[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-vegans, why aren't you vegan? >BONUS ROUND: No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: d7j2gij.jpg (3 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
d7j2gij.jpg
3 MB, 3872x2592
Non-vegans, why aren't you vegan?

>BONUS ROUND: No "me like da taste muh god said muh dominion over da animals" replies allowed.

When will you realize you're no better than the 'lesser intelligent and wild parts of the human race' that you claim to hate?
>>
>>73451506
Im not gay
>>
Because I'm an omnivore and eating a wide variety of both plants and animals is more satisfying than restricting my diet based upon memes.
>>
>>73451506
Simply because I cant afford to eat only vegetables like you. I barely make enough to live.
>>
>>73451506
Does it help with acne?
>>
>>73451506
Meat tastes good and it's good for you
>>
>>73451506
Russians capable of shitposting on this level.

Interesting.
>>
>>73451506
You'd eat your own dead baby if you were literally starving. You would. You wouldn't be able to help the urge. It's just human/animal nature.
>>
Tastes good m8
>>
File: 1462055526588.jpg (174 KB, 540x586) Image search: [Google]
1462055526588.jpg
174 KB, 540x586
>>73452181
Lol get the fuck out of here, heathen scum.
>>
>>73451506
>no me like da taste

You can't just remove the strongest argument

Anyone with half a brain can tell veganism is correct from a moral standpoint and we'll all be vegan in a thousand years, but right now the strongest argument for meat eating is that it's tasty

holds water for me
>>
i want to be vegan, but its easier to get all the nutrients in my diet with meat.

also, tastes a lot better
>>
>>73451506
>When will you realize you're no better than the 'lesser intelligent and wild parts of the human race' that you claim to hate?
you mean the ones that are literally starving in africa, a fucking wonderland of docile, prime hunting meat, where there is scarcely even regulation to stop you simply buying a gun and fucking shooting a gazelle or a giraffe or whatever the fuck you may want to eat?
having to work out to keep fit is a fucking testament to the superiority of the west, and guess what? meat is integral to our diet. it's part of who we are, and who we are is the fucking greatest humanity has to offer.
>>
Convenience. Animal products taste nice and they're easier to acquire than vegan food and it's easier to be healthy on a non-vegan diet than a vegan diet.
Once I have my life sorted out I'll probably go vegan. It's the right thing to do and most of my mates are vegan and their food tastes pretty good.
>>
>>73451506
How the hell did you build up enough fat to survive Russian winters on a vegan diet?!?
>>
>>73451506
Humans are omnivores, I choose an appropriate omnivore diet.
>>
File: steak.jpg (96 KB, 550x347) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
96 KB, 550x347
>>
Eating plants is also killing a living species, so i don't give a shit if i kill other animals
>>
>>73451506

vegan master-race reporting in
>>
>>73451506
Because I don't care t limit the variety of food I can eat like that. And I feel better when i eat a large variety anyways. Plus, kinda hard to get the proteins your body needs without eating meat.
>>
>>73451506

i feel that as a man who is 60 lbs overweight i am still healthier than a vegan
>>
>>73452528
>it's a mad anti-vegan poster says something retarded thread
>>
because you can't get sufficient protein without eating meat.
>>
cant be bothered having to think before i order something (does this have meat in it? does it have dairy?)

i feel really bad for people with significant allergies, come to think of it
>>
File: عکس زیبا.jpg (955 KB, 2456x3480) Image search: [Google]
عکس زیبا.jpg
955 KB, 2456x3480
>>73451506
>File: d7j2gij.jpg (3.15 MB, 3872x2592)
>>
>>73451506
Because my canines and incisors tell me that my body was not constructed for a plant-only diet.
>>
>>73451506

Because life is a non-stop parade of pain and suffering and our pretensions of being of a higher order than the other animals who freely eat other animals without remorse are completely pointless.
>>
>>73451506
bc legumes are shitty
Good day
>>
>>73452609
so plants aren't living organisms?

read a book
>>
>>73451506
I'm diabetic and celiac
>>
>>73452377
>muh progress
in a thousand years whites will have just wrested europe back from centuries of islamic rule AGAIN and will be right about where we are now, or will be a dead civilization with not even the historians to remember us, and meat eaters will dominate, as they always have and always will.

You don't ever get to remove yourself from the food chain, you can only lower your position on it.
>>
>>73451506

I like to hunt and eat my own kill.

You are simply weak.
>>
>>73451924
Yes, actually. Dairy is one of the leading causes of acne. I believe meat can make acne worse too. A vegan diet will definitely help. If you want to go all-out, you can eat a raw vegan diet and drink only water. But even just being vegan will be very helpful.
>>73452181
That has nothing to do with this thread. Fuck off to reddit.
>>
>>73451696
This.
>>
File: 20160508_202359-1.jpg (3 MB, 2460x1586) Image search: [Google]
20160508_202359-1.jpg
3 MB, 2460x1586
>>73451506
I have no reason to be vegan and I don't need one.
Enjoy your vegetables.
>>
>>73452740
No, but the fact of cellular activity is not the reason vegans abstain from consuming animal products.
>>
>>73451506
because mummy makes really good tendies
>>
File: 1462126689388.jpg (18 KB, 320x325) Image search: [Google]
1462126689388.jpg
18 KB, 320x325
Nazi Vegetarian checking in. I can't be the only one. Hitler was a Vegetarian, so what are you waiting for Anon??
>>
>>73452527
how can tofu even compete?
>>
Veganism offends my religion
>>
File: tumblr_n2708eUmMO1s02vreo1_400.gif (2 MB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2708eUmMO1s02vreo1_400.gif
2 MB, 400x293
>>73451506

GR8 B8 M8.

Why *should* I be vegan?

Bonus round: NO
>muh animal liberation
>muh healthy
>muh sustainability
>>
>>73452807
Thanks.
>>
>>73451506

Because I dont give a shit about farm animals.

