[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>unsubscribe from everything >subscribe to only good subreddits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11
File: vaultfeels.jpg (90 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
vaultfeels.jpg
90 KB, 500x734
>unsubscribe from everything
>subscribe to only good subreddits
>don't give a fuck about upvotes / downvotes
>tfw reddit isn't that bad

why is reddit bad again?
>>
The majority of Reddit does the exact opposite of what you do, that's why.
>>
File: roflbot.jpg (100 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
roflbot.jpg
100 KB, 500x734
>>
File: roflbot.png (333 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
roflbot.png
333 KB, 500x734
>>356643
>>
File: falloutdude.jpg (177 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
falloutdude.jpg
177 KB, 500x734
>>356645
>he can't into fill bucket
>>
You want a true shithole, try Imgur. You can't publish a picture without some Asshole chiming in.
>>
>>356658
even if you don't tag it or anything?
>>
>>356659

Has nothing to do with tagging, when you publicly publish an image others can comment. I just keep imgur as my private album now as the comment section is nothing but bashing and know-it-alls.
>>
>>356639
I went on r/starwarsbattlefront and it is literally a bunch of faggots circle jerking over this game sharing their pics, vids trying to use the best quote to get the most upvotes I left shaking.
>>
>>356639

Usernames, attention whoring and beta kek circle-jerking. I'd rather die before gargling down the ejaculate of some beta c.uck
>>
I use AdBlock Plus Element Hider to hide votes and then sort comments by age. Made the site a LOT better for me.
>>
>good subreddits
>good
>>
>>356639
>don't give a fuck about upvotes / downvotes
Easier said than done. Since downvotes actually affect your posting. Have an unpopular opinion and get downvoted? Well here's a timer for you too.

As long as up/downvotes are anything more than voting up/down they are impossible to completely ignore. Which is one of the fundamental flaws of reddit.

Then there's the users, which is a whole different story.
>>
>>357047
Your mistake is caring about what people think of your comments. Someone who ignores a comment just because it was downvoted is not worthy of seeing it in the first place. The people who matter will see your comment and sometimes even respond to it if they have something to say. That's all.
>>
>>357051
What I'm saying is that if you get downvoted enough you literally can't comment for some time.
It has little to do with what people think of my comment.
>>
>>357047
>As long as up/downvotes are anything more than voting up/down they are impossible to completely ignore.
The simple act of having a up/downvotes system, even if its purely cosmetic makes a website a flawed hell hole. People will always use those systems and make it core to actual posting. Any website that has that sort of feature is useless and a waste of time to post and browse. They are only good for aggravating small bits of information and news
>>
>>357055
I'm pretty sure that's not true. On the off chance it is, it probably does not happen unless you are literally a bot spamming the site or some shit, because I've never heard of it.
>>
>>357059
Looking around, this is what I found.
>Looks like you're either a brand new user or your posts have not been doing well recently. You may have to wait a bit to post again. In the meantime feel free to check out the reddiquette or join the conversation in a different thread.
I'm not sure if it's still in place though.
>>
>>357071
So at worst it's thread-based, and it seems like it's mostly just a way to prevent bot accounts from going wild. Reddit comments aren't particularly rapidfire anyway.
>>
>>356658
>>356684
Why exactly would you publish a picture on imgur in the first place? Literally the entire reason that feature exists is that you can say "Hey dudes, comment on my image!". If you don't care about the community (and why would you, it's a fucking image upload site, not a forum) then you can just upload the image normally and nobody will drop off a comment because they won't see it. The two reasons you upload to imgur are 1) storage/backups and 2) to show an image to somebody else, in which case you're just going to direct link it to them. So tell me, why the fuck are you PUBLISHING an image?
>>
>>357087
Yeah, it's thread based as far as I know. But it still has no place if you want any actual discussion in the comments and not just endless circlejerking.
>>
File: Fucking 2008.jpg (30 KB, 413x142) Image search: [Google]
Fucking 2008.jpg
30 KB, 413x142
>>356639
>why is reddit bad again?
1. Their users steal EVERYTHING from other sites, just like eBaums and 9gag;
2. Their users think 4chan is their garbage can. Everyone who says "4chan is just for shitposting and reddit is the place where you can have have actual and serious discussion" is the worst kind of redditor;
3. You can not give a fuck about downvotes, but when your comment reaches an certain amount of downvotes, it gets automatically hidden. THIS is censorship;
4. A very splitted community. They have like 15 subreddits to discuss the same thing;
5. Usernames = Automatically circlejerk;
6. Usernames = "IAM DA FAMOUS PERSON OF DIS FORUM, AKA XMEGAREDDITORSXXXX1997XX, BEEN HERE SINCE 1997, AMA ME ANYTHING AND BE MUH PERSONAL ARMIE BCOS I AM EFAMOUS LOL";
7. They don't lurk before posting here;
8. They don't even try to fit in, hell, even gaiafags used to try to fit in. Cancer belongs on cancerous sites, that's it, you can't change the chan. It was always this way and it will always be this way.
>>
>>356639
>Describes a sequence of actions that literally zero people on reddit perform
You answered your own question faggot.

