[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: gunsgermssteel.jpg (42 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
gunsgermssteel.jpg
42 KB, 329x500
Mornin' lads

Can anyone redpill me on this book? I've read reviews about it, know what it's about but I'm looking at a more critical evaluation. Had a professor earlier in the week talk about how great it is.

Your thoughts /pol/?
>>
Liberal bullshit

Go read the bell curve instead
>>
>>70222224
It's "Africans live in a land of milk and honey! Europeans live in harsh lands!" or "Africans live in harsh lands! Europeans live in lands of milk and honey!" the book.
>>
If geography is the root cause of differences in success between human groups, how come nigs in the US living with Whites still behave like apes?
>>
>DUDE GEOGRAPHIC DETERMINISM LMAO

It's mostly bullshit. Jared Diamond is not a historian or an anthropologist which should already be a big red flag. He has a tendency to start with a presumption that sounds like it might well be true, but then only cherry pick evidence that supports the hypothesis while totally ignoring conflicting evidence.
>>
>>70222812
Because a couple of hundred years is not enough to undo tens of thousands of years of evolution, as you should well know.
>>
cult of intellogence by marchetti and marks for how the past 70yrs got us here
>>
The research and evidence he uses is mostly accurate but heavily cherry picked, and his conclusion is flawed. Even Jared can't explain how China regressed behind Europe, which he admits near the end of his book.
>>
>>70223330
I guess that's fair.
>>
>>70222222
>>
>>70223885
>>70223143
>>70222804
>>70222325

Nobody on /pol/ can refute this book without "muh cherrypicking" or the use of long winded misleading jpegs and false copypasta
>>
>>70224204

I will now refute this book as deftly as one chops off a limb, it assumes the fallibility of the master race, and does not presume a stance of master morality, therefore it is shit, and you are a gay little turd for defending it. Kill yourself.
>>
>>70224204
And nobody can prove that the points JD brings up is correct either, because they are cherry picked as fuck.
>>
>>70224204
>>70224391
Also, if you have to cherry pick your arguments just to appear to be correct on the topic, then you are automatically wrong.
>>
Anyone got the copypasta/wall of text image that talks about the book?
>>
>>70222224
Your move (((Diamond))).
>>
>>70224391

you are literally responding to cherry picking accusations with "muh cherrypicking"
>>
>>70224713
That doesn't make me wrong :^)
>>
>>70224824

As the best of men I declare Denmark superior to the UK and his point infinitely more valid. Also I fucked UK's mother.
>>
>>70222224
What about other continents? Americas, Asia or Australia. How do they fit in this theory?
>>
>>70224824
>>70224500

6/10
>>
File: jsjsrjsrjsj.png (2 MB, 1176x854) Image search: [Google]
jsjsrjsrjsj.png
2 MB, 1176x854
>>
Determinism at its finest.

Will also put you to sleep.
>>
>>70224987
>I can't prove you wrong, therefore you must be trolling!

Come on, I know your teeth is rotten, but your brain too?
>>
>>70222224
"evolution is real but its not" the book
>>
File: 1459000541799.jpg (258 KB, 1551x805) Image search: [Google]
1459000541799.jpg
258 KB, 1551x805
For your convenience.
>>
>>70225016
I fucking love this shit:
>Europeans tame the wild horse
>Africans don't tame the zebra
>JD: "The european wild horse was easier to tame, than zebras are today"
>Impossible to prove right or wrong
>Use the argument anyway
And leftwing antiwhites fall for it everytime.
>>
>>70222224
Jared Diamond forces reality into his narrow liberal preconceptions. He builds an arbritary frame for himself and stays within it. If geographic determinism were true, how come Aboriginals and Native Americans in North America did not advance above hunter gatherers? They had more resources than they ever could ask for, the Prairies are to this day excellent farm land.
>>
>>70225322
Thanks anon
>>
File: 1454487771488.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
1454487771488.png
40 KB, 825x635
>>70225593
>Pic related
>>
>>70223330
So it truly is pointless to try and live with them. Nothing can be done. In to the ovens they go.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.