Argue that you limp wristed faggot.
>>
File: 1458947261442.jpg (137 KB, 464x700) Image search: [Google]
1458947261442.jpg
137 KB, 464x700
>>73451506
Vegans are faggots as they are obnoxious about it
I am a vegetarian and so was pic related
>>
>>73451506
>'lesser intelligent and wild parts of the human race
>human race

lol leftists really have gone crazy
>>
>>73452807
Piss off you whiny cunt. If you're one claiming to be "vegan", then would eat meat because you're dying, you're a hypocrite faggot and just don't eat meat for idiotic reasons. And you would eat meat if you had to. So why be a vegan? So you can tell everyone you are and annoy them. Basic suvival instincts say eat meat. Moronic ideals say "no no it bad"
>>
>>73452898
there are many different reasons to be vegan. some are good, most are not. In your lofty ideals, is it evil of me to eat a cow that was treated as a pet on a farm, spoiled with good food, and quickly and painlessly killed at the end of a carefree life, before it became old and painful? because 90% of the meat I eat comes from a local farm where I have personally helped with the cows and know for a fact they are treated humanely as a cow can be.
>>
>>73451506
I don't share your values so any metric of "better" is just going to be subjective garbage.

Given my level of activity and the kind of body I choose to maintain, animal proteins are the most efficient, cost effective, readily available source of the 220 grams I take in daily.
>>
>>73452898
The reason most do it is some sense of shame and sympathy towards taking a life to eat but there's no sympathy towards something that can't scream for you i guess?

Why is my empathy towards animals so wrong?
>>
File: this is art.jpg (70 KB, 655x606) Image search: [Google]
this is art.jpg
70 KB, 655x606
>>73451506
>>73452902
>>73453003

Yeah OP, you're better off making vegetarian threads. That battle is a better strategy. We have to fight smarter than Hitler himself actually, who got BTFO.
>>
>>73453239
>220 grams I take in daily

RIP kidneys
>>
>>73452990
oregonfag reporting in. non cityfags all hunt. every single family has at least one hunter. the animals are raised wild, free, & killed immediately & humanely. its for food, to save money.

i also like killing the animals. i like it. i dont care about venison, i like killing deer. that won't change.
>>
File: PLANT-PROTEIN3.jpg (875 KB, 2166x2888) Image search: [Google]
PLANT-PROTEIN3.jpg
875 KB, 2166x2888
>>73452603
If you went vegan you would probably lost most of that weight and you would be healthier.

As long as you make sure that you are getting all the nutrients and vitamins/minerals your body needs being vegan is automatically healthier then a regular diet because you don't have to deal with the bad health effects that meat causes like inflammation.

>>73452631
nice meme
>>
>>73451506
animals are all suicidal we are just helping them out.
>>
>>73453199
In the modern era people can get by on a diet like that
Doing so because of the ability to choose for the health benefits doesn't make them hypocritical if they were in a crisis situation
I don't know how people get by being vegans though, being a vegetarian along is somewhat limiting if you go out
>>
>>73451506
I like meat and I believe that hedonism is the only way worth living.
>>
>>73451506
Because there is no practical advantage to veganism, and dozens of problems associated with it.

And no, you don't have to consume a bunch of trans-fats to eat meat.
>>
>>73453008
This. Cooking and eating meat is the point in human evolution where brain development took off. Eventually giving humans enough brain power for morons to start threads telling everyone eating meat is wrong. Congratulations, millions of animals died in vain because vegans evolved into ungrateful idiots.
>>
File: when you give up.jpg (60 KB, 550x531) Image search: [Google]
when you give up.jpg
60 KB, 550x531
>>73451506
Because I'm a NEET who's barely surviving, therefore I eat whatever I can to sustain myself.
>>
File: ice-cube-1.png (198 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
ice-cube-1.png
198 KB, 400x370
How the fuck do you expect to turn me into a vegan if you won't even bother to post any good vegan recipes?
>>
Humans are omnivores, not herbivores
>>
>>73453364
I recently heard an argument for hunting from a veterinarian (she said this to a vegan), saying that hunting is actually the most humane form of meat eating there is, because it's a natural return to the food chain, the animals live free and unconstrained, no intensive farming or animal cruelty, it keeps the population in check, and the only human technological advantage is to lessen the suffering of the animal. you could argue that it would be more "fair" or whatever to use a bow or a spear, but is the deer honestly going to appreciate that as it is taking longer to die because you can't fucking aim a stick of wood as well as a bullet?
>>
>>73451506
I embrace my nature as an omnivore. Don't deny your nature, you'll end up as a cuck.
>>
>>73453411
alright let me clarify

i like killing things. i like finding, stalking, & taking the life of another animal. deer, elk, fish, clams even. i like owning them so completely that they become part of me, but first, i like killing them.

i also like art & good coffee. youd probably like me if we had a beer. so this isnt going to change.
>>
>>73453337
>Athletes, particularly in sports requiring strength and power, consume high levels of dietary protein [89,90]. In fact, many athletes habitually consume protein in excess of 2.0 g/kg/day [91]. Supplementation with amino acids will further increase dietary protein levels in these individuals [92]. Yet there is no evidence that this population is at greater risk for kidney disease or losses in renal function [90]. Poortsmans and Dellalieux [93] found that protein intakes in the range of ~1.4–1.9 g/kg/day or 170–243% of the recommended dietary allowance did not impair renal function in a group of 37 athletes. We found no data in the scientific literature to link high protein intakes to increased risk for impaired kidney function in healthy, physically active men and women.

