[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Protestantism v .2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: luther5208.jpg (31 KB, 320x416) Image search: [Google]
luther5208.jpg
31 KB, 320x416
continuation from the dead thread...
>>71846414
>If you knew history you should know that the jews implemented communsim in russia.

you noobism is stinking, and yes I know everything about the train that passed trough Germany and how it was financed.

October rev was as much of a jewish plot as it was an overthrow of a quasieuropean dinasty.

>>71846503
>We see this through the rejection of evolution and the whole "Intelligent design" watchmaker bullshit.
>Protestantism set the stage for these to arise and made it worse through its reaction.

dude, the most developed scientifical discoveries is in the most prot societies, evolution is a quasi theory anyway (t. basic philosphy of science)
tl:dr : was Western identity made by Protestantism?
>>
>>71847104

Just in case the Swede comes back:

>>71846470

Basically everyone and their mother is taking the Piss out of the Church and has been for two decades.

These constant attacks are compounded by the fact that the Romanian Family got destroyed by Emigration. Parents rarely see their kids if at all as they go to work abroad, the kids living alone or with remote family that might end up hating them.

Do to the highly conservative nature of the Communist Regime Romania went through a sexual liberation period that is still going which ended up with lots of divorces, dumped kids and full orphanages.

And then add the need to adapt to the EU, and move away from the "backwards" history and a relatively weak leadership of the current church and you have a disaster.
>>
>>71847104

>Western Identity made by Protestantism

Well during the apogee of the British Empire which is late 19th century the Anglican Church was getting close to being Orthodox.

Moreover the other big Empires where Catholic. And one Orthodox.

So not really.
>>
>>71847388
>Well during the apogee of the British Empire which is late 19th

america was already its own identity back then. WASP was already created, and its bascially of what pol calls "white".

"western identity" is also extremly individualistics which is a very protestant trait (that can be traced back socialogically and theologically)
>>
>>71847632

Except that individualism and want to prove yourself or find your own places is what has led to the Colonial Empires of again Catholic nations with 2 Exceptions(if you count Siberia as a Colony)

Also let's not forget that the century before the Reformation Italy was the center of individualist, or back then Humanist thought.
>>
File: Caspar David Friedrich based.jpg (224 KB, 1259x1600) Image search: [Google]
Caspar David Friedrich based.jpg
224 KB, 1259x1600
>>71847862
>Except that individualism and want to prove yourself or find your own places is what has led to the Colonial Empires of again Catholic nations

how was it lead by individualism? sure, colonialist had individual glory motives that were used to achive the goal, but is was financed top to bottom as an extension of Spanish/Portugeese empire for collectivistic gains.

>Also let's not forget that the century before the Reformation Italy was the center of individualist, or back then Humanist thought.

Humanism is a very depersonilied idelogy, I would not call Renaissance individualstic at all, but simply life-affirming like all Classicism.

pic rel is pure individualism that came with romanticism that had great affect in (half)protestant Germany, or recent "rebel without a cause" motive common in America.

btw-.almost all humanism ends up in totalitarianism,
>>
>>71848401

Well to leave your homeland to a new unexplored one shows a lot of self confidence and a tinge of being to proud yourself.

The maintanance of the crown is where one can see individualism stopping with press gangs as such, yet the focus still remained on individuals.

>humanism is not individualism

I know it's not, it was a stepping stone. A launch off point.

From this launch off point it goes further north and it becomes pure individualism while what is left behind through a few centuries progresses to the point of nationalism.

Though I would claim Most Protestant cultures are not individualist in of themselves, but where the perfect place to brew them. As the Early American Protestants attempted Communism till they starved.
>>
we all know that protestantism is just a dumb idea
>>
>>71848913
>Well to leave your homeland to a new unexplored one shows a lot of self confidence and a tinge of being to proud yourself.

agreed, it utilized those motives as all armies today do.

>The maintanance of the crown is where one can see individualism stopping with press gangs as such, yet the focus still remained on individuals.

the focus always remind on the Crown of the Spanish empire, when conquistadors discover the land they first proclaimed it as a part of the empire.

look at USA today; prepper culture, everybody has their own gun, highly selfsufficient, landed on the moon, myths of enterprenuiral success, etc.
>>
File: flinging theses everywhere.jpg (532 KB, 469x5000) Image search: [Google]
flinging theses everywhere.jpg
532 KB, 469x5000
>>71847104
(PREACHER WAS BANNED FOR THIS THESIS)
>>
>>71848997
>Aliens
wat
>>
>>71849970

The thing is. The Reason USA is individualistic is because the Protestant "Community" failed so bad they discovered each on their own was much much better.
>>
File: reformation.jpg (997 KB, 943x1456) Image search: [Google]
reformation.jpg
997 KB, 943x1456
>>71850097
I think reformation is a pretty cool guy. Eh opposes pope and doesnt afraid of anything.
>>
American protestantism always seemed kind of shitty to me, since it took the whole "righteousness is only defined by your zeal" thing to the extreme

t. scottish presbyterian
>>
>>71850810
Obviously it's a lot better than fruity anglicanism or pope worship, bu the whole YOUR LIFE IS TO FEAR GOD thing seems a bit overdone and not really aspirational, which runs counter to the West's reasons for success
>>
File: PROTESTANT CHURCH.gif (1 MB, 256x172) Image search: [Google]
PROTESTANT CHURCH.gif
1 MB, 256x172
>>71850810
>"righteousness is only defined by your zeal" thing to the extreme

couldnt put it better, also pic rel, however it is kind of true, good zeal is a sign of good faith, but AmProtTM pushes it to a faggy megachurch extreme
>>
File: cchan.jpg (89 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cchan.jpg
89 KB, 800x600
>>71847104
>>
>>71847388
The Anglican Church has always been Catholicism 2.0. Just with the King in place of the Pope.
>>
File: catholic1535.png (342 KB, 482x552) Image search: [Google]
catholic1535.png
342 KB, 482x552
>>71851258
>pol approved

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/24/pope-francis-congress-speech-immigration-climate-change-abortion
Vatican is pro-racemixing and mongrelization, Protestants keep the white race, vote Prot!
>>
>>71851516

The modern day one is Protestantism 3.0.

The 16 to 18th Century was Catholic 2.0 and in the small period of the late 19th century it was approaching Orthodoxy, or at the very least Greek Rite.
>>
>>71851680
>what is SSPX

someone needs to learn to google or
>>
I agree with OP picture but I don't call myself a protestant because I don't place labels on myself. Labels only cause division. I'm a righteous human being who attempts to live the way Christ would. Fuck all this Protestant/Catholic/Christian/Muslim shit.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.