[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY AREN'T E-CELEB BULLSHIT THREADS BANNED TO THEIR OWN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1408325597853.gif (2 MB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
1408325597853.gif
2 MB, 400x310
WHY AREN'T E-CELEB BULLSHIT THREADS BANNED TO THEIR OWN CONTAINMENT BOARD YET?!

Literally EVERY hobby board suffers from it

Just fucking END IT already
>>
>>361060
Next you're going to want to ban discussions.
>>
>>361062
>>361062
Banning off-topic shitthreads are exactly what I'm suggesting.

obsessively talking about a person who likes a hobby = talking about said hobby
>>
>>361063
fuck my typing, you know what I meant
>>
They don't need a containment board, they just need to be purged completely from the site. And the reason they're not deleted is because the mods are the biggest faggots on 4chan, which isn't really news.
>>
>>361060
>give cancer its own board
No, just fucking ban it
>>
File: 1448549766735.jpg (60 KB, 803x715) Image search: [Google]
1448549766735.jpg
60 KB, 803x715
Why can't you guys keep this shit in check? Anyone who tries to make YouTube or e-celeb threads on /a/ get shitpoated off the board at least nine out of ten times.

Personally I think it should be outright banned but in the mean time I wonder why can't just do what we do.
>>
Celebrity shit infests /hr/
>>>/hr/2522580
/tv/
>>>/tv/63072628
/v/
>>>/v/317961217
And now /vr/
>>>/vr/2809751
How long until it gets banned?
>>
>>361060
They were here for ages, only autists like you bitch about them
>>
>>361060
>>361087
>>361070
>>361117
>>361128
How are those threads not related to the subject? Fucking retards
>>
>>361131
E-celebs aren't video games, you fucktard. There is also no place for them to be discussed here because they are cancer and encourage incredibly low quality posting and just plain shitposting
>>
There are many problems this site has and YouTubers is the least of them
>>
>>361134
I will accept banning threads on them, but only when you start banning waifu threads too
>>
>>361138
There is nothing wrong with waifu discussion when it doesn't go too far or is image dumping. Atleast its actually discussing the topic
>>
>>361138
>waifu discussion- discussion of a character(s) from a topic
>e-celeb discussion- discussion of some asshat who talks/plays/reviews about the topic

Do you see how one is directly related and the other isn't?
>>
>>361151
No I don't.

>Waifu discussion - Listing characters and posting pictures of them, ad infinitum, and talking about our weird possessive ownership of them.
>e-celeb discussion - Discussing the meta narrative of the culture surrounding our topic through the purview of some of the loudest voices.

You can frame any subject both good and bad.
>>
>>361218
Except that still makes waifu on topic and e-celeb off topic you dunce.
>>
>>361226
That depends on your board. /v/ explicitly permits "video game culture." /hr/ has no topic, and /vr/ would allow neither waifuposts nor celebs.
>>
>>361218
That still makes waifus on-topic, fuckwit, as you are still talking about characters and things from anime and manga. E-celeb is off topic, its only loosely related to 'video game culture' through the extreme usage of mental gymnastics
>>
>>361131
Posting inane shit about youtube reviewers and "comedians" isn't video game discussion.
>>
>>361234
/v/ is more than just discussion of video games. It's discussion of "video game culture" too.
>>
>>361235
Oh, so that's why /v/ is complete garbage.
>>
File: shut up.jpg (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
shut up.jpg
12 KB, 500x500
>>361238
So leave.
>>
>>361230
>/vr/ would allow neither waifuposts nor celebs.
Back when it used to have mods and wasn't infested by /v/ shitters, that was the case

I miss /vr/ so much
>>
E-Celeb discussions are a direct result of allowing any meta-discussion of any sort. If you allow people to talk about talking, then you talk about E-Celebs. Don't allow people to talk about talking, and you drive out the people who don't fit in with the rest of the mould and bitch and moan about the "tone" of the board.

Which I'm all for. Fuck 'em. Fuck all y'all.
>>
>>361240
If /vr/ didn't have such deplorable moderation it could become good again. It really feels like /vr/'s janitors are sleeping 24 hours a day.
>>
>>361134
>E-celebs aren't video games

hownu.ru?

If it's a review, playing, or discussion on video games then it is vidya.

Plus /v/ has had e-celeb threads for damn near a decade starting with AVGN and Spoony.
>>
>>361502
E-celebs have never been video games and never will be. Stop trying to pretend they are. They are consider video game culture and only loosely and still shouldn't be posted. The video games culture should be removed anyway, its what shits the board up

>Plus /v/ has had e-celeb threads for damn near a decade starting with AVGN and Spoony.
>weve always had this bad cancer growth so we may as well leave it there to grow and fester more
>>
>>361241
>Don't allow people to talk about talking

Honestly this would fix so many quality problems with 4chan. /qa/ is the only board that should allow meta discussion.
>>
>>361628
/qa/, /r9k/, /b/, /his/, and /lit/.

And /s4s/ lol.

Maybe /qa/ couldn't hold the brunt of the meta discussions on every board and a /meta/ could be created to house it all. Meta could be a containment board for board related generals where there is always a /po/-general.

Actually, call it /baw/.
>>
>>361883
/qq/
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.