Let me cite that source for you: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1262767/
>>
>>73453411
>still need to take supplements
Ok.
>>
File: Annoying5.jpg (303 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
Annoying5.jpg
303 KB, 2048x2048
>>73452990
you seem like a cool guy
>>73453207
Yes. I agree that that's better than industry scale farming. I disagree that it makes it a good thing, I still think it would be better for a cow to not be killed, no matter how quickly or painlessly it happens. Cows are social animals, you probably killed someone's father or mother. Where is this farm? Is there an address or a website? It's hard for me to imagine it's a commercially viable operation in the first place.
Also why is it that the only people who exclusively use the rainbow and sunshines farm seem to be the meat eaters who post in vegan threads looking for vindication? Where are all the people who buy packaged steaks from woolies?
>>73453298
I feel like you're trolling, but I'll rise to your bait - plants have no CNS. Plants can't think. Plants can't suffer. Plants don't have preferences so plants can't have their preferences frustrated. That's one reason.
Here's another one - plant matter doesn't expel greenhouse gases at the same rate as bigs and cows do. They don't produce as much waste. They don't consume as much water, or require perfectly good grain to be fed to them. Plant life is unquestionably better for the environment than farmed animals are.
>>
>>73451506
OP, I classify what is a greater and lesser value, thereby being quintessential to classifying subjective worth, assert that I am greater intelligence than animals.

I love animal products, and find animal husbandry a symbiotic relationship between man and beast.
>>
>le "I don't eat meat, but I don't think of the logical consequences of such a diet on the environment" meme

Fact: Vegetarians/Vegans are worse for the environment than people who buy their meat from local farms
>>
>>73453337

Eskimos ate nothing but meat for thousands of years and they're still around
>>
>>73453631
>Humans are omnivores, not herbivores
Nice meme

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/

>Although most of us conduct our lives as omnivores, in that we eat flesh as well as vegetables and fruits, human beings have characteristics of herbivores
>>
>>73453648
You can also apply a religious argument to it as being more merciful than letting an animal bleed and suffer just to be "more authentic".
>>
>>73453828
There's nothing wrong with being vegan if you're doing it as some sort of diet to lose weight and shit, but when you're doing it as some self righteous protest that we shouldn't take another life, i hope you're only eating artificially made food without any animal or plant based ingredients for every meal or you're a god damn fucking hypocrite
>>
>>73451506
Normal people why are you part of my fringe group

Bonus round: don't use logic or reason
>>
>>73453648
i completely agree. i love the argument that its 'cheating' to kill animals with tools or eat them cooked, not raw.

theres a lot of recent research that shows we are clearly meant to use tools to survive. we dont have claws, or fangs, or might vision. we dont even have teeth designed for actual herbivore life, theyre for eating cooked food. theres a tedtalk on it somewhere, good crash course.

>>73453916
see above you inbred
>>
I feed my dog a vegan diet. It doesn't like vegetables, so i rub raw meat or bacon grease on it to get the dog to eat it. It isnt really healthy for the dog, they need meat to live. i do it because i like being mean to dogs. I throw the meat away when I'm done. (I'm not going to eat something that touched a vegetable).
>>
>>73453828
>Where is this farm? Is there an address or a website? It's hard for me to imagine it's a commercially viable operation in the first place.
it's probably not. it's a hobby farm, owned by a couple who both work but maintain it because it's just what people do out here, and their work is sporadic enough that they have the time for it.
>making that comic
>not being a self righteous shit rod
pick one
>>
>>73453411
so to get enough protein on a vegan diet I have to eat a fucking KILOGRAM of almonds EVERY DAY

And that's assuming I get all my protein from almonds, which are among the absolute highest on the list. lol what the fuck dude
>>
>>73453897
As an agro engineer. I can guarantee you that rice cultivation is fucking the whole planet.

Rice ban when?
>>
File: 1462410338303.gif (162 KB, 357x469) Image search: [Google]
1462410338303.gif
162 KB, 357x469
>>73453978
This
Vegetarianism/veganism is good for health benefits
Moral arguments are retarded
>>
I'm a piece of shit, alright? I want my fucking meat.
>>
>>73451506
We didn't evolve as vegans. You couldn't survive on the vegetables in the wild. I want to eat the nutrients that my body is built for. Its the same reason I wouldn't feed a rabbit a steak.
>>
>>73451506
I simply don't care, maybe I'm evil, maybe I'm a bad person, but nothing is stopping me from eating something that my body finds delicious, I'm not going to restrict myself based upon "feelings"
>>
>>73453916
>omnivores have characteristics of herbivores
yeah no shit, they also have characteristics of carnivores, given that they fucking eat everything
>>
>>73454055
>see above you inbred
What's your point? We're herbivores. We are not supposed to eat meat.
>theres a lot of recent research that shows we are clearly meant to use tools to survive
Lmao sure thing. I posted a source, how about you do it as well? For all we know, you just pulled that shit out of your ass.
>>
>>73454117
Imagine the shit you would take. It would look like a particle board log.
>>
>>73454296
alright stick around for like five minutes
>>
>>73454198
>agro engineer

Fascinating. Do you have any other information that isn't widely spread like that? What about rice cultivation is so destructive? Are there any logical alternatives for places that survive on growing rice?
>>
>>73454198
What would you rather have?
>>
>>73454117
Its quite easy to eat a mix of the top 10 protein-high foods on the list and get a lot of protein. You can always take protein powder as well but if you plan your meals right you won't even need to.

