[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to Explore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 736x769) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 736x769
Hey /pol/,

I've come to the realization that I want to explore and conquest. It is in my blood. I have famous relatives who explored the Russian Far East. I want to chart the uncharted seas, navigate the mystical and aloof Siberian forests, conquer cities and towns and see Constaintinople restored, find colonies on Mars, and more. I want to feel like Hernan Cortes in the painting attached.

But I don't know how to do this in the modern age /pol/. Do you? Do you know how I can become an explorer and conquestor in the modern age? How do?

background:
>freshman at top 5 uni, studying math
>>
File: imperial_russia_winter.jpg (264 KB, 960x496) Image search: [Google]
imperial_russia_winter.jpg
264 KB, 960x496
>>73843748
I'm also interested in this, hopefully someone with something thoughtful to say will pop in
>>
>>73843748
>>73844883
i was born to be a nomad

staying in one place - it just does not feel right
>>
>>73843748
you just may be autistic

the age of the explorer is done.

but if you want to go adventuring, I'd recommend Madagascar. or the islands of New Guinea / Australia like New Caledonia, etc.
>>
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child is grown, the dream is gone.
>>
>>73843748
WE
>>
>>73843748
Get Age of Empires
>>
Can join a private security force and become a soldier of fortune. A VIP bodyguard for rich people in dangerous places like Africa.
>>
>>73843748
Same. Just thinking about it is the only thing that truly lifts my spirits. Everything else just feels like synthetic short term gratification.
>>
>>73843748
OP you have a few options.

You can get into politics/Gov, and try and conquest like that.

Or 2:
Wait for the world to end, and gather people to follow you.

Regardless of which choice being fit, charismatic and being able to lead and convince people to do what you want helps.
>>
>>73843748
Go to South America. They find new ruins every year.
>>
>>73845427
I feel this way too. Would love to live with a small group of like-minded people and just live throughout North America traveling wherever we want whenever we want.
>>
>>73846087
I'm pretty damn good in science and math, any avenue through these subjects to achieve my dreams?
>>
Travel to Europe in 5 years.
>>
>>73843748
yeah, email me. i like your thinking senpai [email protected]
>>
>>73847625
w-w-why?
>>
>>73845017
>>73845017
>>73845017

risk thread
>>
>>73847707
im collecting pure souls like OP in my magical yamulke

desu i just want to make friends with mentalities like these, that reject society and value virgin land
>>
>>73843748
You can be the first to find the dome in Antarctica and prove the flat earth theory.
>>
Ive thought about this, I figure Id try to join the army, get into active duty, and go awol. If you run off with that military equipment and become an armed nomad in some 3rd world country itd be pretty cool. Theres a few drawbacks but hey its a start.
>>
>>73847838
you can email me too
>>
There's nothing left to explore anon. We've mapped out the entire world.

EXCEPT if you have an underwater vehicle like a submarine. We've explored less than 10% of the ocean.
>>
>>73843748

Try playing Paradox games or an old ass game called Seven Cities of Gold.

Sorry bud, it's all been done.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.