[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quit Fucking Around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
File: Libertarian-leade-2.jpg (57 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Libertarian-leade-2.jpg
57 KB, 512x512
when you guys are done arguing over these shitty republican and democrat nominees; the libertarian party will be glad to provide a reasonable solution to the problem at hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iib0nyobUQM
>>
libertarian party?
whats next, libertarian goverment?
>>
Austin Petersen 2016. there, you're welcome
>>
>>70377037
Libertarians are the worst parts of liberals and conservatives combined - smallest possible government and unlimited social freedoms, not to mention retarded economic policies. Fuck off.
>>
how is a libertarian society plausible when it can't even provide roads or any other simple public good?
>>
If the Libertarians could support borders and not free movement so they could get cheap labor, maybe.
>>
File: 1447336393460.jpg (51 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1447336393460.jpg
51 KB, 600x450
>>70377479
My favorite meme
>>
File: MUH ROADS.png (155 KB, 534x548) Image search: [Google]
MUH ROADS.png
155 KB, 534x548
>>70377657
>>
>>70377403
>YOU SHOULDN'T
but you going to be forced anyway you fag
because you clearly don't know how mobs or private corporations work
>>
>>70377037
Kind of sounds like the Weimar Republic senpai.
>>
>>70377037
After this election the democratic and republican parties will crumble as the electorate realizes they are getting fucked over. They will be replaced by the libertarian party and the emperor trump lion party
>>
so you're arguing that the government is really streamlined and gets shit done, and that you'd rather the government make decisions for you. And you're also implying that if a libertatian were elected they'd somehow manage to change everything to the point of extream anarchy in a single term?
>>
What time is the debate tonight?
>>
>>70378352
6 minutes from now on FOX Business

Someone should make an exclusive thread.
>>
havent even looked at the thread

but inb4 statists go MUH ROADS
>>
>>70377037
libertarians only hope to any extent ever is from becoming tea party small-gov republicans.

Nobody in either party is stupid enough to switch to a group that'll let infinite immigrants walk in and take over the country while also not being able to pay for roads, schools, policing, healthcare or any other benefit that democrats and republicans provide.

Do I think mainstream repubs being in cults and wanting to chant pledges in school is retarded and bad for the country? Sure.

Is it anywhere near as bad as letting an unlimited quantity of the refuse of south america and the middle east and africa until the upper and middle classes totally disappear and Everyone is poor?
Not even close.

limited gov dem or repub (Rand Paul) > large gov that has benefits for non-rich people (Sanders) > large gov that fucks over anyone but rich people (main republican) == large gov that fucks over anyone with white skin and a cock (main democrat)
>>
>>70378710
>>70378352
I went ahead and made a thread.

>>70378881
>>
>>70378710
what channel even is that?
>>
>>70378710
>>70378979
Thanks dudes.
>>
File: lolbertarianparadise.jpg (906 KB, 1588x2400) Image search: [Google]
lolbertarianparadise.jpg
906 KB, 1588x2400
>>70377037
>>
>>70377479
So you're telling me that a private company can fly a rocket into space, deploy 11 satellite's, then turn the first stage around and land it on a barge in the ocean after falling from space... But they can't pour asphalt in a hole in the ground?
>>
>>70377403
No common currency, no taxes at all, not having to fund any military force. Finally understand why they call you lolbertarians.

That's anarchy though, not a limited govt, that's no govt at all. Anyone who wants that is as bad as a communist.
>>
File: 1459924227110.gif (983 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1459924227110.gif
983 KB, 500x364
By not taking the election process seriously we, the Libertarian party, will save America by losing and never winning anything! Yay for Libertarians! But hey, you feel better right?
>>
>>70378028
The interstate highway system. Nice meme.

>>70377657
Muh, an argument used by a retard on 4chan to dismiss something without actually making any legitimate point or putting any effort in.
>>
>>70380952
Got those backwards.
>>
>>70377037
>REEEE WHY CANT I BE LEADER OF A CHILD PROSTITUTION RING AND HAVE AN ATOM BOMB IN MY BACKYARD IF I RESPECT THE NAP
>>
>>70380952
Run down, polluting deathtrap. High overhead costs for cars.