>>73453805
You would need to as well if they didn't give farm/factory animals B12 supplements so don't act all high and mighty.
>>
>>73453897
How much land is wasted providing mud paddocks for factory farmed livestock? How much water is poured into feeding and growing said livestock? How much grain is wasted feeding them? How much methane do livestock produce? I'm not a climate scientist or a scientist of any kind, but it seems like common sense applies in this scenario that growing slightly more plant matter to keep up with increased demand from more vegan diets is less harmful to the environment than factory farming.
But hey, what the fuck do I know. Nothing, that's what, I'm not scientifically literate enough to read articles on this. >>73454198 Mr. Agro Engineer, redpill me pls.
>>73453978
I eat meat. I just had a roast chicken sandwich with butter and gravy like 20 minutes ago.
>self-righteous
Actually it's the opposite of self-righteous, vegans do it to protect the interests of others
>we shouldn't take another life
A lot of vegans I know support the death penalty, support abortion, support killing in self-defence... taking another life is often fine. Taking another life to satisfy the most trivial human interest, having nice tasting food, is fucked up.
>>
>>73454296
>We're herbivores. We are not supposed to eat meat.
Well, you seem to have your information wrong. You're canine teeth are for eating meat
>>
>>73451506
It is significantly easier, cheaper and more enjoyable to eat a balanced and healthy diet by including animal products.

Humans are and have always been omnivores.
>>
>>73454267

That argument doesn't refute the logic of vegan because it healthier when done right and reduces the chance of developing a number of serious diseases.
>>
File: 1461200661717.jpg (78 KB, 640x788) Image search: [Google]
1461200661717.jpg
78 KB, 640x788
>>73454525
>You're canine teeth are for eating meat
Haha
>>
>>73454117
>he fell for the two hundred grams of protein a day meme
>>
File: wtf.png (103 KB, 214x241) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
103 KB, 214x241
>>73454659

>herbivore
>diet consists mainly of niggers
>>
>>73454421
>Its quite easy to eat a mix of the top 10 protein-high foods on the list and get a lot of protein.

Buddy that means I have to eat even more. Do you understand that?

>>73454660
>Italy doesn't think you need 1g protein/lb body weight
>>
>ask question
>greentext a legitimate reply as a way of not having to deal with it
>pretend to want discussion
sage
>>
>>73451506
>mfw russian vegan
>>
>>73454659
>"herbivore"
>kills and eats hundred of people a year
>>
I love meat.
>>
I like meat.
>>
>>73454525
>You're canine teeth are for eating meat

Say again?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_musk_deer
>>
>>73454906
>>73454782
>>
>>73454358
>What about rice cultivation is so destructive?
Bogs produce methane because waterlogging. Rice cultivation use waterlogging. Rice is one of the most consumed cereals in the world. Now do the maths.

>>73454368
Nothing. Everything is fucked. If you solve a problem, you get another. Overpopulation is the real problem here.
>>
been vegan for eight years and it's probably the only major life choice I've ever made that ended up being good
>>
>>73454993
>>73455016
They're for cutting into meat when they're fighting still.
>>
>>73455016
>>73454993
Obvious vampires
>>
>>73454448
>factory farmed livestock

I said local farms for a reason. Methane is certainly an issue, but there are TONS of fossil fuels (as well as water and other critical resources) that are burned in the process of cultivating nuts, fruits, and the other stuff vegans consume. Not eating meat also disrupts natural environments that reach an equilibrium based on human meat consumption. The other predators that move in also don't make their kills in a humane manner whatsoever, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of not eating meat for emotional reasons.

My only point was to criticize vegans who don't think things through, yet still believe that they have a reason to take a moral stance. The physics law that says that there's always an "equal and opposite reaction" also applies to political issues.
>>
>>73455104
So you're saying that genocide is our best option
>>
>>73454421
>Its quite easy to eat a mix of the top 10 protein-high foods on the list and get a lot of protein.

That depends pretty heavily on your definition of "a lot of protein." 40g? No problem. Enough for a power lifter? Thats going to take some serious work.

>You can always take protein powder as well but if you plan your meals right you won't even need to.
You have a problem here. The three most common protein sources for powders are: soy, whey, casein. Soy is just fucking bad for you. Whey and casein are both animal proteins.

There are other things on the market, but they're specialty items and you don't have the same variety. That means its much more difficult to find something to your taste, something with a texture you tolerate, and something thats cost effective. I can walk into any Costco in the country and pick up a 5 pound tub of whey/caesin/albumen powder with a good blend of aminos for 45 bucks. Its easy to find, the taste and texture aren't godawful, and it does what I need it to. If I went vegan I wouldn't have a product like that.
>>
>>73455168
Also applicable to humans. Check and mate.
>>
>>73455249
Even if you aren't a power lifter, if you're in decent shape and want to make some gains, being on a vegan diet is going to fucking suck a dick.
>>
>>73451506
When you're vegan how do you eat with friends or with a chick
>>
>>73451506
Do you stand outside of nature or are you part of it?

If you stand outside of nature then you have the ability to force changes on it. You have to because since you are outside of the system you can lay judgement on those inside the system. So you must force animals to not eat meat as well. If you dont then you letting injustice happen around you daily even though its in your power to stop it.

If you are part of nature then you are part of its cycle. Its natural that things eat other things to survive in this cycle. The Lion eats the Antelope just as the Human eats a Deer. You are unable to judge anyone in this system because you benefit from it since you do not stand apart from it. That means you cannot pass any judgement.
>>
>>73454660
You'd be pounding down the protein too if you ran five miles in the morning, spent 90 minutes doing density sets at high loads, and closed off with Tabata.
>>
>>73454797
>>Italy doesn't think you need 1g protein/lb body weight

> Lean body mass (density) was maintained in bodybuilders consuming 1.05 g protein.kg-1.day-1.
1Department of Physical Education and Pediatrics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3356636
>>
>>73455391
Would that count as an animal protein or would it be cool since it was freely given?
>>
I'm lazy and you wouldn't believe how many foods you're restricted to when vegan. Also the "alternatives" that are provided are either expensive, taste like shit, or both.
>>
>>73454659
https://www.ted.com/talks/heribert_watzke_the_brain_in_your_gut/transcript?language=en

you FUCKING PARASITE BITCHNIGGER

we have neither the canines for raw meat nor the grinding plates required for raw plants. this is how i know all of you are idiots, none of you have looked at the teeth of elephants or cows. we have to eat cooked food.

