sure it would help work your way to getting fired.
>>
>>371830
>If the rule was their to protect peoples sensibilities, why have you always been able to post NSFW content from offical non-porn series on /a/?
Because some NSFW offends people more than others.

>Maybe that's because anyone who's hot glueing shit and posting it has that as their intention
There are entire password-protected Japanese imageboards where figure collectors share pictures of their hotglued figures. These people are not "trolling." They are sharing their love for figurines in their own unique way.

>If you are going to post quotes, at-least provide screenshots.
Desustorage /q/.
>>
>>371831
>moot said it is only there to stop porn dumps nothing more nothing less.
moot, in that particular quote, certainly didn't say it was "only there" to stop porn dumps. He offered it as a reason.

>Also are you saying you would use the type of discussion that happens on blue boards in front of your boss at work?
I feel sorry for anyone who's boss spends their time hovering behind them reading what they type, but that aside, SFW is used as a classifier, not because everybody should be browsing 4chan at work.
>>
>>371835
>Because some NSFW offends people more than others.
That's a shitty excuse anon, as 4chan has never made rules based on peoples feelings except for furrys and horsefuckers

Anon, I can ensure you. Almost everyone who posted hot glued figs on 4chan had the likely intention of trying to upset someone

>Desustorage /q/.
Nigga I ain't searching. If you want to fucking prove it, you spoonfeed me it. You don't make an argument and then go 'to prove my argument you need to search for the answers yourself'
>>
>>371841
>That's a shitty excuse anon, as 4chan has never made rules based on peoples feelings except for furrys and horsefuckers
Pretty much every rule 4chan has, it has because somebody was unhappy about what people were posting. Like, say, guro.

>Almost everyone who posted hot glued figs on 4chan had the likely intention of trying to upset someone
Is someone going to get upset now? I thought we just established that 4chan didn't give a shit about your feelings. And IIRC somebody melted a Sonico just fine without getting banned for "upsetting people."

>Nigga I ain't searching.
I've already spoonfed you the content, what you're looking for the source. As I recall, /a/ doesn't usually provide that when search engines are available for that exclusive purpose.
>>
>>371839
>He offered it as a reason
And where has he said it is to "protect people's delicate sensibilities"?

>SFW is used as a classifier, not because everybody should be browsing 4chan at work
So you admit it isn't the standard definition of SFW?
>>
>>371846
>And where has he said it is to "protect people's delicate sensibilities"?
People's sensibilities is pretty much the only reason content is demarcated into "acceptable" and "not acceptable."

>So you admit it isn't the standard definition of SFW?
On 4chan it tends to refer to images with nudity or sexual content, and not so much "unacceptable" text content.
>>
>>370998
Report them

Hop to the #4chan IRC and ask a mod to check them out.

>>371306
he closed it because he got upset people weren't licking his boots or rather because he had false expectations of /q/ and never stopped to think for a second his intended use of the board was impossible to achieve at this stage. His finals posts on the board where fucking vitriolic. That said, his and the mod's main statement for the deletion of /q/ was because it was getting continually spammed by delete /pol/ threads.

>>371256
Have you seen the massive amounts of furry whining after /aco/ was made?

They are still drama, even after all these years.

>>371349
The difference between /aco/ and all the porn boards is that /aco/ is a community. That's explicitly what /co/ wanted.

The anime porn boards are "legacy" boards that are subject to weird standards of what they should be. Even if they stopped strongly moderating /d/ for years and allowed it to become a community they destroyed all that just to fit that weird standard.
>>
>>371708
Kami has been on a rampage lately.

People make blatant shitposting threads and he just publicly bans the OP and lets the thread fester with shitposts.
>>
>>371726
> Normally, if you don't put any creativity into calling the show or userbase shit, the mods will ban ya

I fucking wish that was true for everything
>>
>>371845
>guro
I can't remember why that was banned, but even if it was banned from peoples feelings, it would of ended up with a global ban one day. The only place were it has any relevance is /b/ and its clones

>Is someone going to get upset now? I thought we just established that 4chan didn't give a shit about your feelings. And IIRC somebody melted a Sonico just fine without getting banned for "upsetting people."
>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames,
This falls under troll or flaming dude. Posting hot gluing figs is a troll, thats meant to create a flame war. Moot finding it disgusting was just icing on the cake. I can't even remember why we are discussing this one. Melting figs isn't inciting negative responses, its fucking funny. If you melt anything rare or expensive, then thats a different story

I'm not fucking looking for the source when I"m not the one whos trying to use it to prove a point
>>
>>371856
>The only place were it has any relevance is /b/ and its clones
How is it not relevant to /d/?
>>
>>371810
Moot still uses AIM? What the fuck? And how does anyone get any answers out of him when he's probably being flooded like mad by a million people telling him to do this and that?
>>
>>371856
>I can't remember why that was banned
Because people don't want to see that shit. This isn't fucking rocket science.