Not to mention upvoting and downvoting is a cancerous system in the first place that encourages groupthink and shuts down all dissenting opinion.
>>
>>356639
i just looked at r/4chan. they have 700,000 subscribers. thats almost a MILLION people who are into the cancer thats posted on there, and im sure a good portion of them come here. if you cant see why that is bad then end yourself my friend
>>
as it is community based, then if we made a point to go over there, overwhelm everyone, then we control the community.
(I know it will never happen though.)
since reddit's major flaw is it's cringeworthy community, we should change it's community.
>>
It's just teenage identity validation. "We're so not like reddit, mirite 4channers?"
Moot even made /s4s/ as a joke at those who were paranoid that SRS was going to take over 4chan. Nobody got the joke.
>>
File: Disgusted hoy.png (177 KB, 350x341) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted hoy.png
177 KB, 350x341
>>357788
>Moot even made /s4s/ as a joke at those who were paranoid that SRS was going to take over 4chan.
>moot makes /s4s/ as a mockery of reddit
>reddit comes into /s4s/ and mistakenly believes they're in good company
>Becomes shitposting ground zero and produces literally all of the worst content to come out of the site

Sounds about right you fucking reddit cancer.

>Using the word channer at all
>>
>>357796
Literally the kind of dickhead that didn't get the joke
>>
>>357796

The channer stuff is an oldfag term. I'm surprised to even see it around. Granted, it was generally popularized by Shii, who has made some waves and drama and isn't some universally liked person, but it's not a new thing. It's just been used to describe people who stick to anonymous imageboards and textboards.

Every kind of community has a name. Channer is the one that just describes people who stick to these kinds of sites.
>>
File: kek.jpg (38 KB, 320x309) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
38 KB, 320x309
>>357788
>Discussing [s4s] on /qa/
Don't even bother. Every time [s4s] is brought up on this board, it turns into a flame war of people who understand [s4s], people who don't, and actual [s4s] users shitposting on both sides to egg it on.
>>
>>357036

Same but I also made everyone Anonymous using CSS.
>>
>>357796
>channer
please reply to >>358075
>>
>>357807
this guy GETS IT
>>
Reddit's only useful for a few niche games that I play, since almost no one talk about them here. I found that Reddit becomes bearable when the topic at hand is more obscure.
>>
>>356639
>>unsubscribe from everything
Is this even possible?
>>
>>357807
Forgot your admin trip.
>>
>>358234
Yes?
but I mean the main subreddits.
only ones I kept are /r/games and /r/movies.
>>
>>358242
Ah, cool. I hate all those default subreddits.
>>
>>356658
Imgur is a complete fucking shit hole. I really don't understand how people browse it when you get such huge content swings. At least with reddit I can ignore the trash
>>
>>358259
You can ignore the trash on imgur by NOT BROWSING FOR IMAGES. Seriously, use it as an upload site and leave it at that. It's literally just unfiltered reddit. Why would anyone want that?
>>
/qa/ - reddit
>>
>>357293
>1. Their users steal EVERYTHING from other sites, just like eBaums and 9gag;
It's a link collection website, anon, no fucking shit. At least they link to the original.
>>
>>357788
>anyone who says anything negative about my favorite website is LEEJUN TRYHARD TEENAGER etc
Every time someone criticizes reddit
>>
>>357775
That's what the people who are on reddit now did to 4chan back in 2007 and 2008.
If you haven't realised by now, you are part of the problem.
>>
>>356639
If there is no one to blame in 4chan.
Blame Redditor !
I blame redditor for every single comment in this thread. Reddit behind this.
>>
>>356639
Shockingly the boards that are good rarely have new posts in them.
>>
>>357807
>understand [s4s]
it's pure reddit-tier cancer with stolen ylilauta memes and its posters pretending it's ironic or some shit
there's nothing to "understand" about it, yeah it started as a joke but now it's awful
>>
>>357038
you have /r/shitpost that pretty much just makes fun of reddit.
>>
>>356639
Fuck off reddit
>>
They stole some crap esfoures made about duck terrorists, posted it themselves in imgur and then all upboated each other, slaps on the back all around for stealing Chan good. F*** pathetic imgur. Check yourself
>>
>>357807
I knew about 4chan since it was started but I never had any interest in it until you guys starting significantly affecting things outside of 4chan, so I started coming to /b/ in 2010 to study it and ended up getting sucked into it, then right when I was starting to get kind of bored of it [s4s] was created and those first couple of months where it was hidden were totally ridiculous and i had never seen anything else like it on le internet, so i got super involved and then [s4s] progressed and i lost interest at a couple points but i always keep coming back because even though we get fig newtons and rudeposters, the core of goodness that was at the heart of the original [s4s] is still here in some form and there's still really no where else like this for me.