plus, brain tissue like ours is incredibly expensive. calories in meat were necessary for our evolution.

also you cant get b12 from vegetable sources without human level processing. we cant synthesize it. so we literally have always needed to eat some sort of animal product.
>>
>>73455016
>ethiopian
they probably would eat meat if there was any to be found, and may have historically, but like you vegan monkeys something changed in their environment preventing them from doing so. in their case, scarcity, in your retardation.
also, they use the teeth as a threat display. eating or no, they exist to cut flesh.
>>
>>73455502
>maintained

Find me a body builder looking to maintain.
>>
>>73451506
I want to be healthy, I like the taste of animal products.
>>
>>73451506
So my Ukrainian girlfriends vegan. I work in biotech/agriculture and am well aware of the flaws in our agricultural model (and have devoted my career to doing my part to amend it best I can)

I'm vegetarian-ish. But not a nazi. I will eat meat on special occasions. Your damn right I'm eating a burger on the fourth. And turkey on thanksgiving bc idgaf.

She's full blow vegan, which is admirable but I contend that if we had chickens in our backyard and ate those eggs, it's a ok. She disagrees.

I still eat eggs/dairy because I need them in cooking. They open up a whole world of possibilities.

In a theoretical situation where I had a cow and goat to milk, and chickens to get eggs from, that I treated humanely

What is inherently wrong with that
>>
>>73451506
Because I choose to be.

Animals do not exist within the sphere of morality. My preference of what to eat has no more ethical significance than the color of my socks.
>>
>>73455502
>maintained

You're a fuckin idiot lol
>>
>>73455625
>we have to eat cooked food.
Can't eait fruit and vegetables? Lmao fuck out of here. Just because you're a herbivore it doesn't mean you eat grass.
>>
I just don't want to miss out. Being a vegan is like choosing to go colour blind.
>>
>>73455876
Sweden is black bull cum kosher for veganfags?
>>
>>73455225
I'm just saying that considering the human population numbers, it's imposible to have a "sustainable" agriculture.

Fun Fact: The rise of [CO2] by human action is saving lives. Increasing atmospheric CO2 levels=increasing crops efficiency.
It would be imposible to get the same crop production 50 years ago.
>>
>>73455876
Doesn't it generally mean that you have the digestive capacity to break down cellulose and other "dietary fibers?"
>>
>>73453716
Can you work on hunting and killing urban youth more?
>>
>>73451506
It's a lot easier (and wayyy cheaper) to get all my macros by eating dairy and meat.
>>
>>73455876
youre an idiot.

read the transcript, then read some of his papers, like
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/222630563_Impact_of_processing_on_bioavailability_examples_of_minerals_in_food

so you understand that this man has forgotten more about the body than you will ever know.

you didnt even fucking READ the source after you bitched about me not having one. why do you expect me to take you seriously?
>>
>>73451696
>ME LIKE DA TASTE
>>
>>73455769
DUUDE
Muscle is 75% water so you want me to believe that you gonna gain 1 pound of muscle a day going from 100 grams to 200? That's 30lb a month.
1.0/1.1g /kg is fine
>>
>>73456092
which requires enzymes, or bacteria with them, THAT WE DONT HAVE

cellulose is sugar, repeating units of sugar. incredibly powerful food if you can break it down. but we cant. & unlike what a life filled with supermarkets has taught us, fruit & vegetables arent in great supply out there.

it is, mostly, cellulose.

>>73456145
kek

ill give you a ring when i think of moving to the city

>>73455876
i apologize if i appear confrontational, but this numbskull is pissing me off with his complete lack of eloquence & failure to do his research
>>
>>73451506

unless you are a woman or a manlet the vegan diet does not have enough protein or calories to sustains a full grown man's daily nutritional needs, unless you have hours to spend eating food.

I need 3000 cal to put on any weight, and at least 100 gram of protein every day.
>>
>>73455016
This picture is intellectually dishonest as unlike Humans, a Gelada's oversized fangs are not used for eating.
>>
File: 1231251.jpg (60 KB, 512x355) Image search: [Google]
1231251.jpg
60 KB, 512x355
>>73456158
>waaah sven didnt read my source waah
t. assblasted american
>>
>>73453828
>Plants can't think.
Plants respond to being talked to and apparently grow better when exposed to music. They also release chemicals upon being harmed similar to bleeding.

You can start preaching when you learn how to eat rocks. Until then you gotta kill to live.
>>
>>73456092
Eeh No. Non-ruminants herbivores exist
>>
>>73456414
Nobody is talking about a pound of day, hell, I don't even get that on cycle. What I do get from a high protein diet is improved recovery, more satiation from meals, and fewer plateaus. Going from 100g to 220g has made cutting MUCH easier because I just don't feel as hungry. Its allowed me to consistently get in another lift a week because I'm not as sore. Its allowed me to actually pack on the muscle by always having Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine available in the right proportions at the right times.
>>
>> No "me like da taste muh god said muh dominion over da animals" replies allowed.

taste is how our body tells us what nutrients we need
>>
>>73456535
damn straight

i literally have a knowledgeable discourse that illustrates why you are wrong. its made a guy whos work on the field is peer reviewed & accepted as correct. & yet youre Stoll holding on to simplistic arguments

you cant prove me wrong. im objectively right. but youre still being idiotic. why wouldnt i be assblasted?
>>
>>73451506
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNgA06xE_Ng

average vegan
>>
>>73456426
>which requires enzymes, or bacteria with them, THAT WE DONT HAVE

Kinda the point I was making...
>>
>>73454558
Yeah when compared to the average American's diet of McDonalds, soda, beer, and cake. Yeah being vegan is healthier than that.
>>
>>73451506
Vegetarian is good enough for me
>>
Not eating meat will accomplish nothing
>>
>>73456736
Yeah, but even monogastric herbivores like gorillas can digest cellulose.
>>
>>73454117
>>73454797
>>73455249
>>73455391
>>
>>73451506
Because by eating meat in Australia, I am actually contributing to less animal deaths than vegans/vegetarians are.
http://theconversation.com/ordering-the-vegetarian-meal-theres-more-animal-blood-on-your-hands-4659

That said, I also believe that as a meat-eater you should be capable of killing the animal you are eating. If you're not capable of killing a cow, you shouldn't eat beef.