>Posting hot gluing figs is a troll, thats meant to create a flame war.
I sure hope you're not the guy who was originally complaining about the OPM deletions.

>I can't even remember why we are discussing this one.
I'm explaining to you that lots of things are banned on /a/ because people do not want to look at them.

>I'm not fucking looking for the source
Then don't, you helpless retard.
>>
>>371857
Because /d/ was made for dickgirs
>>
>>371858
It was in 2012 iirc, nobody used aim, he got few question
>>
>>371858
>implying IRC is any better than AIM
>>
>>371859
Then allow me to add guro to my list of feeling rules

>I sure hope you're not the guy who was originally complaining about the OPM deletions.
Fuck no. Why the fuck would a /v/ermin try and defend /a/'s right to post official nsfw content?

>Then don't, you helpless retard.
Good, because unless you spoonfeed me, those quotes are nothing but fakes
>>
>>371860
That was when guro had its own board so therefore it didn't belong on /d/. Also, there is plenty of non-dickgirl content on /d/ such as tentacles and scat. I highly doubt guro would flood the board when no one even posts it on /b/, so it makes sense for it to go there as it is alternative hentai
>>
>>371867
>Good, because unless you spoonfeed me, those quotes are nothing but fakes
As expected of a lazy, entitled shit-eater.
>>
>>371869
Scat is explicitly banned from /d/.
>>
>>371871
You don't get to make a claim and not back-up that claim. I shouldn't be expected to have to do the research for you to validate your argument. Cuntfuck
>>
>>371875
You're literally too fucking stupid or lazy to use a search engine.

With people like you on board /a/ every lsat one of the rec threads people manage to spawn.
>>
>>371878
*deserves every last one of the rec threads
>>
>>371873
Okay, I forgot about that but my point still stands, just replace scat with <any other alternative fetish>
>>
>>371878
Anon, the problem here is that you made a claim and you need to back the fucking thing up. The lazy faggot here is you for expecting me to have to slap some text into the archive to validate YOUR argument, not mine, instead of you posting the fucking link

>/a/ deserves rec threads because i dont want to have to do what your meant to do
>>
>>371849
>People's sensibilities is pretty much the only reason content is demarcated into "acceptable" and "not acceptable."
Sounds like it is your interpretation than anything that has been specifically said then. Based upon what moot said, it was just a rule designed to stop porn images being posted. Not, to protect the users feelings and such.

>On 4chan it tends to refer to images with nudity or sexual content, and not so much "unacceptable" text content.
So you admit that you can post NSFW text content on SFW boards showing that be board isn't exactly SFW (by the normal definition)? So the only difference between blue and red is the picture content, preventing blue boards becoming centred around posting porn.
>>
>>371884
>Anon, the problem here is that you made a claim and you need to back the fucking thing up.
I gave you a quote. I gave you a source. You don't need to search it up if you truly enjoy being a helpless retard who allows in your own ignorance.

>meant to do
This is take it or leave it. If you refuse to look it up you will forever remain in a state of proud and obstinate ignorance. I'm actually perfectly fine with that.

You can declare outright that I'm lying if you want. I don't mind. It just means that anybody who does care will see you for the ignorance piece of shit that you are.
>>
>>371885
>Based upon what moot said, it was just a rule designed to stop porn images being posted.
Why would you want to stop porn images from being posted? Oh, I know. It's because people don't want to see it.

>So the only difference between blue and red is the picture content
Has anyone ever argued that you can't post about how you want to fuck X character on a blue board? No? Why bring it up?
>>
>>371889
No. You gave me a quote, and you told me it was on /q/ on desustorage. You didn't give me jack. All you did was told me to validate your argument myself, instead of you fucking validating your own argument. I'm not doing that. I'm not living in ignorance either, you told me the quotes and they actually sound moot like. I'll believe you, but I'm not validating your argument for you

>>371890
>Oh, I know. It's because people don't want to see it.
It's because any fucking board that allows porn would quickly fucking drown in it. This one is obvious and /b/ is the perfect example of it. You are allowed to post anything on /b/, yet, everyone has ALWAYS instead resorted to posting porn
>>
>>371890
>It's because people don't want to see it.
No, it's because it just turns every board into a porn dump or /b/ and distracts from discussion
>Has anyone ever argued that you can't post about how you want to fuck X character on a blue board
When Hiro came to /a/ to discuss the deletion of SFW loli images, there was a discussion over whether or not you should be allowed to say you want to fuck a loli. Eventually it was decided that it was okay (as long as it was a 2D loli)
>>
>>371892
>I'll believe you, but I'm not validating your argument for you.
Awesome. I never asked you to look them up in the first place, so my claim will tragically remain forever unvalidated by anyone.

>You are allowed to post anything on /b/, yet, everyone has ALWAYS instead resorted to posting porn.
Maybe it's because /b/ has no topic? You can post porn in /u/ but it's sure not fucking /b/.
>>
>>371890
>It's because people don't want to see it.
That is not the same as having hurt feelings. It is just wanting to have actual discussion instead of threads full of people dumping porn images. Is a difference.