thanks for reading my blogpost
>>
File: reddit gold.png (437 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
reddit gold.png
437 KB, 480x640
>>357796
>>358515
>>
File: kek.gif (696 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
696 KB, 327x316
>>358515
Thanks for proving my point pal
>>
File: beautiful_running_horse.jpg (102 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
beautiful_running_horse.jpg
102 KB, 1024x681
Ahhhh the good old every $4$ poster is actually a redditor conspiracy. Never gets old. I actually only ever see reddit discussion on these boards. Nobody in esfoures even cares about it. Anyway see you losers later, I'm riding my pony called Esteban4 back to /s4s. Go back to giving gold to each other.
>>
>>357788
>[s4s] made to parody /r/shitredditsays
>grows its own culture like your mum's vagina
>now the place to go for D A N K M E M E S and chilling out with a bunch of funposters
They survived Reddit and now they're pretty cool guys. Ey makes memes and doesn't afraid of singles
>>
OFFICIAL "IF YOU BECOME A FAGGOT REDDITOR" GUIDE TO SUBREDDITS:

God tier:
/r/todayilearned
/r/mildlyinteresting
/r/LifeProTips

Good tier:
/r/aww
/r/pics
/r/space
/r/science

Average tier:
/r/IAmA
/r/videos
/r/gifs
/r/nottheonion
/r/tifu
/r/WritingPrompts
/r/UpliftingNews
/r/OldSchoolCool

Shit tier:
/r/explainlikeimfive
/r/movies
/r/gaming
/r/AskReddit
/r/news
/r/music
/r/subredditdrama
/r/sports
/r/TumblrInAction

Faggotry tier:
/r/worldnews
/r/cringe
/r/music
Any feminist subreddit

Kill yourself tier:
/r/funny
/r/atheism
/r/ShitRedditSays
/r/cringeanarchy
/r/4chan
Any other default sub
>>
>>356639
But why even put up with that shit?

Why not just say scrap that idiotic site, and make a new reddit without non-linear upvoted comments and the absolute monstrosity that is reddit gold.

>why is reddit bad again?
Because we don't assume that most people use it the way you described. You're probably in the minority, and again it just begs the question I asked at the top. Why even bother?
>>
>>360320
return to reddit
>>
>>360320
>/r/todayilearned
>God tier
u fucking wat m8
>>
Typical pro reddit arguments
>muh secret club (because not wanting facebook tier plebs that dominate reddit on 4chan is a bad thing)
>muh internet war (redditors perceive any criticism of their favourite website as an attack on reddit)
>4chan is for shitposting/banter, reddit is for real discussion (reddit is actually awful for discussion)
>because 4chan is so great right? (for some reason redditors think hating reddit means thinking 4chan is without flaw, however people here are generally quite critical of 4chan)
>why does everyone hate reddit? (redditors often come into a thread and ask this despite the question already being answered several times in the thread. this is usually followed by "it's an epic meme" or something similar by another who can't handle the reasons already stated)
>>
>>356639
If you actually post your opinions you'll eventually get banned.
They're pretty antisjw, desu, except in the sjw cabals where all criticism is censored.
>>
>>360320
>/r/cringeanarchy
ironically closest to 4chan culture outside of /r/idon'tgotoreal4chan
>>
>>356639
r/4chan is finally dead
we did it reddit
>>
>>360571
Cool, now all the cool kidz from there will come here. Not that they aren't already here anyway...
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.