Not because of any moral reasons or anything, but simply because if you're not willing to kill an animal in order to eat it, you're a fucking pussy, and pussies should stick to the vegetarian and vegan menu.

Also, vegetarianism is fine by me, but vegans are fucking idiots. Eggs are an excellent source of protein and don't harm the animal at all. Cows NEED to be milked, but a vegan thinks you should just pour that milk down the drain instead of drinking it.

Also, the best way to keep an animal species alive is to start eating it. That's the reason buffalo came back.
>>
>>73457087
>3400 calories
>all those fucking carbs

Yeah...no.
>>
>>73456426
>fruit & vegetables
I agree about vegetables, but you are wrong about fruits. Fruits are full of sugar, aka simple carbohydrates.
>>
>>73453411
>literally recommending i eat pot plant seeds instead of chicken
>>
>>73456864

Thats a raw vegan which is significantly different in practice then a vegan who eats cooked food. You posted the same video with the same comment a week or two ago, stop acting like a moron.
>>
>>73457067
Humans can too, but the quantity is laughable.
>>
File: typical american beverage.png (71 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
typical american beverage.png
71 KB, 400x278
>>73457087

>half a pound of broccoli

fuck that. i'll just drink my health shake
>>
>>73451506
I love consuming other beings, and making them one with me. Through me they live, I live through their sacrifice. I spill the blood, I eat the flesh.
>>
>>73456736
they still can do

>>73457067

this

>>73456883
im on your side
>>
>>73451506
Because I don't give a shit about animals except a couple of completly arbitrary species
>>
>>73456947

It has been repeatedly proven by researchers that its healthier then a regular diet even when they conduct the studies in Europe and when they eliminate people who eat poorly from the omnivore control group.
>>
Because I don't care about your shit, fuck off.
>>
>>73451506
>why aren't you vegan?
because i enjoy having muscle mass, since i have a penis, and not a vagina like you.
>>
>>73457087
>soy
>soy
>tofu
>soy
have fun growing a vagina.
>>
>>73457387

>266 grams of sugar

What the actual holy fuck. No wonder you're all fucking fat.
>>
>>73457033

Except improving the health of your immune system and reducing your risk of cancer, heart disease and becoming obese.
>>
>>73457387
disgusting but the filename made me laugh
>>
>>73457230
yes. & the evolutionary balance between forces dictates that plants will attempt to use as little fruit tissue per seed as possible. its mostly water, with a little sugar. thats not very economical to support a big organism, not a lot of calories & no protein. plus, we dont have the mobility of birds or other primates to do nothing but find fruit all day, & i dont know what its like where youre at, but fruit doesnt fucking GROW HERE ALL YEAR LONG

we can eat it, yes, but hardly survive on it
>>
>>73457387
That clearly says "Heath", not "Health"

>Americans in charge of reading

that said, you'd be better off drinking that thing than all of that fucking soy in the vegan faggot's "high protein" diet
>>
>>73457658
Tasty tasty sugar.
>>
>>73457726
sleep tight puppper
>>
>>73453411
i would rather kill myself than eating this everyday
>>
>>73451506
I'm only 110lbs. Fuck off.
>>
>>73457266

Hemp seeds are way more healthier then chicken. Its a complete and easily-digestible protein and contains Omega-3s and fiber.

>>73457610
1) The science on that is inconclusive with some research showing less T, other research showing more T and other research showing no change
2) You can easily switch out all the soy in that meal-plan for other high-protein vegan stuff
3) most meat is pumped full of hormones
4) meat causes inflammation which in the long term can fuck up your hormonal system
>>
>>73457658

but that protein. its perfect for bulking
>>
>>73452181

That is idiotic argument because obviously we are not starving. Especially you America.
>>
>>73457907

If you plan it right it tastes good and after being vegan for a while people often permanently feel better mentally and physically as long as they stick with it.
>>
>>73457087
>needing to eat 3384 fucking calories in orther to get a correct protein intake
Holy shit.
Also, vegs don't have a correct balance of essential amino acids.

Just go vegetarian. Eggs and milk are even more efficient than meat or fish when it comes about protein intake
>>
>>73458269
vegetarian can eat fish too i think
>>
>>73451506
Humans are a animal species above all other animal species. A lion is above a zebra. If a fucking lion can eat a zebra I am going to eat a fucking steak.
>>
>>73458269

Its easy to get the right balance of amino acids because many vegan foods combine to create complete proteins and there at least 10 or so vegan foods that are themselves complete proteins
>>
>>73451506
1. im not a fag
2. im not retarded
3. i fucking love meat
4. i dont give a shit about animals of other species that i will literally never see anywhere else other than the super market or my plate
5. im not a fag
6. i dont like dicks
7. im heterosexual
>>
>>73451506
>1 post by this ID
Come the fuck on you idiots
>>
>>73457162
eggs are also a great source of cholesterol. what's our leading killer again?
how about we stop impregnating cows and taking their young. That is the only reason they "NEED" to be milked. because they are made pregnant and little baby cow is shipped off for the veal industry.
what happens to the male chicks? down the blender/grinder.
if you actually google that article and put debunked at the end you can see people debunking his claims. even non-vegans are disputing them.
>>
Because I like the taste of m-

Oh. Well fuck you then.
>>
>>73451506
Most people are healthier on a mostly plant-based diet, with low dairy, and a little meat. The overwhelming majority of dietetic research supports this.
>>
File: mxtUuMn.jpg (72 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
mxtUuMn.jpg
72 KB, 750x750
>>73451506
Rules of nature, motherfucker. We have over fifty thousand years of food chain supremacy and I'm not about to throw away something humans evolved to live with.