>Has anyone ever argued that you can't post about how you want to fuck X character on a blue board? No? Why bring it up?
Because the post here >>371826 seemed to indicate that you think the site is somehow SFW.
>>
It's worth noting that "non worksafe" does not necessarily mean porn. As an example, /pol/ is a red board despite porn being banned
>>
>>371894
>so my claim will tragically remain forever unvalidated by anyone.
Good, because you will forever be remembered as the retard who was upset he had to prove he argument

>using fucking /u/ as a example
/u/ is actually a special case. I'm not sure what it is with yuri that makes people so retarded, but it somehow does. /u/ is also full of shipperfags who'll probably cause flame wars if you posted yuri porn with parings they didn't like. Lets use a better example. If you allowed porn on /mlp/, it would, without a doubt, become clophaven
>>
>>371903
>Good, because you will forever be remembered as the retard who was upset he had to prove he argument
Bitch please, I've given a source that literally fucking anybody with an internet connection and a working brain could look up. You might as well complain that all research papers have worthless citations unless they contain inline links to everything they cite.
>>
>>371907
A good portion of online research papers provide direct links to citations provided digitally faggot. You aren't citing a fucking book, you are citing a site, so its only expected that you link to it as well
>>
>>371865
Neither of them are good. You shouldn't need to use chatrooms/instant messages in the first place.
>>
>>371914
I don't give a shit how much shit you expect from me, because I don't have the obligation to go out of my way to do jack shit to make your life easier. I've already done the what's necessary to allow anybody who cares to verify what I've said. You're too much of a lazy piece of shit to do that? Then I guess you'll just never fucking know whether I told you the truth or not! I'm practically creaming myself with glee knowing the number of mysteries in the universe has gone up by one.
>>
File: mpv-shot0597.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0597.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>371919
Can you just eat a fucking dick already and admit you are too fucking lazy to actually cite quotes you provide
>>
>>371927
I am in fact "too fucking lazy" to do your work for you because if you aren't willing to put in a minimal amount of effort you don't deserve jack shit.

I'm actually 100% overjoyed to know that you have deliberate chosen to throw a shitfight about your god-given right to wallow in ignorance.
>>
What the fuck is happening in this thread?
>>
>>371934
Anon, the one who's too lazy is you. I fucking went out of my way to dig though my picture folder for both of those images I provided, instead of just quoting the shit. The least you can do is fucking give me a link or a picture of the shit you are quoting.

And I'm 100% happy to throw that deliberate shitfest
>>
>>371942
It's the happenings thread. Of course things are happening.
>>
>>371942
Happenings right on /qa/
>>
File: .png (17 KB, 278x40) Image search: [Google]
.png
17 KB, 278x40
>>371942
>>
>>371942
Arguing over semantics of rules, while in the happening thread
>>
>>371942
People should learn to just go argue somewhere else.
/qa/ is already full of arguments, we don't need more in one of the few interesting meta threads on the board.
>>
>>371948
They should change it to that
>>
>>371955
I'm not going to apologize. I originally intended to only do a few quick replys but started to enjoy the shitflinging. It's also been a pretty slow day
>>
>>368622
>let us know the happenings on your board
/qa/ is bitching over rule semantics of blue and red boards in this thread. >>368622
>>
Can anybody give a hands-up on what happened to the Risk threads on /pol/ or /int/? Some anons think games are banned on /pol/ and the skype group's given up on /pol/.
>>
>>372006
hopefully they're banned

they were always fucking cancerous
>>
Got a false report warning for reporting the atheism spam on /b/. Were those not being frequently deleted months ago?
>>
>>372089
What did you report?

Also show day on my boards. Nothing interesting, and this thread isn't helping.
>>
What is this?
Angry man yells at cloud: The thread?

When I saw 100+ new posts I expected Hiro to have posted around here.
>>
>>372135
There's this shit all over /b/ where people spam threads with some variation of of a rant against Atheism with an accompanying picture of Dakota Fanning crying from some movie. It was really bad a few months ago and the threads eventually started getting deleted. Saw one when I decided to see what was going on in /b/ and reported it only to get a warning about a half hour later.
>>
>>372136
>When I saw 100+ new posts I expected Hiro to have posted around here.
Thought the same thing.
>>
File: f102.png (9 KB, 514x240) Image search: [Google]
f102.png
9 KB, 514x240
>>372136
Yeah, I just woke up and wondered what the hell happened to the thread.
>>
>>372089
>Were those not being frequently deleted months ago?
Not sure, there were for sure a lot more of them. It explodd as meme but fast went away again.
>>
>>372135
I forgot to mention that /mu/ has rediscovered sporks

>>>/mu/60878196
>>>/mu/60878616
>>>/mu/60876914
>>>/mu/60877058
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.