Probably would be better off with a system of private railroads.
>>
>>70380433
as it benefits non-company users more than company use because the company is only a minority of drivers, no company would ever pay to have decent public roads built.
At very best, every libertarian road would be a toll road, stifling the entire economy and killing one of the largest industries in the world. Both gasoline use and new vehicle purchases would vanish overnight.
And most of our greatest companies like amazon and walmart would not be profitable anymore due to the added infrastructure costs since they've gone with a model based on the government providing cost-effective transportation to their many thousands of stores and millions of customers.
>>
>>70381817
The cost and availability of goods would be way worse. The ability for an individual to travel and move would be worse, one of the great freedoms of America.
>>
>>70382002
Toll roads are a superior system to what we have right now
>>
>>70382491
How would it be way worse? Car usage is inefficient and has various negative externalities. Plus, the significantly reduced risk of accident and death is a huge bonus.
>>
>>70380433
Subsidized by the government.

>>70382685
How are you gonna get your car to a toll road that it's worth it for a private corp to build if you don't live in a highly populated area? Please don't say 4 wheel drive.
>>
>>70377037
>[YouTube] Not Found (embed)

Pretty typical of Libertarian solutions.
>>
>>70377037
Fuck you, I used to be libertarian, but I've seen the light.

Not only are libertarians puppets for the likes of Soros & co., but they are fundamentally as naive and destructive for a culture as all those delusional leftists.

Because they too fail to understand or just outright ignore the principles that determine the fate of a civilization. Just like lefties they don't care about social cohesion and any sort of shared, collective interest based on ethnicity and culture.

SJWs sacrifice our cultures for their warped ideal of "equality" and all they will achieve is that they'll be overrun by a stream of barbarians, controlled by foreign elites and/or the jews.

Libertarians would abandon any collective interest and split society down to a bunch of antagonistic individuals in pursuit of maximum "freedom", leaving them all individually defenseless against exploitation by foreign elites and/or the jews.
>>
>>70382987
Reduced economic incentive to ship goods to less populated areas and worse road system makes it more difficult = more expensive to. Car usage danger doesn't add overhead to products.

What do you mean by car usage is inneficent? You don't want use to use cars?
>>
>>70382685
Except they're worse in every way to what we have now.
>>
File: trash.png (161 KB, 350x227) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
161 KB, 350x227
>lolbertarians
>>
>>70383320
>antagonistic individuals

This is where you're getting it wrong. Fundamentally you're a Hobbesian. Most libertarians are Lockean, and they maintain that people naturally desire to work together.
>>
>>70383592
Smoother, faster, bigger, better....
>>
>>70380433
topkek who do you think funds the R&D in the first place to make space exploration possible?
>>
>LE FUG LE TAXATION xDDDD
>>
>>70383528
No, I don't want to use cars. I have to spend a ridiculous amount of money to buy, maintain, etc. the goddamn things.

You can put many more people/goods on a train than on a car, and you don't have to deal with all of the difficulty of driving. Economies of scale, and all that.

And if it isn't efficient to ship goods to a place, then why should it be done? It seems like it would be better to prioritize building in more populated areas.
>>
>>70384089
I'd like living in a simpler time too. I'm not gonna pretend it'd be more efficient and productive though.
>>
File: super-maglev-train.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1579) Image search: [Google]
super-maglev-train.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1579
>>70385059
This is NOT simpler. Cars can't hope to compare.
>>
>>70385751
Trains are so efficient and convenient that the government has been subsidizing them for years.

That's not gonna get goods to market in a more cost effective way.

Even when there weren't cars, companies needed subsidies to build most railroads. C'mon man.
>>
File: james j hill.jpg (10 KB, 199x300) Image search: [Google]
james j hill.jpg
10 KB, 199x300
>>70386143
They didn't 'need' them, but they did take advantage of them.

In fact, the ones that were state subsidized ended up being terribly managed and bloated, ending up bankrupt. (Unlike this fellow's.)

And, in the end, the American government ended up hosing the railroad industry through the ICC.
>>
>>70378028
Why would any company pay for roads themselves when they can get a state to do it for a fraction of the cost (to the company)? The answer is they don't. Do you faggots seriously think that states did not arise organically from human organizations?
>>
>>70386654
They don't pay, but they should.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.