So yeah, I'll enjoy my steak while you eat 50 pounds of broccoli to compensate your lack of nutrients.
>>
>>73451506
bacon
>>
>>73458661
But vegans still needing to get artificial protein supplements. Nice on paper but not in practice.

Also 3384 calories is to much. 3000 of daily carbo-calories will kill me because of my diabetes.
>>
>>73451506
Injun here, I eat meat because I was taught growing up to respect all living things as though they were brother or sister, and to appreciate their sacrifice as a gift rather than a right or piece of property. When I hunt deer or rabbit/kill one of the farm animals I do it quickly and humanely. I don't waste a single bit of the creature.

Also pork is really tasty and mudslimes hate it.
>>
>>73459084

Enjoy your butt cancer, obesity, heart disease and shortened life expectancy faggot
>>
File: snek blush.jpg (48 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
snek blush.jpg
48 KB, 500x432
>>73451506
Better question

What up with /an/?
>>>/an/2116841
>>>/an/2116842
>>>/an/2116844
>>
>vegans always say "meat doesn't taste good! you only like it because it's cooked and filled with spices!"
>move to Japan and eat raw chicken meat and raw horse meat weekly
>it's fucking delicious
>>
If you really care about animals you'll starve yourself. The atoms in your body could be distributed into the environment to further nourish animals and plant life. Just go into the woods and lie down and wait to rejoin the planet you love so much.
>>
>>73459243
Enjoy living a lie
>>
>>73459290
>MEAT TASTES TERRIBLE BECAUSE YOU NEED TO SEASON IT TO MASK THE TASTE
>look up vegan """""""cusine"""""""
>its just tofu and vegetables covered in seasoning to mask their terrible taste
>laugh as i crack open a bluefin tuna and eat it raw

stupid vegans
>>
File: Fable_Crunchy_Chick.jpg (212 KB, 550x500) Image search: [Google]
Fable_Crunchy_Chick.jpg
212 KB, 550x500
OP's a fag, but did anyone else keep one of these as a pet and feel terrible after accidentally eating it?
>>
>>73451506
for starters meat is a good source of protein.

being a vegan makes you look and act like a sissy faggot.
like cyclists, you can ride a bike THATS FUCKING FINE but the fucking attitude of cyclists gives everybody the shits.

you faggots think not eating meat somehow makes you better than everyone else FUCK OFF.
>>
>>73459487
I never got this meme.

My family eats food with tons of seasoning, however, in my experience it really just serves to distract from the food and its quality. Normal cooked chicken tastes as good as seasoned stuff to me for the most part.

Maybe I just have shit taste, but I never saw the point to making a perfectly good chicken breast then seasoning the shit out of it so it tastes like garlic.
>>
>>73451506
i have some sharp teeth in my mouth as any human should. its a badge of honor. it signifies we eat other animals or at least can

im simply doing what my body is made to do. turn other animals into shit

and before you say all primates have some sharp teeth neanderthal did not. they had flat teeth for grinding. like a mouth full of molars
>>
>>73451506
me like da taste muh god said muh dominion over da animals
>>
>>73459808
Eating meat with seasonings just another way to enjoy it. Everyone should experience the beauty of meats without anything on them at least occasionally.

Meat is a very healthy part of a balanced diet, OP, and we aren't going to change our traditions for you. Life is struggle.
>>
>>73452728
this is probably the most redpilled shit i've ever seen.

Bravo anon.
>>
>>73459808
Seasoning meat is usually done to enhance it. For poorer families, it's to mask the lower quality taste.

It's all about how you do it.
>>
>>73458797
Dietary cholesterol has nothing to do with blood cholesterol
>>
Because I'm a man.

Veganism seems to have a disproportionate amount of women who adhere to it.

I don't feel like I can maintain a muscular body while eating a meat-free diet.

I have nothing against vegans. I don't care what people choose to eat. Truth be told I imagine that the healthiest diet for a person to eat would be a raw food one free of meat.

But fuck that. It's not for me. I need to have muscles on my body. I'm a man.
>>
Because I don't want to be.

Freedom sure is great.
>>
>>73455346
Tools for killing animals in our mouths, vegans complain when we use them on animal flesh for general consumption. Stop telling me what I can do with my body.
>>
>>73452728
This guy fucking gets it.

Pretentious, sniveling hippies trying to deny their own biology is the only reason that this faggotty subculture even exists.
>>
File: heart death men 2000.png (1 MB, 1254x1290) Image search: [Google]
heart death men 2000.png
1 MB, 1254x1290
>>73460250
It does, not as much as people believe, but it does.
>>
>>73451506
Because I worked in a vegan cheese factory
>>
>>73452728
You can use this same logic to justify all kinds of degeneracy: murder, rape, homosexuality, etc.
>>
>>73451506
>eating the leafy jew

No thanks.
>>
>>73451506
In my country it's illegal to be vegan. Vegans are executed to preserve social harmony and productivity.
>>
>>73451506
I'm vegan

I'm not filth who is ok with what we are doing to animals right now
>>
>>73451506
To spite morally superior vegans, obviously. Get off your high horse, France.

#PlantLivesMatter
>>
Vegans are self righteous cunts. I shouldn't have to explain why I enjoy eating meat.
>>
>>73452728
what a load of croc shit

everything about civilization is about getting away from pain and suffering, we just deny that to animals because we enslave them.

You want pain and suffering go live in africa with the wild, away form civilization.

And theres nothing in nature even remotely comparable to the amount of pain and suffering we cause to animals with the modern meat industry

you kids need to grow up and stop the memes, this is real life we are talking about, real beings that suffer extremely for a lifetime
>>
>CTRL-F
>"Xenoestrogen"
>no results

Shameful as fuck. If you're eating meat, you're consuming the equivalent of handfuls of estrogen pills unless you kill your own meat.

If you're a vegan, you're eating soy and soy products, which is also loaded with estrogen.

Be more careful what you eat, you fucking pussies. No wonder you can't make physical gains.
>>
>>73452527
Might as well serve it raw if it's going to be that red in the middle
>>
>>73460900
Whites are self righteous cunts. I shouldn't have to explain why I enjoy raping women

keep acting like a nigger
>>
>>73452968
I know it's a late reply, but I hope you're not seriously considering going vegan purely because of acne.

If you want it gone for good like I did go on accutane, it can be a rough treatment but my face is 99% clear now.

If anything take it easy with dairy and sweets, just eat healthy.
>>
>>73460673
Those things get in the way of society. Eating animals doesn't.
>>
>>73451506
muh dominion over da animals
You're an embarrassment to your nation
>>
>>73460933
What if I don't need testosterone to be a man? What if I can make the right decision even if I am afraid and weak?
>>
>>73461011
Not an expert on this topic, butisn't acne mostly related to fat consumption? As long as you don't eat chorizo (animal fat) and chocolate (veg fat) you should be ok.
>>
>>73461118

>What if I don't need testosterone to be a man?

Because you need testosterone to get fit, keep muscle mass, aid willpower, maintain energy levels, even to build fat in the right places.

You see these pudgy assholes on the streets? With pear-shaped bodies, gaining fat as a woman would? Wispy fucking facial hair and soft, doughy faces? Why would you want to be like them?

Don't you want to be a powerful role model for your wife's son?
>>
File: IMG_1280.jpg (1 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1280.jpg
1 MB, 2816x2112
>>73460312

This guy is 50
>>
>>73460947
>t. someone who has 0 class and has probably eaten shoe leather cooked by his redneck aussie uncle his entire life
>>
>>73461346
RARE
>>
>>73451506
I'm not a vegan because I eat meat.

When will you realize that you're no better either, even if you don't eat meat?
>>
>>73451506
It is unhealthy to eat only vegetables, your liver will suffer.
>>
>>73461294
Yeah you're not wrong I've heard that as well, but from my experience as long as you keep everything you eat in moderation you should turn out fine.
>>
Only the mind of a homosexual could see their body parts and remain ignorant of how they came to evolve that way. Tomorrow I give up oxygen and breathe only CO2. Join me OP.
>>
>>73453003
Of course that deer is a fucking vegan you fucktard
>>
>>73451506
>beaf tastes good
>chicken tastes good
>turkey tastes good
>pork tastes good
>fish tastes good
>crustaceans taste good
>deer tastes good
>rabbit tastes good
>gators taste good
if we weren't meant to eat animals they wouldn't all taste so good
>>
>>73462617

>muh senses are all that matters!

Jesus, you must be a horrendous sight. Like..a sphere of fat, constantly sating your base appetites like a beast.
>>
>>73460991
>raping someone is the same as enjoying a steak
Seems like I struck a nerve
>>
File: spit-roasting-lamb.jpg (417 KB, 957x1300) Image search: [Google]
spit-roasting-lamb.jpg
417 KB, 957x1300
>>73451506
Because I'm not stupid. Doh.
Pic related. Good food.
>>
>>73451506
because omnivores will make cultured/in vitro meat cheaper and available to all, meat without death, instead of going around and telling people to stop eating meat which only converts a small percentage of people to veganism
>>
>>73462757
>>73451506
how do you grow your brains when you only eat grass? do you have 25 stomachs like a cow? do you chew your own cum?
>>
File: 1370010499341.jpg (5 KB, 146x160) Image search: [Google]
1370010499341.jpg
5 KB, 146x160
>>73460947
what?
>>
Because I'm not retarded.
>>
Cheapest way to get protein.
>>
Given the chance, many animals try to eat us. So fuck them and their opinions.
>>
>>73451506
Post a photo of your arms OP, we all dare you
>>
>>73452902
Vegetarian nazi also reporting in. I have respect for you vegans it is tough I wanted to go vegan but cheese
>>
>>73452990
Do you give a shit about the environment collapsing?
>>
>>73461047
What is society? Groups of human beings? Why not include animals in "society"? Like you say, we're not of a higher order to other animals, so it only seems logical to extend society to them. In this case, eating animals is getting in the way of society, since it gets in the way of animals living their life.
>>
Everyone seems to care so much about random animals dying when that isn't even the problem with meat eating. Meat isn't a sustainable food we cannot support our population forever with meat, it is destroying our environment by doing so and could easily lead to another mass extinction event if we don't stop polluting the world and making animals go extinct
>>
>>73459084
Enjoy your cancer too.

Red meat is clearly very bad for you, this has been proven beyond a doubt, so why do it?
>>
>>73464751
To clarify how animals go extinct by the meat industry it isn't because of the cows we are killing, it is because the amount of cows. Forests are being cut down to make food to fees these cows when they could just feed us humans, we have enough food to feed the world however we chose not to as meat is more profitable. Cow shit is dumped into the ocean where it kills life in the ocean, cows drink a shit load of water, a lot more water then any plant would need, and if you believe in global warming cows are currently the number one cause for greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere, they release more greenhouse gas then anything else.
>>
Because I don't give a shit about animals. I'll eat anything. I don't care if they were kept in cages or whipped all their life or fucked on a bi-weekly basis by a hundred year old man, as long as they taste good. You place way too much value on animal and human life.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.